RETURNS

Buy RETURN TO FOREVER Music
Live, released in 2009

(Disc 1)
1. Opening Prayer (2:02)
2. Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy (3:44)
3. Vulcan Worlds (13:45)
4. Sorceress (11:24)
5. Song to the Pharaoh Kings (27:17)
6. Al's Solo, including:
Spain (8:56)
7. No Mystery (8:53)

(Disc 2)
1. Friendship
Chick's Solo, including Solar (8:54)
2. Romantic Warrior (7:20)
3. El Bayo de Negro (Stanley's Solo) (11:25)
4. Lineage (Lenny's Solo) (7:39)
5. Romantic Warrior (Continued) (3:06)
6. Duel of the Jester and the Tyrant (14:10)
(Bonus Tracks)
7. 500 Miles High (12:54)
8. BBC Lifetime Achievement Award, presented by Sir George Martin; live performance of Romantic Warrior (8:21)

Search RETURN TO FOREVER Returns lyrics

Search RETURN TO FOREVER Returns tabs

- Chick Corea / keyboards
- Stanley Clarke / bass
- Al Di Meola / guitar
- Lenny White / drums

Eagle Records CAS 0000394 EDG

Thanks to Evolver for the addition

RETURN TO FOREVER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RETURN TO FOREVER Returns Music

Return To Forever - LiveReturn To Forever - Live
Cutout
2000
Audio CD$18.99 (used)
Return To Forever - Romantic Warrior - CBS - 81221Return To Forever - Romantic Warrior - CBS - 81221
CBS
Vinyl$14.95 (used)
Where Have I Known You Before/No Mystery by Return to Forever (2008-04-29)Where Have I Known You Before/No Mystery by Return to Forever (2008-04-29)
BGO Records
This Is Jazz 12 by Return to Forever (1996-09-24)This Is Jazz 12 by Return to Forever (1996-09-24)
Sony/Columbia

