CONTROLLING CROWDS

Archive Controlling Crowds album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy ARCHIVE Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. Controlling Crowds (10:01)
2. Bullets (3:53)
3. Words On Signs (3:59)
4. Dangervisit (7:37)
5. Quiet Time (5:53)
6. Collapse/Collide (9:12)
7. Clones (5:00)
8. Bastardised Ink (3:34)
9. Kings of Speed (4:22)
10. Whore (4:15)
11. Chaos (5:28)
12. Rased to the Ground (5:22)
13. Funeral (7:19)

Bonus disc (Limited Edition)
1. Killing All Movements (6:15)
2. Children They Feed (3:00)
3. Day That You Go (3:46)
4. Neatly Folded (3:14)

Search ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds lyrics

Search ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds tabs

- Danny Griffiths / sound effects, keyboards, programming
- Darius Keeler / keyboards, choral arrangments, orchestral arrangments, programming, engineering
- Pollard Berrier /vocals, guitar, keyboards, sound effects, choral arrangments, orchestral arrangments
- Dave Pen / vocals, guitar, keyboards
- Maria Q / vocals
- Rosko John / vocals
- Steve Harris / guitar
- Smiley / drums
- Jonathan Noyce / bass, moog bass
- Graham Preskett / choral arrangments, orchestral arrangments, additional piano
- Pete Barraclough / guitar, engineering
- Steve Davis / bass
- Ella Cook / backing vocals
- Eltham Choral Society / choir
- Regional Orchestra of Cannes Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur / orchestra
- Philippe Bender / orchestras artistic director
- Jerome Devoise / engineering
- Hello Charlie / artwork, video

Limited edition includes bonus disc with 4 tracks and a video for Bullets.

Thanks to epistan for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

ARCHIVE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Again You All Look The Same To Me, 2002

