CONTROLLING CROWDS

Archive Controlling Crowds album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy ARCHIVE Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. Controlling Crowds (10:01)
2. Bullets (3:53)
3. Words On Signs (3:59)
4. Dangervisit (7:37)
5. Quiet Time (5:53)
6. Collapse/Collide (9:12)
7. Clones (5:00)
8. Bastardised Ink (3:34)
9. Kings of Speed (4:22)
10. Whore (4:15)
11. Chaos (5:28)
12. Rased to the Ground (5:22)
13. Funeral (7:19)

Bonus disc (Limited Edition)
1. Killing All Movements (6:15)
2. Children They Feed (3:00)
3. Day That You Go (3:46)
4. Neatly Folded (3:14)

Search ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds lyrics

Search ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds tabs

- Danny Griffiths / sound effects, keyboards, programming
- Darius Keeler / keyboards, choral arrangments, orchestral arrangments, programming, engineering
- Pollard Berrier /vocals, guitar, keyboards, sound effects, choral arrangments, orchestral arrangments
- Dave Pen / vocals, guitar, keyboards
- Maria Q / vocals
- Rosko John / vocals
- Steve Harris / guitar
- Smiley / drums
- Jonathan Noyce / bass, moog bass
- Graham Preskett / choral arrangments, orchestral arrangments, additional piano
- Pete Barraclough / guitar, engineering
- Steve Davis / bass
- Ella Cook / backing vocals
- Eltham Choral Society / choir
- Regional Orchestra of Cannes Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur / orchestra
- Philippe Bender / orchestras artistic director
- Jerome Devoise / engineering
- Hello Charlie / artwork, video

Limited edition includes bonus disc with 4 tracks and a video for Bullets.

Thanks to epistan for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

ARCHIVE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Again You All Look The Same To Me, 2002

