SYMPHONIC LIVE

Buy YES Music
Live, released in 2009

CD 1
1. Overture (2:30)
2. Close To The Edge (20:30)
3. Don't Go (4:29)
4. In The Presence Of (11:03)
5. The Gates Of Delirium (23:30)
6. Steve Howe Guitar Solo (6:25)

CD 2
1. Starship Trooper (12:18)
2. Magnification (7:23)
3. And You And I (11:15)
4. Ritual (28:21)
5. I've Seen All Good People (7:20)
6. Owner Of A Lonely Heart (5:48)
7. Roundabout (6:28)

with
- Tom Brislin / keyboards
- Wilhelm Keitel / orchestra conductor

Eagle Records ER 20152-2

Thanks to Evolver for the addition

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Symphonic Live Music

Remastered · Extra tracks
Elektra 2003
Tales From Topographic OceansTales From Topographic Oceans
Rhino/Elektra 2003
RABBITT A Croak & A Grunt In The Night LP Trevor Rabin pre Yes US $10.00 Buy It Now 33m 9s
PROMO WHITE LABEL / BACCARA YES SIR I CAN BOOGIE / 7INCH 45RPM / CARA MIA US $99.99 Buy It Now 33m 19s
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $2.99 [0 bids]
41m 49s
BILL BRUFORD'S EARTHWORKS, DIG? /YES SOLO/ LP 1989 UK 1ST PRESS A1/B1 EX-/EX/EX US $14.43 Buy It Now 45m 23s
Yes - Fragile DVD Audio US $59.99 Buy It Now 49m 29s
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $1.99 [0 bids]
49m 59s
YES first album SACD with FREE bit-perfect DSD and Hi-Rez PCM backups US $21.00 Buy It Now 50m 7s
Yesterdays [Remaster] by Yes (CD, 2006, ICRecords C.A. (Label) Colombia) US $4.99 [0 bids]
59m 27s
THE MINT CHICKS - CRAZY? YES! DUMB? NO! - NEW CD US $14.34 Buy It Now 1h
YES The Yes Album LP EX+ GER 1980s Atlantic Gatefold Sleeve w/ Inner Sleeve US $25.48 Buy It Now 1h
Tomorrow feat Keith West Steve Howe Japan Promo White Label Vinyl LP Yes Twink US $89.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
1983 YES It Can Happen (Edited Version) / Same 7" 45 rpm ATCO 7-99745 NM US $4.12 Buy It Now 1h 8m
1987 Merry Clayton Yes / Same 7" 45 rpm PROMO RCA 6989-7-RAA NM Vinyl US $4.12 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Yes Going For The One Israeli Israel LP EX Prog Listen US $14.24 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Fragile by Yes (Cassette, Aug-1994, Atlantic (Label)) US $19.95 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Yes - Yes Album LP UK ORIG 71 PLUM & RED ATLANTIC prog US $85.00 Buy It Now 1h 12m
YES Don't Kill The Whale / Release Release 7" 45 rpm Atlantic 3534 NM- Vinyl US $4.12 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Yes Owner Of A Lonely Heart Max Graham's Sidechain Remix 12" MG-2004 NM- Tested US $4.12 Buy It Now 1h 14m
YES - CLOSE TO THE EDGE NEW CD US $9.02 Buy It Now 1h 14m
PET SHOP BOYS * PANDEMONIUM TOUR PROGRAMME * 2009/10 * HTF! * YES US $110.50 Buy It Now 1h 17m
YES 90125 JAPAN US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Yes! by Chad Brock (CD, May-2000) Acceptable US $2.50 Buy It Now 1h 20m
JON ANDERSON "OLIAS OF SUNHILLOW" 1976 LP YES PROG excellent vinyl US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Yes Union Japan CD w/obi kimited edtion BVCZ-8 US $22.99 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Yasmine Garbi CD Yes 1998 Japan OBI POCP 7248 JAPAN CD OBI G300 US $5.99 [0 bids]
NEW - Family Album by Yes US $6.07 Buy It Now 1h 33m
RICK WAKEMAN "JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH" GATEFOLD 1974 YES PROG EX US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart / Our Song 7" Single 1983 US $16.32 Buy It Now 1h 34m
