RETURNS

Buy RETURN TO FOREVER Music
Live, released in 2009

(Disc 1)
1. Opening Prayer (2:02)
2. Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy (3:44)
3. Vulcan Worlds (13:45)
4. Sorceress (11:24)
5. Song to the Pharaoh Kings (27:17)
6. Al's Solo, including:
Spain (8:56)
7. No Mystery (8:53)

(Disc 2)
1. Friendship
Chick's Solo, including Solar (8:54)
2. Romantic Warrior (7:20)
3. El Bayo de Negro (Stanley's Solo) (11:25)
4. Lineage (Lenny's Solo) (7:39)
5. Romantic Warrior (Continued) (3:06)
6. Duel of the Jester and the Tyrant (14:10)
(Bonus Tracks)
7. 500 Miles High (12:54)
8. BBC Lifetime Achievement Award, presented by Sir George Martin; live performance of Romantic Warrior (8:21)

Search RETURN TO FOREVER Returns lyrics

Search RETURN TO FOREVER Returns tabs

- Chick Corea / keyboards
- Stanley Clarke / bass
- Al Di Meola / guitar
- Lenny White / drums

Eagle Records CAS 0000394 EDG

Thanks to Evolver for the addition

RETURN TO FOREVER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RETURN TO FOREVER Returns Music

The Mothership Returns [2 CD/DVD Combo]The Mothership Returns [2 CD/DVD Combo]
Eagle Records 2012
ReturnsReturns
Eagle Records 2009
Return To Forever - Romantic Warrior - CBS - 81221Return To Forever - Romantic Warrior - CBS - 81221
CBS
Vinyl$20.00 (used)
Best of Return to ForeverBest of Return to Forever
Sony 1990
Live: Return to ForeverLive: Return to Forever
Sony 1992
RETURN TO FOREVER musicmagic LP Used_VeryGoodPromo PC 34682 Vinyl 1977 WLP CBS JazzRETURN TO FOREVER musicmagic LP Used_VeryGoodPromo PC 34682 Vinyl 1977 WLP CBS Jazz
Columbia
Audio CD$19.99 (used)
Return to Forever - MusicmagicReturn to Forever - Musicmagic
Super Audio CD - DSD
Vocalion Ltd

