LOVE ME DO

The Beatles Love Me Do album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1962

1. Love Me Do (2:23)
10. P. S. I Love You (2:05)

Search THE BEATLES Love Me Do lyrics

U.K. Chart Detail :
Entry Date : 11th October 1962
Highest Position : 17
Weeks in Chart : 18 Weeks

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Me Do Music

THE BEATLES 2 Lot UK IMPORT Picture Discs Love Me Do / Can't Buy Me Love NM/M- USD $12.00 [3 bids]
Introducing... The Beatles, Vee Jay VJLP 1062, Love Me Do & P.S. I Love You USD $22.00 Buy It Now 2h 44m
The Early Beatles 8 Track Tape "Love me do", "Twist & Shout", "Beethoven" USD $5.99 Buy It Now 5h 24m
THE BEATLES Love Me Do 2012 UK 2nd press vinyl 7" Ringo version NEW/UNPLAYED USD $20.43 Buy It Now 16h 16m
The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That - 7" US Green Vinyl 45 - New USD $16.34 Buy It Now 16h 22m
BEATLES "LOVE ME DO/P.S. I LOVE YOU" CAPITOL WHITE LABEL PROMO 45 - NEVER PLAYED USD $22.95 Buy It Now 19h 23m
Beatles MINT UNPLAYED UK RED LABEL LOVE ME DO 45/LIMITED ANNIVERSARY ISSUE/NICE! USD $9.99 [1 bids]
The Beatles 45 rpm Record'' Love Me Do''Canada Record'' USD $299.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 80'S PARLOPHONE RE IN PIC COVER EX+ VINYL USD $5.44 [1 bids]
The Beatles 7" Single Love me do UK Parlophone 1st press BEAUTIFUL COPY USD $102.20 [2 bids]
The Beatles Love Me Do [45rpm] (Vinyl, Parlophone UK Import) USD $5.05 [6 bids]
Beatles Love Me Do.Orig UK Parlophone red label 7inch 45 quality Mint- copy !! USD $126.72 [13 bids]
Beatles Love Me Do.Orig UK Parlophone red label 7inch 45 quality copy Ex plus USD $58.59 [5 bids]
The Beatles Love Me Do CD Clock with gift box USD $17.70 Buy It Now 23h 46m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 50th ANNIVERSARY MISS PRINTED CATALOGUE No.45- R 4714 USD $27.24 [0 bids]
The Beatles-Love Me Do (UK picture disc) Near Mint USD $22.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO P.S. I LOVE YOU PICTURE DISC USD $33.47 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES TOLLIE T-9008 P.S. I Love You b/w Love Me Do-- thick print Tollie logo USD $9.93 [0 bids]
BEATLES TOLLIE T-9008 P.S. I Love You b/w Love Me Do-- thin print Tollie logo USD $9.93 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - (4) 45 RPM LOT - MY BONNIE/SHE LOVES YOU/LOVE ME DO - VG,VG+,VG++ USD $7.99 [1 bids]
BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That UK 1984 7" picture disc edition BEAT USD $28.00 Buy It Now 1 day
10-MINUTE TEACHER THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO GUITAR DVD TUTORIAL LEARN TO PLAY USD $8.98 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That - Capitol 45 VG++ To NM- USD $4.49 [0 bids]
USD $8.49 Buy It Now
BEATLES Can't by me love/You can't do that 1964 UK USD $10.00 [0 bids]
USD $15.00 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT(CEMA SPECIAL MKT)CAPITOL S717690 USD $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Love Me Do [45rpm] (Vinyl, 2009 Parlophone Digitally Re - Mastered) USD $5.25 [5 bids]
THE BEATLES HITS EP - PARLOPHONE GEP 8880 - 1963 - PLEASE, PLEASE ME. LOVE ME DO USD $6.80 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES "NM" CAN`T BUY ME LOVE YOU CAN`T DO THAT USD $8.16 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles "Love Me Do" 50th Ann UK 2nd edition reissue 7" vinyl.mint4 USD $21.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Love Me Do - 50th Anniversary Edition Beatles 7" vinyl single record UK USD $38.07 Buy It Now 1 day
Love Me Do - Withdrawn Version Beatles UK 7" vinyl single record 45-R4949 USD $106.21 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Tollie 63-3188 45rpm Love Me Do Beachwood P.S I Love You 3189 T-9008 USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES EP FROM ME TO YOU/THANK YOU GIRL/PLEASE PLEASE ME/LOVE ME DO GEP8880 USD $4.76 [0 bids]
The Beatles Love Me Do/ P.S. I Love You 7" 45 Vinyl Record Single Tollie T-9008 USD $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 50th ANNIVERSARY MISS PRINTED CATALOGUE No.45- R 4714 USD $32.69 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES TOLLIE 45 P.S. I LOVE YOU / LOVE ME DO SUPER CLEAN BEATLES USD $135.00 Buy It Now 1 day
45 RARE ** THE BEATLES ON YELLOW TOLLIE LABEL** PS I LOVE YOU / LOVE ME DO USD $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles PVC Fridge Magnet (Love Me Do) Brand New USD $4.07 [0 bids]
Beatles A6 Notebook (Love Me Do) BRAND NEW USD $6.80 [0 bids]
the beatles love me do withdrawn 7" vinyl record 2012 50th andy white new unused USD $61.30 Buy It Now 2 days
1964 Original INTRODUCING THE BEATLES Vee-Jay 1st Version Mono w/ Love Me Do + USD $29.95 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO RARE SEALED CASSINGLE IN CARD SLEEVE! USD $22.48 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO ULTRA RARE SEALED CASSINGLE IN CARD SLEEVE! USD $22.48 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Love Me Do From the Album 20 Greatest Hits Capitol Records B-5189 USD $14.99 [0 bids]
USD $19.99 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES ~ Love Me Do ~ 12" Single PS MONO USD $29.96 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES japanese CD Single Love Me Do & P.S. I Love You EMI Odeon Brand New USD $25.25 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES 1962-1966 2 CD FAT BOX 26 TRACKS LOVE ME DO PLEASE PLEASE ME HELP! USD $10.61 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES Love Me Do 7" Red Label Design Reissue B/w Ps I Love You (r4949) Pic Sle USD $10.68 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES Love Me Do 7" Pic Disc B/w P.s. I Love You (rp4949) UK Parlophone 1982 USD $19.27 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES,CANT BUY ME LOVE,U CANT DO THAT,45RPM vinyl 7in single record JUKEBOX USD $7.12 [0 bids]
BEATLES,CANT BUY ME LOVE,U CANT DO THAT,45RPM vinyl 7in single record JUKEBOX USD $8.62 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 50th ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL EDITION CATALOGUE No.45- R 4714 USD $35.41 Buy It Now 2 days
