PRICKLY PEAR

Buy THE SOURCE Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. Promised Land (9.58)
2. Star Dreamer (5.30)
3. Until Morning Time (11.38)
- a. Cloudless World
- b. The Sage & The Valley Of Ancient Curse
4. Thin Air (5.48)
5. Castles In The Sky (15.13)

Search THE SOURCE Prickly Pear lyrics

Search THE SOURCE Prickly Pear tabs

- Aaron Goldich / vocals, hammond organ, piano, keyboards
- Harrison Leonard / electric & acoustic guitars, vocals
- Paul Long / bass
- Isaac Watts / drums, percussion, vocals

CD Just For Kicks Music 8969 (2009 Germany)

Thanks to Rivertree for the addition

THE SOURCE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE SOURCE Prickly Pear Music

Creative Source 1974 Sussex 45rpm Keep On Movin b/w Can't See Myself Without You US $8.00 Buy It Now 35m 16s
DJ Eclipse Wild Pitch Blends Mix Tape Promo Gang Starr Main Source The Coup '94 US $15.50 [3 bids]
50m 14s
Phoenix If I Ever Feel Better 12" Source 2000 US $32.28 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Main Source Fakin' The Funk Extremely Rare Cassette Single 1992 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 26m
MARILYN MONROE / 12 CLASSIC TRACKS / DIRECT SOURCE / CANADIAN IMPORT 2001 US $6.44 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Henri Salvador Chambre Avec Vue EXXOS/Source US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Source - All Along This Land [CD New] US $12.98 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Source Victoria - Fast Escape [CD New] US $15.98 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Open Source - Uncultured [CD New] US $23.99 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Source - Prickly Pear [CD New] US $14.98 Buy It Now 2h 11m
CD Benny Goodman "Big Band Legends" on Direct Source 2001 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Music of the Bee Gees by Groove Kings (CD, Jul-2007, Direct Source) US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 26m
DEAN MARTIN 3CD BOX SET. ORIGINAL AMERICAN CLASSICS, DIRECT SOURCE 2004 US $6.95 Buy It Now 2h 58m
Hip-Hop Hits, Vol. 9 [PA] CD, Dec-2004, The Source Entertainment New mfg sealed US $7.00 Buy It Now 3h 7m
WALK WITH LOVE: A GOSPEL TRIBUTE - VARIOUS ARTISTS 2-CD SET (DIRECT SOURCE) 131C US $4.50 Buy It Now 3h 11m
Nat King Cole - Golden Legends (CD, 1999, Direct Source) Made in Canada US $1.00 Buy It Now 3h 17m
Legends: Merle Haggard by Merle Haggard (CD, Jan-2002, Direct Source Special) US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 37m
THE SOURCE on each man LP 1987 DALLAS Anthony Baugh DAVID RENNKE Mike Wagliardo US $59.99 Buy It Now 3h 41m
The Best Darn Drinking Songs Ever! by Various Artists (CD, 2006, Direct Source) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin NBC Radio Source Countdown 1983 3 LP Lot US $67.41 Buy It Now 4h 17m
The Greats Sing Country by Various Artists (CD, Oct-2003, Direct Source) US $7.99 Buy It Now 4h 18m
20 Track Collection:Country Outlaws by Various Artists (CD, Direct Source) US $7.99 Buy It Now 4h 21m
SOUL SOURCE JACKSON 5 REMIXES 1 / VARIOUS (IMPORT) NEW CD US $58.51 Buy It Now 4h 30m
GRAND MASTER FLASH THE SOURCE LP IN SHRINK 930 US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 5m
Source Presents : Vol. 8-Hip Hop Hits CD (2004) US $4.97 Buy It Now 5h 13m
Direct Source Jim Reeves 20 Top Ten Hits 2 CD US $5.00 [0 bids]
