LOVE ME DO

The Beatles Love Me Do album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1962

1. Love Me Do (2:23)
10. P. S. I Love You (2:05)

Search THE BEATLES Love Me Do lyrics

U.K. Chart Detail :
Entry Date : 11th October 1962
Highest Position : 17
Weeks in Chart : 18 Weeks

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Me Do Music

Beatles - love me do, PS I love you - LP 12 inch! USD $11.62 Buy It Now 43m 58s
THE BEATLES "LOVE ME DO" / "P.S. I LOVE YOU" 7" 45 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 57m 57s
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO 12" UNCUT single PICTURE DISC USD $69.99 Buy It Now 1h 51m
BEATLES love me do - EMBROIDERED - SEW/IRON ON PATCH official IMPORT USD $7.26 Buy It Now 3h 26m
THE BEATLES love me do / p.s. i love you 7" VG+ T-9008 Tollie 1964 Record USD $30.00 Buy It Now 4h 44m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO EP 7" VINYL 45 PARLOPHONE UK MONO 8880 NM RARE USD $35.00 Buy It Now 5h 16m
THE BEATLES First Single LP SEALED Love Me Do P.S. I Love You USD $28.15 Buy It Now 7h
The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 45 RPM Re-Issue Target USD $99.99 Buy It Now 7h
Capitol 5150 The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 1964 7" 45 RPM USD $30.80 Buy It Now 7h 35m
NEAR MINT BEATLES 45 'LOVE ME DO" RARE TOLLIE #9008, WITH PICTURE SLEEVE. 1963 USD $29.99 [1 bids]
Beatles' First Single-Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You [Vinyl New] USD $15.69 Buy It Now 9h 56m
Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You [Single] by The Beatles (Vinyl, Jan-2012, Vinyl... USD $11.42 Buy It Now 10h 29m
Beatles Love Me Do 7" vinyl picture disc single UK 7RMM1P ROCK MELON MUSIC LTD USD $40.65 Buy It Now 11h 45m
Love Me Do - Withdrawn Version Beatles UK 7" vinyl single record 45-R4949 USD $113.40 Buy It Now 12h 11m
Love Me Do - 50th Anniversary Edition Beatles 7" vinyl single record UK USD $40.65 Buy It Now 12h 11m
Love Me Do - 50 Great Beatles Moments Beatles UK book 978-1-78087-329-9 USD $31.26 Buy It Now 12h 16m
Beatles Love Me Do - 50th Anniversary 7" vinyl single record Japanese USD $55.21 Buy It Now 12h 21m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 50th ANNIVERSARY MISS PRINTED CATALOGUE No.45- R 4714 USD $39.27 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Love Me Do (Star White-Shaped 9 " Vinyl 45rpm / Single ) 2 piece USD $23.99 Buy It Now 17h 50m
THE BEATLES Please Please Me CD Classic 1963 Debut Love Me Do, Twist USD $3.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles "Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You" Oldies 45 USD $20.00 Buy It Now 22h 29m
The Beatles "Love Me Do" 20th Anniversary re-release 1982 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hits EP rare 1963 from me to you love me do please please me USD $10.18 [0 bids]
The Beatles 7" Color Picture disc-LOVE ME DO/P.S. LOVE YOU USD $65.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles 7" Color Picture disc-CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN DO THAT USD $65.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles - Love Me Do - 7" - UK - 2012 - Parlophone USD $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT 45 7" ODEON JAPAN BLACK WAX USD $44.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES "CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT" 1964 CAPITOL 45 RPM USD $8.00 [0 bids]
MINT UNPLAYED BEATLES 45 'LOVE ME DO" WITH PICTURE SLEEVE, CAPITOL #PB-5189 451 USD $4.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love & You Can't Do That 45 rpm 7" record NEW RARE USD $33.76 Buy It Now 1 day
10-MINUTE TEACHER THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO GUITAR DVD TUTORIAL LEARN TO PLAY USD $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - Love Me Do 7" Vinyl Single USD $7.26 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Love Me Do UK 7" in picture sleeve Parlophone R4949 1983 Ex+ USD $21.81 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - 45-R 4949 RARE 1962 UK PARLOPHONE RED LABEL 1ST PRESS USD $132.39 [9 bids]
The Beatles PVC Fridge Magnet (Love Me Do) Brand New USD $4.35 [0 bids]
Beatles A6 Notebook (Love Me Do) BRAND NEW USD $7.26 [0 bids]
Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That - Play Graded VG- 1964 Vinyl USD $4.95 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Love Me do /PS I love you SP Capitol US USD $13.09 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles Can't Buy Me Love /You Can't Do That Denmark 45 Original Pressing W/O PS USD $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
1964 ORIG-SWAN RECORDS 9008-THE BEATLES-LOVE ME DO-45-W/PICTURE SLEEVE-NICE!! USD $9.99 [1 bids]
Beatles 7"= Picture Sleeve Odeon = "Love Me Do / P.S I Love You "=1C 006-05 265 USD $14.26 [0 bids]
Beatles Star Line 45 record Love Me Do/P.S. I love You USD $12.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES"P.S.I LOVE YOU/LOVE ME DO"1964 TOLLIE -9008 w/P/S USD $100.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles - Love Me Do Why Ps I Love You [CD New] USD $20.92 Buy It Now 2 days
Tollie Record Beatles Love Me Do /P.S. I Love You 45 no sleeve - SCT USD $8.99 [0 bids]
8 TRACK~The Beatles 1962-1966 Part 1 Apple 8XK3405 Love Me Do Help! EX. PLAYBACK USD $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Love Me Do From the Album 20 Greatest Hits Capitol Records B-5189 USD $14.99 [0 bids]
USD $19.99 Buy It Now
