CONTROLLING CROWDS

Archive Controlling Crowds album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy ARCHIVE Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. Controlling Crowds (10:01)
2. Bullets (3:53)
3. Words On Signs (3:59)
4. Dangervisit (7:37)
5. Quiet Time (5:53)
6. Collapse/Collide (9:12)
7. Clones (5:00)
8. Bastardised Ink (3:34)
9. Kings of Speed (4:22)
10. Whore (4:15)
11. Chaos (5:28)
12. Rased to the Ground (5:22)
13. Funeral (7:19)

Bonus disc (Limited Edition)
1. Killing All Movements (6:15)
2. Children They Feed (3:00)
3. Day That You Go (3:46)
4. Neatly Folded (3:14)

Search ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds lyrics

Search ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds tabs

- Danny Griffiths / sound effects, keyboards, programming
- Darius Keeler / keyboards, choral arrangments, orchestral arrangments, programming, engineering
- Pollard Berrier /vocals, guitar, keyboards, sound effects, choral arrangments, orchestral arrangments
- Dave Pen / vocals, guitar, keyboards
- Maria Q / vocals
- Rosko John / vocals
- Steve Harris / guitar
- Smiley / drums
- Jonathan Noyce / bass, moog bass
- Graham Preskett / choral arrangments, orchestral arrangments, additional piano
- Pete Barraclough / guitar, engineering
- Steve Davis / bass
- Ella Cook / backing vocals
- Eltham Choral Society / choir
- Regional Orchestra of Cannes Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur / orchestra
- Philippe Bender / orchestras artistic director
- Jerome Devoise / engineering
- Hello Charlie / artwork, video

Limited edition includes bonus disc with 4 tracks and a video for Bullets.

Thanks to epistan for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

ARCHIVE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Again You All Look The Same To Me, 2002

