SYMPHONIC LIVE

Buy YES Music
Live, released in 2009

CD 1
1. Overture (2:30)
2. Close To The Edge (20:30)
3. Don't Go (4:29)
4. In The Presence Of (11:03)
5. The Gates Of Delirium (23:30)
6. Steve Howe Guitar Solo (6:25)

CD 2
1. Starship Trooper (12:18)
2. Magnification (7:23)
3. And You And I (11:15)
4. Ritual (28:21)
5. I've Seen All Good People (7:20)
6. Owner Of A Lonely Heart (5:48)
7. Roundabout (6:28)

with
- Tom Brislin / keyboards
- Wilhelm Keitel / orchestra conductor

Eagle Records ER 20152-2

Thanks to Evolver for the addition

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Symphonic Live Music

Songs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary ConcertSongs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary Concert
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
Rhino/Elektra 2003
The Studio Albums 1969-1987The Studio Albums 1969-1987
Atlantic Catalog Group 2013
YES WHAT! 1 - 6 Classic OZ Radio Show CDs like new US $55.24 Buy It Now 50m 24s
SHIRLEY BROWN - YES SIR BROTHER / WOMAN TO WOMAN..U.S TRUTH US $9.73 Buy It Now 51m 34s
THE DATE WITH SOUL: Yes Sir, That's My Baby / Bee Side Soul RARE 45 NM NORTHERN US $49.99 Buy It Now 52m 20s
Close to the Edge by Yes US $4.24 Buy It Now 53m 27s
Exodus The Most Beautiful Day- Polish symph prog CD 1980 Eloy Yes Genesis US $7.50 Buy It Now 1h
sonic & trip - yes please - Japan CD J-POP - 8Tracks US $10.99 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Do Me Bad Things : YES! CD (2001) US $3.98 Buy It Now 1h 23m
YES Going For The One 1977 1st U.K. pressing LP in Triple Fold-Out Sleeve! US $10.56 Buy It Now 1h 32m
PROMO WHITE LABEL / YES AND YOU AND I / 7INCH 45RPM US $299.99 Buy It Now 1h 39m
YES The Yes Album LP EX UK 1971 Atlantic Records Gatefold Sleeve US $19.48 Buy It Now 2h 5m
YES Classic 1981 JP LP + "7" EP & song sheet US $26.28 Buy It Now 2h 14m
DJ RAGS yes yes y'all CD 3 track b/w represent and ol dirty loop (hard20cd) euro US $8.11 Buy It Now 2h 16m
CHRISTIE ALLEN Magic Rhythm / Only Yes Will Do 1979 OZ 45 US $8.73 Buy It Now 2h 19m
BECK GUERO CD ALTERNATIVE ROCK NINTH ALBUM E-PRO HELL YES GIRL MISSING BRAND NEW US $19.26 Buy It Now 2h 20m
YES BIG GENERATOR PRODUCT NEW ALBUM RABIN HORN .1987 30X20cm CUTTING ADVERT US $6.48 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Yes - Relayer CD JDC US $13.70 Buy It Now 2h 55m
RICK WAKEMAN(YES)AUGUST 200? TOUR POSTER MINT US $5.22 Buy It Now 3h
Yes - and Friends new and sealed 2CD US $4.86 Buy It Now 3h 13m
SMOKEY ROBINSON YES IT'S YOU LADY 1982 MOTOWN US $3.25 [0 bids]
YES - Lift Me Up / Give & Take 1991 USA Arista Records 7" Single & Label Sleeve US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 18m
YES - CLOSE TO THE EDGE - LP RECORD 33 RPM - 1972 US $16.23 [0 bids]
BUFFSEEDS casino CD 3 track digipack b/w yes i started the instore fight and eve US $8.11 Buy It Now 3h 57m
YES - UK CONCERT LIVE TOUR FLYER 2014 - SQUIRE - HOWE - DOWNES - DAVISON US $1.61 [0 bids]
The Yes Album (Exp & Rem) Jon Anderson Steve Howe Bill Bruford Tony Kaye US $9.41 [0 bids]
