POWER GAMES

Lars Eric Mattsson Power Games album cover

Buy LARS ERIC MATTSSON Music
Studio Album, released in 2003

1. Open The Gate (7:34)
2. Victim Of Freedom (3:59)
3. Blind Faith (5:21)
4. Chained To My Pain (4:02)
5. Bridge To The Past (8:22)
6. Safely Through The Fight (6:04)
7. Beyond The Horizon (Guitar Concerto No 1 (17:11)
8. Lead Me On My Way (5:17)

Search LARS ERIC MATTSSON Power Games lyrics

Search LARS ERIC MATTSSON Power Games tabs

- Lars Eric Mattsson / guitars and keyboards
- Lance King / lead and background vocals
- Eddie Sledgehammer / drums

Lion Music

LARS ERIC MATTSSON MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LARS ERIC MATTSSON Power Games Music

Leviathan Records 2001
VisionVision
Lion Music Finland 2000
Lars Eric Mattsson VISION shred guitarist US $1.60 [1 bids]
Lars Eric Mattsson(CD Album)Eternity-Lion Music-LMC 2106 2-Finland-Very Good/ US $6.89 Buy It Now 1 day
LARS ERIC MATTSSON - OBSESSION [LIMITED EDITION] [REMASTERED] - NEW CD US $14.80 Buy It Now 2 days
LARS ERIC MATTSSON - NO SURRENDER [BONUS TRACKS] - NEW CD US $18.69 Buy It Now 2 days
LARS ERIC MATTSSON - AURURA BOREALIS NEW CD US $23.80 Buy It Now 2 days
VISION Till The End Of Time CD 1997 Melodic Hard Rock / AOR Lars Eric Mattsson US $7.29 Buy It Now 2 days
Lars Eric Mattsson - Aurura Borealis [CD New] US $21.21 Buy It Now 3 days
Condition Red 2 USED CD Alex Masi Lars Eric Mattsson Progressive Rock/Metal US $4.00 [0 bids]
LARS ERIC MATTSSON - NO SURRENDER + LIVE - LMC262CD US $19.39 Buy It Now 4 days
LARS ERIC MATTSSON - AURURA BOREALIS - LMC300CD US $17.78 Buy It Now 4 days
LARS ERIC MATTSSON - OBSESSION - LMC322CD US $16.80 Buy It Now 4 days
Lars Eric Mattsson - Obsession (NEW CD) US $19.84 Buy It Now 4 days
Lars Eric Mattsson - Aurura Borealis (NEW CD) US $19.84 Buy It Now 4 days
Lars Eric Mattsson - No Surrender + Live (NEW CD) US $19.84 Buy It Now 4 days
Lars Eric Mattsson - Obession [CD New] US $17.78 Buy It Now 5 days
Lars Eric Mattsson - Obession CD US $20.85 Buy It Now 5 days
LARS ERIC MATTSSON - ANOTHER DIMENSION 14tracks, 2000 LION MUSIC CD SEALED US $11.59 Buy It Now 6 days
LARS ERIC MATTSSON - ANOTHER DIMENSION - NEW CD US $4.89 Buy It Now 6 days
LARS ERIC MATTSSON - ANOTHER DIMENSION NEW CD US $17.34 Buy It Now 7 days
LARS ERIC MATTSSON**OBSESSION**CD US $4.91 Buy It Now 9 days
Lars Eric Mattsson - No Surrender & Live CD new Finland US $11.85 Buy It Now 9 days
Lars Eric Mattsson- Can't Go On Without Your Love- Rock 45 US $6.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Lars Eric Mattsson - Eternity - Vinyl LP US $9.65 Buy It Now 11 days
Lars Eric Mattsson : Obsession CD (2012) US $12.13 Buy It Now 11 days
LARS ERIC MATTSSON Eternity CD 1988 RARE OOP ORIG 1st PRESS on BLACK DRAGON!!! US $14.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Vision by Lars Eric Mattsson (CD, 1998, Lion Music) new US $13.85 Buy It Now 12 days
Various - Dream Ballads CD BALTIMOORE BYRD MASI EMPIRE VISION LARS ERIC MATTSSON US $6.47 Buy It Now 13 days
LARS ERIC MATTSSON THE EXCITER CD FINLAND HEAVY METAL US $8.00 Buy It Now 14 days
