PRICKLY PEAR

Buy THE SOURCE Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. Promised Land (9.58)
2. Star Dreamer (5.30)
3. Until Morning Time (11.38)
- a. Cloudless World
- b. The Sage & The Valley Of Ancient Curse
4. Thin Air (5.48)
5. Castles In The Sky (15.13)

Search THE SOURCE Prickly Pear lyrics

Search THE SOURCE Prickly Pear tabs

- Aaron Goldich / vocals, hammond organ, piano, keyboards
- Harrison Leonard / electric & acoustic guitars, vocals
- Paul Long / bass
- Isaac Watts / drums, percussion, vocals

CD Just For Kicks Music 8969 (2009 Germany)

Thanks to Rivertree for the addition

THE SOURCE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE SOURCE Prickly Pear Music

CFP 40298 Messager 2 Pigeons/Delibes Source Mackerras, Acceptable US $35.90 Buy It Now 32m 13s
And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead - Source Tags CD US $13.03 Buy It Now 44m 6s
Controlled Developments by Source Direct US $8.48 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Ryan Kisor - Power Source US $26.99 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Sensation - Source Of Light (Music CD) US $35.46 Buy It Now 2h 10m
THE SOURCE (NORWAY/J - TONIGHT'S AFRICAN JAZZ BAND (837101253048) - NEW CD US $12.86 Buy It Now 2h 54m
Source of Labor , Audio CD, Stolen Lives US $6.97 Buy It Now 3h 32m
Source of Tide - Ruins of Beauty (2000) US $5.80 Buy It Now 3h 41m
Source Direct - Exorcise The Demons (1999) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 3h 53m
OPEN SOURCE - Enormously Insignificant - CD US $21.19 Buy It Now 4h
JIMMY SCOTT-THE SOURCE-JAPAN CD B50 US $14.50 Buy It Now 4h 2m
Creative Source 45 "Who Is He And What Is He To You" ~ (Vocal / Inst) VG++ US $6.74 Buy It Now 4h 47m
Soul Source Production He knows his place Japan CD-NEW US $21.84 Buy It Now 4h 50m
The Source Presents Hip Hop Hits, Vol. 9 [Clean] [Edited] (CD, Dec-2004, Image E US $1.99 Buy It Now 5h 4m
Source Presents: Hip Hop Hits, Vol. 8 [Clean] [Edited] (CD, May-2004, Image Ente US $1.99 Buy It Now 5h 4m
The Source(7" Vinyl P/S)You Got The Love-True Love-TLOVE 7001-UK-Ex/Ex US $8.29 Buy It Now 5h 13m
Rachel Magoola - Songs From The Source Of The N (2005) - Used - Compact Dis US $3.90 Buy It Now 5h 14m
SCHNEIDER, Danilo - Source Shape - 12" US $17.60 Buy It Now 5h 39m
The Optimist LP [ECD] by Turin Brakes (CD, Mar-2001, Source UK (UK)) US $1.50 Buy It Now 6h 23m
High Profile by Bing Crosby (CD, 1997, Direct Source) US $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 40m
SEXY : HARDCORE CD Brisk & Devastate Trixxy Supernova 3rd Source Hyperdrive  US $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 10m
The Source Presents Hip Hop Hits, Vol. 9 [Clean] [Edited] (CD, Dec-2004, Imag... US $6.30 Buy It Now 7h 11m
Main source Just hangin Out (1991) LP (G) 12" US $44.96 Buy It Now 7h 30m
...And You Will Know Us by the T , Audio CD, Source Tags & Codes US $6.96 Buy It Now 7h 39m
THE SOURCE PRESENTS: HIP HOP HITS, VOL. 7 [CLEAN] [EDITED] - NEW CD US $10.32 Buy It Now 8h 21m
Kissing Classics, Vol. 2 (CD, May-2001, Direct Source) US $0.01 [0 bids]
(2 CD's ) BEASTIE BOYS + HIP-HOP THE SOURCE MUSIC AWARDS THE ALBUM + HELLO NASTY US $2.99 Buy It Now 8h 46m
Big Band #1 Hits 2005 Direct Source compilation CD Buy One CD - Get One Free US $7.50 Buy It Now 8h 50m
Big Band Sounds The DORSEY Bros 1999 Direct Source CD Buy One CD - Get One Free US $7.50 Buy It Now 8h 52m