CHICK COREA Return to Forever MP2273 OBI LP EY6229 USD $4.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER Musicmagic 1977 STEREO VINYL LP Record Album VG+ USD $8.00 Buy It Now 8m 48s
Return To Forever No Mystery LP Polydor PD 6512 US 1975 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Return To Forever - Romantic Warrior LP VG+ 25AP 55 Japan w/Insert Vinyl Record USD $35.00 Buy It Now 1h 19m
MUSICMAGIC - **DEMO RECORD** RETURN TO FOREVER 1977 USD $1.37 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Chick Corea Quintet ~ Return to Forever/ Japan Orig LP/ Sheet USD $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
CHICK COREA AND RETURN TO FOREVER Light As A Feather LP Vinyl Captain Marvel USD $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 35m
The Anthology by Return to Forever (CD, Jul-2008, 2 Discs, Concord) USD $14.03 Buy It Now 4h 3m
Return To Forever - Anthology [CD New] USD $14.83 Buy It Now 4h 8m
Anthology - 2 DISC SET - Return To Forever 888072308473 (CD Used Very Good) USD $13.58 Buy It Now 5h 10m
Electric Lady Studio, NYC, June 1975 Return To Forever Audio CD USD $19.45 Buy It Now 6h 26m
scorpions return to forever. CD USD $10.00 Buy It Now 7h 33m
The Mothership Returns [Digipak] by Return to Forever (CD, Jun-2012, 3 Discs,... USD $16.72 Buy It Now 7h 48m
Return To Forever - Mothership Returns [CD New] USD $17.64 Buy It Now 8h 9m
Mothership Returns - Return To Forever 826992025728 (CD Used Very Good) USD $15.64 Buy It Now 8h 12m
Scorpions - Return To Forever - MediaMarkt Exclusive - 17 Tracks - SEALED USD $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 22m
RETURN TO FOREVER Romantic Warrior LP Funk Jazz Lovely copy !! USD $23.77 Buy It Now 10h 51m
JPN w/Obi - Scorpions - Return To Forever _ 2B/T USD $14.99 Buy It Now 11h 13m
Return to Forever LP Romantic Warrior CBS 1976 12" 33 RPM Jazz Instrument USD $9.95 Buy It Now 12h 4m
Minnie Ripperton 45 Lover & Friend / Return to Forever ~ VG++ USD $2.87 Buy It Now 14h 35m
Where Have I Known You Before LP Return to Forever feat. Chick Corea - 1974 USD $15.65 Buy It Now 15h 13m
THE BEST OF RETURN TO FOREVER COLUMBIA JAZZ LP USD $8.00 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA RETURN TO FOREVER ECM JAZZ LP IMPORT GERMANY USD $8.00 [0 bids]
Return To Forever featuring Chick Corea - Hymn Of The Seventh Galaxy PD 5536 USD $16.82 Buy It Now 15h 56m
SCORPIONS - Return To Forever - Vinyl (gatefold 2xLP) USD $27.08 Buy It Now 16h 9m
RETURN TO FOREVER ROMANTIC WARRIOR CBS/SONY 25AP 55 Japanese Pressing OBI LP USD $6.50 [5 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER ROMANTIC WARRIOR CBS/SONY 25AP 55 Japanese Pressing OBI LP USD $10.50 [6 bids]
17h
CHICK COREA & RETURN TO FOREVER LIGHT AS A FEATHER POLYDOR MPF 1171 Japan OBI LP USD $1.25 [2 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER MUSICMAGIC CBS/SONY 25AP 445 Japanese Pressing Vinyl LP USD $0.99 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA RETURN TO FOREVER LP ORIG '72 ECM 1-1022 JAZZ FUSION CRYSTAL SILENCE USD $3.99 Buy It Now 17h 8m
CHICK COREA RETURN TO FOREVER POLYDOR 25MJ 3220 Japanese Pressing OBI Vinyl LP USD $1.80 [3 bids]
CHICK COREA RETURN TO FOREVER POLYDOR MPF 1136 Japanese Pressing OBI Vinyl LP USD $1.04 [2 bids]
CHICK KOREA QUINTET RETURN TO FOREVER POLYDOR MP 2273 Japanese Pressing Vinyl LP USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Return to Forever Music magic JAPAN MINI LP BLU RAY CD SEALED USD $39.99 Buy It Now 17h 32m
CHICK COREA QUINTET RETURN TO FOREVER POLYDOR MP 2273 Japanese Pressing Vinyl LP USD $0.99 [1 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER - ELECTRIC LADY STUDIO,NYC,JUNE 1975 CD NEW+ USD $26.32 Buy It Now 19h
Soul Promo 45 Return To Forever (Featuring Chick Corea) - Jungle Water Fall / Ju USD $3.00 [0 bids]
20h
Chick Corea - Return To Forever - ECM 1022 ST - LP Vinyl Record USD $22.43 Buy It Now 20h 51m
RETURN TO FOREVER - The Best Of - LP - Korea Press - NM Copy! USD $7.76 Buy It Now 20h 58m
Return To Forever "Romantic Warrior" 1976 NM Nice Jazz Fusion 1st LP USD $15.00 Buy It Now 22h 27m
AIRTO-FREE*CTI 8000*1979*FUNK*COREA/PURIM/BENSON/CARTER*RETURN TO FOREVER*EXC USD $1.98 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER CHICK COREA Japan 1978 Mail Order NM LP RETURN TO FOREVER USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Chick Corea Return To Forever - Light As A Feather - LP Vinyl Record USD $26.39 Buy It Now 1 day
Pat Metheny - Chick Corea Return to Forever- Di Meola - De Lucia- McLauhlin CD USD $12.51 [2 bids]
Lot of 4 CHICK COREA / RETURN TO FOREVER LP'S Fusion Jazz No Mystery Musicmagic USD $22.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Return To Forever (Chick Corea)-Lot Of 3 LP's (Warrior,Mystery,Known)-VG-/NM USD $5.99 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA & AL DiMEOLA Return To Forever "No Mystery" 1975 POLYDOR STEREO LP USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Return To Forever Chick Corea Where Have I Known You Before Japan CD J33P-50001 USD $4.99 [1 bids]
Return To Forever Chick Corea vinyl LP album record Japanese MP2273 POLYDOR USD $38.23 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW Return To Forever (Audio CD) USD $22.17 Buy It Now 1 day
The Best of Return to Forever Return to Forever Vinyl Record USD $14.46 Buy It Now 1 day
Return to Forever [Chick Corea] [4988005651198] New CD USD $27.08 Buy It Now 1 day