1976 Elvin Bishop Keep It Cool / Yes Sir Capricorn CPS-0269 45 rpm NM Vinyl US $3.30 Buy It Now 1h 40m
The Yes Album Original Vinyl Record Album US $7.99 [1 bids]
YES CLOSE TO THE EDGE ORIGINAL LP STILL IN SHRINK WRAP 1972 US $249.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
Jimmy Osmond Mint Vinyl Promo 45(1974)-Yes Virginia There Is A Santa Claus US $9.00 Buy It Now 1h 52m
MELISSA ETHERIDGE 3 CD LOT (YES I AM/YOUR LITTLE SECRET/SELF TITLED) LIKE NEW US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 53m
1982 SYNTH-POP Yes - 90125 LP OWNER OF A LONELY HEART VG/VG POP ROCK orig inner US $2.99 [0 bids]
Yes Going For The One SD19106 Album LP US $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 59m
YES MINISTER US $5.08 Buy It Now 1h 59m
YES Westwood One Superstar LIVE Concert Series 2 CD Show 03-28 RADIO SHOW MASTER US $56.99 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Various Artists - Yes Tribute Tales From Yesterday CD NEW (UK Import) US $12.15 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Yes "90125" LP US $4.95 Buy It Now 2h 10m
45 Record YES - ROUNDABOUT/LONG DISTANCE RUN AROUND - VG+ US $1.99 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Ben Webster "For The Guv'nor" Volume Two Yes To Jazz Lp #10044 US $11.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Various - Yes Family Tree (2012) 2CD NEW/SEALED Digipack SPEEDYPOST US $11.85 Buy It Now 2h 19m
YES - Union - CD - VG++ BMG Issue US $4.00 Buy It Now 2h 30m
YES-TORMATO-RARE ORIGINAL BLACK YUGOSLAV CASSETTE TAPE 1979 PROGRESSIVE ROCK US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 32m
Yes - The Ladder (1999) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $10.66 Buy It Now 2h 47m
RUSH t-shirt progressive rock Dream Theater Yes Genesis Queensryche Geddy Lee US $8.99 [0 bids]
Yes - Magnification (2002) 2CD Limited Numbered Edition NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $18.62 Buy It Now 2h 51m
POLYPHONIC SPREE - YES IT'S TRUE NEW CD US $22.12 Buy It Now 2h 54m
YES DRAMA atlantic 80 A11B11 Lp NEX US $13.58 Buy It Now 2h 56m
Elsinore-"Yes Yes Yes" / 12" LP / Indie Pop / SEALED! Parasol Records 2010 US $3.00 [0 bids]
Yes - Symphonic Live (2012) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $9.47 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Gloria Mann-Eath Angel/I Love You Yes I Do 45 RPM US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 4m
Yes Big Generator 1987 DMM Precision 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Cleaned US $55.00 Buy It Now 3h 4m
CORNELL CAMPBELL Yes I Will RARE MICRON LP~WHITE COVER~LISTEN US $24.95 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Yes Fitness Music Aerobic Instructor 32 Count Music CD Exercise US $3.99 [1 bids]
45RPM PROMO BabyFace/Yes sir That's My Baby 033112EL US $13.99 Buy It Now 3h 13m
Highway 101 45 Just Say Yes PICTURE SLEEVE US $3.00 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Rock Promo 45 THE BARRY SISTERS Yes, My Darling Daughter on Roulette (promo) US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 16m
TREVOR RABIN Interview with Dan Neer PROMO LP prog YES US $18.99 Buy It Now 3h 19m
1961 Sensations Let Me In / Oh Yes I'll Be True ARGO Canada A-5405X 45 rpm NM- US $27.50 Buy It Now 3h 25m
1962 Ben E. King Ecstasy / Yes ATCO 45-6215 45 rpm VG+ Vinyl US $7.70 Buy It Now 3h 30m
