LOVE ME DO

The Beatles Love Me Do album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1962

1. Love Me Do (2:23)
10. P. S. I Love You (2:05)

Search THE BEATLES Love Me Do lyrics

U.K. Chart Detail :
Entry Date : 11th October 1962
Highest Position : 17
Weeks in Chart : 18 Weeks

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Me Do Music

MINT/M- BEATLES 45~NO SUBSIDARY~CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU DO THAT~W/Sleeve~N S MUSIC USD $159.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
THE BEATLES VOL.2 BEST SERIES /LOVE ME DO JAPAN CD CA-5010 OBI RARE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 43m
The Beatles - 50th Anniversary Love Me Do - Withdrawn Version - Rare - NM USD $99.99 Buy It Now 3h 14m
1964 BEATLES ORIGINAL-Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That 45rpm Parlophone/ VG+ USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 32m
THE BEATLES p.s. I love you / love me do TOLLIE US ORIGINAL 7" 45 VG to VG+ USD $18.00 Buy It Now 4h 9m
The Beatles/Love Me Do & P.S. I Love You USD $3.74 Buy It Now 7h 9m
-LOVE ME DO LIMITED EDITION STAR SHAPED BLUE VINYL - BEATLES 7" 45-CD NEW USD $7.79 Buy It Now 7h 39m
THE BEATLES Love Me Do UK 7" picture disc Parlophone RP4949 1982 USD $21.90 Buy It Now 8h
The Beatles Love Me Do 1962 original press USD $7.57 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1962 RED PARLOPHONE 45 LOVE ME DO 1 G STAMPERS USD $454.95 Buy It Now 9h 45m
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1963 BLACK PARLOPHONE 45 LOVE ME DO SOLD IN UK TEXT USD $379.13 Buy It Now 9h 46m
THE BEATLES 1962 RED PARLOPHONE 45 LOVE ME DO JR DEMO STAMPERS RUSH RELEASE SL USD $1,061.55 Buy It Now 9h 48m
The Beatles progress, love me do book USD $4.55 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "LOVE ME DO" THE BEATLES PROGRESS 1964 FIRST ISSUE AWESOME CONDITION USD $50.03 Buy It Now 13h 13m
The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 1964 45rpm VG+ USD $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 22m
THE BEATLES "LOVE ME DO" THE BEATLES PROGRESS 1964 FIRST ISSUE PAPERBACK BOOK USD $19.70 Buy It Now 13h 49m
The Beatles - Love Me Do - Rare Mispressed Withdrawn 7" EU Vinyl 45 USD $21.99 [7 bids]
1962 POP WEEKLY MAGAZINE 1ST SERIES No14 BEATLES 1ST CHART ENTRY 'LOVE ME DO'. USD $4.55 [1 bids]
15h
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - ULTRA RARE ORIGINAL UK RED PARLOPHONE 7" NO MIGB USD $27.30 [0 bids]
beatles Love Me Do / PS I Love You USD $20.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES LOVE ME DO EMI/ODEON EAS-27005 Japanese Pressing OBI MONO Vinyl LP USD $5.13 [3 bids]
Beatles-VJ-103 EP -Love Me Do/Twist & Shout/There's A Place/P.S.I Love You USD $24.99 [0 bids]
Beat Rock Vinyl 7" 45 - The Beatles - Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You - Oldies 45 USD $16.95 Buy It Now 18h 31m
Beat Rock Vinyl 7" 45 - The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That - A USD $19.95 Buy It Now 19h 6m
BEATLES "LOVE ME DO" RED LABEL 1962 1st PRESS 7" RINGO DRUMS EX COND + EXTRAS USD $128.90 Buy It Now 19h 15m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO PS I LOVE YOU 7 INCH SINGLE PARLOPHONE RED LABEL USD $0.74 [0 bids]
The Beatles 7" Vinyl" Can't Buy Me Love" Lennon McCartney "You Can't Do That" USD $4.53 [0 bids]
Beat Rock Vinyl 7" 45 - The Beatles - Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You - Parlophone USD $14.95 Buy It Now 21h 5m
Beat Rock Vinyl 7" 45 - The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That - P USD $14.95 Buy It Now 21h 10m
1962 The Beatles - Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You (Parlophone) (R 4949) USD $9.08 [0 bids]
1964 The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That (Parlophone) (R 5114) USD $9.08 [0 bids]
45 w/PS The Beatles: Love Me Do (b/w P.S. I Love You) Original Tollie T-9008; M- USD $74.99 [0 bids]
4 Beatles 45 rpm records Love me do,Hard days night.Ob-la-di,lonely heart club USD $25.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That 7"vinyl w/t-shirt - BRAND NEW! USD $20.00 [1 bids]
The Beatles Love Me Do Greetings card with an original Beatles stamp (New) USD $5.29 Buy It Now 22h 58m
RARE The Beatles Introducing The Beatles VJ LP 1062 Love Me Do P.S. I Love You USD $21.50 [3 bids]
The Beatles Love Me Do 45 P.S. I Love You TOLLIE USD $1.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES Japan 1982 NM 12"+Obi LOVE ME DO USD $89.99 Buy It Now 23h 41m
The Beatles Love Me Do / P.S I Love You Tollie Box Yellow T-9008 EX+ TOP COPY! USD $10.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That EMI/ODEON JAPAN 45 PS Near Mint USD $25.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Mini CD3 Single "Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That" from 1989 USD $6.00 [0 bids]
beatles - love me do - oldies 151 - nm 45rpm 1965 ref#3670 USD $7.99 [1 bids]
Beatles, Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You 12 Inch Single 45 RPM Parlaphone EMI NM USD $7.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES CAN`T BUY ME LOVE YOU DO THAT USD $10.60 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO P S I LOVE YOU . USD $10.60 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES HITS PLEASE PLEASE ME LOVE ME DO USD $10.60 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles - Love Me Do / PS I Love You 12" 45rpm Mono Vinyl Single Rare 1982 USD $16.61 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES 1964 Capitol 45 CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT USA USD $19.50 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO / PS I LOVE YOU PS and Vinyl 45 USD $75.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES 1993 SILVER LABEL LOVE ME DO PROMO PRESS PACK USD $113.72 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES "Love Me Do" b/w "P.S. I Love You" RARE GREEN (Boxed) TOLLIE 9008 VG USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
