LOVE ME DO

The Beatles Love Me Do album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1962

1. Love Me Do (2:23)
10. P. S. I Love You (2:05)

Search THE BEATLES Love Me Do lyrics

U.K. Chart Detail :
Entry Date : 11th October 1962
Highest Position : 17
Weeks in Chart : 18 Weeks

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Me Do Music

THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 45 CAPITOL 5150 - from Canada USD $4.99 [0 bids]
Parlophone The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love You Can't Do That Vinyl EP 7" 45 RPM USD $7.54 Buy It Now 8h 30m
The Beatles: Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That ODEON 1C006-04467, 7"45 rpm* USD $7.00 Buy It Now 10h 36m
BEATLES 26 HITS cd YESTERDAY yellow submarine HELP love me do 8 DAYS A WEEK girl USD $16.99 Buy It Now 11h 13m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 50th ANNIVERSARY MISS PRINTED CATALOGUE No.45- R 4714 USD $33.93 [0 bids]
Beatles,Love Me Do,(EAR-20221),Rare Japanese repress from 1977,7" USD $8.79 Buy It Now 13h 12m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 45 UK 20TH ANNIVERSARY PICTURE DISC USD $18.84 Buy It Now 13h 26m
Beatles -Love Me Do/PS I Love You -Capitol B-5189 1982 reissue STEREO Beechwood USD $6.99 [1 bids]
BEATLES LOVE ME DO EMI EAS-27005 Japan OBI Mono Vinyl 12 USD $10.50 [6 bids]
The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love 7"UK ORIG 1964 Parlophone R 5114 You Can't Do That USD $1.24 [0 bids]
* Beatles . Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That . Canadian . 45 USD $7.59 Buy It Now 17h 11m
The Beatles - Love Me Do (Holland 45 RPM + Company Sleeve Rare Re-Issue 5C 006) USD $4.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO RARE 12" 45 RPM MONO GREAT CONDITION , Played Once. MINT USD $60.00 Buy It Now 18h 13m
The Beatles - Love Me Do (Star Red-Shaped 9 " Vinyl 45rpm / Single ) 2 Piece USD $23.99 Buy It Now 18h 27m
Beatles A6 Notebook (Love Me Do) BRAND NEW USD $6.27 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Love Me Do [Stargrove] NEW & SEALED CD CANADA Walmart USD $6.99 [0 bids]
USD $9.99 Buy It Now
The Beatles - Love Me Do (Star Blue-Shaped 9 " Vinyl 45rpm / Single )2 Piece USD $23.99 Buy It Now 18h 53m
The Beatles ?- Love Me Do Parlophone ?- 45-R 4949 UK Vinyl 7" Single 45 USD $8.74 [0 bids]
BEATLES "Red WAX" LOVE ME DO OR1094 EP xc0191 USD $4.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO 2012 MISPRESS WITHDRAWN 7" VINYL SINGLE USD $43.98 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Love Me Do (R 4949 1982 Re-Issue) Vinyl 7" Single 45RPM USD $15.07 Buy It Now 21h 9m
10-MINUTE TEACHER THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO GUITAR DVD TUTORIAL LEARN TO PLAY USD $8.93 Buy It Now 21h 29m
Capitol B-5189 Stereo The Beatle Love Me Do/PS I Love You 45 rpm New NR USD $16.00 Buy It Now 21h 46m
1964 Introducing the Beatles Version 1 Love Me Do Oval Vee Jay 1062 RARE USD $59.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles 'Love Me Do' White Label Promo Apple Single & Promo Picture Sleeve USD $19.85 Buy It Now 23h 8m
Beatles "Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That" original 45rpm VG+ USD $3.98 [1 bids]
The Beatles "Love Me Do" vintage 45rpm disc + Picture Sleeve (EX) USD $89.87 [0 bids]
Introducing... The Beatles, Vee Jay VJLP 1062, Love Me Do & P.S. I Love You USD $19.00 Buy It Now 23h 41m
BEATLES Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You 7IN 1964 ROCK VG++ LISTEN!!!!!! USD $14.99 [0 bids]
Love Me Do: 50 Songs That Shaped the Beatles Love Me Do: 50 Songs That Shaped th USD $12.46 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES please please/love me do/thank you girl RARE SINGLE 7" 45 INDIA VG USD $374.25 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES Love Me Do 1982 UK 3-track 12" Vinyl Single EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $25.13 Buy It Now 1 day
beatles Love Me Do / PS I Love You USD $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles - Love Me Do Picture Disc Framed Vinyl Record Clock USD $31.42 Buy It Now 1 day
VARIOUS Beatles First Single Love Me Do/PS I Love You LP Chuck Berry Buddy Holly USD $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Ringo Starr "La De Da" / "Love Me Do" UK/EU (1998) Mercury Single CD The Beatles USD $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES 50TH ANNIVERSARY - LOVE ME DO LIMITED EDITION - WRONG B-SIDE NUMBER USD $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You 45 (JUKE BOX SERIES) VG++ USD $9.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES 45 Love Me Do (Capitol reissue / promo) w/picture sleeve - NM USD $40.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES 45 Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You (reissue) - NM USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That 45 Green Vinyl For Jukebox USD $24.95 Buy It Now 1 day
LOVE ME DO & THE BIRTH OF 2 CD NEW+ THE BEATLES/CLIFF RICHARDS/JACKIE LYNTON USD $25.13 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES -(45)- CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT - CAPITOL - 5150 - 1964 USD $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES_Love Me Do_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!__shA1f USD $17.88 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES EP/ 45 Love me do PLUS 2 emi UK MONO USD $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles-Love Me Do-P.S. I Love You-45RPM and Sleeve USD $14.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Love Me Do - First press - Rare W.O.T.Z. Embossing - "JR" - B side USD $300.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES 'Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You' STAR SHAPED WHITE 10" Vinyl NEW USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES Love Me Do CASSETTE 2 Track In Card Slipcase B/W Ps I Love You USD $8.53 Buy It Now 1 day
