REUNION CONCERT COLOGNE 1994

1. Those About To Die
2. Skelington
3. Elegy
4. Tanglewood '63
5. January's Search (The Valentyne Suite)
6. February's Valentyne (The Valentyne Suite)
7. Grass Is Always Greener (The Valentyne Suite)
8. Rope Ladder To The Moon

- Dave Greenslade / organ, piano, vibes
- Clem Clempson / guitar, vocals
- Mark Clarke / bass
- Chris Farlowe / vocals

2008 UK 2-disc set comprising a 6-track CD album and a Region 0 NTSC DVD - On June 24th 1994 Colosseum played their first concert together for 23 years. This release was filmed and recorded 4 months later at the bands second concert in Cologne.

Format: CD/DVD SET
Record Label: Angel Air
Catalogue No: SJPCD275
Country of Origin: UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

COLOSSEUM MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy COLOSSEUM Reunion Concert Cologne 1994 Music

Daughter of TimeDaughter of Time
Extra tracks · Import · Remastered
Live Cologne 1994Live Cologne 1994
ANGEL AIR 2009
For Those Who Are About to Die We Salute YouFor Those Who Are About to Die We Salute You
Extra tracks · Import · Remastered
Colosseum Lives: The Reunion ConcertsColosseum Lives: The Reunion Concerts
Universal I.S. 2006
No release results - showing artist results instead
CD live cologne 1994 ~ USD $16.28

More places to buy COLOSSEUM music online Buy COLOSSEUM & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for COLOSSEUM DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

COLOSSEUM Reunion Concert Cologne 1994 ratings distribution

COLOSSEUM Reunion Concert Cologne 1994 reviews

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
5 stars This one of those DVDs where everything comes together in a perfect package. The main feature is the complete reunion concert of Colosseum when they played in Germany in 1994. They kick off with "Those About To Die" and play many of their most well known pieces, such as "The Valentyne Suite". It is strange to think that it was some twenty years since they had last been together ? it is as if they had never been away. As a unit the band are incredibly tight, and produce music that is extremely complex with enough time changes and note density to please even the most unconvinced prog head. Add to that the power and presence of Chris Farlowe, who proves that he is still a vocalist to be reckoned with, and this concert is a joy from start to finish.

But if that wasn't enough, there is a 90 minute documentary detailing the complete history of the band, which is jam packed with interviews and relevant footage and photos. It is easily one of the best, if not the best, short history of a band that I have seen and it is worth buying the DVD for this alone. If you are a proghead yet have never heard Colosseum before (keyboard player Dave Greenslade also formed, um, Greenslade) then this is a wonderful introduction.

Originally appeared in Feedback #74, Jun 03

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#990710) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, July 02, 2013

5 stars As I write this review, I am near the end of this magnificent concert , The second viewing of it in 3 days, I wanted to see if the luster wears off the second go around, The answer is No, The thing that i kept saying to myself, " Why did these guys end this band, The chemistry is amazing, I under ... (read more)

Report this review (#407606) | Posted by darkprinceofjazz | Thursday, February 24, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of COLOSSEUM "Reunion Concert Cologne 1994"