45 RPM RECORD / THE SENSATIONS / LET ME IN & OH YES, I'LL BE TRUE / ARGO / 5405 US $5.99 Buy It Now 4h 10m
YES 90125 INSERT RARE ISRAEL LP US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 36m
Yes! ~ Jason Mraz US $8.99 Buy It Now 4h 41m
YES DRAMA (1980 VINYL LP IN A GATEFOLD SLEEVE+INSERT) US $16.23 Buy It Now 4h 42m
YES CLOSE TO THE EDGE 1972 ATLANTIC K 50012 EX US $8.04 [0 bids]
YES TALES FROM TOPOGRAPHIC OCEANS DOUBLE ALBUM 1973 ATLANTIC K80001 EX US $6.42 [0 bids]
Yes - Close To The Edge music cd US $3.23 [0 bids]
YES THE YES ALBUM 1971 JAPAN CD OBI 2000yen 20P2 1ST PRESS US $39.99 Buy It Now 4h 51m
The Beatles Ticket To Ride/Yes It Is Vinyl 45 on Capitol Records US $75.00 [0 bids]
BONNIE OWENS 'How Can Our Cheatin' Be Wrong' / Yes I Love You Only Promo 45 nice US $2.82 [0 bids]
CD "YES I AM MELISSA" MELISSA ETHERIDGE / Come to My Window / +++ US $0.99 [0 bids]
Lavatory - Yes It Hurts CD 1996 Tug Records US $29.00 Buy It Now 5h 21m
Yes Tormato LP US $8.12 Buy It Now 5h 23m
LP - Yes Big Generator vinyl record album 1987 US $4.86 Buy It Now 5h 26m
LP - Yes Fragile vinyl record gatefold album + booklet 1971 Atlantic rare US $64.96 Buy It Now 5h 27m
LP - Yes Tormato vinyl record album 1978 Atlantic US $8.11 Buy It Now 5h 28m
Yes Going for the One 1977 Original Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED! US $17.16 Buy It Now 5h 31m
ELUVEITIE:Yes We Can:T-shirt:NEW:Pick from 4 sizes US $26.32 Buy It Now 5h 32m
FRESH & ONLYS, The - Yes Or No - 7" US $8.51 Buy It Now 5h 37m
Yes, Please by Fourplay (CD, Aug-2000, Warner Bros.) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Jon Anderson - Animation - Great NM LP - Yes man US $7.00 Buy It Now 5h 41m
Jon Anderson - 3 Ships - Beautiful NM LP - Yes man US $5.00 Buy It Now 5h 41m
Yes - Close to The Edge, Going for The One, Drama ,Yes Shows - 4 LP Record Set US $19.95 [0 bids]
YES CLOSE TO THE EDGE LP ORIGINAL 1972 FRENCH PRESSING IN TEXTURED SLEEVE US $19.48 Buy It Now 5h 59m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - THOMPSON TWINS - YES - ARTIST 486 US $11.35 Buy It Now 6h 2m
THE CHI LITES-HAVE YOU SEEN HER-YES IM READY US $0.16 [1 bids]
JON ANDERSON (YES) 'IN THE CITY OF ANGELS' US IMPORT LP 'PROMOTION ONLY' COPY US $16.23 Buy It Now 6h 13m
YES - DON'T KILL THE WHALE - NEW ZEALAND PRESSING 7" 45 VINYL RECORD 1978 US $11.31 Buy It Now 6h 13m
YES 'GOING FOR THE ONE' UK LP US $14.60 Buy It Now 6h 24m
YES '90125' GERMAN IMPORT LP US $12.98 Buy It Now 6h 24m
YES 'YESTERDAYS' UK LP US $12.98 Buy It Now 6h 24m
YES 'THE YES ALBUM' UK LP 1st PRESSING A1/B1 ORANGE/PLUM LABEL US $64.96 Buy It Now 6h 24m
YES 'SHOWS' US IMPORT DOUBLE LP US $16.23 Buy It Now 6h 24m
YES 'DRAMA' UK LP GATEFOLD SLEEVE US $12.98 Buy It Now 6h 24m
YES 'TALES FROM TOPOGRAPHIC OCEANS' US IMPORT DOUBLE LP US $16.23 Buy It Now 6h 24m
YES 'CLASSIC YES' US IMPORT LP US $14.60 Buy It Now 6h 24m
YES 'TORMATO' UK LP US $12.98 Buy It Now 6h 24m
YES 'THE YES ALBUM' US IMPORT LP US $16.23 Buy It Now 6h 24m
YES '9012 LIVE THE SOLOS' GERMAN IMPORT LP US $11.35 Buy It Now 6h 24m
