LOVE ME DO

The Beatles Love Me Do album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1962

1. Love Me Do (2:23)
10. P. S. I Love You (2:05)

Search THE BEATLES Love Me Do lyrics

U.K. Chart Detail :
Entry Date : 11th October 1962
Highest Position : 17
Weeks in Chart : 18 Weeks

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Me Do Music

THE BEATLES - Love Me Do - Rare US 1992 Promo 7" w/Picture sleeve USD $56.52 Buy It Now 1h 15m
BEATLES - Love Me Do - UK 50th Anniversary Vinyl 7" Withdrawn Mispress /Recalled USD $122.00 Buy It Now 1h 15m
BEATLES - RED ALBUM (1962-66) 2CD. Remastered 2009. Love Me Do. She Loves You... USD $5.94 [1 bids]
1962 POP WEEKLY MAGAZINE 1ST SERIES No14 BEATLES 1ST CHART ENTRY 'LOVE ME DO'. USD $14.88 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "MINT" ANTHOLOGY 1 3X12" LP GATEFOLD LOVE ME DO 1 2 3 I II III USD $44.62 Buy It Now 4h 27m
The Beatles - Love Me Do - Tollie Label - 45 rpm 7 inch Original vinyl single USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 39m
The Beatles - Love Me Do Limited Edition Apple Shaped Red Vinyl 9" 2013 Record USD $24.99 Buy It Now 8h 48m
BEATLES CAPITOL5189 LOVE ME DO M- WPC $40.00 USD $40.00 Buy It Now 9h 14m
The Beatles Picture Disc Love Me Do P.s I Love You 1962 Original Paper Sleeve USD $14.88 [0 bids]
USD $26.04 Buy It Now
BEATLES~LOVE ME DO~VG++~OLDIES 45~P.S. I LOVE YOU~~ POP 45 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 10h 15m
Beatles Love Me Do - 20th UK 7" vinyl single record R4949 PARLOPHONE 1982 RED USD $20.19 Buy It Now 10h 39m
THE BEATLES 2012 UK 45 RED PARLOPHONE LOVE ME DO MINT USD $59.50 Buy It Now 11h 7m
THE BEATLES-LOVE ME DO/P.S.I LOVE YOU 1960'S 45RPM RECORD BRITISH INVASION USD $15.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT "JUKEBOX" 45 CAPITOL MINT- USD $17.50 Buy It Now 11h 27m
BEATLES - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That- '64 UK 7"/45 - Parlophone R5114 USD $30.00 Buy It Now 11h 45m
BEATLES - LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU "JUKEBOX" 45 PURPLE LABEL UNPLAYED 1982 USD $19.95 Buy It Now 12h 8m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO / PS I LOVE YOU PARLOPHONE RED LABEL USD $5.21 [3 bids]
The Beatles - 3 Inch CD - 1989 - Can't Buy Me Love - You Can't Do That USD $7.42 [0 bids]
3 x Original 1960's Beatles Paperback Books *Help; A Hard Days Night; Love Me Do USD $32.73 [7 bids]
The Beatles - 3 Inch CD - 1988 - Love Me Do - P.S. I Love You USD $7.42 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES -CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT-CAPITOL 5150--EXCELLENT COPY USD $15.00 Buy It Now 13h 43m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO UK FIRST ISSUE 1N 1N USD $27.93 [7 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO/P.S.I LOVE YOU.45.RED LABEL.1N.1962.GOOD.. USD $38.01 [4 bids]
1962 The Beatles - Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You (Parlophone) (R 4949) USD $8.91 [0 bids]
1964 The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That (Parlophone) (R 5114) USD $8.91 [0 bids]
Introducing The Beatles Version 1 Mono Love Me Do PS I Love You USD $130.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love / Can't Do UK Import 45rpm 7" Parlopho R5114 VG+ USD $2.50 [1 bids]
BEATLES~LOVE ME DO~P.S I LOVE YOU~TOLLIE 9008~RARE BLACK~NEAR MINT~~ POP 45 USD $49.99 [0 bids]
Beatles Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That MONO Orange Capitol 45 RPM Vinyl USD $12.75 Buy It Now 17h 12m
The Beatles - Love Me Do - Rare Mispressed Withdrawn 7" EU Vinyl 45 - New USD $14.86 [1 bids]
The Beatles 45 Love Me Do TOLLIE USD $50.00 Buy It Now 17h 55m
THE BEATLES * PS I LOVE YOU * LOVE ME DO * TOLLIE LABEL T-9008 * 45rpm JUKEBOX USD $6.50 [4 bids]
The Beatles- Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You 7" Picture Disc ~Mint~ USD $45.00 Buy It Now 19h 23m
Lot of (2) Beatles 45's and one Pic. Sleeve. Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You USD $45.00 [0 bids]
USD $65.00 Buy It Now
BEATLES TOLLIE 45 P.S. I LOVE YOU / LOVE ME DO SUPER CLEAN BEATLES USD $13.00 Buy It Now 21h 55m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO & P.S. LOVE YOU RED SHAPED VINYL RECORD USD $29.99 Buy It Now 22h 9m
THE BEATLES // CAN'T BUY ME LOVE & YOU CAN'T DO THAT // 45 RPM // 1964 USD $14.25 [0 bids]
USD $18.75 Buy It Now
The Beatles - Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You (TOLLIE) USD $9.95 Buy It Now 23h 59m
THE BEATLES / FROM ME TO YOU-LOVE ME DO-PLEASE PLEASE ME-THAK YOU GIRL (1963) UK USD $14.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES The Beatles' Hits 7" EP UK Parlophone label GEP8880 Love Me Do +3 USD $20.83 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles - Love Me Do 7" Picture disc UK 1982 EX+ Rock / Pop USD $17.85 Buy It Now 1 day
1964 The Beatles "Can't Buy Me Love" / "You Can't Do That" 45 rpm USD $3.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles: Official Apple Corps Love Me Do Knee High Socks - New With Tag USD $11.90 Buy It Now 1 day
45 BEATLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT (R 5114) UK REPRESS USD $7.42 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Picture Disc - Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You USD $24.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles CD "LOVE ME DO" Parlophone ORIGINAL Recording - 3 Tracks USD $37.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles PS I Love You & Love Me Do Scarce Tollie Release USD $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO/P.S.I LOVE YOU.45.P/D.RP4949.VG.. USD $2.98 [3 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO & P.S. I LOVE YOU PARLOPHONE RE-ISSUE MONO 45 MINT USD $20.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles / Love Me Do / PS I Love You / 1964 Press / Play Tested /EX/NM USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO RARE ORIG UK RED PARLOPHONE 1st PRESS KT TAX CODE VINYL USD $40.17 [7 bids]