Beatles "Love Me Do" 1982 Capitol 45rpm w/ Ps NM Cond.Store Stock Unplayed USD $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 45 UK 50TH ANNIVERSARY 2012 WITHDRAWNED 45 MINT USD $72.73 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Love Me Do/PS I Love You (MINT) 7" Picture Disc USD $36.36 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES you can't do that & can't buy me love 1964 PARLOPHONE COMPANY SLEEVE USD $9.88 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Vinyl. You Can't Do That/can't Buy Me Love USD $1.45 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO TRAVEL MUG OFFICIAL TRAVEL MUG BEATTRAVMUG05 USD $35.73 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES Love Me Do 7" Reissue Green Pic Sleeve Design B/w Ps I Love You. Wear To USD $7.26 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES - LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU RARE LIMITED RED VINYL UNPLAYED 1992 USD $119.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles 45 "Can't Buy Me Love"/"You Can't Do That" Parlophone A8113 (Australia) USD $34.95 Buy It Now 3 days
R 5114 The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That - 1964 USD $7.27 Buy It Now 3 days
Love Me Do Why Ps I Love You Beatles CD USD $39.05 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES/ Love Me Do/ P.S. I Love You/ 45 rpm/ 7"/ Rock/ USD $7.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES / LOVE ME DO / PS I LOVE YOU 6062 Green Swirl Capitol STARLINE 45 EX USD $12.50 [3 bids]
BEATLES LOVE ME DO OR1094 EP wt7436 USD $7.99 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO ( BRAND NEW 8.5cm x 6cm IRON-ON PATCH ) USD $1.88 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles 45 RPM - Love Me Do & P.S. I Love You USD $1.99 [0 bids]
Beatles LOVE ME DO and P.S. I LOVE YOU limited edition heart shaped 45 *NEW* USD $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO & P.S. I LOVE YOU PARLOPHONE RE-ISSUE MONO 45 MINT USD $18.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles EAS-27005 Love Me Do 45RPM MONO 12" Single USD $95.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles Love Me Do 7" Picture Disc w/P.S. I Love You MINT RARE USD $20.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Love Me Do The Beatles' Progress Michael Braun 1st Edition Very nice USD $67.53 [1 bids]
beatles - love me do - tollie 9008- 45rpm - nm - 1964 - ref#8115 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES 7" RECORD COLLECTION x 4 LOVE ME DO PARLOPHONE USD $4.36 [0 bids]
UK THE BEATLES YOU CANT DO THAT BOTH LABELS but A SIDE is CANT BUY ME LOVE USD $4.66 [2 bids]
THE BEATLES:Love Me Do/I Saw Her Standing There.RARE Aussie 7" Label Variation USD $37.52 Buy It Now 3 days
1964 Introducing the Beatles Ver 1 Love Me Do Oval Vee Jay 1092 RARE USD $1.25 [2 bids]
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That EMI/ODEON JAPAN 45 PS Near Mint USD $25.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - 7" VINYL PICTURE DISC - EX USD $21.75 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You Oldies 45 Monarch Pressing $0.99 !!! USD $0.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Love Me Do 5189 7" USD $16.71 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles,Love Me Do,(RP 4949),P.S. I Love You,20th anniversary pic disc,7" USD $19.63 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles - P.S. I Love You/ Love Me Do - Black Label, Tollie in Silver Box USD $9.95 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - Ist UK 7" RED LABEL PARLOPHONE 45R 4949/1962 PZT1 EX! USD $269.14 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES USA 90s Capitol jukebox 7" 45 LOVE ME DO~PS I LOVE YOU, 30th Anniversary USD $25.50 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO, 7" VINYL PICTURE DISC, UK,1982, PARLOPHONE RP 4949, EX USD $20.29 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That - 1976 7" Vinyl RE - R 5114 USD $5.75 [0 bids]
BEATLES LOVE ME DO red apple beat 3 n/m framed........ 45rpm USD $34.92 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES LOVE ME DO blue star beat 4 n/m framed........ 45rpm USD $34.92 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES LOVE ME DO pink apple aom 001 n/m framed........ 45rpm USD $34.92 Buy It Now 3 days
45 rpm vintage - THE BEATLES Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You - tollie records USD $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That Type B 3 EX USD $2.90 [0 bids]
Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That = Push Out Centre USD $7.27 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES "Red WAX" LOVE ME DO OR1094 EP wt5526 USD $2.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES CAN`T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN`T DO THAT 7" VINYL SINGLE USD $8.73 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles 45 love me do w/sleeve Tollie T-9008 Beachwood vg+ USD $14.95 [1 bids]
The Beatles. Love Me Do. 30th anniversary . Japan. With hype sticker. NM USD $12.99 [0 bids]
Beatles 45 "LOVE ME DO" Tollie T-9008 Yellow Label THIN BLACK Print - BEAUTIFUL USD $69.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles 45 "LOVE ME DO" Tollie T-9008 Yellow Label THICK BLACK BLOCK - BEAUTIFUL USD $59.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Vinyl LP Beatles Love Me Do Capitol Sampler Promo Only USD $24.75 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles-Love Me Do/PS I Love You-Tollie Records Vinyl 45 USD $12.50 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES love me do / p.s. i love you ( rock ) 7"/45 picture sleeve - tollie - USD $59.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles Promo Love Me Do/PS I Love You w/PS 1992 Capitol 7PRO-79551 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love 45 You Can't Do That Capitol 5150 USD $13.90 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(13%)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do reviews