KLYMAXX 45rpm w/pic slv...I'D STILL SAY YES...MCA...VG++/VG++...'87 US $4.75 Buy It Now 6h 24m
RAY CHARLES YES INDEED NM- MONO LP DG vinyl 8025 US $48.95 Buy It Now 6h 26m
PATRICK MORAZ MINT SELF TITLED PROMO YES Vinyl Album LP US $19.95 Buy It Now 6h 26m
Richie Davis - Still Say Yes ORIG JA 7" JAMMYS EX US $4.87 Buy It Now 6h 27m
YES DRAMA PLAY GRADE EXC!! US $12.95 Buy It Now 6h 28m
YES THE YES ALBUM PLAY GRADE EXC! US $14.95 Buy It Now 6h 34m
YES "YES SHOWS" PLAY GRADE NM!! TOP COPY!! US $12.95 Buy It Now 6h 35m
Beenie Man - Oh Yes No Guess ORIG JA 7" Shocking Vibes EX DANCEHALL US $4.86 Buy It Now 6h 38m
Yes - Yessongs (NEW CD) US $10.95 Buy It Now 6h 38m
Yes - Tormato (Remastered) (NEW CD) US $8.43 Buy It Now 6h 39m
YES)STEVE HOWE Japan 1975 LP BEGINNING US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 47m
YELLOWCARD - WHEN YOU'RE THROUGH THINKING, SAY YES - NEW CD US $9.97 Buy It Now 6h 51m
rare YES rock band lot set SORCERER'S APPRENTICE vinyl lp record + LEAVE IT 12" US $19.99 [0 bids]
CD Clearance - final markdown. Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge US $0.99 [0 bids]
Pet Shop Boys - Yes (NEW CD) US $14.20 Buy It Now 6h 55m
YES The Studio Albums 1969-1987 2013 12x CD Box Set NEW & SEALED US $63.27 Buy It Now 7h
YES:Every Little Thing 5:24-Sweetness 3:49-U.S.7" 1970 Atlantic Recs. 45-2709 DJ US $34.98 Buy It Now 7h 3m
Various Artists,CD,Top Hits of 80s,INXS,A-Ha,Devo,Yes,Ambrosia,Escape Club,Todd US $7.99 Buy It Now 7h 4m
EMERSON LAKE PALMER LP~TRILOGY~1972 USA 1ST PRESS~COTILLION SD9903 PROG YES US $4.99 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake and Palmer s/t Cotillion ORIGINAL '71 US PRESSING PROG YES US $6.99 [0 bids]
JOHNNY RAY - YES TONIGHT JOSEPHINE NEW CD US $247.57 Buy It Now 7h 12m
Lot of 4 70's CDs Yes Fragile The Eagles James Taylor Cat Stevens Tea Tillerman US $18.00 Buy It Now 7h 13m
Yes I Will - Gilberto Sextet SALSA Ultra Rare CD Barrio US $49.99 Buy It Now 7h 20m
Yes - Tormato (1994) US $4.86 [0 bids]
YES-CLOSE TO THE EDGE-12" LP ALBUM-ATLANTIC 1972-K 50012 US $5.67 [0 bids]
CROSSPULSE/CROSSPULS - I LIKE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU (YES I DO!) - NEW CD US $10.21 Buy It Now 7h 34m
Atlantic cd The Very Best Of Yes US $2.50 Buy It Now 7h 35m
Yes - Symphonic Live (NEW CD) US $12.57 Buy It Now 7h 36m
Yes - Nakashima,Miki New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $31.16 Buy It Now 7h 41m
Yes, Please by Happy Mondays (CD, Sep-1992, Elektra (Label)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
MARVELETTES "HE'S A GOOD GUY (YES HE IS)" CLASSIC EARLY MOTOWN LISTEN! US $12.98 Buy It Now 7h 50m
Vintage 10" Vocalion Aeolian Co. shellac pressing-Yes, We Have No Bananas. US $3.99 Buy It Now 7h 51m
YES - Big Generator (reissue) - gatefold heavyweight vinyl LP US $48.07 Buy It Now 7h 55m
Yoko Ono - Yes, I'm a Witch (2007) - CD - VG US $6.48 [0 bids]
MELISSA ETHERIDGE-YES I AM USED CD US $1.79 Buy It Now 7h 56m
Yes(Vinyl LP Gatefold)Drama-Atlantic-K 50736-UK-VG/VG US $13.19 Buy It Now 8h
Yes(Vinyl LP Gatefold 2nd State)Yes-Atlantic-K 40034-UK-Ex+/Ex+ US $40.59 Buy It Now 8h 4m

