LOVE ME DO

The Beatles Love Me Do album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1962

1. Love Me Do (2:23)
10. P. S. I Love You (2:05)

Search THE BEATLES Love Me Do lyrics

U.K. Chart Detail :
Entry Date : 11th October 1962
Highest Position : 17
Weeks in Chart : 18 Weeks

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Me Do Music

love me do / p.s. i love you 45 rpm singlelove me do / p.s. i love you 45 rpm single
PARLOPHONE
Vinyl$25.00 (used)
Beatles Love Me Do - USA 45 Without P/S - TOLLIE USD $35.99 Buy It Now 1h 30m
The Beatles LP The Early Beatles 1965 Stereo Twist & Shout Love Me Do VG+/VG++ USD $25.99 Buy It Now 1h 56m
The Beatles 7" Single - Love Me Do / P.S I Love You USD $9.21 [0 bids]
BEATLES-LOVE ME DO/P.S. I LOVE YOU-TOLLIE LABEL WITH PIC SLEEVE PLUS 3 MORE 45'S USD $24.49 [7 bids]
'Vinyl' Lyric / Word Art - Beatles 'Love, Love Me Do' Purple Gold Hand Crafted USD $30.69 Buy It Now 3h 13m
THE BEATLES,"Can't Buy Me Love"/"You Can't Do That" NEW 45rpm USD $13.98 Buy It Now 3h 15m
THE BEATLES 'LOVE ME DO " MAXI CD SINGLE USD $30.00 Buy It Now 4h 4m
THE BEATLES-LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU 1964 TOLLIE RECORDS 7" 45 T-9008 VG-VG+ USD $5.99 Buy It Now 4h 16m
Beatles 7" PICTURE DISC 45 Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You 1983 UK ISSUE USD $24.98 Buy It Now 4h 39m
THE BEATLES Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You Picture Sleeve 7" 45 USD $16.49 [2 bids]
?THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - RARE 7" 45 VINYL RECORD w PICT SLV? USD $17.87 Buy It Now 7h 17m
BEATLES-12" Single "LOVE ME DO/P.S.I LOVE YOU, Parlophone 12R 4949 (1982) Mono USD $19.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU (1964) TOLLIE 7" 45 RPM USD $37.95 Buy It Now 7h 47m
7" EP the BEATLES' HITS Aussie sleeve; rarity; please, please me; love me do USD $35.04 Buy It Now 8h 45m
Beatles Limited Edition 7" Vinyl Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That USD $59.97 Buy It Now 8h 50m
THE BEATLES "LOVE ME DO" single FIRST PRESSING USD $500.00 Buy It Now 9h 2m
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - LIMITED EDITION BLUE VINYL STAR SHAPE 7" SINGLE USD $18.41 Buy It Now 11h 53m
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - LIMITED EDITION GREEN VINYL APPLE SHAPED 7" SINGLE USD $19.94 Buy It Now 13h 27m
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - LIMITED EDITION RED VINYL STAR SHAPE 7" SINGLE USD $18.41 Buy It Now 13h 30m
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - LIMITED EDITION WHITE VINYL STAR SHAPE 7" SINGLE USD $18.41 Buy It Now 13h 33m
The Beatles Drop T Logo Red Gummy Wristband 10mm Love Me Do 100% Official New USD $14.99 Buy It Now 14h
the beatles love me do 1964 usa oldies 45 label vinyl 7 " single ol 151 ex USD $19.12 Buy It Now 14h 49m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO PS ,+TOLLIE BLACK VINYL 45,V+++TO ABT M- USD $110.00 Buy It Now 15h 6m
the beatles love me do 1982 uk parlophone label 7" vinyl picture disc mint - USD $23.72 Buy It Now 16h 16m
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - ORIGINAL 1962 1ST PRESS 7" VINYL SINGLE - VG/VG USD $237.83 Buy It Now 16h 18m
Beatles 45 "LOVE ME DO" "P.C. I LOVE YOU" Tollie T-9008 Yellow Label USD $49.99 Buy It Now 16h 43m
45rpm THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That CAPITOL 5150 USD $7.49 Buy It Now 17h 24m
w SLEEVE The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 1964 45rpm VG+ USD $11.99 Buy It Now 18h 10m
The Beatles Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You 1964 45rpm VG+ USD $9.99 Buy It Now 18h 12m
THE BEATLES "NM" LOVE ME DO P S I LOVE YOU USD $13.80 Buy It Now 19h 49m
THE BEATLES "NM" CAN`T BUY ME LOVE YOU CAN`T DO THAT USD $9.20 Buy It Now 19h 49m
Live at the BBC by The Beatles (2 Disc CD) Love Me Do, Riding on a Bus, USD $19.08 Buy It Now 20h 4m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO TWIST AND SHOUT custom Picture Sleeve SET OF 2 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 20h 54m
THE BEATLES Love Me Do TOLLIE USD $15.00 Buy It Now 21h 30m
THE BEATLES ORIG 1962 RED PARLOPHONE 45 LOVE ME DO EX Z T TAX 1 T 1 H STAMPERS USD $184.24 Buy It Now 21h 38m
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1962 RED PARLOPHONE 45 LOVE ME DO 1 G STAMPERS USD $184.24 Buy It Now 21h 39m
BEATLES "LOVE ME DO / P S I LOVE YOU" 45 USD $4.75 Buy It Now 22h 3m
THE BEATLES- LOVE ME DO VINYL 7" 45RPM P/S USD $3.82 Buy It Now 22h 52m
The Beatles - Love Me Do. 2012 50th Anniversary 7" 45. (Misprint) 45R4949 NM. USD $3.55 [2 bids]
The Beatles PVC Fridge Magnet (Love Me Do) Brand New USD $4.59 [0 bids]
RARE The Beatles 20th Anniversary 7" Picture Disc: Love Me Do / PS I Love You USD $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES P.S. I LOVE YOU / LOVE ME DO 60S ORIG OLDIES LB USD $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles "Love Me Do" THREE TRACK EP Oz 7" USD $5.36 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles tape lot, of two 3 1/4" tapes. I want to hold your hand USD $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
LOVE ME DO JAPAN The Beatles limited parlophone 7" vinyl 45 rpm USD $15.55 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles Record LOVE ME DO 12" Vinyl Single UK EMI 20th Anniversary Release NM USD $22.46 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Love Me Do P.S. I Love You 1982 Reissue CAPITOL VINYL 7" 45 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles 45rpm record "Can't Buy Me Love" & "You Can't Do That" Capitol Swirl USD $5.99 [1 bids]
BEATLES 45 RPM RECORD*LOVE ME DO-P.S. I LOVE YOU!!! USD $19.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "LOVE ME DO/P.S. I LOVE YOU " CD3 W/LONG BOX IN SHRINK WRAP USD $2.25 [2 bids]
