CONTROLLING CROWDS

Archive Controlling Crowds album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy ARCHIVE Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. Controlling Crowds (10:01)
2. Bullets (3:53)
3. Words On Signs (3:59)
4. Dangervisit (7:37)
5. Quiet Time (5:53)
6. Collapse/Collide (9:12)
7. Clones (5:00)
8. Bastardised Ink (3:34)
9. Kings of Speed (4:22)
10. Whore (4:15)
11. Chaos (5:28)
12. Rased to the Ground (5:22)
13. Funeral (7:19)

Bonus disc (Limited Edition)
1. Killing All Movements (6:15)
2. Children They Feed (3:00)
3. Day That You Go (3:46)
4. Neatly Folded (3:14)

Search ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds lyrics

Search ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds tabs

- Danny Griffiths / sound effects, keyboards, programming
- Darius Keeler / keyboards, choral arrangments, orchestral arrangments, programming, engineering
- Pollard Berrier /vocals, guitar, keyboards, sound effects, choral arrangments, orchestral arrangments
- Dave Pen / vocals, guitar, keyboards
- Maria Q / vocals
- Rosko John / vocals
- Steve Harris / guitar
- Smiley / drums
- Jonathan Noyce / bass, moog bass
- Graham Preskett / choral arrangments, orchestral arrangments, additional piano
- Pete Barraclough / guitar, engineering
- Steve Davis / bass
- Ella Cook / backing vocals
- Eltham Choral Society / choir
- Regional Orchestra of Cannes Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur / orchestra
- Philippe Bender / orchestras artistic director
- Jerome Devoise / engineering
- Hello Charlie / artwork, video

Limited edition includes bonus disc with 4 tracks and a video for Bullets.

Thanks to epistan for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

ARCHIVE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Again You All Look The Same To Me, 2002

