LULLABY FOR HEROES

Maze Of Time Lullaby for Heroes album cover

Buy MAZE OF TIME Music
Studio Album, released in 2008

1. Heroes... (2:19)
2. Lullaby for Heroes (7:00)
3. Station to Station (9:29)
4. Playgrounds (4:41)
5. Chemical Sleep, Part I & II (10:16)
6. The Great Cosmic Dream (5:12)
7. Do Androids (8:14)
8. Temple of the Gods (17:16)

Search MAZE OF TIME Lullaby for Heroes lyrics

- Jesper Landen / lead vocals
- Alex Jonsson / keyboards, backing vocals

Guest musician:
- Oskar Enerlund / backing vocals

Thanks to Dark_side_of_music for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

MAZE OF TIME MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MAZE OF TIME Lullaby for Heroes Music

Lullaby for HeroesLullaby for Heroes
CD Baby 2008

More places to buy MAZE OF TIME music online Buy MAZE OF TIME & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MAZE OF TIME DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MAZE OF TIME Lullaby for Heroes ratings distribution

MAZE OF TIME Lullaby for Heroes reviews

Review by progrules
4 stars A total new band to me and after hearing this album a few times I'm surprised this is in symphonic. I'm not starting a debate here but for those who count on a certain kind of music that goes along with a subgenre I will at least have to send out a sort of warning that the style on this album is somewhere in the triangle neo/symphonic/heavy prog with even a slight metal edge to it. Not at all a problem for me that this is a rougher edged album but for those who are more into the soft/mellow side of symphonic I feel this is essential information and they had better stay away from this release.

The album starts with a short opener called Heroes ... Nice tune but not too special. 3*.

Next is the title track, already showing a pretty heavy sound with this one. It's a very good song and to me this was promising for the rest of the album. 3,75*.

Station to station is slightly more mellow at least for the first few minutes. Later on turning into a more standard song in terms of heaviness. Not the best of the album to me, a bit unimpressive. Still 3,25*.

With the fourth track, Playgrounds, we have actually had the lesser half of the album. Also this one is a good song but no more. 3,5*.

Chemical Sleep, part 1&2 suddenly lifts the album to a very high level. I don't know if the band deliberately decided to let the album get better and better as it progresses but it's obvious to me. The guitar is in this song responsable for the increasing level. Great contributions ! 4,5*.

The Great Cosmic Dream is one of the shorter tracks but this one is high in impact and quality. Also here the guitar excells in a catchy song with interesting variation. 4,25*

Do Androids ? is a terrific song and is along with the epical closer the apogee of this release. It's in the same vein as Chemical Sleep but with even more impressive guitar. Especially the second half of the song is heaven for heavy proggers and prog metallists. 4,5*

With this epical closer Temple of the Gods the band is showing all they've got which is an amazing hell of a lot to me. This final track makes you leave the album with a very satisfied feeling, at least that's how it works on me. 4,75*.

Excellent follow up of the debut I have to check out at this point. Another jewel from Sweden Maze of Time appears to be. But as I said in the opening lines: this is no straightforward Symphonic prog like for instance Willowglass but much heavier. If you have no problem with that: check this one out because it's highly recommended ! Fans of Riverside, Magic Pie or The Flower Kings could be in for this one. Four stars easily.

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#214539) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 09, 2009

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars One of my first ventures into realms of modern prog music (the classical-like and accessible ones neo/symphonic ones, resembling what was important for me back then - to sound like well known bands from 70's - you know, everyone has to start somehow). Words said by Progrules are quite true, because this album is literally graduating. So it's not just him, it's also me. Unknown band that deserves more attention, even not completely experimental sounds, they're at least fresh and interesting. Tracks from worst intro (I don't like this track), to Lullaby For Heroes (interesting idea, de-myth-ization of fantasy) with strong melody theme combined with more clearly progressive parts (that graduates), over Station to Station with little bit annoying music (melody, sometimes - "We can go...") to last (and the best) pieces, including the ones of epical proportions. Pleasant, but sad case - forgotten (or not discovered yet)

4(+), fine example of current prog. Prog on in this way.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#259564) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Review by b_olariu
4 stars Maze of Time is quite unnoticed band in prog circles, they released so far 3 albums with their second one from 2008 named Lullaby for heroes being their best for sure. They are from Sweden and the music is close to neo prog with a metalize sound, but without being a prog metal band. I was really pleasent surprised by this second offer, I know this band for years since they release the firt album in 2005 and since then I was with an eye on their music. Somehow I forgot about this album and now is time for a review. From the start I want to point out that I was simply fascinated by the vocal arrangements, the voice of Jesper Landen is absolutly killer, such a great range , such powerful and fairly unique voice. The instrumental sections are very strong, tight musicianship, inventive ideas overall. The music as I said is towards neo but not in the vein of Marillion, IQ or other same names, is similar with let's say bands like Splinter, Knight Area, they incorporated some more edgy heavy prog elements in that neo atmosphere, the result is damn great. Pieces like Station to Station, superb vocal delivery, nice chorus and everything to be a good tune, Chemical Sleep, Part I & II is absolutly truly awesome, the guitar work , everything is top notch, The Great Cosmic Dream is another highlight. All in all very solid album, really really great, I never though I will like it so much. For me easy 4 stars, definetly their best from all three.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#1075823) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Post a review of MAZE OF TIME "Lullaby for Heroes"