LEXIKON I

11. Kánon

Search LÁSZLÓ BENKő Lexikon I lyrics

Search LÁSZLÓ BENKő Lexikon I tabs

- Benkő László / keyboards

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

LÁSZLÓ BENKő MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LÁSZLÓ BENKő Lexikon I Music

More places to buy LÁSZLÓ BENKő music online Buy LÁSZLÓ BENKő & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LÁSZLÓ BENKő DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LÁSZLÓ BENKő Lexikon I ratings distribution

LÁSZLÓ BENKő Lexikon I reviews

Review by colorofmoney91
5 stars I'm not familiar with Laszlo Benko's previous band, Omega, but this album Lexikon I is fantastically spacey and quickly paced progressive electronic that sounds similar to the symphonic progressive rock of country-mates Solaris. One thing that stands out front on Lexikon I is the uniquely Hungarian flavor. It's all very folk-dance sounding, almost like B. Bartok's more accessible compositions, but purely electronic and spacey. All of the tracks on this album are mid- to fast- tempo tracks, and that helps keep this album from becoming boring. Lexikon I isn't about atmosphere at all, unlike most progressive electronic music, but is focused much more on interesting keyboard compositions.

This album is like Solaris' masterpiece Marsbeli Kronikak in another way: although this is an '80s recorded album, there is no new-age or pop additions included on this album. It seems as though that Hungary was the place to be for progressive music in the '80. The music and sound quality of this album sounds much more like an enhanced '70s album than anything from the '80s, and Lexikon I is definitely one of the best albums from the '80s. Honestly, this album's unique Hungarian sound mixed with spacey electronic elements makes this album both interesting enough and great enough for me to call this a masterpiece (again, like Marsbeli Kronikak).

Anyone who loves Solaris should definitely check this album out.

Send comments to colorofmoney91 (BETA) | Report this review (#439678) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Post a review of LÁSZLÓ BENKő "Lexikon I"