5 CD lot DIRECT SOURCE CLASSICAL For Two,Romance,Love Affair,Desire,Seduction VG US $4.49 Buy It Now 5h 37m
Blue Christmas [Direct Source] by Various Artists (CD) HTF US $0.99 [0 bids]
Spa: Music Therapy by Various Artists (CD, May-2001, Direct Source) US $8.00 Buy It Now 6h 37m
Rachel Magoola-Songs From The Source Of The N CD NEW US $14.31 Buy It Now 6h 42m
Swinging Out by Various Artists (CD, 1999, Direct Source) US $0.99 Buy It Now 7h 8m
Romantica by Various Artists (CD, Jul-2000, Direct Source) US $1.70 Buy It Now 7h 8m
The Source: Vol. 1 by Big Sky (CD, Sep-1999, Edel) US $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 12m
1995 Soundworks Unlimited - The Music Source - Cassette US $15.95 [0 bids]
1995 SOUNDWORKS Unlimited The Music Source Cassette US $15.95 [0 bids]
Les Sylphides/LA Source~Peter Maag~4 Track 7.5 IPS Reel To Reel Tape US $33.99 Buy It Now 7h 52m
John Hammond Source Point LP 71' Blues Rock Charles Otis US $7.99 Buy It Now 8h 2m
Source Of Labor Sureshotsingles Vol 1 1995 HIP HOP US $7.49 Buy It Now 9h 5m
Birth of the Blues [Direct Source] by Various Artist...Factory Sealed US $8.00 Buy It Now 9h 26m
Remember When by Various Artists (CD, Direct Source) US $1.75 Buy It Now 9h 27m
VERY RARE CASSETTE TAPE~SHARON BATTS & POWER SOURCE~SOMEONE TO LOVE ME~CHRISTIAN US $2.99 [0 bids]
MASTER SOURCE Music Catalog Vol. 7 ~ Jazz, Alternative, Exotic, Country, Dance + US $37.97 Buy It Now 10h 6m
creative source / harlem underground band split 12" US $21.24 Buy It Now 10h 37m
Pass the mic 2 X LP 1996 Marly Marl De La Soul Main Source Nas ATCQ Big Daddy US $11.00 Buy It Now 11h 15m
SACRED SOURCE - SPIRIT NEW CD US $23.86 Buy It Now 12h 49m
Fats Navarro - Prime Source JAZZ MONO BLUE NOTE REISSUE BOP US $8.00 [0 bids]
Ryan Kisor - Power Source CD US $20.29 Buy It Now 13h 51m
Sensation:Source Of Light - Sensation-Source Of Light CD US $36.79 Buy It Now 13h 51m
MUSIC DE WOLFE LP - POWER SOURCE - (WOZO ELECTRONIC) - ORIG DWS/LP3412 - LIBRARY US $8.06 [0 bids]
KING PLEASURE The Source PRESTIGE NM/MINT! 2LP US $9.35 Buy It Now 14h 41m
LITTLE JIMMY SCOTT - SOURCE [LITTLE JIMMY SCOTT] - NEW CD US $9.82 Buy It Now 15h 9m
...AND YOU WILL KNOW - SOURCE TAGS & CODES [...AND YOU WILL KNOW US BY - NEW CD US $9.93 Buy It Now 15h 13m
SOURCE OF LABOR 'STOLEN LIVES' US IMPORT DOUBLE LP US $16.13 Buy It Now 16h 2m
JACKIE MCLEAN THE SOURCE VOLUME 2 INNER CITY 2020 US $4.99 [0 bids]
GERMANY import YONDER KIDS Arsequake CD Raw Elements SOURCE 1999 NEW sealed US $14.98 Buy It Now 16h 42m
O MEARA, Diarmaid - The Source - 12" US $16.94 Buy It Now 17h 25m
STELLAR OM SOURCE - Trilogy Select - CD US $27.45 Buy It Now 17h 44m
Stellar Om Source - Joy One Mile - RVNGNL020CD US $18.67 Buy It Now 17h 44m
ROTTERDAM TEMINATION SOURCE- POING VINYL 7" 45RPM P/S US $1.60 Buy It Now 17h 53m
COLLIGAN,GEORGE-CONSTANT SOURCE CD NEW US $19.84 Buy It Now 19h 10m
ABSTRACT SOURCE feat ELLIOT CHAPMAN - Day To Night - 12" US $17.10 Buy It Now 19h 17m
Roots of Rock 'N' Roll by Jerry Lee Lewis (CD, Jun-2000, Direct Source) US $4.99 Buy It Now 19h 37m
That Rhythm Man by Louis Armstrong LIKE NEW (CD, May-2001, Direct Source) US $6.49 Buy It Now 19h 39m
Cocktail Hour by Dean Martin (CD, Apr-2004, 2 Discs, Direct Source) US $10.49 [0 bids]
Dizzy Gillespie-Closer To The Source-LP-Atlantic-81646 1-Near Mint-Vinyl Record US $2.99 [0 bids]
MYSTICAL CELTIC-PERFORMED BY THE GAELIC PLAYERS (DIRECT SOURCE 2008) 2 CDS 132C US $3.49 Buy It Now 21h 26m