SCORPIONS RETURN TO FOREVER BRAND NEW SEALED CD 2015 USD $12.08 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER Romantic Warrior REMASTERED CD Chick Corea AL DI MEOLA Clarke USD $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CHICK COREA RETURN TO FOREVER 1972 LP ECM JAZZ EICHER STERLING BOB LUDWIG NM USD $29.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Scorpions - Return to Forever (CD, Sep-2015, Sony BMG) USD $4.99 [0 bids]
Return To Forever ?- Romantic Warrior Vinyl LP - PC 34076 USD $17.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Return to Forever - Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy LP USD $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Return To Forever Feat Chick Corea NO MYSTERY LP OBI INSERT JAPAN MP-2470 MINT USD $129.99 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA/RETURN TO FOREVER No Mystery POLYDOR Stereo VG++ USD $7.15 Buy It Now 1 day
SCORPIONS Return to Forever 180g 2LP gatefold New Sealed Vinyl 2 LP USD $31.42 Buy It Now 1 day
Return to Forever feat. Chick Corea - No Mystery CD OBI USD $14.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Return to Forever by Scorpions (CD, 2015, Sony) MADE IN ARGENTINA USD $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Scorpions - Return to Forever New Vinyl LP USD $28.19 Buy It Now 1 day
Return to Forever - Musicmagic CD OBI USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Return to Forever feat. Chick Corea - Light As A Feather CD OBI USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Return to Forever - Return to Forever CD OBI s/t self titled chick corea USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Return To Forever- No Mystery- new/sealed 8 Track tape- rare? USD $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CHICK COREA Return to Forever MP2273 LP Ez0391 USD $4.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER CHICK COREA Hymn Of The Seventh Galaxy LP POLYDOR PD 5536 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CHICK COREA Return To Forever LP VINYL 4 Track Heavy Vinyl Pressing (2727884) USD $30.75 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER ROMANTIC WARRIOR LP PC 34076 USD $12.81 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER - ROMANTIC WARRIOR CHICK COREA 1976 ELECTRIC FUSION JAZZ LP USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Scorpions Audio CD DVD Return to Forever (Tour Edition) USD $12.99 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA Return to Forever MP2273 LP Fa0192 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER FEATURING CHICK COREA RARE 8 Track 1974 Where Have I Known... USD $17.88 Buy It Now 2 days
(4LP) Jazz Lot Tjader Return to Forever Pete Rugolo Atlantic Mono VG+ to NM USD $19.99 [0 bids]
USD $25.99 Buy It Now
ROMANTIC WARRIOR - RETURN TO FOREVER - LP - JAZZ ROCK BAND FROM GERMANY USD $7.66 Buy It Now 2 days
Donny Hathaway - Extension Of A Man LP SD 7029 Stanley Clarke Return to Forever USD $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RETURN TO FOREVER (Chick Corea) - Jungle Waterfall (Promo) USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
CHICK COREA Return To Forever JAPAN 24k GOLD CD w/PS+INSERT J25J-29024 Free S USD $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Electric Lady Studio NYC June 1975, Return To Forever, 5297961900318 USD $17.52 Buy It Now 2 days
Return to Forever [Deluxe Edition] by Scorpions [+4 Bonus Track] USD $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Return to Forever by SCORPIONS (Audio CD) Hard Rock & Metal BRANDNEW USD $11.45 Buy It Now 2 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - MUSICMAGIC - OBI JAPAN LP USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Slip Treble: Scorpions : Return To Forever : Tour Edition : CD & 2 DVDs Sealed USD $36.30 [0 bids]
Scorpions - Return to Forever CD New & Sealed USD $59.63 Buy It Now 2 days
Scorpions - Return To Forever (Tour Edition) CD New & Sealed USD $18.41 Buy It Now 2 days
Return To Forever - Romantic Warrior CD New & Sealed USD $8.36 Buy It Now 2 days
Forever by Chick Corea/Lenny White/Return to Forever/Stanley Clarke (Double... USD $20.56 Buy It Now 2 days
The Anthology by Return to Forever (CD, Jul-2008, 2 Discs, Concord) USD $20.56 Buy It Now 2 days
CHICK COREA-RETURN TO FOREVER-3 LP'S-WHERE HAVE I KNOWN YOU BEFORE-FRIENDS-PAINO USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Return To Forever Hymn Of The 7th Galaxy test press White label Vinyl LP Corea USD $21.11 Buy It Now 2 days
Scorpions-Return to Forever CD NEW USD $17.87 Buy It Now 2 days
Return To Forever-best of return to forever 1978 UK CBS music cassette MINT USD $1.31 [1 bids]
Return to Forever Feat. Chick Corea Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy LP 1973 Polydor USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Scorpions-Return to Forever Vinyl / 12" Album NEW USD $24.90 Buy It Now 2 days
Return To Forever - The Best of LP vinyl record FACTORY SEALED USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SCORPIONS - RETURN TO FOREVER + 4 BONUS TRACKS - JAPAN BLU SPEC2 PREMIUM EDITION USD $41.39 Buy It Now 2 days
RETURN TO FOREVER W/ CHICK COREA No Mystery JAZZ LP SHRINK POLYDOR USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy RETURN TO FOREVER music online Buy RETURN TO FOREVER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RETURN TO FOREVER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RETURN TO FOREVER Returns ratings distribution