Buy ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds Music

With Us Until You're DeadWith Us Until You're Dead
Imports 2012
LondiniumLondinium
Universal I.S. 1997
AxiomAxiom
Imports 2014
1970 RITCHIE VALENS mono Golden Archive MGM sealed cut corner US $26.99 Buy It Now 1h 30m
(CD) Tenor Giant / Don Byas / [DRIVE ARCHIVE] US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Muggsy Spanier on Everest archive SEALED LP 12" 12inch vinyl record 1a US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 55m
BEATLES HELP UK PRES MiNt ArChIvE EARLIEST 2BOX EMI PsYcH POP BEAT 60S PSYUCH US $89.89 [5 bids]
Sam "The Man" Taylor ( Golden Archive Series, 1971 ) LP US $14.99 [0 bids]
Jimmy O'Bryant: Archive of jazz SEALED LP 12" 12inch vinyl record 1a US $5.50 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Linen Boxed DG Archive 2 Lp Set J. S. Bach KAR RICHTER 6 BRANDENBURG CONCERTO US $30.00 Buy It Now 2h 29m
COLEMAN HAWKINS Coleman Hawkins EVEREST ARCHIVE OF FOLK AND JAZZ Near Mint US $15.99 Buy It Now 2h 42m
"Champion Jack Dupree" (Self-Titled) Archive of Folk & Jazz Music / FS-217/ 1968 US $19.95 Buy It Now 2h 49m
ARCHIVE RED STEREO ARC 73146~HANDEL~August Wenzinger~2 INSERTS~EX/NM-~GERMAN US $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 54m
German Pre-Classics (CPE Bach, Fasch, Quantz) - Archive Prod. LP 73173 US $7.95 [0 bids]
BROWNIE McGHEE McGee CHAPTER 14 Blues Archive 2 CD Set STORY OF THE BLUES US $7.49 Buy It Now 3h 33m
COUNT CARNETTE "Sings Favorite.." LP - Carnette Archive 1983 - SEALED - RARE US $9.99 [0 bids]
PETE SEEGER "S/T" LP - Archive of Folk Music 1965 - Comp - SEALED! US $7.99 [0 bids]
Wenzinger Handel Concerti Grossi Stereo ARCHIVE SAPM 198346/48 3LP NM US $30.00 Buy It Now 4h 43m
2000 Import Vinyl Record Mind Odyssey Aggregation Backtrack Archive S-12008 Acid US $35.00 Buy It Now 4h 44m
THE STONEMANS "Golden Archive Series" LP DISC JOCKEY COPY Yellow Label PROMO EX US $9.99 [0 bids]
COLEMAN HAWKINS ARCHIVE OF FOLK AND JAZZ MUSIC LP NM!! US $8.99 Buy It Now 5h 40m
ARCHIVE - CONTROLLING CROWDS NEW CD US $26.11 Buy It Now 6h 9m
Lonnie Johnson - The Essential Blue Archive: Why Should I Cry? (SPV49892/CD) New US $9.00 [0 bids]
ARCHIVE PRODUCTION CLASSICAL LP ARC 73145 JOHANN SEBASTIAN BACH KARL RICHTER VG+ US $0.99 [0 bids]
ARCHIVE PRODUCTION '50s CLASSICAL LP ARC 3197 JOHANN SEBASTIAN BACH KARL RICHTER US $0.99 [0 bids]
ARCHIVE PRODUCTION 1950s CLASSICAL LP ARC 73141 ANTONIO VIVALDI SHRINK NM- US $0.99 [0 bids]
Luisa Tetrazzini Audio Archive Classics CD NWOT Opera Classical Cedar Label US $12.99 [0 bids]
Beethoven...Reel Tape (15ips , 2TR) ....Archive Copy. Claudio Arrau US $255.00 [27 bids]
ALASEHIR Stone Sentinels CD aRCHIVE/BARDO POND/CHARALAMBIDES/WHITE HILLS/HEADS US $5.00 [0 bids]
Archive Production Red Stereo Germany Bach Works ARC 73129 DGG Inspection Signed US $69.99 [0 bids]
RARE Archive Mannheim & Vienna DGG History NM,ARC 3150 MOZART US $20.00 Buy It Now 7h 53m
JAPAN original PRISTINE-TOP-MINT ARCHIVE COPY with OBI!! QUEEN "Queen" US $15.00 [1 bids]
TOP-PRISTINE ARCHIVE COPY !! JAPAN original with OBI / THE FIRM "The Firm" US $15.00 [0 bids]
PRISTINE-TOP-SEALED ARCHIVE COPY!! US orig. press EMMYLOU HARRIS "Evangeline" US $15.00 [0 bids]
JOSH WHITE ARCHIVE OF FOLK MUSIC BLUES STEREO LP ALBUM #FS-209 US $0.89 [0 bids]
