HELLO GOODBYE

The Beatles Hello Goodbye album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Hello, Goodbye (3.30)
2. I Am The Walrus (4.35)

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitar, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Label Parlophone
Catalogue No. R 5655
Matrix Numbers 7XCE 18433-1 (Hello Goodbye)
7XCE 18434-1 (Walrus)
Release Date 24th November 1967
U.K. Chart Detail :
Entry Date : 29th November 1967
Highest Position : 1 ... for 7 weeks from 6th December
Weeks in Chart : 12 Weeks

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

Buy THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye Music

hello goodbye 45 rpm singlehello goodbye 45 rpm single
CAPITOL
Hello GoodbyeHello Goodbye
Single
EMI Distribution 1989

The Beatles 1967 Hello, Goodbye Parlophone EMI 45 Record & Sleeve R 5655 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus - Japanese Picture Sleeve PS 7" USD $8.00 Buy It Now 2h 40m
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE . HELLO GOODBYE PROMO JOHN LENNON & RINGO STARR . V23 USD $6.51 Buy It Now 8h 17m
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE 1967 HELLO GOODBYE ERA . JOHN LENNON PAUL MCCARTNEY . F1 USD $6.51 Buy It Now 8h 17m
the BEATLES Hello, Goodbye / I am the Walrus 1967 DUTCH PS NMINT VINYL SINGLE 7" USD $24.99 Buy It Now 8h 31m
New and Sealed Capitol USA 3" Single The Beatles Hello Goodbye USD $10.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Singapore Vinyl 45 RPM 7" EP USD $25.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Capitol 2056 45 RPM USD $20.00 Buy It Now 16h 2m
THE BEATLES 7 SINGLE MADE IN PORTUGAL *HELLO GOODBYE* PDP.5083 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 18h 13m
Beatles - I Am The Walrus/ Hello, Goodbye - ROCK 45 (Import) USD $29.95 Buy It Now 19h 52m
The Beatles - I am the Walrus / Hello, goodbye - -1 Press - 7" Single USD $2.60 [0 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye CD (John Lennon/Paul McCartney) new promo single USD $15.98 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1967 UK 45 HELLO GOODBYE EXCELLENT RARE LABEL FONT USD $45.64 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES - I AM THE WARLUS / HELLO GOODBYE TURKISH 7" TURKEY RARE USD $40.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Hello Goodbye Beatles UK 3" CD single (CD3) CD3R5655 PARLOPHONE 1989 USD $30.64 Buy It Now 1 day
45 rpm/ The Beatles/ Hello Goodbye USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I Am the Walrus 1967 Capitol 2056 psych rock pic sleeve 45 USD $29.95 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES-CAPITOL 2056 ROCK 45RPM I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE VG+ PLAYS GREAT USD $7.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles - Hello, Goodbye & I Am The Walrus - 7" - MINT UNPLAYED REDUCED!!! USD $13.50 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM A WALRUS usa apple 2056 MINT MINUS pop 7" single USD $52.18 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW Beatles Limited Edition 7" Vinyl Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus S/M T-Shirt USD $37.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles: "Hello Goodbye' / "I Am The Walrus" - original '67 - plays well! USD $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Target Exclusive Beatles Hello Goodbye 45 combo USD $20.00 [0 bids]
? THE BEATLES - Hello, Goodbye ? song lyrics poster art print A1 A2 A3 A4 USD $11.67 Buy It Now 2 days
? THE BEATLES - Hello, Goodbye ? song lyrics poster art print A1 A2 A3 A4 USD $15.59 Buy It Now 2 days
? THE BEATLES - Hello, Goodbye ? song lyrics poster art print A1 A2 A3 A4 USD $18.20 Buy It Now 2 days
? THE BEATLES - Hello, Goodbye ? song lyrics poster art print A1 A2 A3 A4 USD $20.81 Buy It Now 2 days
? THE BEATLES - Hello, Goodbye ? song lyrics poster art print A1 A2 A3 A4 USD $26.02 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles "HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS". Northern Songs, Sweden NCB 1967 USD $12.95 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 1st UK DECCA PRESS 1967 1 PLAY, MINT USD $66.52 [4 bids]
BEATLES BRAND NEW TARGET EXCLUSIVE HELLO GOODBYE/WALRUS 7" VINYL RECORD + SHIRT USD $39.95 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES ~ HELLO GOODBYE CD ~ CD3 SINGLE CONTAINS TWO SONGS LONG BOX ~ SEALED USD $99.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles Hello Goodbye - 1st - VG UK 7" vinyl single record R5655 PARLOPHONE USD $28.63 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES 7" PS Japan HELLO GOODBYE reissue X0229 USD $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles Hello, Goodbye 7" Vinyl 1st Parlophone ?1967 USD $13.34 Buy It Now 3 days
MELODY MAKER POP PAPER.....2nd Dec.1967..BEATLES.."Ringo"..HELLO GOODBYE hit USD $5.22 [0 bids]
BEATLES commemorative 7" single/CD 22ct Gold Disc for "Hello Goodbye"/"Walrus" USD $32.60 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Japan 45 With Picture Sleeve 400 Yen USD $31.49 Buy It Now 3 days
the beatles hello goodbye / I am the walrus original 1967 first pressing USD $13.04 [0 bids]
BEATLES~ I AM THE WALRUS~ VG~ HELLO GOODBYE~ CAPITOL 2056~ ~ POP 45 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
PAUL McCARTNEY Japan PROMO ONLY 1 track CD THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye OFFICIAL! USD $179.99 Buy It Now 4 days
IRANpressing The Beatles hello goodbye ROYAL LABEL 7" EP w/PS USD $34.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / Walrus MONO LIMIT 1988 USA MINI 3 INCH CD single CD3 USD $34.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles 'Hello Goodbye' 82cm X 60cm Poster USD $9.12 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE DECCA CONTRACT PRESSING USD $5.20 [0 bids]
The Beatles Record - Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus USD $5.20 [0 bids]