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Symphonic Live ratings distribution

YES Symphonic Live reviews

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
4 stars Another live Yes album? Do we need another one?

This is the CD version od the DVD released back in 2002 (which I haven't seen).

Is this Yes with an orchestra instead of a keyboard player? NO! The orchestra fills in for much of the absence of a full-fledged Yes keyboardist, but Tom Brislin fill in nicely for many of the necessary keyboard parts.

So let's go:

Skip track 1, Overture, it's just the tape played while the band enters - you've heard this before.

Close To The Edge starts out a bit sloppy. It's too bad they start with this song, as it's obvious that the band is not fully warmed up until about halfway through the song. The final verses and choruses are spectacular, with Squire & Howe playing as intricately as ever. Brislin does a nice job on the keyboard solo, but I would prefer if he had not tried so hard to play Wakeman's solo note-for-note.

Don't Go and In The Presence Of are nice renditions of songs from the Magnification album, and provide a nice warm up to the highlight of the first disk, The Gates Of Delirium. The orchestra does quite a bit to make this song very large sounding. Squire, Howe and White all play this one with a fury I've never heard from them before. This one is going right to my MP3 player.

The obligatory Steve Howe guitar solo ends the first disk. Doesn't he get tire of playing Mood For A Day at every show?

Disk 2 begins with fine performances of Starship Trooper and Magnification. And You And I benefits the most from the orchestra, with the arrangement bringing this old piece, which I had been tired of hearing, back to life.

I'm going to commit blasphemy here. I'll admit that I never could appreciate TFTO. The performances on all 4 track to me sounded drab and lifeless. The compositions are nice enough, but the original recordings sound forced, and at times, dull. The performance here of Ritual makes me want to revisit the album. Here, the orchestra brings the piece to life. And again, Howe and Squire play this piece like I've never heard them play before.

I've Seen All Good People is played straightforward, and the performance of Owner Of A Lonely Heart shows why the band usually played an acoutic, shortened version since Trevor Rabin left the band. Howe just doesn't have the same flair with the guitar synth.

And who could ever complain about Roundabout?

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#204376) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 26, 2009

Review by Menswear
5 stars It was my first seen show on DVD.

At first, the're wasn't a lot of shows on Dvd available, but this one was some of the first. In terms of quality, this show was above the others since it isn't a VHS rehash. It made me love Yes a lot more, most of the songs are really up-lifted with the use of the symphonic orchestra: Long Distance Runaround, Gates of Delirium and And You and I are simply to die for. I watched it so many times, and yet listening to the newest songs is still fun, like Don't Go and Magnification.

The band is at is very best mood, especially Anderson with some humor all along the way. He interacts very well with the crowd, lots of years of experience I guess. His voice is top-notch, bringing tears to my eyes a few times, especially in Soon from the Relayer album. If Steve Howe didn't prove you his legendary talent, this DVD will. His solo acts are troubadouresqly wonderful; just watch it. And by the way, the kid Tom Brislin on the keyboards is making it sound so easy, it's almost frustrating to watch! He sure nails the whole thing without breaking a sweat!

A classic in my own book.

Send comments to Menswear (BETA) | Report this review (#204584) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 27, 2009

Review by TheGazzardian
3 stars Yes' contribution to progressive rock in 2009 is a CD version of a concert that they recorded in 2001 and that has been available for some time on DVD. Probably intended to cash in on all the listeners who didn't get the limited edition of the DVD that came with CDs as well, this album seems somewhat uninspired in its timing.

Every track on this album has been released on a previous Yes live album, with the exception of Overture (the introduction they used during their symphonic tour) and Don't Go, which is not the best song Yes has done in recent years, although mildly fun. It does benefit from the inclusion of many of Yes' better epics, including complete versions of Close To The Edge, The Gates of Delirium, and Ritual. Close to the Edge has been done at least twice before (Yessongs, Keys to Ascension 2), and Gates of Delirium and Ritual were both released on Yesshows.

