CONTROLLING CROWDS

Archive Controlling Crowds album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy ARCHIVE Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. Controlling Crowds (10:01)
2. Bullets (3:53)
3. Words On Signs (3:59)
4. Dangervisit (7:37)
5. Quiet Time (5:53)
6. Collapse/Collide (9:12)
7. Clones (5:00)
8. Bastardised Ink (3:34)
9. Kings of Speed (4:22)
10. Whore (4:15)
11. Chaos (5:28)
12. Rased to the Ground (5:22)
13. Funeral (7:19)

Bonus disc (Limited Edition)
1. Killing All Movements (6:15)
2. Children They Feed (3:00)
3. Day That You Go (3:46)
4. Neatly Folded (3:14)

Search ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds lyrics

Search ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds tabs

- Danny Griffiths / sound effects, keyboards, programming
- Darius Keeler / keyboards, choral arrangments, orchestral arrangments, programming, engineering
- Pollard Berrier /vocals, guitar, keyboards, sound effects, choral arrangments, orchestral arrangments
- Dave Pen / vocals, guitar, keyboards
- Maria Q / vocals
- Rosko John / vocals
- Steve Harris / guitar
- Smiley / drums
- Jonathan Noyce / bass, moog bass
- Graham Preskett / choral arrangments, orchestral arrangments, additional piano
- Pete Barraclough / guitar, engineering
- Steve Davis / bass
- Ella Cook / backing vocals
- Eltham Choral Society / choir
- Regional Orchestra of Cannes Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur / orchestra
- Philippe Bender / orchestras artistic director
- Jerome Devoise / engineering
- Hello Charlie / artwork, video

Limited edition includes bonus disc with 4 tracks and a video for Bullets.

Thanks to epistan for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

ARCHIVE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Again You All Look The Same To Me, 2002

