LOVE ME DO

The Beatles Love Me Do album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1962

1. Love Me Do (2:23)
10. P. S. I Love You (2:05)

Search THE BEATLES Love Me Do lyrics

U.K. Chart Detail :
Entry Date : 11th October 1962
Highest Position : 17
Weeks in Chart : 18 Weeks

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Me Do Music

The Beatles - Beatles First Single: Love Me Do / PS I Love You [New Vinyl] Holla USD $16.42 Buy It Now 2h 24m
The Beatles - Beatles First Single: Love Me Do / PS I Love You [New Vinyl] Holla USD $18.32 Buy It Now 3h 8m
THE BEATLES 'LOVE ME DO " MAXI CD SINGLE USD $30.00 Buy It Now 3h 10m
THE BEATLES : LOVE ME DO & P.S. I LOVE YOU 45 RPM RECORD TOLLIE USD $9.80 Buy It Now 3h 28m
BEATLES Can'T Buy Me Love 7" Ps, B/W You Can'T Do That, R 5114 USD $7.89 Buy It Now 3h 36m
Beatles 7" PICTURE DISC 45 Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You 1983 UK ISSUE USD $24.98 Buy It Now 3h 46m
Beatles - Oldies 45 - ORIGINAL- Love Me Do - NM- (1) USD $15.00 [0 bids]
Beatles - Oldies 45 - ORIGINAL- Love Me Do - NM- USD $10.00 [0 bids]
Beatles - Oldies 45 - ORIGINAL- Love Me Do - NM- (2) USD $15.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES Love me Do Tollie Picture sleeve single USD $34.99 Buy It Now 7h 14m
The Beatles 7 Inch Picture Disc Vinyl Love Me Do USD $14.47 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love c/w You Can't Do That AR/400 7" JAPAN 45 USD $49.99 Buy It Now 15h 4m
The Beatles - All My Loving c/w Love Me Do OR/370 7" JAPAN RED VINYL 45 USD $79.99 Buy It Now 15h 4m
THE BEATLES ~ LOVE ME DO ~ CD3 SINGLE MINI CD 1988 LONG BOX USD $12.00 Buy It Now 16h
1964 ORIGINAL VINTAGE BEATLES USA TOLLIE 45 RECORD LOVE ME DO ~ RARE LABEL USD $30.00 Buy It Now 17h 7m
The Beatles-Love Me Do/P. S. I Love You Canadian Capitol 72076 VG++ Ringo 1964 USD $45.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That UK 7" in company sleeve EX USD $16.30 Buy It Now 17h 46m
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1964 USA TOLLIE 45 LOVE ME DO PICTURE SLEEVE USD $39.50 Buy It Now 17h 51m
BEATLES.CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT.UK ORIG "NCB 1ST P" 7" (1N/1N).VG+ USD $11.52 Buy It Now 20h 18m
The Beatles 7" SINGLE Parlophone MONO Love Me Do - 45 R4949 - in picture sleeve USD $4.61 [0 bids]
The Beatles Love Me Do & PS I Love You Tollie 45 Record & Picture Sleeve USD $119.99 Buy It Now 20h 48m
10-MINUTE TEACHER THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO GUITAR DVD TUTORIAL LEARN TO PLAY USD $9.40 Buy It Now 21h 4m
BEATLES Love Me Do DEMO 1st Original UK MINT REPLICA EMI ACETATE SINGLE 7INCH 45 USD $34.24 [5 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO PLATINUM DISC 7" SINGLE RECORD AWARD USD $79.01 Buy It Now 21h 53m
Beatles Love Me Do 7'' Vinyl Picture Disc Record USD $20.04 Buy It Now 22h 21m
the beatles - love me do original uk red label record 1962 rare KT tax code USD $74.48 [12 bids]
THE BEATLES 'LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU' 45-R 4949 PARLOPHONE RECORDS 1962 UK USD $34.24 [9 bids]
Beatles 1989 EMI Records 20th Anniversary 45 Picture Disc:Love Me Do PS I Love U USD $35.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Official The Beatles - Love Me Do - Sew On Patch USD $6.52 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES PS I Love You/Love Me Do 7" 45RPM TOLLIE RECORDS T-9008 USD $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
45 "Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You"-The Beatles w/Picture Sleeve-Tollie #9008 USD $180.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love VG+ copy UK 45 7" single +You Can't Do That USD $6.57 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO P.S. I LOVE YOU FANTASY 45 PICTURE SLEEVE USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles "Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You" Vinyl 45 Record Tollie 63-3188 USD $3.99 [0 bids]
Introducing... The Beatles, Vee Jay VJLP 1062, Love Me Do & P.S. I Love You USD $22.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That (45rpm,7",Capitol 5150) VG+ USD $14.14 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles Love Me Do UK Demo Promo RE EX 45-R 4949 US SELLER USD $27.00 [3 bids]
The Beatles Love Me Do - CD Compact Disc USD $20.46 Buy It Now 1 day
RARE SEALED LP INTRODUCING THE BEATLES SR1062 VEE-JAY ~ LOVE ME DO, OLDER REPRO USD $63.44 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love You Can't Do That 5150 114-3KK USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - 1964- CAN'T BUY ME LOVE - YOU CAN'T DO THAT - 7" SINGLE VINYL USD $2.48 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES, LOVE ME DO b/w P.S. I LOVE YOU, PARLOPHONE RP 4949 PICTURE DISC USD $16.46 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES . CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT . USD $7.89 [0 bids]
The Beatles 1964 Tollie T-9008 Love Me Do & P.S. I Love You 45 7'' RARE Monarch USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CANADA 1982 45RPM - THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - P.S I LOVE YOU - B-5189 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
USD $14.99 Buy It Now
EX/EX- !! The Beatles/Hits EP/1963 Parlophone Mono 7" Single/Love Me Do USD $19.74 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles ~ Love Me Do ~ EAS-27005 EMI Odeon Japan LP With Obi Mint ~ SEE Des. USD $150.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Rare The Beatles 1964 Tollie 45 "Love Me Do"/"PS I Love You" Rec and Pic Sleeve USD $50.00 Buy It Now 2 days
45 "Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That"-The Beatles-Capitol #5150 USD $37.10 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES + Love Me Do - 50th Anniversary Edition Single + NM + made in EU+ USD $14.98 [0 bids]