Sound Source Digital Hi Hats Kit Sample Loops US $7.97 Buy It Now 21h 27m
Kings Of Convenience/Versus/2001 Source Remix CD Album/Four Tet/Andy Votel US $8.06 Buy It Now 21h 37m
The Source Presents: Fat Tape Vol. 1 3LP Koch Ent. US $6.99 Buy It Now 21h 42m
Indigo Blues by Various Artists (CD, 1998, Direct Source) US $2.99 Buy It Now 21h 58m
Sax All Night Long Performed by The Jazztown Trio (CD, 2003, Direct Source) NEW! US $4.99 [0 bids]
HUTSON,LEROY CURTOM 5018 CLOSER TO THE SOURCE M- ST $35.00 US $35.00 Buy It Now 22h 15m
EIGHT FROZEN MODULES - DJ RIDDIM & SOURCE NEW VINYL US $10.34 Buy It Now 22h 27m
Air Moon Safari French Band (CD, 1998, SOURCE) US $3.79 Buy It Now 22h 35m
Various : Source Presents: Hip Hop Hits CD (2003) US $4.34 Buy It Now 22h 39m
Butterfly Kisses [Direct Source] by Various Artists (CD, Jun-2000, Direct... US $2.00 Buy It Now 22h 47m
Star Power: Peggy Lee by Peggy Lee (Vocals) (CD, Nov-2001, Direct Source) New US $1.00 Buy It Now 22h 57m
NEW! Classical Relaxation: Bach With Ocean Sounds (CD, Jul-2000, Direct Source) US $6.00 [0 bids]
CHRISTMAS WITH THE STARS [Direct Source] by Various Artists (CD, Sep-2001,... US $2.99 [0 bids]
DECEMBER MOON - Source of origin CD 96 1. p SPINEFARM US $9.99 [0 bids]
PEACEFUL CHRISTMAS (MAINSTREAM) (SOURCE) (PRESENTS) / NEW CD US $20.94 Buy It Now 1 day
Premiers Symptoms(CD, 1999, SOURCE) Made in Holland US $3.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Osama Kitajima- The Source - Jazz LP US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Air "All I Need" 12 vinyl single original Source Uk US $20.00 [0 bids]
1 CENT CD Source Presents Hip Hop Hits Vol 2 [PA] SEALED dmx 2pac jay-z e-40 US $0.01 [0 bids]
CD 'Jazzy Christmas' piano trio + piano solo + samples on Source In Sync US $2.99 [0 bids]
The Source Presents: Hip Hop Hits, Vol. 4 [PA] by Various Artists (Cassette,... US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Open Source - Ultra Deep Field [CD New] US $23.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Global Hardcore Source ?- Rave Traxx EP (TRASHMAN)(GABBER/GABBA/HARDCORE)(VG+) US $9.67 Buy It Now 1 day
Rotterdam Termination Source ?- Poing (GABBER/GABBA/HARDCORE)(VG+ CONDITION) US $9.67 Buy It Now 1 day
DISCO HOUSE 99 2-CD: SOURCE BLACK BOX CLUB 69 JOCELYN BROWN US $1.60 [0 bids]
Source Presents : Vol. 9-Hip-Hop Hits CD (2004) US $3.58 Buy It Now 1 day
Those Were the Days [Direct Source] by Various Artists US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Peaceful Christmas (Mainstream Source Presents) [CD New] US $14.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Eric Lewis - Consider The Source [CD New] US $13.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Rotating Point Source [CD New] US $8.13 Buy It Now 1 day
Michel Jonasz : Ouest La Source CD (2009) US $6.35 Buy It Now 1 day
Country Hit Parade: Country Legends (CD, Jan-2006, Direct Source) US $9.45 Buy It Now 1 day
CULTURE CLUB BOY GEORGE *RARE* RADIO PROMO LIVE CONCERT USA 1983 2xLP the source US $159.00 Buy It Now 1 day
NBC Radio News That Rocked '82 vinyl 3XLP VG+ The Source Records Stereo US $95.00 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy THE SOURCE music online Buy THE SOURCE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE SOURCE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE SOURCE Prickly Pear ratings distribution

