LOVE ME DO

The Beatles Love Me Do album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1962

1. Love Me Do (2:23)
10. P. S. I Love You (2:05)

Search THE BEATLES Love Me Do lyrics

U.K. Chart Detail :
Entry Date : 11th October 1962
Highest Position : 17
Weeks in Chart : 18 Weeks

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Me Do Music

BEATLES Love Me Do / P. S. I Love You (1964 U.S. 45 & PS) LISTEN MP3 USD $11.99 [1 bids]
BEATLES Love Me Do reissue 1 PAGE PRESS RELEASE 1995 USD $13.02 Buy It Now 5h 29m
Beatles 7" vinyl single record Love Me Do - 20th - EX UK 45-R4949 PARLOPHONE USD $16.94 Buy It Now 6h 33m
THE BEATLES you can't do that/can't buy me love rare 45 SINGLE INDIA VG+ USD $39.99 Buy It Now 7h 56m
THE BEATLES Love Me Do TOLLIE USD $15.00 Buy It Now 8h 22m
THE BEATLES -(45)- LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU - TOLLIE RECORDS T-9008 - 1964 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 8h 52m
THE BEATLES - 7" Single - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT - R5114 USD $9.15 Buy It Now 9h 10m
BEATLES~LOVE ME DO~P. S. I LOVE YOU~TOLLIE 9008~~ POP 45 USD $44.99 Buy It Now 9h 18m
BEATLES Love Me Do 7" Red Label Design Reissue B/w Ps I Love You (r4949) Pic Sle USD $10.26 Buy It Now 13h 20m
BEATLES Love Me Do 7" Pic Disc B/w P.s. I Love You (rp4949) UK Parlophone 1982 USD $18.50 Buy It Now 13h 21m
Ringo Starr "La De Da" / "Love Me Do" UK/EU (1998) Mercury Single CD The Beatles USD $15.00 Buy It Now 15h 26m
The Beatles / Love Me Do / PS I Love You / 1964 Press / Play Tested /EX/NM USD $16.99 Buy It Now 15h 47m
THE BEATLES . CAN'T BUY ME LOVE . / YOU CAN'T DO THAT . 1964 USD $4.30 [0 bids]
Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You [Single] by The Beatles (CD, Dec-2012, Wonderful... USD $5.64 Buy It Now 17h 29m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO & P.S. I LOVE YOU PARLOPHONE RE-ISSUE MONO 45 MINT USD $21.99 Buy It Now 17h 50m
BEATLES TOLLIE T-9008 P.S. I Love You b/w Love Me Do-- thick print Tollie logo USD $9.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES TOLLIE T-9008 P.S. I Love You b/w Love Me Do-- thin print Tollie logo USD $9.00 [0 bids]
Beatles Love Me Do Red Label 4949 without Made In Great Britain PT T/Code Ex+ USD $16.36 [5 bids]
BEATLES Love Me Do CASSETTE 2 Track In Card Slipcase B/w Ps I Love You (tcr4949) USD $10.26 Buy It Now 19h 13m
The Beatles- Love Me Do (VG+) USD $25.00 Buy It Now 20h 38m
The Beatles Love Me Do Women's Knee-high Socks Official Merchandise Size 4-7 UK USD $7.18 Buy It Now 20h 38m
The Beatles 7" Color Picture disc-CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN DO THAT USD $65.00 Buy It Now 21h 17m
The Beatles 7" Color Picture disc-LOVE ME DO/P.S. LOVE YOU USD $65.00 Buy It Now 21h 18m
Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You [Single] by The Beatles. 45. 2009 reissue. USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES " LOVE ME DO " EX+" COND.IN " EX " PRESENTATION SL. USD $3.78 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO MEGA RARE 12" UNCUT PICTURE DISC PROMO SINGLE LP NM USD $179.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES 45 R 4949 BLACK PARLOPHone LOVE ME DO rare SINGLE INDIA INDIAN VG USD $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - LIMITED 7" GREEN APPLE SHAPED RECORD - NEW / UNPLAYED USD $15.69 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - LIMITED EDITION WHITE VINYL STAR SHAPE 7" SINGLE USD $15.69 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES-LOVE ME, DO/I SAW HER STANDING THERE-45 RPM USD $14.86 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles: Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That - Capitol 5150 (1964, 45rpm) USD $5.97 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES: Love Me Do, Tollie Records, OOP 45! USD $8.99 [0 bids]
ROLLING STONES pink floyd KISS the beatles AC/DC guns n roses RUBBER WRISTBAND USD $6.53 Buy It Now 1 day
10-MINUTE TEACHER THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO GUITAR DVD TUTORIAL LEARN TO PLAY USD $8.93 Buy It Now 1 day
Philippines Beatles Can't buy me love/You can't do that 7" 45rpm USD $15.00 [0 bids]
Beatles, Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - LIMITED EDITION BLUE VINYL STAR SHAPE 7" SINGLE USD $15.69 [0 bids]
7" Single - Love Me Do, The Beatles, 1980's Re-release Picture Sleeve USD $2.62 [0 bids]
R 5114 The Beatles - You Cant Do That / Cant Buy Me Love - 1964 USD $13.08 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles "Love Me Do" 20th Anniversary re-release 1982 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
Beatles Love Me Do.Orig 62' red label 7inch 45 NO MIGB label wording.V/G plus USD $18.97 [6 bids]
THE BEATLES,"Can't Buy Me Love"/"You Can't Do That" NEW 45rpm USD $13.98 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES 'LOVE ME DO " MAXI CD SINGLE USD $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Persuasions Sing the Beatles/CD NEW SEALED COME TOGETHER LOVE ME DO USD $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles 7" PICTURE DISC 45 Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You 1983 UK ISSUE USD $24.98 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES Love Me Do EAS27005 12" ev2118 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES LOVE ME DO / PS I LOVE YOU 45RPM TOLLIE T9008 (RARE WHITE LABEL PROMO) USD $400.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES ~love me do/P.S. I love you PARLOPHONE(EMI)1982 45 record Nm-! USD $11.50 Buy It Now 1 day
7" EP the BEATLES' HITS Aussie sleeve; rarity; please, please me; love me do USD $36.49 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO & P.S. I LOVE YOU PARLOPHONE RE-ISSUE MONO 45 MINT USD $18.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO PS ,+TOLLIE BLACK VINYL 45,V+++TO ABT M- USD $110.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - Love Me Do / PS I Love You 12" 45rpm Mono Vinyl Single Rare 1982 USD $17.65 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - HITS EP 7" SINGLE PLEASE PLEASE ME,LOVE ME DO... B4 USD $19.61 Buy It Now 2 days
