THE FINAL DAY

3. Taxi (4:27)
4. Compra (4:34)
5. Cometa rossa (3:59)
6. Senza fiato (4:40)
7. Piccolo mio sole (4:22)
8. Depeche toi (3:55)

- Marco Fabbri / All drums
- Lorenzo Giovagnoli / Voice and Keyboards

Distributed by Lizard Records LIZARD CD 0058

Thanks to DamoXt7942 for the addition

ODESSA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ODESSA The Final Day Music

Final Day: Il Giorno Del GiudizioFinal Day: Il Giorno Del Giudizio
2009
0 result found for "ODESSA"
Visit LPCDressisues.com for more results

More places to buy ODESSA music online Buy ODESSA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ODESSA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ODESSA The Final Day ratings distribution

ODESSA The Final Day reviews

3 stars This is ODESSA's second album, but it's been 10 years since their debut ! Some heaviness at times but there really is quite a bit of variety on this one. The vocals are probably the "make or break it" for most listeners i'm sure. He sings in a higher register and is almost shrill at times, like his vocals are straining. Vocals are in Italian mostly but two tracks are sung in English.

"Final Day" really got me excited the first time I heard the intro. I thought I had discovered a new favourite band. It's so melodic and heavy but when it settles 1 1/2 minutes in and piano, organ and vocals come in, suddenly the magic is gone for me.Thankfully it ends much like it started. Still a top three track for me. "Viene La Sera" is a good sounding song with prominant crisp drumming throughout. The guitar 3 1/2 minutes in is the highlight. "Taxi" is led by drums and vocals until it turns jazzy 3 1/2 minutes in. Not a fan of this one. "Compra" is uptempo with a variety of keyboards with vocals that seem yelled much of the time. It's ok.

"Cometa Rossa" is where the vocalist does his Demetrio Stratos impersonation. I remember saying "What ?" the first time I heard those familiar vocal melodies that Demetrio is famous for. This is an excellent track regardless and a top three for me. It gets heavier 2 minutes in. "Senza Fiato" is an instrumental and my other top three tune. Just an impressive instrumental display here as they let loose. It settles 2 minutes in with some nice guitar work to follow. "Piccolo Mio Sole" is laid back with reserved vocals. More passion a minute in. The guitar soars before 3 minutes. "Depeche Toi" is fairly heavy with lots going on. Guitar takes the lead and starts to light it up. A calm when vocals arrive. Great sound 3 minutes in. "Leila" opens with the focus on the vocals then it turns poppy. Yikes ! The contrasts continue. "Going South" is a powerful organ led tune to end it.

3 stars is the max I can give here, but I can see people really going crazy for this album.

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
2 stars Screamy prog-italiano by my opinion, using many elements that should be otherwise successful, but as it is now, it fails. Somehow, somewhere, but it fails. Not only that it tears my ears, it's also unnecessary wild and lacks stability, sounds like bunch of sounds done in wild tempo. Where's the beauty of RPI, where is dignity, all that is left here is dervish dance. However, sometimes it's not so bad, like in first Final Day track, even there's in general weird feeling I have about all this. I heard few RPI of this year and have to say that this genre is not in crisis. Should be crossover prog, I have to say, where is it ?

2(+), disappointment.

3 stars Toward The Final Day, ODESSA can exactly go on their heavy-rocked road! Their after-10-years-silence second work The Final Day (il giorno del giudizio...the day of the judgment) has got the point of Italian hard progressive rock. I've heard they be influenced by early AREA so can get the pictu ... (read more)

Report this review (#204713) | Posted by DamoXt7942 | Saturday, February 28, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ODESSA "The Final Day"