RETURN TO FOREVER, CHICK COREA Where Have I Known Yo UCCU-9721 CD JAPAN 2011 NEW USD $63.49 Buy It Now
RETURN TO FOREVER - MUSICMAGIC USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $29.00 Buy It Now
CHICK COREA, RETURN TO FOREVER Light As a Feathe UCCU-6037 CD JAPAN 2011 OBI USD $46.50 Buy It Now
CHICK COREA/RETURN TO FOREVER - LIGHT AS A FEATHER NEW CD USD $26.49 Buy It Now
RETURN TO FOREVER - MUSICMAGIC NEW CD USD $29.62 Buy It Now
CHICK COREA & RETURN TO FOREVER-LIGHT AS A FEATHER-JAPAN SHM-CD C94 USD $15.50 Buy It Now
CHICK COREA-RETURN TO FOREVER-JAPAN SHM-CD C94 USD $15.50 Buy It Now
AIRTO RETURN TO FOREVER LP SHRINK EX CHICK COREA STANLEY CLARKE USD $10.00 Buy It Now
Return to Forever USD $105.04 Buy It Now
Romantic Warrior Return To Forever Vinyl Record USD $22.38 Buy It Now
Martin Nievera : Return to Forever CD USD $5.99 Buy It Now
Return to Forever featuring Chick Corea - No Mystery LP Polydor PD-6512 EX USD $6.99 Buy It Now
RETURN TO FOREVER feat CHICK COREA - No Mystery - CD USD $10.56 Buy It Now 3m 29s
RETURN TO FOREVER: Musicmagic LP Jazz USD $15.00 Buy It Now 1h
Return To Forever Chick Corea - Where Have I Known You Before LP US 1974 Ex USD $11.87 [0 bids]
1975 LENNY WHITE VENUSIAN SUMMER GERMAN TEST PRESSING LP RETURN TO FOREVER DRUMS USD $58.88 Buy It Now 5h 12m
1976 STANLEY CLARKE - SCHOOL DAYS - SEALED - 8 TRACK TAPE RETURN TO FOREVER BASS USD $22.22 Buy It Now 5h 12m
Return To Forever - Romantic Warrior LP VG+ 25AP 55 Japan w/Insert Vinyl Record USD $35.00 Buy It Now 6h 32m
WEATHER REPORT - MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER. / IMPORT. (SANTANA , RETURN TO FOREVER) USD $9.81 Buy It Now 6h 42m
Return to Forever by Chick Corea (CD, Jun-2007, ECM) USD $11.99 Buy It Now 9h
Return to Forever - Anthology [New CD] Rmst USD $16.47 Buy It Now 9h 21m
SCORPIONS - RETURN TO FOREVER + 4 BONUS TRACKS - JAPAN BLU SPEC2 PREMIUM EDITION USD $42.55 Buy It Now 9h 58m
Return to Forever - Anthology [New CD] Rmst USD $16.70 Buy It Now 9h 59m
CHICK COREA-RETURN TO FOREVER-9 LP'S-NO MYSTERY-SECRET AGENT-FRIENDS-MUST SEE! USD $45.59 Buy It Now 10h 51m
Return To Forever feat Chick Corea, Jungle Waterfall ~ 1975 Polydor promo 45 USD $3.77 Buy It Now 12h 5m
Return To Forever ORIG US LP Romantic warrior NM '76 Columbia Jazz rock Fusion USD $15.06 Buy It Now 12h 33m
12" VERY RARE LP RETURN TO FOREVER BY CHICK COREA (1972) ECM RECORDS ECM 1022 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 40m
Scorpions - Return To Forever - MediaMarkt Exclusive - 17 Tracks - SEALED USD $7.00 Buy It Now 15h 35m
RETURN TO FOREVER Romantic Warrior LP Funk Jazz Lovely copy !! USD $23.76 Buy It Now 16h 4m
ICK COREA, RETURN TO FOREVER Light As A Feather UCCU-5091 CD JAPAN 2003 OBI USD $82.49 Buy It Now 18h 19m
Return to Forever - Musicmagic [New SACD] USD $25.80 Buy It Now 18h 22m
Return to Forever - Musicmagic [New SACD] USD $26.16 Buy It Now 19h
Return to Forever: Deluxe Edition USD $8.19 Buy It Now 21h 27m
Return to Forever Music magic JAPAN MINI LP BLU RAY CD SEALED USD $39.99 Buy It Now 22h 45m
Return To Forever featuring Chick Corea - No Mystery (Japan SHMCD) USD $59.00 Buy It Now 23h 25m
Where Have I Known You Before/No Mystery by Chick Corea/Return to Forever... USD $10.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Stanley Clarke Return To Forever magazine feature / interview from late 1970's USD $4.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Chick Corea Return to Forever Musicmagic 12" PROMO Vinyl Record 1977 Excellent USD $7.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Chick Corea Return to Forever Where Have I Known 12" Vinyl Record 1974 Excellent USD $7.75 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER-The Best Of (1980) DJ/Promo COLUMBIA LP USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
No Mystery by Return to Forever Featuring Chick Corea CD Made In W. Germany USD $4.27 Buy It Now 1 day
Return to Forever ? Romantic Warrior ? Rare 1976 Columbia Records US Original LP USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CHICK COREA, RETURN TO FOREVER Light As a Feathe POCJ-1977 CD JAPAN 1991 OBI USD $52.44 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER CHICK COREA Japan 1978 Mail Order NM LP RETURN TO FOREVER USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER No Mystery 12"VINYL LP record RARE VERSION album US 1975 EX/NM USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER Romantic Warrior VINYL LP promo record album 1st Ed.'76 EX/VG+ USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RARE OOP Earl Klugh CD s/t JAZZ 1976 Lee Ritenour RETURN TO FOREVER Chicago 8trx USD $7.00 [0 bids]
Chick Corea Quintet ~ Return to Forever/ Japan Orig LP/ Sheet USD $9.49 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER Music Magic JAPAN Limited MINI LP CD 1997 Mint! USD $49.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Return To Forever Romantic Warrior (Ogv) vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $48.32 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER - ROMANTIC WARRIOR - OZ PRESS JAZZ FUSION PROG ROCK LP -1976 USD $19.25 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW Return To Forever (Audio CD) USD $16.57 Buy It Now 1 day