Beatles Records Hello Goodbye USD $7.25 [0 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye 1967 45 7" Vinyl EX Nice Original 2056 I Am The Walrus USD $38.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Press Photo for The Beatles Anthology - Hello, Good Bye USD $13.03 [0 bids]
The Beatles 45 record HELLO GOODBYE, Capitol 1967 picture sleeve USD $5.50 [7 bids]
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS - VG - Capitol 2056 - 7" 45 1967 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
"RARER" THE BEATLES..HELLO GOODBYE.DECCA CONTRACT PRESSING.VERY GOOD 1967 POP7" USD $10.42 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles: Hello Goodbye / I am the walrus. Danish issue. EX USD $16.99 [0 bids]
HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS - THE BEATLES - 7" SINGLE USD $3.91 Buy It Now 5 days
Hello Goodbye By The Beatles CD3R 3" 1989 Single. USD $6.52 [0 bids]
Rock The Beatles 45RPM Capitol Records Near Mint I Am The Walrus, Hello Goodbye USD $25.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES - "Hello, Goodbye"-"I Am the Walrus" - 1st Pressing -Parlophone 1957 USD $4.49 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES 7" SINGLE 1967. 'HELLO GOODBYE.' R 5655. KNOCKOUT 1st PRESS. USD $1.96 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES-I AM THE WALRUS-HELLO GOODBYE- CAPITOL 5810-VINYL 4.0, SLEEVE 6.0 USD $70.00 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES hello goodbye / i am walrus ( rock ) 7" / 45 USD $2.99 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES hello goodbye / i am walrus ( rock ) 7" / 45 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles 7" vinyl single record Hello Goodbye - Decca - EX UK R5655 PARLOPHONE USD $63.85 Buy It Now 6 days
Beatles HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS 7" 45 Single 1967 Parlophone UK Vinyl USD $14.95 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles 45 record HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS, Capitol 1967 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS 1980's reissue 7" vinyl ex-/ex+ USD $19.55 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus. 1977 Japan 7" PROMO 45. EAR20236. NM USD $1.30 [1 bids]
CAPITOL 60s rock 45 THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye + I Am The Walrus USD $3.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES hello goodbye / i am walrus ( rock ) 7" / 45 apple USD $49.99 Buy It Now 7 days
VG+ THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - 7" Single USD $10.96 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye UK 7" RARE UNKNOWN DECCA with SHINY OUTER RING Unusual USD $51.35 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles: Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus, 7 in Record USD $12.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles * HELLO GOODBYE * BRITISH IMPORT 45 w/ PIC SLEEVE LENNON/McCARTNEY USD $14.95 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES~HELLO GOODBYE~NEAR MINT~I AM THE WALRUS~CAPITOL 2056~ POP 45 USD $79.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE - EX USA 7" VINYL SINGLE CAPITOL 2056 - PLAYS GREAT! USD $12.72 Buy It Now 7 days
7" Beatles Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus OR1838 ODEON Japan Vinyl USD $11.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE ORIGINAL DZUBOKS EDITION FLEXI RECORD YUGOSLAVIA 5" USD $9.90 Buy It Now 8 days
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - 1967 Netherlands 7" 45 EX P/S USD $21.59 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES 45 R 5655 BLACK PARLOPHONE HELLO GOODBYE rare SINGLE INDIA 41 VG USD $199.00 Buy It Now 8 days
BEATLES "Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus " 45 rpm 7" single USD $18.95 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES LOT OF 2 PARLOPHONE 45s NEW ZEALAND- HEY JUDE/ HELLO, GOODBYE RARE!! USD $25.00 Buy It Now 8 days
The Beatles: Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 RPM Capitol 2056 w Pic Sleeve USD $26.49 Buy It Now 9 days
BEATLES HELLO,GOODBYE JAPAN ODEON 7" P/S USD $18.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye - I Am The Walrus - 45 rpm - Capitol 2056 - NM / NM+ USD $14.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS - 45 RPM - 1967 USD $11.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus rare 45 on APPLE label USD $14.99 Buy It Now 9 days
ODEON RECORDS THE BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE" 7" VINYL JAPAN PRESSING USD $22.00 Buy It Now 10 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS 7" VINYL 45 PARLOPHONE UK EX+ USD $35.00 Buy It Now 10 days
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1967 UK 45 HELLO GOODBYE DECCA PRESSING EXCELLENT USD $45.64 Buy It Now 10 days
THE BEATLES cd RRSO Symphony Orchestra 8 Days a Week HELLO GOODBYE all my loving USD $12.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WAL.. RARE ODEON RECORD GERMANY 7" 45prm USD $9.90 Buy It Now 10 days
***The Beatles 'Hello Goodbye' - 7" Single** USD $2.60 Buy It Now 10 days
The Beatles : Hello, Goodbye by Mirror Series (Paperback, 2010) USD $1.96 Buy It Now 10 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus 45 7" record NEW RARE + juke box strip USD $32.09 Buy It Now 11 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I'm The Walrus SOUTH AFRICA Parlophone PICTURE SLEEVE USD $115.00 Buy It Now 11 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS HOLLAND Parlophone great picture sleeve ! USD $38.00 Buy It Now 11 days
THE BEATLES LADY HELLO GOODBYE/I'M THE WALRUS SWEDEN only PS with UK export 7"! USD $48.00 Buy It Now 11 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I'M THE WALRUS 1967 GERMANY Odeon 7" PS EX+/MINT- copy !!! USD $58.00 Buy It Now 11 days
BEATLES - HELLO,GOODBYE - 1967 7" SINGAPORE PRESSING EX - LOTS MORE BEATLES LOOK USD $26.09 Buy It Now 11 days
Hello, Goodbye Pete Best & The Beatles Mag Cutting USD $15.35 Buy It Now 11 days