CREATIVE SOURCE soul 45 MIGRATION / I JUST CAN'T SEE ~ SUSSEX VG++ / VG+ US $6.16 Buy It Now 9h 3m
EX/EX !! Gandalf/From Source To Sea/1988 CBS Gatefold LP US $16.60 Buy It Now 9h 12m
L. Delibes - Coppelia/La Source [CD New] US $17.52 Buy It Now 9h 48m
Turin Brakes - Bottled At Source - The Best Of T NEW CD US $14.34 Buy It Now 9h 58m
Enchanted Lands/Various (CD, Jul-2000, Direct Source) US $8.99 [0 bids]
Hip Hop [Direct Source] by Various Artists (CD, 2002, Direct Source) US $7.99 [0 bids]
STELLAR OM SOURCE - Joy One Mile - gatefold 2xLP + MP3 download code US $36.15 Buy It Now 10h 30m
Scream [Direct Source] by Various Artists (CD, Sep-2003, Direct Source) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Creative Source - Keep On Movin' 7" NM- funk soul vinyl I Just Can't See Myself US $3.99 Buy It Now 10h 48m
JUDY AND MARY - THE POWER SOURCE - 10 TRACK CD -1997 -MADE IN JAPAN - FREEPOST US $24.91 Buy It Now 11h 5m
star power: glenn miller by glenn miller (cd, nov-2001, direct source) US $4.99 Buy It Now 11h 24m
ZOMBA! MUSIC SERVICES - SOURCE MUSIC SAMPLER VOL.1 US $12.99 Buy It Now 11h 29m
Meet the Classics: Vivaldi (CD, Jul-2000, Direct Source) US $7.99 [0 bids]
Dizzy Gillespie-Closer To The Source-Electric Bird 6330-JAPAN US $14.99 Buy It Now 11h 34m
CREATIVE SOURCE NEW CD US $20.39 Buy It Now 11h 37m
GERMANY import YONDER KIDS Arsequake CD Raw Elements SOURCE 1999 NEW sealed US $14.98 Buy It Now 11h 37m
Rod Piazza - Beyond The Source [CD New] US $23.99 Buy It Now 11h 44m
Lp-JOHN HAMMOND-Source Point-1971-SIGNED US $20.00 Buy It Now 11h 47m
BEST OF DUKE ELLINGTON - DUKE ELLINGTON (DIRECT SOURCE) 141 US $2.75 Buy It Now 11h 56m
Classicworks: Master Strokes - Various Artists (CD, Jul-2000, Direct Source) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Psycho [Direct Source] by Various Artists (CD, Sep-2003, Direct Source) US $7.99 [0 bids]
Classicworks: Master Composers (CD, Jul-2000, 2 Discs, Direct Source) Complete US $2.79 Buy It Now 12h 56m
GRAVEFLOWER 2012 Returning To The Primary Source CD Doom Death My Dying Bride US $13.99 Buy It Now 13h 26m
Air "All I Need" 12 vinyl single original Source Uk US $20.00 [0 bids]
John B - Hold It Down - Creative Source Promo LISTEN US $6.63 Buy It Now 13h 36m
ISABELLE AUBRET - LA SOURCE EUROVISION FRANCE - PORTUGAL 45 EP FREE SHIPPING US $25.00 Buy It Now 14h 2m
Country Hit Parade by Glen Campbell (CD, Jan-2006, Direct Source) US $6.99 Buy It Now 14h 2m
Country Hit Parade: Hit Country Train Tracks (CD, Aug-2006, Direct Source) US $6.99 Buy It Now 14h 10m
Country Hit Parade: Country Hit Duets (CD, Jan-2006, Direct Source) US $4.89 Buy It Now 14h 12m
SOUL FAVORITES SIMPLY THE BEST SOUL COLLECTION EVER,4CD BOX SET DIRECT SOURCE 01 US $10.99 Buy It Now 14h 31m
The First Ladies of Song [Direct Source] by Various ... US $2.99 [0 bids]
VINTAGE, THE FISHER FIDELITY STANDARS, LOW DISTORTION MUSICAL PROGRAM SOURCE,NM US $5.88 [0 bids]
Sealed new Remembering Big Band CD, Direct Source US $3.99 Buy It Now 15h 28m
Big Band # 1 Hits [Direct Source 2] (CD, Aug-2005, Direct Source) US $4.21 Buy It Now 15h 34m
10,000 Hz Legend by Air (France) (CD, May-2001, Source UK (UK)) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Classic Rock: Hits of 1961 by Various Artists (CD, 1999, Direct Source) US $1.74 [0 bids]
GANDALF - FROM SOURCE TO SEA (IMPORT) NEW CD US $39.83 Buy It Now 16h 5m
