LOVE ME DO

The Beatles Love Me Do album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1962

1. Love Me Do (2:23)
10. P. S. I Love You (2:05)

Search THE BEATLES Love Me Do lyrics

U.K. Chart Detail :
Entry Date : 11th October 1962
Highest Position : 17
Weeks in Chart : 18 Weeks

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Me Do Music

BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That 1964 Capitol 5150 VG+ HEAR BOTH! USD $3.50 [0 bids]
2h
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love 45 You Can't Do That Capitol 5150 USD $13.56 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Unique Beatles 78 RPM Record R4949 Parlophone Label LOVE ME DO Pressed in India USD $999.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES 45 - Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You, TOLLIE RECORDS, With Sleeve USD $20.15 [0 bids]
BEATLES Love Me Do 7" Reissue Green Pic Sleeve Design B/w Ps I Love You. Wear To USD $7.23 Buy It Now 6h 26m
BEATLES Love Me Do 7" Pic Disc B/w P.s. I Love You Faint Marks To Both Sides Of USD $10.63 Buy It Now 6h 27m
BEATLES Love Me Do 7" Reissue B/w Ps I Love You Pic Sleeve UK Parlophone USD $9.11 Buy It Now 6h 27m
Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That by The Beatles CASSETTE SINGLE! NEW! SEALED USD $14.77 Buy It Now 6h 34m
Beatles Picture Disk RP4949, "Love Me Do" and "PS I Love You" - Parlophone Label USD $25.00 Buy It Now 6h 42m
The Beatles Hits 7 Inch EP Single 1963 'From Me To You' 4 Songs Love Me Do USD $26.07 Buy It Now 7h 43m
The Beatles - Love Me Do 2 x 7" singles 50th USD $27.33 [5 bids]
Beatles Can't Buy Me Love /You Can't Do That Denmark 45 Original Pressing W/O PS USD $35.99 Buy It Now 8h 43m
The Beatles LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU repro Tollie picture sleeve USD $9.99 Buy It Now 10h
THE BEATLES- SUPER RARE LOVE ME DO 12 INCH VINYL!!!! USD $13.76 [0 bids]
10-MINUTE TEACHER THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO GUITAR DVD TUTORIAL LEARN TO PLAY USD $8.50 Buy It Now 17h 15m
THE BEATLES Love Me Do 7" RED PARLOPHONE LABEL USD $72.42 [0 bids]
Original The Beatles Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You TOLLIE 45 RPM 7" Vinyl VG- USD $3.25 Buy It Now 23h 32m
Beatles Love Me Do. Original 1962 red label 7inch 45 MIGB label wording.V/G PLUS USD $28.97 [6 bids]
Parlophone Red label love me do the Beatles zt1 7xce 17145 1n 1962 USD $13.76 [2 bids]
Rare limited edition Beatles Picture disc. Love me do 45rpm 7" single USD $10.86 [0 bids]
The Beatles Love Me Do USD $2.88 [0 bids]
The Beatles "Love Me Do/PS I Love You" 45rpm Tollie T-9008 Good+ USD $5.00 [0 bids]
USD $15.00 Buy It Now
The Beatles "Love Me Do/PS I Love You" 45rpm Tollie T-9008 Very Good USD $8.00 [0 bids]
USD $20.00 Buy It Now
USD $20.00 Buy It Now
BEATLES 45 PICTURE SLEEVE "CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT" CAPITOL 5150 USD $425.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles "Love Me Do / PS I Love You" 12" 45rpm Mono Vinyl Single 1982 USD $21.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles,Can't Buy Me Love,(R 5114),b/w You Can't Do That,Company Sleeve,7" USD $12.30 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You German 7" in picture sleeve Odeon 1976 USD $18.81 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES LOVE ME DO PS I LOVE YOU TOLLIE 9008.02B PICTURE SLEEVE LOWER GRADE USD $3.00 [1 bids]
BEATLES LOVE ME DO PS I LOVE YOU TOLLIE 9008.01 PICTURE SLEEVE USD $8.00 [6 bids]
BEATLES LOVE ME DO PS I LOVE YOU TOLLIE 9008.05 ALL BLACK LABEL USD $1.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES 7" Picture Disc 1962 Love Me Do Parlophone RP 4949 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles: You Can't Do That/Can't Buy Me Love 5150 Orange Label NEAR MINT USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 7" Single Record 1964 USD $4.71 [0 bids]
BEATLES - LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU RARE LIMITED RED VINYL UNPLAYED 1992 USD $119.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles 45 "Can't Buy Me Love"/"You Can't Do That" Parlophone A8113 (Australia) USD $34.95 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO & P.S. I LOVE YOU 7" SINGLE RECORD R 4949 1962 COPY USD $5.05 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO/P.S. I LOVE YOU UK 2013 RED HEART 10" VALENTINE SPECIAL USD $2.88 [0 bids]
BEATLES 45 LOVE ME DO CANADA CAPITOL 72076 USD $16.00 [5 bids]
THE BEATLES -Love Me Do- UK Picture disc with rare stickered PVC Sleeve USD $52.13 Buy It Now 1 day
9 VINTAGE BEATLES 45RPM RECORDS~Oldies 45/Capitol/Apple Labels~Love Me Do USD $19.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO ( BRAND NEW 8.5cm x 6cm IRON-ON PATCH ) USD $1.96 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles - Love Me Do - 50th Anniversary Reissue - 7" EU Vinyl 45 - New USD $15.92 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO & P.S. I LOVE YOU PARLOPHONE RE-ISSUE MONO 45 MINT USD $18.00 [0 bids]
3 BEATLES Records - Love me do - Hard Days Night - A Woman - 7" Capitol 72076 USD $33.57 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO 12" SG WITH RINGO ON DRUMS ORIG 1982 UK PRESS EX COND. USD $21.25 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES 2012 UK 45 RED PARLOPHONE LOVE ME DO MINT USD $43.44 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - 7" VINYL PICTURE DISC - EX USD $21.65 Buy It Now 2 days
Tollie Record Beatles Love Me Do /P.S. I Love You 45 no sleeve - SCT USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Love me do / P.S. I love you Parlophone RP 4949 Rare pic disc 7" USD $7.23 [0 bids]
