LOVE ME DO

The Beatles Love Me Do album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1962

1. Love Me Do (2:23)
10. P. S. I Love You (2:05)

Search THE BEATLES Love Me Do lyrics

U.K. Chart Detail :
Entry Date : 11th October 1962
Highest Position : 17
Weeks in Chart : 18 Weeks

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Me Do Music

The Beatles Heart Shaped Vinyl Love Me Do And Ps I Love You USD $19.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - LIMITED EDITION BLUE VINYL STAR SHAPE 7" SINGLE USD $15.45 [0 bids]
BEATLES Love Me Do reissue 1 PAGE PRESS RELEASE 1995 USD $12.82 Buy It Now 9h 22m
THE BEATLES 50TH ANNIVERSARY - LOVE ME DO LIMITED EDITION - WRONG B-SIDE NUMBER USD $23.39 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - 7" Single - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT - R5114 USD $9.01 Buy It Now 13h 2m
BEATLES~LOVE ME DO~P. S. I LOVE YOU~TOLLIE 9008~~ POP 45 USD $44.99 Buy It Now 13h 11m
The Beatles:1962-1966 2 x CD Inc. Help!,In My Life,Girl,Love Me Do,She Loves You USD $1.34 [2 bids]
The Beatles UK 45 RP 4949 Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You Picture Disc USD $19.90 Buy It Now 16h 48m
THE BEATLES The Beatles' Hits 7" EP UK Parlophone label GEP8880 Love Me Do Ex USD $19.32 Buy It Now 18h 59m
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That rare green vinyl 45 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 20h 43m
Beatles Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You 7" 45 T-9008 1964 DG USD $49.99 Buy It Now 21h 12m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO & P.S. I LOVE YOU PARLOPHONE RE-ISSUE MONO 45 MINT USD $17.59 Buy It Now 21h 43m
THE BEATLES "LOVE ME DO" POP OUT GREETING, CHRISTMAS CARD BLANK INSIDE SEALED USD $6.43 Buy It Now 21h 48m
BEATLES - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That - Parlophone - 1st PRESS - 1964 USD $2.58 [0 bids]
The Beatles Love Me Do 45rpm Label Test Sheet (Rare Original) USD $600.00 Buy It Now 22h 40m
The Beatles Music CD Parlophone Please Please Me Love Me Do Twist USD $12.00 Buy It Now 23h 32m
The Beatles "Love Me Do" 3 Inch CD Single 2 Songs ... Rare Collectible USD $11.97 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES 1962-1966 - 2 X GREATEST HITS CD SET - SHE LOVES YOU / LOVE ME DO + USD $6.17 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES Love Me Do - UK 7" Picture Disc - John Lennon George Harrison Beat USD $6.43 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Please Please Me - Greek Stereo LP - Beat Merseybeat Love Me Do USD $21.91 [6 bids]
RARE SEALED LP INTRODUCING THE BEATLES SR1062 VEE-JAY ~ LOVE ME DO, OLDER REPRO USD $79.17 Buy It Now 1 day
# ROLLING STONES KISS the beatles AC/DC guns n roses OFFICIAL RUBBER WRISTBAND USD $6.43 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES "LOVE ME DO"/P.S I LOVE YOU" VERY SCARCE 7" PICTURE DISC USD $29.58 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU 7" Capitol 72076 Canadian 1963 1st USD $75.00 [0 bids]
Beatles' First Single-Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You 87121770 (Vinyl Used Very Good) USD $12.98 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES " LOVE ME DO " 1962 RED LABEL PARLOPHONE & A BOOKLET 45-R 4949 - VG USD $7.73 [4 bids]
The Beatles - Beatles First Single: Love Me Do / PS I Love You [New Vinyl] Holla USD $14.98 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles - Beatles First Single: Love Me Do / PS I Love You [New Vinyl] Holla USD $27.10 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES 'LOVE ME DO " MAXI CD SINGLE USD $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Re 45 BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That Capitol 5150 strips/sleeve EX USD $1.99 [0 bids]
Beatles "Love Me Do b/w P.S. I Love You" 1964 Tollie, NM sleeve USD $125.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES Can'T Buy Me Love 7" Ps, B/W You Can'T Do That, R 5114 USD $7.72 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles 7" PICTURE DISC 45 Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You 1983 UK ISSUE USD $24.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Introducing THE BEATLES NMint* VEE JAY Love Me Do TWIST & SHOUT Saw Her Standing USD $15.55 Buy It Now 2 days
Vintage The Beatles 45 rpm 8 total,Yellow Submarine,Day Tripper,Love Me Do,Plus+ USD $10.00 [0 bids]
Love Me Do - The Beatles (1964) Radio Cart (Music Cartridge) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
1971 Beatles 12" LP NEAR MINT Apple/Capitol ST 2309 Love Me Do Twist Shout Anna USD $166.23 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles 45 - Tollie 9008 - Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You USD $6.99 [0 bids]
USD $12.99 Buy It Now
Beatles 45 - Capitol 72076 - Canada - Love Me Do / PS I Love You USD $35.00 [0 bids]
USD $70.00 Buy It Now
1964 ORIGINAL VINTAGE BEATLES USA TOLLIE 45 RECORD LOVE ME DO ~ RARE LABEL USD $27.00 Buy It Now 2 days
10-MINUTE TEACHER THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO GUITAR DVD TUTORIAL LEARN TO PLAY USD $9.49 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES: CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT (7") PARLOPHONE R5114 (1964) USD $0.84 [0 bids]
w SLEEVE The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 1964 45rpm VG+ USD $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That UK 7" in company sleeve EX USD $15.96 Buy It Now 2 days
1962 The BEATLES fully signed 'Love Me Do' 7" single John Lennon, Paul McCartney USD $12,881.56 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES.CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT.UK ORIG "NCB 1ST P" 7" (1N/1N).VG+ USD $11.28 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Love Me Do & PS I Love You Tollie 45 Record & Picture Sleeve USD $134.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO PLATINUM DISC 7" SINGLE RECORD AWARD USD $77.32 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles Love Me Do 7'' Vinyl Picture Disc Record USD $19.77 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Tollie 45 RPM 7" vinyl record Love Me Do / PS I Love You T-9008 USD $25.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES, CAN'T BUY ME LOVE, YOU CAN'T DO THAT, PICTURE DISC, EXCELLENT CONDI USD $20.61 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES, LOVE ME DO, P.S. I LOVE YOU, PICTURE DISC, EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $20.61 [0 bids]