The Best of Return to Forever Return to Forever Vinyl Record USD $14.46 Buy It Now 1 day
Return to Forever "WHERE HAVE I KNOWN YOU BEFORE" 1974 Polydor LP-PD-6509 VG+ USD $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SCORPIONS RETURN TO FOREVER BRAND NEW SEALED CD 2015 USD $12.08 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER - Romantic Warrior - CD - Import - **Mint Condition** USD $12.95 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER - Music Magic - CD - **BRAND NEW/STILL SEALED** USD $35.49 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER - LIVE *WHITE LABEL PROMO* LP USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CHICK COREA and RETURN TO FOREVER CD - The Definitive Collection - BRAND NEW USD $10.95 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER / ROMANTIC WARRIOR JAPAN CD OOP USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Chick Corea-Return To Forever-ECM 1022-GERMANY USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Return To Forever ?- Romantic Warrior Vinyl LP - PC 34076 USD $13.60 Buy It Now 1 day
Chick Corea And Return To Forever ?- Light As A Feather USD $7.00 [0 bids]
SCORPIONS Return to Forever 180g 2LP gatefold New Sealed Vinyl 2 LP USD $31.42 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER Rare live Un-bootleg cd from Berkeley 1983. "Overture" USD $5.00 [0 bids]
USD $15.00 Buy It Now
RETURN TO FOREVER LP LIVE 1978 MINT IN SHRINK HYPE STICKER USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - MUSICMAGIC (1977) - PC 34682 AL/BL, LP VG USD $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RETURN TO FOREVER Romantic Warrior 1999 Columbia Legacy CD SUPERB CONDITION USD $6.05 [0 bids]
Return to Forever - Return to Forever CD OBI s/t self titled chick corea USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Return to Forever - Romantic Warrior CD OBI USD $11.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Return to Forever - Musicmagic CD OBI USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Return to Forever feat. Chick Corea - No Mystery CD OBI USD $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SEALED 8-TRACK TAPE,JAZZ,RETURN TO FOREVER FEAT CHICK COREA, NO MYSTERY,POLYDOR USD $6.78 Buy It Now 2 days
RETURN TO FOREVER Live 2 cd set 1992 pressing 14 tracks Chick Corea 1977 USD $10.28 Buy It Now 2 days
Romantic Warrior - Return to Forever LP EX 1B/2A USD $5.99 [0 bids]
Return To Forever - Musicmagic LP VG+ White Promo PC 34682 Vinyl 1977 CBS Jazz USD $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
RETURN TO FOREVER FEATURING CHICK COREA RARE 8 Track 1974 Where Have I Known... USD $16.88 Buy It Now 2 days
Five Peace Band Live Chick Corea & John McLaughlin CD 2009 RETURN TO FOREVER USD $10.14 Buy It Now 2 days
CHICK COREA Return To Forever J28J-20217 CD JAPAN 1988 USD $40.67 Buy It Now 2 days
RETURN TO FOREVER (Chick Corea) - Jungle Waterfall (Promo) USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - Live - 2 CD - Import - **BRAND NEW/STILL SEALED** USD $38.49 Buy It Now 2 days
RETURN TO FOREVER FEATURING CHICK COREA Earth Juice 7" VINYL UK Polydor 1974 USD $6.59 Buy It Now 2 days
RETURN TO FOREVER CHICK COREA "No Mystery" Orig Vinyl LP Fusion USD $4.04 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEST OF RETURN TO FOREVER LP RECORD 12" USD $7.69 Buy It Now 2 days
AIRTO Return To Forever CD European Wounded Bird 2015 8 Track (Wou8000) USD $11.74 Buy It Now 2 days
Return to Forever [Deluxe Edition] by Scorpions [+4 Bonus Track] USD $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Return to Forever [Deluxe Edition] by Scorpions (Germany) (CD, Feb-2015) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CHICK COREA/RETURN TO FOREVER - Light As A Feather - CD - Import - **Excellent** USD $14.76 Buy It Now 2 days
Return To Forever - Scorpions - CD Album Damaged Case USD $8.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Scorpions - Return To Forever [CD] USD $8.74 Buy It Now 2 days
CHICK COREA-RETURN TO FOREVER-JAPAN HQCD Ltd/Ed E25 USD $20.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Return To Forever - Chick Corea 602527278841 (Vinyl Used Like New) USD $20.60 Buy It Now 2 days
Romantic Warrior by Return to Forever, CD. USD $7.80 Buy It Now 2 days
Return to Forever [LP] by Chick Corea (Vinyl, Feb-2010, ECM Label) USD $19.55 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - ELECTRIC LADY STUDIO,NYC,JUNE 1975 VINYL LP NEW+ USD $30.72 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - LIVE - JC 35281, JAZZ, LATIN VINYL RECORD Mint Vinyl! USD $11.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Return To Forever Ft Chick Corea Hymn Of The Seventh Galaxy Vinyl Record VG+/VG USD $6.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Return To Forever by USD $10.80 Buy It Now 3 days
Jazz Lp Chick Corea Where Have I Known You Before: Return To Forever On Polydor USD $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Scorpions Return To Forever 2 CD 7" Picture Book t-shirt USB MP3 Box Sealed USD $79.99 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy RETURN TO FOREVER music online Buy RETURN TO FOREVER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

