CONTROLLING CROWDS

Archive Controlling Crowds album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy ARCHIVE Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. Controlling Crowds (10:01)
2. Bullets (3:53)
3. Words On Signs (3:59)
4. Dangervisit (7:37)
5. Quiet Time (5:53)
6. Collapse/Collide (9:12)
7. Clones (5:00)
8. Bastardised Ink (3:34)
9. Kings of Speed (4:22)
10. Whore (4:15)
11. Chaos (5:28)
12. Rased to the Ground (5:22)
13. Funeral (7:19)

Bonus disc (Limited Edition)
1. Killing All Movements (6:15)
2. Children They Feed (3:00)
3. Day That You Go (3:46)
4. Neatly Folded (3:14)

Search ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds lyrics

Search ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds tabs

- Danny Griffiths / sound effects, keyboards, programming
- Darius Keeler / keyboards, choral arrangments, orchestral arrangments, programming, engineering
- Pollard Berrier /vocals, guitar, keyboards, sound effects, choral arrangments, orchestral arrangments
- Dave Pen / vocals, guitar, keyboards
- Maria Q / vocals
- Rosko John / vocals
- Steve Harris / guitar
- Smiley / drums
- Jonathan Noyce / bass, moog bass
- Graham Preskett / choral arrangments, orchestral arrangments, additional piano
- Pete Barraclough / guitar, engineering
- Steve Davis / bass
- Ella Cook / backing vocals
- Eltham Choral Society / choir
- Regional Orchestra of Cannes Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur / orchestra
- Philippe Bender / orchestras artistic director
- Jerome Devoise / engineering
- Hello Charlie / artwork, video

Limited edition includes bonus disc with 4 tracks and a video for Bullets.

Thanks to epistan for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

ARCHIVE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Again You All Look The Same To Me, 2002