TOLLIE Single 45 rpm THE BEATLES Yellow Label Block Letters LOVE ME DO P.S. I Lv USD $9.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles "Love Me Do" 50th Ann UK 2nd edition reissue 7" vinyl.mint USD $24.55 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles First Single-Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You CD USD $14.19 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles Love Me Do UK 3" CD single (CD3) CD3R4949 PARLOPHONE 1988 USD $20.40 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO 7" APPLE SHAPED RED VINYL NEW MINT 2013 USD $24.55 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles PRESS KIT "LOVE ME DO" 1992 Capitol Records BEATLES PPRESS KIT USD $37.46 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES: PS I Love You / Love Me Do OLDIES USA 45 Scarce VG+ USD $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles : Love Me Do : 20th Anniversary : 7" Picture Disc USD $15.35 [0 bids]
VTG The Early Beatles LP Mono Album T 2309 #6 PLEASE PLEASE ME/Love Me Do NICE! USD $32.99 [0 bids]
USD $45.99 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES 45 R 4949 BLACK PARLOPH LOVE ME DO rare SINGLE INDIA INDIAN 28 VG- USD $99.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles 45 Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That (Rock) Mono NM USD $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 7 Inch USD $1.52 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES.7"YOU CANT DO THAT/CANT BUY ME LOVE.VG +;UK 1964;ORIG USD $8.44 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES ORIG 1962 RED PARLOPHONE 45 LOVE ME DO EX Z T TAX 1 O 1 T STAMPERS USD $115.14 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES 'LOVE ME DO " MAXI CD SINGLE USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES love me do - WOVEN IRON/SEW ON PATCH import USD $6.13 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Tollie 45 Record #9008 VG P.S. I Love You / Love Me Do USD $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles U.K. Limited 20th Anniversary 7" Picture Disc "Love Me Do" EMI 4949, NM USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles-Love Me Do (UK picture disc) Near Mint USD $22.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO P.S. I LOVE YOU PICTURE DISC USD $33.47 Buy It Now 2 days
45 RPM SINGLE RECORD * BEATLES * LOVE ME DO / PS I LOVE YOU * TOLLIE USD $5.95 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - Love Me Do - Picture Sleeve - 7" 45 RPM - 20th Anniversary Edition USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 1960s 7" Vinyl 45RPM USD $4.59 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 45 ORIGINAL 1964 INDIAN PRESSING MADE IN INDIA USD $122.81 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles Love Me Do Capital Promo White label 45 New never played! USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES LOVE ME DO 7" SINGLE 1ST EMI WITHDRAWN ISSUE PLUS PAPERWORK USD $76.75 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles-Can't Buy Me Love-You Can't Do That-Apple 5150-Late 60s LA-Sleeve-Rock!! USD $4.99 [1 bids]
P5-33 Vinyl Record Album 45 Tollie The Beatles PS I love You Me Do NICE RARE! USD $33.71 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles-Love Me Do/PS I Love You-Vinyl 45 w/Picture Sleeve USD $5.99 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES "love me do" orig UK 1962 PARLOPHONE 7" red labels USD $23.05 [4 bids]
Beatles - Love Me Do Why Ps I Love You (CD New) USD $15.02 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES TOLLIE 45 P.S. I LOVE YOU / LOVE ME DO SUPER CLEAN BEATLES USD $150.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles' First Single-Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You (2012, Vinyl New) USD $15.02 Buy It Now 3 days
Love Me Do - Withdrawn Beatles 7" Vinyl Record - 45-R4949 - Andy White Not Ringo USD $36.83 [0 bids]
BEATLES LOVE ME DO AR1094 EP wm0029 USD $4.99 [1 bids]
Beatles' First Single-Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You 87121770 (Vinyl Used Very Good) USD $13.29 Buy It Now 3 days
Can't Buy Me Love b/w You Can't Do That - The Beatles 7" BRAND NEW! USD $5.99 [0 bids]
USD $30.00 Buy It Now
Beatles' First Single-Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You [Vinyl New] USD $15.29 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles - Love Me Do Why Ps I Love You [CD New] USD $19.93 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES ~ Love Me Do ~ 12" Single PS MONO USD $33.76 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES ORIG 1962 RED PARLOPHONE 45 LOVE ME DO Z O T M TAX CODE USD $230.29 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES japanese CD Single Love Me Do & P.S. I Love You EMI Odeon Brand New USD $25.25 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - 1962-1966 Part 1 8 Track Cartridge Apple 8XK3405 Love Me Do Help! USD $14.20 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 50th ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL EDITION CATALOGUE No.45- R 4714 USD $39.90 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT CAPITOL 45 # 5150 USD $6.95 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Love Me Do - Deleted UK 2 track 3" CD in EMI blister pack USD $10.73 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES "LOVE ME DO" THE BEATLES PROGRESS 1964 FIRST ISSUE PAPERBACK USD $24.55 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES, CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT, PARLOPHONE 7 INCH 45 RPM USD $3.06 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES "LOVE ME DO/P.S. I LOVE YOU" 7" PICTURE DISC USD $34.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles/Apple Gummy Wristband with Love Me Do Logo (red) USD $6.14 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(13%)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do reviews

