LOVE ME DO

The Beatles Love Me Do album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1962

1. Love Me Do (2:23)
10. P. S. I Love You (2:05)

Search THE BEATLES Love Me Do lyrics

U.K. Chart Detail :
Entry Date : 11th October 1962
Highest Position : 17
Weeks in Chart : 18 Weeks

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Me Do Music

The Beatles can't buy me love / you can't do that nr mint USD $1.86 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES: Love Me Do, Parlaphone Records, UK, OOP LP USD $8.99 [0 bids]
3m 42s
The Beatles ?- Love Me Do Parlophone ?- 45-R 4949 UK Vinyl 7" Single 45 USD $8.61 [0 bids]
42m 5s
The Beatles R5114 Can't Buy Me Love / Ypu Can;t Do That EX USD $3.70 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES-LOVE ME DO / PS I LOVE YOU-6.0/6.0 signed by Bob Barker... USD $160.00 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Love Me Do [Single] by The Beatles (CD, Capitol) USD $3.99 [1 bids]
The BEATLES You Can't Do That b/w Can't Buy Me Love 7" vinyl 45 rpm CAPITOL 1964 USD $8.95 Buy It Now 3h 19m
Beatles A6 Notebook (Love Me Do) BRAND NEW USD $6.18 [0 bids]
Beatles Love Me Do 7'' Vinyl Picture Disc Record USD $20.00 Buy It Now 3h 45m
1 by The Beatles CD 2000 Apple Capitol Love me do From Me to you She loves you USD $13.10 Buy It Now 3h 48m
BEATLES love me do - EMBROIDERED - SEW/IRON ON PATCH official merchandise USD $6.18 Buy It Now 3h 55m
The Beatles - 1962-1966 Part 1 8 Track Cartridge Apple 8XK3405 Love Me Do Help! USD $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 3m
THE BEATLES love me do 7" PICTURE Record 1962 UK vg USD $27.50 Buy It Now 4h 27m
The Beatles - Love Me Do - 50th Anniversary Reissue - 7" EU Vinyl 45 - New USD $12.37 Buy It Now 6h 6m
L@@K The Beatles Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You 45 (JUKE BOX SERIES) VG++ USD $7.49 [0 bids]
The Beatles/ Love Me Do/ Parlophone/ 20th Anniversary Picture Disc USD $19.14 Buy It Now 11h 45m
Beatles ORIG OZ 45 Love me do EX '64 Parlophone A8105 John Lennon Paul McCartney USD $13.54 Buy It Now 12h 34m
The Beatles 7" Love me do/PS i love you USD $9.29 [0 bids]
Beatles I Saw Her Standing There Love Me Do EMI Lennon Mccartney Parlophone 45LP USD $18.82 Buy It Now 15h 35m
THE BEATLES: LIVE AT THE BBC [LOVE ME DO,CAN'T BUY ME LOVE,TICKET TO RIDE+]2 CD USD $15.98 Buy It Now 19h 8m
Vintage Love Me Do The Beatles Progress Penguin Paperback Book 1964 USD $19.82 [6 bids]
The Beatles 7" Color Picture disc-CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN DO THAT USD $65.00 Buy It Now 23h 29m
The Beatles Love Me Do, P.S. I Love You 7" 45 Vinyl Record Parlophone 2012 NEW USD $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles - Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You Mint- 7" Vinyl USA 1964 Tollie T-9008 USD $50.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles...Love me do/PS I love You...picture disc..nice USD $19.99 [0 bids]
USD $29.99 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES 7" picture disc LOVE ME DO - PS I LOVE YOU RP 4949 USD $18.58 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That (Mono Starline) 45 RPM Vinyl USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles U.K. Limited 20th Anniversary 7" Picture Disc "Love Me Do" EMI 4949, NM USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES LOVE ME DO AR1094 EP xd1108 USD $4.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES: "LOVE ME DO" 45 SINGLE PICTURE DISC. SEALED. RARE. BY EMI MUSIC. USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles - Love Me Do - Plastic Travel Mug In Presentation Box USD $14.80 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles-Love Me Do (UK picture disc) Near Mint USD $22.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles 7" Color Picture disc-LOVE ME DO/P.S. LOVE YOU USD $65.00 [0 bids]
The BEATLES Love Me Do NM original '82 swirl Capitol 45 USD $5.99 [0 bids]
10-MINUTE TEACHER THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO GUITAR DVD TUTORIAL LEARN TO PLAY USD $9.04 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love You Can't Do 7" 45 PARLOPHON ITALIAN QMSP 16361 = OBO USD $32.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Introducing The Beatles [LP] Vee Jay 1062 Black Label Unofficial VG+ Love Me Do USD $22.56 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles You can't do that Can't buy me love CAPITOL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles - Love me do - Parlophone Records - 45 USD $12.37 [0 bids]
BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That UK 1984 7" picture disc edition BEAT USD $28.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 50th ANNIVERSARY MISS PRINTED CATALOGUE No.45- R 4714 USD $34.67 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles 45s - Love Me Do + From Me To You + We Can Work It Out - LISTEN ! USD $6.43 [2 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO ( PARL. 1 A 006-05265) EXTRA FOLDOUTPOSTER IN DUTCH USD $12.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles Singles Collection 1962 - 1970 7" Vinyl 45RPM Parlophone Records List 1 USD $37.15 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 50th ANNIVERSARY MISS PRINTED CATALOGUE No.45- R 4714 USD $33.43 [0 bids]
BEATLES Orig 1964 "Love Me Do" 45 VG++ USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles - Love Me Do/ P.S. I Love You - R4949 (7" Vinyl Single) Near Mint USD $12.32 Buy It Now 1 day
Love Me Do BEATLES Black Parlophone SOLD IN UK SIUK upper case Rim USD $278.69 Buy It Now 1 day
ROCK 45 BEATLES Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You 1964 Tollie T-9008 VG+ VINYL USD $2.99 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES 7" LOVE ME DO b/w PS I LOVE YOU PARLOPHONE PIC SLEEVE RE-ISSUE 80s USD $3.65 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Love Me Do UK Cassette 1991 Rare Card Slip Superb Copy Free UK Post. USD $4.45 [0 bids]
