LOVE ME DO

The Beatles Love Me Do album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1962

1. Love Me Do (2:23)
10. P. S. I Love You (2:05)

Search THE BEATLES Love Me Do lyrics

U.K. Chart Detail :
Entry Date : 11th October 1962
Highest Position : 17
Weeks in Chart : 18 Weeks

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Me Do Music

THE BEATLES Cant buy me love / You can't do that Parlophone R5114 Classic USD $13.36 Buy It Now 2h 29m
The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That - 7" Single USD $3.34 [0 bids]
The Beatles Love Me Do 7" Single Parlophone 1962 VG Condition.. USD $34.78 [10 bids]
The Beatles 45 RPM Record- Can't Buy Me Love/ You Can't Do That (Vinyl /Single) USD $19.95 Buy It Now 5h 2m
The Beatles Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You 7" 45 Vinyl Record T-9008 Tollie Thin USD $17.99 Buy It Now 6h 19m
Beatles Love Me Do P.S. I Love You Tollie Records T-9008 Original 45 Very Good USD $30.00 Buy It Now 7h 21m
BEATLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT = PYE CONTRACT PRESSING USD $18.06 Buy It Now 7h 47m
BEATLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT = NICE COPY USD $18.06 Buy It Now 7h 49m
Picture disc 7" ~ BEATLES "Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You" orig UK '82 MINT! USD $19.95 Buy It Now 7h 52m
BEATLES-CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT -1964 PARLOPHONE 7''45 USD $1.32 [0 bids]
BEATLES: Love Me Do / P.s. I Love You 45 (UK, 20th anniversary picture disc rei USD $20.00 Buy It Now 8h
THE BEATLES PS I Love You/Love Me Do 7" 45RPM TOLLIE RECORDS T-9008 USD $19.95 Buy It Now 8h 11m
The Beatles "Love Me Do" 7" Tollie T-9008 John Lennon Paul McCartney USD $34.99 Buy It Now 8h 26m
BEATLES cd3 "Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You" cd3 in long box STILL SEALED! USD $9.95 Buy It Now 8h 29m
BEATLES 45-W/PS "LOVE ME DO" / "P.S. I LOVE YOU" TOLLIE CLEAN VINYL! USD $50.00 Buy It Now 9h 22m
CAN'T BUY ME LOVE The Beatles YOU CAN'T DO THAT 7" Vinyl 45 rpm Capitol 5150 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
USD $12.99 Buy It Now
1964 BEATLES ORIGINAL-Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That 45rpm Parlophone/ VG+ USD $24.99 Buy It Now 13h 32m
BEATLES Japan 1982 NM 12"+Obi LOVE ME DO USD $89.99 Buy It Now 14h
The Beatles Hits for Kids Bingo Kids CD Yellow Submarine Penny Lane Love Me Do USD $38.00 Buy It Now 14h 9m
1 by The Beatles CD Penny Lane Yesterday Day Tripper Lady Madonna Love Me Do OOP USD $6.38 Buy It Now 14h 20m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU 20th ANNIVERSARY ISSUE PICTURE DISC ! USD $20.05 [0 bids]
BEATLES 45 RECORD & PICTURE SLEEVE ~ LOVE ME DO ~ P.S. I LOVE YOU Clean Vinyl! USD $0.01 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES + Love Me Do - 50th Anniversary Edition Single + NM + made in EU+ USD $13.98 [0 bids]
Beatles - 7" Single - Love Me Do -1982 - B-5189 - Sleeve and record USD $25.00 [0 bids]
Beatles - 7" Single - Love Me Do -1982 - B-5189 - DJ COPY - Sleeve and record USD $35.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles Love Me Do P.S. I Love You Tollie Records ?T-9008 Monarch Pressing USD $4.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1982 RED LABEL LOVE ME DO USD $20.05 Buy It Now 23h 59m
10-MINUTE TEACHER THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO GUITAR DVD TUTORIAL LEARN TO PLAY USD $9.01 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES 7" vinyl record CAN'T BUY ME LOVE you can't do that USD $14.70 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES, LOVE ME DO ,1982 REISSUE ON PARAPHONE R4949. USD $6.69 [0 bids]
45 RPM RECORD=NEW=BEATLES--LOVE ME DO/P.S. I LOVE YOU-PIC SLEEVE USD $20.00 [0 bids]
Beatles Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That UK 45 W/O PS Original Parlophone USD $31.49 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles 45 Love Me Do P.S. I Love You Tollie 45 Great Cover Condition Rare USD $99.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That - Parlophone - 1st PRESS - 1964 USD $2.68 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES, LOVE ME DO, P.S. I LOVE YOU, PICTURE DISC, EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $21.39 [0 bids]
Beatles Love Me Do clean.Orig UK Parlophone red label 7inch 45 v/g plus con USD $40.13 [14 bids]
BEATLES: Can't Buy Me Love/you Can't Do That 45 (Italy, PS, Can't Buy Me Love USD $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PLEASE PLEASE ME CD THE BEATLES CAPITOL 1987 TWIST & SHOUT LOVE ME DO GREAT COND USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES can't buy me love / you can't do that 7" AUSTRALIA press 1964 #A8113 USD $4.01 [1 bids]
BEATLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT - CAPITOL STARLINE 45 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
the beatles love me do withdrawn 7" vinyl record 2012 50th andy white new unused USD $106.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES REISSUE 45 "LOVE ME DO" B/W "P.S. I LOVE YOU" PARLOPHONE 4549 SEALED! USD $9.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES 45 CAPITOL CEMA JUKEBOXES ONLY "LOVE ME DO" BLACK VINYL USD $11.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES Tollie 45 T-9008 - Love Me Do - P.S. I Love You USD $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Love Me Do & PS I Love You Tollie 45 RPM Record & Picture Sleeve USD $47.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Love Me Do Beatles 7" vinyl picture disc single UK RP4949 PARLOPHONE 1982 USD $37.39 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - ANTHOLOGY 1 - 2 X CD SET - FREE AS A BIRD / MONEY / LOVE ME DO + USD $4.67 Buy It Now 1 day
the beatles love me do USD $16.72 Buy It Now 1 day
Can't Buy Me Love You Can't Do That UK 45 1963 vinyl R 5114 Beatles USD $11.27 Buy It Now 2 days
1963 Rock 45 - THE BEATLES "Love Me Do"/"P.S. I Love You" TOLLIE RECORDS #9008 USD $1.04 [2 bids]
