LOVE ME DO

The Beatles Love Me Do album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1962

1. Love Me Do (2:23)
10. P. S. I Love You (2:05)

Search THE BEATLES Love Me Do lyrics

U.K. Chart Detail :
Entry Date : 11th October 1962
Highest Position : 17
Weeks in Chart : 18 Weeks

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Me Do Music

THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - LIMITED EDITION WHITE VINYL STAR SHAPE 7" SINGLE USD $15.71 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - LIMITED EDITION BLUE VINYL STAR SHAPE 7" SINGLE USD $15.71 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - LIMITED EDITION RED VINYL STAR SHAPE 7" SINGLE USD $15.71 [0 bids]
The Beatles(7" Vinyl 1st Issue 2nd State)Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do-Ex/VG USD $26.72 Buy It Now 5h 59m
The Beatles(7" Vinyl 1st Issue)Can't Buy Me Love / You Can Do That-UK-Ex/Ex- USD $15.71 Buy It Now 5h 59m
The Beatles(7" Vinyl 1st Issue)Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That-UK-Ex/Ex+ USD $22.00 Buy It Now 5h 59m
The Beatles(7" Vinyl 1st Issue)Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That-UK-Ex/Ex USD $22.00 Buy It Now 5h 59m
Love Me Do Limited Edition Star Shaped Blue Vinyl-Beatles, The 7" 45 USD $15.65 Buy It Now 6h 14m
Love Me Do Limited Edition Star Shaped Red Vinyl-Beatles, The 7" 45 USD $15.65 Buy It Now 6h 14m
Love Me Do Limited Edition Star Shaped White Vinyl-Beatles, The 7" 45 USD $15.65 Buy It Now 6h 14m
Love Me Do Limited Edition Apple Shaped Red Vinyl-Beatles, The 7" 45 USD $15.65 Buy It Now 6h 14m
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1982 LIVERPOOL FLYER FOR 20TH ANNIVERSARY LOVE ME DO USD $78.61 Buy It Now 6h 26m
BEATLES EP PS Love Me Do Spain DSOE 16.574 very rare Spanish cover! USD $117.94 Buy It Now 7h 32m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO ORIGINAL 1962 PRESS 45-R 4949 USD $235.88 [0 bids]
Beatles reloved deluxe edition 2cd/ john lennon/paul mcartney/ love me do USD $30.00 Buy It Now 8h 43m
THE BEATLES Love Me Do P.S. I Love You Red Apple-Shaped IMPORT 500 NEW USD $23.39 Buy It Now 8h 44m
THE BEATLES Love Me Do P.S. I Love You White Star-Shaped IMPORT NEW USD $21.59 Buy It Now 9h 3m
THE BEATLES Love Me Do P.S. I Love You Blue Star-Shaped IMPORT NEW USD $21.59 Buy It Now 9h 6m
Beatles Vinyl 45 rpm Record Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You USD $7.50 [0 bids]
USD $10.00 Buy It Now
The Beatles US 45 Capitol PB-5189 DJ Promo LOVE ME DO / LOVE ME DO NM USD $8.99 [0 bids]
Beatles Love Me do US Tollie Records 7" USD $7.85 Buy It Now 10h 41m
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That UK 7" in company sleeve EX USD $31.43 Buy It Now 10h 41m
Beatles Love Me do US Tollie Records 7" USD $7.85 Buy It Now 10h 43m
THE BEATLES-LOVE ME DO-TOLLIE RECORDS T-9008-ORIGINAL VINTAGE USD $9.99 [0 bids]
45 RPM - 1964 THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - ON TOLLIE RECORDS USD $25.00 Buy It Now 12h 23m
The Beatles Love Me do and P.S.I Love You 45 RPM Record and cover USD $14.99 [0 bids]
USD $19.99 Buy It Now
BEATLES LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU 7" picture disc RP 4949 USD $31.45 Buy It Now 13h 33m
The Beatles: Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You [7" 45rpm] [Thin Bar Tollie T-9008] USD $16.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles Love Me Do & P.S. I Love You PICTURE SLEEVE ONLY near mint USD $99.99 [0 bids]
PHILIPPINES 7" THE BEATLES 45 RPM "LOVE ME DO" B/W "IT WONT BE LONG" RARE USD $29.99 Buy It Now 14h 41m
Beatles Love Me Do. Original 1962 UK Red label 45 .No MIGB wording statement USD $50.32 [7 bids]
Beatles "Love Me Do"/ "P.S I Love You"/Pic.Sl. and Vinyl/VG+ USD $39.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles 2 LP 1962-66 Apple Michelle/Help/Yesterday/Love Me Do VG++/M- USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Love Me Do cassingle EMI 1991 exc USD $2.83 Buy It Now 15h 40m
LOVE ME DO JAPAN The Beatles limited parlophone 7" vinyl 45 rpm USD $22.33 Buy It Now 17h 43m
Beatles 45's *I FEEL FINE*-* LOVE ME DO*. USD $6.50 [5 bids]
The Beatles 45 RPM Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You Tollie 9008 USD $16.99 [0 bids]
RARE Beatles Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That 45rpm(Parlophone/UK) 1964! USD $24.99 Buy It Now 19h 58m
THE BEATLES p.s. I love you / love me do TOLLIE US ORIGINAL 7" 45 VG to VG+ USD $18.90 Buy It Now 21h 18m
The Beatles/Love Me Do & P.S. I Love You USD $3.74 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES "LOVE ME DO" THE BEATLES PROGRESS 1964 FIRST ISSUE AWESOME CONDITION USD $51.88 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 1964 45rpm VG+ USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO Parlophone 45 1st pressing R4949 red label USD $15.71 [1 bids]
BEATLES - RARE 'LOVE ME DO' FABBRI EDITORI ITALIAN LIVE CD (MRL 008) - 23 SONGS USD $7.85 [0 bids]
The Beatles-Love Me Do (Mint 1982 reissue) USD $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The BEATLES a Framed Gold Disc for 'Love Me Do' Condition NEW ! USD $23.59 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES / LOVE ME DO - PS. I LOVE YOU (1962) RSD 2012 50 TH ANNIVERSARY 7" ! USD $16.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles-Love me Do/P.S. I Love You-Oldies 45 label-VG/1965 USD $24.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles - Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You Picture Sleeve & 45 rpm USD $4.99 [2 bids]
