LOVE ME DO

The Beatles Love Me Do album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1962

1. Love Me Do (2:23)
10. P. S. I Love You (2:05)

Search THE BEATLES Love Me Do lyrics

U.K. Chart Detail :
Entry Date : 11th October 1962
Highest Position : 17
Weeks in Chart : 18 Weeks

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Love Me Do Music

Beatles,Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That1964 - Capitol swirl-Vg- USD $11.99 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Beatles - Love Me Do Why Ps I Love You (CD New) USD $19.41 Buy It Now 3h 31m
Beatles Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That 7" colored vinyl 45 Capitol 17690 USD $20.00 Buy It Now 3h 52m
THE BEATLES - YOU CAN'T DO THAT / CAN'T BUY ME LOVE (45) USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 13m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO TONIGHT ULTRA RARE CASSINGLE IN CARD SLEEVE! USD $20.41 Buy It Now 8h 19m
Beatles: PS I Love You B/W Love Me Do 45 Tollie T9008 VG USD $11.99 [0 bids]
USD $17.99 Buy It Now
10-MINUTE TEACHER THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO GUITAR DVD TUTORIAL LEARN TO PLAY USD $7.33 Buy It Now 11h 27m
The Beatles - Can't buy me love / You can't do that 7" vinyl (rare 1st pressing) USD $1.55 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Cant buy me love / You can't do that Parlophone R5114 Classic USD $15.63 Buy It Now 13h 9m
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - ORIGINAL 1962 1ST PRESS 7" VINYL SINGLE - VG USD $242.34 Buy It Now 14h 46m
THE BEATLES Official Band Merch Silicone ROCKBAND Embossed - LOVE ME DO USD $4.68 Buy It Now 15h 35m
The Beatles - Love Me Do 3 Track Pc Cover 45 Rpm Record USD $16.29 Buy It Now 15h 54m
Beatles "Love Me Do"/ "P.S I Love You"/Pic.Sl. and Vinyl/VG+ USD $39.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES OFFICIAL MERCHANDISE LOVE ME DO RED SOCKS USD $7.04 Buy It Now 17h 3m
THE BEATLES Love Me Do P.S. I Love You 50th Anniversary UK Vinyl Record 7" RINGO USD $20.77 Buy It Now 17h 11m
Love Me Do Why Ps I Love You - Beatles New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping USD $31.46 Buy It Now 19h 18m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU OLDIES 45 OL-151 USD $25.00 Buy It Now 19h 41m
THE BEATLES-LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU 1964 TOLLIE RECORDS 7" 45 T-9008 VG-VG+ USD $5.99 Buy It Now 19h 46m
Beatles 45 rpm "Love Me Do" / "P.S. I Love You" Tollie Records T-9008 1964 USD $54.95 Buy It Now 20h 53m
Beatles - Love Me Do Why Ps I Love You [CD New] USD $24.55 Buy It Now 21h 36m
The BEATLES -- Love me do / P.S. I love you -- 45 with picture sleeve USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 50th ANNIVERSARY WITHDRAWN AND REPLACEMENT ISSUES MINT USD $75.08 [0 bids]
The Beatles Love Me Do CD Clock with gift box USD $23.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles ORIG 1964 NM TOLLIE PICTURE SLEEVE/45 LOVE ME DO & JUKEBOX STRIP!! USD $99.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES~CANADA~72076~LOVE ME DO~P.S I LOVE YOU~NOV 1963~PRESSING WITH SLEEVE USD $0.99 [1 bids]
TH BEATLES 6 Original 45's LOVE ME DO/P.S. I LOVE YOU-Tollie-Capitol-Apple- USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $11.99 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES "Cant buy me love/You cant do that" 7" 45 RPM Vinyl Record USD $2.86 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES love me do/red 2011 rubber WRISTBAND official merchandise IMPORT USD $7.81 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES-LOVE ME DO-TOLLIE RECORDS T-9008-ORIGINAL VINTAGE USD $9.99 [0 bids]
2 BEATLES 45'S CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT+TICKET TO RIDE/YES IT IS USD $4.95 [0 bids]
USD $12.95 Buy It Now
2 BEATLES 45'S NOBODY'S CHILD/AIN'T SHE SWEET + LOVE ME DO/PS I LOVE YOU USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $12.99 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES, LOVE ME DO, JAPANESE MONO 12 INCH 45RPM, ON ODEON LABEL, WITH OBI! USD $9.99 [1 bids]
Beatles Tollie 45 P.S. I Love You & Love Me Do USD $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
?THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - 7" 45 VINYL RECORD w PICT SLV? USD $12.24 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES RINGO STARR LA DE DA LOVE ME DO CARD SLEEVE ISRAEL HEBREW PROMO PRESS ST USD $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
?THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - RARE 7" 45 VINYL RECORD - 1963? USD $11.42 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES_Can't Buy me Love_You Can't Do_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_B1a USD $9.80 Buy It Now 1 day
1962 The Beatles - Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You (Parlophone) (R 4949) USD $10.94 [0 bids]
1964 The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That (Parlophone) (R 5114) USD $10.94 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ORIG 1962 RED PARLOPHONE 45 LOVE ME DO EXCELLENT PLUS P T TAX USD $389.56 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES-Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That UK 7" VG Cond USD $9.37 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES-LOVE ME DO/P.S. I LOVE YOU TOLLIE 9008 45 USD $19.98 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES 2 x 7" MOVIE MEDLEY & LOVE ME DO PICTURE SLEEVES EXC USD $15.63 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles Vinyl 45 rpm Record Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You USD $7.25 [0 bids]
USD $9.50 Buy It Now
BEATLES - Love Me Do - Excellent Condition 7" Single Parlophone R 4949 USD $14.06 Buy It Now 1 day
