LOVE ME DO

The Beatles Love Me Do album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1962

1. Love Me Do (2:23)
10. P. S. I Love You (2:05)

Search THE BEATLES Love Me Do lyrics

U.K. Chart Detail :
Entry Date : 11th October 1962
Highest Position : 17
Weeks in Chart : 18 Weeks

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Me Do Music

THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO & P.S. I LOVE YOU PARLOPHONE RE-ISSUE MONO 45 MINT USD $18.00 [0 bids]
30m
Love Me Do - The Beatles Progress - Michael Braun USD $38.96 Buy It Now 1h 41m
Beatles Love Me Do - 50th Anniversary Edition 7" vinyl single record UK USD $36.29 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Beatles Love Me Do - Withdrawn Version UK 7" vinyl single record 45-R4949 USD $101.24 Buy It Now 2h 41m
45 The BEATLES Love Me Do - P.S. I Love You TOLLIE T-9008 EB4598 USD $11.99 Buy It Now 6h 39m
Beatles - Love Me Do Why Ps I Love You [CD New] USD $15.31 Buy It Now 8h 18m
The Beatles: Love Me Do Ceramic Coffee / Tea Mug - New & Official In Box USD $9.74 Buy It Now 10h
The Beatles Love Me Do P.S. I Love You Tollie Picture Sleeve & 7" 45 rpm T-9008 USD $54.99 Buy It Now 10h 53m
10-MINUTE TEACHER THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO GUITAR DVD TUTORIAL LEARN TO PLAY USD $9.17 Buy It Now 12h 35m
The Beatles "Love Me Do" 20th Anniversary re-release 1982 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
Beatles (Love Me Do) P.S. I Love You on Tollie Records T-9008 Pop Rock 45 rpm USD $13.95 Buy It Now 13h 19m
The Beatles Love Me Do / P.S I Love. You. Tollie Records. Picture sleeve 45 RPM USD $24.99 [2 bids]
BEATLES "LOVE ME DO/P.S. I LOVE YOU" CAPITOL WHITE LABEL PROMO 45 - NEVER PLAYED USD $22.95 Buy It Now 21h 9m
The Beatles/Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That U.S. Apple 7" 45 Record USD $8.00 Buy It Now 21h 52m
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - LIMITED 7" GREEN APPLE SHAPED RECORD - NEW / UNPLAYED USD $15.57 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO / PS I LOVE YOU TOLLIE PS and Vinyl 45 USD $59.95 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES - Love Me Do ~ 7" Single PS USD $24.01 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES *VG+* "LOVE ME DO (3 VERS w/ORIG SINGLE MIX" 1992 US CD MAXI-SINGLE USD $10.94 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES can't buy me love*you can't do that 1964 UK ORIOLE CONTRACT PRESSING USD $10.39 Buy It Now 1 day
45RPM Record - The Beatles 1964 'Can't buy me love/ You can't do that' USD $5.18 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles - "Love Me Do" & "P.S. I love You" (7" Vinyl, Capitol Records) USD $35.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 7" 45rpm BLACK VINYL USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES 'LOVE ME DO / PS I LOVE YOU' RE-ISSUE VINYL SINGLE PARLOPHONE 45-R 4949 USD $3.23 [0 bids]
BEATLES-CAN'T BUY ME LOVE /YOU CAN'T DO THAT VINYL SINGLE R 5114 1st Press Good- USD $4.55 [0 bids]
Beatles Love Me Do 3 Inch CD Single UK Mono USD $38.24 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES can't buy me love*you can't do that 1964 UK PARLOPHONE 45 USD $7.79 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles . Can't Buy Me Love b/w You Can't Do That . 1964 Capitol 45 rpm VG USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Love Me Do PICTURE DISC EX+/EX NICE AUDIO! RP4949 UK 7" USD $12.98 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES "CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT" 1964 CAPITOL 45 RPM USD $6.50 [0 bids]
USD $8.50 Buy It Now
The Beatles- UK Import - Can't Buy Me Love -You Can't Do That - ParlophoneR 5114 USD $50.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES Love Me Do [Stargrove] NEW & SEALED CD CANADA Walmart USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "LOVE ME DO" / "P.S. I LOVE YOU" 7" 45 USD $4.14 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles ?- Love Me Do Parlophone ?- 45-R 4949 UK Vinyl 7" Single 45 USD $9.03 [0 bids]
The Beatles 2 Tollie Records Twist & Shout PS I love you Love me do 9001 /T9008 USD $4.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES T TEE SHIRT MENS OR WOMENS XXL 16 HAMBURG 1962 LOVE ME DO USD $15.27 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES love me do - EMBROIDERED - SEW/IRON ON PATCH official IMPORT USD $6.48 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES love me do / p.s. i love you 7" VG+ T-9008 Tollie 1964 Record USD $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO EP 7" VINYL 45 PARLOPHONE UK MONO 8880 NM RARE USD $35.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 45 RPM Re-Issue Target USD $99.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Capitol 5150 The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 1964 7" 45 RPM USD $25.28 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES. LOVE ME DO. NEW ZEALAND USD $19.00 [0 bids]
Beatles/Apple Gummy Wristband with Love Me Do Logo (red) USD $5.20 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES PLEASE PLEASE ME REMASTERED STEREO 180g LP VINYL NEW LP LOVE ME DO USD $19.48 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 50th ANNIVERSARY MISS PRINTED CATALOGUE No.45- R 4714 USD $35.05 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Love Me Do (Star White-Shaped 9 " Vinyl 45rpm / Single ) 2 piece USD $23.97 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES "LOVE ME DO" RARE PROMO 45 & Sleeve - From "20 Greatest Hits" LP- Mint- USD $15.00 [0 bids]
Beatles,Love Me Do,(EAR-20221),Rare Japanese repress from 1977,7" USD $12.33 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO -RARE 2nd Press BLACK LABEL PARLOPHONE R-4949/1963 NM! USD $454.58 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - 45-R4949 FIRST PRESS - ZT TAX CODE - RARE ERROR LABEL USD $145.00 [0 bids]