The Beatles LOVE ME DO/P.S. I LOVE YOU 1992 RED VINYL 45 MINT/NEW USD $185.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles Love Me Do P.S. I Love You Capitol Purple Label (1988 Issue) OLD STOCK! USD $5.00 [0 bids]
USD $7.99 Buy It Now
Beatles Limited Edition 7" Vinyl Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That USD $50.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles 45 METAL STAMPER "LOVE ME DO" A-Side Tollie (Vee Jay) T-9008 - NM USD $2,987.50 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Love Me Do 1962 UK 1st RED PARLOPHONE R 4949 7XCE 17144/5 -1N USD $7.42 [9 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - 11 page special feature - Uncut Magazine January 2007 USD $1.32 [0 bids]
Lot- 5 BEATLES 45s ORIG Swan Tollie Apple IMPORT 1st Pres Love Me Do Hey Jude USD $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES cassette tape 20 GREATEST HITS love me do get back USD $16.05 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES 7" EU PD. LOVE ME DO. 7 RMM 1P 2013. USD $6.69 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - 1964- CAN'T BUY ME LOVE - YOU CAN'T DO THAT - 7" SINGLE VINYL USD $1.32 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES . CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT . USD $8.01 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU - UK 7" PARLOPHONE 45-R 4949 - EX- USD $12.03 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles 45 rpm From Me To You Thank You Girl Please Please me Love Me Do USD $1.32 [0 bids]
BEATLES *VG+* "LOVE ME DO (3 VERS w/ORIG SINGLE MIX" 1992 US CD MAXI-SINGLE USD $9.85 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 45rpm single 1964 Capitol 5150 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You - Parlophone 7" 1N/1N VG++ USD $125.00 [0 bids]
VINTAGE 1964 TOLLIE 45 RPM RECORD - THE BEATLES - P.S. I LOVE YOU - LOVE ME DO USD $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES * OLDIES 45 * Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You * 1960's * VG++/ NM ! Vinyl USD $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES <> UNPLAYED <> 1982 PROMO ONLY LOVE ME DO 7" VINYL SINGLE USD $10.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO/P.S. I LOVE YOU [SINGLE] NEW CD USD $8.41 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Love Me Do EP 7" 45 Record Rare Oz Only Press Full P/S USD $15.01 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - WITHDRAWN 7" VINYL 2012 (FT ANDY WHITE ON DRUMS) USD $53.44 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES Love Me Do DEMO 1st Original UK MINT REPLICA EMI ACETATE SINGLE 7INCH 45 USD $36.10 [2 bids]
The Beatles - Love Me Do - P.S. I Love You - rare 1992 jukebox only 7 inch vinyl USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES: P.S. I Love You / Love Me Do USA VEE JAY OLDIES Boot 45 NM- USD $12.00 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES Love Me Do CAPITOL Pic 1982 release USD $3.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO THE BEATLES PROGRESS 1964 FIRST ISSUE AWESOME CONDITION USD $70.88 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45 RPM LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU - USED TOLLIE RECORDS USD $54.50 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CANT DO THAT 1ST PRESSING 45 1964 USD $0.94 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO THE BEATLES PROGRESS 1964 FIRST ISSUE LOVELY CONDITION USD $93.62 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles 1 cut love me do on capitol promo in store sampler Mint- 12" lp USD $29.99 [0 bids]
1 by The Beatles CD 2000 Apple Capitol Love me do From Me to you She loves you USD $13.79 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES LOVE ME DO PARLOPHONE R4949 EXCELLENT CONDITION RARE LABEL VARIATION USD $160.51 [0 bids]
BEATLES love me do - EMBROIDERED - SEW/IRON ON PATCH official merchandise USD $5.34 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles' First Single - Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You [VINYL] The Beatles Vin USD $18.34 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles 45 Can't Buy Me Love/ Can't Do That 1964 Capitol 5150 USD $18.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES love me do 7" PICTURE Record 1962 UK vg USD $27.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles Love Me Do - 1st - VG 7" vinyl single record UK 45-R4949 PARLOPHONE USD $171.15 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Love Me Do NEW MINI CD IMPORT G.Manney Collection EMI USD $10.00 [0 bids]
Beatles Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You: Apple/Heart Shaped - Red/Green Vinyl Set USD $75.00 Buy It Now 3 days
* BEATLES love me do JAPAN 3 INCH Single CD USD $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Love Me Do - Ps I Love You (7") [12" VINYL] Beatles Vinyl USD $76.60 Buy It Now 3 days
* Beatles . Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That . Canadian . 45 USD $7.77 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You 7" 45 NM T-9008 1964 DG w/PS USD $149.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO ULTRA RARE SEALED CASSINGLE IN CARD SLEEVE! USD $22.53 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO RARE SEALED CASSINGLE IN CARD SLEEVE! USD $14.54 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles/ Love Me Do/ Parlophone/ 20th Anniversary Picture Disc USD $19.44 Buy It Now 3 days
Introducng THE BEATLES NMint VEE JAY Love Me Do TWIST AND SHOUT Misery CHAINS Lp USD $15.15 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Love Me Do Please Please Me From Me To You Lot Of Six 3" Singles CD USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES: LIVE AT THE BBC [LOVE ME DO,CAN'T BUY ME LOVE,TICKET TO RIDE+]2 CD USD $15.98 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE BEATLES Love Me Do ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(12%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(12%)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do reviews

