LOVE ME DO

The Beatles Love Me Do album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1962

1. Love Me Do (2:23)
10. P. S. I Love You (2:05)

Search THE BEATLES Love Me Do lyrics

U.K. Chart Detail :
Entry Date : 11th October 1962
Highest Position : 17
Weeks in Chart : 18 Weeks

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Me Do Music

love me do / p.s. i love you 45 rpm singlelove me do / p.s. i love you 45 rpm single
PARLOPHONE
Vinyl$25.00 (used)
Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That (3Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That (3" CD)
Single
EMI Distribution
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO & P.S. LOVE YOU RED SHAPED VINYL RECORD USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 57m
The Beatles - Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You (TOLLIE) USD $7.46 Buy It Now 3h 47m
THE BEATLES The Beatles' Hits 7" EP UK Parlophone label GEP8880 Love Me Do +3 USD $21.70 Buy It Now 8h 8m
The Beatles'Most Favourite Songs-THE LOVE ME DO'S Beatles CD USD $30.14 Buy It Now 8h 14m
THE BEATLES, 'LOVE ME DO'1962 EARLY ISSUE VINYL 45 WITH IG & JR DEMO STAMPERS. USD $334.86 [12 bids]
The BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 45 USD $7.24 Buy It Now 8h 44m
Beatles - love me do, PS I love you - LP 12 inch! USD $15.49 Buy It Now 9h 19m
The Beatles: Love Me Do Ceramic Coffee / Tea Mini Mug - New & Official In Box USD $7.74 Buy It Now 11h 50m
The Beatles: Official Apple Corps Love Me Do Knee High Socks - New With Tag USD $12.40 Buy It Now 12h 35m
The Beatles 7" Color Picture disc-CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN DO THAT USD $65.00 Buy It Now 13h 4m
The Beatles 7" Color Picture disc-LOVE ME DO/P.S. LOVE YOU USD $65.00 Buy It Now 13h 5m
THE BEATLES "LOVE ME DO/P.S.I LOVE YOU" 1964 TOLLIE -9008 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 13h 19m
The Beatles Love Me Do P.S. I Love You 1982 Reissue CAPITOL VINYL 7" 45 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 13h 20m
The Beatles Picture Disc - Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You USD $24.95 Buy It Now 14h 16m
Beatles CD "LOVE ME DO" Parlophone ORIGINAL Recording - 3 Tracks USD $29.60 Buy It Now 14h 48m
THE BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT 45 1ST PRESSING 1964 USD $0.78 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO / PS I LOVE YOU TOLLIE PS and Vinyl 45 USD $70.00 Buy It Now 15h 19m
The Beatles PS I Love You & Love Me Do Scarce Tollie Release USD $12.00 Buy It Now 16h 17m
BEATLES LOVE ME DO ORIGINAL 1962 UK PARLOPHONE 45 CLIP 1N/1N USD $8.05 [2 bids]
BEATLES LOVE ME DO ORIGINAL UK PARLOPHONE 45 CLIP 1N/1N USD $34.11 [7 bids]
INTRODUCING BEATLES v.1 w P.S. I LOVE YOU & LOVE ME DO small lbl. oval VEE JAY USD $500.00 Buy It Now 17h
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love CAPITOL #5150 You Can't Do That USD $9.92 Buy It Now 17h 21m
The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love /You Can't Do That (MONO) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 18h 42m
The Beatles - Love Me Do 50th Anniversary 7" Single Withdrawn Version Rare USD $62.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles / Love Me Do / PS I Love You / 1964 Press / Play Tested /EX/NM USD $23.00 Buy It Now 18h 57m
The Beatles 7" Single - Love Me Do / P.S I Love You USD $15.50 [0 bids]
Beatles "Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That" 7 inch Picture Disc 1984 UK 45RPM USD $24.00 Buy It Now 19h 49m
Beatles - Love Me Do 7" Picture Disc USD $25.00 Buy It Now 20h 10m
Beatles 45 "LOVE ME DO" Tollie T-9008 Yellow Label Black Letters - EXCELLENT USD $60.00 Buy It Now 20h 56m
BEATLES Jukebox Green Vinyl Can't buy me love You can't do that USD $16.99 Buy It Now 21h
THE BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT 7" PICTURE DISC ! USD $24.95 Buy It Now 22h 50m
Beatles Love Me Do P.s. I love You 7" Picture Disc UK Issue USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles First Single - Love Me Do - P.S. I Love You USD $12.74 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That- '64 UK 7"/45 - Parlophone R5114 USD $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles I Saw Her Standing There Love Me Do EMI Lennon Mccartney Parlophone 45LP USD $18.16 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES - 10" HEART SHAPED SINGLE - LOVE ME DO - RED VINYL - NEW - Last Copy! USD $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES " LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU " 7" SINGLE 45-R 4949 NR MINT USD $4.64 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO OOP UK RED LABEL PARLOPHONE RE-ISSUE! USD $7.35 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE 7" 1964 WITH YOU CAN'T DO THAT UK USD $17.05 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO NR,MINT REPRESS USD $15.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That (Mono Starline) 45 RPM Vinyl USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles Love Me Do / P.S. I Love you (Oldies 45) 45 RPM Vinyl USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
10-MINUTE TEACHER THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO GUITAR DVD TUTORIAL LEARN TO PLAY USD $6.54 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 1988 45rpm VG++ USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock Nm! 45 The Beatles - You Can'T Do That / Can'T Buy Me Love On Starline USD $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU (1964) TOLLIE 7" 45 RPM USD $42.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles 45 Picture Disc "LOVE ME DO" UK Parlophone USD $29.60 Buy It Now 1 day
