INTRODUCING LEMON

RIO/Avant-Prog

Cheer-Accident Introducing Lemon album cover

Buy CHEER-ACCIDENT Music
Studio Album, released in 2003

1. The Autumn Wind Is a Pirate (22:37)
2. Camp o' Physique (4:06)
3. Zervas (3:36)
4. Track 29 (6:59)
5. The Day After I Never Met You (2:44)
6. (The) Men's Wide Open (3:03)
7. Smile (5:02)

- Thymme Jones / Drums, vocals, trumpet, moog, casio, harmonica
- Jeff Libersher / Guitars
- Dylan Posa / Bass, guitar, Casio, microcassette, air organ
- Jamie Fillmore / Guitars

CD SkinGraft GR71CD (2003)

Thanks to Bj-1 for the addition

CHEER-ACCIDENT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Frozen Enduring The American Dream, 1997

Audio CD$4.99 (used)
Not a FoodNot a Food
Pravda Records 1996
Not a Food by Cheer-Accident (CD, Feb-1996, Pravda Records) US $0.99 [0 bids]
CHEER ACCIDENT SEVER ROOTS TREE DIES COMPLACENCY LP 1988 N/M IN SHRINK W/LINER US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CHEER ACCIDENT - Dumb Ask - CD (Complacency ?- CPCD02002) US $29.34 Buy It Now 2 days
Fear Draws Misfortune * by Cheer-Accident (CD, Jan-2009, Cuneiform Records) US $13.28 Buy It Now 2 days
Cheer Accident Not a Food CD, Feb-1996, Pravda Records US $5.95 [0 bids]
CHEER -ACCIDENT - SALAD DAYS NEW CD US $19.57 Buy It Now 4 days
CHEER-ACCIDENT - FEAR DRAWS MISFORTUNE * - NEW CD US $12.02 Buy It Now 5 days
CHEER -ACCIDENT - FEAR DRAWS MISFORTUNE NEW CD US $23.23 Buy It Now 5 days
Cheer-Accident - Fear Draws Misfortune [CD New] US $15.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Cheer-Accident - Salad Days [CD New] US $13.81 Buy It Now 6 days
Salad Days - Cheer-accident New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $18.54 Buy It Now 8 days
DEAD RIDER Chills on Glass LP vinyl NEW SEALED drag city us maple cheer-accident US $14.99 Buy It Now 8 days
CHEER ACCIDENT Introducing Lemon - Double LP/Vinyl NEW Progressive Rock US $15.99 Buy It Now 10 days
GUMBALLHEAD THE CAT BY CHEER-ACCIDENT (CD) US $20.50 Buy It Now 13 days
CHEER-ACCIDENT - SALAD DAYS [CHEER-ACCIDENT] - NEW CD US $11.07 Buy It Now 13 days
Cheer-Accident - Salad Days CD US $17.29 Buy It Now 14 days
Cheer Accident - Fear Draws Misfortune CD US $19.57 Buy It Now 14 days
CHEER-ACCIDENT - NO IFS, ANDS OR DOGS - NEW CD US $14.41 Buy It Now 14 days
CHEER -ACCIDENT - NO IFS ANDS OR DOGS NEW CD US $23.23 Buy It Now 14 days
Cheer-Accident/Sever Roots, Tree Dies/LP vinyl record album/still sealed US $29.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Cheer-Accident - No Ifs Ands Or Dogs [CD New] US $14.48 Buy It Now 15 days
Fear Draws Misfortune - Cheer-accident New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $22.91 Buy It Now 16 days
Cheer-Accident - No Ifs Ands Or Dogs CD US $19.57 Buy It Now 17 days
Gumballhead the Cat - Cheer-accident New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $18.03 Buy It Now 21 days
CHEER-ACCIDENT - INTRODUCING LEMON - NEW CD US $12.49 Buy It Now 24 days
Cheer-Accident : Not a Food CD (1996) US $6.46 Buy It Now 24 days
Cheer-Accident - Introducing Lemon [CD New] US $15.47 Buy It Now 24 days
Cheer-Accident What Sequel? CD US $15.00 Buy It Now 24 days
Cheer Accident : Dumb Ask CD US $8.07 Buy It Now 24 days
CHEER -ACCIDENT - INTRODUCING LEMON NEW CD US $19.57 Buy It Now 24 days
Cheer Accident - Introducing Lemon CD US $17.41 Buy It Now 25 days
CHEER-ACCIDENT-No Ifs, Ands Or Dogs CD NEW US $17.42 Buy It Now 25 days
No Ifs,Ands Or Dogs - Cheer-accident New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $22.91 Buy It Now 27 days