Beatles "Love Me Do"/ "P.S I Love You"/Pic.Sl. and Vinyl/VG+ USD $39.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Green Vinyl Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 45 Record EX+ USD $9.38 [4 bids]
Beatles - Love Me Do 7" Picture Disc USD $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
4 Beatles 45 rpm records Love me do,Hard days night.Ob-la-di,lonely heart club USD $25.00 [0 bids]
Beatles 45 "LOVE ME DO" Tollie T-9008 Yellow Label Black Letters - EXCELLENT USD $69.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES Jukebox Green Vinyl Can't buy me love You can't do that USD $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT 7" PICTURE DISC ! USD $24.95 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 50th ANNIVERSARY MISS PRINTED CATALOGUE No.45- R 4714 USD $40.16 [0 bids]
The Beatles First Single - Love Me Do - P.S. I Love You USD $14.44 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles I Saw Her Standing There Love Me Do EMI Lennon Mccartney Parlophone 45LP USD $19.34 Buy It Now 2 days
10-MINUTE TEACHER THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO GUITAR DVD TUTORIAL LEARN TO PLAY USD $6.96 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles "Love Me Do & P.S. I Love You" Record Sleeve in Excellent Condition USD $45.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES LOVE ME DO TOLLIE-9008 PROMOTIONAL VG+ USD $190.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES *LOVE ME DO / PS I LOVE YOU* tollie T-9008* Black Print/Green Print? USD $30.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That (Mono Starline) 45 RPM Vinyl USD $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles Love Me Do / P.S. I Love you (Oldies 45) 45 RPM Vinyl USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Love Me Do pink heart shaped vinyl 7" NEW/UNPLAYED USD $22.22 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 1988 45rpm VG++ USD $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES LOVE ME DO / P S I LOVE YOU TOLLIE GREEN BOX # T 9008 LIGHT WEAR USD $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles 45 Picture Disc "LOVE ME DO" UK Parlophone USD $37.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You CD 3" single-OOP USD $4.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "LOVE ME DO/P.S. I LOVE YOU " CD3 W/LONG BOX IN SHRINK WRAP USD $25.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love You Can't Do 7" 45 PARLOPHON ITALIAN QMSP 16361 = OBO USD $125.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO & P.S. I LOVE YOU APPLE GREEN SHAPED VINYL RECORD MINT USD $30.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles You can't do that Can't buy me love CAPITOL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
1982 The "Beatles" "Love me do" 12" record USD $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES: Love Me Do / P.s. I Love You 45 (star shaped, red vinyl) Rock USD $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles Love Me Do - Digipak CD single (CD5 / 5") UK CDRS4949 PARLOPHONE 1992 USD $14.86 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 50th ANNIVERSARY MISS PRINTED CATALOGUE No.45- R 4714 USD $41.64 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles CD single (CD5 / 5") Love Me Do UK CDRX4949 PARLOPHONE 1992 USD $24.53 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Love Me Do / PS I Love You - Red Apple Shaped Vinyl USD $14.86 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Love Me Do / PS I Love You - Green Apple Shaped Vinyl USD $14.86 Buy It Now 3 days
Love Me Do Beatles UK 3" CD single (CD3) CD3R4949 PARLOPHONE 1988 USD $19.77 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES OFFICIAL MERCHANDISE LOVE ME DO SOCKS USD $6.70 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES OFFICIAL MERCHANDISE LOVE ME DO SOCKS USD $6.70 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles-Love Me Do 7" Single USD $22.32 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Love Me Do Women's Knee-high Socks Official Merchandise Size 4-7 UK USD $8.91 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Love Me Do Men's Socks Official Merchandise Size 7-11 UK USD $7.42 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO / I SAW HER STANDING THERE AUSTRALIAN 7" USD $1.49 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Love Me Do - Deleted UK 2 track 3" CD in EMI blister pack USD $10.40 Buy It Now 3 days
NEW / SEALED - THE BEATLES OFFICIAL "LOVE ME DO" 1962-2012 ANNIVERSARY CALENDAR USD $1.47 [0 bids]
BEATLES Love Me Do 7" Pic Disc B/w P.s. I Love You UK Parlophone 1982 USD $12.48 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO ORIGINAL 1962 PRESS 45-R 4949 Ex USD $148.78 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES -CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT- RARE UK 7" SP 45 PARLOPHONE USD $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES: LIVE AT THE BBC [LOVE ME DO,CAN'T BUY ME LOVE,TICKET TO RIDE+]2 CD USD $12.98 Buy It Now 3 days
45 RPM Record BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love You Can't Do That Starline MINT USD $2.99 [0 bids]
45 RECORD 7" SINGLE - THE BEATLES- LOVE ME DO USD $6.29 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES "LOVE ME DO" / 'P.S. I LOVE YOU" 7" 45 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES 45 UK LOVE ME DO MIGB PARLOPHONE R-4949 RED LABEL FACTORY SLEEVE PS! USD $57.00 [6 bids]
LP a hard day's night
LP please please me
LP revolver
LP rubber soul
~ USD $21.77
LP sgt. pepper's lonely hearts club band
~ USD $21.77
LP the beatles (white album)
~ USD $27.22
LP with the beatles
LP yellow submarine
~ USD $18.30