1962-63 THE BEATLES ~Love Me Do~ UK PARLOPHONE 454-R-4949 *ZT TAX CODE* USD $179.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES "LOVE ME DO/P.S. I LOVE YOU " CD3 W/LONG BOX IN SHRINK WRAP USD $25.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That ROCK 45 VG+/NM USD $11.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles - Oldies 151 - Love me do (VG+) USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles Rare PRESS KIT "LOVE ME DO" 1992 Capitol Records Press Kit USD $67.96 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love You Can't Do 7" 45 PARLOPHON ITALIAN QMSP 16361 = OBO USD $88.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles 45 "LOVE ME DO" Tollie T-9008 Yellow Label Black Print USD $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO & P.S. I LOVE YOU APPLE GREEN SHAPED VINYL RECORD MINT USD $30.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles 45 Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You ~ Tollie VG- to VG USD $8.49 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles You can't do that Can't buy me love CAPITOL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles CD Single ( 3 Inch Cd ) LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU USD $15.49 Buy It Now 2 days
THE LOVE ME DO S-THE BEATLES MOST FAVOURITE SONGS-CD2 MUS/ZYX NEW USD $25.09 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - LIMITED EDITION RED VINYL STAR SHAPE 7" SINGLE USD $18.59 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - LIMITED EDITION WHITE VINYL STAR SHAPE 7" SINGLE USD $18.59 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - LIMITED EDITION GREEN VINYL APPLE SHAPED 7" SINGLE USD $20.14 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles First Single-Love Me Do PS I Love You Beatles First Single-Love M Record USD $21.09 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 50th ANNIVERSARY MISS PRINTED CATALOGUE No.45- R 4714 USD $41.84 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 50th ANNIVERSARY MISS PRINTED CATALOGUE No.45- R 4714 USD $43.39 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES OFFICIAL MERCHANDISE LOVE ME DO SOCKS USD $6.98 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Love Me Do UK 2 track apple shaped green 7" vinyl NEW/SEALED USD $25.43 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Love Me Do Men's Socks Official Merchandise Size 7-11 UK USD $7.74 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Love Me Do Women's Knee-high Socks Official Merchandise Size 4-7 UK USD $9.29 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - Love Me Do - Rare US 1992 Promo 7" w/Picture sleeve USD $52.69 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES - Love Me Do - UK 50th Anniversary Vinyl 7" Withdrawn Mispress /Recalled USD $119.37 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES -CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT- RARE UK 7" SP 45 PARLOPHONE USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES: LIVE AT THE BBC [LOVE ME DO,CAN'T BUY ME LOVE,TICKET TO RIDE+]2 CD USD $12.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles, Can't Buy Me Love 45. Green Vinyl, You can't do that B side USD $13.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 'LOVE ME DO/PS I LOVE YOU' LIMITED EDITION PINK 7" ON 10" VINYL- NEW USD $18.59 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES "LOVE ME DO" / 'P.S. I LOVE YOU" 7" 45 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES love me do 12" Record SEALED PARLOPHONE 1962 IMPORT 12R 4949 USD $149.98 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES, "Love Me Do" and "P.S. I Love You", toll records USD $0.01 [0 bids]
The Beatles Love Me Do/PS I Love You Capitol B-5189 NEW - SEALED 1982 reissue USD $12.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES "LOVE ME DO/P.S. I LOVE YOU" CAPITOL WHITE LABEL PROMO 45 - NEVER PLAYED USD $22.95 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - Love Me Do - Deleted UK 2 track 3" CD in EMI blister pack USD $10.84 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 1960s 7" Vinyl 45RPM USD $5.41 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles, 2012, 20th ANNIVERSARY FOR BOTH LOVE ME DO SINGLES + EMI PAPERWORK USD $77.52 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES -(45)- LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU - TOLLIE RECORDS T-9008 - 1964 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles LOVE ME DO WITH RINGO ON DRUMS PROMO 45 RPM WITH PROMO PS NM+! USD $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES VOL.2 BEST SERIES /LOVE ME DO JAPAN CD CA-5010 OBI RARE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES ORIG 1962 RED PARLOPHONE 45 LOVE ME DO EX Z T TAX 1 O 1 T STAMPERS USD $116.26 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Love Me Do / PS I Love You 12" 45rpm Mono Vinyl 12r 4949 USD $61.24 [0 bids]
BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That | 45 rpm | 1964 | 1st UK PRESS USD $18.59 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles "Love Me Do" 50th Ann UK 2nd edition reissue 7" vinyl.mint USD $24.79 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES "LOVE ME DO" RED LABEL 1ST PRESS WITH JR DEMO STAMPS, "WOZT" TAX CODE USD $134.88 [9 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 7" USD $13.94 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO/P.S. I LOVE YOU 45 RPM 7"BLACK VINYL FOR JUKE BOXES ONLY USD $19.90 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES 7" PICTURE DISC"LOVE ME DO".1982 UK PRESS-100% FLAT FOR ONCE+PVC BAG USD $7.75 [0 bids]
Vintage Lot of The Beatles 45 Records (12) Love Me Do Help! Get Back Yesterday USD $20.00 [1 bids]
The Beatles- Love Me Do (VG+) USD $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles - 'Love Me Do' (12"x8") original print by Frett Campbell USD $9.29 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles Love Me Do CD single (CD5 / 5") UK CDRX4949 PARLOPHONE 1992 USD $31.73 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles 3" CD single (CD3) Love Me Do UK CD3R4949 PARLOPHONE 1988 USD $26.74 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles Love Me Do Red Square Band Iron Sew On Patch 100% Official NEW USD $4.57 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(13%)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do reviews

