LOVE ME DO

The Beatles Love Me Do album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1962

1. Love Me Do (2:23)
10. P. S. I Love You (2:05)

- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals

U.K. Chart Detail :
Entry Date : 11th October 1962
Highest Position : 17
Weeks in Chart : 18 Weeks

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

Buy THE BEATLES Love Me Do Music

Love Me Do - 50th Anniversary Edition Beatles UK 7" vinyl single record USD $37.08 Buy It Now 2h 27m
LOVE ME DO/P.S. I LOVE YOU - THE BEATLES USD $39.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES TOLLIE EX T-9008 LOVE ME DO PICTURE SLEEVE W/EX VINYL 45 + BONUS SLEEVE USD $128.88 Buy It Now 2h 49m
BEATLES ALL MY LOVING / LOVE ME DO 45 7" APPLE JAPAN RED WAX AR-1094 USD $399.99 Buy It Now 3h 58m
The Beatles 12" LP NEAR MINT Apple/Capitol ST 2309 Love Me Do Twist Shout Anna USD $179.98 Buy It Now 4h
THE BEATLES 1988 UK 3 INCH CD SINGLE LOVE ME DO USD $26.53 Buy It Now 5h 10m
BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love & You Can't Do That 45 rpm 7" record BRAND NEW RARE USD $33.38 Buy It Now 7h 42m
THE BEATLES-Love me do-RARE 45 single-PARLOPHONE INDIA USD $149.00 Buy It Now 10h 10m
The Beatles - 1962-1966 (1993) 2CD Collection ft Love Me Do Yesterday Help! USD $13.27 Buy It Now 10h 14m
THE BEATLES GUMMY BAND: LOVE ME DO Official Merchandise NEW AND BAGGED USD $5.30 Buy It Now 14h 33m
Beatles Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You 45 Single USD $5.00 Buy It Now 16h 17m
THE BEATLES-45rpm-Love Me Do/PS I Love You-Tollie-Black/silver label T-9008 USD $8.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - 45rpm - Love Me Do/PS I Love You - Tollie - T9008 USD $10.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES-Love Me Do & P.S. I Love You-Rare Picture sleeve 45-TOLLIE MINT MINT USD $250.00 Buy It Now 18h 21m
Beatles frame sketching love me do USD $21.22 [0 bids]
10-MINUTE TEACHER THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO GUITAR DVD TUTORIAL LEARN TO PLAY USD $8.89 Buy It Now 20h 21m
THE BEATLES, LOVE ME DO, P.S. I LOVE YOU, PICTURE DISC, EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $21.22 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - 20 GREATEST HITS - Cassette TC PCTC 260 - RARE - LOVE ME DO etc USD $13.26 Buy It Now 20h 47m
BEATLES: Love Me Do / P.s. I Love You 45 (PS w/ slight cw, 1982 reissue, orange USD $8.00 Buy It Now 20h 52m
"THE BEATLES" (LOVE ME DO-P.S. I LOVE YOU) T-9008 BY TOLLIE RECORDS USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Beatles ORIG 1964 TOLLIE LOVE ME DO P.S. I LOVE YOU PICTURE SLEEVE PS + 45 VG NM USD $53.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles - 7" Single - Love Me Do -1982 - B-5189 - DJ COPY - Sleeve and record USD $24.56 Buy It Now 1 day
THE CONTOURS Do you love me Oriolle Motown northern soul 7" 45 SINGLE Beatles USD $25.21 [0 bids]
The Beatles / 2 CD: Michelle/ girl/ Love me do /Eleanor Rigby /Yesterday /HELP! USD $3.97 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Love Me Do/PS I Love You (MINT) 7" Picture Disc USD $33.16 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - Love Me Do(UK 2012 MISPRESS 7" VINYL SINGLE / MINT / R 4714 ERROR) USD $19.89 [0 bids]
BEATLES - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That - 7" 45RPM - CEMA GREEN VINYL USD $39.87 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles - Love Me Do - 7" Single - Custom Sleeve - UK - 2012 - NEW USD $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles CD "LOVE ME DO" Parlophone ORIGINAL Recording - 3 Tracks USD $29.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles 45 "LOVE ME DO" Tollie T-9008 Yellow Label THIN BLACK Print USD $79.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Various - Love Me Do - 50 Songs That Shaped The Beatles (CD) NEW/SEALED USD $5.97 Buy It Now 1 day
" THE BEATLES, INTRODUCING THE BEATLES,(VJ 1062) PS I LOVE YOU/LOVE ME DO USD $375.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 2012 50th ANNIVERSARY WITHDRAWN ANDY WHITE USD $6.62 [1 bids]
BEATLES "Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You" Rare GREEN BOX TOLLIE 9008 Strong VG USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO ORIGINAL 1962 UK 7" SINGLE PARLOPHONE RED 45-R 4949 RARE USD $11.28 [6 bids]
THE BEATLES,"Can't Buy Me Love"/"You Can't Do That" NEW 45rpm USD $12.98 Buy It Now 1 day
45 rpm Beatles vinyl Please Please Me, Love me Do etc Original Sleeve USD $3.19 [0 bids]
Beatles Love Me Do clean.Orig UK Parlophone red label 45 Excellent vinyl USD $11.28 [7 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU 20th ANNIVERSARY ISSUE PICTURE DISC ! USD $21.22 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO THE BEATLES PROGRESS 1964 FIRST ESITION LOVELY CONDITION USD $92.88 Buy It Now 1 day
beatles 45 tollie love me do t 9008 USD $10.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 'LOVE ME DO " MAXI CD SINGLE USD $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES - Love Me Do - UK 50th Anniversary 7" Remastered/Original Single version USD $6.62 [1 bids]
Beatles--Love me Do--Picture Sleeve----Red Label -45 USD $18.55 [0 bids]
Beatles Introducing The Beatles Ver. 1 Love Me Do P.S. I Love You Veejay Oval LP USD $200.00 [0 bids]
Beatles Love Me Do 3" CD single (CD3) UK CD3R4949 PARLOPHONE 1988 USD $29.85 Buy It Now 2 days
Love Me Do - 1st - G - MIGB Beatles 7" vinyl single record UK 45-R4949 USD $103.45 Buy It Now 2 days
Love Me Do-50 Songs That Shaped The Beatles 2-CD NEW SEALED Chuck Berry/Vipers+ USD $7.95 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles-Love Me Do/PS I Love-Vinyl 45 w/Picture Sleeve USD $40.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - vinyl 45 - Can't Buy Me Love / You can't Do That USD $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Ceramic "love me do" Mug Gift Boxed - Liverpool 60's pop culture. USD $6.62 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES / Boys - Love Me Do / ODEON DSOE 16.574 Pressing Spain 1964 EP G+ USD $60.00 Buy It Now 2 days