Fats Domino R & B 45 (Imperial 5492) Yes, My Darling/Don't You Know I Love You US $6.95 Buy It Now 3h 30m
GEORGE STRAIT-CHECK YES OR NO JUKE BOX TITLE STRIP US $0.75 [1 bids]
MELISSA ETHERIDGE**YES I AM**CD US $6.50 Buy It Now 3h 42m
RICK WAKEMAN A Spirant Sunshadows 1990 GERMANY CD issue yes US $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 50m
BURNIN' DAYLIGHT Love Worth Fighting For / Say Yes CURB used 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 52m
Lot of 3 albums LP YES 'TORMATO' DRAMA' 'Tales From Topographic Oceans' +1 US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 52m
TREACHEROUS THREE - YES WE CAN-CAN - SUGARHILL RECORDS-596 US $18.00 Buy It Now 3h 53m
1958 Fats Domino Yes My Darling / Don't You Know I Love Imperial X5492 NM- Vinyl US $4.12 Buy It Now 4h 4m
LP Alice Cooper - Amon Duul II - Yes - etc PR-229 PROMO ATLANTIC/ATCO EB163 US $39.99 Buy It Now 4h 9m
JON ANDERSON - Hold On To Love | RARE Yes Columbia promo 45 EX US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 11m
Yes - The Yes Album CD/DVD set 2014 remaster with Rare Live US $32.52 Buy It Now 4h 13m
My Heart Says Yes US $10.49 Buy It Now 4h 13m
Queensryche ' Operation Mindcrime' Japan CD.Obi.CP32-5618.rush,dream theater,yes US $12.99 [0 bids]
BROOKLYN TABERNACLE - I'LL SAY YES [BROOKLYN TABERNACLE CHOIR] - NEW CD US $7.92 Buy It Now 4h 14m
Yes - Extended Versions (2002) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $7.09 Buy It Now 4h 15m
Yes - The Yes Album CD/BluRay UK issue 2014 Remaster with Rare Live US $35.16 Buy It Now 4h 16m
Vintage YES - THEYES ALBULM Cassette 1971 GERMANY UK Import ALSDORF US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 20m
Vintage YES - CLOSE TO THE EDGE Cassette 1972 RARE Portugal Import Atlantic US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 20m
1H INDENT SUNNY & THE SUNGLOWS SMILE NOW CRY LATER BARBARA MASON YES IM READY US $15.99 [0 bids]
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge CD ONLY NO CASE OR ARTWORK US $3.00 Buy It Now 4h 27m
Addison,Kalim & The Shiloh Baptist Church - Ill Say Yes [CD New] US $19.33 Buy It Now 4h 27m
CHI-LITES - Have You Seen Her / Yes I'm Ready - 45 RPM US $2.25 [1 bids]
Yes - Close To The Edge Uk CD/Blu Ray set 2013 Release. USA playable US $30.76 Buy It Now 4h 33m
NU SHOOZ - SHOULD I SAY YES 7" VINYL PS US $9.33 Buy It Now 4h 33m
78rpm Blues R&B Annisteen Allen KING 4608 ( ? ) Baby i'm doin' it / Yes i know US $20.00 Buy It Now 4h 34m
Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe - An Evening of Yes Music Plus USA GOLD 2 CD 1994 US $29.74 Buy It Now 4h 50m
STEVE HOWE OF ROCK BAND YES PAUL SUTIN CD SEALED US $8.99 Buy It Now 4h 50m
Pat Boone lot Yes Indeed! and Pat's great hits Dot records US $1.99 [0 bids]
YES YESSONGS LP SD 3-100 1973 US $5.99 Buy It Now 4h 54m
YES The Yes Album LP EX+ GER 1980s Atlantic Gatefold Sleeve w/ Inner Sleeve US $28.34 Buy It Now 4h 56m
Yes, I Believe US $2.02 Buy It Now 4h 57m
Yes Time and a Word Expanded and Remastered CD New US $11.88 Buy It Now 5h
YOUNG HOLT UNLIMITED: Yes We Can (funk vinyl 45) US $18.00 Buy It Now 5h
YES - Posters & Promos etc - POSTCARD SET # 1 US $8.48 [0 bids]
5h
YES TALES OF TOPOGRAPHIC OCEANS 2 LPS US $22.00 Buy It Now 5h 2m
Harry Kari 45 RPM 7" Yes Sir, That's My Baby/Yokohama Mama US $8.00 Buy It Now 5h 2m