Buy ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds Music

With Us Until You're DeadWith Us Until You're Dead
Imports 2012
LondiniumLondinium
Universal I.S. 1997
AxiomAxiom
Imports 2014
Muddy Waters - The Essential Blue Archive: I Can't Be Satisfied NEW CD US $8.00 Buy It Now 36m 25s
Howlin' Wolf - The Essential Blue Archive: Moanin' At Midnight NEW CD US $8.00 Buy It Now 41m 32s
Juma Aboriginal Music Society Sultan - Whispers From The Archive [CD New] US $10.22 Buy It Now 41m 46s
Roberto Perez - Segovia Archive French Composers [CD New] US $17.98 Buy It Now 42m 42s
Clifford Brown - Modern Jazz Archive (2007) 2CD Gift Set - 24HR POST US $8.40 Buy It Now 57m 29s
Cab Calloway - Classic Jazz Archive (2005) 2CD Gift Set - NEW/SEALED US $8.40 Buy It Now 1h
Ike & Tina Turner - The Archive Series Volumes 1&2: Hits & Classics NEW 2 x CD US $19.35 Buy It Now 1h
B.b. King - The Essential Blue Archive: Take A Swing With Me NEW CD US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h
GERMAN BAROQUE MUSIC , HEINRICH SCHUTZ , ARCHIVE RECORDS ARC 73721 US $3.88 Buy It Now 1h 3m
SEALED ,SERGE PROKOFIEV CONCERT, EVEREST RECORDS ARCHIVE OF PIANO MUSIC,X-907 US $5.88 Buy It Now 1h 6m
NOS,, STILL SEALED, GERMAN BAROQUE MUSIC, SPIRITUAL AND CHURCH CANTATA , ARCHIVE US $5.88 Buy It Now 1h 6m
SEALED ,MYRA HESS CONCERT, EVEREST RECORDS ARCHIVE OF PIANO MUSIC,X-917 US $5.88 Buy It Now 1h 7m
SEALED ,LEOPOLD GODOWSKY CONCERT, EVEREST RECORDS ARCHIVE OF PIANO MUSIC,X-922 US $5.88 Buy It Now 1h 7m
STAN KENTON - Classic Jazz Archive Brand New Factory Sealed 2 CD Set US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Miles Davis - Modern Jazz Archive (2007) 2CD Gift Set - 24HR POST US $8.40 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Charles Fambrough - Modern Jazz Archive (2007) 2CD Gift Set - 24HR POST US $8.40 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Ella Fitzgerald - Classic Jazz Archive (2006) 2CD Gift Set - NEW/SEALED US $8.40 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Stan Getz - Modern Jazz Archive (2007) 2CD Gift Set - NEW/SEALED US $8.40 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Coleman "Bean" Hawkins - Classic Jazz Archive (2005) 2CD Gift Set - 24HR POST US $8.40 Buy It Now 1h 34m
ASD 548 S/C Elgar Enigma Variations, Barbirolli - Near Mint Archive US $11.21 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Woody Herman - Classic Jazz Archive (2005) 2CD Gift Set - 24HR POST US $8.40 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Percy Mayfield - The Essential Blue Archive: My Blues NEW CD US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Billie Holiday - Classic Jazz Archive (2006) 2CD Gift Set - NEW/SEALED US $7.28 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Jay Jay Johnson - Modern Jazz Archive (2007) 2CD Gift Set - NEW/SEALED US $8.40 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Ike & Tina Turner - The Archive Series Volume 6 - "rollin'" NEW CD US $13.05 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Controlling Crowds by Archive (CD, Mar-2009, WEA Int'l) US $17.93 Buy It Now 2h 18m
Golden Archive Series by The Velvet Underground (Vinyl, Jan-2014, Sundazed) US $21.03 Buy It Now 2h 18m
Warsaw Philharmonic Archive - Beethoven / Rowicki, Stern by Isaac Stern (CD,... US $11.78 Buy It Now 2h 19m
"Sonny Terry" Sonny Terry / Archive of Folk Music / # FS-206 / Blues LP Record US $19.95 Buy It Now 2h 21m
John Lee Hooker - The Essential Blue Archive: Too Much Boogie NEW CD US $8.00 Buy It Now 2h 24m
1 CENT CD Theory of Flight SOUNDTRACK john hiatt,archive,the specials SEALED US $0.01 [1 bids]
Lloyd Price - The Essential Blue Archive: Lawdy Miss Clawdy NEW CD US $8.00 Buy It Now 2h 32m
Leadbelly - The Essential Blue Archive: Diggin' My Potatoes NEW CD US $8.00 Buy It Now 2h 38m
SIDNEY BECHET ARCHIVE OF JAZZ LP VINYL VOLUME 16 THE MASTER SQUEEZE ME US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Little Richard - The Essential Blue Archive: He's Got It NEW CD US $8.00 Buy It Now 2h 48m
MARC BOLAN - Archive Series - CD Album *NEW & SEALED* US $6.40 Buy It Now 2h 49m
Classic Archive: Carlo Maria Giulini *New DVD* US $16.58 Buy It Now 2h 51m
Ray Charles - The Essential Blue Archive: The Soul Of A Man NEW CD US $8.00 Buy It Now 3h
Sonny Stitt - Sonny's Blues (Archive Series - Live At Ronnie Scott's, 2002) US $20.83 Buy It Now 3h 3m
DUKE ELLINGTON Carnegie Hall 1943, Everest Jazz Archive vinyl LP, 1977, SEALED! US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 5m
Lee Konitz - Modern Jazz Archive (2007) 2CD Gift Set - NEW/SEALED US $8.40 Buy It Now 3h 13m
Joe Turner - The Essential Blue Archive: Jumpin' Tonight NEW CD US $8.00 Buy It Now 3h 13m
MARC BOLAN**ARCHIVE**CD US $6.25 Buy It Now 3h 23m
ARCHIVE**LONDINIUM**CD US $18.29 Buy It Now 3h 24m
Charlie Parker - Modern Jazz Archive (2007) 2CD Gift Set - NEW/SEALED US $8.40 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Ike & Tina Turner - The Archive Series Volume 5 - "pushin'" NEW CD US $13.05 Buy It Now 3h 26m
NEW WAVE**ARCHIVE**CD US $6.25 Buy It Now 3h 34m
PETE SEEGER Archive of Folk Music FS-201 Stereo USA lp vintage vinyl record VG US $3.00 Buy It Now 3h 35m
