Experimental/Post Metal

from partners
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. In Session (6:34)
2. Rule The Blood (6:43)
3. Covenant Colours (7:45)
4. Eastern Era (5:38)
5. New Canaan (6:55)
6. Stasis (7:38)
7. Where The Spirits Tread (6:27)
8. Dead Weight (6:10)
9. Drying Mouths (In A Gasping Land) (7:09)
10. Providence (7:28)

- Ariel Björklund / drums
- Arto Karvonen / synthesizer, samples
- Jani Ala-Hukkala / vocals

Fullsteam Records/Svart

Thanks to Plankowner for the addition

CALLISTO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CALLISTO Providence Music

Fullsteam Records 2009
Providence by Callisto (2009-05-26)Providence by Callisto (2009-05-26)

More places to buy CALLISTO music online Buy CALLISTO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

CALLISTO Providence ratings distribution

CALLISTO Providence reviews

Review by Prog-jester
3 stars CALLISTO were said to be pretty original and innovative as for average Post-Metal band, but their early releases fail to impress me that much. "Providence" is obviously better, it's some kind of Post-Post-Metal; heavy riffing and distorted vocals mostly replaced with atmospheric mellotron background, dreamy guitarwork and simple rhythm-section. A strong Scandinavian Prog vibe is felt here as well; it's like nowadays ANEKDOTEN jamming with nowadays CULT OF LUNA (which is quite possible, by the way). Some songs even remind me of more "light" Modern Prog like DREDG. So, if you're into mellow and dark atmospheric music, you may try "Providence", but it's definitely not the best Post-Metal release one can imagine

5 stars I must start this review by saying that I am one of the rare fans who were not blown away by the band's previous album, Noir (it does have a few great songs, whilst others I would call rather mediocre, eventually tiring me down with each listen), whilst for me the later albums of theirs stand ou ... (read more)

Report this review (#1540246) | Posted by Porcupineapple | Wednesday, March 16, 2016 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This album is not so generally appreciated, not even by those who think (like I do) that Callisto's second album Noir is a masterpiece. Almost gone are the brilliant proggy crescendos and overall heavy tensions that colourize the palette of the earlier albums (at least they're in a different form he ... (read more)

Report this review (#922038) | Posted by Morsenator | Sunday, March 3, 2013 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Some parts of this album come across really cool, but at other times, it seems really bland; giving me mixed feelings about it In Session was a great track to open up with. I liked a lot of the melodies between the vocals and the deep guitar parts. I really got into this one. Rule the Blood ... (read more)

Report this review (#229898) | Posted by jpgarcia7787 | Tuesday, August 4, 2009 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Before listening to Callisto I had only listened to Post Metal's 'Big Four', them being Isis, Neurosis, Pelican, and Cult of Luna. I have been an avid fan of the Post Rock genre and i thought i'd give it's heavier side a listen through Isis' Panopticon and it didn't disappoint to say the least. T ... (read more)

Report this review (#207926) | Posted by siko237 | Saturday, March 21, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CALLISTO "Providence"