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Symphonic Live ratings distribution

YES Symphonic Live reviews

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
4 stars Another live Yes album? Do we need another one?

This is the CD version od the DVD released back in 2002 (which I haven't seen).

Is this Yes with an orchestra instead of a keyboard player? NO! The orchestra fills in for much of the absence of a full-fledged Yes keyboardist, but Tom Brislin fill in nicely for many of the necessary keyboard parts.

So let's go:

Skip track 1, Overture, it's just the tape played while the band enters - you've heard this before.

Close To The Edge starts out a bit sloppy. It's too bad they start with this song, as it's obvious that the band is not fully warmed up until about halfway through the song. The final verses and choruses are spectacular, with Squire & Howe playing as intricately as ever. Brislin does a nice job on the keyboard solo, but I would prefer if he had not tried so hard to play Wakeman's solo note-for-note.

Don't Go and In The Presence Of are nice renditions of songs from the Magnification album, and provide a nice warm up to the highlight of the first disk, The Gates Of Delirium. The orchestra does quite a bit to make this song very large sounding. Squire, Howe and White all play this one with a fury I've never heard from them before. This one is going right to my MP3 player.

The obligatory Steve Howe guitar solo ends the first disk. Doesn't he get tire of playing Mood For A Day at every show?

Disk 2 begins with fine performances of Starship Trooper and Magnification. And You And I benefits the most from the orchestra, with the arrangement bringing this old piece, which I had been tired of hearing, back to life.

I'm going to commit blasphemy here. I'll admit that I never could appreciate TFTO. The performances on all 4 track to me sounded drab and lifeless. The compositions are nice enough, but the original recordings sound forced, and at times, dull. The performance here of Ritual makes me want to revisit the album. Here, the orchestra brings the piece to life. And again, Howe and Squire play this piece like I've never heard them play before.

I've Seen All Good People is played straightforward, and the performance of Owner Of A Lonely Heart shows why the band usually played an acoutic, shortened version since Trevor Rabin left the band. Howe just doesn't have the same flair with the guitar synth.

And who could ever complain about Roundabout?

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#204376) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 26, 2009

Review by Menswear
5 stars It was my first seen show on DVD.

At first, the're wasn't a lot of shows on Dvd available, but this one was some of the first. In terms of quality, this show was above the others since it isn't a VHS rehash. It made me love Yes a lot more, most of the songs are really up-lifted with the use of the symphonic orchestra: Long Distance Runaround, Gates of Delirium and And You and I are simply to die for. I watched it so many times, and yet listening to the newest songs is still fun, like Don't Go and Magnification.

The band is at is very best mood, especially Anderson with some humor all along the way. He interacts very well with the crowd, lots of years of experience I guess. His voice is top-notch, bringing tears to my eyes a few times, especially in Soon from the Relayer album. If Steve Howe didn't prove you his legendary talent, this DVD will. His solo acts are troubadouresqly wonderful; just watch it. And by the way, the kid Tom Brislin on the keyboards is making it sound so easy, it's almost frustrating to watch! He sure nails the whole thing without breaking a sweat!

A classic in my own book.

Send comments to Menswear (BETA) | Report this review (#204584) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 27, 2009

Review by TheGazzardian
3 stars Yes' contribution to progressive rock in 2009 is a CD version of a concert that they recorded in 2001 and that has been available for some time on DVD. Probably intended to cash in on all the listeners who didn't get the limited edition of the DVD that came with CDs as well, this album seems somewhat uninspired in its timing.

Every track on this album has been released on a previous Yes live album, with the exception of Overture (the introduction they used during their symphonic tour) and Don't Go, which is not the best song Yes has done in recent years, although mildly fun. It does benefit from the inclusion of many of Yes' better epics, including complete versions of Close To The Edge, The Gates of Delirium, and Ritual. Close to the Edge has been done at least twice before (Yessongs, Keys to Ascension 2), and Gates of Delirium and Ritual were both released on Yesshows.