10-MINUTE TEACHER THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO GUITAR DVD TUTORIAL LEARN TO PLAY USD $7.03 Buy It Now 1 day
Introducing The Beatles Version 1 Mono Love Me Do PS I Love You USD $75.00 [0 bids]
45 RPM Beatles OLDIES 45 151 Love Me Do USD $3.00 [0 bids]
45 RPM Beatles TOLLIE 9008 Love Me Do USD $3.25 [2 bids]
US TOLLIE WITH PICTURE SLEEVE-THE BEATLES-LOVE ME DO-VG+ / NR EX USD $12.12 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES.LOVE ME DO/P.S.I LOVE YOU.R4949.PICTURE DISC.VG... USD $9.86 [10 bids]
THE BEATLES.LOVE ME DO/P.S.I LOVE YOU.R4949.RED PARLOPHONE. PICTURE SLEEVE.VG... USD $1.52 [1 bids]
BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT Parlophone 5114 1N / 1N USD $17.44 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU 7" picture disc RP 4949 USD $30.33 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 1ST PRESS ZT 1N 1N STUNNING EXAMPLE FREE POST UK USD $69.76 [28 bids]
THE BEATLES "LOVE ME DO" THE BEATLES PROGRESS 1964 FIRST ISSUE PAPERBACK USD $27.28 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO / PS I LOVE YOU TOLLIE PS and Vinyl 45 USD $75.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You original 1964 TOLLIE T-9008 45 RPM USD $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles 45 Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That (Rock) NM+ USD $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles 45 Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That (Rock) NM USD $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Can't Buy Me Love b/w You Can't Do That - The Beatles 7" w/t-shirt - BRAND NEW! USD $49.50 Buy It Now 2 days
The BEATLES LOVE ME DO 1st Press ZT UK 45 Parlophone+Withdrawn 2012+Reissue RSD USD $189.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES "MINT" ANTHOLOGY 1 3X12" LP GATEFOLD LOVE ME DO 1 2 3 I II III USD $45.48 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That rare green vinyl 45 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - Love Me Do Limited Edition Apple Shaped Red Vinyl 9" 2013 Record USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You 45 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 45 USD $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - Love Me Do - Rare US 1992 Promo 7" w/Picture sleeve USD $56.10 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES - Love Me Do - UK 50th Anniversary Vinyl 7" Withdrawn Mispress /Recalled USD $122.84 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES CAPITOL5189 LOVE ME DO M- WPC $40.00 USD $40.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 45 on Orange CAPITOL label USD $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You 45 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES~LOVE ME DO~VG++~OLDIES 45~P.S. I LOVE YOU~~ POP 45 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles Love Me Do - 20th UK 7" vinyl single record R4949 PARLOPHONE 1982 RED USD $20.38 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Love Me Do & P.S. I Love You PICTURE SLEEVE ONLY excellent USD $99.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 2012 UK 45 RED PARLOPHONE LOVE ME DO MINT USD $75.81 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT "JUKEBOX" 45 CAPITOL MINT- USD $17.50 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES - LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU "JUKEBOX" 45 PURPLE LABEL UNPLAYED 1982 USD $19.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles LOVE ME DO WITH RINGO ON DRUMS PROMO 45 RPM WITH PROMO PS NM+! USD $23.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles Love me do Parlophone 45-R 4949 EX- red label USD $75.81 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL SHEET MUSIC LOVE ME DO ARDMORE & BEECHWOOD 1962 PARLOPHONE USD $27.28 [1 bids]
Beatles 45 "LOVE ME DO" Tollie T-9008 Yellow Label Black Print USD $30.00 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES.LOVE ME DO 20th ANNIVERSARY PICTURE DISC.1982 PARLOPHONE.UK.MINT USD $16.96 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That MONO Orange Capitol 45 RPM Vinyl USD $12.75 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles 45 Love Me Do TOLLIE USD $50.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles- Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You 7" Picture Disc ~Mint~ USD $45.00 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES - 2 PICTURE SLEEVE 7'' - LOVE ME DO, REISSUE & STRAWBERRY FIELDS FOREVER USD $23.43 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO & P.S. LOVE YOU RED SHAPED VINYL RECORD USD $28.49 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO SINGLE RECORD AUSTRALIA 45 RPM USD $10.16 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You (TOLLIE) USD $9.95 Buy It Now 3 days
THE LOVE ME DO S-THE BEATLES MOST FAVOURITE SONGS-CD (2) MUS/ZYX NEW USD $23.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES The Beatles' Hits 7" EP UK Parlophone label GEP8880 Love Me Do +3 USD $21.23 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles - 45 - You Can't Do That & Can't Buy Me Love USD $1.85 [4 bids]
BEATLES Love Me Do 7" Pic Disc B/w P.s. I Love You UK Parlophone 1982 USD $12.72 Buy It Now 3 days
LP a hard day's night
LP please please me
LP revolver
LP rubber soul
~ USD $21.78
LP sgt. pepper's lonely hearts club band
~ USD $21.78
LP the beatles (white album)
~ USD $27.23
LP with the beatles
LP yellow submarine
~ USD $18.30