LondiniumLondinium
Universal I.S. 1997
Controlling CrowdsControlling Crowds
101 DISTRIBUTION 2009
Controlling Crowds: The Complete Edition Part I-IVControlling Crowds: The Complete Edition Part I-IV
Imports 2009
Official Grammy Awards Archive Collection US $15.00 [0 bids]
29m 59s
ST. PETERSBURG ARCHIVE - FOUR HAND PIANO / SANDLER, LAUL - NEW CD US $14.72 Buy It Now 51m 49s
PRIORY LP ARCHIVE SERIES VOL 4 / BOWERS-BROADBENT - NEW CD BOXSET US $15.80 Buy It Now 52m 2s
LISZT NM- Josef Hofmann & Ignace Jan Paderewski X-916 Everest Archive album US $22.95 Buy It Now 52m 23s
Cardiacs ?Archive Cardiacs cd US $59.99 Buy It Now 53m 11s
PRIORY LP ARCHIVE SERIES VOL 3 / ARCHER, GOULD, ET AL - NEW CD US $14.72 Buy It Now 55m 2s
PRIORY LP ARCHIVE SERIES VOL 5 / BOWERS-BROADBENT, WINTER - NEW CD BOXSET US $29.92 Buy It Now 58m 6s
Archive by Stray Cats (CD, Mar-1997, Rialto (USA)) US $2.50 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Andres Segovia Archive: Complete Guitar Music - 7 DISC SET - (2013, CD New) 7 CD US $22.70 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Sarah Vaughan 3X LP You're Mine You, Michel Legrand, Everest Archive Series US $10.25 [0 bids]
RARE Archive Mannheim & Vienna ARC3121, 14621APM US $35.00 Buy It Now 1h 40m
PRIORY LP ARCHIVE SERIES VOL 2 - NEW CD US $14.72 Buy It Now 2h 34m
LP ARCHIVE SERIES VOL 1 / DAVID HILL, JOHN PORTER - NEW CD BOXSET US $29.92 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Royal Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra Archive Recordings CD Boxset RARE US $201.87 Buy It Now 2h 42m
The Doors. Light My Fire. Archive Of Pop-Music No1. Melodiya, 1988. Russia, USSR US $19.00 [0 bids]
? ARCHIVE PRODUCTION - BACH JESU DER DU MEINE SEELE / MAGNIFICAT IN D MAJOR LP US $2.99 [0 bids]
? BILLIE HOLIDAY - VOLUME II LP ARCHIVE OF FOLK & JAZZ FS-310 US $3.99 [0 bids]
? SARAH VAUGHAN - S/T SELF TITLED LP ARCHIVE OF FOLK & JAZZ FS-250 US $3.99 [0 bids]
Time After Time [Drive Archive] by Sarah Vaughan (CD, Jan-1994, Drive Archive) US $0.99 [0 bids]
DGG ARCHIVE ARC 73163 WORKS OF BACH SERIES E: SONGS & ARIAS LP 198663 SAPM US $21.24 Buy It Now 3h 49m
DGG ARCHIVE ARC 3063 WORKS OF BACH SERIES A: CANTATAS LEHMANN LP 14079 APM US $21.24 Buy It Now 3h 50m
Andres Segovia Archive - Andres Segovia Archive: Complete Guitar Music [CD New] US $25.56 Buy It Now 4h 19m
German Baroque Music (LP) Buxtehude Archive ARC 3108 NM/EX US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 20m
LOT: Bix Beiderbecke Ladd's Black Aces Early Dixieland Bands LP Archive of Jazz US $3.01 Buy It Now 4h 25m
ARCHIVE PRODUCTION-AN INTRO.TO THE MOST AUTHORITATIVE HISTORY OF MUSIC RECORDS US $1.99 [0 bids]
Jimmy Smith - Golden Archive Series lp US $6.99 Buy It Now 4h 48m
1914 HALLE ORCHESTRA RARE ORIGIN ARCHIVE PROGRAMMES, PERFORMANCE NOTES US $218.69 Buy It Now 5h 16m
Sprigs of Time: 78s from the EMI Archive Various Artists CD US $14.44 Buy It Now 5h 35m
Archive - Londinium (1997) CD NEW SPEEDYPOST US $11.69 Buy It Now 5h 52m
ARCHIVE Mannheim & Vienna ARC 73199 German 1962 NM US $45.00 Buy It Now 5h 59m
I Am Thin and Gorgeous [Single] by Junior Vasquez (CD, Mar-1997, Drive Archive) US $4.00 Buy It Now 6h 47m
Reissue 45 NORMA LEWIS Maybe This Time on Shag Archive US $5.00 Buy It Now 8h 6m
Reissue 45 TONY MIDDLETON Sweet Baby Of Mine on Shag Archive US $5.00 Buy It Now 8h 6m
Reissue 45 IVORY JOE HUNTER I Want Somebody on Shag Archive US $5.00 Buy It Now 8h 11m
Count Basie - At The Savoy Ballroom / Archive Of Folk & Jazz Music - FS 318 US $7.00 [0 bids]
Good Vibes by Red Norvo (CD, Nov-1997, 2 Discs, Drive Archive) US $2.38 Buy It Now 9h 4m
Muggsy Spanier- Muggsy Spanier / Archive Of Folk & Jazz Music - FS 226 US $7.00 [0 bids]
(563I) Grammatics, The Vague Archive - DJ CD US $5.80 Buy It Now 10h 17m
RALPH KIRKPATRICK BACH PARTITA NO. 5 & NO. 6 ARCHIVE ARC 73131 RED STEREO US $6.99 [0 bids]
RALPH KIRKPATRICK BACH PARTITA NO. 3 & NO. 4 ARCHIVE ARC 73130 RED STEREO US $5.99 [0 bids]
RALPH KIRKPATRICK BACH PARTITA NO. 1 & NO. 2 ARCHIVE ARC 73128 RED STEREO US $5.99 [0 bids]
LLOYD PRICE - Self Titled Soul *Archive Records* LP US $4.95 Buy It Now 10h 49m
SIDNEY BECHET Archive Of Jazz Volume 14 529 064 JAZZ LP m0281 US $5.99 [0 bids]
Ian And Sylvia Golden Archive Series LP Near Mint Vinyl US $8.00 Buy It Now 11h 11m
RAVEL PLAYS RAVEL (ARCHIVE OF PIANO MUSIC) US $10.00 Buy It Now 11h 21m
CD-Blue Mink Archive 60's/70's UK Glam Pop US $8.99 [0 bids]
Genesis: 4 CD Archive 1967-1975 Box w/Japan Booklet(peter gabriel not mini-lp Q US $103.50 Buy It Now 11h 33m
DRAMA WAR 14 CARLIN ARCHIVE SERIES RARE LIBRARY SOUNDS MUSIC 2 CD SET US $8.73 Buy It Now 12h 39m
CITY LIFE MARCH MANDS CARLIN ARCHIVE SERIES RARE LIBRARY SOUNDS MUSIC 2 CD SET US $8.73 Buy It Now 12h 39m
Jack Teagarden Pee Wee Russell 'Archive of Jazz Vol.16" Record Album BYG 529066 US $5.00 [0 bids]
DRAMA MILITARY SWASHBUCKLING CARLIN ARCHIVE SERIES RARE LIBRARY SOUNDS 2 CD SET US $8.73 Buy It Now 12h 42m
BARBER SHOP HAWAWII SPIRITUAL CARLIN ARCHIVE SERIES RARE LIBRARY SOUNDS 2 CD SET US $8.73 Buy It Now 12h 44m
TENNESSEE ERNIE FORD--Self Titled Album--RARE Issue In Stereo--Archive Issue US $4.95 [0 bids]
Lot of 23 DGG Archive LP's German Presses Bach Handel Vivaldi Baroque Settecento US $79.99 Buy It Now 12h 47m