BIX BEIDERBICKE ARCHIVE OF JAZZ & FOLK MUSIC US $12.99 Buy It Now 8h 56m
Essential Blue Archive: Take a Swing with Me by B.B. King (CD, Mar-2008, SPV) US $6.95 Buy It Now 8h 57m
ALL TIME HITS OF HUGH MASEKELA Masquenada MGM Golden Archive Series GAS NM US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 12m
RALPH KIRKPATRICK BACH PARTITA NO. 3 & NO. 4 ARCHIVE ARC 73130 RED STEREO US $4.99 [0 bids]
WALT DISNEY Archive Collection Press Kit Photos BURL IVES HAYLEY MILLS PRIMA REX US $18.99 Buy It Now 10h 31m
LEADBELLY: ARCHIVE OF FOLK MUSIC LP-FS-202 1965 US $7.99 Buy It Now 10h 43m
Kaleidoscope UK Faintly Blowing Japan Mini LP AIRAC 1 1 22 Archive OBI CD NEW !! US $59.99 Buy It Now 12h 41m
Leadbelly - The Essential Blue Archive: Diggin' My Potatoes NEW CD US $10.58 Buy It Now 12h 49m
Charlie Parker [LP] Volume IV *SEALED* [Everest; FS 295] (1974) Archive of Jazz US $10.99 Buy It Now 14h 17m
Cabaret Voltaire - Archive 828285 Live CD US $38.74 Buy It Now 16h 33m
Archive - Noise CD US $16.90 Buy It Now 16h 36m
Department Of Eagles - Archive 2003-2006 CD US $20.43 Buy It Now 16h 37m
Lloyd Price - Essential Blue Archive: Lawdy Miss Clawdy CD US $15.71 Buy It Now 16h 37m
Ike & Tina Turner - Vol. 5-Archive Series: Pushin CD US $14.92 Buy It Now 16h 38m
Ike & Tina Turner - Vol. 6-Archive Series: Rollin CD US $14.92 Buy It Now 16h 38m
BRYAN FERRY- 1 PAGE ADVERT/POSTER FROM MAGAZINE. ARCHIVE & LIVE. ROXY MUSIC US $8.01 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Unknown Deutchland - The Krautock Archive Vol. 1 (CD 1996). Ex Cond US $11.22 Buy It Now 17h 16m
BACH - Cantatas STADER RICHTER ARCHIVE RED STEREO US $5.72 Buy It Now 17h 40m
PHILIP GLASS ORCHESTRAL MUSIC ARCHIVE VOLUME II CLASSICAL CD - VERY GOOD! US $7.88 Buy It Now 17h 54m
DGG Archive Production-Telemann Banquet Music-ARC 73237-1965 German Rec.-1 EX LP US $4.99 Buy It Now 18h
Archive - With Us Until You'Re Dead - VISIT02CD US $13.48 Buy It Now 18h 13m
Franklin Mint Toscanini Official Family Archive Set Volume II Symphonies Brahmes US $18.99 Buy It Now 18h 23m
Gilbert Cisco Houston "Archive Of Folk Music" LP US $14.88 Buy It Now 18h 27m
ELP Works 2 ARCHIVE MASTER, STEAM CLEANED, AMAZING Depth, Dynamics US $44.00 Buy It Now 19h 7m
Rush Grace Under Pressure 1984 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned! US $32.00 Buy It Now 19h 7m
Grateful Dead Terrapin Station1977 1st POGO ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Cleaned! US $44.00 Buy It Now 19h 7m
John Fogerty Centerfield ARCHIVE MASTER, STEAM CLEANED, A+ SOUND 1st Press US $36.00 Buy It Now 19h 7m
Yellowjackets S/T ARCHIVE MASTER Audiophile 1st Press, Steam Cleaned, A+ JAZZ US $44.00 Buy It Now 19h 7m
Styx Kilroy Was Here 1983 QUIEX 1st Sterling TJ ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $52.00 Buy It Now 19h 19m
Willie Nelson Stardust Bernie Grundman 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $44.00 Buy It Now 19h 20m
Willie Nelson Tougher than Leather PROMO 1st '83 ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $44.00 Buy It Now 19h 20m
CHARLIE PARKER - AUDIO ARCHIVE - COLLECTORS EDITION - REFLECTIVE RECORDINS!! NR! US $0.99 [0 bids]
20h
Bach ARCHIVE PRODUCTION Mannheim Vienna ARC 73199 1962 Stereo NM US $22.95 Buy It Now 20h 20m
Jean Philippe Rameau(Vinyl LP Gatefold)Pieces De Clavecin-Archive-Germany-NM/Ex US $18.44 Buy It Now 20h 21m