Parlophone 7" The Beatles" Love Me Do" 45-R4949 Mono USD $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO / PS I LOVE YOU Green Swirl Capitol 6062 STARLINE 45 EX USD $127.77 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES 7" CAN'T BUY ME LOVE b/w YOU CAN'T DO THAT. UK PARLOPHONE R5114 ' USD $8.05 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES love me do 12" Record SEALED PARLOPHONE 1962 IMPORT 12R 4949 USD $149.98 Buy It Now 2 days
MINT/M- BEATLES 45~LOVE ME DO/P.S. I LOVE YOU~OLDIES~Pressed in mid/late 1960s USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - CANT BUY ME LOVE -YOU CANT DO THAT 45 RPM CAPITOL RECORD 1988 USD $99.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 7" 1971 vintage vinyl record USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Love Me DO 12" single/mono USD $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - LIMITED EDITION BLUE VINYL STAR SHAPE 7" SINGLE USD $14.85 [0 bids]
BEATLES Love Me Do reissue 1 PAGE PRESS RELEASE 1995 USD $12.32 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES you can't do that/can't buy me love rare 45 SINGLE INDIA VG+ USD $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES SINGLES COLLECTION CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT USD $6.13 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES~LOVE ME DO~P. S. I LOVE YOU~TOLLIE 9008~~ POP 45 USD $44.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES-LOVE ME DO 7" USA TOLLIE 1964 VG+ USD $14.99 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES-LOVE ME DO Greek ONLY PS 1964 1st PRESS 4 faces ROSES sleeve USD $74.99 [0 bids]
INTRODUCING ... THE BEATLES MONO FIRST PRESS LOVE ME DO/P.S. I LOVE YOU USD $40.00 [1 bids]
L@@K THE BEATLES R 4949 ~ P.S. I LOVE YOU / LOVE ME DO USD $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 7" VINYL 2012 MISPRESS WITHDRAWN 45-R 4949 / 45-R 4714 USD $30.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Ringo Starr "La De Da" / "Love Me Do" UK/EU (1998) Mercury Single CD The Beatles USD $11.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love b/w You Can't Do That Danish 45PS 1964 USD $14.55 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles 45 LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU ~ Tollie VG- USD $5.00 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES special 12" Single-rare recording of LOVE ME DO+20 Greatest Hits LP! USD $1.99 [2 bids]
BEATLES - CAPITOL 5150 "CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT" - 45 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
the BEATLES 45 Record ~ P.S. I LOVE YOU / LOVE ME DO 7" 45 - FAST SHIPPER USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Sixties 7" single - Beatles - Love Me Do - UK Red Parlophone Reissue R4949 Used USD $24.77 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/ YOU CAN'T DO THAT 1964 45 USD $7.50 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO & P.S. I LOVE YOU PARLOPHONE RE-ISSUE MONO 45 MINT USD $19.57 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES "LOVE ME DO" POP OUT GREETING, CHRISTMAS CARD BLANK INSIDE SEALED USD $6.18 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES - Love Me Do -WITHDRAWN version UK 50th Anniversary Vinyl 7" USD $30.97 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES ON CANADIAN CAPITOL 72076 A-B RARE, LOVE ME DO,P.S.I LOVE YOU VG+ USD $7.66 [0 bids]
BEATLES PARLOPHONE (red label) 45rpm: Love me do (UK) REISSUE USD $2.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles- Love Me Do (VG+) USD $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles "Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That" Capitol 5150 Original '64 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
USD $14.99 Buy It Now
1971 Beatles 12" LP NEAR MINT Apple/Capitol ST 2309 Love Me Do Twist Shout Anna USD $99.98 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - 45-R4949 FIRST PRESS - ZT TAX CODE - RARE ERROR LABEL USD $150.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Love Me Do From the Album 20 Greatest Hits Capitol Records B-5189 USD $12.99 [0 bids]
USD $16.99 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES E.P. "LOVE ME DO" OZ 7" RECORD USD $11.30 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES 45 R 4949 BLACK PARLOPHone LOVE ME DO rare SINGLE INDIA INDIAN VG USD $39.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES Love Me Do CASSETTE UK Parlophone 1991 2 Track In Card Slipcase B/W Ps USD $8.41 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES love me do 12" Record PARLOPHONE 1962 12R 4949 USD $34.06 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES Love Me Do 7" VINYL UK Parlophone 1982 Pic Disc B/W P.S. I Love You USD $17.51 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES Love Me Do CD UK Parlophone 1992 3 Track In Digi-Pack B/W Ps I Love You USD $11.01 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love c/w You Can't Do That OR/330 7" JAPAN 45 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love c/w You Can't Do That AR/400 7" JAPAN 45 USD $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - All My Loving c/w Love Me Do OR/370 7" JAPAN RED VINYL 45 USD $79.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles: Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That - Capitol 5150 (1964, 45rpm) USD $5.97 Buy It Now 3 days
# ROLLING STONES KISS the beatles AC/DC guns n roses OFFICIAL RUBBER WRISTBAND USD $6.18 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES Can'T Buy Me Love 7" Ps, B/W You Can'T Do That, R 5114 USD $7.42 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles / Love Me Do / PS I Love You / 1964 Press / Play Tested /EX/NM USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE BEATLES Love Me Do ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(6%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(12%)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do reviews