RETURN TO FOREVER Returns reviews

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
5 stars This is the live album we've always wanted from Return To Forever. It's about time we had a live recording of the best incarnation of RTF. From start to finish, this pair of CDs just blazes with stellar virtuosity.

The sound is remarkably clear, and the selections cover all of the best RTF albums, from Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy through Romantic Warrior.

I would be hard-pressed to find highlights on these disks, as to me, the entire album is highlights. Even the solo pieces, including the drum solo (and I am usually bored by drum solos), make me smile.

But if I must choose favorite tracks, I'd have to select Song to the Pharoah Kings on disk 1, and Duel of the Jester and the Tyrant on disk 2.

This is 2 and a half hours of eargasms.

If you don't believe me, the album can be heard in it's entirety (at least for now) at Chick Corea's web site.

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars 3.5 stars really!!!

One of the most frustrating thing about RTF's classic discography was that the only two Live albums released dated from the last line-up, which was most forgettable as well. Indeed both the "red" Live album (from 77) and the "blue" Live album (from 79; but I could have reversed the dates and colours) were definitely not giving a good idea of RTF's stage presence, because the last line-up was simply not carrying its previous heritage correctly, even if Farrell had come back.... Anyway, this flaw has been somewhat remedied to since this release is about the best (most celebrated?) RTF line-up (let's forget about Connors's short tenure in RTF); and although the performance is about 2008's reformation and world tour, not about 70's hidden and forgotten-about concert performance tapes, it's still something to cherished for fans

The first disc is a fantastic trip down the main line-up's run of four albums (let's again forget about Connors), even if we can deplore being light of Seventh Galaxy content (whaaaat, no Captain Mouse, Space Circus or Mothership??), and the funkier No Mystery gets also a quick shrug (just the title track) , the WHIKYB gets a better treatment with the stellar Vulcan World and the elongated (almost twice the original length) Pharoah track and a touch of RW with the outstanding Sorceress, which will be better explored later. YES, the band still has it and although there were alarming news about Lenny White's shoulder mobility, it was surely not audible on such a recording, as he's quite up on par with his three colleagues, with ADM getting the lead since his lengthy solo sequence found its place in this disc.

The second disc is of lesser interest because it contains three of the four lengthy solo section (Chick, Stanley and Lenny) stick between two tracks from Romantic Warrior (eponymous & Jester), and it can seem somehow a bit arduous. Of the three solo sections, I preferred Clarke's, because Chick was a bit soporific in his slot. The good news is that the RW material has lost the GG feeling it had in its studio version, but then again they had three full decades to digest that influence. Two bonus tracks come on here, the first is a pure gift and bliss: 500 Miles High is a lengthy track from the Farrell/Moreira line-up and it's a complete joy to see that they did remember the first two albums after all.

Coupled with way toooo little attention to Seven Hymn, I will rate this with one full star taken away, however, for also including the ceremony of the BBC awards (that's REALLY tacky and definitely NOT a bonus) and let's face it, did we need another Romantic Warrior on the same disc as the one from the concert/tour and its reprise??? Surely a big "faute de gout", especially with George Martin describing "RTF being between jazz and mainstream"... Coming from the man who muzacked everything he touched in the 79's and 80's, you'd wonder if Chick is smoking the same Jamaican cigars than me. I certainly don't see Sir George's description as one worth publishing, but to each his own.. I hope that this'll not be present on the upcoming DVD.

