HELLO GOODBYE

The Beatles Hello Goodbye album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Hello, Goodbye (3.30)
2. I Am The Walrus (4.35)

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitar, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Label Parlophone
Catalogue No. R 5655
Matrix Numbers 7XCE 18433-1 (Hello Goodbye)
7XCE 18434-1 (Walrus)
Release Date 24th November 1967
U.K. Chart Detail :
Entry Date : 29th November 1967
Highest Position : 1 ... for 7 weeks from 6th December
Weeks in Chart : 12 Weeks

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

Buy THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye Music

hello goodbye 45 rpm singlehello goodbye 45 rpm single
CAPITOL
Hello GoodbyeHello Goodbye
Single
EMI Distribution 1989
$9.99

? THE BEATLES - Hello, Goodbye ? song lyrics poster art print A1 A2 A3 A4 USD $11.54 Buy It Now 4h 16m
? THE BEATLES - Hello, Goodbye ? song lyrics poster art print A1 A2 A3 A4 USD $15.41 Buy It Now 4h 16m
? THE BEATLES - Hello, Goodbye ? song lyrics poster art print A1 A2 A3 A4 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 4h 16m
? THE BEATLES - Hello, Goodbye ? song lyrics poster art print A1 A2 A3 A4 USD $20.56 Buy It Now 4h 16m
? THE BEATLES - Hello, Goodbye ? song lyrics poster art print A1 A2 A3 A4 USD $25.72 Buy It Now 4h 16m
BEATLES. HELLO, GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS. LIMITED AUSTRALIAN ORANGE LABEL.   USD $28.62 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE" / "I am a walrus" HOLLAND PS 1966 ORIG. R 5655 USD $12.89 Buy It Now 10h 21m
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / Walrus Picture Sleeve & 45 Capitol Vintage Single USD $19.99 [1 bids]
13h
THE BEATLES ~ HELLO GOODBYE CD ~ CD3 SINGLE CONTAINS TWO SONGS LONG BOX ~ SEALED USD $99.00 Buy It Now 21h 22m
THE BEATLES 7" PS Japan HELLO GOODBYE reissue X0229 USD $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
the beatles hello goodbye / I am the walrus original 1967 first pressing USD $12.89 [0 bids]
BEATLES ?- "Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus" - 7" - SUPER RARE ITALY MISPRINT!! USD $242.24 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Japan 45 With Picture Sleeve 400 Yen USD $31.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles Hello, Goodbye 7" Vinyl 1st Parlophone ?1967 USD $13.19 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus / Hello, Goodbye - 7" Record - *FREE UK POST* USD $1.15 [0 bids]
The Beatles 45 RPM Set Of 2 Ticket To Ride/Hello, Goodbye & More USD $15.95 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES~ I AM THE WALRUS~ VG~ HELLO GOODBYE~ CAPITOL 2056~ ~ POP 45 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES (2) SEALED CD SETS A Yellow Submarine Rehearsals + HELLO GOOD-BYE USD $24.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CD-3 The Beatles - Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus CD 3" Single RARE HTF USD $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / Walrus MONO LIMIT 1988 USA MINI 3 INCH CD single CD3 USD $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Fridge Magnet (FB6) Playing Card The BEATLES Record Covers - Various Songs USD $6.77 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye - Capitol 2056 - VG+ LP Vinyl - Lot #44 USD $9.56 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus. 1968 Japan 7" 1st 45. OR1838. VG USD $2.84 [4 bids]
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS - VG - Capitol 2056 - 7" 45 1967 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Capitol 45 record HELLO GOODBYE, 1967 company sleeve USD $0.01 [0 bids]
The Beatles Hello, Goodbye 45 rpm Vinyl Single (made in France for Uk Market) USD $2.57 [0 bids]
Beatles Hello Goodbye Parlophone R 5655 VG+/EX R/I USD $1.28 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES ON EMI PARLOPHONE R 5655 SINGLES COLLECTION,HELLO GOODBYE VG+ USD $7.53 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES-I AM THE WALRUS-HELLO GOODBYE- CAPITOL 5810-VINYL 4.0, SLEEVE 6.0 USD $70.00 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES hello goodbye / i am walrus ( rock ) 7" / 45 USD $2.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES hello goodbye / i am walrus ( rock ) 7" / 45 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus Capital 2056 7" Vinyl & T-Shirt Sealed USD $35.00 [0 bids]
USD $50.00 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES - "Hello, Goodbye"-"I Am the Walrus" - 1st Pressing -Parlophone 1957 USD $4.49 Buy It Now 3 days
7" BEATLES Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus OR1838 ODEON JAPAN Vinyl USD $10.19 Buy It Now 4 days
Hello Goodbye - Decca - EX Beatles 7" vinyl single record UK R5655 PARLOPHONE USD $64.08 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles Hello Goodbye - 1st - 4pr 7" vinyl single record UK R5655 PARLOPHONE USD $70.52 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 Capitol 2056 RARE Label Mis-Print USD $19.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE - 1967 7" RARE FRENCH CONTRACT PRESSING FOR UK VG+ USD $64.47 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS 7" 45 Single 1967 Parlophone UK Vinyl USD $14.95 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS 1980's reissue 7" vinyl ex-/ex+ USD $19.33 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles Record - Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus USD $5.14 [0 bids]
BEATLES : Hello Goodbye-I am The Walrus SP 7" Holland PARLOPHONE R.5655 EX+ USD $29.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Hello Goodbye By The Beatles CD3R 3" 1989 Single. USD $6.45 [0 bids]
