CONTROLLING CROWDS

Archive Controlling Crowds album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy ARCHIVE Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. Controlling Crowds (10:01)
2. Bullets (3:53)
3. Words On Signs (3:59)
4. Dangervisit (7:37)
5. Quiet Time (5:53)
6. Collapse/Collide (9:12)
7. Clones (5:00)
8. Bastardised Ink (3:34)
9. Kings of Speed (4:22)
10. Whore (4:15)
11. Chaos (5:28)
12. Rased to the Ground (5:22)
13. Funeral (7:19)

Bonus disc (Limited Edition)
1. Killing All Movements (6:15)
2. Children They Feed (3:00)
3. Day That You Go (3:46)
4. Neatly Folded (3:14)

Search ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds lyrics

Search ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds tabs

- Danny Griffiths / sound effects, keyboards, programming
- Darius Keeler / keyboards, choral arrangments, orchestral arrangments, programming, engineering
- Pollard Berrier /vocals, guitar, keyboards, sound effects, choral arrangments, orchestral arrangments
- Dave Pen / vocals, guitar, keyboards
- Maria Q / vocals
- Rosko John / vocals
- Steve Harris / guitar
- Smiley / drums
- Jonathan Noyce / bass, moog bass
- Graham Preskett / choral arrangments, orchestral arrangments, additional piano
- Pete Barraclough / guitar, engineering
- Steve Davis / bass
- Ella Cook / backing vocals
- Eltham Choral Society / choir
- Regional Orchestra of Cannes Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur / orchestra
- Philippe Bender / orchestras artistic director
- Jerome Devoise / engineering
- Hello Charlie / artwork, video

Limited edition includes bonus disc with 4 tracks and a video for Bullets.

Thanks to epistan for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

ARCHIVE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Again You All Look The Same To Me, 2002