Genesis - Archive Vol.2 1976-1992 (2000) US $8.01 [1 bids]
I Am Thin and Gorgeous [Single] by Junior Vasquez (CD, Mar-1997, Drive Archive) US $8.00 Buy It Now 21h 4m
Don GIBSON ~ Golden Archive Series ~ NM- 1969 MGM promo LP US $3.77 Buy It Now 21h 19m
Bach(Vinyl LP)Organ-Archive-2565 002-UK-VG/Ex US $13.99 Buy It Now 21h 29m
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS GREATEST HITS cbs 72 A2B1 1st pr MINT ARCHIVE US $27.27 Buy It Now 21h 36m
WORKS OF JS BACH ~ ARCHIVE PRODUCTION HELMUT WALCHA ORGAN VINYL LP APM 14059 US $9.62 Buy It Now 22h 13m
EDUARD MULLER ( ORGAN ) HANDEL ~ ARCHIVE PRODUCTION VINYL LP EX/EX US $9.62 Buy It Now 22h 17m
Dennis Brain, Mozart, Brahms, Marin Marais - BBC Sound Archive Recordings LP US $14.43 Buy It Now 22h 21m
ANTHONY PHILLIPS - ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOL. 2 - BP360CD US $9.36 Buy It Now 22h 23m
Paul McCartney Wings Over America 3xLP vinyl Archive Collection US $44.99 Buy It Now 22h 33m
Louis Jordan - The Essential Blue Archive: Jack, You're Dead NEW CD US $8.01 Buy It Now 22h 40m
Archive from 1959: The Billy Childish Story by Billy Childish *New CD* US $18.93 Buy It Now 22h 46m
Lazhareem Ul Leper: Muslimgauze Archive Series, Vol. 15 by... *New CD* US $14.67 Buy It Now 22h 48m
From the Philip Glass Recording Archive, Vol. 2: Orchestral Music (CD,... US $13.69 Buy It Now 22h 51m
Muddy Waters - The Essential Blue Archive: I Can't Be Satisfied NEW CD US $8.01 Buy It Now 22h 59m
Howlin' Wolf - The Essential Blue Archive: Moanin' At Midnight NEW CD US $8.01 Buy It Now 23h 5m
Juma Aboriginal Music Society Sultan - Whispers From The Archive [CD New] US $10.22 Buy It Now 23h 5m
Roberto Perez - Segovia Archive French Composers [CD New] US $17.98 Buy It Now 23h 6m
Clifford Brown - Modern Jazz Archive (2007) 2CD Gift Set - 24HR POST US $8.41 Buy It Now 23h 20m
Cab Calloway - Classic Jazz Archive (2005) 2CD Gift Set - NEW/SEALED US $8.41 Buy It Now 23h 24m
Ike & Tina Turner - The Archive Series Volumes 1&2: Hits & Classics NEW 2 x CD US $19.37 Buy It Now 23h 25m
B.b. King - The Essential Blue Archive: Take A Swing With Me NEW CD US $8.01 Buy It Now 23h 25m
GERMAN BAROQUE MUSIC , HEINRICH SCHUTZ , ARCHIVE RECORDS ARC 73721 US $3.88 Buy It Now 23h 26m
SEALED ,SERGE PROKOFIEV CONCERT, EVEREST RECORDS ARCHIVE OF PIANO MUSIC,X-907 US $5.88 Buy It Now 23h 30m
NOS,, STILL SEALED, GERMAN BAROQUE MUSIC, SPIRITUAL AND CHURCH CANTATA , ARCHIVE US $5.88 Buy It Now 23h 30m
SEALED ,MYRA HESS CONCERT, EVEREST RECORDS ARCHIVE OF PIANO MUSIC,X-917 US $5.88 Buy It Now 23h 30m
SEALED ,LEOPOLD GODOWSKY CONCERT, EVEREST RECORDS ARCHIVE OF PIANO MUSIC,X-922 US $5.88 Buy It Now 23h 30m
STAN KENTON - Classic Jazz Archive Brand New Factory Sealed 2 CD Set US $6.99 Buy It Now 23h 30m
Miles Davis - Modern Jazz Archive (2007) 2CD Gift Set - 24HR POST US $8.41 Buy It Now 23h 32m
Charles Fambrough - Modern Jazz Archive (2007) 2CD Gift Set - 24HR POST US $8.41 Buy It Now 23h 46m
Ella Fitzgerald - Classic Jazz Archive (2006) 2CD Gift Set - NEW/SEALED US $8.41 Buy It Now 23h 51m
Stan Getz - Modern Jazz Archive (2007) 2CD Gift Set - NEW/SEALED US $8.41 Buy It Now 23h 55m
Coleman "Bean" Hawkins - Classic Jazz Archive (2005) 2CD Gift Set - 24HR POST US $8.41 Buy It Now 23h 58m
ASD 548 S/C Elgar Enigma Variations, Barbirolli - Near Mint Archive US $11.22 Buy It Now 23h 59m