RECORD 45 ~ THE BEATLES ~ CAN'T BUY ME LOVE & YOU CAN'T DO THAT ~ FROM 1964 ~ USD $3.91 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles 45 "LOVE ME DO" "P.C. I LOVE YOU" Tollie T-9008 Yellow Label USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO OOP UK RED LABEL PARLOPHONE RE-ISSUE! USD $6.20 Buy It Now 2 days
1964 ORIGINAL VINTAGE BEATLES USA TOLLIE 45 RECORD LOVE ME DO ~ RARE LABEL USD $30.00 Buy It Now 2 days
w SLEEVE The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 1964 45rpm VG+ USD $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1964 USA TOLLIE 45 LOVE ME DO PICTURE SLEEVE USD $39.24 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES * CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT (1964) * 7" VINYL * JUKEBOX USD $5.22 Buy It Now 2 days
Live at the BBC by The Beatles (2 Disc CD) Love Me Do, Riding on a Bus, USD $19.08 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES *LOVE ME DO / PS I LOVE YOU* tollie T-9008* Black Print/Green Print? USD $30.00 Buy It Now 2 days
CD The BEATLES Love Me Do/Baby It's You mono 2 disc lot John/Paul/George/Ringo USD $12.49 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES.CAN'T BUY ME LOVE / YOU CAN'T DO THAT.UK ORIG "NCB 1ST P" 7" (1N/1N).VG+ USD $11.45 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES PICTURE CD : LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU USD $1.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO PLATINUM DISC 7" SINGLE RECORD AWARD USD $65.41 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - Hits EP rare 1963 from me to you love me do please please me USD $9.16 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 20th ANNIVERSARY SINGLES / LOVE ME DO / I FEEL FINE / PLEASE PLEASE USD $39.25 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles 1989 EMI Records 20th Anniversary 45 Picture Disc: Love Me Do USD $45.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Official The Beatles - Love Me Do - Sew On Patch USD $6.48 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES-LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU 1964 TOLLIE RECORDS 7" 45 T-9008 VG-VG+ USD $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES "LOVE ME DO" THE BEATLES PROGRESS 1964 FIRST ISSUE AWESOME CONDITION USD $45.78 [0 bids]
Introducing... The Beatles, Vee Jay VJLP 1062, Love Me Do & P.S. I Love You USD $22.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Tollie Record Beatles Love Me Do /P.S. I Love You 45 no sleeve - SCT USD $29.99 [0 bids]
Beatles 45 Love Me Do 1963 VG+ Rare Canada Capitol 72076 Ringo Starr On Drums USD $9.00 [0 bids]
Beatles 45 "LOVE ME DO" Tollie T-9008 Yellow Label Black Print USD $30.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Early Beatles 8 Track Tape "Love me do", "Twist & Shout", "Beethoven" USD $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
the beatles love me do made in NZ New Zealand 60s USD $40.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Love Me Do/P.S I Love You 1982 REISSUE RED LABEL PARLOPHONE 7" VINYL USD $23.55 Buy It Now 3 days
Lot of 2 1964 Beatles 45 RPM Records: She Loves You Swan and Love Me Do Tollie USD $9.99 [0 bids]
USD $17.99 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES Love Me Do 2012 UK 2nd press vinyl 7" Ringo version NEW/UNPLAYED USD $19.61 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES 'LOVE ME DO' 7'' RE-ISSUE (PICTURE SLEEVE) - FREE POST USD $5.23 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES: PS I Love You / Love Me Do OLDIES USA 45 Scarce VG+ USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles 45 P.S. I Love You b/w Love Me Do CAPITOL B-5189 orange yellow swirl USD $7.29 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES PICTURE DISC " LOVE ME DO USD $25.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES " LOVE ME DO " PROMO USD $15.00 [0 bids]
V:INYL The Beatles Love Me Do Uk Parlophone single with SOLD text VG- 7" 45 USD $91.59 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Love Me Do, Please Please Me, Thank You... orig. 7" 45 rpm singles USD $18.49 [0 bids]
Beatles Love Me Do.Orig UK Parlophone red label 7inch 45 quality copy V/G plus USD $8.50 [2 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 50th ANNIVERSARY MISS PRINTED CATALOGUE No.45- R 4714 USD $26.15 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That - 7" US Green Vinyl 45 - New USD $14.38 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO P.S. I LOVE YOU PICTURE DISC USD $35.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles Love Me Do UK 7" vinyl picture disc single RP4949 PARLOPHONE 1982 USD $36.57 Buy It Now 4 days
Love Me Do - 1982 Beatles 7" vinyl single record UK R4949 PARLOPHONE 1982 USD $16.94 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That UK 1984 7" picture disc edition BEAT USD $28.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The beatles love me do single by emi USD $13.08 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles - Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You 45 Tollie 9008 vg+ USD $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES "CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT" 1964 CAPITOL 45 RPM USD $7.00 [0 bids]
USD $9.10 Buy It Now
Beatles 3 inch cd single love me do p s l love you great condition USD $13.07 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES HITS EP - PARLOPHONE GEP 8880 - 1963 - PLEASE, PLEASE ME. LOVE ME DO USD $5.89 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(12%)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do reviews