V/A Pop - Love Me Do - Songs That Shaped The Beatles [CD] USD $14.90 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Mini CD Love Me Do CD3 Single USD $8.50 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES-' "LOVE ME DO" 45-R-4949 RED LABEL TYPE B COVER ref WT-141 USD $99.53 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO PS I LOVE YOU HEART SHAPED RED COLORED VINYL VG+++ USD $10.50 [10 bids]
Vinyl LP Beatles Love Me Do Capitol Sampler Promo Only USD $9.75 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES--P.S. I LOVE YOU / LOVE ME DO--TOLLIE LABEL USD $1.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES Introducing.. STEREO LP VEE-JAY RE-1 Black Lbl. w/ LOVE ME DO Back Cover USD $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT 45 7" ODEON JAPAN BLACK WAX 400 yen USD $99.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1964 USA TOLLIE 45 LOVE ME DO RARE LABEL VARIATIO USD $26.53 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1964 USA TOLLIE 45 LOVE ME DO RARE LABEL VARIATION USD $26.53 Buy It Now 3 days
R 5114 The Beatles - You Cant Do That / Cant Buy Me Love - 1964 USD $13.27 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES 2012 UK 45 RED PARLOPHONE LOVE ME DO MINT USD $39.80 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles : Love Me Do CD USD $9.46 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You Parlophone 45 Record R 4949 1962 UK USD $7.99 [0 bids]
the beatles love me do picture disc 7" single USD $1.31 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES: CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT 1st PRESS PYE CONTRACT. VG++. USD $5.30 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 45 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Official Licensed Merch Woven Iron-on PATCH John Lennon THE BEATLES Love Me do USD $5.03 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles RARE 1992 " LOVE ME DO " RED VINYL-JUKE BOX ONLY 45 NEW USD $75.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles  Love Me Do 1980s re-issue UK 45 7" sgl +Pic Slv +P.S. I Love You USD $5.30 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You 7" Mint- B-5189 Capitol 1982 Vinyl 45 USD $10.50 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES~ P.S. I LOVE YOU~ LOVE ME DO~ VG+~ TOLLIE 9008~~ POP 45 USD $39.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES~ P.S. I LOVE YOU~ RARE~ SUBSIDIARY~ NEAR MINT~ 1982~ LOVE ME DO~~ POP 45 USD $74.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES: Love Me Do / P.s. I Love You 45 (wol) Rock & Pop USD $20.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1964 USA TOLLIE 45 LOVE ME DO PICTURE SLEEVE EXCELLENT USD $106.15 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You 7" 45RPM w/ Pic Sleeve TOLLIE 9008 USD $39.95 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 45 PICTURE SLEEVE 1982 NEW SEALED CAPITOL 20 GREATEST HIT USD $7.00 [0 bids]
USD $9.25 Buy It Now
The Beatles 45 single Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You-Oldies BMI Beachwood OL 151 USD $8.79 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles ?- Love Me Do on Red 7" Heart Shaped Vinyl Single NEW USD $7.42 Buy It Now 4 days
*<* SALE! BEATLES "TOLLIE-IN-A-BOX" label LOVE ME DO: CLEAN VG '64 1st press 45! USD $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You ? 1964 yellow Tollie 9008 label in box 45 USD $55.21 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 50th ANNIVERSARY MISS PRINTED CATALOGUE No.45- R 4714 USD $26.53 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1964 USA TOLLIE 45 LOVE ME DO PICTURE SLEEVE USD $39.80 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That R 5114 1stP UK 7" Parlophone USD $7.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Love Me Do - 50 Great Beatles Moments Beatles book UK 978-1-78087-329-9 USD $21.88 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles Love Me Do 7" vinyl picture disc single UK RP4949 PARLOPHONE 1982 USD $37.09 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles Love Me Do - p/s UK 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) 12R4949 PARLOPHONE USD $38.42 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO/P.S.I LOVE YOU -PARLOPHONE7INCH USD $10.60 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT - PARLOPHONE7INCH USD $7.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles Love Me Do - 1982 UK 7" vinyl single record R4949 PARLOPHONE 1982 USD $17.19 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles 'Love Me Do' : Mini Mugs USD $5.31 [0 bids]
BEATLES-THE EARLY BEATLES-TESTED 8 TRACK W/BOX-PLEASE PLEASE ME[LOVE ME DO-BOYS USD $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles 45rpm Record No Sleeve Love Me Do - P.S. I LOVE YOU Tollie'' USD $16.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Vintage Early 1960's The Beatles Single 45 Record "love me do" tollie label USD $9.99 [0 bids]
CD - The Beatles NEW 1 27 Tracks ( Love Me Do ) FAST SHIPPING ! USD $11.69 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES ORIG 1964 USA OLDIES 45 LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU USD $26.53 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles~CANT BUY ME LOVE~YOU CANT DO THAT~7" Vinyl~L/XL T-Shirt~Box Set~NEW! USD $37.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles "Love Me Do" 1982 Capitol 45rpm w/ Ps NM Cond.Store Stock Unplayed USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE BEATLES Love Me Do ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(17%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(11%)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do reviews