THE Beatles 1CD hey jude love me do she loves you let it be help etc. 27 songs USD $6.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Love Me Do Beatles UK 7" vinyl picture disc single RP4949 PARLOPHONE 1982 USD $38.08 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles 7" vinyl single record Love Me Do - 1982 UK R4949 PARLOPHONE 1982 USD $17.65 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Please Please Me CD Classic 1963 Debut Love Me Do, Twist USD $3.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love Condition=VG+ UK 45 7" single +You Can't Do That USD $5.44 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - Love Me Do 1982 Picture Sleeve Parlophone 45rpm Record R4949 USD $25.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES "LOVE ME DO/P.S. I LOVE YOU" 7" PICTURE DISC USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles, Love Me Do, Capital B-5189, Picture Sleeve and Record Excellent USD $1.50 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES PICTURE DISC LOVE ME DO/PS I LOVE YOU 45 PARLOPHONE EMI AUSTRALIA USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES' HITS EP - FROM ME TO YOU/THANK YOU GIRL/PLEASE PLEASE ME/LOVE ME DO USD $8.16 Buy It Now 3 days
1964 BEATLES LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU boxed TOLLIE T 9008 45 7" USD $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles/ Love Me Do/ Capitol 7000 Series/ 1963/ Canada/ Ultra Rare 1st Press USD $247.96 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO TONIGHT ULTRA RARE CASSINGLE IN CARD SLEEVE! USD $18.73 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO ULTRA RARE SEALED USA LONGBOX CD USD $22.48 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES Love Me Do JAPAN 50th ANNIV 7" MISSPRESS R 4714 Euro Press NEW Sealed USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles/Apple Key Ring - Love Me Do - Metal. USD $6.80 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles'Most Favourite Songs-THE LOVE ME DO'S Beatles CD USD $28.46 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES_Love Me Do_I Saw HEr Standing_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS_H4c USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Love Me Do - 1964 45 0n Tollie USD $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES "CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT" 1964 CAPITOL 45 RPM USD $7.50 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - LIMITED EDITION BLUE VINYL STAR SHAPE 7" SINGLE USD $16.34 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - LIMITED EDITION RED VINYL STAR SHAPE 7" SINGLE USD $16.34 Buy It Now 3 days
LOVE ME DO-50 SONGS THAT SHAPED BEATLES 2 CD NEW+ USD $16.58 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO / PS I LOVE YOU TOLLIE PS and Vinyl 45 USD $61.75 Buy It Now 3 days
RARE BEATLES 12" SINGLE "LOVE ME DO" 1962 MONO. EXCELLENT + CONDITION. USD $20.44 Buy It Now 3 days
Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You [Single] by The Beatles (CD, Dec-2012, Wonderful... USD $15.38 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO, P.S. I LOVE YOU 7" 45 RPM RARE MAXI SINGLE USD $27.58 Buy It Now 3 days
RARE FRENCH SP THE BEATLES JUKEBOX ODEON SO 10108 LOVE ME DO USD $42.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES 7" PICTURE DISC - "LOVE ME DO" - 20th ANNIVERSERY 1982 - RP 4949 USD $6.13 [0 bids]
The BEATLES Love Me Do / PS I Love You TOLLIE T9008 Picture Sleeve USD $69.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You / Love Me Do UK CD Single Limited Digipak USD $29.74 Buy It Now 3 days
Love Me Do - 20th - EX Beatles 7" vinyl single record UK 45-R4949 PARLOPHONE USD $17.65 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles RARE Capitol 45 rpm LOVE ME DO NEAR MINT - MINT USD $100.00 [0 bids]
USD $130.00 Buy It Now
Beatles Starline 45 Record 1965 Love Me Do/ PS I Love you USD $12.99 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES 20th ANNIVERSARY SINGLES / LOVE ME DO / I FEEL FINE / PLEASE PLEASE USD $40.88 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES "LOVE ME DO c/w P.S. I LOVE YOU" 50th ANNIVERSARY LTD EDITION LISTEN! USD $16.34 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU 45 TOLLIE T 9008 45=FINE USD $60.00 Buy It Now 3 days
* *BEATLES UNPLAYED MINT PICTURE DISC: LOVE ME DO/PS I LOVE YOU: 1982 GEM 45!* * USD $18.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CHIPMUNKS Sing The Beatles Hits MISPRESS ISRAEL HEBREW Love Me Do Please Me LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles Love Me Do Maxi CD Single Very Good+ PS I Love You + orig version USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES Love Me Do / PS I Love You [45] Parlophone UK 2012 50th Anniversary USD $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles ?- Love Me Do, Rare Capitol Reissue! USD $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES "Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You" Tollie Picture Sleeve 45 USD $7.99 [2 bids]
Beatles/Love Me Do/P.S.I Love You/Pic Sleeve RARE45/promote "Beatles 20 Hits" LP USD $8.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Capitol 5150 The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That OG VG NoReserve USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO & P.S. I LOVE YOU PARLOPHONE RE-ISSUE MONO 45 MINT USD $18.00 [0 bids]
45 The BEATLES Love Me Do - P.S. I Love You TOLLIE T-9008 EB4598 USD $11.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES 'LOVE ME DO " MAXI CD SINGLE USD $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
LP please please me
LP revolver
LP rubber soul
~ USD $22.79
LP sgt. pepper's lonely hearts club band
LP with the beatles
LP yellow submarine
~ USD $19.15
More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(12%)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do reviews