With Us Until You're DeadWith Us Until You're Dead
Imports 2012
Controlling CrowdsControlling Crowds
101 DISTRIBUTION 2009
Pete Seeger "Self-Titled" ARCHIVE OF FOLK MUSIC LP #FS-201 US $9.99 Buy It Now 45m 38s
SIDNEY BECHET: ULTRA RARE FRENCH IMPORT: ARCHIVE OF JAZZ VOL.2: NEAR MINT US $9.50 Buy It Now 57m 39s
R09- RITCHIE VALENS SELF TITLED Del-Fi Record Golden Archive Series VG+ R154139 US $9.49 [0 bids]
Runrig The Archive Series BBC 2 CD UK Import US $16.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
650 Am Wsm Live from the Archives Volume, 650 Am Wsm Live From the Archive, Very US $6.14 Buy It Now 1h 50m
The California Ramblers: Edison Laterals 2 w/ Artwork Music CD digital archive! US $18.89 Buy It Now 2h 48m
Darius Milhaud: Service Sacre CD (Naxos Milken Archive American Jewish) NEW US $3.49 Buy It Now 4h 9m
Charlie Parker [LP] Volume IV *SEALED* [Everest; FS 295] (1974) Archive of Jazz US $10.99 Buy It Now 5h 5m
The Stanford Archive Series: Lawrence Tibbett, New Music US $16.12 Buy It Now 6h 11m
Genesis Archive #2 1976-1992 US $38.97 Buy It Now 8h 15m
HELMUT WALCHA - Bach Organ Works ARCHIVE ARC 3017 lp EX US $19.99 Buy It Now 8h 23m
Ike & Tina Turner - Archive Series, Vols. 1 & 2 (Hits and Classics, 200) CD X 2 US $14.51 Buy It Now 10h
Anne Shelton - Kiss The Boys Goodbye (Enhanced Archive Recordings) 2000 CD New US $6.45 Buy It Now 11h 21m
Maria Callas - Oh Donna Mia (Enhanced Archive Recordings) 2005 CD (New US $6.45 Buy It Now 11h 23m
Maurice Chevalier - Singing A Happy Song (Enhanced Archive Recordings) 2005 CD US $6.45 Buy It Now 11h 23m
Stanley Holloway - Penny on The Drum (Enhanced Archive Recordings) 2000 CD (New) US $6.45 Buy It Now 11h 24m
Bob Marley : Archive CD (1996) US $8.78 Buy It Now 11h 31m
TUNING THE RADIO CD RTE IRISH TRADITIONAL MUSIC ARCHIVE US $26.09 Buy It Now 11h 35m
SPANISH FOLK SPECIFICS MUSIC HOUSE ARCHIVE RARE LIBRARY MUSIC SOUNDS CD US $9.24 Buy It Now 11h 37m
Little Richard - He's Got It (The Essential Blue Archive) (CD 2007) 24hr POST US $9.70 Buy It Now 11h 37m
NATURE OF PERCUSSION 2 MUSIC HOUSE ARCHIVE RARE LIBRARY MUSIC SOUNDS CD US $9.24 Buy It Now 11h 39m
The Andrews Sisters - The Best Of (Enhanced Archive Recordings) 2000 CD (New) US $6.45 Buy It Now 11h 52m
Eddie Cantor - Okay Toots (Enhanced Archive Recordings) 2004 CD (New US $6.45 Buy It Now 11h 52m
TOYAH MAYHEM a special collection of rare & archive CD US $10.99 Buy It Now 11h 54m
Bach: Violin Concerto No.2 - Tibor Varga **Archive / Deutsche APM 14050 LP** US $34.28 [2 bids]
Journey Frontiers 1983 ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned! 1st Masterdisk Press US $44.00 Buy It Now 11h 56m
Harry Nilsson Son of Schmilsson 1S RCA 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $32.00 Buy It Now 11h 56m
Van Morrison His Band and Street Choir UK Press ARCHIVE MASTER ULTRASONIC CLEAN US $44.00 Buy It Now 11h 56m
Mozart Don Giovanni EMI Angel 1984 ARCHIVE MASTER, ULTRASONIC CLEANED! US $44.00 Buy It Now 11h 56m
Elvis Presley Burning Love Hits from Movies 2 ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned US $36.00 Buy It Now 11h 56m
Journey Evolution 1979 ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned! 1st Press US $32.00 Buy It Now 11h 56m
Beach Boys Made in the USA 1986 PROMO Archive Master, ULTRASONIC CLEANED! Wally US $44.00 Buy It Now 11h 56m
Rolling Stones Steel Wheels DMM 1st Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED! Archive Master US $32.00 Buy It Now 11h 56m
The Cars Heartbeat City ARCHIVE MASTER Audiophile 1st Press, Steam Cleaned, A+ US $44.00 Buy It Now 11h 56m
Big Joe Williams - Baby Please Don't Go Essential Blue Archive (CD 2007) US $7.48 Buy It Now 11h 57m
U2 LIVE Under a Blood Red Sky Precision Press, ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Cleaned US $44.00 Buy It Now 11h 59m
Recorded Live at Fillmore West 1969 Bloomfield ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Cleaned US $34.40 Buy It Now 11h 59m
Beatles Something New ARCHIVE MASTER, STEAM CLEANED, A+ SOUND, Warm Analog Sound US $44.00 Buy It Now 11h 59m
Bruce Springsteen Tunnel of Love Direct Metal ARCHIVE MASTER, STEAM CLEANED, A+ US $34.40 Buy It Now 11h 59m
Kansas Audio-Visions 1980 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER, ULTRASONIC CLEANED! US $44.00 Buy It Now 11h 59m
Elton John Here and There ARCHIVE MASTER, STEAM CLEANED A+ SOUND, 1st 1976 Press US $44.00 Buy It Now 11h 59m
ELP Self-Titled 1971 1st Press, STUNNING! ARCHIVE MASTER, ULTRASONIC CLEANED US $44.00 Buy It Now 11h 59m
Arlo Guthrie Best of 1977 Promo 1st Prs ARCHIVE MASTER, STEAM CLEANED, A+ SOUND US $36.00 Buy It Now 11h 59m
Dr John Gumbo 1972 1st George Piros Press NM ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Cleaned US $108.00 Buy It Now 11h 59m
Kansas Leftoverture 1976 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER, ULTRASONIC CLEANED! US $44.00 Buy It Now 11h 59m
Prokofieff / Stravinsky Chesky RC10 Reiner ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Audiophile US $56.00 Buy It Now 11h 59m
Yes Drama ARCHIVE MASTER 1980 1st Strawberry Press, STEAM CLEANED, A+ SOUND US $44.00 Buy It Now 12h
Wings and McCartney Over America 1976 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER, STEAM CLEANED,A+ US $32.00 Buy It Now 12h
Simon and Garfunkel 3AM Wednesday Morning ARCHIVE MASTER, ULTRASONIC CLEANED US $34.40 Buy It Now 12h
Bach(Vinyl LP)Cantatas No's 80 & 140-Archive-2547 024-UK-VG+/NM US $17.94 Buy It Now 12h 2m
Pachelbel(Vinyl LP Gatefold)Canon & Gigue-Archive-415 518 1-Germany-Ex+/NM US $19.57 Buy It Now 12h 2m
Bach (Vinyl LP)Harpsichord Concertos-Archive-2547 010-UK-VG+/NM US $17.94 Buy It Now 12h 2m
Couperin(4x12" Vinyl LP Box Set)Concerts Royaux-Archive-Germany-Ex/NM US $37.53 Buy It Now 12h 6m