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(13%)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do reviews

Review by J-Man
3 stars This was basically The Beatles' first hit. It's what would get them to be known as one of the most popular bands ever. When it first debuted in England, it was a moderate success, peaking at #19 on the charts. In America, however, it was a number one for the future prog band.

Love Me Do is a decent early 60's tune written by the great Lennon/McCartney partnership. It is influenced by blues, and has a good rhythm. The harmonica sounds good, and I like the bass. This song isn't great or anything like that, but it's obvious that these guys were different than what had come before them. This is obviously something that could form a new genre, which in those days, was rock. With that said, I don't think this song is a particularly good early Beatles' song, but it's not bad.

The B side, P.S. I Love You, is significantly better than Side A. It has really nice vocal harmonies from some of the best voices of all time. It is a ballad with some nice guitar chords.

If you're interested where The Beatles came from, this is a good song that almost everyone has heard. It certainly doesn't compare to Abbey Road, but it holds its own, and is some of the best music of the early 60's.

Review by Guillermo
3 stars The version of "Love Me Do" which originally appeared on the first pressings of this single has Ringo Starr on drums, but the song also was recorded by the band with a session drummer called Andy White and with Ringo Starr playing a tambourine. This second version with White on drums appears on the "Please Please Me" album and since 1963 it also appeared in the single version. The version with Ringo on drums was also released on the "Past Masters Volume One" compilation album in 1988, but the version with White appears on other compilation albums like "1" (2000). So, the main difference between the two versions is the absence or the presence of a tambourine played by Ringo. The B-side, "P.S. I Love You" was recorded with Andy White on drums and with Ringo on maracas. This happened because at the start of their recording sessions with producer George Martin he didn`t like Pete Best` s drums playing (as he participated in their first recording session with their new record label), and Matin said that to the other three Beatles.When the time came for another recording session, Pete Best wasn`t in the band anymore and Ringo was the new drummer with the band, but as Martin wasn`t very impressed with Ringo`s drum`s playing then, Martin called White to participate in the recordings. Anyway, the single version included Ringo`s drums playing at least in the first pressings, and Martin didn`t use a session drummer again for the next recording sessions.There also was a preliminary recorded version of "Love Me Do" with Pete Best on drums which was released in the "Anthology 1" album from 1995, which is very different in the drums playing and it shows why Best was replaced as drummer as his playing is not as good as Ringo`s, in my opinion. Anyway, both songs in this single are very early efforts as songwriters by Lennon and McCartney, in my opinion, both being very simple songs. But with both being songs composed by members of the band, it was a new approach in the recording industry as many bands and soloists then only recorded songs composed by outside "professional songwriters". So, this single and their firts album contributed to that change, I think.

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love Me Do"