DESPAIR

Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

Omar Rodriguez-Lopez Despair album cover

Buy OMAR RODRIGUEZ-LOPEZ Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. In einem Jahr mit 13 Monden (2:18)
2. Liebe ist kalter als der Tod (2:28)
3. Satansbraten (3:20)
4. Angst Essen Seele Auf (2:03)
5. Martha (1:16)
6. Rio das Mortes (6:14)
7. Warnung vor einer heiligen Nutte (1:56)
8. Chinesisches Roulette (14:37)
9. Lola (1:33)
10. Angst vor der Angst (3:07)

Search OMAR RODRIGUEZ-LOPEZ Despair lyrics

Search OMAR RODRIGUEZ-LOPEZ Despair tabs

- Omar Rodriguez-Lopez / All Instruments

Willie Anderson Recordings

Thanks to burritounit for the addition

OMAR RODRIGUEZ-LOPEZ MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy OMAR RODRIGUEZ-LOPEZ Despair Music

Despair [Vinyl]Despair [Vinyl]
Willie Anderson 2009
Vinyl$37.88

More places to buy OMAR RODRIGUEZ-LOPEZ music online Buy OMAR RODRIGUEZ-LOPEZ & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for OMAR RODRIGUEZ-LOPEZ DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

OMAR RODRIGUEZ-LOPEZ Despair ratings distribution

OMAR RODRIGUEZ-LOPEZ Despair reviews

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
1 stars When Omar was drunk one day, he decided that creating this monster can be quite a good idea. It is not, sadly, but I can understand that year 2k9 wasn't completely fine for everyone. Or maybe only certain months, period of weeks, because some his other releases from the same year sounds good, or even great.

This is dark, but dark as void. Cold, but as empty tomb, where you're not enjoying the fun, because it fails to terrify you. This ain't progression, nor experimentation, because this is just circling around one tone. Let me state that all tracks sounds basically the same. And I don't mean that they are let's say all symphonic, or all upbeat (like "the same" when talking about other albums), but they're alike. There's no difference between them and it's quite sad. This album doesn't provide anything interesting, not even for fans. Who would enjoy this after all, except those who likes to suffer from terrible sound. Again, I don't mean terrible as in Extreme/Death Metal, because EDM can be quite interesting and some may see perfection in it, something that even I can understand (and sometimes see myself). But this is blasphemy. Trap for bold listeners, who venture to explore new realms of prog, only to find this ugly, abandoned, one eyed, filled with body tumors and crippled child that haunts waters of "Prog" label it carry because of other albums.

1(-), because this is absolute opposite of what I can like. Or enjoy. Or consider interesting. Or Proggy. Or even listenable.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#270938) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 10, 2010

2 stars Being a big fan of The Mars Volta, naturally I'd like to hear all of Omar Rodriguez-Lopez's solo albums and side projects as well. So I picked this up very recently and gave it a spin. Firstly, can I say that I have no problem with artists and musicians who decide to carry out full-on experiment ... (read more)

Report this review (#206658) | Posted by Mick Haldane | Thursday, March 12, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of OMAR RODRIGUEZ-LOPEZ "Despair"