Horace Silver - Modern Jazz Archive (2007) 2CD Gift Set - NEW/SEALED US $8.40 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Reissue 45 CLYDE MCPHATTER / PRECIOUS WILSON Who's Worried Now on Shag Archive US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Reissue 45 AL MARSHALL Be My Guest on Shag Archive US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Frank Sinatra - Classic Jazz Archive (2006) 2CD Gift Set NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $12.01 Buy It Now 3h 40m
Sonny Stitt - Modern Jazz Archive (2007) 2CD Gift Set - NEW/SEALED US $8.40 Buy It Now 3h 43m
Ben Webster - Classic Jazz Archive (2005) 2CD Gift Set - NEW/SEALED US $8.40 Buy It Now 3h 54m
Phil Woods - Modern Jazz Archive (2007) 2CD Gift Set - NEW/SEALED US $7.81 Buy It Now 3h 59m
Reissue 45 BOYS TOWN GANG Brand New Me on Shag Archive US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 7m
LP/VINYL-GREGORIANISCHER CHORAL "The Tradition of Gregorian Chant" Archive IMP US $11.98 Buy It Now 4h 8m
Django Reinhardt - Volume II LP Archive of Folk & Jazz FS-230 USA Gypsy Swing US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 12m
PETE SEEGER ARCHIVE OF FOLK MUSIC LP VINYL RECORD FS-201 US $7.99 Buy It Now 4h 24m
Django Reinhardt - Volume III LP Archive of Folk & Jazz FS-255 USA Gypsy Swing US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 24m
CARLOS MONTOYA ARCHIVE OF FOLK MUSIC LP VINYL EVEREST RECORD LATIN SPANISH MUSIC US $8.99 Buy It Now 4h 27m
Wenzinger Handel Royal Fireworks Research Period X Archive LP ARC 3146 Mono EX US $10.00 Buy It Now 4h 43m
ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST miss liberty LP Mint- ML 4220 Vinyl 1949 ED1 Archive 1st US $27.00 Buy It Now 4h 46m
Miles Davis & John Coltrane - Modern Jazz Archive - (2CD) NEW&SEALED - 24HR POST US $11.21 Buy It Now 4h 51m
U2 BONO war LP Archive Press Sealed A1-90067 Vinyl 1983 Record Island US $45.00 Buy It Now 4h 58m
The Analogue Archive 45 RARE Fried Eggs SOUL FUNK HEAR US $45.00 Buy It Now 5h 21m
Reggae Archive [On-U Sound] by Various Artists (CD, Aug-1994, Restless) SEALED US $14.00 Buy It Now 5h 31m
PHIL SEYMOUR - THE PHIL SEYMOUR ARCHIVE SERIES, VOL. 1 * - NEW CD US $8.48 Buy It Now 5h 49m
John Lee Hooker - Cassette Lot - Mad Man Blues Chess Label rare Archive Healer US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 4m
JUMA SULTAN - WHISPERS FROM THE ARCHIVE NEW CD US $15.21 Buy It Now 6h 17m
ROBERTO PEREZ - SEGOVIA ARCHIVE FRENCH COMPOSERS NEW CD US $20.96 Buy It Now 6h 20m
Archive Of Jazz Vol 29 New York & Chicago Jazz BYG 529 079 Excellent French US $7.99 [0 bids]
NEW YORK DOLLS Too Much Too Soon  Mercury 1970s ARCHIVE NM US $50.14 Buy It Now 6h 58m
BIX BEIDERBECKE Archive of Folk & Jazz Music LP VG+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 6m
On Your Toes by Bunny Berigan (CD, Mar-1996, Drive Archive) US $7.99 Buy It Now 7h 36m
KRIS KRISTOFFERSON who's to bless & blame LP Sealed 1975 1st Press Archive Copy US $60.00 Buy It Now 7h 38m
Sprigs of Time: 78s from the EMI Archive BRAND NEW SEALED Honest Jons CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 7h 44m
Two Lone Swordsmen : Emissions Audio Output - from the Archive Vol.1 CD (2006) US $9.98 Buy It Now 7h 44m
RITCHIE VALENS - GOLDEN ARCHIVE SERIES - '70 MGM LP US $49.99 Buy It Now 7h 51m
Billie Holiday - Everything A Good Man Needs CD (Enhanced Archive Recordings) US $4.73 Buy It Now 8h 6m
RINGO STARR sentimental journey LP Archive Mint- SW-3365 Vinyl 1970 Record US $29.25 Buy It Now 8h 7m
Charlie Kunz - Serenade In The Night (Enhanced Archive Recordings) CD New Sealed US $4.73 Buy It Now 8h 7m
David Whitfield - Love Tears And Kisses (Enhanced Archive Recordings) 2005 CD US $4.73 Buy It Now 8h 8m
Donald Peers - Daddys Little Girl (Enhanced Archive Recordings) 2000 CD (New) US $4.73 Buy It Now 8h 8m
Dorothy Lamour - Thanks For The Memory (Enhanced Archive Recordings) 2004 CD New US $4.73 Buy It Now 8h 8m
Frankie Vaughan - Give Me The Moonlight (Enhanced Archive Recordings CD) 2007 CD US $4.73 Buy It Now 8h 9m
Joan Regan - Wait For Me Darling (Enhanced Archive Recordings) 2006 CD (New) US $4.73 Buy It Now 8h 10m
Sonny Terry Archive of Folk Music Vinyl LP Record Album US $14.99 Buy It Now 8h 10m
Julie London - Easy Street (Enhanced Archive Recordings) 2007 CD (New US $4.73 Buy It Now 8h 10m
Kay Starr - Honeysuckle Rose (Enhanced Archive Recordings) 2000 CD New US $4.73 Buy It Now 8h 10m
Lew Stone - I Get A Kick Out Of You (Enhanced Archive Recordings) 2001 CD (New) US $4.73 Buy It Now 8h 11m
Roy Fox - Writing A Letter To You (Enhanced Archive Recordings) 2001 CD (New) US $4.73 Buy It Now 8h 13m
The Crew Cuts - Earth Angel (Enhanced Archive Recordings) 2007 CD (New US $4.73 Buy It Now 8h 14m
Sarah Vaughan 1970 Archive of Folk and Jazz Music vinyl Charlie Parker Dizzy Gil US $13.95 [0 bids]
Ella Fitzgerald Golden Archive Series 1970 MGM vinyl US $13.95 [0 bids]
Charlie Parker same title Archive of Folk Music Everest Records vinyl US $14.95 Buy It Now 9h 6m
Camille Saint-Saens Plays Saint Saens Josef Hofmann Plays Hofmann Archive X 918 US $3.57 Buy It Now 9h 46m
Swell Maps - Archive Recordings Volume 1: Wastrels and Whippersnappers New LP US $18.03 Buy It Now 10h 12m
OPEN MIND: The Open Mind LP (Euro reissue, Archive Series) Rock US $30.00 Buy It Now 10h 14m
CLAUDE DENJEAN moog LP Archive Mint- PFS 4212 Spain Press 1973 Record Synth US $18.00 Buy It Now 10h 34m

