LET IT BE

The Beatles Let It Be album cover

rock music collection

Buy THE BEATLES Music
DVD/Video, released in 1970

All songs credited to Lennon/McCartney, except where noted.

* Paul's Piano Intro
* Don't Let Me Down
* Maxwell's Silver Hammer
* Two of Us
* I've Got a Feeling
* Oh! Darling
* One After 909
* Jazz Piano Song (McCartney/Starkey)
* Across the Universe
* Dig a Pony
* Suzy Parker (Lennon/McCartney/Harrison/Starkey)
* I Me Mine (Harrison)
* For You Blue (Harrison)
* Bésame Mucho (Consuelo Velázquez/Sunny Skylar)
* Octopus's Garden (Starkey)
* You've Really Got a Hold on Me (Smokey Robinson)
* The Long and Winding Road
* Shake Rattle and Roll (Jesse Stone (under his working name Charles E. Calhoun))
* Kansas City (Jerry Leiber/Mike Stoller)
* Lawdy Miss Clawdy (Lloyd Price)
* Dig It

George Harrison
Ringo Starr
Cinematography Anthony B. Richmond
Distributed by United Artists
Release date(s) in movies: May 20, 1970 (UK)
on VHS video, RCA SelectaVision videodisc, and laserdisc: 1981
Running time 81 minutes

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Let It Be Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Abbey RoadAbbey Road
Remastered
EMI 2012
Vinyl$18.36
LET IT BE Beatles Original Vintage 1970s Daybill Movie Poster USD $640.39 Buy It Now 1 day
RCA VideoDisc BEATLES LET IT BE Original 1981 SelectaVision Exc. USD $195.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Lot 3 VideoDisc: Rare The Muse Concert: No Nukes / Beatles: Let It Be, Compleat USD $0.99 [0 bids]
RARE The Beatles Let it Be CED Videodisc rca Selectavision USD $27.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES VHS LOT "LET IT BE" "HARD DAY'S NIGHT" "ANTHOLOGY" LENNON McCARTNEY USD $75.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Laserdisc THE BEATLES - LET IT BE USD $25.00 [0 bids]
USD $60.00 Buy It Now
Beatles Let It Be Betamax Video Tape, RARE USD $34.99 [0 bids]
USD $49.99 Buy It Now
Laserdisc THE BEATLES - LET IT BE - magnetic video twentieth century fox USD $84.99 Buy It Now 8 days
The Beatles 1981 "Let It Be" factory sealed video disc RCA SelectaVision NM USD $44.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "LET IT BE" VIDEODISC USD $10.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Brand New Sealed DVD The Beatles Let it Be with Booklet, US Seller USD $44.98 Buy It Now 14 days
THE BEATLES - LET IT BE (1970) - (CED) - CAPACITANCE ELECTRONIC DISC USD $29.95 Buy It Now 15 days
The Beatles Let It Be, RCA Selectavision VideoDisc USD $24.99 Buy It Now 19 days
THE BEATLES Let It Be Movie DVD Rare & New USD $24.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Brand New The Beatles Let it Be DVD USD $44.00 Buy It Now 23 days
THE BEATLES LET IT BE - NEW & SEALED DVD USD $12.77 Buy It Now 25 days
THE BEATLES - LET IT BE (DVD, 1970) LIMITED COLLECTOR'S EDITION! RARE/OOP 99%! USD $49.95 Buy It Now 27 days
THE BEATLES - LET IT BE (DVD, 2003) 2-DVD SET / APPLE FILMS! RARE, HTF, OOP! 99% USD $59.95 Buy It Now 27 days
The Beatles let it be movie DVD Stereo version USD $24.00 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Let It Be ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(28%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(32%)

THE BEATLES Let It Be reviews

Review by Guillermo
3 stars I saw this film twice in 1979 in my city during a Beatles` Films Festival organized by some cinemas. The last time I saw it was when a friend lent me for two days a Betamax cassette with the film, in 1989.