More places to buy CHEER-ACCIDENT music online Buy CHEER-ACCIDENT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CHEER-ACCIDENT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CHEER-ACCIDENT Introducing Lemon ratings distribution

CHEER-ACCIDENT Introducing Lemon reviews

Review by Cesar Inca
4 stars If "Fear Draws Misfortune" was the album through which I began to get acquainted with Illinois avant-prog act Cheer-Accident (and in fact, it was part of my personal 2009's Top 10), 2003's "Introducing Lemon" has become my absolute favorite recording from this band among the few that I have been knowing and enjoying in the last 6 months. With the nuclear quartet of drummer/keyboardist Thymme Jones, bassist/keyboardist Dylan Posa and guitarists Jeff Libersher and Jamie Fillmore, plus lots of guests on sundry reeds (mostly), violin and vibraphone, the sonic tapestry arranged and delivered throughout this album happens to be exciting, colorful, with constant potential for surprise. The album's repertoire is bookmarked with two 22 minute long epics, so magnificence and eclectic experimentation are guaranteed on both ends. 'The Autumn Wind Is a Pirate' opens up the album with a straightforward exaltation created by the combination of agile guitar inputs, dynamic rhythmic schemes and massive brass ornaments. A few seconds before getting at the 2'30" mark, things shift toward a grayish mood, probably inspired by Art Bears and Faust-like musique concrete in equal terms, which in turn serves as a bridge toward a warm motif that feels relatively related to Indie pop. This moment of evocative warmth is not too complacent either, since the drum arrangement is heavily jazzy and the atonal guitar leads bring Frith airs (as opposed to the easy-going lead guitars you usually find in your pop-rock hits). Once the track steps beyond the 12 minute barrier, the track turns punchy, something like a Crimsonian refurbishment of standard stoner rock. Before the 15 minute mark, the track retakes the intro motif before setting the final motif, which pretty much mixes the fire of jazz-rock and the playful madness of RIO. The spectacular architecture of saxes, trumpets and trombones brings a Zappaesque note to the fold. As for the closing suite, entitled 'Find' and segued with the preceding piece, it starts bursting out with genuine rocking power. The initial motif is electrifying and catchy, with a reasonable use of sophistication prog-style. A following section moves to a reflective ambience, intimate, softly minimalistic in a post-rock sort of way. With the entrance of a choral arrangement that reminds us of Henry Cow at the 15 minute mark, the track settles an air of expectation that eventually leads to a fiery jam ? this one ends up elaborating an intense set of rhythmic and environmental variations that find the band flirting with math-rock and noise-rock. In short, both suites are impressive in terms of creating and ordaining the band's relentlessly eclectic drive. And what do we find between these two monster pieces? 'Camp o' Physique' erupts as a jazzy satire segued to the opening suite's abrupt ending. Its burlesque overtone (playful falsettos included) reminds me of "Zoot Allures"-era Zappa. 'Zervas' bears a more ethereal mood, based on a crescendo built-up from an exotic motif; the segued piece that follows, 'Track 29', shows us yet another example of Cheer-Accident's expertise at mixing jazz-rock and Art Bears-style RIO (and it also includes a Dadaistic vocal arrangement). The linkage of 'The Day After I Never Met You' and '(The) Men's Wide Open' brings sundry ways to generate density under dynamic musical wraps ? these two tracks complete the overall sense of adventure quite conveniently. There is also a pop side in these musicians' hearts, and so, 'Smile' is the song in charge of revealing the lighter side of Cheer-Accident. This song comprises a growing piano input that ultimately leads to the ceremonious, almost creepy interlude 'While': this piece works as an introductory passage of cosmic introspection to the aforementioned suite 'Find'. "Introducing Lemon" is an exquisite avant- prog effort: the pairing of this one and "Fear Draws Misfortune" is the ideal introduction for every uninitiated.