Review by J-Man
3 stars This was basically The Beatles' first hit. It's what would get them to be known as one of the most popular bands ever. When it first debuted in England, it was a moderate success, peaking at #19 on the charts. In America, however, it was a number one for the future prog band.

Love Me Do is a decent early 60's tune written by the great Lennon/McCartney partnership. It is influenced by blues, and has a good rhythm. The harmonica sounds good, and I like the bass. This song isn't great or anything like that, but it's obvious that these guys were different than what had come before them. This is obviously something that could form a new genre, which in those days, was rock. With that said, I don't think this song is a particularly good early Beatles' song, but it's not bad.

The B side, P.S. I Love You, is significantly better than Side A. It has really nice vocal harmonies from some of the best voices of all time. It is a ballad with some nice guitar chords.

If you're interested where The Beatles came from, this is a good song that almost everyone has heard. It certainly doesn't compare to Abbey Road, but it holds its own, and is some of the best music of the early 60's.

Review by Guillermo
3 stars The version of "Love Me Do" which originally appeared on the first pressings of this single has Ringo Starr on drums, but the song also was recorded by the band with a session drummer called Andy White and with Ringo Starr playing a tambourine. This second version with White on drums appears on the "Please Please Me" album and since 1963 it also appeared in the single version. The version with Ringo on drums was also released on the "Past Masters Volume One" compilation album in 1988, but the version with White appears on other compilation albums like "1" (2000). So, the main difference between the two versions is the absence or the presence of a tambourine played by Ringo. The B-side, "P.S. I Love You" was recorded with Andy White on drums and with Ringo on maracas. This happened because at the start of their recording sessions with producer George Martin he didn`t like Pete Best` s drums playing (as he participated in their first recording session with their new record label), and Matin said that to the other three Beatles.When the time came for another recording session, Pete Best wasn`t in the band anymore and Ringo was the new drummer with the band, but as Martin wasn`t very impressed with Ringo`s drum`s playing then, Martin called White to participate in the recordings. Anyway, the single version included Ringo`s drums playing at least in the first pressings, and Martin didn`t use a session drummer again for the next recording sessions.There also was a preliminary recorded version of "Love Me Do" with Pete Best on drums which was released in the "Anthology 1" album from 1995, which is very different in the drums playing and it shows why Best was replaced as drummer as his playing is not as good as Ringo`s, in my opinion. Anyway, both songs in this single are very early efforts as songwriters by Lennon and McCartney, in my opinion, both being very simple songs. But with both being songs composed by members of the band, it was a new approach in the recording industry as many bands and soloists then only recorded songs composed by outside "professional songwriters". So, this single and their firts album contributed to that change, I think.

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love Me Do"

Other sites in the MAC network: JazzMusicArchives.com — jazz music reviews and archives | MetalMusicArchives.com — metal music revuew and archives