the Beatles Love Me Do yellow Tollie w/ green USD $47.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "LOVE ME DO" single FIRST PRESSING USD $500.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES New die cut 12" RED APPLE vinyl LOVE ME DO / PS I LOVE YOU record USD $21.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES New die cut 12" GREEN APPLE vinyl LOVE ME DO / PS I LOVE YOU record USD $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES "WORLD FIRST ADVERT FOR LOVE ME DO" within original pop mag USD $46.92 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Drop T Classic Logo Love Me Do Red Umbrella Sleeve Gift Idea NEW USD $24.95 Buy It Now 1 day
****BEATLES LITTLE CHILD/LOVE ME DO/THANK YOU GIRL +1 MEXICO-only M- EP/SLV!**** USD $23.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Love Me Do original Capitol Swirl 45 ULTRA RARE CANADA 1st PRESSING USD $69.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES b Love Me Do p.s. I Love You TOLLIE T 9008 45 45rpm RECORD USD $5.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Love Me Do p.s. I Love You TOLLIE T 9008 45 45rpm RECORD USD $5.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles rock 45 Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That ~ Capitol VG+ USD $5.95 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 50th ANNIVERSARY MISS PRINTED CATALOGUE No.45- R 4714 USD $42.23 [0 bids]
The Beatles " LOVE ME DO " 20th Anniversary UK BRITISH IMPORT PICTURE DISC USD $9.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles 'Love Me Do' 50th Anniversary UK Parlophone Records 7 Inch Single USD $28.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles Love Me Do - Sealed USA 3" CD single (CD3) C3-44278-2 CAPITOL Sealed USD $45.06 Buy It Now 2 days
OCTOBER CHERRIES love me do/please/i'll wait ISRAELI EP 1ST ISRAEL ONLY BEATLES USD $350.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles - Love Me Do Why Ps I Love You CD USD $27.99 Buy It Now 2 days
beatles Love Me Do / PS I Love You USD $10.00 [0 bids]
USD $20.00 Buy It Now
Beatles 45 - Love Me Do - Tollie - mp3 USD $6.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles CAN'T BUY ME LOVE-YOU CAN'T DO THAT Capitol 5150 Original Press USD $2.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - LIMITED EDITION GREEN VINYL APPLE SHAPED 7" SINGLE USD $18.76 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - LIMITED EDITION WHITE VINYL STAR SHAPE 7" SINGLE USD $15.63 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - LIMITED EDITION BLUE VINYL STAR SHAPE 7" SINGLE USD $15.63 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - LOVE ME DO - LIMITED EDITION RED VINYL STAR SHAPE 7" SINGLE USD $15.63 [0 bids]
Beatles' First Single-Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You [CD New] USD $11.69 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES HITS E.P. FROM ME TO YOU / PLEASE PLEASE ME / LOVE ME DO / THANK YOU USD $3.19 [7 bids]
BEATLES FIRST SINGLE: LOVE ME DO / PS I LOVE YOU / NEW CD USD $14.84 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO / PS I LOVE YOU PINK HEART SHAPED VINYL UK IMPORT RECORD USD $29.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles Love Me Do UK 7" picture disc USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles Love Me Do USA 45 W/O PS Tollie 1964 USD $67.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles Singles Collection 1962 - 1970 7" Vinyl 45RPM Parlophone Records List 1 USD $46.92 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES - IN THE BEGINNING - 5 X 7" BLUE VINYL BOX SET / LOVE ME DO USD $18.76 Buy It Now 3 days
the BEATLES Love Me Do P.S. I Love You TOLLIE Records PS picture sleeve 45 USD $25.00 [0 bids]
Beatles orig. 45 rpm single, early U.S. on Tollie, Love Me Do b/w P.S. I VG USD $8.88 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "LOVE ME DO " U.S. 7" W/ P/S STRAIGHTCUT USD $30.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO 45 RPM 7" PICTURE DISC IMPORT USD $4.99 [1 bids]
Beatles"Love Me Do&P.S. I Love You"Rare British Invasion 45 Tollie 9008 vtg USD $6.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles One CD 27 tracks digitally remastered Love Me Do Long Winding Road.. USD $28.00 [0 bids]
USD $37.00 Buy It Now
Beatles 45 Tollie Black Logo Love Me Do P.S. I Love You T - 9008 Good USD $2.50 [0 bids]
Beatles 45 Capitol Can't Buy Me Love You Can't Do That 5150 Good USD $2.50 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES VOL.2 BEST SERIES /LOVE ME DO JAPAN CD CA-5010 OBI RARE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Mini CD3 Single "Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That" from 1989 USD $8.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES PICTURE DISCS ANOTHER BEATLES CHRISTMAS P.S. I LOVE YOU / LOVE ME DO 45 USD $79.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES LOVE ME DO TWIST & SHOUT THERE'S A PLACE P.S. I LOVE YOU VEE JAY 103/4 USD $69.99 [0 bids]
Beat Rock 7" 45 - The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That - Parloph USD $14.95 [0 bids]
Beat Rock 7" 45 - The Beatles - Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You - Parlophone - R 4 USD $14.95 [0 bids]
Beat Rock 7" 45 - The Beatles - Love Me Do / P.S. I Love You - Oldies 45 - OL-1 USD $16.95 [0 bids]
The Beatles- Can't Buy Me Love / You Can't Do That-45rpm-1985 USD $2.99 [0 bids]
3 Different The Beatles 45RPM Picture Discs Love Me Do, I Feel Fine - All Mint USD $44.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES Love Me Do UK EMI 3" 2TK Single CD NM Disc CD3R4983 In Snap-Pack USD $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
RARE EARLY BEATLES - LOVE ME DO / P.S. I LOVE YOU - 1964 YELLOW TOLLIE LABEL USD $2.99 [0 bids]
the beatles 7" single love me do USD $7.81 [1 bids]
BEATLES Love Me Do 7" Pic Disc B/w P.s. I Love You UK Parlophone 1982 USD $13.45 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Basic Gummi Love Me Do (in 10mm) With Drop T Logo USD $6.63 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(8%)