Send comments to Cesar Inca (BETA) | Report this review (#264199) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Review by TheGazzardian
4 stars Cheer Accident are a band who seem to have no desire to be anything but what they are in a single moment of time. In 2009, they released Fear Draws Misfortune, on Cuneiform, bringing them in front of the eyes (and ears) of a myriad of pro listeners. But the band had been around for over twenty years prior to that, and released an impressive array of music in the meantime.

Introducing Lemon is a surprisingly interesting album. Musically, it has very little to do with what the band was doing on fear draws misfortune. This I perceive as a refreshing fact and an open invitation to dive into the rest of their work. A band who is willing to reinvent themselves still after so many years is a band with a true creative spirit, and that is something that Really appeals to me.

Where fear draws misfortune was full of hooks, catchy moments, and an amazing eclectic variety, Introducing Lemon finds the band playing music that is driven more by the guitars and rather unconventional singing. The album is also typified by a sense of space, which yields several more drawn out passages. When comparing the two albums, this can lead to the impression that lemon is less focussed. The music is not as easy to get into, and despite the fact that it may seem repetitive at times, is actually much more challenging than anything on Fear...

There are a variety of sounds on this album, but what we have the most of is oft-repeated themes that slowly develop into new themes, by the addition of a new element, the fading out of an old, or the altering of an existing. There are also many cases where the band will suddenly switch gears without any warning.

The album is over seventy minutes long, and with two tracks over twenty minutes, can be quite a tiring experience due to the sheer length of this music. Without any frame of reference for the sounds I was hearing, my brain was often quite taxed by the time the music came to an end. Yet, despite the fact that there was often a gap between listens, I found myself returning to this one time and again, and each time enjoying it more than the last. That on its own is a considerable feat. Over time, I find myself enjoying this album even more than Fear, despite the fact that Fear is much more accessible.

Highlights: I love the unique vocals on this one, while at times they can sound somewhat normal (part of while reminds me of the Barenaked Ladies), it's the unique almost tortured voice like on Camp o Physique and Track 29 that really stands out. There are also some great vocals in The Day After I Never Met You.

Camp o Physique is on it's own a rather amusing track, built on top of a simple bass riff and what sounds to me like one of the preprogrammed beats on a Casio Keyboard. Despite that, this song leaves no doubt as to the creative power of the band. It simply must be heard to be understood.

The Day after I Never Met You has the most catchy part of the album in the intro.

Lastly, I must mention the amazing Find. The Autumn Wind Is A Pirate might seem an obvious selection as the better 20 minute piece, with it's constantly shifting mood, but I actually find I enjoy the closing track more. Even the 8 minute section where the band oh so slowly and carefully develops a simple theme. It is as if they are saying, we have all the time we need, what's the rush? What we have to say is important enough to say the right way. So just chill and enjoy.

And, in the end, that's what this album is about. Once it clicks, that's what you'll do - you'll chill and enjoy.

Downsides: requires multiple listens to enjoy fully, and it is a long album.

Final words: unless you are convinced you will love this album, try Fear Draws Misfortune first, so when you listen to this album, you will understand that it is worth the repeated listens. But once it reaches the point where the album makes sense, it will pay off immensely.

Send comments to TheGazzardian (BETA) | Report this review (#281062) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 09, 2010

5 stars Nine Songs, nine reasons to restore one's faith and hope in the present Prog scene. These guys burst with innovation! Okay, Zappa's ghost is breathing heavily down their necks (Camp O' Physique), it's grungy, almost foo-fighterish in parts (Smile), there's some RIO (While), some Frith, some Fr ... (read more)

Report this review (#276919) | Posted by Thommy Rock | Thursday, April 08, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CHEER-ACCIDENT "Introducing Lemon"