LondiniumLondinium
Universal I.S. 1997
With Us Until You're DeadWith Us Until You're Dead
Imports 2012
Elvis Presley - Dorsey Shows / Golden Archive Series 56 GA 100 (LP) New US $24.99 Buy It Now 35m 29s
LOUIS ARMSTRONG - SATCHMO- EVEREST RECORDS ARCHIVE OF FOLK AND JAZZ-LP/Vinyl US $0.99 [0 bids]
48m 48s
Lonesome by Memphis Slim (CD, 1994, Drive Archive) US $4.99 [0 bids]
49m 27s
ARTIE SHAW - EVEREST RECORDS ARCHIVE OF FOLK AND JAZZ-LP/Vinyl/Record US $0.99 [0 bids]
49m 29s
PETE SEEGER "Self-titled" LP - Archive of Folk Music 1965 - Comp - SEALED! US $9.99 [0 bids]
59m 51s
Reissue 45 NORMA LEWIS Maybe This Time on Shag Archive US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Reissue 45 TONY MIDDLETON Sweet Baby Of Mine on Shag Archive US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Reissue 45 IVORY JOE HUNTER I Want Somebody on Shag Archive US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 9m
The Cure - Peel Session - BBC Archive - Import CD US $9.99 [0 bids]
BARBARIANS: Golden Archive Series LP (title sticker on shrink) Rock US $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Genesis Archive Vol. 2 - Rare OOP US $20.00 [0 bids]
Genesis Archive - CD's Rare OOP US $22.51 [3 bids]
Archive Production Red Stereo Germany Bach Works ARC 73129 DGG Inspection Signed US $69.99 [0 bids]
Good Vibes by Red Norvo (CD, Nov-1997, 2 Discs, Drive Archive) US $2.26 Buy It Now 3h 3m
John Holt - Archive [CD New] US $9.28 Buy It Now 3h 17m
PEARL BAILY AND LOUIS BELLSON Archive of Folk & Jazz Music MINT/SEALED LP US $11.99 Buy It Now 3h 40m
(563I) Grammatics, The Vague Archive - DJ CD US $5.74 Buy It Now 4h 16m
Count Basie - At The Savoy Ballroom / Archive Of Folk & Jazz Music - FS 318 US $7.00 [0 bids]
RAVEL PLAYS RAVEL (ARCHIVE OF PIANO MUSIC) US $10.00 Buy It Now 5h 20m
DRAMA MILITARY SWASHBUCKLING CARLIN ARCHIVE SERIES RARE LIBRARY SOUNDS 2 CD SET US $10.17 Buy It Now 6h 41m
BARBER SHOP HAWAWII SPIRITUAL CARLIN ARCHIVE SERIES RARE LIBRARY SOUNDS 2 CD SET US $10.17 Buy It Now 6h 43m
CHRIS BARBER LP FOLK & JAZZ ARCHIVE MUSIC NEAR MINT- FS-224 US $7.00 [0 bids]
Muggsy Spanier- Muggsy Spanier / Archive Of Folk & Jazz Music - FS 226 US $7.00 [0 bids]
L.A. Hardcore, Vol. 1 by Various Artists (CD, Mar-1994, Drive Archive) US $0.99 [0 bids]
LP Pete Seeger, Archive of Folk music, Everest FS-201 US $8.76 Buy It Now 7h 46m
RALPH KIRKPATRICK BACH PARTITA NO. 3 & NO. 4 ARCHIVE ARC 73130 RED STEREO US $4.99 [0 bids]
RALPH KIRKPATRICK BACH PARTITA NO. 5 & NO. 6 ARCHIVE ARC 73131 RED STEREO US $4.99 [0 bids]
RALPH KIRKPATRICK BACH PARTITA NO. 1 & NO. 2 ARCHIVE ARC 73128 RED STEREO US $4.99 [0 bids]
BIX BEIDERBECKE-MT1978LP EVEREST ARCHIVE OF FOLK & JAZZ US $8.99 Buy It Now 8h 15m
BIG JOE WILLIAMS (self titled)-NM1968?LP Archive of Folk Music US $10.85 Buy It Now 8h 45m
DAVID BANKS - ARCHIVE TAPES: CYBERMEN NEW CD US $50.51 Buy It Now 9h 17m
Oscar Brand and Jean Ritchie LP NM FS207 1967 shrink Archive of Folk Music US $14.99 Buy It Now 9h 45m
BIX BEIDERBECKE-NM1978LP EVEREST ARCHIVE OF FOLK & JAZZ US $10.20 Buy It Now 9h 57m
RHINO GOLDEN ARCHIVE Garage Rock & Roll Compilation LP THE STANDELLS US $19.99 Buy It Now 10h 6m
STRUGGLE - DESTRUCTION / SHOW I THE WAY - RANKING BARNABAS 10" ARCHIVE ?? US $12.99 Buy It Now 10h 27m
Charlie Parker [LP] Volume IV *SEALED* [Everest; FS 295] (1974) Archive of Jazz US $10.99 Buy It Now 10h 43m
LISZT NM- Josef Hofmann & Ignace Jan Paderewski X-916 Everest Archive album US $22.95 Buy It Now 11h 9m
TATIANA NIKOLAYEVA: CLASSIC ARCHIVE NEW DVD US $27.25 Buy It Now 11h 16m
UFO - BBC In Session & Live In Concert 1974 - 1975 Archive Series U.K. CD US $19.99 [0 bids]
JOHN HOLT - ARCHIVE NEW CD US $15.40 Buy It Now 11h 35m
US import STEVE ROACH VIDNA OBMANA Spirit Dome Live Archive 2-CD 2009 NEW sealed US $16.98 Buy It Now 12h
WATER MUSICK HANDEL Archive Production ARC 73265 Deutsche Grammophon EX/VG+ US $17.99 Buy It Now 12h 31m
PHIL SEYMOUR - PHIL SEYMOUR ARCHIVE SERIES 2 NEW CD US $16.93 Buy It Now 14h 5m
Big Joe Williams - Essential Blue Archive: Baby Please DonT Go CD US $15.71 Buy It Now 14h 46m
ARCHIVE - FUCK YOU [SINGLE] [PA] - NEW CD US $13.89 Buy It Now 16h 38m
CISCO HOUSTON ARCHIVE OF FOLK MUSIC FM 105 EXCELENT RARE US $29.99 [0 bids]
ARCHIVE - NOISE UNPLUGGED - NEW CD US $35.39 Buy It Now 17h 18m
The Stockholm Monsters - The Last One Back (Archive 1980-1987) - Factory Records US $22.99 Buy It Now 17h 40m
Doc Watson The Essential Vanguard VSD 45/46 ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $44.00 Buy It Now 17h 41m
V.S.O.P The Quintet ARCHIVE MASTER 1978 WL Promo 1st Press, STEAM CLEANED, A+ US $44.00 Buy It Now 17h 41m
Beatles Again / Hey Jude 1st Sam Feldman 1970 ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $92.00 Buy It Now 17h 41m
Grateful Dead Terrapin Station POGO 1982 Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $49.60 Buy It Now 17h 41m
Doc Watson Riding the Midnight Train Audiophile ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $36.00 Buy It Now 17h 41m
Big Brother and the Holding Company Janis Joplin ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $48.00 Buy It Now 17h 41m
