HELLO GOODBYE

The Beatles Hello Goodbye album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Hello, Goodbye (3.30)
2. I Am The Walrus (4.35)

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitar, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Label Parlophone
Catalogue No. R 5655
Matrix Numbers 7XCE 18433-1 (Hello Goodbye)
7XCE 18434-1 (Walrus)
Release Date 24th November 1967
U.K. Chart Detail :
Entry Date : 29th November 1967
Highest Position : 1 ... for 7 weeks from 6th December
Weeks in Chart : 12 Weeks

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

Buy THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye Music

hello goodbye 45 rpm singlehello goodbye 45 rpm single
CAPITOL
Hello GoodbyeHello Goodbye
Single
EMI Distribution 1989

THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS RARE 1967 RECORD FRANCE 7" PS USD $69.90 Buy It Now 2h 19m
1- RARE--BEATLES-HELLO GOOD BYE/I AM THE WALRUS-CAPITOL-2056-ORIG.CO.SLEEVE USD $24.00 Buy It Now 3h 11m
The Beatles Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus 45 RPM Capitol Records VG+ USD $11.95 Buy It Now 4h 11m
BEATLES 45 RPM I Am The Walrus/Hello Goodbye George Martin Label Capitol Slv EX USD $7.00 Buy It Now 6h 13m
BEATLES/HELLO GOODBYE JPN OR1838 USD $11.00 Buy It Now 7h 40m
45 RPM Record The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am Walrus Jukebox Title Strip USD $3.99 [0 bids]
45 rpm CLEAN Beatles Capitol Orange & Yellow Swirl HELLO GOODBYE I Am the Walrus USD $7.50 Buy It Now 11h 37m
The Beatles : Hello, Goodbye by Mirror Series (Paperback, 2010) USD $2.54 Buy It Now 12h 18m
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1967 UK 45 HELLO GOODBYE MADE IN FRANCE EXCELLENT USD $54.02 Buy It Now 17h 32m
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1967 UK 45 HELLO GOODBYE EXCELLENT USD $54.02 Buy It Now 17h 32m
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1967 UK 45 HELLO GOODBYE EXCELLENT RARE LABEL FONT USD $47.26 Buy It Now 17h 32m
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1967 UK 45 HELLO GOODBYE DECCA PRESSING EXCELLENT USD $40.51 Buy It Now 17h 32m
The Beatles Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Orig UK 1967 1st Press 7" Single USD $34.48 Buy It Now 17h 46m
Beatles Hello Goodbye Framed Silver Disc Record Vinyl (C1) USD $76.64 Buy It Now 20h 18m
Beatles Hello Goodbye Framed Gold Disc Record Vinyl (C1) USD $89.42 Buy It Now 20h 28m
Beatles Hello Goodbye/ I am the Walrus Promo CD USD $19.99 Buy It Now 22h 33m
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1967 UK 45 HELLO GOODBYE MADE IN FRANCE EXCELLENT USD $51.09 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE APPLE AR-1838 Japan VINYL 7 USD $9.50 [3 bids]
THE BEATLES - HELLO, GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS - 7" - PARLOPHONE USD $5.10 Buy It Now 1 day
Hello Goodbye Beatles UK 3" CD single (CD3) CD3R5655 PARLOPHONE 1989 USD $30.01 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1967 UK 45 HELLO GOODBYE DECCA PRESSING EXCELLENT + USD $38.32 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES Hello Goodbye UK 7" RARE UNKNOWN DECCA with SHINY OUTER RING Unusual USD $50.30 Buy It Now 1 day
VTG BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS 2056 EAST COAST CAPITOL w SLEEVE USD $40.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES 45 Vinyl Record, Hello Goodbye & I am the Walrus, 7". Paul McCarthy USD $12.95 Buy It Now 1 day
FRANCOIS GLORIEUX-PLAYS THE BEATLES VOL 2*VANGUARD 1978*SOMETHING/HELLO GOODBYE USD $1.98 [1 bids]
The Beatles: Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 RPM Capitol 2056 w Pic Sleeve USD $29.99 [0 bids]
USD $59.99 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES-Hello Goodbye+I Am The Walrus-A Nice Radio Station 45-CAPITOL #2056 USD $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE b/w I AM THE WALRUS PICTURE SLEEVE #3 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles 45 US Capitol 2056 Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus USD $14.90 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES, Hello Goodbye, I Am A Walrus, Capitol 2056, 45 RPM Record USD $1.97 [0 bids]
VINTAGE THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE 45 RECORD - RE3 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES- LET IT BE 45 & PICTURE SLEEVE PS & HELLO GOODBYE HOLLAND-CLASSIC ROCK USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Beatles 7" vinyl single record Hello Goodbye - 1st - VG UK R5655 PARLOPHONE USD $28.04 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye 45 Capitol 7" USD $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES U.K. 45 HELLO GOODBYE 45 1969 PRESSING NO KT TAX CODE USD $44.70 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles 45 "I Am The Walrus" and "Hello Goodbye" Record and Pic Sleeve Capit USD $30.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye - Sound Wave Song Art Print - A4 Size USD $8.93 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Limited Edition 7" Vinyl Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus USD $32.50 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus Danish 45PS 1967 Swedish Sleeve USD $18.31 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES KARAOKE Hello Goodbye, Steve Wright - CD USD $2.54 [0 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus 45 7" 45RPM Album Record USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
NEW! Beatles Picture Disc Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus 7" Vinyl The 20th Annivs USD $55.18 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles: Hello, Goodbye / I Am the walrus. Danish issue. VG+ USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Ex CANADA 1967 PSYCH CAPITOL 45 7" USD $15.25 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE ITALY 7"+PS PARLOPHON RARE WHITE SLEEVE WITH MISPRESS QMSE USD $99.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye I am The Walrus 2056 Vinyl Record Canadian USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles I am the Walrus / Hello Goodbye [45] VG Capitol Records USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles "Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus" Parlophone 1967 7" Decca contract USD $7.67 Buy It Now 4 days