Review by J-Man
3 stars This was basically The Beatles' first hit. It's what would get them to be known as one of the most popular bands ever. When it first debuted in England, it was a moderate success, peaking at #19 on the charts. In America, however, it was a number one for the future prog band.

Love Me Do is a decent early 60's tune written by the great Lennon/McCartney partnership. It is influenced by blues, and has a good rhythm. The harmonica sounds good, and I like the bass. This song isn't great or anything like that, but it's obvious that these guys were different than what had come before them. This is obviously something that could form a new genre, which in those days, was rock. With that said, I don't think this song is a particularly good early Beatles' song, but it's not bad.

The B side, P.S. I Love You, is significantly better than Side A. It has really nice vocal harmonies from some of the best voices of all time. It is a ballad with some nice guitar chords.

If you're interested where The Beatles came from, this is a good song that almost everyone has heard. It certainly doesn't compare to Abbey Road, but it holds its own, and is some of the best music of the early 60's.

Review by Guillermo
3 stars The version of "Love Me Do" which originally appeared on the first pressings of this single has Ringo Starr on drums, but the song also was recorded by the band with a session drummer called Andy White and with Ringo Starr playing a tambourine. This second version with White on drums appears on the "Please Please Me" album and since 1963 it also appeared in the single version. The version with Ringo on drums was also released on the "Past Masters Volume One" compilation album in 1988, but the version with White appears on other compilation albums like "1" (2000). So, the main difference between the two versions is the absence or the presence of a tambourine played by Ringo. The B-side, "P.S. I Love You" was recorded with Andy White on drums and with Ringo on maracas. This happened because at the start of their recording sessions with producer George Martin he didn`t like Pete Best` s drums playing (as he participated in their first recording session with their new record label), and Matin said that to the other three Beatles.When the time came for another recording session, Pete Best wasn`t in the band anymore and Ringo was the new drummer with the band, but as Martin wasn`t very impressed with Ringo`s drum`s playing then, Martin called White to participate in the recordings. Anyway, the single version included Ringo`s drums playing at least in the first pressings, and Martin didn`t use a session drummer again for the next recording sessions.There also was a preliminary recorded version of "Love Me Do" with Pete Best on drums which was released in the "Anthology 1" album from 1995, which is very different in the drums playing and it shows why Best was replaced as drummer as his playing is not as good as Ringo`s, in my opinion. Anyway, both songs in this single are very early efforts as songwriters by Lennon and McCartney, in my opinion, both being very simple songs. But with both being songs composed by members of the band, it was a new approach in the recording industry as many bands and soloists then only recorded songs composed by outside "professional songwriters". So, this single and their firts album contributed to that change, I think.

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love Me Do"