Review by J-Man
3 stars This was basically The Beatles' first hit. It's what would get them to be known as one of the most popular bands ever. When it first debuted in England, it was a moderate success, peaking at #19 on the charts. In America, however, it was a number one for the future prog band.

Love Me Do is a decent early 60's tune written by the great Lennon/McCartney partnership. It is influenced by blues, and has a good rhythm. The harmonica sounds good, and I like the bass. This song isn't great or anything like that, but it's obvious that these guys were different than what had come before them. This is obviously something that could form a new genre, which in those days, was rock. With that said, I don't think this song is a particularly good early Beatles' song, but it's not bad.

The B side, P.S. I Love You, is significantly better than Side A. It has really nice vocal harmonies from some of the best voices of all time. It is a ballad with some nice guitar chords.

If you're interested where The Beatles came from, this is a good song that almost everyone has heard. It certainly doesn't compare to Abbey Road, but it holds its own, and is some of the best music of the early 60's.

Review by Guillermo
3 stars The version of "Love Me Do" which originally appeared on the first pressings of this single has Ringo Starr on drums, but the song also was recorded by the band with a session drummer called Andy White and with Ringo Starr playing a tambourine. This second version with White on drums appears on the "Please Please Me" album and since 1963 it also appeared in the single version. The version with Ringo on drums was also released on the "Past Masters Volume One" compilation album in 1988, but the version with White appears on other compilation albums like "1" (2000). So, the main difference between the two versions is the absence or the presence of a tambourine played by Ringo. The B-side, "P.S. I Love You" was recorded with Andy White on drums and with Ringo on maracas. This happened because at the start of their recording sessions with producer George Martin he didn`t like Pete Best` s drums playing (as he participated in their first recording session with their new record label), and Matin said that to the other three Beatles.When the time came for another recording session, Pete Best wasn`t in the band anymore and Ringo was the new drummer with the band, but as Martin wasn`t very impressed with Ringo`s drum`s playing then, Martin called White to participate in the recordings. Anyway, the single version included Ringo`s drums playing at least in the first pressings, and Martin didn`t use a session drummer again for the next recording sessions.There also was a preliminary recorded version of "Love Me Do" with Pete Best on drums which was released in the "Anthology 1" album from 1995, which is very different in the drums playing and it shows why Best was replaced as drummer as his playing is not as good as Ringo`s, in my opinion. Anyway, both songs in this single are very early efforts as songwriters by Lennon and McCartney, in my opinion, both being very simple songs. But with both being songs composed by members of the band, it was a new approach in the recording industry as many bands and soloists then only recorded songs composed by outside "professional songwriters". So, this single and their firts album contributed to that change, I think.

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love Me Do"