LOVE ME DO

The Beatles Love Me Do album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1962

1. Love Me Do (2:23)
10. P. S. I Love You (2:05)

- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals

U.K. Chart Detail :
Entry Date : 11th October 1962
Highest Position : 17
Weeks in Chart : 18 Weeks

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

Buy THE BEATLES Love Me Do Music

The Beatles "Love Me Do" 12" 45rpm record USD $22.50 Buy It Now 3h 16m
BEATLES - Love Me Do - CD - Maxi Import - **Mint Condition** USD $19.95 Buy It Now 4h 42m
BEATLES - Love Me Do - CD - Maxi Import - **BRAND NEW/STILL SEALED** USD $20.75 Buy It Now 4h 42m
The Beatles - Love Me Do Why PS I Love You [New CD] France - Import USD $16.35 Buy It Now 5h 7m
" THE BEATLES, INTRODUCING THE BEATLES,(VJ 1062) PS I LOVE YOU/LOVE ME DO,NICE" USD $375.00 Buy It Now 5h 14m
BEATLES - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That (3" ) - CD - Single - SEALED/NEW USD $19.75 Buy It Now 5h 30m
BEATLES - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That (3" ) - CD - Single - Excellent USD $18.95 Buy It Now 5h 39m
The Beatles - Love Me Do Why PS I Love You [New CD] France - Import USD $16.54 Buy It Now 5h 47m
10-MINUTE TEACHER THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO GUITAR DVD TUTORIAL LEARN TO PLAY USD $9.20 Buy It Now 6h 45m
The Beatles - Love Me Do (Vinyl) USD $21.02 Buy It Now 6h 52m
THE BEATLES love me do / p.s i love you JUKEBOX STRIP 45 USD $8.49 Buy It Now 7h 32m
BEATLES LOVE ME DO & HEY JUDE + 23 MORE COVER VERSIONS TOPS IN POPS OF THE 60's USD $6.94 Buy It Now 8h 25m
THE BEATLES, LOVE ME DO, P.S. I LOVE YOU, PICTURE DISC, EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $22.42 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO THE BEATLES PROGRESS 1964 FIRST ISSUE AWESOME CONDITION USD $74.31 [0 bids]
BEATLES: Can't Buy Me Love / You can't Do That GREEN WAX Capitol 45 NM USD $12.00 Buy It Now 14h 41m
the BEATLES Rare Tollie Record *Love Me Do/P.S.I Love You* 45 rpm Vinyl RSD Sale USD $9.95 Buy It Now 17h 6m
BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love RARE Sweden 45 ORANGE SLEEVE swedish You Can't Do That USD $16.50 [3 bids]
BEATLES - Love Me Do ~ 7" Single PS USD $25.93 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Framed Print Poster Sgt Pepper John Lennon Abbey Road Cavern 30x40cm USD $23.83 Buy It Now 1 day
45RPM Record - The Beatles 1964 'Can't buy me love/ You can't do that' USD $5.60 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles. Record Label Vinyl Sticker. Parlophone. Apple. USD $2.80 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 7" 45rpm BLACK VINYL USD $20.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES CANT BY ME LOVE c/w YOU CANT DO THAT PARLOPHONE LABEL1964 1ST PRESS USD $8.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles Love Me Do / P. S. I Love You UK Cd Single Mono USD $44.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO RED PARLOPHONE BOWL/DISH OTHERS LISTED BEST ON EBAY USD $14.01 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES ~CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CANT DO THAT~ R5114 from Singles Collection USD $11.92 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES can't buy me love*you can't do that 1964 UK ORIOLE CONTRACT PRESSING USD $8.40 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - 11 page special feature - Uncut Magazine January 2007 USD $1.39 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - US ISSUE 7" OLDIES 45 OL-151 / 1964 EX USD $5.60 [0 bids]
Beatles Limited Edition 7" Vinyl Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That USD $50.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES " CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT " (PARLOPHONE) 1964 EX USD $2.38 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO PICTURE DISC (RP 4949) USD $15.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles- UK Import - Can't Buy Me Love -You Can't Do That - ParlophoneR 5114 USD $50.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles 'Love Me Do' : Mini Mugs USD $5.61 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO THE BEATLES PROGRESS 1964 FIRST EDITION LOVELY CONDITION USD $91.14 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles - Can't But Me Love b/w You Can't Do - Green Vinyl 45 rpm Single - New USD $19.96 Buy It Now 1 day
"7"-The Beatles-Love Me Do~Rare Later Capitol Pressing USD $12.99 [0 bids]
SCARCE 1st Beatles 45 w/ Picture Sleeve TOLLIE Love Me Do USD $22.95 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Love me do 7" US Tollie press USD $60.00 Buy It Now 1 day
1964 "THE BEATLES" (LOVE ME DO-P.S. I LOVE YOU) T-9008 BY TOLLIE RECORDS USD $8.95 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles - Love me do 7" US press Tollie VG USD $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES <> UNPLAYED <> 1982 PROMO ONLY LOVE ME DO 7" VINYL SINGLE USD $10.00 [0 bids]
Capitol 5150 The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 1964 7" 45 RPM USD $34.48 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES 2 x UK PIC 7" DISCS "PLEASE PLEASE ME""LOVE ME DO" USD $20.33 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Love Me Do 45 single Picture Sleeve.  near MINT USD $5.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Love Me Do 7" Parlophone ?R 4949 Picture Sleeve USD $12.06 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES Love Me Do 7" 50th Anniversary 2nd Issue USD $18.22 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles CD Single Card Sleeve Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't do that USD $14.02 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles CD Single Card Sleeve Love Me Do / PS I LOve You USD $14.02 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1964 USA TOLLIE 45 LOVE ME DO RARE LABEL VARIATION USD $42.05 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES -Love Me Do- UK Picture disc with rare stickered PVC Sleeve USD $50.47 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles 45 Lot Apple VJ Tollie Records Vinyl Love Me Do She Loves You Rare Lot USD $20.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles 1 Cd 60's Love Me Do From Me To You She Loves You A Hard Days Night USD $1.39 [0 bids]