Review by J-Man
3 stars This was basically The Beatles' first hit. It's what would get them to be known as one of the most popular bands ever. When it first debuted in England, it was a moderate success, peaking at #19 on the charts. In America, however, it was a number one for the future prog band.

Love Me Do is a decent early 60's tune written by the great Lennon/McCartney partnership. It is influenced by blues, and has a good rhythm. The harmonica sounds good, and I like the bass. This song isn't great or anything like that, but it's obvious that these guys were different than what had come before them. This is obviously something that could form a new genre, which in those days, was rock. With that said, I don't think this song is a particularly good early Beatles' song, but it's not bad.

The B side, P.S. I Love You, is significantly better than Side A. It has really nice vocal harmonies from some of the best voices of all time. It is a ballad with some nice guitar chords.

If you're interested where The Beatles came from, this is a good song that almost everyone has heard. It certainly doesn't compare to Abbey Road, but it holds its own, and is some of the best music of the early 60's.

Review by Guillermo
3 stars The version of "Love Me Do" which originally appeared on the first pressings of this single has Ringo Starr on drums, but the song also was recorded by the band with a session drummer called Andy White and with Ringo Starr playing a tambourine. This second version with White on drums appears on the "Please Please Me" album and since 1963 it also appeared in the single version. The version with Ringo on drums was also released on the "Past Masters Volume One" compilation album in 1988, but the version with White appears on other compilation albums like "1" (2000). So, the main difference between the two versions is the absence or the presence of a tambourine played by Ringo. The B-side, "P.S. I Love You" was recorded with Andy White on drums and with Ringo on maracas. This happened because at the start of their recording sessions with producer George Martin he didn`t like Pete Best` s drums playing (as he participated in their first recording session with their new record label), and Matin said that to the other three Beatles.When the time came for another recording session, Pete Best wasn`t in the band anymore and Ringo was the new drummer with the band, but as Martin wasn`t very impressed with Ringo`s drum`s playing then, Martin called White to participate in the recordings. Anyway, the single version included Ringo`s drums playing at least in the first pressings, and Martin didn`t use a session drummer again for the next recording sessions.There also was a preliminary recorded version of "Love Me Do" with Pete Best on drums which was released in the "Anthology 1" album from 1995, which is very different in the drums playing and it shows why Best was replaced as drummer as his playing is not as good as Ringo`s, in my opinion. Anyway, both songs in this single are very early efforts as songwriters by Lennon and McCartney, in my opinion, both being very simple songs. But with both being songs composed by members of the band, it was a new approach in the recording industry as many bands and soloists then only recorded songs composed by outside "professional songwriters". So, this single and their firts album contributed to that change, I think.

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love Me Do"