Little Horrors by Various Artists (CD, Jan-2004, Direct Source) US $6.00 Buy It Now 16h 13m
Gospel Greats Holy Spirit 2003 Direct Source compilation CD Buy 1 CD -Get 1 Free US $7.50 Buy It Now 16h 16m
Blazing Southern Rock by Various Artists (CD, 2005, Direct Source) US $7.49 Buy It Now 16h 21m
Main Source - F What You Think CD US $14.74 Buy It Now 16h 31m
THE SOURCE "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOIN' ON" PE 207 PENTAGRAM VG+ 1971 VINTAGE 45 US $7.99 Buy It Now 16h 32m
70s Country Outlaw Hits by Various Artists (CD, 2006, Direct Source) US $9.99 Buy It Now 16h 46m
Creative Source - ORIGINAL 1973 Sussex Funk LP - SEALED! US $29.99 Buy It Now 16h 52m
That Wonderful Someone by Patsy Cline (CD, May-2001, Direct Source) US $5.99 Buy It Now 17h 11m
Country Legends: 18 Greatest by Various Artists (CD, Mar-2007, Direct Source) US $5.99 Buy It Now 17h 48m
Best of Miles Davis [Direct Source] by Miles Davis (CD, Jul-2007, Direct Source) US $4.99 [0 bids]
MW397 / Beethoven's Greatest Hits, Vol. 1 (CD, May-2001, Direct Source) US $3.54 [0 bids]
Country Hit Parade: Country Legends by Various Artists (CD, 2006, Direct Source) US $5.99 Buy It Now 18h 46m
Wishbone Ash CD Live in Concert (CD, 2005, Direct Source) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Classics: Chopin (CD, Jul-2000, Direct Source) US $10.00 [0 bids]
I'll Just Stay Here and Drink by Various Artists (CD, Nov-2007, Direct Source) US $15.00 Buy It Now 19h 39m
Trick or Treat [Kids Direct] by Various Artists (CD, Sep-2003, Direct Source) US $9.25 Buy It Now 19h 41m
MILLIE & ANDREA Spectral Source 12" NEW VINYL Demdike US $15.99 Buy It Now 19h 51m
2 MICHAEL JACKSON 5 JAPAN CD - SOUL SOURCE REMIX 15 TRACKS - 4 TRACKS SINGLE CD US $23.00 Buy It Now 20h 5m
Classic Rock: Hits of 1961 (CD, Jan-1999, Direct Source) US $5.99 Buy It Now 20h 13m
Various ?- Re:Source, Masters From Gramavision 1983 Jazz Rock LP Vinyl US $20.00 Buy It Now 20h 16m
Soul Source-The Soul Era : Vol. 1 (UK IMPORT/22 SONG) NEXCD 109 US $5.75 Buy It Now 20h 26m
Country Hit Parade by Don Williams (CD, Nov-2006, Direct Source) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Primordial Source - Self Title - Japan CD - NEW US $12.90 Buy It Now 20h 58m
Ray Charles - Best of Ray Charles (CD) (2007) (Direct Source Special Products) US $4.99 Buy It Now 21h 58m
Ain't Misbehavin' [Direct Source] by Louis Armstrong (CD, May-2001, Direct... US $4.89 Buy It Now 22h 29m
Best of Billie Holiday [Direct Source] by Billie Holiday (CD, Jan-2006,... US $6.99 Buy It Now 22h 37m
Star Power: Billie Holiday by Billie Holiday (CD, Nov-2001, Direct Source) US $4.89 Buy It Now 22h 39m
Best of Bing Crosby [Direct Source] by Bing Crosby (CD, 2006, Direct Source) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Anne Murray [Direct Source] by Anne Murray (CD, Jan-2006, Direct Source) US $4.89 Buy It Now 23h
Thanks for the Memories [Direct Source] by Bob Hope (CD, Aug-2003, Direct... US $6.99 Buy It Now 23h 7m
Country Hit Parade by Johnny Cash (CD, Jan-2006, Direct Source) US $6.99 Buy It Now 23h 10m
Wild West Country (CD, Nov-2006, Direct Source) US $6.99 Buy It Now 23h 24m
That Rhythm Man by Louis Armstrong (CD, May-2001, Direct Source) US $4.89 Buy It Now 23h 40m
Dizzy Gillespie: Closer To The Source LP VINYL RECORD Ft. Marcus Miller NM !! US $24.99 Buy It Now 23h 49m

