MILESAGO

2. Love Is My Bag
3. Your Friend And Mine
4. Untitled
5. Play A Song That I Know
6. What The World Needs (Is A New Pair Of Socks)
7. Virgin's Tale

iv. Everybody's Walking Sideways
11. Trust Me
12. Don't Bother Coming Round
13. Fly Without Its Wings
14. Mama, Did Jesus Wear Makeup?
15. Milesago

Total Time:

(Times to be updated later - T.Rox)

Search SPECTRUM Milesago lyrics

Search SPECTRUM Milesago tabs

- Mike Rudd / vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar
- Lee Neale / piano, electric piano, organ, harpsichord, vocals
- Bill Putt / bass guitar
- Ray Arnott / drums, tympani, Tibetan ding-a-ling, vocals

Additional musicians:
- Jeremy Noone / saxophone (4, 5 & 8)
- David Clarke / saxophone (4 & 8)
- Steve Miller / trombone (4)
- Simon Wettenhall / tuba (8)

LP: 1971 SHDW 50/51-D EMI/Harvest
CD: 2008 AVSCD033 Aztec Music (Australia)

Thanks to t.rox for the addition
and to proglucky for the last updates

SPECTRUM MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPECTRUM Milesago Music

MilesagoMilesago
Aztec 2008
Spectrum - MilesagoSpectrum - Milesago
Black Rose Records
CD geracao bendita ~ USD $15.51
LP geracao bendita ~ USD $22.58

More places to buy SPECTRUM music online Buy SPECTRUM & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPECTRUM DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPECTRUM Milesago ratings distribution

SPECTRUM Milesago reviews

Review by GruvanDahlman
4 stars Australian prog is not overly reviewed on PA. At least that is my conception. It may be wrong but I might be right. It seems, however, that Spectrum is not one of the most listened to bands on this site. Apart from a very precious few ratings and even fewer written reviews there seems to be little attention given to these proggers from Oz.

I bought myself this album as a christmas present back in 2009. The deluxe Aztec edition, I might add. Now, I am not reviewing that edition, though I strongly advise you to get a hold of it if you can. This review regards the original album as it appeared upon release in 1971.

The first thing to say about this album is that it is very raw and dirty, as far as the production is concerned. It is very heavy in parts, in no small part due to the excellent organ and guitar, of which both are very distorted. This fact makes me really enjoy the album. The rawness, alongside the quite impressive musical vision, gives the album an edge. I could compare it to a more progressive Deep Purple, circa 1970 - 1971. Overall, the musical ability is great. The vocals are heartfelt and gritty and the instrumentation is very well performed.

The songs ranges from rock'n'roll (But that's alright) to ballads (Love's my bag), hard rock (What the world needs now) to soaring progressive rock (Milesago) and all epic prog (The sideways saga). It is a great and somewhat eclectic collection of songs, which despite seeming sort of schizoid at first really merges together nicely.

My favorite track on the album has to be "What the world needs now". The track is driven by this unbelievable organ, distorted and played with such emotion. It starts off with this noise, made by the organ, resembling the noise made by the great Jon Lord on "Lazy" (from Made in Japan). It takes off and becomes this really outstanding song. If you are into organ, this is really a track to check out, as is the entire album.

As with any prog from any country, australian prog has it's own flavor and so has Spectrum. It is like a twisted form of british prog and I cannot point my finger at what it is. I do think, however, that in Spectrum's case it is a question of great musical vision, coupled with a psychedelic-progressive will, all mixed with a dose of "to hell with it all" and a sense of humour. It stands on it's own, majestically so. All in all, this album needs to be discovered by more people.

Send comments to GruvanDahlman (BETA) | Report this review (#1161166) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 14, 2014

5 stars By the time Milesago was recorded, Spectrum had already established their 'commercial' alter ego Indelible Murtceps, for which Mike Rudd was obliged to write simpler, more coherent songs. This sharpened his skills, and resulted in a much better material for Spectrum's second album. The first album w ... (read more)

Report this review (#722300) | Posted by sl75 | Wednesday, April 11, 2012 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I grew up with this album and have the warmest memories of it as being one of the few Australian Prog albums of the era, certainly in terms of mainstream availability. Very much in the blues-psych-prog style which quite a few Australian bands experimented with, Spectrum's songwriting, Mike Rud ... (read more)

Report this review (#232351) | Posted by porteri | Tuesday, August 18, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SPECTRUM "Milesago"