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(40%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(45%)

THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye reviews

Review by UMUR
4 stars "Hello, Goodbye / I Am the Walrus" is a single release by UK rock act The Beatles. The single was released through Parlophone Records in the UK and Capitol Records in the US in November 1967.

The A-side track "Hello, Goodbye" is a pleasant melodic pop song penned by Paul McCartney even though itīs credited to the Lennon/McCartney songwriting team. The B-side to the single is the psychadelic John Lennon penned "I Am The Walrus". There were Supposedly disputes over which of the two tracks should be the A-side track but Paul McCartney was backed by producer George Martin who felt that "Hello Goodbye" had more commercial potential than the more experimental "I Am The Walrus". The single went number 1 in both the US and the UK charts and stayed there for 7 weeks.

Both tracks appear on the US/Canadian album release of the "Magical Mystery Tour (1967)" album, while only "I Am The Walrus" was featured on the UK double EP release of "Magical Mystery Tour (1967)". The compositional quality of both tracks are high, and as a single release "Hello, Goodbye / I Am the Walrus" is quite interesting because the two tracks are so different in sound and style. A 4 star (80%) rating is deserved.

Review by Guillermo
4 stars I think that 1967 was a great musical year for THE BEATLES, having previously released two great singles ("Strawberry Fields Forever / Penny Lane", "All You Need is Love" / "Baby, You're a Rich Man") and a great album ("Sgt. Pepper's...."). In late 1967 they also were going to release in the U.K. a double-EP project with the songs from their "Magical Mystery Tour" film (with the film being very criticized, but at least the music of the film was better for some critics) and this "Hello, Goodbye" / "I Am the Walrus" single. In the U.S., all the songs from these singles and the double-EP were released in an LP titled "Magical Mystery Tour", with it being one of their best U.S. releases. All these songs have some Psychedelic influences, so they worked very well being released together in that LP in the U.S.

"Hello, Goodbye", composed by McCartney, is more accessible than "I Am The Walrus". It has a string arrangement done by George Martin. This song is a very clear example of how some songs from the band were mixed in Stereo by Martin, with the string arrangements apperaring in one channel, and the band's instruments in the other channel.

"I Am the Walrus", composed by Lennon, is more Psychedelic, more "dark" in lyrical content, more "mysterious", more heavy, and more elaborated in its recording. I prefer this song more than "Hello, Goodbye", being a very good example of Psychedelic music, even if the lyrics have no apparent sense, at least for me. It also has an orchestral arrangement done by Martin, plus some strange sound effects and other experiments used in its recording. It also became an influential song for other bands, with SPOOKY TOOTH recording their own heavy version of the song for their "The Last Puff" album in 1970, and with TEARS FOR FEARS's "Sowing the Seeds of Love" song from 1989 being very infuenced in style by "I Am the Walrus".

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Hello Goodbye"