Review by J-Man
3 stars This was basically The Beatles' first hit. It's what would get them to be known as one of the most popular bands ever. When it first debuted in England, it was a moderate success, peaking at #19 on the charts. In America, however, it was a number one for the future prog band.

Love Me Do is a decent early 60's tune written by the great Lennon/McCartney partnership. It is influenced by blues, and has a good rhythm. The harmonica sounds good, and I like the bass. This song isn't great or anything like that, but it's obvious that these guys were different than what had come before them. This is obviously something that could form a new genre, which in those days, was rock. With that said, I don't think this song is a particularly good early Beatles' song, but it's not bad.

The B side, P.S. I Love You, is significantly better than Side A. It has really nice vocal harmonies from some of the best voices of all time. It is a ballad with some nice guitar chords.

If you're interested where The Beatles came from, this is a good song that almost everyone has heard. It certainly doesn't compare to Abbey Road, but it holds its own, and is some of the best music of the early 60's.

Review by Guillermo
3 stars The version of "Love Me Do" which originally appeared on the first pressings of this single has Ringo Starr on drums, but the song also was recorded by the band with a session drummer called Andy White and with Ringo Starr playing a tambourine. This second version with White on drums appears on the "Please Please Me" album and since 1963 it also appeared in the single version. The version with Ringo on drums was also released on the "Past Masters Volume One" compilation album in 1988, but the version with White appears on other compilation albums like "1" (2000). So, the main difference between the two versions is the absence or the presence of a tambourine played by Ringo. The B-side, "P.S. I Love You" was recorded with Andy White on drums and with Ringo on maracas. This happened because at the start of their recording sessions with producer George Martin he didn`t like Pete Best` s drums playing (as he participated in their first recording session with their new record label), and Matin said that to the other three Beatles.When the time came for another recording session, Pete Best wasn`t in the band anymore and Ringo was the new drummer with the band, but as Martin wasn`t very impressed with Ringo`s drum`s playing then, Martin called White to participate in the recordings. Anyway, the single version included Ringo`s drums playing at least in the first pressings, and Martin didn`t use a session drummer again for the next recording sessions.There also was a preliminary recorded version of "Love Me Do" with Pete Best on drums which was released in the "Anthology 1" album from 1995, which is very different in the drums playing and it shows why Best was replaced as drummer as his playing is not as good as Ringo`s, in my opinion. Anyway, both songs in this single are very early efforts as songwriters by Lennon and McCartney, in my opinion, both being very simple songs. But with both being songs composed by members of the band, it was a new approach in the recording industry as many bands and soloists then only recorded songs composed by outside "professional songwriters". So, this single and their firts album contributed to that change, I think.

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love Me Do"