CONTROLLING CROWDS

Archive Controlling Crowds album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy ARCHIVE Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. Controlling Crowds (10:01)
2. Bullets (3:53)
3. Words On Signs (3:59)
4. Dangervisit (7:37)
5. Quiet Time (5:53)
6. Collapse/Collide (9:12)
7. Clones (5:00)
8. Bastardised Ink (3:34)
9. Kings of Speed (4:22)
10. Whore (4:15)
11. Chaos (5:28)
12. Rased to the Ground (5:22)
13. Funeral (7:19)

Bonus disc (Limited Edition)
1. Killing All Movements (6:15)
2. Children They Feed (3:00)
3. Day That You Go (3:46)
4. Neatly Folded (3:14)

Search ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds lyrics

Search ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds tabs

- Danny Griffiths / sound effects, keyboards, programming
- Darius Keeler / keyboards, choral arrangments, orchestral arrangments, programming, engineering
- Pollard Berrier /vocals, guitar, keyboards, sound effects, choral arrangments, orchestral arrangments
- Dave Pen / vocals, guitar, keyboards
- Maria Q / vocals
- Rosko John / vocals
- Steve Harris / guitar
- Smiley / drums
- Jonathan Noyce / bass, moog bass
- Graham Preskett / choral arrangments, orchestral arrangments, additional piano
- Pete Barraclough / guitar, engineering
- Steve Davis / bass
- Ella Cook / backing vocals
- Eltham Choral Society / choir
- Regional Orchestra of Cannes Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur / orchestra
- Philippe Bender / orchestras artistic director
- Jerome Devoise / engineering
- Hello Charlie / artwork, video

Limited edition includes bonus disc with 4 tracks and a video for Bullets.

Thanks to epistan for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

ARCHIVE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Again You All Look The Same To Me, 2002