USD $375.00 Buy It Now
The Beatles "Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You" Oldies 45 USD $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU (RE-ISSUE)PARLOPHONE R4949 USD $5.20 [0 bids]
1971 Beatles 12" LP NEAR MINT Apple/Capitol ST 2309 Love Me Do Twist Shout Anna USD $94.98 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Love Me Do, Please Please Me, Thank You... orig. 7" 45 rpm singles USD $18.49 [0 bids]
7" Single, The Beatles, Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That USD $1.56 [0 bids]
3 RARE-BEATLES 45's~CAN'T BUY ME LOVE~LOVE ME DO~I FEEL FINE~W/Sleeve's~MINT~LOT USD $6.05 [4 bids]
THE BEATLES "LOVE ME DO" THE BEATLES PROGRESS 1964 FIRST ISSUE GREAT CONDITION USD $45.45 [1 bids]
The Beatles 7" Love Me Do Vinyl 50th Anniversary Misprint 45-R 4714 Limited USD $24.89 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles . Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That . swirl Capitol 45 rpm USD $12.82 Buy It Now 2 days
the Beatles- Love Me Do/ P.S. I Love You. Fill in piece only USD $1.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles R&R 45 (CAPITOL 5150) Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That VG+ USD $10.95 [0 bids]
USD $14.24 Buy It Now
BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT 45 7" ODEON JAPAN BLACK WAX USD $33.74 Buy It Now 2 days
Ringo Starr "La De Da" / "Love Me Do" UK/EU (1998) Mercury Single CD The Beatles USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO PS ,+TOLLIE BLACK VINYL 45,V+++TO ABT M- USD $102.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES Love Me Do UK 7" in picture sleeve Parlophone R4949 1983 Ex+ USD $16.55 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES 'LOVE ME DO / PS I LOVE YOU' LTD ED PINK HEART SHAPED 7"/12" - NEW USD $14.27 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles- Love Me Do / PS I Love You - UK 7" Picture Disc RP4949 Good Condition USD $25.98 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES Love Me Do CASSETTE 2 Track In Card Slipcase B/W Ps I Love You USD $10.18 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That rare green vinyl 45 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES' HITS EP - FROM ME TO YOU/THANK YOU GIRL/PLEASE PLEASE ME/LOVE ME DO USD $6.48 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES CD SINGLE 3" SHE LOVES YOU LOVE ME DO HOLD YOUR HAND USD $24.99 [0 bids]
LOVE ME DO beatles patch USD $3.25 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Past Masters 2-disc CD Remastered NEW Love Me Do Day Tripper USD $22.91 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Love Me Do - Original UK Parlophone Red Label - Factory Sample USD $40.26 [7 bids]
The BEATLES love me do baby it's you EP Pic Sleeve RARE 1964 SPAIN odeon USD $8.50 [1 bids]
Rock 45 The Beatles - Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You On Tollie Records USD $3.00 [1 bids]
The Beatles ?- Love Me Do - Rare Red Parlaphone - nr mint condition - listen USD $233.78 Buy It Now 3 days
Rock 45 The Beatles - You Can'T Do That / Can'T Buy Me Love On Capitol USD $3.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES you can't do that / can't buy me love CAPITOL CANADA 45 USD $7.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles - P.S. I Love You/ Love Me Do - Black Label, Tollie in Silver Box USD $21.86 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES love me do 7" ODEON BLACK LABEL SOUTH AMERICA PERU USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Love Me Do - Pink Heart Shaped Vinyl - Limited To 500 - Brand New USD $10.38 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles Canadian Capitol 45 **RARE** Love Me Do" b/w "P.S. I Love You" USD $4.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles The Early Beatles LP 1965 MONO pressing Love Me Do USD $4.00 [0 bids]
USD $8.00 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO & P.S. I LOVE YOU APPLE RED SHAPED VINYL RECORD MINT USD $26.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles / Can't Buy Me Love & You Can't do That / 2009 45 w/ PS / MINT USD $63.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES First Single LP SEALED Love Me Do P.S. I Love You USD $26.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Love Me Do b/w P.S. I Love You 45 rpm with picture sleeve USD $19.95 [0 bids]
Beatles Love Me Do Framed Gold Disc Record Vinyl (C1) USD $90.90 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You Tollie 7" RPM 45 PS G+ USD $1.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles green colored vinyl 45 record Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That USD $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
(LOT OF 2) ? BEATLES 1964 TOLLIE 7"45 LOVE ME DO ? PS I LOVE YOU ? TWIST & SHOUT USD $8.99 [0 bids]
? THE BEATLES 7" 45 ? CAN'T BUY ME LOVE ? YOU CAN'T DO THAT 1964 Capitol 5150 USD $6.99 [0 bids]
USD $9.99 Buy It Now
The Beatles Love Me Do/PS I Love You (MINT) 7" Picture Disc USD $32.46 Buy It Now 4 days
'' LOVE ME DO '' THE BEATLES PROGRESS by MICHAEL BRAUN 1964 PB USD $64.94 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles - Love Me Do - Parlophone 12R 4949 - 12-inch Vinyl Record USD $12.98 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles - Love Me Do - 12R 4949 - 12-inch Vinyl Record USD $16.55 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles - Love Me Do 1982 Picture Sleeve Parlophone 45rpm Record R4949 USD $25.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles - Love Me Do - 7" - UK - 2012 - Parlophone USD $20.00 Buy It Now 4 days
60's The Beatles LOVE ME DO Capitol 45 rare Canadian pressing Ringo Starr drums USD $26.39 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Love Me Do - UK 1963 1st press Parlophone red label 7" single USD $64.93 [0 bids]