LondiniumLondinium
Universal I.S. 1997
Controlling CrowdsControlling Crowds
101 DISTRIBUTION 2009
Controlling Crowds: The Complete Edition Part I-IVControlling Crowds: The Complete Edition Part I-IV
Imports 2009
NEW GOLDEN ARCHIVE SERIES - Velvet Underground US $12.49 Buy It Now 51m 39s
JUDY GARLAND*GOLDEN ARCHIVE SERIES*M.G.M* GAS-113*1970*SIMULATED STEREO* EX+* US $4.46 Buy It Now 1h 6m
? Original PRESSING ? 1968 Charlie Christian "Archive of Folk Music" Vinyl LP US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Steve Winwood Self-Titled 1977 1st Press, ARCHIVE MASTER, STEAM CLEANED, Island US $55.00 Buy It Now 1h 43m
The Band Stage Fright RL Ludwig 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned! US $55.00 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Jimi Hendrix Are You Experienced? 2nd issue ARCHIVE MASTER ULTRASONIC CLEANED! US $85.00 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Kansas Audio-Visions 1980 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER, ULTRASONIC CLEANED! US $55.00 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Arlo Guthrie Best of 1977 Promo 1st Prs ARCHIVE MASTER, STEAM CLEANED, A+ SOUND US $45.00 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Beatles Something New ARCHIVE MASTER, STEAM CLEANED, A+ SOUND, Warm Analog Sound US $65.00 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Kansas Leftoverture 1976 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER, ULTRASONIC CLEANED! US $55.00 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Alice Cooper Greatest Hits 1974 ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned! US $50.00 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Blood, Sweat & Tears Self-Titled 1968 ARCHIVE MASTER, STEAM CLEANED, A+ SOUND! US $65.00 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Elton John Here and There ARCHIVE MASTER, STEAM CLEANED A+ SOUND, 1st 1976 Press US $55.00 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Latvian Lp - the DOORS Archive LATVIA - Melodiya RIGA SF - Lettland 1988 US $29.90 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Scorpions Hot & Heavy German Audiophile Press, ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Clean US $50.00 Buy It Now 2h 21m
U2 The Unforgettable Fire ARCHIVE MASTER, ULTRASONIC CLEANED! 1st Press US $55.00 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Elvis Presley Back in Memphis 1970 ARCHIVE MASTER, STEAM CLEANED, A+ SOUND! US $60.00 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Queen A Night at the Opera 1975 1st Press, Archive Master ULTRASONIC CLEANED US $60.00 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Rush All the World's a Stage LIVE ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic CLEANED! JAMF 1st US $60.00 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Travelling Wilburys Volume One 1988 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER ULTRASONIC CLEANED US $85.00 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Stryper Soldiers Under Command White 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER ULTRASONIC CLEANED US $60.00 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Michael Jackson Bad 1st 1987 1Ac/1D Epic ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned US $85.00 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Cream Wheels of Fire CRC Super Rare ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned, NM US $105.00 Buy It Now 2h 27m
Billy Joel 52nd Street Sterling ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned, A+ SOUND US $55.00 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Iron Maiden - Eddie's Archive Metal Box Set (6 CD's, Shot Glass, Family Tree) EX US $252.12 [0 bids]
The Best of Love Love Golden Archive Series CD 22 Hits UK Import Brand New US $7.00 Buy It Now 2h 40m
Best of the Scorpions II 1984 A1 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned! US $55.00 Buy It Now 2h 51m
King Crimson USA LIVE 1975 George Piros 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clnd US $65.00 Buy It Now 2h 51m
Huey Lewis Small World ARCHIVE MASTER 1st Direct Metal 1988 Press, STEAM CLEANED US $50.00 Buy It Now 2h 51m
GERMAN BAROQUE MUSIC , HEINRICH SCHUTZ , ARCHIVE RECORDS ARC 73721 US $2.49 [0 bids]
archive PABLO CASALS recorded in 1937 SZELL conducts Supraphon US $9.99 [0 bids]
Brahms con for violin, cello archive 1963 SUK NAVARRA US $9.99 [0 bids]
Back to Birdland by Freddie Hubbard (CD, Jan-1994, Drive Archive) New and Sealed US $4.95 [0 bids]
JIMMIE DRIFTWOOD 1960 westward movement LP Archive Press Mint- LPM-2171 1s/1s US $36.00 Buy It Now 4h 28m
JIMMIE DRIFTWOOD tall tales in song LP Archive Press Mint- LPM-2228 1s/1s 1960 US $24.00 Buy It Now 4h 28m
PETER PAUL & MARY album Mono 1966 LP Archive 1st Press Sealed W 1648 Record US $192.00 Buy It Now 4h 36m
Lullaby in Rhythm by Les Brown (CD, Mar-1995, Drive Archive) US $5.98 Buy It Now 4h 37m
Telemann(Vinyl LP)Three Concertos From Tafelmusik-Archive-2547 013-UK-Ex/VG+ US $13.43 Buy It Now 4h 42m
Purcell(Vinyl LP Gatefold)Ode On St Cecilia's Day (1692)-Archive-UK-Ex/NM US $21.83 Buy It Now 4h 42m
Bach(Vinyl LP Gatefold)Die Sinfonien Fur Streitcher-Archive-Germany-NM/NM US $20.15 Buy It Now 4h 42m
Couperin(4x12" Vinyl LP Box Set)Concerts Royaux-Archive-2723 046-Germany-NM/NM US $50.41 Buy It Now 4h 43m
650 Am Wsm Live from the Archives Volume, 650 Am Wsm Live From the Archive, Very US $4.40 Buy It Now 4h 44m
CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL Archive Rec. RUSSIAN Lp MELODIYA Moscow Russia US $19.90 Buy It Now 4h 45m
NETANIA DAVRATH new songs of the auvergne LP Archive Mint- VRS-9209 Mono 1966 US $48.00 Buy It Now 4h 48m
JIMMY GIUFFRE four brothers sound LP Archive Mint- SD 1295 Stereo 1960 Record US $60.00 Buy It Now 5h
Solitaire Ritual Ground CD USA 617026201320 Projekt: Archive new US $8.48 [0 bids]
OSCAR BRAND pie in the sky LP Archive Press Mint- TLP 1022 Mono 1957 Record US $19.20 Buy It Now 5h 24m
PETE SEEGER we shall overcome LP Archive Press Mint- CL 2101 Vinyl 1963 Record US $16.80 Buy It Now 5h 39m
PETE SEEGER bitter & the sweet LP Archive Press Mint- CL 1916 Mono 1962 Record US $21.60 Buy It Now 5h 40m
MUDDY WATERS: I CAN'T BE SATISFIED. THE ESSENTIAL BLUE ARCHIVE NEW CD 2006 US $13.63 Buy It Now 5h 41m
LIGHTING HOPKINS: NOTHIN' BUT THE BLUES. THE ESSENTIAL BLUE ARCHIVE NEW CD 2006 US $13.63 Buy It Now 5h 55m
JOE TURNER: JUMPIN' TONIGHT. THE ESSENTIAL BLUE ARCHIVE NEW CD 2006 US $13.63 Buy It Now 5h 58m
T BONE WALKER: THE HUSTLE IS ON. THE ESSENTIAL BLUE ARCHIVE NEW CD 2006 US $13.63 Buy It Now 6h
HOWLIN' WOLF: MOANIN' AT MIDNIGHT. THE ESSENTIAL BLUE ARCHIVE NEW CD 2006 US $13.63 Buy It Now 6h 3m
CBS Stereo 3rd Press BRUNO WALTER brahms symphony no 1 LP Archive Mint- MS 6389 US $31.20 Buy It Now 6h 12m
Soul Archive,Gladys Knight & The Pips, Betty Everett & Jerry Butler & More,LP US $21.83 Buy It Now 6h 16m
SEALED JOSH WHITE Archive of Folk Music LP Everest US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 19m
v/a DIRECT BEAT ARCHIVE SERIES 1 2x LP NEW VINYL Aux 88 Di'jital Will Web US $29.99 Buy It Now 6h 32m
Time After Time [Drive Archive] by Sarah Vaughan (CD... US $4.99 Buy It Now 6h 53m
Mello-Kings - Essential Blue Archive:ton [CD New] US $16.99 Buy It Now 7h 9m
lightnin hopkins-eveest-archive of folk and jazz US $25.00 Buy It Now 7h 54m
On Your Toes by Bunny Berigan (CD, Mar-1996, Drive Archive) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Woody Guthrie Everest Archive Of Folk Music LP Rare US $5.99 [0 bids]
8h
, , Archive Recordings of Live Performances, 1948 & 1952 US $21.58 Buy It Now 8h 17m
BIG BILL BROONZY 1967 EVEREST RECORDS ARCHIVE OF FOLK & JAZZ MUSIC FS 213 S/T EX US $14.99 [0 bids]
JACK TEAGARDEN "ORIGINAL DIXIELAND" 1978 EVEREST RECORDS ARCHIVE OF FOLK US $12.99 [0 bids]
CHAMPION JACK DUPREE 1968 EVEREST ARCHIVE OF FOLK MUSIC FS-217, STEREO NM US $16.99 [0 bids]
Audio Archive Classics: Tchaikovsky - Symphony No. 6 (CD, Mar-2005, Media Tag) US $4.99 Buy It Now 8h 43m
Charlie Parker - Self Titled Album on Archive of Folk Music Records SHRINK WRAP US $16.99 Buy It Now 8h 51m
The MOON PIERROT - "WHISPERS & SHADOWS" - Archive Album CD 1992 US $16.99 Buy It Now 8h 51m
HARRY AND JEANIE WEST Archive Of Folk Music LP Everest EVFS 208 stereo album US $4.99 Buy It Now 8h 53m
CISCO HOUSTON Archive Of Folk Music LP Everest FS 205 stereo vinyl record album US $4.79 Buy It Now 8h 53m
BLIND SONNY TERRY Archive Of Folk Music LP Everest FS 206 stereo record album US $7.79 Buy It Now 8h 54m
Bootleg Vinyl Archive, Vol. 2 by Killing Joke (3CD, Apr-2007) FREE SHIPPING US $9.98 Buy It Now 9h 2m
Brahms Audio Archive Classics Audio Music CD Classical NEW US $5.87 Buy It Now 9h 9m
BLIND SONNY TERRY s/t LP Folk Archive BLUES HARMONICA US $13.99 Buy It Now 9h 13m
BARBARA COOK * SONGS FROM THE HEART (CD, Nov-1997, Drive Archive) US $6.00 Buy It Now 9h 52m
Slim's Jam [Drive Archive] by Slim Gaillard (CD, Oct-1996, Drive Archive) US $6.99 Buy It Now 10h 13m
Archive from 1959: The Billy Childish Story Billy Childish CD US $21.78 Buy It Now 10h 27m
DEEP PURPLE Live in San Diego 1974 Official Archive Collection 6 track CD SEALED US $20.15 Buy It Now 10h 50m
DEEP PURPLE New Live & Rare Official Archive Collection 8 track CD SEALED US $26.88 Buy It Now 10h 50m
T-Rex, Bolan, Marc, Archive Audio CD US $7.49 Buy It Now 10h 52m
THE SPECIALS Archive Series vinyl LP unplayed US $29.99 Buy It Now 11h 8m
california blues archive series vol 3 Blues lp US $7.99 [0 bids]
AC/DC [Powerage] 2003 180g REM w/Archive Xtras M/M/M Still Sealed US $27.99 Buy It Now 13h 13m
AC/DC [Highway To Hell] 2003 180g REM w/Archive Xtras M/M/M Still Sealed US $27.99 Buy It Now 13h 13m
JOPLIN, Janis [Classic LP Collection]2012 4x180g #0441 w/Archive Xtras Sealed US $118.00 Buy It Now 13h 14m
HENDRIX, Jimi [West Coast Seattle Boy] 10 8x180g w/Archive Xtras Still Sealed US $130.00 Buy It Now 13h 14m
VELVET UNDERGROUND: Mgm (golden Archive Series) LP (180 gram reissue) Rock US $20.00 Buy It Now 13h 22m
George Frederick HANDEL - Concerti Grossi Op. 3 Insert 1959 ARCHIVE PRODUCTIONS US $8.00 Buy It Now 13h 31m
Modern Jazz Archive by McCoy Tyner (CD, Apr-2006, MS... US $15.05 Buy It Now 13h 39m
ROY ROGERS - HI HO SILVER (Digitally Enhanced Archive Recordings) NEW SEALED CD US $6.64 Buy It Now 14h 4m
Pete Seeger "Self-Titled" ARCHIVE OF FOLK MUSIC LP #FS-201 US $9.99 Buy It Now 15h 3m
SIDNEY BECHET: ULTRA RARE FRENCH IMPORT: ARCHIVE OF JAZZ VOL.2: NEAR MINT US $14.50 Buy It Now 15h 15m
Genesis Archive 1967-75 4 CD Box Set w/ Book Peter Gabriel 1998 US $19.91 [11 bids]
The California Ramblers: Edison Laterals 2 w/ Artwork Music CD digital archive! US $20.99 Buy It Now 17h 6m
IKE & TINA TURNER - THE ARCHIVE SERIES, VOLS. 1 & 2: HITS AND - NEW CD BOXSET US $12.97 Buy It Now 17h 23m
Archive - Very Good US $22.92 Buy It Now 17h 48m
Dubtribe Sound System - Archive Volume One 1991-1993 [OUT OF PRINT!!!] RARE US $24.98 Buy It Now 20h 17m