Press Photo for The Beatles Anthology - Hello, Good Bye USD $12.76 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye - Capitol Records - 2056 - LP Vinyl Album 7" USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye 7" Vinyl USD $1.28 [0 bids]
Beatles 45 RPM Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus 2056 Capital Lennon McCartney USD $40.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles -Hello Goodbye/I am the Walrus -Capitol 2056 US/Los Angeles MONO 45rpm USD $0.69 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES SOUTH AFRICA PS 45 HELLO GOODBYE USD $23.90 [0 bids]
Beatles I am The Walrus/Hello, Goodbye 45 rpm record w/Pic Sleeve 1967 Import USD $22.88 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles . Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus . 1967 Capitol Records 45 rpm VG USD $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES ?- "Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus" - 7" - SUPER RARE ITALY MISPRINT!! USD $297.24 [0 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye/I Am the Walrus Rare black star Apple label 7" USD $19.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE - 45 RPM USD $12.20 Buy It Now 5 days
the beatles hello goodbye iam the walrus 7" 45rpm USD $7.95 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus 45/PS Danish Only '67 Parlophone R 5655 EX USD $31.93 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE CAPITOL RECORDS 45 RPM USD $22.49 Buy It Now 5 days
45 RPM THE BEATLES - I AM THE WALRUS & HELLO GOODBYE CAPITOL RECORDS USD $19.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS /HELLO GOODBYE R 5655 USD $5.11 [0 bids]
Beatles - Hello, Goodbye BRAZIL Single 7'' 1967 Odeon USD $39.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES 7 SINGLE MADE IN PORTUGAL *HELLO GOODBYE* PDP.5083 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE b/w I AM THE WALRUS ! 45 Capitol Records ! USD $3.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45 rpm Record Lot Ballad John Hello Goodbye Walrus Hold Hand Madonna USD $19.95 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES " HELLO GOODBYE * NEAR MINT- 1976 MONO LENNON / McCARTNEY USD $9.95 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus GER 7in 1967 /4* USD $25.99 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE - 1967 7" VG+ 1/1 MATRIX NUMBERS - LOTS MORE BEATLES!! USD $6.39 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE", 7" SINGLE, DANISH, 1967, RARE! USD $32.19 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles The Singles Collection Hello Goodbye w/ I Am the Walrus 7" EX! USD $4.57 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES " HELLO GOODBYE "SUPER CLEAN DECCA CONTRACT ORIG UK 7" IN COMPANY SLV USD $19.15 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES " HELLO GOODBYE " SUPER CLEAN ORIGINAL UK 7" in ORIGINAL COMPANY SLV USD $12.76 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE 45 RECORD SLEEVE ONLY V15 USD $10.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE . HELLO GOODBYE PROMO GEORGE HARRISON PAUL MCCARTNEY V22 USD $6.38 Buy It Now 7 days
VINYL PS 7" 45 THE BEATLES ---HELLO, GOODBYE+1 ***ENGLAND*** USD $14.00 Buy It Now 7 days
MELODY MAKER 1967 NOV 11 BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE BAEZ USD $25.54 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS JAPAN 7" vinyl ODEON USD $20.43 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES: HELLO, GOODBYE 45/7 R5655 NORWAY USD $44.99 Buy It Now 8 days
BEATLES: HELLO GOODBYE 45/7 R 5655 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus ITALY (COVER) HOLLAND (VINYL) VG/VG+ USD $59.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES 7" PS Japan HELLO GOODBYE A0152 USD $17.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PIC SLV USD $63.75 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM A WALRUS ORIGINAL CAPITOL MONO 45RPM RECORD NM- USD $44.99 Buy It Now 9 days
The Beatles: Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 RPM Capitol 2056 w Pic Sleeve USD $8.99 [0 bids]
the BEATLES Hello, Goodbye / I am the Walrus 1967 DUTCH PS NMINT VINYL SINGLE 7" USD $24.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE 1967 HELLO GOODBYE ERA . JOHN LENNON PAUL MCCARTNEY . F1 USD $6.38 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE . HELLO GOODBYE PROMO JOHN LENNON & RINGO STARR . V23 USD $6.38 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE ORIGINAL DZUBOKS EDITION FLEXI RECORD YUGOSLAVIA 5" USD $9.90 Buy It Now 9 days
The Beatles Picture Disc 7" Vinyl Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus 20th Anniversary USD $48.54 Buy It Now 9 days
The Beatles Limited Edition 7" Vinyl Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus USD $50.00 Buy It Now 9 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Capitol 2056 45 RPM USD $20.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Beatles - I Am The Walrus/ Hello, Goodbye - ROCK 45 (Import) USD $29.95 Buy It Now 10 days
The Beatles "HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS". Northern Songs, Sweden NCB 1967 USD $12.95 Buy It Now 10 days
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1967 UK 45 HELLO GOODBYE EXCELLENT RARE LABEL FONT USD $44.70 Buy It Now 10 days
45 rpm/ The Beatles/ Hello Goodbye USD $12.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Beatles - Hello, Goodbye & I Am The Walrus - 7" - MINT UNPLAYED REDUCED!!! USD $13.50 Buy It Now 11 days