Review by Gatot
5 stars Return To Forever (RTF) has been a very special band throughout my musical career. Do I have a musical career? Well, ...music has been in my life since I was teenagers and I was quite intense with music when I was 14. Of course as listener because I am not a musician at all. Why is it that RTF very special because by definition I have been more into symphonic prog than jazz fusion? First, I was hooked with the music the first time I listened to RTF seventh album 'Music Magic' from a cassette owned by my friend sometime in 1976 / 1977. Since then I was curious about RTF and tried to search other albums. The reason I liked was the composition that was very dynamic, complex but it still maintained excellent harmonies especially with the inventive keyboard work by Chick Corea - one of the founding fathers of RTF. Second, my debut as music reviewer with this wonderful ProgArchives started with writing short review about Return To Forever 'Music Magic' album. It's so memorable to me.

Amazing Talents resulted Great Performance!

Throughout its career, RTF has made seven studio albums spanning from 1972 to 1977. I got this live CD 'Returns' last week and I am very happy to see the band reunited for the first time in 25 years time. 'Returns' is the live album that this classic RTF line-up, from fourth album 'Where Have I known You Before' (1974) until sixth album 'Romantic Warrior' (1976). The line-up is Lenny White on drums, Al Di Meola on guitar plus two founding members Stanley Clarke (bass) and Chick Corea (piano, keyboard). After the last studio album each band members went to solo or collaborated with other jazz musicians. Chick Corea had been issuing solo album since the 60s and after RTF last album he released phenomenal album 'The Mad Hatter' (1978) which has tracks similar to RTF especially 'Dear Allice'. It's quite strange that Chick Corea has not been featured here on this site while his mates Stanley Clarke and Meola have been featured here. I recommend Chick Corea solo albums are included here as well.

With improvements in both instrument, recording technology as well as members' musical skills after they individually performed solo work and collaborative effort this performance sounds really great. As Russ Davis wrote on the CD sleeve, there was a spirit of anticipation for a reunion before the 2008 Tour became a reality. Chick and Al reunited in 2006 to record Al's solo project 'Consequence of Chaos'. Al, Stanley, and Lenny appeared together at the Fourth Annual Stanley Clarke Scholarship Benefit in Hollywood, playing RTF's Grammy winning tune 'No Mysery' with Patrice Rushen in the piano chair.

The result is a great performance recorded here in the two-CD set. Grabbing some of the best material from the guitar-driven RTF's music run?Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy (Polydor, 1973) through Romantic Warrior (Columbia, 1976)?it capitalizes on individual growth and talent since that time, making this is a wonderful live album. The music flows nicely from the ambient 'Opening Prayer' (2:02) demonstrating unique keyboard playing of Chick combined with dynamic bass guitar and stunning guitar work backed with good drumming. It seamlessly flows to the dynamic 'Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy' (3:44) where Meola plays nicely, replacing original guitarist Bill Connors.

Most songs featured here are extended from its original recording like you can hear 'Vulcan Worlds' (13:45) which contains interesting Stanley's dynamic bass guitar solo in the middle of the track. He also plays bass notes from his solo album. It's quite obvious as since the opening part bass guitar has played quite dominant role. The good thing about RTF music is that each musician does not seem to play the instrument as rhythm section. Even though the music contains solo, the other instruments play their roles to fill the music with their own dynamic playing. It happens across all the tracks offered here in this CD. When Al Di Meola plays his solo, other instruments play dynamically at the back including the jaw-dropping drumwork by Lenny. Chick Corea fills the keyboard in between the solo or sometimes he plays longer solo. You can find similar dynamic collaboration on the next track 'Sorceress' (11:24) as well. This track is quite unique as after fisrt one minute the music turns into bluesy style featuring guitar solo by Al. It's really great.