What makes this album worth purchasing, however, is the existence of an orchestra backing Yes up. The fact that they chose to play three of their most cherished epics, despite being previously released, only adds to the value of this collection. The orchestra makes these songs new and fresh again, even in 2009 (unless you owned the DVD). And the song collection is pretty holistic, gathering most of their biggest tracks from throughout the years while also giving ample time to their new (at the time of recording) release.

Yes fans own enough copies of them that hearing I've Seen All Good People, Roundabout, and Owner of a Lonely Heart at the end of this collection is actually more of a detriment than anything, even with the orchestra. But for listeners who haven't heard the band before, this album gives a great overview of what they have done and at the same time does it in a somewhat new way. That gives this album a bit of value beyond the hardcore audience. Although it is not their most essential live album, it will still provide value to any prog listener. Three stars.

Send comments to TheGazzardian (BETA) | Report this review (#257482) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Review by ProgressiveAttic
COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
5 stars Yes doesn't get old

Despite of how old they look (specially Howe) 33 years after their 1969 debut they still are as dynamic and talented as always.

The early 2000s was a very good era for Yes and a rebirth of their prog style that we all love. After almost 20 years of pop incursions (most of which are very enjoyable) the "classic" Yes prog lineup of such (monumental) albums as Tales From Topographic Oceans and Going For the One reappeared after the return of Rick Wakeman in 1996 with the live Keys To Ascension which included brand new studio material in the vein of their 70s masterpieces, showing how they are still in shape and creative. Wakeman left the band again (studio-wise) but the renewed symphonic prog spirit wasn't lost and with the help of Igor Khoroshev (keyboards and vocals) and Billy Sherwood (guitars, keyboards and vocals) they recorded the amazing The Ladder. Two years latter the band returned to the studio with Jon Anderson, Steve Howe, Chris Squire, Alan White and a SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA!!!! to record Magnification (now that's symphonic prog), which, as the title announces, is really magnificent. And not only that.... they also toured with the orchestra!!! This is the recorded statement of such a tour.

It was about time! Yes finally decided to join the tradition of original monsters of symphonic prog such as The Moody Blues, Renaissance, ELP, etc. of playing with a symphonic orchestra. And that's not all, the set-list is the kind of thing that put a smile in the face of any "classic" Yes fan, including concert classics such as: Starship Trooper, I've Seen All Good People and Roundabout and monumental masterpieces from Close to the Edge, Relayer and Tales from Topographic Oceans (my personal favorite), many of which they haven't played for years. This without counting the lovely and magnificent pieces from Magnification.

This album is one of the proofs that Wakeman isn't indispensable for Yes to play masterful symphonic prog, even though if Patrick Moraz isn't available. The only thing you need to replace the Cape Crusader is a more than competent pianist such as Tom Brislin and an orchestra!. Here you can experience the best from the Yes prog catalog in a new dimension and as powerful as during the 70's.

Other than that we have Howe's usual outstanding and breathtaking solo, a great rendition of radio hit Owner of a Lonely Heart (only representative of the pop era) as a very appropriate closer to the concert and Jon's narrations between piece and piece indispensable on every Yesshow. Everything presented with an almost perfect sound quality.

At the end this is a masterpiece of a live album, with absolute masterpieces renewed and presented as never before. Every single track in the album is performed with such quality (including Owner of a Lonely Heart) that it is difficult to find live albums like this one.

The highlights, for me, are: Close to the Edge, Ritual, The Gates of Delirium, Starship Trooper, In the Presence of and Howe's solo.

Send comments to ProgressiveAttic (BETA) | Report this review (#269162) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 01, 2010

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars This Yes live album is way better seen on DVD of course but this is still masterful music with some of Yes' best live material. It features an orchestra that serves to enhance the music rather than detract. Of particular note are the stellar versions of 'Close To The Edge' all 20 minutes of it, 'In The Presence Of', 'The Gates Of Delirium' clocking 23:30, and one of the best renditions of 'Starship Trooper' I have heard.

The concert also boasts some soloing from Steve Howe which is always a treat, ad on CD 2 a wonderful setlist includes 'Magnification', 'And You And I', and a 28 minute version of Topographic's 'Ritual'. Of course stalwart classics are here such as 'I've Seen All Good People', 'Owner Of A Lonely Heart' and 'Roundabout'.