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(6%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(12%)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do reviews

Review by J-Man
3 stars This was basically The Beatles' first hit. It's what would get them to be known as one of the most popular bands ever. When it first debuted in England, it was a moderate success, peaking at #19 on the charts. In America, however, it was a number one for the future prog band.

Love Me Do is a decent early 60's tune written by the great Lennon/McCartney partnership. It is influenced by blues, and has a good rhythm. The harmonica sounds good, and I like the bass. This song isn't great or anything like that, but it's obvious that these guys were different than what had come before them. This is obviously something that could form a new genre, which in those days, was rock. With that said, I don't think this song is a particularly good early Beatles' song, but it's not bad.

The B side, P.S. I Love You, is significantly better than Side A. It has really nice vocal harmonies from some of the best voices of all time. It is a ballad with some nice guitar chords.

If you're interested where The Beatles came from, this is a good song that almost everyone has heard. It certainly doesn't compare to Abbey Road, but it holds its own, and is some of the best music of the early 60's.

Review by Guillermo
3 stars The version of "Love Me Do" which originally appeared on the first pressings of this single has Ringo Starr on drums, but the song also was recorded by the band with a session drummer called Andy White and with Ringo Starr playing a tambourine. This second version with White on drums appears on the "Please Please Me" album and since 1963 it also appeared in the single version. The version with Ringo on drums was also released on the "Past Masters Volume One" compilation album in 1988, but the version with White appears on other compilation albums like "1" (2000). So, the main difference between the two versions is the absence or the presence of a tambourine played by Ringo. The B-side, "P.S. I Love You" was recorded with Andy White on drums and with Ringo on maracas. This happened because at the start of their recording sessions with producer George Martin he didn`t like Pete Best` s drums playing (as he participated in their first recording session with their new record label), and Matin said that to the other three Beatles.When the time came for another recording session, Pete Best wasn`t in the band anymore and Ringo was the new drummer with the band, but as Martin wasn`t very impressed with Ringo`s drum`s playing then, Martin called White to participate in the recordings. Anyway, the single version included Ringo`s drums playing at least in the first pressings, and Martin didn`t use a session drummer again for the next recording sessions.There also was a preliminary recorded version of "Love Me Do" with Pete Best on drums which was released in the "Anthology 1" album from 1995, which is very different in the drums playing and it shows why Best was replaced as drummer as his playing is not as good as Ringo`s, in my opinion. Anyway, both songs in this single are very early efforts as songwriters by Lennon and McCartney, in my opinion, both being very simple songs. But with both being songs composed by members of the band, it was a new approach in the recording industry as many bands and soloists then only recorded songs composed by outside "professional songwriters". So, this single and their firts album contributed to that change, I think.

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love Me Do"