More places to buy ARCHIVE music online Buy ARCHIVE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARCHIVE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds ratings distribution

ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds reviews

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
1 stars This is bad, really bad. Sounds and form that ruined it all. Controlling Crowds sounds like worse, uglier and more dull brother of Gazpacho. Almost the only "better" thing here is the voice, vocals. But not too much, average I would say. This certainly isn't direction where I want modern prog to head, nor nothing I can enjoy. Deadly combination. For my final rating of course. It's not good, it's completely bad to use synths in this way, because overly electronic atmosphere ruins it all. Why ? So artificial, without "soul", like polished, cold ice, which however melts fast when confronted with critic eye of Marty. I can hear patterns and guess where they probably are. Tricks that should have worked, but they aren't, unfortunately. I don't like giving bad ratings, but hell, Quiet Time is even hip-hop, first track with annoying background, the only thing except average vocals is

1(+), cover art. Sad.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#260424) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars A local radio passed Bullets acouple of times in two days and I've been lucky enough to catch the name of the band and the song's title. I looked immediately on PA as the song sounded totally progressive to my ears. A number of bands jumped to my mind, Tangerine Dream for the repetitive and hypnotic theme, King Crimson or Nurkostam (that I've recently discovered on PA) for the acid sadness, even late Pink Floyd but in the same time nothing to do with all of them.

The song was "Bullets" and luckily there is the official video on their PA page.

Now that I have bought the download and I am satisfied enough to have relistened to bullets so much time I have given attention to the rest of the album.

Looking at the band's history on PA I hardly believe that he band comes from the trip-hop. Just the electronics in their sound can make me think so, but they sound less drones than Senmuth.

Highlights? All the songs are good, even if I like less when they leave the darkness behind like on "Clones" that's also the only track that can sound trip-hop in some parts (but that's a good track as well).

The already mentioned "Bullets" is still my fav, but "Collapse/Collide" and the title track are at the same level, just a bit less intriguing.

I'm grown with Floyd, Yes, Renaissance, ELP and Tangerine Dream on the "relaxing" side and with Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Deep Purple and Zeppelin on the rock side so I'm very surprised of myself. How can I like an album on which there's are two rappers chattering like on "Bastardised Ink"? Probably because after all they are making music also there.

I took some time to understand and accept things like screaming and growling, sooner or later I'll understand talking, too.

Without the rap thing I would have rated this album the maximum, but I think that open minded proggers can tolerate some dark rapping in the middle of a good album, so I'm probably excessive but I give it 4 stars.

Dark electronics and hypnotic rhythms plus remarkably good vocalists.

If you don't believe me, look at the video on PA and let me know.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#510267) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 27, 2011

4 stars I honestly can`t belive why such a great band as Archive gets so little attention here at PA... Is it because of their trip-hop roots? Let's leave that for now and take a look at this fine album here. The major change on this one is that this album is more trpi-hop oriented than the three previou ... (read more)

Report this review (#264824) | Posted by Wolf Spider | Sunday, February 07, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This new release by Archive surprised me positively. Let me explain why. After the last studio album, Lights, I had the feeling that Archive was finished, despite liking the album and especially the title track. But because of this feeling I never expected a new album. So first point goes to Ar ... (read more)

Report this review (#222922) | Posted by BackToBruijn | Wednesday, June 24, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARCHIVE "Controlling Crowds"