Review by J-Man
3 stars This was basically The Beatles' first hit. It's what would get them to be known as one of the most popular bands ever. When it first debuted in England, it was a moderate success, peaking at #19 on the charts. In America, however, it was a number one for the future prog band.

Love Me Do is a decent early 60's tune written by the great Lennon/McCartney partnership. It is influenced by blues, and has a good rhythm. The harmonica sounds good, and I like the bass. This song isn't great or anything like that, but it's obvious that these guys were different than what had come before them. This is obviously something that could form a new genre, which in those days, was rock. With that said, I don't think this song is a particularly good early Beatles' song, but it's not bad.

The B side, P.S. I Love You, is significantly better than Side A. It has really nice vocal harmonies from some of the best voices of all time. It is a ballad with some nice guitar chords.

If you're interested where The Beatles came from, this is a good song that almost everyone has heard. It certainly doesn't compare to Abbey Road, but it holds its own, and is some of the best music of the early 60's.

Review by Guillermo
3 stars The version of "Love Me Do" which originally appeared on the first pressings of this single has Ringo Starr on drums, but the song also was recorded by the band with a session drummer called Andy White and with Ringo Starr playing a tambourine. This second version with White on drums appears on the "Please Please Me" album and since 1963 it also appeared in the single version. The version with Ringo on drums was also released on the "Past Masters Volume One" compilation album in 1988, but the version with White appears on other compilation albums like "1" (2000). So, the main difference between the two versions is the absence or the presence of a tambourine played by Ringo. The B-side, "P.S. I Love You" was recorded with Andy White on drums and with Ringo on maracas. This happened because at the start of their recording sessions with producer George Martin he didn`t like Pete Best` s drums playing (as he participated in their first recording session with their new record label), and Matin said that to the other three Beatles.When the time came for another recording session, Pete Best wasn`t in the band anymore and Ringo was the new drummer with the band, but as Martin wasn`t very impressed with Ringo`s drum`s playing then, Martin called White to participate in the recordings. Anyway, the single version included Ringo`s drums playing at least in the first pressings, and Martin didn`t use a session drummer again for the next recording sessions.There also was a preliminary recorded version of "Love Me Do" with Pete Best on drums which was released in the "Anthology 1" album from 1995, which is very different in the drums playing and it shows why Best was replaced as drummer as his playing is not as good as Ringo`s, in my opinion. Anyway, both songs in this single are very early efforts as songwriters by Lennon and McCartney, in my opinion, both being very simple songs. But with both being songs composed by members of the band, it was a new approach in the recording industry as many bands and soloists then only recorded songs composed by outside "professional songwriters". So, this single and their firts album contributed to that change, I think.

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love Me Do"