@ CD Vision - On The Edge SS LARS ERIC MATTSSON LION MUSIC 2004 US $9.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Lars Eric Mattsson - Aurura Borealis NEW CD US $16.36 Buy It Now 16 days
Lars Eric Mattsson - Obsession NEW CD Digi US $16.36 Buy It Now 16 days
LARS ERIC MATTSSON - OBSESSION (LTD) (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $23.80 Buy It Now 16 days
Lars Eric Mattsson - No Surrender + Live NEW CD US $16.36 Buy It Now 16 days
Lars Eric Mattsson - Obsession (Music CD) US $23.88 Buy It Now 16 days
Lars Eric Mattsson - No Surrender/Live (Music CD) US $23.88 Buy It Now 16 days
LARS ERIC MATTSSON ETERNITY 1990 JAPAN CD OBI 2600yen APCY 1ST PRESS US $59.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Lars Eric Mattsson - Electric Woodoo CD 1991 Black Dragon US $25.00 Buy It Now 17 days
Lars Eric Mattsson - No Surrender CD 1989 Black Dragon US $22.00 Buy It Now 17 days
Lars Eric Mattsson Obsession SEALED 1998 Finland CD NWOBHM Steve Vai Mike Varney US $15.95 Buy It Now 18 days
Lars Eric Mattsson(CD Album)Eternity-Lion Music-LMC 2106 2-Finland-VG/ US $5.82 Buy It Now 20 days
Obsession/ Lars Eric Mattsson/new cd US $12.50 Buy It Now 21 days
LARS ERIC MATTSSON - WAR [LARS ERIC MATTSSON] - NEW CD US $10.64 Buy It Now 21 days
LARS ERIC MATTSSON - Another Dimension CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 24 days
LARS ERIC MATTSSON - Aurora Borealis (Concerto For Orchestra & Electric Guitar) US $12.99 Buy It Now 24 days
LARS ERIC MATTSSON - Eternity CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 24 days
LARS ERIC MATTSSON - No Surrender CD US $12.99 Buy It Now 24 days
LARS ERIC MATTSSON - Obsession CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 24 days
LARS ERIC MATTSSON - Vision CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 24 days
LARS ERIC MATTSSON - ELECTRIC VOODOO [LARS ERIC MATTSSON] - NEW CD US $7.46 Buy It Now 24 days
Lars Eric Mattsson - Exciter US $7.95 Buy It Now 25 days
Lars Eric Mattsson - Obsession US $7.95 Buy It Now 25 days
No Surrender - Lars Eric Mattsson CD 1998 15trk US $14.99 Buy It Now 25 days
LARS ERIC MATTSSON 'Can't Go On Without Your Love' 1987 Swedish 7"/45 vinyl US $5.66 Buy It Now 26 days
LARS ERIC MATTSSON - EARTHBOUND * [LARS ERIC MATTSSON] - NEW CD US $11.14 Buy It Now 26 days
CONDITION RED - II (2) CD Finnish Prog Metal - Lars Eric Mattsson, Alex Masi US $6.00 Buy It Now 27 days
Lars Eric Mattsson - Electric Woodoo CD ********RARE OOP ORG******** US $10.12 Buy It Now 27 days
LARS ERIC MATTSSON "No surrender"cd Black Dragon 89 US $19.99 Buy It Now 28 days
A746 LARS ERIC MATTSSON / NO SURRENDER JAPAN CD APCY-8009 US $24.99 Buy It Now 28 days
Lars Eric Mattsson - No Surrender + Live NEW CD US $18.70 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy LARS ERIC MATTSSON music online Buy LARS ERIC MATTSSON & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LARS ERIC MATTSSON DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LARS ERIC MATTSSON Power Games ratings distribution