Lot of 2 Beatles 45 7" singles - Love Me Do & She Loves You - Swan Tollie USD $3.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Love Me Do 5189 7" USD $18.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES love me do TOLLIE T-9008 orig 1964 45 VG+/EX USD $4.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES love me do TOLLIE T-9008 orig 1964 45 VG+/EX USD $4.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles-Love Me Do/PS I Love You-Tollie Records Vinyl 45 USD $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES-LOVE ME DO Greek ONLY PS 1964 1st PRESS 4 faces ROSES sleeve USD $74.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES-LOVE ME DO Greek ONLY PS 1964 1st PRESS 4 faces sleeve NM USD $130.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES USA 90s Capitol jukebox 7" 45 LOVE ME DO~PS I LOVE YOU, 30th Anniversary USD $27.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO, 7" VINYL PICTURE DISC, UK,1982, PARLOPHONE RP 4949, EX USD $20.21 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES Love Me Do - PS I Love You 7" UK 1962 1st Press RED PARLOPHONE 45-R 4949 USD $28.97 [19 bids]
Please Please Me by The Beatles (CD, Feb-1987, Capitol) Love me Do Twist USD $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
VARIOUS - LOVE ME DO: 50 SONGS THAT SHAPED THE BEATLES VARIOUS - LOVE ME DO: 50 USD $14.41 Buy It Now 2 days
Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You [Single] by The Beatles (CD, Dec-2012, Wonderful... USD $13.75 Buy It Now 2 days
Vinyl LP Beatles Love Me Do Capitol Sampler Promo Only USD $75.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles You Can't Do That b/w Can't Buy Me Love 7 inch 45 RPM USD $54.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles...Love me do/PS I love You...picture disc..nice USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles "Love Me Do" On Parlophone. RP4949. Picture Disc. 1992. UK. USD $6.98 [1 bids]
The BEATLES -- Can't buy me love / You can't do -- 45 RPM 2 sided PICTURE DISC USD $13.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles 45 CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT ~ VG to VG+ USD $4.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES: Love Me Do / P.s. I Love You 45 (star shaped, red vinyl) Rock USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Love Me Do Picture Sleeve 45 Near Mint 1982 Near Mint 7" USD $8.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES Love Me Do/PS I Love You 7"UK 1st Press Parl.Red Label 45-R4949 ZT1 RARE USD $12.31 [7 bids]
THE BEATLES 7" vinyl record CAN'T BUY ME LOVE you can't do that USD $15.92 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - Love Me Do 7" Vinyl Single USD $8.68 [0 bids]
The Beatles Umbrella: Love Me Do Red with Nylon sleeve Official Merchandise USD $24.61 Buy It Now 3 days
45 rpm Single Record The Beatles Love Me Do / PS. I love you Tollie Label USD $12.13 [10 bids]
BEATLES "Red WAX" LOVE ME DO OR1094 EP ws0200 USD $8.49 [2 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 50th ANNIVERSARY MISS PRINTED CATALOGUE No.45- R 4714 USD $28.95 [0 bids]
Beatles - Love Me Do - 30th Anniversary White Label Promotional Single - mint USD $20.00 [0 bids]
Beatles - Love Me Do CD single - factory sealed/mint USD $25.00 [0 bids]
Beatles Love Me Do 7" single WITHDRAWN version from 2012 50th anniversary NEW USD $65.16 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Love Me Do Rare Withdrawn 45 + Reissue 45 Both Mint USD $57.92 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES.7"YOU CANT DO THAT/CANT BUY ME LOVE.VG +;UK 1964;ORIG USD $7.97 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You - Apple/Heart : Red/Green Vinyl Set USD $75.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES # 151 OLDIES LABEL - LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU USD $2.99 [0 bids]
RARE 1982 BEATLES Picture Disc Love Me Do I Love You EMI RP 4949 UK Parlophone USD $99.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES ALL MY LOVING / LOVE ME DO 45 7" JAPAN ORIGINAL ODEON RED WAX USD $47.99 Buy It Now 3 days
(#24) 45 rpm / THE BEATLES . Canada Issue - Love Me Do & P.S. I Love You USD $249.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles 45 rpm Record TOLLIE 9008 P. S. I Love You Love Me Do USD $3.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO RARE 12" 45 RPM MONO GREAT CONDITION , Played Once. MINT USD $60.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Jukebox 45 Capitol Can't Buy Me Love You Can't Do That Green Vinyl USD $6.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Love Me Do 45 Parlophone RP-4949 UK 1982 M SEALED PIC DISC USD $23.98 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles 45 Record & Picture Sleeve TOLLIE 9008 Love Me Do P.S. I Love You USD $6.99 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO : EX++ 7" REISSUE VINYL SINGLE - R 4949 - PLAYS GREAT!! USD $21.71 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES 7" PICTURE DISC - "LOVE ME DO" & "P.S. I LOVE YOU" -RP 4949 EX USD $10.86 [0 bids]
The Beatles-Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That-45rpm-1971-VG- USD $2.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CD - The Beatles NEW 1 27 Tracks ( Love Me Do ) FAST SHIPPING ! USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
LOT OF 9 BEATLES 45s [LOVE ME DO HELTER SKELTER MORE] CAPITOL OLDIES APPLE ^ USD $9.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT Parlophone 5114 1N / 1N USD $16.66 Buy It Now 4 days
Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You - The Beatles 7" picture vinyl USD $11.59 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(13%)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do reviews