THE BEATLES - Love Me Do - Rare US 1992 Promo 7" w/Picture sleeve USD $55.02 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES - Love Me Do - UK 50th Anniversary Vinyl 7" Withdrawn Mispress /Recalled USD $129.72 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES-NEAR MINT Love Me Do 7" 45 RPM Picture Disc - RP 4949 Parlophone UK USD $22.95 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles CAN'T BUY ME LOVE-YOU CAN'T DO THAT Capitol 5150 Original Press USD $2.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES Japan 1982 NM 12"+Obi LOVE ME DO USD $89.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES Love Me Do JAPAN 50th ANNIV 7" MISSPRESS R 4714 Euro Press NEW Sealed USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
1962 THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO & P.S. I LOVE YOU EMI RECORDS 45 RECORD RP 4949 USD $4.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Outakes I - Vinyl LP TMOQ Long Tall Sally Love Me Do USD $49.95 [0 bids]
USD $69.95 Buy It Now
10-MINUTE TEACHER THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO GUITAR DVD TUTORIAL LEARN TO PLAY USD $7.67 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES-LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU 1964 TOLLIE RECORDS 7" 45 T-9008 VG-VG+ USD $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES : LOVE ME DO / PS I LOVE YOU: 2012: 50th ANNIVERSARY : MINT UNPLAYED USD $23.57 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES "Love Me Do" b/w "P.S. I Love You" RARE GREEN (Boxed) TOLLIE 9008 VG USD $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Love Me Do original Capitol Swirl 45 ULTRA RARE CANADA 1st PRESSING USD $79.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 45 UK 50TH ANNIVERSARY 2012 WITHDRAWNED 45 MINT USD $78.61 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT 45 7" ODEON JAPAN BLACK WAX RARE USD $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles-Love Me Do/PS I Love You-Tollie Picture Sleeve & Vinyl 45 USD $35.00 Buy It Now 2 days
the BEATLES Love Me Do P.S. I Love You TOLLIE Records PS picture sleeve 45 USD $35.00 [0 bids]
Beatles ORIG 1964 NM TOLLIE PICTURE SLEEVE/45 LOVE ME DO & JUKEBOX STRIP!! USD $99.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES "Love Me Do" PARLOPHONE Records 7" Single - 1960's Beat USD $9.44 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES "LOVE ME DO" THE BEATLES PROGRESS 1964 FIRST ISSUE PAPERBACK USD $28.29 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45 RECORD LOVE ME DO B/W PS I LOVE YOU PICTURE SLEEVE SINGLE USD $9.40 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO / PS I LOVE YOU PS and Vinyl 45 USD $75.00 Buy It Now 2 days
the Beatles Love Me Do yellow Tollie w/ green USD $47.00 [0 bids]
Beatles 45 Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That (Rock) NM+ USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles 45 Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That (Rock) NM USD $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
* BEATLES love me do JAPAN 3 INCH Single CD USD $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CHIPMUNKS Sing The Beatles Hits MISPRESS ISRAEL HEBREW Love Me Do Please Me LP USD $29.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - LIMITED EDITION GREEN VINYL APPLE SHAPED 7" SINGLE USD $18.85 [0 bids]
Beatles-love me do.7" picture disc USD $23.59 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES SINGLES COLLECTION 1962-70 - R4949 LOVE ME DO, P.S I LOVE YOU USD $15.71 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles book Love Me Do - 50 Great Beatles Moments UK 978-1-78087-329-9 USD $33.79 Buy It Now 3 days
7" BEATLES PICTURE DISCS LOVE ME DO RP 4949 USD $28.31 [0 bids]
UK 45 7" single +You Can't Do That Can't Buy Me Love by The Beatles USD $6.27 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles"Love Me Do&P.S. I Love You"Rare British Invasion 45 Tollie 9008 vtg USD $9.99 [0 bids]
USD $12.99 Buy It Now
BEATLES CAPITOL5189 LOVE ME DO M- WPC $40.00 USD $40.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles - Rare "Love Me Do" - 7" Picture Disc - Rock Melon Records - 2014 - UK - USD $20.43 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Love Me Do / PS. I Love You / Love Me Do - RARE UK CD Single 1992 USD $7.85 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES~LOVE ME DO~VG++~OLDIES 45~P.S. I LOVE YOU~~ POP 45 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES 2012 UK 45 RED PARLOPHONE LOVE ME DO MINT USD $78.61 Buy It Now 3 days
RARE EARLY BEATLES - LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU - 1964 YELLOW TOLLIE LABEL USD $2.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES "WORLD FIRST ADVERT FOR LOVE ME DO" within original pop mag USD $47.16 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES Love Me Do b/w P.S. I Love You Oldies OL-151 45 VG++ USD $14.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES! 1964 Orig 45 & Picture Sleeve On Tollie Love Me Do USD $15.50 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Please Please Me (1987) CD-Lennon/McCartney-Love Me Do USD $2.44 [3 bids]
BEATLES - COMPLETE SET SERIES 1 AND 2 + LOVE ME DO LIMITED COLORED VINYL MINT USD $795.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles Love Me Do,P.S. I Love You Parlophone R 4949 Mono Picture Slev Rare 45 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 50th ANNIVERSARY WITHDRAWN AND REPLACEMENT ISSUES MINT USD $75.46 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45 RPM RECORD # T 9008 TOLLIE PS I LOVE YOU / LOVE ME DO BEECHWOOD USD $19.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45 RPM RECORD GENERIC SLEEVE CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT USD $19.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles 7" Picture Disc - Love me Do/PS I Love You - RP 4949 USD $20.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You Star-Shaped BLUE Vinyl 45RPM Single USD $16.84 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(8%)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do reviews