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(13%)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do reviews

Review by J-Man
3 stars This was basically The Beatles' first hit. It's what would get them to be known as one of the most popular bands ever. When it first debuted in England, it was a moderate success, peaking at #19 on the charts. In America, however, it was a number one for the future prog band.

Love Me Do is a decent early 60's tune written by the great Lennon/McCartney partnership. It is influenced by blues, and has a good rhythm. The harmonica sounds good, and I like the bass. This song isn't great or anything like that, but it's obvious that these guys were different than what had come before them. This is obviously something that could form a new genre, which in those days, was rock. With that said, I don't think this song is a particularly good early Beatles' song, but it's not bad.

The B side, P.S. I Love You, is significantly better than Side A. It has really nice vocal harmonies from some of the best voices of all time. It is a ballad with some nice guitar chords.

If you're interested where The Beatles came from, this is a good song that almost everyone has heard. It certainly doesn't compare to Abbey Road, but it holds its own, and is some of the best music of the early 60's.

Review by Guillermo
3 stars The version of "Love Me Do" which originally appeared on the first pressings of this single has Ringo Starr on drums, but the song also was recorded by the band with a session drummer called Andy White and with Ringo Starr playing a tambourine. This second version with White on drums appears on the "Please Please Me" album and since 1963 it also appeared in the single version. The version with Ringo on drums was also released on the "Past Masters Volume One" compilation album in 1988, but the version with White appears on other compilation albums like "1" (2000). So, the main difference between the two versions is the absence or the presence of a tambourine played by Ringo. The B-side, "P.S. I Love You" was recorded with Andy White on drums and with Ringo on maracas. This happened because at the start of their recording sessions with producer George Martin he didn`t like Pete Best` s drums playing (as he participated in their first recording session with their new record label), and Matin said that to the other three Beatles.When the time came for another recording session, Pete Best wasn`t in the band anymore and Ringo was the new drummer with the band, but as Martin wasn`t very impressed with Ringo`s drum`s playing then, Martin called White to participate in the recordings. Anyway, the single version included Ringo`s drums playing at least in the first pressings, and Martin didn`t use a session drummer again for the next recording sessions.There also was a preliminary recorded version of "Love Me Do" with Pete Best on drums which was released in the "Anthology 1" album from 1995, which is very different in the drums playing and it shows why Best was replaced as drummer as his playing is not as good as Ringo`s, in my opinion. Anyway, both songs in this single are very early efforts as songwriters by Lennon and McCartney, in my opinion, both being very simple songs. But with both being songs composed by members of the band, it was a new approach in the recording industry as many bands and soloists then only recorded songs composed by outside "professional songwriters". So, this single and their firts album contributed to that change, I think.

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love Me Do"