Review by J-Man
3 stars This was basically The Beatles' first hit. It's what would get them to be known as one of the most popular bands ever. When it first debuted in England, it was a moderate success, peaking at #19 on the charts. In America, however, it was a number one for the future prog band.

Love Me Do is a decent early 60's tune written by the great Lennon/McCartney partnership. It is influenced by blues, and has a good rhythm. The harmonica sounds good, and I like the bass. This song isn't great or anything like that, but it's obvious that these guys were different than what had come before them. This is obviously something that could form a new genre, which in those days, was rock. With that said, I don't think this song is a particularly good early Beatles' song, but it's not bad.

The B side, P.S. I Love You, is significantly better than Side A. It has really nice vocal harmonies from some of the best voices of all time. It is a ballad with some nice guitar chords.

If you're interested where The Beatles came from, this is a good song that almost everyone has heard. It certainly doesn't compare to Abbey Road, but it holds its own, and is some of the best music of the early 60's.

Review by Guillermo
3 stars The version of "Love Me Do" which originally appeared on the first pressings of this single has Ringo Starr on drums, but the song also was recorded by the band with a session drummer called Andy White and with Ringo Starr playing a tambourine. This second version with White on drums appears on the "Please Please Me" album and since 1963 it also appeared in the single version. The version with Ringo on drums was also released on the "Past Masters Volume One" compilation album in 1988, but the version with White appears on other compilation albums like "1" (2000). So, the main difference between the two versions is the absence or the presence of a tambourine played by Ringo. The B-side, "P.S. I Love You" was recorded with Andy White on drums and with Ringo on maracas. This happened because at the start of their recording sessions with producer George Martin he didn`t like Pete Best` s drums playing (as he participated in their first recording session with their new record label), and Matin said that to the other three Beatles.When the time came for another recording session, Pete Best wasn`t in the band anymore and Ringo was the new drummer with the band, but as Martin wasn`t very impressed with Ringo`s drum`s playing then, Martin called White to participate in the recordings. Anyway, the single version included Ringo`s drums playing at least in the first pressings, and Martin didn`t use a session drummer again for the next recording sessions.There also was a preliminary recorded version of "Love Me Do" with Pete Best on drums which was released in the "Anthology 1" album from 1995, which is very different in the drums playing and it shows why Best was replaced as drummer as his playing is not as good as Ringo`s, in my opinion. Anyway, both songs in this single are very early efforts as songwriters by Lennon and McCartney, in my opinion, both being very simple songs. But with both being songs composed by members of the band, it was a new approach in the recording industry as many bands and soloists then only recorded songs composed by outside "professional songwriters". So, this single and their firts album contributed to that change, I think.

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love Me Do"