BEATLES HELLO,GOODBYE ODEON OR-1838 Japan VINYL 7 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Four Beatles 45 RPM Records Hello Goodbye, Nowhere Man, Let It Be USD $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye 1987 Reissue With Sleeve USD $13.54 [0 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye Picture Sleeve Original Capitol + 45 RPM record USD $25.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles ?- Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 1967 *DENMARK* 7" Single 45RPM USD $14.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES hello goodbye / i am walrus ( rock ) 7" / 45 apple USD $49.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES - I AM THE WARLUS / HELLO GOODBYE TURKISH 7" TURKEY RARE USD $45.00 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES~HELLO GOODBYE~NEAR MINT~I AM THE WALRUS~CAPITOL 2056~ POP 45 USD $79.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles RARE Lebanese EX+ 45 Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus John Lennon MMT USD $32.17 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE - EX USA 7" VINYL SINGLE CAPITOL 2056 - PLAYS GREAT! USD $12.25 Buy It Now 5 days
1967 THE BEATLES 45 Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus on Capitol 2056 EX USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 1968 7" VINYL Import JAPAN Odeon USD $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles "HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS". Northern Songs, Sweden NCB 1967 USD $12.95 Buy It Now 6 days
7" BEATLES Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus OR1838 ODEON JAPAN Vinyl USD $10.19 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles "I Am The Walrus/ Hello Goodbye" NM- USD $3.50 [0 bids]
PAUL McCARTNEY Japan PROMO ONLY 1 track CD THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye OFFICIAL! USD $152.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Press Photo for The Beatles Anthology - Hello, Good Bye USD $12.88 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - 1967 Netherlands 7" 45 EX P/S USD $20.39 Buy It Now 6 days
Beatles, I Am the Walrus/Hello Goodbye, 7" - 45 RPM record, 1967 USD $1.95 [1 bids]
BEATLES commemorative 7" single/CD 22ct Gold Disc for "Hello Goodbye"/"Walrus" USD $12.88 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES LOT OF 2 PARLOPHONE 45s NEW ZEALAND- HEY JUDE/ HELLO, GOODBYE RARE!! USD $25.00 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES HELLO,GOODBYE JAPAN ODEON 7" P/S USD $18.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS 7" VINYL 1967 ORIGINAL-VERY RARE USD $18.99 [0 bids]
USD $45.00 Buy It Now
The Beatles * HELLO GOODBYE * BRITISH IMPORT 45 w/ PIC SLEEVE LENNON/McCARTNEY USD $14.95 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles Hello, Goodbye Parlophone Records R5655 UK Vinyl 7inch Single USD $23.17 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles ?- Hello Goodby - Capitol ?- 2056 - Target 45 rpm Company Sleeve 7" USD $6.99 [1 bids]
The Beatles ?- Hello Goodbye - Capitol ?- 2056 - West Coast Picture Sleeve 45rpm USD $6.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles ?- Hello Goodbye - Parlophone ?RP 5655 - UK Picture Disc 45rpm USD $6.99 [1 bids]
ODEON RECORDS THE BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE" 7" VINYL JAPAN PRESSING USD $22.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS 7" VINYL 45 PARLOPHONE UK EX+ USD $35.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES 45 R 5655 BLACK PARLOPHONE HELLO GOODBYE rare SINGLE INDIA 41 VG USD $149.25 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE ORIGINAL DZUBOKS EDITION FLEXI RECORD YUGOSLAVIA 5" USD $9.90 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS 1967 Capitol WC PS LISTEN! USD $39.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS 1967 Capitol EC PS LISTEN! USD $14.99 Buy It Now 8 days
"HELLO GOODBYE" THE BEATLES CAPITOL 45 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WAL.. RARE ODEON RECORD GERMANY 7" 45prm USD $9.90 Buy It Now 8 days
1967 THE BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE", "I AM THE WALRUS" 45rpm 7" USD $10.00 Buy It Now 8 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus 45 7" record NEW RARE + juke box strip USD $32.19 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS RARE PICTURE SLEEVE R 5655 VG USD $32.23 Buy It Now 9 days
BEATLES - HELLO,GOODBYE - 1967 7" SINGAPORE PRESSING EX - LOTS MORE BEATLES LOOK USD $25.79 Buy It Now 9 days
The Beatles ?Hello, Goodbye Vinyl 7" Pathe/Marconi Pressing (Made In France)1967 USD $25.77 Buy It Now 9 days
The Beatles Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 7" USD $11.59 Buy It Now 9 days
the beatles - hello,goodbye 7" vinyl single USD $10.30 Buy It Now 9 days
The Beatles 45 rpm Philippines 7" hello goodbye USD $50.00 Buy It Now 9 days
BEATLES-hello goodbye/i am the walrus/45 picture SLEEVE - VINTAGE USD $23.27 Buy It Now 9 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye Sealed 7" Picture Disc 45 Parlophone RP 5655 USD $18.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE 7" VINYL ODEON JAPAN N.MINT RARE USD $33.00 Buy It Now 9 days
7" BEATLES Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus OR1838 ODEON JAPAN Vinyl USD $10.19 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1967 UK 45 HELLO GOODBYE EXCELLENT RARE LABEL FONT USD $38.67 Buy It Now 10 days
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1967 UK 45 HELLO GOODBYE MADE IN FRANCE EXCELLENT USD $38.67 Buy It Now 10 days
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1967 UK 45 HELLO GOODBYE DECCA PRESSING EXCELLENT USD $38.67 Buy It Now 10 days
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1967 UK 45 HELLO GOODBYE EXCELLENT ++ USD $51.56 Buy It Now 10 days
THE BEATLES 1976 UK 45 HELLO GOODBYE PROMOTIONAL FACTORY SAMPLE NOT FOR SALE USD $25.77 Buy It Now 10 days
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE . HELLO GOODBYE ILLUSTRATION . Y61 USD $7.72 Buy It Now 10 days
THE BEATLES Hello, Goodbye 1976 UK 7" Single EXCELLENT CONDITION I Am The Walrus USD $15.46 Buy It Now 10 days

