MIND VOL 3

3. The Coachman (2:12)
4. The Sculptor (3:21)
5. The Lyre (3:23)
6. The Pendulum (2:29)
7. Sobieski's Shield (1:17)
8. The Stern (2:53)
L'evento: 53:16
9. The Universe (6:31)
10. The Inception (6:59)
11. Rewind (7:06)
12. The Journey (11:28)
13. The Puppet Dance (6:46)
14. The History (4:28)
15. Capital Punishment (1:26)
16. Exodus (5:24)

- Franco Feruglio / double bass
- Mats Johansson / synthesizers, samplers, Theremin, musical boxes, Treatments
- Christian Saggese / acoustic guitar
- Kjell Severinsson / drums & percussion

ISILDURS BANE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ISILDURS BANE Mind Vol 3 Music

Nex 2007
Mind V.1Mind V.1
Nex 2000
Audio CD$24.99 (used)
Sea Reflections/Eight Moments of EternitySea Reflections/Eight Moments of Eternity
Nex 2007
Remastered · Import
Svenska Unikum 2000
Audio CD$40.00 (used)
Mind Volume 2 - LiveMind Volume 2 - Live

More places to buy ISILDURS BANE music online Buy ISILDURS BANE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ISILDURS BANE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ISILDURS BANE Mind Vol 3 ratings distribution

ISILDURS BANE Mind Vol 3 reviews

Review by hdfisch
4 stars Of course MIND Vol. 1 + 2 where much better than this record,they were both masterpieces, no one with some knowledge about good music can deny,I think. But on the other hand one has to consider that most of the music on here consists of improvisations and therefore I would not underrate MIND Vol.3 as well. It might be suitable only for those who are more into improvised music and for collectors / fans. But actually I find it quite well accessible since I'm just writing this review during my first listen. IMHO this album continues quite well what the group is intending with their MIND project, in the sense that they are trying to merge obviously contrary aspects of music (as they describe as well in the booklet). Composed vs. improvised music, acoustic vs. electric music, extrovert vs. introvert music ,quiet vs. loud music and Italian vs. Swedish music. If one regards this album as an avant-garde piece of art, and I think this is absolutely essential, then one has to admit that it's quite a big effort. The musicians who are all brilliant are performing very well,especially the trumpet I like very much and for a music which is mostly improvised I find it quite enjoyable (there are much worse examples in this category). As far I was listening to improvised music, only KING CRIMSON can do it equally good. But for sure MIND Vol.3 is the most difficult album of them, it's a kind of experiment and one has to see it from this aspect. I own as well its follower, which is very good in some way, but completely different to the ones before. Altogether ISILDURS BANE is a very interesting band and only few of their numerous outputs were weak and I'm looking forward how the next surprise of them will look or sound like. I'm giving 4 stars for this album because I think it's a big effort from the artistic point of view, even if it might be not the most enjoyable album from them,but it's still a nice listen for a more advanced listener. I think everyone interested in chamber rock and improvised music should have this one as well in his collection, moreover since it's a essential part of the whole MIND project. And finally I have to mention that I don't hope they will continue in the same style of MIND Vol.4 (and I'm quite sure that they will not because they are a band always changing and developing).

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#17631) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 24, 2004

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars This third part of the ''Mind'' performances is a complete mess as far as I'm concerned.

Pure jazz improvisation and far, very far from the good symphonic prog of their debut. There are hardly items to point out in here. Maybe the cold beauty of ''The Lyre'', with a definite and profound Spanish flavour. A little sad, though.

I can't be enchanted at all with this sort of ''music''. One of the worst track being ''The Pendulum'' which is best avoided (believe me). But almost every single track from this album is about the same: a complete nightmare. How is it possible to produce such a lousy album? Very strange from these Swedish guys.

I wish I never listened further their first two albums which were very good. This one is a total waste of time. Some fine saxing here and there are really the only moments of relief to be heard during this long effort (almost 75 minutes!).

When you listen to the first part of ''L'Evento'', you can only be SERIOUSLY disappointed. There is nothing in there. No prog, no nothing. Pure crap.

This is by far the worse ''Isildurs Bane'' album. A long and boring voyage into their ''Minds''. A long and useless ''press next'' exercise all the way through. After each track, I thought: he next one should be different. It will hold some great and symphonic passages. Well! Just forget it. Neither ''Rewind'', ''The Journey'' or any other track can raise the level.

I don't like this album AT ALL. Almost eighty minutes (gosh!) of poor improvisation. I really can't stand this: only blanks between tracks are OK. One star. And I'm generous here.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#217205) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 21, 2009

2 stars This album departs significantly from the inertia built up in Mind Volumes 1 and 2, both of which I consider some of the best progressive music of recent years. Tracks alternate between the improvizational free jazz of the Metamorphosi Trio and the more familiar and wonderful Mats Johansson songs b ... (read more)

Report this review (#17630) | Posted by BGrosjean | Thursday, January 08, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ISILDURS BANE "Mind Vol 3"