THE SOURCE Prickly Pear reviews

Review by Rivertree
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Psych/Space Team & Band Submissions
4 stars Second album from the Los Angeles based band THE SOURCE. It took three years to present the follower and the sound has evolved unmistakably. 'Prickly Pear' holds five songs which are provided with a quite complex structure but also presented in a special relaxed mood, symphonic oriented, spiked with some references to wellknown prog dinosaurs too. Especially Harrison Leonard's guitar is partially showing a stylistical conformity with Steve Howe. The band is provided with a new bass player as for a major change. But former member Nico Photos was responsible for the album art work at least and he has contributed to the initial song writing before the decision occured to quit the collaboration.

The Promised Land is only reachable when using a road consisting of many curves and turns. Aaron Goldich's keyboards are leading the band with safety though. This is an interesting diversified track by all means reaching the ten minute mark - even coming near to the typical YES style sometimes. The vocals are nicely mellow - the whole music sounds very harmonic. Surprisingly this song is faded out just reaching for Star Dreamer which is somewhat dreamy indeed where Goldich concentrates on electric piano with a jazzy note and you can enjoy a nice guitar solo excursion by Leonard. Thin Air appears mysteriously to me a little bit because bordering some rare heavy rocking moments but also 60's similar vocals reminding of the Beatles. This is amazingly blended in a successful manner.

Until Morning Time comes up like a mini symphony with changes and surprises en masse where I first thought: this is overproduced unhappily. But now after listening to the album during a longer period it doesn't take effect anymore - on the contrary - I would say this song is the album's highlight ... if not ... Castles In The Sky in active competition is probably a bit more catchy presented like an extended ballad. Here we have an impressing start with excellent bass contribution - lots of acoustic and electric guitars afterwards, funfair organ, convincing polyphonic vocals.

If you are already familiar with bands like IZZ, Big Big Train, Salem Hill, Spock's Beard and like this stuff you will act in the right way when deciding to explore this album. The band delivers high quality. Not adapted for easy background listening - I could listen for another couple of times and surely would detect some new impressions. Take enough time to explore - as many others it needs space to unfold. Listeners of cultivated prog music with retro references to the 70s should pay attention.

Send comments to Rivertree (BETA) | Report this review (#212328) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 24, 2009

Review by memowakeman
3 stars Great Source!

Once again, thanks to a site like this we can discover to some new acts that are meaning to keep prog rock alive, if we turn to any side of the globe we will find some young bands trying to put their grain of sand and leave a mark on this realm, some of them fail, some of them have success, but the beauty of this is that there is always prog rock. Now, and thanks to Uwe I could listen to this young band that come from the United States called The Source, who had released one album previously, which sadly I have not listened yet, but this year they came up with their second record called "Prickly Pear" which contains 5 songs and a total time of 49 minutes, so a song average of almost 10 minutes.

The album kicks off with "Promised Land" song that caught my attention since the very first notes due to it's dense and complex musical style, the guitars and keyboards take the leadership, and after a couple of minutes the song slows down and vocals enter, and during it's 10 minutes we will find several little changes, the song is very rich, and in moments causes a sensation of happiness, there are great moments here full of complexity like in minute 7 when it turns a bit faster, and despite being a new band, their style takes some older style, I mean kind of retro prog.