BEATLES--7'-GREEN VINTL 45--(CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT)---NEAR MINT. USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES + Love Me Do - 50th Anniversary Edition Single + NM + made in EU+ USD $12.98 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Love Me Do...plus - Beat 60s 70s USD $20.15 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - Love Me Do...plus - Beat 60s 70s USD $23.92 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You 7" VG+ T-9008 Yellow Label Vinyl 45 USD $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles "Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You" Oldies 45 USD $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles Love me do Parlophone RP 4949 EX Picture disc USD $1.39 [1 bids]
7" VARIOUS Cannon Hits Of Today 45 EP THE SPARROWS Love Me Do (BEATLES Cover) USD $42.07 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES LOVE ME DO PARLOPHONE 45 R 4949 EU MONO VINYL 7 USD $5.50 [2 bids]
THE BEATLES HITS UK MONO PARLOPHONE 7" EP . Please please me. Love me do. USD $4.89 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO THE BEATLES PROGRESS 1964 FIRST ISSUE LOVELY CONDITION USD $70.10 [0 bids]
The Beatles 7" Love Me Do Vinyl 50th Anniversary Misprint 45-R 4714 Limited USD $25.94 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Love Me Do XP10-2051 CD JAPAN 1988 8cm Single USD $48.08 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES PAST MASTERS VOLUME ONE & VOLUME TWO. Love Me Do to Let It Be +31 USD $1.04 [2 bids]
BEATLES Introducing.. STEREO LP VEE-JAY RE-1 Black Lbl. w/ LOVE ME DO Back Cover USD $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES ALL MY LOVING / LOVE ME DO 45 7" APPLE JAPAN RED WAX AR-1094 USD $499.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES 1988 UK 3 INCH CD SINGLE LOVE ME DO USD $28.03 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Japan 3" CD single "Love Me Do/P.S I Love You" USD $9.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love & You Can't Do That 45 rpm 7" record BRAND NEW RARE USD $34.53 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - 1962-1966 (1993) 2CD Collection ft Love Me Do Yesterday Help! USD $14.02 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES GUMMY BAND: LOVE ME DO Official Merchandise NEW AND BAGGED USD $5.60 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES "Love Me Do" Tollie 9008 USD $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES: CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT - UK original release GOOD) USD $2.10 [0 bids]
Beatles - Love Me Do b/w P.S. I Love You, Rare Picture Disc.  Near Mint USD $5.95 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES . CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT . USD $8.40 [0 bids]
BEATLES CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT parlophone 5114 pop '60's 45 rpm USD $16.13 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles--Love me Do--Picture Sleeve----Red Label -45 USD $19.19 [0 bids]
Beatles 7" PICTURE DISC 45 Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You 1983  USD $15.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES PICTURE SLEEVE AND RECORD LOVE ME DO PARLOPHONE NEAR MINT USD $50.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Love Me Do JAPAN LP Record TOKP-7085 1992 USD $52.86 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES PICTURE SLEEVE AND RECORD LOVE ME DO CAPITOL NEAR MINT USD $65.00 [0 bids]
Beatles Introducing The Beatles Ver. 1 Love Me Do P.S. I Love You Veejay Oval LP USD $785.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles Can't Buy Me Love/You Cant Do That 2011 Repo NM Limited Edition 7" Vinyl USD $55.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES Love Me Do ?JAPAN ORIGINAL? Odeon MONO AUDIOPHILE w/OBI & INSERT NM/NM- USD $58.00 [0 bids]
Beatles - 7" Single - Love Me Do -1982 - B-5189 - DJ COPY - Sleeve and record USD $24.50 [0 bids]
*<* SALE! BEATLES "CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT": CLEAN VG+ CANADIAN 45!! USD $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Love Me Do/PS I Love You (MINT) 7" Picture Disc USD $35.04 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles - Love Me Do - 7" Single - Custom Sleeve - UK - 2012 - NEW USD $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles CD "LOVE ME DO" Parlophone ORIGINAL Recording - 3 Tracks USD $21.46 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles 45 "LOVE ME DO" Tollie T-9008 Yellow Label THIN BLACK Print USD $58.46 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles "love me do" 1962 uk, sheet music. ( Very Rare ) USD $666.09 Buy It Now 4 days
Various - Love Me Do - 50 Songs That Shaped The Beatles (CD) NEW/SEALED USD $5.61 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES:THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION 1962-1964~2016 Coda CD Inc. Love Me Do~NEW USD $5.60 [0 bids]
BEATLES "Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You" Rare GREEN BOX TOLLIE 9008 Strong VG USD $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES,"Can't Buy Me Love"/"You Can't Do That" NEW 45rpm USD $12.98 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles "LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU" Tollie 9008 USD $99.00 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES Love Me Do DEMO 1st Original UK MINT REPLICA EMI ACETATE SINGLE 7INCH 45 USD $33.64 [0 bids]