The Weavers Travelling on with 1st Vanguard ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $36.00 Buy It Now 17h 41m
Poulenc / Alain - Concerto For Organ Kjell Johnson Swedish ARCHIVE MASTER, CLEAN US $52.00 Buy It Now 17h 41m
Fleetwood Mac Mystery to Me Re-Issue Press, ARCHIVE MASTER+ ULTRASONIC CLEANED! US $44.00 Buy It Now 17h 41m
John Lennon Imagine 1971 1st Bell Sam Feldman ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $100.00 Buy It Now 17h 41m
Beatles Let it Be Wally Traugot Re-Issue EMI ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $60.00 Buy It Now 17h 41m
Mountain Leslie West Climbing! Sterling Lee Hulko ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Cln US $52.00 Buy It Now 17h 41m
Doc Watson Merle Watson Down South Audiophile ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $36.00 Buy It Now 17h 41m
Star Trek 1979 1st Wally Traugot Press Soundtrck ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $28.00 Buy It Now 17h 41m
Genesis Selling England By the Pound UK Charisma ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $48.00 Buy It Now 17h 41m
Santana Abraxas 1974 CBS UK Press, A+ SOUND! ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Cln US $52.00 Buy It Now 17h 41m
Beatles Revolver 1978 PROMO Purple Label Capitol ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $52.00 Buy It Now 17h 45m
Jethro Tull Original Masters 1985 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $40.00 Buy It Now 17h 46m
Judas Priest British Steel WL PROMO 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $52.00 Buy It Now 17h 46m
Archive Collection, Vol. 1 by Anthony Phillips (CD, Mar-2014, 2 Discs,... US $14.30 Buy It Now 18h 22m
Eric Clapton Behind the Sun 1985 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned US $32.00 Buy It Now 18h 25m
The Yardbirds Five Live Canada Nardem Press ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned US $32.00 Buy It Now 18h 25m
Abba Super Trouper ARCHIVE MASTER Audiophile, STEAM CLEANED, 1980 Disco Best! US $36.00 Buy It Now 18h 25m
Lucifer's Friend Good Time Warrior 1st 1978 Press ARCHIVE MASTER Steam Cleaned US $44.00 Buy It Now 18h 25m
Chicago XI TML 1977 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned! US $32.00 Buy It Now 18h 25m
Crosby, Stills and Nash CSN ARCHIVE MASTER, STEAM CLEANED, 1977 Original US $44.00 Buy It Now 18h 25m
Aerosmith Get Your WIngs PROMO 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER, STEAM CLEANED, A+ US $32.00 Buy It Now 18h 25m
Crosby, Stills and Nash Allies LIVE ARCHIVE MASTER, STEAM CLEANED,1983 Promo 1st US $44.00 Buy It Now 18h 25m
Steve Winwood Roll With It ARCHIVE MASTER 1988 DMM Audiophile, STEAM CLEANED US $44.00 Buy It Now 18h 25m
Doobie Brothers Livin' on the Fault Line 1977 Press ARCHIVE MASTER+ULTRASONIC CN US $44.00 Buy It Now 18h 25m
Tom Petty Pack up the Plantation LIVE ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned! US $44.00 Buy It Now 18h 25m
Huey Lewis Picture This ARCHIVE MASTER 1st 1982 Press, STEAM CLEANED, A+ SOUND US $44.00 Buy It Now 18h 25m
Platters Reborn - Only You / My Prayer (Shag Archive label REISSUE) US $5.00 Buy It Now 18h 47m
Archive Performances: Albert Sammons & Lionel Tertis US $27.88 Buy It Now 18h 56m
lp ARCHIVE PRODUCTION masterworks of the baroque US $12.48 Buy It Now 19h 9m
ARCHIVE PROJECT THE - ARCHIVE PROJECT THE - RSH005CD US $21.42 Buy It Now 19h 14m
The Doobie Brothers Takin' it to the Streets ARCHIVE MASTER W1 Press, STEAM CLND US $44.00 Buy It Now 19h 19m
Sly & The Family Stone Life ARCHIVE MASTER Audiophile Press, 180g, Steam Cleaned US $36.00 Buy It Now 19h 19m
The Yardbirds 20 Greatest Hits German ARCHIVE MASTER Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED US $44.00 Buy It Now 19h 19m
Elvis Presley Worldwide Gold Award Hits 1 & 2 ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned US $44.00 Buy It Now 19h 19m
Elvis Presley A Legendary Performer Vol 1 ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned US $44.00 Buy It Now 19h 19m
Tommy Ladnier LP Archive of Jazz Volume 22 french imp nr mint US $6.99 Buy It Now 20h 8m
Everly Brothers Golden Archive Series 14 track Best Of LP SEALED NEW Rhino US $18.99 Buy It Now 20h 25m
LP: Archive Production SRC 3078 High Ren Spanish Masters RARE! MINT W/ Insert US $29.99 Buy It Now 20h 26m
The Bobby Fuller Four SEALED LP Rhino Golden Archive Series - I Fought The Law US $15.99 Buy It Now 20h 31m
Raiding The Divine Archive by US $4.73 Buy It Now 20h 38m
Bach(Vinyl LP)Dorian Toccata And Fugue-Archive-2547 111-UK-Ex/NM US $14.99 Buy It Now 21h 4m
ARCHIVE PRODUCTION THE GERMAN PRE-CLASSICS (1700-1760) THREE RECORD SET US $17.99 Buy It Now 21h 8m
ARCHIVE PRODUCTION THE GERMAN PRE-CLASSICS (1700-1760) RECORD US $8.99 Buy It Now 21h 8m
Double Dixie by Sidney Bechet (CD, Nov-1994, Drive Archive) US $5.99 Buy It Now 21h 27m
GERTRUDE "MA" RAINEY: Archive Of Jazz, Vol. 28 LP (France, laminated cover) Jaz US $12.00 Buy It Now 22h 2m
Back to Birdland by Freddie Hubbard (CD, 1994, Drive Archive) US $3.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy ARCHIVE music online Buy ARCHIVE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARCHIVE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds ratings distribution

ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds reviews

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
1 stars This is bad, really bad. Sounds and form that ruined it all. Controlling Crowds sounds like worse, uglier and more dull brother of Gazpacho. Almost the only "better" thing here is the voice, vocals. But not too much, average I would say. This certainly isn't direction where I want modern prog to head, nor nothing I can enjoy. Deadly combination. For my final rating of course. It's not good, it's completely bad to use synths in this way, because overly electronic atmosphere ruins it all. Why ? So artificial, without "soul", like polished, cold ice, which however melts fast when confronted with critic eye of Marty. I can hear patterns and guess where they probably are. Tricks that should have worked, but they aren't, unfortunately. I don't like giving bad ratings, but hell, Quiet Time is even hip-hop, first track with annoying background, the only thing except average vocals is

1(+), cover art. Sad.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#260424) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars A local radio passed Bullets acouple of times in two days and I've been lucky enough to catch the name of the band and the song's title. I looked immediately on PA as the song sounded totally progressive to my ears. A number of bands jumped to my mind, Tangerine Dream for the repetitive and hypnotic theme, King Crimson or Nurkostam (that I've recently discovered on PA) for the acid sadness, even late Pink Floyd but in the same time nothing to do with all of them.

The song was "Bullets" and luckily there is the official video on their PA page.

Now that I have bought the download and I am satisfied enough to have relistened to bullets so much time I have given attention to the rest of the album.

Looking at the band's history on PA I hardly believe that he band comes from the trip-hop. Just the electronics in their sound can make me think so, but they sound less drones than Senmuth.

Highlights? All the songs are good, even if I like less when they leave the darkness behind like on "Clones" that's also the only track that can sound trip-hop in some parts (but that's a good track as well).

The already mentioned "Bullets" is still my fav, but "Collapse/Collide" and the title track are at the same level, just a bit less intriguing.

I'm grown with Floyd, Yes, Renaissance, ELP and Tangerine Dream on the "relaxing" side and with Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Deep Purple and Zeppelin on the rock side so I'm very surprised of myself. How can I like an album on which there's are two rappers chattering like on "Bastardised Ink"? Probably because after all they are making music also there.

I took some time to understand and accept things like screaming and growling, sooner or later I'll understand talking, too.

Without the rap thing I would have rated this album the maximum, but I think that open minded proggers can tolerate some dark rapping in the middle of a good album, so I'm probably excessive but I give it 4 stars.

Dark electronics and hypnotic rhythms plus remarkably good vocalists.

If you don't believe me, look at the video on PA and let me know.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#510267) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 27, 2011

4 stars I honestly can`t belive why such a great band as Archive gets so little attention here at PA... Is it because of their trip-hop roots? Let's leave that for now and take a look at this fine album here. The major change on this one is that this album is more trpi-hop oriented than the three previou ... (read more)

Report this review (#264824) | Posted by Wolf Spider | Sunday, February 07, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This new release by Archive surprised me positively. Let me explain why. After the last studio album, Lights, I had the feeling that Archive was finished, despite liking the album and especially the title track. But because of this feeling I never expected a new album. So first point goes to Ar ... (read more)

Report this review (#222922) | Posted by BackToBruijn | Wednesday, June 24, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARCHIVE "Controlling Crowds"