More places to buy ARCHIVE music online Buy ARCHIVE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARCHIVE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds ratings distribution

ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds reviews

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
1 stars This is bad, really bad. Sounds and form that ruined it all. Controlling Crowds sounds like worse, uglier and more dull brother of Gazpacho. Almost the only "better" thing here is the voice, vocals. But not too much, average I would say. This certainly isn't direction where I want modern prog to head, nor nothing I can enjoy. Deadly combination. For my final rating of course. It's not good, it's completely bad to use synths in this way, because overly electronic atmosphere ruins it all. Why ? So artificial, without "soul", like polished, cold ice, which however melts fast when confronted with critic eye of Marty. I can hear patterns and guess where they probably are. Tricks that should have worked, but they aren't, unfortunately. I don't like giving bad ratings, but hell, Quiet Time is even hip-hop, first track with annoying background, the only thing except average vocals is

1(+), cover art. Sad.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#260424) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars A local radio passed Bullets acouple of times in two days and I've been lucky enough to catch the name of the band and the song's title. I looked immediately on PA as the song sounded totally progressive to my ears. A number of bands jumped to my mind, Tangerine Dream for the repetitive and hypnotic theme, King Crimson or Nurkostam (that I've recently discovered on PA) for the acid sadness, even late Pink Floyd but in the same time nothing to do with all of them.

The song was "Bullets" and luckily there is the official video on their PA page.

Now that I have bought the download and I am satisfied enough to have relistened to bullets so much time I have given attention to the rest of the album.

Looking at the band's history on PA I hardly believe that he band comes from the trip-hop. Just the electronics in their sound can make me think so, but they sound less drones than Senmuth.

Highlights? All the songs are good, even if I like less when they leave the darkness behind like on "Clones" that's also the only track that can sound trip-hop in some parts (but that's a good track as well).

The already mentioned "Bullets" is still my fav, but "Collapse/Collide" and the title track are at the same level, just a bit less intriguing.

I'm grown with Floyd, Yes, Renaissance, ELP and Tangerine Dream on the "relaxing" side and with Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Deep Purple and Zeppelin on the rock side so I'm very surprised of myself. How can I like an album on which there's are two rappers chattering like on "Bastardised Ink"? Probably because after all they are making music also there.

I took some time to understand and accept things like screaming and growling, sooner or later I'll understand talking, too.

Without the rap thing I would have rated this album the maximum, but I think that open minded proggers can tolerate some dark rapping in the middle of a good album, so I'm probably excessive but I give it 4 stars.

Dark electronics and hypnotic rhythms plus remarkably good vocalists.

If you don't believe me, look at the video on PA and let me know.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#510267) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 27, 2011

4 stars I honestly can`t belive why such a great band as Archive gets so little attention here at PA... Is it because of their trip-hop roots? Let's leave that for now and take a look at this fine album here. The major change on this one is that this album is more trpi-hop oriented than the three previou ... (read more)

Report this review (#264824) | Posted by Wolf Spider | Sunday, February 07, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This new release by Archive surprised me positively. Let me explain why. After the last studio album, Lights, I had the feeling that Archive was finished, despite liking the album and especially the title track. But because of this feeling I never expected a new album. So first point goes to Ar ... (read more)

Report this review (#222922) | Posted by BackToBruijn | Wednesday, June 24, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARCHIVE "Controlling Crowds"