What makes this album worth purchasing, however, is the existence of an orchestra backing Yes up. The fact that they chose to play three of their most cherished epics, despite being previously released, only adds to the value of this collection. The orchestra makes these songs new and fresh again, even in 2009 (unless you owned the DVD). And the song collection is pretty holistic, gathering most of their biggest tracks from throughout the years while also giving ample time to their new (at the time of recording) release.

Yes fans own enough copies of them that hearing I've Seen All Good People, Roundabout, and Owner of a Lonely Heart at the end of this collection is actually more of a detriment than anything, even with the orchestra. But for listeners who haven't heard the band before, this album gives a great overview of what they have done and at the same time does it in a somewhat new way. That gives this album a bit of value beyond the hardcore audience. Although it is not their most essential live album, it will still provide value to any prog listener. Three stars.

Send comments to TheGazzardian (BETA) | Report this review (#257482) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Review by ProgressiveAttic
COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
5 stars Yes doesn't get old

Despite of how old they look (specially Howe) 33 years after their 1969 debut they still are as dynamic and talented as always.

The early 2000s was a very good era for Yes and a rebirth of their prog style that we all love. After almost 20 years of pop incursions (most of which are very enjoyable) the "classic" Yes prog lineup of such (monumental) albums as Tales From Topographic Oceans and Going For the One reappeared after the return of Rick Wakeman in 1996 with the live Keys To Ascension which included brand new studio material in the vein of their 70s masterpieces, showing how they are still in shape and creative. Wakeman left the band again (studio-wise) but the renewed symphonic prog spirit wasn't lost and with the help of Igor Khoroshev (keyboards and vocals) and Billy Sherwood (guitars, keyboards and vocals) they recorded the amazing The Ladder. Two years latter the band returned to the studio with Jon Anderson, Steve Howe, Chris Squire, Alan White and a SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA!!!! to record Magnification (now that's symphonic prog), which, as the title announces, is really magnificent. And not only that.... they also toured with the orchestra!!! This is the recorded statement of such a tour.

It was about time! Yes finally decided to join the tradition of original monsters of symphonic prog such as The Moody Blues, Renaissance, ELP, etc. of playing with a symphonic orchestra. And that's not all, the set-list is the kind of thing that put a smile in the face of any "classic" Yes fan, including concert classics such as: Starship Trooper, I've Seen All Good People and Roundabout and monumental masterpieces from Close to the Edge, Relayer and Tales from Topographic Oceans (my personal favorite), many of which they haven't played for years. This without counting the lovely and magnificent pieces from Magnification.

This album is one of the proofs that Wakeman isn't indispensable for Yes to play masterful symphonic prog, even though if Patrick Moraz isn't available. The only thing you need to replace the Cape Crusader is a more than competent pianist such as Tom Brislin and an orchestra!. Here you can experience the best from the Yes prog catalog in a new dimension and as powerful as during the 70's.

Other than that we have Howe's usual outstanding and breathtaking solo, a great rendition of radio hit Owner of a Lonely Heart (only representative of the pop era) as a very appropriate closer to the concert and Jon's narrations between piece and piece indispensable on every Yesshow. Everything presented with an almost perfect sound quality.

At the end this is a masterpiece of a live album, with absolute masterpieces renewed and presented as never before. Every single track in the album is performed with such quality (including Owner of a Lonely Heart) that it is difficult to find live albums like this one.

The highlights, for me, are: Close to the Edge, Ritual, The Gates of Delirium, Starship Trooper, In the Presence of and Howe's solo.

Send comments to ProgressiveAttic (BETA) | Report this review (#269162) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 01, 2010

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars This Yes live album is way better seen on DVD of course but this is still masterful music with some of Yes' best live material. It features an orchestra that serves to enhance the music rather than detract. Of particular note are the stellar versions of 'Close To The Edge' all 20 minutes of it, 'In The Presence Of', 'The Gates Of Delirium' clocking 23:30, and one of the best renditions of 'Starship Trooper' I have heard.