LARS ERIC MATTSSON Power Games reviews

Review by Muzikman
3 stars After hearing previous efforts by an amazing guitar player by the name of Lars Eric MATTSSON, I was all excited to hear his new release [as simply Mattsson]. I love the way this guy plays, he rocks. With that kind of anticipation, I set myself up for a big disappointment. "Power Games" fell short of my expectations, in a big way. The problem is that he uses a vocalist for seven out of the eight tracks. Moreover, to add insult to injury the singer is another Geoff Tate clone. I think Tate is great, I am just not crazy about hearing people that sound like they are imitating another singer. Whether it is intentional or not, it does bug me sometimes, but it also depends on the music how I react. With all due respect, Lance King does have a good voice; it just did not work for me on this album.

It's ironic, the review I did previous to this made me feel good about the fact that the group reminded me of Tate and his mates, this time it just pissed me off and irritated me. The reason I feel this way is that Mattsson is a great guitarist that does not need a vocalist to build around his music. His music is not meant for the compliment of a vocalist because it hinders the development of what lies within his heart, guitar instrumentals. A process that was once purely musical becomes a clouded vision instead of a clear purpose. He is at his best when left to his own devices and just his guitar. The results fashioned by the formula used for this album are boring and run-of-the-mill sameness. It could have easily been so much more.

I give you a proof of the fact that instrumentals are MATTSSON's strong suit with the incredible track #7 titled "Beyond The Horizon-Guitar Concerto No 1," which clocks in at 17:11. That is like half an album! This song is an incredible piece of guitar virtuosity. It makes the CD worth the price of admission. I am still angered though; the entire album could have been like this, Lars! Come on, lose the vocalist and let us hear that guitar!

Send comments to Muzikman (BETA) | Report this review (#17325) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 28, 2005

Review by b_olariu
3 stars 3.5 really

Lars Eric Mattson is one of the greatest little discoverd guitarist in last 20 years. Besides his solo career who begun somewhere in mid '80's with first album under his name in 1988, he has many colaborations with other bands from prog metal like Condition Red , Book of Reflections, etc. and aswel is the owner of famous Lion Music label, a busy man for sure. For a decade or so he shorted his name to Mattson and release 5 album under this name but continuing to have aswell albums under his full name Lars Eric Mattson. If previous albums, those from early '90's were more towards hard rock with some neo classical aproach here and there, this album and aswell the next one has a fully progressive metal aproach, where his guitar truly shines. Power games is the name of the album issued in 2003 , is the second album under Mattson name, of course relesed by Lion Music. A fairly good album, where Lars manage to come with some great moments both on guitar and aswell on keybords side, because he done and compose the keys parts aswell. prog metal is the name of the game here, with Lance King ( from Balance of Power fame and later on we find him on Pyramze) behind the mic, who has a very good voice for such kind of prog metal, technical but in same time melodic full of hooks and great musicianship. While all the pieces stands as good, like the opening track Open The Gate , great breaks and duels between guitar and keys, good voice, I think a piece who has a name like Beyond The Horizon (Guitar Concerto No 1 and almost 18 min in lenght must be listen copuple of time to be fully appreciated. Here Larson gives the best he got, maybe is little longer then I like to be, if were shorter with 3-4 min then were great , otherwise sometime I feel like I'm losing patience till the end. I like Mattson guitar work, how he playes, all, maybe he is not one of the top composers in prog metal, for sure is one hell of a musician, with moderate succes worl wide.This is a good album, 3 stars for sure towards 3.5 in places, nothinmg over the top nothing boring or bad aswel. Also , the cover art is excellent showing exactly what is inside the album, made by brilliant Swedish artist, Mattias Noren

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#585547) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, December 10, 2011

4 stars I finally got this cd. It was something i wanted to hear really bad, specially after the big shock i got with "Electric Voodoo". Now Judging, i would say this album ain't short. This is a hell of example of virtuoso guitar guy making your ears blow. Put special attention on the Guitar Concerto ... (read more)

Report this review (#17324) | Posted by Minstrel X | Monday, July 19, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of LARS ERIC MATTSSON "Power Games"