RETURN TO FOREVER Returns ratings distribution

RETURN TO FOREVER Returns reviews

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
5 stars This is the live album we've always wanted from Return To Forever. It's about time we had a live recording of the best incarnation of RTF. From start to finish, this pair of CDs just blazes with stellar virtuosity.

The sound is remarkably clear, and the selections cover all of the best RTF albums, from Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy through Romantic Warrior.

I would be hard-pressed to find highlights on these disks, as to me, the entire album is highlights. Even the solo pieces, including the drum solo (and I am usually bored by drum solos), make me smile.

But if I must choose favorite tracks, I'd have to select Song to the Pharoah Kings on disk 1, and Duel of the Jester and the Tyrant on disk 2.

This is 2 and a half hours of eargasms.

If you don't believe me, the album can be heard in it's entirety (at least for now) at Chick Corea's web site.

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars 3.5 stars really!!!

One of the most frustrating thing about RTF's classic discography was that the only two Live albums released dated from the last line-up, which was most forgettable as well. Indeed both the "red" Live album (from 77) and the "blue" Live album (from 79; but I could have reversed the dates and colours) were definitely not giving a good idea of RTF's stage presence, because the last line-up was simply not carrying its previous heritage correctly, even if Farrell had come back.... Anyway, this flaw has been somewhat remedied to since this release is about the best (most celebrated?) RTF line-up (let's forget about Connors's short tenure in RTF); and although the performance is about 2008's reformation and world tour, not about 70's hidden and forgotten-about concert performance tapes, it's still something to cherished for fans

The first disc is a fantastic trip down the main line-up's run of four albums (let's again forget about Connors), even if we can deplore being light of Seventh Galaxy content (whaaaat, no Captain Mouse, Space Circus or Mothership??), and the funkier No Mystery gets also a quick shrug (just the title track) , the WHIKYB gets a better treatment with the stellar Vulcan World and the elongated (almost twice the original length) Pharoah track and a touch of RW with the outstanding Sorceress, which will be better explored later. YES, the band still has it and although there were alarming news about Lenny White's shoulder mobility, it was surely not audible on such a recording, as he's quite up on par with his three colleagues, with ADM getting the lead since his lengthy solo sequence found its place in this disc.

The second disc is of lesser interest because it contains three of the four lengthy solo section (Chick, Stanley and Lenny) stick between two tracks from Romantic Warrior (eponymous & Jester), and it can seem somehow a bit arduous. Of the three solo sections, I preferred Clarke's, because Chick was a bit soporific in his slot. The good news is that the RW material has lost the GG feeling it had in its studio version, but then again they had three full decades to digest that influence. Two bonus tracks come on here, the first is a pure gift and bliss: 500 Miles High is a lengthy track from the Farrell/Moreira line-up and it's a complete joy to see that they did remember the first two albums after all.

Coupled with way toooo little attention to Seven Hymn, I will rate this with one full star taken away, however, for also including the ceremony of the BBC awards (that's REALLY tacky and definitely NOT a bonus) and let's face it, did we need another Romantic Warrior on the same disc as the one from the concert/tour and its reprise??? Surely a big "faute de gout", especially with George Martin describing "RTF being between jazz and mainstream"... Coming from the man who muzacked everything he touched in the 79's and 80's, you'd wonder if Chick is smoking the same Jamaican cigars than me. I certainly don't see Sir George's description as one worth publishing, but to each his own.. I hope that this'll not be present on the upcoming DVD.