TOLLIE- THE BEATLES- P.S. I LOVE YOU/LOVE ME DO USD $14.00 [0 bids]
45 "Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You"-The Beatles w/Picture Sleeve-Tollie #9008 USD $180.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles Love Me Do 7" Green Vinyl Apple shaped rare USD $19.32 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles 1989 EMI Records 20th Anniversary 45 Picture Disc:Love Me Do PS I Love U USD $35.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Official The Beatles - Love Me Do - Sew On Patch USD $6.38 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles Love Me Do - p/s 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) UK 12R4949 PARLOPHONE USD $37.31 Buy It Now 2 days
Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You [Single] by The Beatles (Vinyl, Jan-2012, Vinyl Passi USD $14.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love VG+ copy UK 45 7" single +You Can't Do That USD $6.43 Buy It Now 2 days
Love Me Do Beatles UK 7" vinyl picture disc single RP4949 PARLOPHONE 1982 USD $36.02 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO P.S. I LOVE YOU FANTASY 45 PICTURE SLEEVE USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES-Love Me Do & P.S. I Love You-Rare Black Thin Line 45-TOLLIE #9001 USD $69.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Introducing... The Beatles, Vee Jay VJLP 1062, Love Me Do & P.S. I Love You USD $22.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Love Me Do - 1N - EX UK 7" vinyl single USD $257.76 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles - Love Me Do Old repressing USD $12.64 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You 45 Vinyl Record for Juke Box S7-56785-B USD $24.95 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Love Me Do - CD Compact Disc USD $20.18 Buy It Now 3 days
Love Me Do - 1982 Beatles UK 7" vinyl single record R4949 PARLOPHONE 1982 USD $16.69 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles love me do/i saw her standing there 45RPM (Very Good Condition) USD $9.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Love Me Do - 50th Anniversary Edition Beatles 7" vinyl single record UK USD $36.01 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles cant buy me love/you cant do that 45RPM (Very Good Condition) USD $6.33 Buy It Now 3 days
Love Me Do - sealed Beatles CD single (CD5 / 5") UK CDRS4949 EMI 1992 USD $29.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Love Me Do - 30th Anniversary Final Vin... Beatles JPN 7" record USD $48.91 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles Love Me Do - 50 Great Beatles Moments UK book 978-1-78087-329-9 USD $21.25 Buy It Now 3 days
Love Me Do - Withdrawn Version Beatles 7" vinyl single record UK 45-R4949 USD $100.46 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES: PS I Love You / Love Me Do OLDIES USA 45 Scarce VG+ USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles Love Me Do rare version Japan eas 27005 M- 12" USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES, LOVE ME DO b/w P.S. I LOVE YOU, PARLOPHONE RP 4949 PICTURE DISC USD $16.11 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles * LOVE ME DO * BRITISH IMPORT 7" PICTURE DISC 45 RPM NM USD $19.95 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES 4 GREEN SLEEVED SINGLES, LOVE ME DO, HELP, YESTERDAY, CAN'T BUY ME LOVE USD $6.43 [0 bids]
EX/EX- !! The Beatles/Hits EP/1963 Parlophone Mono 7" Single/Love Me Do USD $19.32 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES LOVE ME DO WITHDRAWN SINGLE EMI DARK GREY TEXT USD $83.76 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles ~ Love Me Do ~ EAS-27005 EMI Odeon Japan LP With Obi Mint ~ SEE Des. USD $150.00 Buy It Now 3 days
"7"-The Beatles-Love Me Do~Rare Later Capitol Pressing USD $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Vintage 45 RPM The Beatles Love Me Do & PS I Love You 1964 T-9008 USD $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
45 "Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That"-The Beatles-Capitol #5150 USD $37.10 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles - Love Me Do - Set Of 2 - 7" Singles -2012 - Parlophone - UK USD $90.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles . Love Me Do b/w P.S. I Love You . 1964 Tollie Records 45 rpm VG USD $10.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES - Love Me Do - UK 50th Anniversary 7" Remastered/Original Single version USD $23.19 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO P.S. I LOVE YOU PICTURE DISC USD $35.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles ?- Love Me Do on Blue Star Shaped 7" Vinyl NEW USD $19.76 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 50th ANNIVERSARY MISS PRINTED CATALOGUE No.45- R 4714 USD $25.76 [0 bids]
The Beatles ?- Love Me Do on Green Apple Shaped 7" Vinyl Single NEW USD $15.80 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles - ?Love Me Do on Red Apple Shaped Vinyl 7" Single NEW USD $19.76 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES VOL.2 BEST SERIES /LOVE ME DO JAPAN CD CA-5010 OBI RARE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES GUMMY BAND: LOVE ME DO Official Merchandise NEW AND BAGGED USD $5.14 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES, CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT, PARLOPHONE, 7INCH 45RPM USD $2.56 [0 bids]
CD The Beatles Most Favourite Songs by the Love Me Do`s USD $5.89 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles * LOVE ME DO * BRITISH IMPORT 45 w/ PICTURE SLEEVE NM/VG+ MONO USD $19.95 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE BEATLES Love Me Do ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(6%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(12%)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do reviews