Universal I.S. 1997
AxiomAxiom
Imports 2014
(P28) Grammatics, The Vague Archive - DJ CD US $4.82 Buy It Now 29m 52s
EARL "FATHA" HINES: S/T-NM LP ARCHIVE OF FOLK & JAZZ US $7.99 Buy It Now 36m 32s
PRISTINE-MINT ARCHIVE JAPANESE PRESSING WITH OBI!! Emerson, Lake And Palmer US $15.00 [0 bids]
54m 30s
The Stanford Archive Series: Richard Crooks, New Music US $15.19 Buy It Now 2h 15m
The Stanford Archive Series: Richard Bonnelli, New Music US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
THE RISING - S/T [CD 2014] New/MOD/Detour [Paisley Archive] ***LTD-200 ONLY!*** US $19.34 Buy It Now 2h 49m
SWELL MAPS Archive Recordings Wastrels and Whippers VINYL LP Munster NEW US $20.99 Buy It Now 2h 52m
DEEP PURPLE~BOOK OF TALIESYN~ORIG 1968 GERMAN HARVEST~MINT UNPLAYED!~ARCHIVE TOP US $50.00 Buy It Now 3h 50m
PROVINCIAL ARCHIVE - IT'S ALL SHAKEN WONDER (IMPORT) NEW CD US $34.69 Buy It Now 4h 17m
Rare Misha ELMAN violin recital 10" Melodia Archive recordings 1920-30's US $99.99 Buy It Now 4h 34m
Pete Seeger "self titled" Lp. Archive Folk Music-201 NM. 5 lp's = free shipping US $5.99 Buy It Now 4h 50m
Rolling Stones '69 - '74 Japan Book Archive Series Mick Jagger Keith Richards US $69.99 Buy It Now 5h 2m
RACHMANINOV / BIRET - IDIL BIRET ARCHIVE EDITION 12 NEW CD US $14.53 Buy It Now 5h 15m
Richard Wagner: The Mastersingers of Nuremberg [Archive Edition], New Music US $28.61 Buy It Now 5h 30m
Elton John Capt Fantastic Translucent Red vinyl Nr Mint Archive Copy Stunning US $7.98 [4 bids]
7h
ARCHIVE PRODUCTION-AN INTRO.TO THE MOST AUTHORITATIVE HISTORY OF MUSIC RECORDS US $4.99 [0 bids]
Archive Londinium french PROMO CD 2 versions rare no vinyl LP US $5.00 [0 bids]
MCCOY TYNER - MODERN JAZZ ARCHIVE [MCCOY TYNER] [CD BOXSET] [2 - NEW CD BOXSET US $16.36 Buy It Now 8h 16m
Iceberg Slim - Reflections - CD (Infinite Zero Archive 9 14505-2 1994 U.S.A.) US $17.56 Buy It Now 8h 26m
RAKIM - THE ARCHIVE: LIVE, LOST & FOUND [PA] - NEW CD US $14.91 Buy It Now 8h 39m
VELVET UNDERGROUND - GOLDEN ARCHIVE SERIES NEW VINYL US $35.73 Buy It Now 9h 6m
BBC REGL 350. SIR THOMAS BEECHAM. THE MAN & HIS MUSIC. SOUND ARCHIVE. N/M US $4.82 Buy It Now 9h 14m
This is Al Hirt 1st 1970 ARCHIVE MASTER, ULTRASONIC CLEANED, A+ Sound Quality! US $36.00 Buy It Now 9h 37m
Billy Joel 52nd Street Sterling ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned, A+ SOUND US $44.00 Buy It Now 9h 37m
Diana Ross and the Supremes Greatest Hits ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned! US $44.00 Buy It Now 9h 37m
Chicago If You Leave Me Now HITS 1982 ARCHIVE MASTER, Steam CLeaned, A+ Sound! US $36.00 Buy It Now 9h 37m
Stryper Soldiers Under Command White 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER ULTRASONIC CLEANED US $32.00 Buy It Now 9h 38m
The Scorpions World Wide Live ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned! 1st 1985 Press US $32.00 Buy It Now 9h 38m
Jimmy Buffett White Sport Coat ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned, MCA Re-Issue US $32.00 Buy It Now 9h 38m
KARL RICHTER / Bach Cantatas / Archive Stereo SAPM 198 465 US $12.99 [0 bids]
LEISTER-BOETTCHER-BESCH / Beethoven Trio Op.38 / Archive Stereo 2533 118 US $9.99 [0 bids]
AUGUST WENZINGER / Telemann Water Music / Archive Stereo SAPM 198 198 US $12.99 [0 bids]
EDUARD MELKUS / Classical Period Viennese Dance Music / Archive Stereo 2533 182 US $7.99 [0 bids]
KARL RICHTER / Bach Overture No.2 & 3 / Archive Stereo SAPM 198 272 US $12.99 [0 bids]
HANS STADMAIR / Vivaldi Concertos for Wind Instruments / Archive Stereo 2533 044 US $12.99 [0 bids]
Vilayat Hussain Khan AIR Archive 6 CD Set VOCAL India Indian Classical NEW US $59.99 Buy It Now 10h 2m
the ROLLING STONES Archive - Play With Fire - Latvian MELODIYA Riga * LATVIA US $29.90 Buy It Now 10h 8m
Oscar Brand and Jean Ritchie, Archive Of Folk Music 1980 Stereo LP US $3.99 [0 bids]
Carmen Miranda - Sing A Tropical Song (2005 CD) Enhanced Archive Recordings US $4.76 Buy It Now 10h 12m
Helen Forrest - Thanks For Everything (Enhanced Archive Recordings) 2004 CD New US $4.76 Buy It Now 10h 15m
Paul Robeson - The Great Paul Robeson (Enhanced Archive Recording) 2012 CD (New) US $4.76 Buy It Now 10h 19m
The Andrews Sisters - Rum And Coca Cola (2004 CD) Enhanced Archive Recordings US $4.76 Buy It Now 10h 20m
STARLITES: I Can't See You / Big Boss Man 45 (PS, reissue, "Get Hip Archive Ser US $8.00 Buy It Now 10h 59m
STRING CHEESE INCIDENT - OTR: MT SHASTA CA ARCHIVE (LTD) NEW CD US $25.70 Buy It Now 11h 29m
Aretha Franklin Greatest Hits 1974 RCA Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $38.40 Buy It Now 11h 34m
Boston Don't Look Back 1978 1st Wally Analog ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $44.00 Buy It Now 11h 34m
The Guess Who Artificial Paradise 1st 1973 1S/2S ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $52.00 Buy It Now 11h 36m
R.E.M. Reckoning IRS Audiophile Quiex PROMO 1st ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $56.00 Buy It Now 11h 59m
From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis Tenn ARCHIVE MASTER 1st Press, A+ SOUND US $44.00 Buy It Now 11h 59m