More places to buy THE SOURCE music online Buy THE SOURCE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE SOURCE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE SOURCE Prickly Pear ratings distribution

THE SOURCE Prickly Pear reviews

Review by Rivertree
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Psych/Space Team & Band Submissions
4 stars Second album from the Los Angeles based band THE SOURCE. It took three years to present the follower and the sound has evolved unmistakably. 'Prickly Pear' holds five songs which are provided with a quite complex structure but also presented in a special relaxed mood, symphonic oriented, spiked with some references to wellknown prog dinosaurs too. Especially Harrison Leonard's guitar is partially showing a stylistical conformity with Steve Howe. The band is provided with a new bass player as for a major change. But former member Nico Photos was responsible for the album art work at least and he has contributed to the initial song writing before the decision occured to quit the collaboration.

The Promised Land is only reachable when using a road consisting of many curves and turns. Aaron Goldich's keyboards are leading the band with safety though. This is an interesting diversified track by all means reaching the ten minute mark - even coming near to the typical YES style sometimes. The vocals are nicely mellow - the whole music sounds very harmonic. Surprisingly this song is faded out just reaching for Star Dreamer which is somewhat dreamy indeed where Goldich concentrates on electric piano with a jazzy note and you can enjoy a nice guitar solo excursion by Leonard. Thin Air appears mysteriously to me a little bit because bordering some rare heavy rocking moments but also 60's similar vocals reminding of the Beatles. This is amazingly blended in a successful manner.

Until Morning Time comes up like a mini symphony with changes and surprises en masse where I first thought: this is overproduced unhappily. But now after listening to the album during a longer period it doesn't take effect anymore - on the contrary - I would say this song is the album's highlight ... if not ... Castles In The Sky in active competition is probably a bit more catchy presented like an extended ballad. Here we have an impressing start with excellent bass contribution - lots of acoustic and electric guitars afterwards, funfair organ, convincing polyphonic vocals.

If you are already familiar with bands like IZZ, Big Big Train, Salem Hill, Spock's Beard and like this stuff you will act in the right way when deciding to explore this album. The band delivers high quality. Not adapted for easy background listening - I could listen for another couple of times and surely would detect some new impressions. Take enough time to explore - as many others it needs space to unfold. Listeners of cultivated prog music with retro references to the 70s should pay attention.

Send comments to Rivertree (BETA) | Report this review (#212328) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 24, 2009

Review by memowakeman
3 stars Great Source!

Once again, thanks to a site like this we can discover to some new acts that are meaning to keep prog rock alive, if we turn to any side of the globe we will find some young bands trying to put their grain of sand and leave a mark on this realm, some of them fail, some of them have success, but the beauty of this is that there is always prog rock. Now, and thanks to Uwe I could listen to this young band that come from the United States called The Source, who had released one album previously, which sadly I have not listened yet, but this year they came up with their second record called "Prickly Pear" which contains 5 songs and a total time of 49 minutes, so a song average of almost 10 minutes.

The album kicks off with "Promised Land" song that caught my attention since the very first notes due to it's dense and complex musical style, the guitars and keyboards take the leadership, and after a couple of minutes the song slows down and vocals enter, and during it's 10 minutes we will find several little changes, the song is very rich, and in moments causes a sensation of happiness, there are great moments here full of complexity like in minute 7 when it turns a bit faster, and despite being a new band, their style takes some older style, I mean kind of retro prog.