Review by Gatot
5 stars Return To Forever (RTF) has been a very special band throughout my musical career. Do I have a musical career? Well, ...music has been in my life since I was teenagers and I was quite intense with music when I was 14. Of course as listener because I am not a musician at all. Why is it that RTF very special because by definition I have been more into symphonic prog than jazz fusion? First, I was hooked with the music the first time I listened to RTF seventh album 'Music Magic' from a cassette owned by my friend sometime in 1976 / 1977. Since then I was curious about RTF and tried to search other albums. The reason I liked was the composition that was very dynamic, complex but it still maintained excellent harmonies especially with the inventive keyboard work by Chick Corea - one of the founding fathers of RTF. Second, my debut as music reviewer with this wonderful ProgArchives started with writing short review about Return To Forever 'Music Magic' album. It's so memorable to me.

Amazing Talents resulted Great Performance!

Throughout its career, RTF has made seven studio albums spanning from 1972 to 1977. I got this live CD 'Returns' last week and I am very happy to see the band reunited for the first time in 25 years time. 'Returns' is the live album that this classic RTF line-up, from fourth album 'Where Have I known You Before' (1974) until sixth album 'Romantic Warrior' (1976). The line-up is Lenny White on drums, Al Di Meola on guitar plus two founding members Stanley Clarke (bass) and Chick Corea (piano, keyboard). After the last studio album each band members went to solo or collaborated with other jazz musicians. Chick Corea had been issuing solo album since the 60s and after RTF last album he released phenomenal album 'The Mad Hatter' (1978) which has tracks similar to RTF especially 'Dear Allice'. It's quite strange that Chick Corea has not been featured here on this site while his mates Stanley Clarke and Meola have been featured here. I recommend Chick Corea solo albums are included here as well.

With improvements in both instrument, recording technology as well as members' musical skills after they individually performed solo work and collaborative effort this performance sounds really great. As Russ Davis wrote on the CD sleeve, there was a spirit of anticipation for a reunion before the 2008 Tour became a reality. Chick and Al reunited in 2006 to record Al's solo project 'Consequence of Chaos'. Al, Stanley, and Lenny appeared together at the Fourth Annual Stanley Clarke Scholarship Benefit in Hollywood, playing RTF's Grammy winning tune 'No Mysery' with Patrice Rushen in the piano chair.

The result is a great performance recorded here in the two-CD set. Grabbing some of the best material from the guitar-driven RTF's music run?Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy (Polydor, 1973) through Romantic Warrior (Columbia, 1976)?it capitalizes on individual growth and talent since that time, making this is a wonderful live album. The music flows nicely from the ambient 'Opening Prayer' (2:02) demonstrating unique keyboard playing of Chick combined with dynamic bass guitar and stunning guitar work backed with good drumming. It seamlessly flows to the dynamic 'Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy' (3:44) where Meola plays nicely, replacing original guitarist Bill Connors.

Most songs featured here are extended from its original recording like you can hear 'Vulcan Worlds' (13:45) which contains interesting Stanley's dynamic bass guitar solo in the middle of the track. He also plays bass notes from his solo album. It's quite obvious as since the opening part bass guitar has played quite dominant role. The good thing about RTF music is that each musician does not seem to play the instrument as rhythm section. Even though the music contains solo, the other instruments play their roles to fill the music with their own dynamic playing. It happens across all the tracks offered here in this CD. When Al Di Meola plays his solo, other instruments play dynamically at the back including the jaw-dropping drumwork by Lenny. Chick Corea fills the keyboard in between the solo or sometimes he plays longer solo. You can find similar dynamic collaboration on the next track 'Sorceress' (11:24) as well. This track is quite unique as after fisrt one minute the music turns into bluesy style featuring guitar solo by Al. It's really great.