introducing the Beatles veejay sr 1062 jan 10 1964 release love me do nice USD $69.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ? CAN'T BUY ME LOVE ? YOU CAN'T DO THAT ? 1964 Capitol 5150 7" 45 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES 1992 LTD. RED VINYL JUKEBOX 45 LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU NEW STOCK NR USD $13.00 [6 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO P.S. I LOVE YOU PICTURE DISC USD $31.67 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles 45 Ltd. Ed. Picture Disc Can't Buy Me Love & You Can't Do That RP 5114 USD $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles 45 RPM Love Me Do & P.S. I Love You Black Vinyl Cema Capital 56785 USD $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles 45 Can't Buy Me Love & You Can't Do That Green Vinyl Cema Capital 17690 USD $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles ?- Love Me Do on Blue Star Shaped 7" Vinyl NEW USD $19.55 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles ?- Love Me Do on White Star Shaped 7" Vinyl Single NEW USD $14.85 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles ?- Love Me Do on Green Apple Shaped 7" Vinyl Single NEW USD $15.63 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - ?Love Me Do on Red Apple Shaped Vinyl 7" Single NEW USD $19.55 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 50th ANNIVERSARY MISS PRINTED CATALOGUE No.45- R 4714 USD $26.33 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That - 7" US Jukebox Green Vinyl USD $19.08 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Love Me Do EP 7" 45 Record USD $19.58 [0 bids]
The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That Starline X-6279 1981 VG+ USD $1.95 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - PARLOPHONE RED LABEL - RE ISSUE PICTURE BAG USD $1.30 [0 bids]
The Beatles Love Me Do / PS I Love You 45 RPM Tollie 1964 VG USD $0.95 [0 bids]
The Beatles Love Me Do / PS I Love You 45 RPM JUKEBOX ONLY Capitol 1992 VG+ USD $2.95 [0 bids]
7" 45 single The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That EX+/EX+ USD $7.89 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles 45 rpm from me to you thank you girl please please me love me do USD $1.30 [0 bids]
CD The Beatles Most Favourite Songs by the Love Me Do`s USD $5.93 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles * LOVE ME DO * BRITISH IMPORT 45 w/ PICTURE SLEEVE NM/VG+ MONO USD $19.95 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 50th ANNIVERSARY MISS PRINTED CATALOGUE No.45- R 4714 USD $31.59 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Love Me Do / P.S I Love You Original 1st Press 1962 7" Vinyl USD $256.82 [0 bids]
BEATLES TOLLIE 45 P.S. I LOVE YOU / LOVE ME DO SUPER CLEAN BEATLES USD $150.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles 45 RPM Love Me Do PB 5189 45021 Capital Stereo 1982 Lennon McCarthy Star USD $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU 20th ANNIVERSARY ISSUE PICTURE DISC ! USD $19.74 [0 bids]
BEATLES "CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT" 45 NEAR MINT ORANGE LABEL USD $6.75 Buy It Now 3 days
2 THE BEATLES 7" 45 RPM:LOVE ME DO/P.S. I LOVE YOU+MTR EP GET BACK/HEY BULL DOG USD $2.00 [1 bids]
The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 7" Vinyl Single UK 1964 R5114 USD $6.52 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES japanese CD Single Love Me Do & P.S. I Love You EMI Odeon Brand New USD $25.25 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Love Me Do / P.S I Love You 7" Vinyl Single R4949 Singles Collection USD $6.52 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO UK 7" 1ST PRESSING NO MADE IN GREAT BRITAIN 1962 USD $22.39 [3 bids]
THE BEATLES - Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You 12" singe UK 1982 Parlophone 12 R4949 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love-You Can't Do That Parlophone R5114 1st Press 1964 USD $5.25 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles . Love Me Do b/w P.S. I Love You . 1964 Tollie Records 45 rpm VG USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
LOVE ME DO Beatles Tollie BLUE WAX VINYL repro 45 E+ USD $27.00 [0 bids]
Beatles - Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You - Cassette Single - Dolby HX Pro 8 NR. USD $3.94 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "LOVE ME DO/P.S. I LOVE YOU" 7" PICTURE DISC USD $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You 45 Vinyl Capitol 72076 Canadian 1963 1st USD $23.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES love me do (PS) EX/EX uk 7" USD $24.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES "LOVE ME DO" USD $30.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles Love Me Do P.S. I Love You Picture Sleeve ONLY Tollie T9008 45 RPM USD $11.49 [3 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO THE BEATLES PROGRESS 1964 FIRST ISSUE AWESOME CONDITION USD $63.20 [0 bids]
BEATLES Love Me Do CAPITOL 45 USD $10.45 [2 bids]
The Beatles Love Me Do - 1N - EX UK 7" vinyl single USD $237.06 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles First Single Love Me Do Ps I Love You Beatles First Single Lo NEW sealed USD $42.31 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles Capitol '64 Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That 45 + RARE PICTURE SLEEVE USD $199.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES 1 : 27 No. 1 SINGLES CD LET IT BE LOVE ME DO HELP! GET BACK HEY JUDE USD $3.28 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES 26 HITS cd YESTERDAY yellow submarine HELP love me do 8 DAYS A WEEK girl USD $16.99 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE BEATLES Love Me Do ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(12%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(12%)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do reviews