Review by J-Man
3 stars This was basically The Beatles' first hit. It's what would get them to be known as one of the most popular bands ever. When it first debuted in England, it was a moderate success, peaking at #19 on the charts. In America, however, it was a number one for the future prog band.

Love Me Do is a decent early 60's tune written by the great Lennon/McCartney partnership. It is influenced by blues, and has a good rhythm. The harmonica sounds good, and I like the bass. This song isn't great or anything like that, but it's obvious that these guys were different than what had come before them. This is obviously something that could form a new genre, which in those days, was rock. With that said, I don't think this song is a particularly good early Beatles' song, but it's not bad.

The B side, P.S. I Love You, is significantly better than Side A. It has really nice vocal harmonies from some of the best voices of all time. It is a ballad with some nice guitar chords.

If you're interested where The Beatles came from, this is a good song that almost everyone has heard. It certainly doesn't compare to Abbey Road, but it holds its own, and is some of the best music of the early 60's.

Review by Guillermo
3 stars The version of "Love Me Do" which originally appeared on the first pressings of this single has Ringo Starr on drums, but the song also was recorded by the band with a session drummer called Andy White and with Ringo Starr playing a tambourine. This second version with White on drums appears on the "Please Please Me" album and since 1963 it also appeared in the single version. The version with Ringo on drums was also released on the "Past Masters Volume One" compilation album in 1988, but the version with White appears on other compilation albums like "1" (2000). So, the main difference between the two versions is the absence or the presence of a tambourine played by Ringo. The B-side, "P.S. I Love You" was recorded with Andy White on drums and with Ringo on maracas. This happened because at the start of their recording sessions with producer George Martin he didn`t like Pete Best` s drums playing (as he participated in their first recording session with their new record label), and Matin said that to the other three Beatles.When the time came for another recording session, Pete Best wasn`t in the band anymore and Ringo was the new drummer with the band, but as Martin wasn`t very impressed with Ringo`s drum`s playing then, Martin called White to participate in the recordings. Anyway, the single version included Ringo`s drums playing at least in the first pressings, and Martin didn`t use a session drummer again for the next recording sessions.There also was a preliminary recorded version of "Love Me Do" with Pete Best on drums which was released in the "Anthology 1" album from 1995, which is very different in the drums playing and it shows why Best was replaced as drummer as his playing is not as good as Ringo`s, in my opinion. Anyway, both songs in this single are very early efforts as songwriters by Lennon and McCartney, in my opinion, both being very simple songs. But with both being songs composed by members of the band, it was a new approach in the recording industry as many bands and soloists then only recorded songs composed by outside "professional songwriters". So, this single and their firts album contributed to that change, I think.

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love Me Do"