Review by J-Man
3 stars This was basically The Beatles' first hit. It's what would get them to be known as one of the most popular bands ever. When it first debuted in England, it was a moderate success, peaking at #19 on the charts. In America, however, it was a number one for the future prog band.

Love Me Do is a decent early 60's tune written by the great Lennon/McCartney partnership. It is influenced by blues, and has a good rhythm. The harmonica sounds good, and I like the bass. This song isn't great or anything like that, but it's obvious that these guys were different than what had come before them. This is obviously something that could form a new genre, which in those days, was rock. With that said, I don't think this song is a particularly good early Beatles' song, but it's not bad.

The B side, P.S. I Love You, is significantly better than Side A. It has really nice vocal harmonies from some of the best voices of all time. It is a ballad with some nice guitar chords.

If you're interested where The Beatles came from, this is a good song that almost everyone has heard. It certainly doesn't compare to Abbey Road, but it holds its own, and is some of the best music of the early 60's.

Review by Guillermo
3 stars The version of "Love Me Do" which originally appeared on the first pressings of this single has Ringo Starr on drums, but the song also was recorded by the band with a session drummer called Andy White and with Ringo Starr playing a tambourine. This second version with White on drums appears on the "Please Please Me" album and since 1963 it also appeared in the single version. The version with Ringo on drums was also released on the "Past Masters Volume One" compilation album in 1988, but the version with White appears on other compilation albums like "1" (2000). So, the main difference between the two versions is the absence or the presence of a tambourine played by Ringo. The B-side, "P.S. I Love You" was recorded with Andy White on drums and with Ringo on maracas. This happened because at the start of their recording sessions with producer George Martin he didn`t like Pete Best` s drums playing (as he participated in their first recording session with their new record label), and Matin said that to the other three Beatles.When the time came for another recording session, Pete Best wasn`t in the band anymore and Ringo was the new drummer with the band, but as Martin wasn`t very impressed with Ringo`s drum`s playing then, Martin called White to participate in the recordings. Anyway, the single version included Ringo`s drums playing at least in the first pressings, and Martin didn`t use a session drummer again for the next recording sessions.There also was a preliminary recorded version of "Love Me Do" with Pete Best on drums which was released in the "Anthology 1" album from 1995, which is very different in the drums playing and it shows why Best was replaced as drummer as his playing is not as good as Ringo`s, in my opinion. Anyway, both songs in this single are very early efforts as songwriters by Lennon and McCartney, in my opinion, both being very simple songs. But with both being songs composed by members of the band, it was a new approach in the recording industry as many bands and soloists then only recorded songs composed by outside "professional songwriters". So, this single and their firts album contributed to that change, I think.

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love Me Do"