The sound quality is excellent and it all wraps up beautifully on 2 packed CDs. This is one of the best live performances and it is captured on DVD which far outweighs the audio but nevertheless 4 stars for the genius music is well deserved.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#763355) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 04, 2012

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
5 stars After the remarkable Magnification, which featured a full orchestra, it only made sense to record a concert in the same vein, and it's fascinating to hear many Yes classics accompanied by such an ensemble. While I agree that "The Firebird Suite" is Yes' official entrance theme, I appreciated their use of the stunning introduction to "Give Love Each Day" to begin the concert.

Symphonic Live boasts three epic masterworks. Opening with "Close to the Edge," the band performs this at a pace that doesn't quite suit the energy the piece deserves, although I find Steve Howe's cleaner tone more enjoyable than his tone on the original. "The Gates of Delirium," from that peaceful beginning to that peaceful ending and all the cacophony in between, is always wonderful and welcome. Clocking in at nearly a half an hour, "Ritual" features extended bass soloing and a nod to "The Ancient."

Three traditional Yes songs are rendered better here than on any other live album I have heard. "Long Distance Runaround" is light and dashing, with Alan White brightening the song considerably. "Starship Trooper" is full-bodied and ethereal. Finally, "And You and I," with that phenomenal orchestral backing, transports the listener to another world.

Two songs, however, just don't belong in the set list. Of all the stellar material on Magnification, the band opts to include "Don't Go," which is the second weakest piece from that album (that adjective, of course, belonging to "Soft as a Dove"). I would have preferred to have heard the uplifting and progressive masterpiece "We Agree" instead. And as much as I enjoy "Owner of a Lonely Heart," the song seems inappropriate among everything else on the album. "Hearts" (from the same album, 90125) would have been a stirring penultimate song. Still, the inclusion of these two songs is hardly anything to fuss over.

This is one of Yes' greatest live offerings.

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#1222109) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 25, 2014

3 stars Enjoyable, but mean-spirited audio of critically acclaimed and popular concert, performed on DVD. Mean-spirited? I just feel that this concert warranted a double CD. The band have played safe with their track choice, limiting it to their 'well known' and shorter tracks, which in many cases ... (read more)

Report this review (#859561) | Posted by sussexbowler | Thursday, November 15, 2012 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Classic!! This is the very first Yes live DVD concert I ever saw, and boy did it blow my mind! I already had "Fragile" and "Relayer" in my Yes collection by the time I got a hold of this, and I was planning to get "Close to the edge" next, since I had heard great things about it. I saw this ... (read more)

Report this review (#465128) | Posted by Moonstone | Monday, June 20, 2011 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Why ? Yes is a band with a very big, symphonic sound. After all, this is one of the handful of bands who put symphonic back into music again. They re-connected the music business again with the likes of Ludwig Van Beethoven, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Johan Sebastian Bach. Not to mention ... (read more)

Report this review (#362492) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Friday, December 24, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This album is ont of the best gathered-live contect Yes ever put up on CD or DVD. The musicianship is great as always and age did not mark the band members in any negative way. They still have the force that's been driving them for years. Basically you'll like this if you are an Yes fan, and ... (read more)

Report this review (#233089) | Posted by aSimionescu | Thursday, August 20, 2009 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This is, by far, the best live album I've heard in my whole life. Of course, I'm a big Yes fan, but trying to be imparcial, my opinion is based on the technical and musical virtues of this album. The musicians are in their best shape, and the addition of Tom Brislin on keyboards was a sucess. Howe ... (read more)

Report this review (#226029) | Posted by fmatah | Saturday, July 11, 2009 | Review Permanlink

5 stars What to say ? The best Yes' songs with an orchestra behind ! Great versions of these classics... the best tracks are Close to the Edge, The Gates of Delirium, Ritual (Nous Sommes du Soleil), Starship Trooper and And You And I. The new songs Don't Go and Magnification are also extraordinary. It is re ... (read more)

Report this review (#205150) | Posted by claugroi | Tuesday, March 03, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Symphonic Live"