Review by J-Man
3 stars This was basically The Beatles' first hit. It's what would get them to be known as one of the most popular bands ever. When it first debuted in England, it was a moderate success, peaking at #19 on the charts. In America, however, it was a number one for the future prog band.

Love Me Do is a decent early 60's tune written by the great Lennon/McCartney partnership. It is influenced by blues, and has a good rhythm. The harmonica sounds good, and I like the bass. This song isn't great or anything like that, but it's obvious that these guys were different than what had come before them. This is obviously something that could form a new genre, which in those days, was rock. With that said, I don't think this song is a particularly good early Beatles' song, but it's not bad.

The B side, P.S. I Love You, is significantly better than Side A. It has really nice vocal harmonies from some of the best voices of all time. It is a ballad with some nice guitar chords.

If you're interested where The Beatles came from, this is a good song that almost everyone has heard. It certainly doesn't compare to Abbey Road, but it holds its own, and is some of the best music of the early 60's.

Review by Guillermo
3 stars The version of "Love Me Do" which originally appeared on the first pressings of this single has Ringo Starr on drums, but the song also was recorded by the band with a session drummer called Andy White and with Ringo Starr playing a tambourine. This second version with White on drums appears on the "Please Please Me" album and since 1963 it also appeared in the single version. The version with Ringo on drums was also released on the "Past Masters Volume One" compilation album in 1988, but the version with White appears on other compilation albums like "1" (2000). So, the main difference between the two versions is the absence or the presence of a tambourine played by Ringo. The B-side, "P.S. I Love You" was recorded with Andy White on drums and with Ringo on maracas. This happened because at the start of their recording sessions with producer George Martin he didn`t like Pete Best` s drums playing (as he participated in their first recording session with their new record label), and Matin said that to the other three Beatles.When the time came for another recording session, Pete Best wasn`t in the band anymore and Ringo was the new drummer with the band, but as Martin wasn`t very impressed with Ringo`s drum`s playing then, Martin called White to participate in the recordings. Anyway, the single version included Ringo`s drums playing at least in the first pressings, and Martin didn`t use a session drummer again for the next recording sessions.There also was a preliminary recorded version of "Love Me Do" with Pete Best on drums which was released in the "Anthology 1" album from 1995, which is very different in the drums playing and it shows why Best was replaced as drummer as his playing is not as good as Ringo`s, in my opinion. Anyway, both songs in this single are very early efforts as songwriters by Lennon and McCartney, in my opinion, both being very simple songs. But with both being songs composed by members of the band, it was a new approach in the recording industry as many bands and soloists then only recorded songs composed by outside "professional songwriters". So, this single and their firts album contributed to that change, I think.

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love Me Do"