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(43%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(43%)

THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye reviews

Review by UMUR
4 stars "Hello, Goodbye / I Am the Walrus" is a single release by UK rock act The Beatles. The single was released through Parlophone Records in the UK and Capitol Records in the US in November 1967.

The A-side track "Hello, Goodbye" is a pleasant melodic pop song penned by Paul McCartney even though itīs credited to the Lennon/McCartney songwriting team. The B-side to the single is the psychadelic John Lennon penned "I Am The Walrus". There were Supposedly disputes over which of the two tracks should be the A-side track but Paul McCartney was backed by producer George Martin who felt that "Hello Goodbye" had more commercial potential than the more experimental "I Am The Walrus". The single went number 1 in both the US and the UK charts and stayed there for 7 weeks.

Both tracks appear on the US/Canadian album release of the "Magical Mystery Tour (1967)" album, while only "I Am The Walrus" was featured on the UK double EP release of "Magical Mystery Tour (1967)". The compositional quality of both tracks are high, and as a single release "Hello, Goodbye / I Am the Walrus" is quite interesting because the two tracks are so different in sound and style. A 4 star (80%) rating is deserved.

Review by Guillermo
4 stars I think that 1967 was a great musical year for THE BEATLES, having previously released two great singles ("Strawberry Fields Forever / Penny Lane", "All You Need is Love" / "Baby, You're a Rich Man") and a great album ("Sgt. Pepper's...."). In late 1967 they also were going to release in the U.K. a double-EP project with the songs from their "Magical Mystery Tour" film (with the film being very criticized, but at least the music of the film was better for some critics) and this "Hello, Goodbye" / "I Am the Walrus" single. In the U.S., all the songs from these singles and the double-EP were released in an LP titled "Magical Mystery Tour", with it being one of their best U.S. releases. All these songs have some Psychedelic influences, so they worked very well being released together in that LP in the U.S.

"Hello, Goodbye", composed by McCartney, is more accessible than "I Am The Walrus". It has a string arrangement done by George Martin. This song is a very clear example of how some songs from the band were mixed in Stereo by Martin, with the string arrangements apperaring in one channel, and the band's instruments in the other channel.

"I Am the Walrus", composed by Lennon, is more Psychedelic, more "dark" in lyrical content, more "mysterious", more heavy, and more elaborated in its recording. I prefer this song more than "Hello, Goodbye", being a very good example of Psychedelic music, even if the lyrics have no apparent sense, at least for me. It also has an orchestral arrangement done by Martin, plus some strange sound effects and other experiments used in its recording. It also became an influential song for other bands, with SPOOKY TOOTH recording their own heavy version of the song for their "The Last Puff" album in 1970, and with TEARS FOR FEARS's "Sowing the Seeds of Love" song from 1989 being very infuenced in style by "I Am the Walrus".

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Hello Goodbye"