I thought I would get bored with the extremely extended 'Song to the Pharaoh Kings' (27:17) which the original version only consumes 14 minutes of duration. But at the end it turned out a wonderful journey of musical enjoyment throughout the span of 27 minutes. In fact before it ends I feel like 'why must it end?' because I still enjoy the music. There are parts where Al plays his guitar wildly combined with inventive keyboard maneuver by Chick. At the what so called rhythm section Stanley plays his bass guitar dynamically. Lenny is very skillful in his changing style of drumming. The beauty of this extended version of 'Song to the Pharaoh Kings' is the fact that each segment of the music, in any portion of the track, provides me with the joy of listening the music. The time when guitar dominates, keyboard creates another dynamic fills that sound like they are making dialogue. The bass lines are also dynamic with great skills of Stanley throughout the song.

The solo portion for Al is also very nice on track 6 where he puts his solo work from 'Children's Song #3' , 'Passion Grace & Fire', 'Mediterranean Sundance', 'Cafe 1930' and of course the famous 'Spain' plus guitar solo totaling almost close to 9 minutes duration.

Disc 2 is also another great gem with Chick's 'Friendship' followed with the legendary 'Romantic Warrio'r (7:20). I think the best track of this Disc 2, as a matter of taste, is 'Duel of the Jester and the Tyrant (14:10). The whole set of CD 2 is as enjoyable as Disc 1. It also contains bonus tracks '500 Miles High' (12:54) and 'BBC Lifetime Achievement Award, presented by Sir George Martin; live performance of Romantic Warrior' (8:21).

Conclusion

Overall, this is a masterpiece of jazz rock fusion live performance. The selection of songs as well as the band's performance are all excellent. On composition, the harmonies and frequency of change of style are masterpiece and backed up by solid structural integrity of each song as well as the whole album I think this is the best jazz rock fusion band and amazing live performance. Keep on proggin' ...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Review by snobb
4 stars One of greatest fusion band ever in it's golden line-up. All musicians have great after-band solo careers in jazz and fusion. After twenty -something years of silence, they returned back with great world tour. I can say, it possibly greatest fusion band world tour from first decade (almost) of XXI century.

I waited for them coming in the edge of my nerves. One of the best ever fusion band with great history and golden discography is coming after so many years, and what if they will destroy their glory now? Who know, what and how will they play now?

I visit their first live show in Europe in 2008 tour, happily they started their European leg from my hometown. And it was music of highest class, believe me! Concert in a hall of 2+ thousand listeners was sold some days before the date, and when I came for the party, I saw many sad faces searching for the ticket near entrance.

The concert was as great as it only could be possible, and now, listening to it in recorded version ( ok, with small differences in track listings), I realize, that in fact it's their audio monument.

Album ( as well as concert) contains their best and most popular songs from 1974 till the last album ( second, "guitar",line-up). All musicians are in great form, they are playing well known music with their maturity and using all experience they got during these 20+ yrs gone.

Don't expect too big differences from originals or too much changed sound. Corea,DiMeola,Clarke and White play not too far from originals, but with very excellent technigue. Main difference is in longer solos and plenty of small nuances.

Record ( and concert) track list is very good, and album is very representative in compositions and musicianship level as well.

I can strongly recommend it to anyone, who are interested in one of the greates fusion band ever: for newcomers it will represent grest collection of RTF songs in perfect live musicianship, for old fans it is just must have releaseof the highest level and real musicial monument for their beloved band

3 stars A short statement before starting this review: I'm a true Chick Corea fan and admirer, know and own quite a lot of his creation, especially from the 70's up to the middle 80's, but not much acquainted with his work with Return to forever, especially the late line-up. I'll try to concentrate at ... (read more)

Report this review (#315604) | Posted by ShW1 | Friday, November 12, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Fans of Return To Forever II, with the classic lineup of Chick Corea, Stanley Clarke, Lenny White and Al DiMeola, were delighted to hear about the group's reunion and tour. Unfortunately, some of us were unable to take in the concerts, but no worries, we've got this excellent live album. This i ... (read more)

Report this review (#222199) | Posted by DocB | Sunday, June 21, 2009 | Review Permanlink

3 stars A feast......... sort off. I am an unashamed big fan of their Romantic Warrior album. I think it is among the ten best albums, covered by this website. Period. So when this double live album landed in my post box, I was very happy. As happy as a cat with cream. The problem with cream is th ... (read more)

Report this review (#212578) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Monday, April 27, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RETURN TO FOREVER " Returns"