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(40%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(45%)

THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye reviews

Review by UMUR
4 stars "Hello, Goodbye / I Am the Walrus" is a single release by UK rock act The Beatles. The single was released through Parlophone Records in the UK and Capitol Records in the US in November 1967.

The A-side track "Hello, Goodbye" is a pleasant melodic pop song penned by Paul McCartney even though itīs credited to the Lennon/McCartney songwriting team. The B-side to the single is the psychadelic John Lennon penned "I Am The Walrus". There were Supposedly disputes over which of the two tracks should be the A-side track but Paul McCartney was backed by producer George Martin who felt that "Hello Goodbye" had more commercial potential than the more experimental "I Am The Walrus". The single went number 1 in both the US and the UK charts and stayed there for 7 weeks.

Both tracks appear on the US/Canadian album release of the "Magical Mystery Tour (1967)" album, while only "I Am The Walrus" was featured on the UK double EP release of "Magical Mystery Tour (1967)". The compositional quality of both tracks are high, and as a single release "Hello, Goodbye / I Am the Walrus" is quite interesting because the two tracks are so different in sound and style. A 4 star (80%) rating is deserved.

Review by Guillermo
4 stars I think that 1967 was a great musical year for THE BEATLES, having previously released two great singles ("Strawberry Fields Forever / Penny Lane", "All You Need is Love" / "Baby, You're a Rich Man") and a great album ("Sgt. Pepper's...."). In late 1967 they also were going to release in the U.K. a double-EP project with the songs from their "Magical Mystery Tour" film (with the film being very criticized, but at least the music of the film was better for some critics) and this "Hello, Goodbye" / "I Am the Walrus" single. In the U.S., all the songs from these singles and the double-EP were released in an LP titled "Magical Mystery Tour", with it being one of their best U.S. releases. All these songs have some Psychedelic influences, so they worked very well being released together in that LP in the U.S.

"Hello, Goodbye", composed by McCartney, is more accessible than "I Am The Walrus". It has a string arrangement done by George Martin. This song is a very clear example of how some songs from the band were mixed in Stereo by Martin, with the string arrangements apperaring in one channel, and the band's instruments in the other channel.

"I Am the Walrus", composed by Lennon, is more Psychedelic, more "dark" in lyrical content, more "mysterious", more heavy, and more elaborated in its recording. I prefer this song more than "Hello, Goodbye", being a very good example of Psychedelic music, even if the lyrics have no apparent sense, at least for me. It also has an orchestral arrangement done by Martin, plus some strange sound effects and other experiments used in its recording. It also became an influential song for other bands, with SPOOKY TOOTH recording their own heavy version of the song for their "The Last Puff" album in 1970, and with TEARS FOR FEARS's "Sowing the Seeds of Love" song from 1989 being very infuenced in style by "I Am the Walrus".

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Hello Goodbye"