More places to buy ARCHIVE music online Buy ARCHIVE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARCHIVE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds ratings distribution

ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds reviews

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover and E&O Teams
1 stars This is bad, really bad. Sounds and form that ruined it all. Controlling Crowds sounds like worse, uglier and more dull brother of Gazpacho. Almost the only "better" thing here is the voice, vocals. But not too much, average I would say. This certainly isn't direction where I want modern prog to head, nor nothing I can enjoy. Deadly combination. For my final rating of course. It's not good, it's completely bad to use synths in this way, because overly electronic atmosphere ruins it all. Why ? So artificial, without "soul", like polished, cold ice, which however melts fast when confronted with critic eye of Marty. I can hear patterns and guess where they probably are. Tricks that should have worked, but they aren't, unfortunately. I don't like giving bad ratings, but hell, Quiet Time is even hip-hop, first track with annoying background, the only thing except average vocals is

1(+), cover art. Sad.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#260424) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Review by octopus-4
COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars A local radio passed Bullets acouple of times in two days and I've been lucky enough to catch the name of the band and the song's title. I looked immediately on PA as the song sounded totally progressive to my ears. A number of bands jumped to my mind, Tangerine Dream for the repetitive and hypnotic theme, King Crimson or Nurkostam (that I've recently discovered on PA) for the acid sadness, even late Pink Floyd but in the same time nothing to do with all of them.

The song was "Bullets" and luckily there is the official video on their PA page.

Now that I have bought the download and I am satisfied enough to have relistened to bullets so much time I have given attention to the rest of the album.

Looking at the band's history on PA I hardly believe that he band comes from the trip-hop. Just the electronics in their sound can make me think so, but they sound less drones than Senmuth.

Highlights? All the songs are good, even if I like less when they leave the darkness behind like on "Clones" that's also the only track that can sound trip-hop in some parts (but that's a good track as well).

The already mentioned "Bullets" is still my fav, but "Collapse/Collide" and the title track are at the same level, just a bit less intriguing.

I'm grown with Floyd, Yes, Renaissance, ELP and Tangerine Dream on the "relaxing" side and with Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Deep Purple and Zeppelin on the rock side so I'm very surprised of myself. How can I like an album on which there's are two rappers chattering like on "Bastardised Ink"? Probably because after all they are making music also there.

I took some time to understand and accept things like screaming and growling, sooner or later I'll understand talking, too.

Without the rap thing I would have rated this album the maximum, but I think that open minded proggers can tolerate some dark rapping in the middle of a good album, so I'm probably excessive but I give it 4 stars.

Dark electronics and hypnotic rhythms plus remarkably good vocalists.

If you don't believe me, look at the video on PA and let me know.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#510267) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 27, 2011

4 stars I honestly can`t belive why such a great band as Archive gets so little attention here at PA... Is it because of their trip-hop roots? Let's leave that for now and take a look at this fine album here. The major change on this one is that this album is more trpi-hop oriented than the three previou ... (read more)

Report this review (#264824) | Posted by Wolf Spider | Sunday, February 07, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This new release by Archive surprised me positively. Let me explain why. After the last studio album, Lights, I had the feeling that Archive was finished, despite liking the album and especially the title track. But because of this feeling I never expected a new album. So first point goes to Ar ... (read more)

Report this review (#222922) | Posted by BackToBruijn | Wednesday, June 24, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARCHIVE "Controlling Crowds"