Review by J-Man
3 stars This was basically The Beatles' first hit. It's what would get them to be known as one of the most popular bands ever. When it first debuted in England, it was a moderate success, peaking at #19 on the charts. In America, however, it was a number one for the future prog band.

Love Me Do is a decent early 60's tune written by the great Lennon/McCartney partnership. It is influenced by blues, and has a good rhythm. The harmonica sounds good, and I like the bass. This song isn't great or anything like that, but it's obvious that these guys were different than what had come before them. This is obviously something that could form a new genre, which in those days, was rock. With that said, I don't think this song is a particularly good early Beatles' song, but it's not bad.

The B side, P.S. I Love You, is significantly better than Side A. It has really nice vocal harmonies from some of the best voices of all time. It is a ballad with some nice guitar chords.

If you're interested where The Beatles came from, this is a good song that almost everyone has heard. It certainly doesn't compare to Abbey Road, but it holds its own, and is some of the best music of the early 60's.

Review by Guillermo
3 stars The version of "Love Me Do" which originally appeared on the first pressings of this single has Ringo Starr on drums, but the song also was recorded by the band with a session drummer called Andy White and with Ringo Starr playing a tambourine. This second version with White on drums appears on the "Please Please Me" album and since 1963 it also appeared in the single version. The version with Ringo on drums was also released on the "Past Masters Volume One" compilation album in 1988, but the version with White appears on other compilation albums like "1" (2000). So, the main difference between the two versions is the absence or the presence of a tambourine played by Ringo. The B-side, "P.S. I Love You" was recorded with Andy White on drums and with Ringo on maracas. This happened because at the start of their recording sessions with producer George Martin he didn`t like Pete Best` s drums playing (as he participated in their first recording session with their new record label), and Matin said that to the other three Beatles.When the time came for another recording session, Pete Best wasn`t in the band anymore and Ringo was the new drummer with the band, but as Martin wasn`t very impressed with Ringo`s drum`s playing then, Martin called White to participate in the recordings. Anyway, the single version included Ringo`s drums playing at least in the first pressings, and Martin didn`t use a session drummer again for the next recording sessions.There also was a preliminary recorded version of "Love Me Do" with Pete Best on drums which was released in the "Anthology 1" album from 1995, which is very different in the drums playing and it shows why Best was replaced as drummer as his playing is not as good as Ringo`s, in my opinion. Anyway, both songs in this single are very early efforts as songwriters by Lennon and McCartney, in my opinion, both being very simple songs. But with both being songs composed by members of the band, it was a new approach in the recording industry as many bands and soloists then only recorded songs composed by outside "professional songwriters". So, this single and their firts album contributed to that change, I think.

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love Me Do"