Billy Joel Greatest Hits I & II UK CBS 1st ARCHIVE MASTER ULTRASONIC CLEAN US $56.00 Buy It Now 11h 59m
Rolling Stones Big Hits 1986 OOP Abkco Remaster ARCHIVE MASTER, ULTRASONIC CLEAN US $44.00 Buy It Now 11h 59m
Chuck Mangione Land of Make Believe LIVE ARCHIVE MASTER, ULTRASONIC CLEANED US $44.00 Buy It Now 11h 59m
Cheap Trick Live at Budokan 1st WL PROMO 1979 Press, ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic US $44.00 Buy It Now 11h 59m
Chuck Mangione Disguise ARCHIVE MASTER Audiophile RL Press, Steam Cleaned, A+ US $36.00 Buy It Now 11h 59m
Yes The Yes Album Piros/King Atlantic 1975 ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $44.00 Buy It Now 11h 59m
Jerry Garcia/David Grisman Old and In the Way QUIEX Vinyl ARCHIVE MASTER CLEAN US $46.40 Buy It Now 11h 59m
EVEREST ARCHIVE LP* PEARL BAILEY & LOUIS BELLSON LP US $24.50 Buy It Now 12h 23m
BACH ARCHIVE 3180 Overtures No. 2 & 3 German Pressing NM US $10.00 [0 bids]
Archive ARC 73174 stereo Nm BACH Inventionen & Sinfonien RALPH KIRKPATRICK clav. US $5.00 [1 bids]
IRON MAIDEN - EDDIE'S ARCHIVE 1st Ltd BLUE Edt (6CDs,TIN,SCROLL,SHOT GLASS) NEW US $322.60 Buy It Now 12h 37m
SEALED BING CROSBY & SATCHMO LOUIS ARMSTRONG LP MGM GOLDEN ARCHIVE SERIES US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 57m
Girl Groups- GOLDEN ARCHIVE SERIES- BEST OF-SHRINK RHINO RNLP-70179 NM US $12.95 Buy It Now 13h 17m
SWELL MAPS - Archive Recordings Volume 1 (reissue) - LP US $32.02 Buy It Now 13h 22m
VAUGHAN WILLIAMS / RANKIN / ADAMS - ARCHIVE RECORDINGS NEW CD US $26.05 Buy It Now 13h 34m
Archive One-Dave Clarke CD US $24.12 Buy It Now 13h 38m
Victor Metal Archive JAPAN CD NEW Europe, RAGE,ANGRA.. NEW Sealed #20 US $13.99 Buy It Now 13h 59m
BIG BILL BROONZY 1967 EVEREST RECORDS ARCHIVE OF FOLK & JAZZ MUSIC FS 213 S/T EX US $14.99 [0 bids]
classical LP Gregorian Chants Santo Domingo de Silos on Archive #2533 MINT US $17.65 Buy It Now 14h 15m
MARK SOLOTROFF Archive04 CDR electronic noise Intrinsic Action Bloodyminded NEW US $12.98 Buy It Now 14h 18m
Live & Rare by REAGAN YOUTH (CD '97,New Red Archive) Hardcore-Punk FREE SHIPPING US $9.89 Buy It Now 14h 18m
Bob Thiel CD - The Ghent Sessions (Songs From The Archive Vol.2) (CD 2007) US $5.89 Buy It Now 14h 50m
Bob Dylan- Sweet Marie- Rare Soundboard Concert From The Madman/Vigotone Archive US $19.99 [1 bids]
TELEMANN WATER-MUSIC NUREMBERG CHAMBER MUSIC ENSEMBLE ARCHIVE ARC 3198 US $7.99 [0 bids]
15h
CHRIS BARBER LP FOLK & JAZZ ARCHIVE MUSIC NEAR MINT- FS-224 US $7.00 [0 bids]
Archive - Noise [CD New] US $15.21 Buy It Now 15h 14m
Mello-Kings - Essential Blue Archive:ton [CD New] US $16.63 Buy It Now 15h 16m
Provincial Archive - It's All Shaken Wonder [CD New] US $11.90 Buy It Now 16h 10m
URIAH HEEP - Greatest Hits Live (King Biscuit Flower Archive Series - USA, 2003) US $14.99 [0 bids]
CYBERMEN The Archive Tapes 4CD Hypothesised History of the Cyber Race DR WHO US $22.57 [0 bids]
MAGNUM Archive CD 1997 US $4.82 [0 bids]
CHAMPION JACK DUPREE ARCHIVE OF FOLK MUSIC LP FS-217 IN SHRINK US $11.60 Buy It Now 17h 7m
Janos Starker....Reel to Reel Tape 2 TRACK 15 IPS... Archive Copy US $355.00 [21 bids]
Matmos '99 Archive Fever Matador 'Not Nice' Promo Remix JSBX Cat Power Pole Void US $19.99 Buy It Now 18h 6m
BRITISH ARCHIVE SERIES BLUES FOR COLLECTORS VOL 3-BECK/CLAPTON/PAGE-VICTOR 1971 US $5.00 [0 bids]
McCoy Tyner : Modern Jazz Archive - Mccoy Tyner and Ahmad Jahmal CD (2005) US $10.00 Buy It Now 18h 12m
The Official Grammy Awards Archive Collection:Great Performances Rock Era Vol.1 US $19.99 [0 bids]
The Official Grammy Awards Archive Collection: The Great Singers 4 LP Set US $15.99 [0 bids]
The Official Grammy Award Archive Collection: All Time Winners US $19.99 [0 bids]
The Official Grammy Awards Archive Collecion: Record Of The Year US $15.99 [0 bids]
JOHN LENNON ORIGINAL PHOTO 1970 + 1980 SLIDE - LENONO PHOTO ARCHIVE THE BEATLES US $30.65 Buy It Now 18h 39m
BASSHOLES Archive Series - Vol.7... AND WITHOUT A NAME LP Tommy Jay US $7.00 [0 bids]
RARE PRIVATE US RURAL FOLK The Younger Brothers Band vinyl LP ARCHIVE MINT! US $24.88 Buy It Now 18h 54m
Lionel Hampton : Classic Jazz Archive (2CDs) (2005) US $10.00 Buy It Now 19h 2m
Maxine Sullivan And Jack Teagarden 33 rpm Everest Record LP Archive Folk US $20.00 Buy It Now 19h 7m
LLOYD PRICE - THE ESSENTIAL BLUE ARCHIVE: LAWDY MISS CLAWDY - NEW CD US $8.48 Buy It Now 19h 11m
LEADBELLY LP ARCHIVE OF FOLK MUSIC SHRINK BLUES (RECORD VINYL) US $5.99 [0 bids]
CAPITAL LETTERS Smoking My Ganja 12" NEW VINYL Reggae Archive Rootikal US $15.99 Buy It Now 19h 36m
The Cure - Peel Session - BBC Archive - Import CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 19h 37m
Raiding the Divine Archive: The Best of Be Bop Deluxe by Be Bop Deluxe (CD,... US $12.29 Buy It Now 19h 38m
Def Leppard VHS TAPES Visualize, In the Round Live, Video Archive, Historia US $12.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy ARCHIVE music online Buy ARCHIVE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARCHIVE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds ratings distribution

ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds reviews

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
1 stars This is bad, really bad. Sounds and form that ruined it all. Controlling Crowds sounds like worse, uglier and more dull brother of Gazpacho. Almost the only "better" thing here is the voice, vocals. But not too much, average I would say. This certainly isn't direction where I want modern prog to head, nor nothing I can enjoy. Deadly combination. For my final rating of course. It's not good, it's completely bad to use synths in this way, because overly electronic atmosphere ruins it all. Why ? So artificial, without "soul", like polished, cold ice, which however melts fast when confronted with critic eye of Marty. I can hear patterns and guess where they probably are. Tricks that should have worked, but they aren't, unfortunately. I don't like giving bad ratings, but hell, Quiet Time is even hip-hop, first track with annoying background, the only thing except average vocals is

1(+), cover art. Sad.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#260424) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars A local radio passed Bullets acouple of times in two days and I've been lucky enough to catch the name of the band and the song's title. I looked immediately on PA as the song sounded totally progressive to my ears. A number of bands jumped to my mind, Tangerine Dream for the repetitive and hypnotic theme, King Crimson or Nurkostam (that I've recently discovered on PA) for the acid sadness, even late Pink Floyd but in the same time nothing to do with all of them.

The song was "Bullets" and luckily there is the official video on their PA page.

Now that I have bought the download and I am satisfied enough to have relistened to bullets so much time I have given attention to the rest of the album.

Looking at the band's history on PA I hardly believe that he band comes from the trip-hop. Just the electronics in their sound can make me think so, but they sound less drones than Senmuth.

Highlights? All the songs are good, even if I like less when they leave the darkness behind like on "Clones" that's also the only track that can sound trip-hop in some parts (but that's a good track as well).

The already mentioned "Bullets" is still my fav, but "Collapse/Collide" and the title track are at the same level, just a bit less intriguing.

I'm grown with Floyd, Yes, Renaissance, ELP and Tangerine Dream on the "relaxing" side and with Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Deep Purple and Zeppelin on the rock side so I'm very surprised of myself. How can I like an album on which there's are two rappers chattering like on "Bastardised Ink"? Probably because after all they are making music also there.

I took some time to understand and accept things like screaming and growling, sooner or later I'll understand talking, too.

Without the rap thing I would have rated this album the maximum, but I think that open minded proggers can tolerate some dark rapping in the middle of a good album, so I'm probably excessive but I give it 4 stars.

Dark electronics and hypnotic rhythms plus remarkably good vocalists.

If you don't believe me, look at the video on PA and let me know.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#510267) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 27, 2011

4 stars I honestly can`t belive why such a great band as Archive gets so little attention here at PA... Is it because of their trip-hop roots? Let's leave that for now and take a look at this fine album here. The major change on this one is that this album is more trpi-hop oriented than the three previou ... (read more)

Report this review (#264824) | Posted by Wolf Spider | Sunday, February 07, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This new release by Archive surprised me positively. Let me explain why. After the last studio album, Lights, I had the feeling that Archive was finished, despite liking the album and especially the title track. But because of this feeling I never expected a new album. So first point goes to Ar ... (read more)

Report this review (#222922) | Posted by BackToBruijn | Wednesday, June 24, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARCHIVE "Controlling Crowds"