"Star Dreamer", has a dreamy feeling indeed, with a soft and calm harmony and some mellow vocals, this is one of the shorter songs on this album, but it also have it's little changes and it's complexity, in some moments it may turn to a catchy and poppier song, but it is good anyways.

"Until Morning Time" is another of the epics on this album, and that retro prog feeling returns here mainly due to the keyboard sound and guitars, that sometimes remind me a bit to Yes, I can imagine Howe was an influence to The Source guitar player. Being a long song, it is obvious that here we will find several changes, all of them following a proper style that will take you to one short moment to another, at the half of the song a piano enters and gives a radical change to the melody, but again in some moments I reminds me to Yes, very nice song.

"Thin Air" is the other shorter song on the album, and begins again with a soft sound along with the melodic vocals, suddenly some heavier guitar appears, there are also some backing vocals there and a kind of funky guitar later, at the middle of the song drums and a nice piano sound appear creating a cool song.

"Castles in the Sky" is the last song of this album and it is the longest track reaching 15 minutes, the start is a bit slow but it is growing and progressing of course, there are some background organ over there , good guitar notes and after a couple of minutes it makes a stop in order to return with acoustic guitar and then vocals, after all the song remains very calm in moments it actually sounds kind of a ballad, but then there is another change with a guitar riff, I like a lot epic songs, and normally I put them as the best songs on the albums, this time it does not happen, this is a nice epic but that's it, there are better tracks on Prickly Pear, I believe this track would be better if they cut some redundant moments.

After all, it is a very nice album, with some symphonic moments but I believe this is a clear example of the so called "Crossover Prog". Claps for the band and keep the great work. My final grade is 3 stars.

Enjoy it!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#213191) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 01, 2009

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
5 stars The most intriguing album today. To be complete, I have to say that this is also my first album to review today. And to say the terrible truth, this is also first to hear this rainy day. But it sounded good at the first time.

Anyway, except joking mood, I have to say that this is one of these albums, where you know you've fell in love on first sight. Transformed to prog perspective of course "heard", but pattern is the same. Not just after one minute, but I was hooked after first seconds and during whole album. Goal almost unable to accomplish, to attract you through entire what, 45 minutes ? Impossible may some say, but this music is both melodic (I suspect them to use some well known melodies under veil of prog complexity).

When listening these songs, I feel like very depth of my heart is touched. Harmony element is beyond maximum level on scale, it's far more than what you're used to listen (I suppose), almost spooky, how well it all goes.

5(+) Time will show if this decision is right. But I feel it like that.

EDIT: Time prove my decision right, I still admire every (fuc_in) aspect of this music. And it is really hard to catch my attention with every sound here, believe me.

Another thing. It revokes my childhood melodies, long lost melody fragments (beginning of Star Dreamer for example and then all over the song till the end). Or Until Morning Time which again, is almost forcing me to close my eyes and dream. I've never encountered so strong feeling as ones shining from this album. It is so dense and trying to get attention (rightly) that I'm surprised how anybody can feel not affected. Because this is good thing about prog, when you know it's good music (no good, perfect, masterpiece like music), you can flow away and surrender yourself to music, to enjoy it completely and without any limitation. And you know that you're doing right thing. And amongst these promising elements, the most charming one would be vocal part.

Thrilling album.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#247844) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 02, 2009

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Second release of this discret and unknown band released in 2009 named Prickly pear is also a worthy affair in symphonic prog realm. This time, at least for me the album sounds little melower and softer then previous one, maybe because the guitar parts and overall instrumental sections are not so evident. The best pieces to me are Until Morning Time and Promised Land, a decent towards great tunes with excellent song writting and good performance, the rest are also ok. I like this band and I like both albums, with a plus on their first one, to me their best from the two. The Source must be discovered for sure by many prog listeners. 3 stars for sure.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#928119) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 11, 2013

3 stars The Source is a young progressive rock band based out of Los Angeles. Prickly Pear is their sophomore album and shows development within the band from their first release. I regard them and Moon Safari as great new, young, fresh progressive acts amongst a lot of older, more established bands. ... (read more)

Report this review (#225144) | Posted by natewait | Wednesday, July 08, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE SOURCE "Prickly Pear"