THE Beatles Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do 45 RPM Capitol Records EX GREEN Wax USD $23.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES Love Me Do 7" VINYL Green Pic Sleeve Reissue B/W Ps I Love You (R4949) USD $11.17 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles 1962 Single 'Love Me Do' USD $12.56 [1 bids]
BEATLES UNPLAYED PROMO ONLY LOVE ME DO 7" for the 20 GREATEST HITS LP 1982 USD $12.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45 RPM - "Love Me Do" & "P.S. I Love You" on Tollie Records VG cond USD $24.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES 45 RPM - "Love Me Do" & "P.S. I Love You" on Tollie Records VG- cond USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES 45 RPM - "Love Me Do" & "P.S. I Love You" on Tollie Records G+ cond USD $9.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES 45 RPM - "Love Me Do" & "P.S. I Love You" on Tollie Records G+ to VG USD $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES 45 RPM - "Love Me Do" & "P.S. I Love You" on Tollie Records F to G- USD $4.00 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES: Love Me Do +3 45 (France, EP w/ PC-only laminated 'backflaps' cover cl USD $50.00 Buy It Now 2 days
VTG 1964 THE BEATLES CANT BUY ME LOVE YOU CANT DO THAT 5150 CAPITOL RECORDS 45 USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $22.99 Buy It Now
The Beatles "Love me do - P.S. I love" Tollie Records Pop Rock 45 USD $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES: P.S. I Love You / Love Me Do USA Tollie ORIG 45 VG+ HEAR USD $18.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles....Love Me Do...Japanese..mint vinyl USD $14.99 [0 bids]
USD $22.99 Buy It Now
Beatles P.S. I Love You Love Me Do 7" 45 Record VG+ USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Early BEATLES 45 rpm Single TOLLIE Love Me Do 9008 P.S. I Love You Pen on Labels USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles P.S. I Love You Love Me Do 7" 45 Record VG++ USD $18.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love c/w You Can't Do That OR/330 7" JAPAN 45 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES -7 inch Cover- Love Me Do (ideal for replacing or framing) USD $5.02 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles 2 LP 1962-1966 Day Tripper/Yesterday/Love Me Do UK Pressing VG++/M- USD $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU PICTURE DISC USD $10.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ' OLDIES ' " LOVE ME DO " USD $5.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES - LOVE ME DO 12" - PARLOPHONE RECORDS-12R 4949 - IMPORT - NEW USD $18.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES I Saw Her Standing There/Love Me, Do PARLOPHONE A8105 Australia 7" USD $32.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles "Love Me Do" CD Single By EMI/Parlophone - 1992 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - Love Me Do - Pink Heart Shaped Vinyl - Limited To 500 - Brand New USD $10.04 Buy It Now 2 days
45Rpm New Record Album-The Beatles-P.S. I love you/Love me do-Pop USD $3.00 [1 bids]
Beatles Love Me Do.Orig UK Parlophone red label 7inch 45 quality copy V/G con USD $13.20 [10 bids]
The Beatles Love Me DO / I Feel Fine / Rock N' Roll Music EMI Records A-980 1964 USD $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Love Me Do P.S. I Love You Tollie Picture Sleeve & 7" 45 rpm T 9008 USD $107.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Vinyl 7" Single: The Beatles : Love Me Do : Double Sided Picture Vinyl USD $18.68 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES--"Love Me Do"/"P.S.I Love You"-- RARE Tollie Label--First Issue USD $4.00 [0 bids]
USD $5.20 Buy It Now
BEATLES JAPAN 3 INCH CD X 23 LOVE ME DO FROM ME TO YOU SHE LOVES YOU I FEEL FINE USD $1,999.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES Love Me Do 45 rpm w/ PICTURE SLEEVE Tollie 1964 USD $19.95 [1 bids]
Beatles' First Single-Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You (CD Used Very Good) USD $5.36 Buy It Now 3 days
NEAR MINT 1965 45 THE BEATLES Love Me Do STARLINE 6063 Green TOP COPY P.S. I You USD $234.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Love Me Do sealed cassingle cassette (John Lennon/Paul McCartney) USD $10.98 [0 bids]
Beatles capitol PS Love Me Do / PS I Love You USD $8.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles UK large hole 7 Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That USD $8.49 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - CD USD $21.94 Buy It Now 3 days
"THE BEATLES" 45RPM 3track EP Love me do/I feel fine/R&R Music A-980 Parlophone USD $26.08 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Love Me Do From the Album 20 Greatest Hits Capitol Records B-5189 USD $13.99 [0 bids]
USD $18.99 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES Love Me Do 1982 UK 7" Vinyl PICTURE DISC Single EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $25.13 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO & P.S. I LOVE YOU PARLOPHONE RE-ISSUE MONO 45 MINT USD $18.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - LIMITED EDITION BLUE VINYL STAR SHAPE 7" SINGLE USD $15.07 [0 bids]
BEATLES Love Me Do CD 3 Track In Digi-Pack B/W Ps I Love You And Love Me Do USD $11.17 Buy It Now 3 days
DOGS singing THE BEATLES hits CD comedy LOVE ME DO saw her standing there OB LA USD $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES love me do / p.s. i love you 7" VG T-9008 Tollie 1964 Record USD $21.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Love Me Do/ P.S. I Love You 7" Vinyl Single EX/EX USD $12.51 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES - Love Me Do CD3 8cm SINGLE JAPAN XP10-2051 1989 USD $45.15 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 45 ORIGINAL 1964 INDIAN PRESSING MADE IN INDIA USD $100.54 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE BEATLES Love Me Do ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(6%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(12%)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do reviews