The concert also boasts some soloing from Steve Howe which is always a treat, ad on CD 2 a wonderful setlist includes 'Magnification', 'And You And I', and a 28 minute version of Topographic's 'Ritual'. Of course stalwart classics are here such as 'I've Seen All Good People', 'Owner Of A Lonely Heart' and 'Roundabout'.

The sound quality is excellent and it all wraps up beautifully on 2 packed CDs. This is one of the best live performances and it is captured on DVD which far outweighs the audio but nevertheless 4 stars for the genius music is well deserved.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#763355) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 04, 2012

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
5 stars After the remarkable Magnification, which featured a full orchestra, it only made sense to record a concert in the same vein, and it's fascinating to hear many Yes classics accompanied by such an ensemble. While I agree that "The Firebird Suite" is Yes' official entrance theme, I appreciated their use of the stunning introduction to "Give Love Each Day" to begin the concert.

Symphonic Live boasts three epic masterworks. Opening with "Close to the Edge," the band performs this at a pace that doesn't quite suit the energy the piece deserves, although I find Steve Howe's cleaner tone more enjoyable than his tone on the original. "The Gates of Delirium," from that peaceful beginning to that peaceful ending and all the cacophony in between, is always wonderful and welcome. Clocking in at nearly a half an hour, "Ritual" features extended bass soloing and a nod to "The Ancient."

Three traditional Yes songs are rendered better here than on any other live album I have heard. "Long Distance Runaround" is light and dashing, with Alan White brightening the song considerably. "Starship Trooper" is full-bodied and ethereal. Finally, "And You and I," with that phenomenal orchestral backing, transports the listener to another world.

Two songs, however, just don't belong in the set list. Of all the stellar material on Magnification, the band opts to include "Don't Go," which is the second weakest piece from that album (that adjective, of course, belonging to "Soft as a Dove"). I would have preferred to have heard the uplifting and progressive masterpiece "We Agree" instead. And as much as I enjoy "Owner of a Lonely Heart," the song seems inappropriate among everything else on the album. "Hearts" (from the same album, 90125) would have been a stirring penultimate song. Still, the inclusion of these two songs is hardly anything to fuss over.

This is one of Yes' greatest live offerings.

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#1222109) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 25, 2014

3 stars Enjoyable, but mean-spirited audio of critically acclaimed and popular concert, performed on DVD. Mean-spirited? I just feel that this concert warranted a double CD. The band have played safe with their track choice, limiting it to their 'well known' and shorter tracks, which in many cases ... (read more)

Report this review (#859561) | Posted by sussexbowler | Thursday, November 15, 2012 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Classic!! This is the very first Yes live DVD concert I ever saw, and boy did it blow my mind! I already had "Fragile" and "Relayer" in my Yes collection by the time I got a hold of this, and I was planning to get "Close to the edge" next, since I had heard great things about it. I saw this ... (read more)

Report this review (#465128) | Posted by Moonstone | Monday, June 20, 2011 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Why ? Yes is a band with a very big, symphonic sound. After all, this is one of the handful of bands who put symphonic back into music again. They re-connected the music business again with the likes of Ludwig Van Beethoven, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Johan Sebastian Bach. Not to mention ... (read more)

Report this review (#362492) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Friday, December 24, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This album is ont of the best gathered-live contect Yes ever put up on CD or DVD. The musicianship is great as always and age did not mark the band members in any negative way. They still have the force that's been driving them for years. Basically you'll like this if you are an Yes fan, and ... (read more)

Report this review (#233089) | Posted by aSimionescu | Thursday, August 20, 2009 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This is, by far, the best live album I've heard in my whole life. Of course, I'm a big Yes fan, but trying to be imparcial, my opinion is based on the technical and musical virtues of this album. The musicians are in their best shape, and the addition of Tom Brislin on keyboards was a sucess. Howe ... (read more)

Report this review (#226029) | Posted by fmatah | Saturday, July 11, 2009 | Review Permanlink

5 stars What to say ? The best Yes' songs with an orchestra behind ! Great versions of these classics... the best tracks are Close to the Edge, The Gates of Delirium, Ritual (Nous Sommes du Soleil), Starship Trooper and And You And I. The new songs Don't Go and Magnification are also extraordinary. It is re ... (read more)

Report this review (#205150) | Posted by claugroi | Tuesday, March 03, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Symphonic Live"