John Lennon Imagine 1971 1st Bell Sam Feldman ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $100.00 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Star Trek 1979 1st Wally Traugot Press Soundtrck ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $28.00 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Joan Jett Bad Reputation 1981 1A Allen Zentz ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $44.00 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Duke Ellington Uptown 1987 Re-Issue ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $36.00 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Big Brother and the Holding Company Janis Joplin ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $48.00 Buy It Now 12h 14m
John Lennon Milk and Honey 1st 1984 Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $52.00 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Grateful Dead Terrapin Station POGO 1982 Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clea US $49.60 Buy It Now 12h 14m
V.S.O.P The Quintet ARCHIVE MASTER 1978 WL Promo 1st Press, STEAM CLEANED, A+ US $44.00 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Mountain Leslie West Climbing! Sterling Lee Hulko ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Cln US $52.00 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Rush Permanent Waves Masterdisk HW 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $60.00 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Rush Archives, Caress, S/T, Fly 1978 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $80.00 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Duke Ellington & Count Basie First Time! ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $36.00 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Beatles Revolver 1978 PROMO Purple Label Capitol ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $52.00 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Fleetwood Mac Mystery to Me Re-Issue Press, ARCHIVE MASTER+ ULTRASONIC CLEANED! US $44.00 Buy It Now 12h 14m
REO Speedwagon Tuna Fish Wally Traugot Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $44.00 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Jim Croce Greatest Character Songs 1978 1C/1D ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $36.00 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Rush Signals Masterdisk RL Ludwig 1982 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $48.00 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Rush A Farewell to Kings JAMF 1977 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $68.00 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Rush Grace Under Pressure Masterdisk 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $44.00 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Rush Hold Your Fire DMM Audiophile 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $57.60 Buy It Now 12h 14m
REO Speedwagon High Infidelity Kendun 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $44.00 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Beatles Again / Hey Jude 1st Sam Feldman 1970 ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $92.00 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Doc Watson Merle Watson Down South Audiophile ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $36.00 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Joan Jett I Love Rock n Roll 1981 1A CRC ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $36.00 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Jethro Tull Original Masters 1985 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $40.00 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Beatles Let it Be Wally Traugot Re-Issue EMI ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $60.00 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Doc Watson Riding the Midnight Train Audiophile ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $36.00 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Doc Watson The Essential Vanguard VSD 45/46 ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $44.00 Buy It Now 12h 15m
Santana Abraxas 1974 CBS UK Press, A+ SOUND! ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Cln US $52.00 Buy It Now 12h 15m
James Taylor Greatest Hits 1976 Grundman Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $52.00 Buy It Now 12h 15m
Poulenc / Alain - Concerto For Organ Kjell Johnson Swedish ARCHIVE MASTER, CLEAN US $52.00 Buy It Now 12h 15m
Gary Numan - Archive - US CD Album US $11.99 Buy It Now 13h
Jean Philippe Rameau(Vinyl LP Gatefold)Pieces De Clavecin-Archive-Germany-NM/Ex US $20.19 Buy It Now 13h 7m
THE IMPRESSIONS versatile LP Archive Press Mint- ABCS-668 Curtis Mayfield 1969 US $19.20 Buy It Now 13h 14m
Lonesome by Memphis Slim (CD, 1994, Drive Archive) US $4.99 [0 bids]
MARIA CALLAS - AUDIO ARCHIVE COLLECTION - RARE CD US $13.57 Buy It Now 13h 32m
Muddy Waters - I Can't Be Satisfied - Essential Blue Archive (CD 2006) US $9.70 Buy It Now 13h 36m
Archive ARC 73221 Otto Buchner Violin Concerto & Violin & Oboe Concerto US $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 36m
VELVET UNDERGROUND LP ( GOLDEN ARCHIVE SERIES ) US $29.99 Buy It Now 14h
Sex Pistols Japan Book Archive Series PIL John Lydon Sid Vicious US $69.99 Buy It Now 14h 3m
Greatest Recordings of the Big Band Era Archive Volume 5&6 SEALED US $20.00 Buy It Now 14h 12m
Greatest Recordings of the Big Band Era Archive Volume collection 7 US $20.00 Buy It Now 14h 18m
Greatest Recordings of the Big Band Era Archive Volume collection 9 US $20.00 Buy It Now 14h 25m
Greatest Recordings of the Big Band Era Archive Volume collection 11 US $20.00 Buy It Now 14h 29m
BOB DYLAN s/t debut LP Mint- PC 8579 Vinyl 1962 Archive 1970's Press Stereo US $45.00 Buy It Now 14h 35m
Vivaldi(Vinyl LP)The Four Seasons-Archive Production-2534003-Germany-Ex/VG+ US $17.99 Buy It Now 15h
Bononcini(Vinyl LP Gatefold)Cantate Pastorali-Archive Production-2533450-Ex/Ex US $19.99 Buy It Now 15h