Review by J-Man
3 stars This was basically The Beatles' first hit. It's what would get them to be known as one of the most popular bands ever. When it first debuted in England, it was a moderate success, peaking at #19 on the charts. In America, however, it was a number one for the future prog band.

Love Me Do is a decent early 60's tune written by the great Lennon/McCartney partnership. It is influenced by blues, and has a good rhythm. The harmonica sounds good, and I like the bass. This song isn't great or anything like that, but it's obvious that these guys were different than what had come before them. This is obviously something that could form a new genre, which in those days, was rock. With that said, I don't think this song is a particularly good early Beatles' song, but it's not bad.

The B side, P.S. I Love You, is significantly better than Side A. It has really nice vocal harmonies from some of the best voices of all time. It is a ballad with some nice guitar chords.

If you're interested where The Beatles came from, this is a good song that almost everyone has heard. It certainly doesn't compare to Abbey Road, but it holds its own, and is some of the best music of the early 60's.

Review by Guillermo
3 stars The version of "Love Me Do" which originally appeared on the first pressings of this single has Ringo Starr on drums, but the song also was recorded by the band with a session drummer called Andy White and with Ringo Starr playing a tambourine. This second version with White on drums appears on the "Please Please Me" album and since 1963 it also appeared in the single version. The version with Ringo on drums was also released on the "Past Masters Volume One" compilation album in 1988, but the version with White appears on other compilation albums like "1" (2000). So, the main difference between the two versions is the absence or the presence of a tambourine played by Ringo. The B-side, "P.S. I Love You" was recorded with Andy White on drums and with Ringo on maracas. This happened because at the start of their recording sessions with producer George Martin he didn`t like Pete Best` s drums playing (as he participated in their first recording session with their new record label), and Matin said that to the other three Beatles.When the time came for another recording session, Pete Best wasn`t in the band anymore and Ringo was the new drummer with the band, but as Martin wasn`t very impressed with Ringo`s drum`s playing then, Martin called White to participate in the recordings. Anyway, the single version included Ringo`s drums playing at least in the first pressings, and Martin didn`t use a session drummer again for the next recording sessions.There also was a preliminary recorded version of "Love Me Do" with Pete Best on drums which was released in the "Anthology 1" album from 1995, which is very different in the drums playing and it shows why Best was replaced as drummer as his playing is not as good as Ringo`s, in my opinion. Anyway, both songs in this single are very early efforts as songwriters by Lennon and McCartney, in my opinion, both being very simple songs. But with both being songs composed by members of the band, it was a new approach in the recording industry as many bands and soloists then only recorded songs composed by outside "professional songwriters". So, this single and their firts album contributed to that change, I think.

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love Me Do"