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE BEATLES Love Me Do ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(17%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(11%)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do reviews

Review by J-Man
3 stars This was basically The Beatles' first hit. It's what would get them to be known as one of the most popular bands ever. When it first debuted in England, it was a moderate success, peaking at #19 on the charts. In America, however, it was a number one for the future prog band.

Love Me Do is a decent early 60's tune written by the great Lennon/McCartney partnership. It is influenced by blues, and has a good rhythm. The harmonica sounds good, and I like the bass. This song isn't great or anything like that, but it's obvious that these guys were different than what had come before them. This is obviously something that could form a new genre, which in those days, was rock. With that said, I don't think this song is a particularly good early Beatles' song, but it's not bad.

The B side, P.S. I Love You, is significantly better than Side A. It has really nice vocal harmonies from some of the best voices of all time. It is a ballad with some nice guitar chords.

If you're interested where The Beatles came from, this is a good song that almost everyone has heard. It certainly doesn't compare to Abbey Road, but it holds its own, and is some of the best music of the early 60's.

Review by Guillermo
3 stars The version of "Love Me Do" which originally appeared on the first pressings of this single has Ringo Starr on drums, but the song also was recorded by the band with a session drummer called Andy White and with Ringo Starr playing a tambourine. This second version with White on drums appears on the "Please Please Me" album and since 1963 it also appeared in the single version. The version with Ringo on drums was also released on the "Past Masters Volume One" compilation album in 1988, but the version with White appears on other compilation albums like "1" (2000). So, the main difference between the two versions is the absence or the presence of a tambourine played by Ringo. The B-side, "P.S. I Love You" was recorded with Andy White on drums and with Ringo on maracas. This happened because at the start of their recording sessions with producer George Martin he didn`t like Pete Best` s drums playing (as he participated in their first recording session with their new record label), and Matin said that to the other three Beatles.When the time came for another recording session, Pete Best wasn`t in the band anymore and Ringo was the new drummer with the band, but as Martin wasn`t very impressed with Ringo`s drum`s playing then, Martin called White to participate in the recordings. Anyway, the single version included Ringo`s drums playing at least in the first pressings, and Martin didn`t use a session drummer again for the next recording sessions.There also was a preliminary recorded version of "Love Me Do" with Pete Best on drums which was released in the "Anthology 1" album from 1995, which is very different in the drums playing and it shows why Best was replaced as drummer as his playing is not as good as Ringo`s, in my opinion. Anyway, both songs in this single are very early efforts as songwriters by Lennon and McCartney, in my opinion, both being very simple songs. But with both being songs composed by members of the band, it was a new approach in the recording industry as many bands and soloists then only recorded songs composed by outside "professional songwriters". So, this single and their firts album contributed to that change, I think.

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love Me Do"