EDUARD MELKUS / L. Mozart Peasant Wedding / Archive Stereo 2533 328 US $7.99 [0 bids]
EDUARD MELKUS / Classical Period Viennese Dance Music / Archive Stereo 2533 182 US $7.99 [0 bids]
EDUARD MELKUS / Biedermeier Period Viennese Dance Music/ Archive Stereo 2533 134 US $7.99 [0 bids]
EDUARD MELKUS / Rococo Dance Music / Archive Stereo 2533 303 US $7.99 [0 bids]
EDUARD MELKUS / Polish and Hanakian Folk Music / Archive Stereo SAPM 198 467 US $14.99 [0 bids]
KARL RICHTER / Bach Cantatas / Archive Stereo SAPM 198 465 US $12.99 [0 bids]
KARL RICHTER / Bach Overture No.2 & 3 / Archive Stereo SAPM 198 272 US $12.99 [0 bids]
CHARLES MACKERRAS / Purcell Ode on St.Cecilia's Day/ Archive Stereo 2533 042 WLP US $14.99 [0 bids]
HANS STADMAIR / Vivaldi Concertos for Wind Instruments / Archive Stereo 2533 044 US $12.99 [0 bids]
AUGUST WENZINGER / Telemann Water Music / Archive Stereo SAPM 198 198 US $12.99 [0 bids]
LEISTER-BOETTCHER-BESCH / Beethoven Trio Op.38 / Archive Stereo 2533 118 US $9.99 [0 bids]
DIETRICH KNOTHE / Lieder and Dances from Germany / Archive Stereo 2533 066 US $7.99 [0 bids]
LP Pete Seeger, Archive of Folk music, Everest FS-201 US $8.76 Buy It Now 13h 47m
BIX BEIDERBECKE-MT1978LP EVEREST ARCHIVE OF FOLK & JAZZ US $8.99 Buy It Now 14h 16m
BIG JOE WILLIAMS (self titled)-NM1968?LP Archive of Folk Music US $10.85 Buy It Now 14h 46m
Oscar Brand and Jean Ritchie LP NM FS207 1967 shrink Archive of Folk Music US $14.99 Buy It Now 15h 46m
BIX BEIDERBECKE-NM1978LP EVEREST ARCHIVE OF FOLK & JAZZ US $10.20 Buy It Now 15h 58m
Steve Hackett - Live Archive NEARFEST (Signed by S. Hackett) RARE US $90.00 [9 bids]
16h
RHINO GOLDEN ARCHIVE Garage Rock & Roll Compilation LP THE STANDELLS US $19.99 Buy It Now 16h 7m
THE TRASHMEN - WELL, ALL RIGHT + 3 - GET HIP / ARCHIVE SERIES - 7" EP - 1994 US $12.95 [0 bids]
STRUGGLE - DESTRUCTION / SHOW I THE WAY - RANKING BARNABAS 10" ARCHIVE ?? US $12.99 Buy It Now 16h 28m
SALE ARCHIVE CD "JOSEPHINE BAKER 1930-37":15 TRACKS : VG+ US $4.68 Buy It Now 16h 43m
US import STEVE ROACH VIDNA OBMANA Spirit Dome Live Archive 2-CD 2009 NEW sealed US $16.98 Buy It Now 18h 2m
L.A. Hardcore, Vol 1 (CD, Mar-1994, Drive Archive) US $0.99 Buy It Now 18h 16m
E Jochum - Beethoven, s.1. LP Archive rec MELODIYA US $12.99 Buy It Now 18h 23m
Steve Winwood Roll With It ARCHIVE MASTER 1988 DMM Audiophile, STEAM CLEANED US $41.25 Buy It Now 23h 46m
Chicago XI TML 1977 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned! US $41.25 Buy It Now 23h 46m
DIANA ROSS THE FORCE BEHIND THE POWER LP ALBUM ARCHIVE QUALITY EMI - EMD 1023 US $25.22 Buy It Now 1 day
Department Of Eagles- Archive 2003 - 2006 - BELLACD248 US $6.07 Buy It Now 1 day
Huey Lewis Picture This ARCHIVE MASTER 1st 1982 Press, STEAM CLEANED, A+ SOUND US $37.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimmy Buffett Volcano 1979 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned! US $46.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Judas Priest Screaming for Vengeance 1982 1A 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER, STEAM CLN US $37.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Eric Clapton Behind the Sun 1985 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned US $41.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Aerosmith Get Your WIngs PROMO 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER, STEAM CLEANED, A+ US $48.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Tom Petty Pack up the Plantation LIVE ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned! US $45.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Lucifer's Friend Good Time Warrior 1st 1978 Press ARCHIVE MASTER Steam Cleaned US $37.50 Buy It Now 1 day
The Yardbirds Five Live Canada Nardem Press ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned US $48.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Abba Super Trouper ARCHIVE MASTER Audiophile, STEAM CLEANED, 1980 Disco Best! US $33.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Doobie Brothers Livin' on the Fault Line 1977 Press ARCHIVE MASTER+ULTRASONIC CN US $41.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Crosby, Stills and Nash Allies LIVE ARCHIVE MASTER, STEAM CLEANED,1983 Promo 1st US $37.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Crosby, Stills and Nash CSN ARCHIVE MASTER, STEAM CLEANED, 1977 Original US $37.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Doobie Brothers Farewell Tour 1983 1st PROMO Press ARCHIVE MASTER ULTRASONIC US $41.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Melissa Etheridge self-titled ARCHIVE MASTER Direct Metal Master, ULTRASONIC CLN US $33.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Uriah Heep The Magician's Birthday 1972 1st GK Press, ARCHIVE MASTER, ULTRASONIC US $48.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Cass Elliot and Dave Mason 1971 1st Press,ARCHIVE MASTER,STEAM CLEANED,A+ SOUND! US $45.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Bryan Ferry Roxy Music In Your Mind ARCHIVE MASTER 1st 1977 Press, STEAM CLEANED US $41.25 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy ARCHIVE music online Buy ARCHIVE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARCHIVE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds ratings distribution

ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds reviews

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover and E&O Teams
1 stars This is bad, really bad. Sounds and form that ruined it all. Controlling Crowds sounds like worse, uglier and more dull brother of Gazpacho. Almost the only "better" thing here is the voice, vocals. But not too much, average I would say. This certainly isn't direction where I want modern prog to head, nor nothing I can enjoy. Deadly combination. For my final rating of course. It's not good, it's completely bad to use synths in this way, because overly electronic atmosphere ruins it all. Why ? So artificial, without "soul", like polished, cold ice, which however melts fast when confronted with critic eye of Marty. I can hear patterns and guess where they probably are. Tricks that should have worked, but they aren't, unfortunately. I don't like giving bad ratings, but hell, Quiet Time is even hip-hop, first track with annoying background, the only thing except average vocals is

1(+), cover art. Sad.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#260424) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Review by octopus-4
COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars A local radio passed Bullets acouple of times in two days and I've been lucky enough to catch the name of the band and the song's title. I looked immediately on PA as the song sounded totally progressive to my ears. A number of bands jumped to my mind, Tangerine Dream for the repetitive and hypnotic theme, King Crimson or Nurkostam (that I've recently discovered on PA) for the acid sadness, even late Pink Floyd but in the same time nothing to do with all of them.

The song was "Bullets" and luckily there is the official video on their PA page.

Now that I have bought the download and I am satisfied enough to have relistened to bullets so much time I have given attention to the rest of the album.

Looking at the band's history on PA I hardly believe that he band comes from the trip-hop. Just the electronics in their sound can make me think so, but they sound less drones than Senmuth.

Highlights? All the songs are good, even if I like less when they leave the darkness behind like on "Clones" that's also the only track that can sound trip-hop in some parts (but that's a good track as well).

The already mentioned "Bullets" is still my fav, but "Collapse/Collide" and the title track are at the same level, just a bit less intriguing.

I'm grown with Floyd, Yes, Renaissance, ELP and Tangerine Dream on the "relaxing" side and with Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Deep Purple and Zeppelin on the rock side so I'm very surprised of myself. How can I like an album on which there's are two rappers chattering like on "Bastardised Ink"? Probably because after all they are making music also there.

I took some time to understand and accept things like screaming and growling, sooner or later I'll understand talking, too.

Without the rap thing I would have rated this album the maximum, but I think that open minded proggers can tolerate some dark rapping in the middle of a good album, so I'm probably excessive but I give it 4 stars.

Dark electronics and hypnotic rhythms plus remarkably good vocalists.

If you don't believe me, look at the video on PA and let me know.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#510267) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 27, 2011

4 stars I honestly can`t belive why such a great band as Archive gets so little attention here at PA... Is it because of their trip-hop roots? Let's leave that for now and take a look at this fine album here. The major change on this one is that this album is more trpi-hop oriented than the three previou ... (read more)

Report this review (#264824) | Posted by Wolf Spider | Sunday, February 07, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This new release by Archive surprised me positively. Let me explain why. After the last studio album, Lights, I had the feeling that Archive was finished, despite liking the album and especially the title track. But because of this feeling I never expected a new album. So first point goes to Ar ... (read more)

Report this review (#222922) | Posted by BackToBruijn | Wednesday, June 24, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARCHIVE "Controlling Crowds"