I thought I would get bored with the extremely extended 'Song to the Pharaoh Kings' (27:17) which the original version only consumes 14 minutes of duration. But at the end it turned out a wonderful journey of musical enjoyment throughout the span of 27 minutes. In fact before it ends I feel like 'why must it end?' because I still enjoy the music. There are parts where Al plays his guitar wildly combined with inventive keyboard maneuver by Chick. At the what so called rhythm section Stanley plays his bass guitar dynamically. Lenny is very skillful in his changing style of drumming. The beauty of this extended version of 'Song to the Pharaoh Kings' is the fact that each segment of the music, in any portion of the track, provides me with the joy of listening the music. The time when guitar dominates, keyboard creates another dynamic fills that sound like they are making dialogue. The bass lines are also dynamic with great skills of Stanley throughout the song.

The solo portion for Al is also very nice on track 6 where he puts his solo work from 'Children's Song #3' , 'Passion Grace & Fire', 'Mediterranean Sundance', 'Cafe 1930' and of course the famous 'Spain' plus guitar solo totaling almost close to 9 minutes duration.

Disc 2 is also another great gem with Chick's 'Friendship' followed with the legendary 'Romantic Warrio'r (7:20). I think the best track of this Disc 2, as a matter of taste, is 'Duel of the Jester and the Tyrant (14:10). The whole set of CD 2 is as enjoyable as Disc 1. It also contains bonus tracks '500 Miles High' (12:54) and 'BBC Lifetime Achievement Award, presented by Sir George Martin; live performance of Romantic Warrior' (8:21).

Conclusion

Overall, this is a masterpiece of jazz rock fusion live performance. The selection of songs as well as the band's performance are all excellent. On composition, the harmonies and frequency of change of style are masterpiece and backed up by solid structural integrity of each song as well as the whole album I think this is the best jazz rock fusion band and amazing live performance. Keep on proggin' ...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Review by snobb
4 stars One of greatest fusion band ever in it's golden line-up. All musicians have great after-band solo careers in jazz and fusion. After twenty -something years of silence, they returned back with great world tour. I can say, it possibly greatest fusion band world tour from first decade (almost) of XXI century.

I waited for them coming in the edge of my nerves. One of the best ever fusion band with great history and golden discography is coming after so many years, and what if they will destroy their glory now? Who know, what and how will they play now?

I visit their first live show in Europe in 2008 tour, happily they started their European leg from my hometown. And it was music of highest class, believe me! Concert in a hall of 2+ thousand listeners was sold some days before the date, and when I came for the party, I saw many sad faces searching for the ticket near entrance.

The concert was as great as it only could be possible, and now, listening to it in recorded version ( ok, with small differences in track listings), I realize, that in fact it's their audio monument.

Album ( as well as concert) contains their best and most popular songs from 1974 till the last album ( second, "guitar",line-up). All musicians are in great form, they are playing well known music with their maturity and using all experience they got during these 20+ yrs gone.

Don't expect too big differences from originals or too much changed sound. Corea,DiMeola,Clarke and White play not too far from originals, but with very excellent technigue. Main difference is in longer solos and plenty of small nuances.

Record ( and concert) track list is very good, and album is very representative in compositions and musicianship level as well.

I can strongly recommend it to anyone, who are interested in one of the greates fusion band ever: for newcomers it will represent grest collection of RTF songs in perfect live musicianship, for old fans it is just must have releaseof the highest level and real musicial monument for their beloved band

3 stars A short statement before starting this review: I'm a true Chick Corea fan and admirer, know and own quite a lot of his creation, especially from the 70's up to the middle 80's, but not much acquainted with his work with Return to forever, especially the late line-up. I'll try to concentrate at ... (read more)

Report this review (#315604) | Posted by ShW1 | Friday, November 12, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Fans of Return To Forever II, with the classic lineup of Chick Corea, Stanley Clarke, Lenny White and Al DiMeola, were delighted to hear about the group's reunion and tour. Unfortunately, some of us were unable to take in the concerts, but no worries, we've got this excellent live album. This i ... (read more)

Report this review (#222199) | Posted by DocB | Sunday, June 21, 2009 | Review Permanlink

3 stars A feast......... sort off. I am an unashamed big fan of their Romantic Warrior album. I think it is among the ten best albums, covered by this website. Period. So when this double live album landed in my post box, I was very happy. As happy as a cat with cream. The problem with cream is th ... (read more)

Report this review (#212578) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Monday, April 27, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RETURN TO FOREVER " Returns"