Review by J-Man
3 stars This was basically The Beatles' first hit. It's what would get them to be known as one of the most popular bands ever. When it first debuted in England, it was a moderate success, peaking at #19 on the charts. In America, however, it was a number one for the future prog band.

Love Me Do is a decent early 60's tune written by the great Lennon/McCartney partnership. It is influenced by blues, and has a good rhythm. The harmonica sounds good, and I like the bass. This song isn't great or anything like that, but it's obvious that these guys were different than what had come before them. This is obviously something that could form a new genre, which in those days, was rock. With that said, I don't think this song is a particularly good early Beatles' song, but it's not bad.

The B side, P.S. I Love You, is significantly better than Side A. It has really nice vocal harmonies from some of the best voices of all time. It is a ballad with some nice guitar chords.

If you're interested where The Beatles came from, this is a good song that almost everyone has heard. It certainly doesn't compare to Abbey Road, but it holds its own, and is some of the best music of the early 60's.

Send comments to J-Man (BETA) | Report this review (#202218) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 09, 2009

Review by Guillermo
3 stars The version of "Love Me Do" which originally appeared on the first pressings of this single has Ringo Starr on drums, but the song also was recorded by the band with a session drummer called Andy White and with Ringo Starr playing a tambourine. This second version with White on drums appears on the "Please Please Me" album and since 1963 it also appeared in the single version. The version with Ringo on drums was also released on the "Past Masters Volume One" compilation album in 1988, but the version with White appears on other compilation albums like "1" (2000). So, the main difference between the two versions is the absence or the presence of a tambourine played by Ringo. The B-side, "P.S. I Love You" was recorded with Andy White on drums and with Ringo on maracas. This happened because at the start of their recording sessions with producer George Martin he didn`t like Pete Best` s drums playing (as he participated in their first recording session with their new record label), and Matin said that to the other three Beatles.When the time came for another recording session, Pete Best wasn`t in the band anymore and Ringo was the new drummer with the band, but as Martin wasn`t very impressed with Ringo`s drum`s playing then, Martin called White to participate in the recordings. Anyway, the single version included Ringo`s drums playing at least in the first pressings, and Martin didn`t use a session drummer again for the next recording sessions.There also was a preliminary recorded version of "Love Me Do" with Pete Best on drums which was released in the "Anthology 1" album from 1995, which is very different in the drums playing and it shows why Best was replaced as drummer as his playing is not as good as Ringo`s, in my opinion. Anyway, both songs in this single are very early efforts as songwriters by Lennon and McCartney, in my opinion, both being very simple songs. But with both being songs composed by members of the band, it was a new approach in the recording industry as many bands and soloists then only recorded songs composed by outside "professional songwriters". So, this single and their firts album contributed to that change, I think.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#1019866) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 17, 2013

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love Me Do"