In the three times I saw this film I liked it a lot, with the exception of some scenes which were not very good. One of them is the scene when George and Paul appear arguing about a guitar part for one song played by George, with Paul trying to explain to George how he wants him to play it. After trying to please Paul, George replies to Paul in an angry way. This scene was also included in The Beatles`Anthology video. I think that it wasn`t right to include it in the film. Why the Director decided to show to the public how the members of the band argued? I don`t see a good reason to do it.

The other secene which I don`t like is the one on which John and Yoko dance the waltz to George`s I Me Mine song. Reading later in the web, I found that it really wasn`t a good gesture from John to George, because everytime George presented new songs he wrote to the band, both John and Paul didn`t show interest to his songs. In fact, John didn`t appear in the studio version of this song which was included in the Let It Be album and in other songs composed by George recorded by the other three members between 1968 and 1969. Another scene is the one on which they play some Rock and Roll oldies, out of tune in guitars and vocals, looking bored but trying to look funny.

But there are a lot of really funny scenes where they are joking, for example, the one on which Paul sings Besame Mucho in an operatic style, and the full Apple rooftop live performance, which is maybe the best part of the film.

When George was asked in 1970 after the film was premiered his opinion of the film, he said that he didn`t like it, because it brought to him memories of a very unhappy period in the history of the band.

This film really was a contractual obligation, because Brian Epstein signed a contract with United Artists and the band still had to do it. They had several plans to fill this contract. One was to film the band for a live TV special show, a thing that only Paul liked to do. Finally, their plan was to film their rehearsals and the live performance at the Apple building`s rooftop.

Some months ago I read in the web that they didn`t have plans to release this film on DVD, with Neil Aspinall saying that the film didn`t bring good memories for the band. And I agree with this comment, because the band at that point (January 1969) was in the way to split.

I originally liked this film a lot, but after reading the history of this period of time in the Beatles`career, I think that it is only of historical interest, because it really wasn`t a good time in their lives.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#201936) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 06, 2009

Review by Finnforest
5 stars Why don't we do it on the roof

Rock's most poignant moment. For me the Beatles came to an end on a cold January day on the roof of a London building. The Beatles took some of the best material they ever recorded and walked to the roof of Apple, plugged in, and began jamming full volume to the streets below. It was an emotional and fitting end to the '60s greatest rock band. There was never any need for the "Abbey Road" album.

A portion of the "Let It Be" film may be "for fans" as it shows the lads discussing and rehearsing. Fascinating for me but for non-fans it could be boring. But the conclusion of the film makes this essential to all rock fans. First there are wonderful in-studio performances of the title track, "Long and Winding Road" and "Two us Us". Then there is the chance to see the boys perform live for the first time in years, and the last time in history. They nailed these songs and they had a blast doing it. That's right, contrary to the naysayers, The Beatles are clearly having a hoot jamming together and it shows to the camera. McCartney's vocal on "I've Got a Feeling" is viscerally powerful, it is literally one of rock and roll's greatest moments. Lennon is playful and fun as he blows a line intentionally (I think) in "Don't Let Me Down." Equally stunning is the version of "I Dig a Pony" with great harmonies and solos. Soon the mystified police would be coming up the stairs in their bid to end the public nuisance as the crowd of mostly delighted onlookers watched. The only downside is the lack of a proper spruced up DVD release. It was released on VHS/LD in the 80s but soon went out of print. Any DVD release currently is unofficial, boots of these original releases and pretty poor quality. Sadly, McCartney and Starr are blocking a proper DVD release of some of their finest work, reportedly believing that showing the darker side of the band could damage their image. What an absolutely tragic and stupid decision.

How surviving Beatles and some fans can be so down on the Let It Be project will always be the biggest musical mystery of my life. It gave us some of the band's finest material and gave us the precious, rare chance to see it performed live before the lights went out. It is a FANTASTIC historical visual document and contains essential versions of some of my favorite Beatles classics. Warts and all, Let It Be is real life and it is a masterpiece.

Send comments to Finnforest (BETA) | Report this review (#249092) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, November 08, 2009

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Let It Be"