"Star Dreamer", has a dreamy feeling indeed, with a soft and calm harmony and some mellow vocals, this is one of the shorter songs on this album, but it also have it's little changes and it's complexity, in some moments it may turn to a catchy and poppier song, but it is good anyways.

"Until Morning Time" is another of the epics on this album, and that retro prog feeling returns here mainly due to the keyboard sound and guitars, that sometimes remind me a bit to Yes, I can imagine Howe was an influence to The Source guitar player. Being a long song, it is obvious that here we will find several changes, all of them following a proper style that will take you to one short moment to another, at the half of the song a piano enters and gives a radical change to the melody, but again in some moments I reminds me to Yes, very nice song.

"Thin Air" is the other shorter song on the album, and begins again with a soft sound along with the melodic vocals, suddenly some heavier guitar appears, there are also some backing vocals there and a kind of funky guitar later, at the middle of the song drums and a nice piano sound appear creating a cool song.

"Castles in the Sky" is the last song of this album and it is the longest track reaching 15 minutes, the start is a bit slow but it is growing and progressing of course, there are some background organ over there , good guitar notes and after a couple of minutes it makes a stop in order to return with acoustic guitar and then vocals, after all the song remains very calm in moments it actually sounds kind of a ballad, but then there is another change with a guitar riff, I like a lot epic songs, and normally I put them as the best songs on the albums, this time it does not happen, this is a nice epic but that's it, there are better tracks on Prickly Pear, I believe this track would be better if they cut some redundant moments.

After all, it is a very nice album, with some symphonic moments but I believe this is a clear example of the so called "Crossover Prog". Claps for the band and keep the great work. My final grade is 3 stars.

Enjoy it!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#213191) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 01, 2009

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
5 stars The most intriguing album today. To be complete, I have to say that this is also my first album to review today. And to say the terrible truth, this is also first to hear this rainy day. But it sounded good at the first time.

Anyway, except joking mood, I have to say that this is one of these albums, where you know you've fell in love on first sight. Transformed to prog perspective of course "heard", but pattern is the same. Not just after one minute, but I was hooked after first seconds and during whole album. Goal almost unable to accomplish, to attract you through entire what, 45 minutes ? Impossible may some say, but this music is both melodic (I suspect them to use some well known melodies under veil of prog complexity).

When listening these songs, I feel like very depth of my heart is touched. Harmony element is beyond maximum level on scale, it's far more than what you're used to listen (I suppose), almost spooky, how well it all goes.

5(+) Time will show if this decision is right. But I feel it like that.

EDIT: Time prove my decision right, I still admire every (fuc_in) aspect of this music. And it is really hard to catch my attention with every sound here, believe me.

Another thing. It revokes my childhood melodies, long lost melody fragments (beginning of Star Dreamer for example and then all over the song till the end). Or Until Morning Time which again, is almost forcing me to close my eyes and dream. I've never encountered so strong feeling as ones shining from this album. It is so dense and trying to get attention (rightly) that I'm surprised how anybody can feel not affected. Because this is good thing about prog, when you know it's good music (no good, perfect, masterpiece like music), you can flow away and surrender yourself to music, to enjoy it completely and without any limitation. And you know that you're doing right thing. And amongst these promising elements, the most charming one would be vocal part.

Thrilling album.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#247844) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 02, 2009

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Second release of this discret and unknown band released in 2009 named Prickly pear is also a worthy affair in symphonic prog realm. This time, at least for me the album sounds little melower and softer then previous one, maybe because the guitar parts and overall instrumental sections are not so evident. The best pieces to me are Until Morning Time and Promised Land, a decent towards great tunes with excellent song writting and good performance, the rest are also ok. I like this band and I like both albums, with a plus on their first one, to me their best from the two. The Source must be discovered for sure by many prog listeners. 3 stars for sure.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#928119) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 11, 2013

3 stars The Source is a young progressive rock band based out of Los Angeles. Prickly Pear is their sophomore album and shows development within the band from their first release. I regard them and Moon Safari as great new, young, fresh progressive acts amongst a lot of older, more established bands. ... (read more)

Report this review (#225144) | Posted by natewait | Wednesday, July 08, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE SOURCE "Prickly Pear"