More places to buy ARCHIVE music online Buy ARCHIVE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARCHIVE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds ratings distribution

ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds reviews

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
1 stars This is bad, really bad. Sounds and form that ruined it all. Controlling Crowds sounds like worse, uglier and more dull brother of Gazpacho. Almost the only "better" thing here is the voice, vocals. But not too much, average I would say. This certainly isn't direction where I want modern prog to head, nor nothing I can enjoy. Deadly combination. For my final rating of course. It's not good, it's completely bad to use synths in this way, because overly electronic atmosphere ruins it all. Why ? So artificial, without "soul", like polished, cold ice, which however melts fast when confronted with critic eye of Marty. I can hear patterns and guess where they probably are. Tricks that should have worked, but they aren't, unfortunately. I don't like giving bad ratings, but hell, Quiet Time is even hip-hop, first track with annoying background, the only thing except average vocals is

1(+), cover art. Sad.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#260424) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars A local radio passed Bullets acouple of times in two days and I've been lucky enough to catch the name of the band and the song's title. I looked immediately on PA as the song sounded totally progressive to my ears. A number of bands jumped to my mind, Tangerine Dream for the repetitive and hypnotic theme, King Crimson or Nurkostam (that I've recently discovered on PA) for the acid sadness, even late Pink Floyd but in the same time nothing to do with all of them.

The song was "Bullets" and luckily there is the official video on their PA page.

Now that I have bought the download and I am satisfied enough to have relistened to bullets so much time I have given attention to the rest of the album.

Looking at the band's history on PA I hardly believe that he band comes from the trip-hop. Just the electronics in their sound can make me think so, but they sound less drones than Senmuth.

Highlights? All the songs are good, even if I like less when they leave the darkness behind like on "Clones" that's also the only track that can sound trip-hop in some parts (but that's a good track as well).

The already mentioned "Bullets" is still my fav, but "Collapse/Collide" and the title track are at the same level, just a bit less intriguing.

I'm grown with Floyd, Yes, Renaissance, ELP and Tangerine Dream on the "relaxing" side and with Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Deep Purple and Zeppelin on the rock side so I'm very surprised of myself. How can I like an album on which there's are two rappers chattering like on "Bastardised Ink"? Probably because after all they are making music also there.

I took some time to understand and accept things like screaming and growling, sooner or later I'll understand talking, too.

Without the rap thing I would have rated this album the maximum, but I think that open minded proggers can tolerate some dark rapping in the middle of a good album, so I'm probably excessive but I give it 4 stars.

Dark electronics and hypnotic rhythms plus remarkably good vocalists.

If you don't believe me, look at the video on PA and let me know.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#510267) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 27, 2011

4 stars I honestly can`t belive why such a great band as Archive gets so little attention here at PA... Is it because of their trip-hop roots? Let's leave that for now and take a look at this fine album here. The major change on this one is that this album is more trpi-hop oriented than the three previou ... (read more)

Report this review (#264824) | Posted by Wolf Spider | Sunday, February 07, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This new release by Archive surprised me positively. Let me explain why. After the last studio album, Lights, I had the feeling that Archive was finished, despite liking the album and especially the title track. But because of this feeling I never expected a new album. So first point goes to Ar ... (read more)

Report this review (#222922) | Posted by BackToBruijn | Wednesday, June 24, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARCHIVE "Controlling Crowds"