THE BEATLES Love Me Do reviews

Review by J-Man
3 stars This was basically The Beatles' first hit. It's what would get them to be known as one of the most popular bands ever. When it first debuted in England, it was a moderate success, peaking at #19 on the charts. In America, however, it was a number one for the future prog band.

Love Me Do is a decent early 60's tune written by the great Lennon/McCartney partnership. It is influenced by blues, and has a good rhythm. The harmonica sounds good, and I like the bass. This song isn't great or anything like that, but it's obvious that these guys were different than what had come before them. This is obviously something that could form a new genre, which in those days, was rock. With that said, I don't think this song is a particularly good early Beatles' song, but it's not bad.

The B side, P.S. I Love You, is significantly better than Side A. It has really nice vocal harmonies from some of the best voices of all time. It is a ballad with some nice guitar chords.

If you're interested where The Beatles came from, this is a good song that almost everyone has heard. It certainly doesn't compare to Abbey Road, but it holds its own, and is some of the best music of the early 60's.

Send comments to J-Man (BETA) | Report this review (#202218) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 09, 2009

Review by Guillermo
3 stars The version of "Love Me Do" which originally appeared on the first pressings of this single has Ringo Starr on drums, but the song also was recorded by the band with a session drummer called Andy White and with Ringo Starr playing a tambourine. This second version with White on drums appears on the "Please Please Me" album and since 1963 it also appeared in the single version. The version with Ringo on drums was also released on the "Past Masters Volume One" compilation album in 1988, but the version with White appears on other compilation albums like "1" (2000). So, the main difference between the two versions is the absence or the presence of a tambourine played by Ringo. The B-side, "P.S. I Love You" was recorded with Andy White on drums and with Ringo on maracas. This happened because at the start of their recording sessions with producer George Martin he didn`t like Pete Best` s drums playing (as he participated in their first recording session with their new record label), and Matin said that to the other three Beatles.When the time came for another recording session, Pete Best wasn`t in the band anymore and Ringo was the new drummer with the band, but as Martin wasn`t very impressed with Ringo`s drum`s playing then, Martin called White to participate in the recordings. Anyway, the single version included Ringo`s drums playing at least in the first pressings, and Martin didn`t use a session drummer again for the next recording sessions.There also was a preliminary recorded version of "Love Me Do" with Pete Best on drums which was released in the "Anthology 1" album from 1995, which is very different in the drums playing and it shows why Best was replaced as drummer as his playing is not as good as Ringo`s, in my opinion. Anyway, both songs in this single are very early efforts as songwriters by Lennon and McCartney, in my opinion, both being very simple songs. But with both being songs composed by members of the band, it was a new approach in the recording industry as many bands and soloists then only recorded songs composed by outside "professional songwriters". So, this single and their firts album contributed to that change, I think.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#1019866) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 17, 2013

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Love Me Do"