Buy ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds Music

LondiniumLondinium
Universal I.S. 1997
Barbara Acklin Love makes a woman - German PS 7 / 45 Archive copy Northern soul US $26.39 Buy It Now 35m 26s
Duane Eddy - Peter Gunn / Rebel Rouser - rare Dutch PS 7 / 45 Archive copy US $26.39 Buy It Now 48m 12s
Archie Bell & Drells - I can't stop dancing - German PS 7 / 45 Archive copy US $19.99 Buy It Now 50m
DJANGO REINHARDT - Django ~ EVEREST ARCHIVE SERIES 212 *** Mint Sealed *** NICE US $19.99 Buy It Now 52m 6s
James Brown & Famous Flames - Just plain funk - Germany PS 7 / 45 Archive copy US $23.99 Buy It Now 53m 27s
Oscar Brand and Jean Ritchie, Archive Of Folk Music 1980 Stereo LP US $3.99 [0 bids]
58m 22s
Tyrone Davis - Can I change my mind - Germany PS 7 / 45 Archive copy US $19.99 Buy It Now 59m 34s
SWAMP DOGG - Rat On! - Swamp Dogg Archive Series # 2 - Ltd ed of 250 RED Vinyl US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 11m
John Lee Hooker - The Essential Blue Archive: Too Much Boogie NEW CD US $10.24 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Eastman Brass Quintet-Eastman Brass Archive CD NEW US $17.97 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Ike & Tina Turner - The Archive Series Volume 6 - "rollin'" NEW CD US $15.47 Buy It Now 1h 35m
JOSHUA MOSES Rise Up 12" NEW VINYL Bristol Archive Dub Dancehall Scientist US $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 35m
JOSHUA MOSES Africa 12" NEW VINYL Bristol Archive Dub Dennis Bovell US $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 37m
MISSISSIPPI FRED McDOWELL Delta Blues 1969 Everest-Archive Of Folk LP FS-253 VG+ US $17.99 Buy It Now 1h 53m
ARCHIVE Axiom 2014 UK 7-track promo test DVD NTSC Region 0 US $8.10 [1 bids]
The Land of Nod - Archive:02 - U.K. 2 cd - RARE! US $8.97 Buy It Now 1h 59m
Ray Charles Volume II LP - Everest Records Archive Of Folk & Jazz Music FS 292 US $9.00 Buy It Now 2h 7m
LUCKEY ROBERTS - RAGTIME KING - Everest Archive of Folk & Jazz FS 304 - SEALED US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 40m
CC251) Process Archive Vol 1 - DJ CD US $9.91 Buy It Now 2h 42m
(AU383) Archive of Everything, Hello Children - DJ CD US $2.84 Buy It Now 2h 42m
RARE Archive Mannheim & Vienna DGG History NM,ARC 3150 MOZART US $20.00 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Jerry Lee Lewis FS298 Everest Records Archive of Folk & Jazz Music 1974 LP US $13.60 Buy It Now 3h 37m
BRAHMS/MAHLER ...MYK45503 .....ALTO RHAPSODY .....ARCHIVE COLLECTION... US $13.04 Buy It Now 3h 57m
Christmas Classics Golden Archive Series Rhino Holiday CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 4h 3m
Blues For Collectors British Archive Series Volume 2 RCA Record LSP-4455 1971 LP US $13.60 Buy It Now 4h 3m
Def Leppard VHS TAPES Visualize, In the Round Live, Video Archive, Historia US $12.99 [0 bids]
Music Berlin Phonogramm-Archive 1900-2000 [Box Set] by Various Artists (CD,... US $32.00 Buy It Now 4h 22m
Sonny Terry Archive of Folk Music Everest Records FS-206 LP US $10.20 Buy It Now 4h 38m
THE STONEMANS "Golden Archive Series" LP DISC JOCKEY COPY Yellow Label PROMO EX US $9.99 [0 bids]
5h
Billie Holiday CD from Japan, SEALED, Everest Archive of Folk & Jazz US $12.00 Buy It Now 5h 10m
L.A. Hardcore, Vol. 1 by Various Artists (CD, Mar-1994, Drive Archive) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Duke Ellington CD imported from Japan, SEALED, Everest Archive of Jazz US $12.00 Buy It Now 5h 16m
Steve Roach, Vidna Obmana ?- Live Archive * Grassow * Oophoi * Wiese * Very Rare US $59.00 [0 bids]
The Ultimate Jazz archive/36 Big Bands/4 cds/FACTORY SEALED/Vg+++ US $10.32 Buy It Now 5h 26m
Feeding off the Mojo by Night Ranger (CD, Oct-1995, Drive Archive) US $15.99 Buy It Now 5h 38m
Connie Francis Mint Vinyl Promo LP(196?)-Golden Archive Series US $15.00 Buy It Now 5h 55m
Wings Over America Paul McCartney Archive Collection 3CD Exclusive Bonus Disc US $29.99 [0 bids]
ARCHIVE COPY! Japan Ltd. edition PICTURE DISC w/ OBI! THE BEATLES "Timeles II" US $100.00 [0 bids]
7h
ARCHIVE COPY!! Japan Ltd. edition PICTURE DISC w/ OBI! THE BEATLES "Timeles" US $75.00 [0 bids]
7h
PRISTINE ARCHIVE COPY!! Japan Limited Edition with OBI!! Nirvana "Nevermind" US $85.00 [0 bids]
7h
PRISTINE ARCHIVE COPY!! Japan original pressing with OBI!! Led Zeppelin "CODA" US $65.00 [0 bids]
Longstone - Archive: 03 (NEW CD) US $16.23 Buy It Now 7h 46m
1976 Early R&B ROCK N ROLL Chuck Berry Greatest Hits EVEREST ARCHIVE Label @ US $2.00 [0 bids]
MUSIC of CHRISTMAS by an ORCHESTRA of ANGELS (CD, Sep-1999, Drive Archive) NEW US $2.57 Buy It Now 9h 39m
Works of J.S.Bach, 6 English Suites, part 3, Ralph Kirkpatrick, German Archive US $5.99 Buy It Now 9h 50m
SALE ARCHIVE CD "JOSEPHINE BAKER 1930-37":15 TRACKS : VG+ US $4.01 [0 bids]
10h
DEPARTMENT OF EAGLES - Archive: 2003-2006 - CD US $19.08 Buy It Now 12h 40m
WE NEED SECRETS - MELANCHOLY & THE ARCHIVE NEW CD US $20.15 Buy It Now 12h 41m
* Nothin' But The Blue CD - Drive Archive - Free Postage & Packaging! US $9.66 Buy It Now 13h 48m
PRAETORIUS Collegium Terpsichore RENAISSANCE DANCES ARCHIVE RED STEREO LP TAS Ex US $24.99 Buy It Now 14h 3m
AXIOM - THE AXIOM ARCHIVE 1969-1971 - NEW CD US $19.70 Buy It Now 14h 34m
ARCHIVE PRODUCTION 3 LPS JS BACH OVERTURES AND SYMPHONIES CANTATAS US $7.99 [0 bids]
DENIZO/ALEX W - Detroit Techno Archive III - 12" US $15.58 Buy It Now 16h 4m
ROMANCE EMOTIONAL DRAMA Carlin Archive Ser CAS 2 Harry Bluestone Emil Cadkin 2CD US $6.98 Buy It Now 16h 30m
Handel (10" Vinyl)Music For The Royal Fireworks-Archive-AP 13012-UK-VG/NM US $19.29 Buy It Now 16h 49m
Doobie Brothers Livin' on the Fault Line 1977 PROMO Archive Master, ULTRASONIC US $42.90 Buy It Now 16h 58m
Carole King Music ARCHIVE MASTER, STEAM CLEANED, A+ SOUND! Ode 1971 US $31.20 Buy It Now 16h 58m
Elvis Presley A Legendary Performer Vol 1 ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned US $42.90 Buy It Now 16h 59m
Sly & The Family Stone Life ARCHIVE MASTER Audiophile Press, 180g, Steam Cleaned US $35.10 Buy It Now 16h 59m
Elvis Presley Worldwide Gold Award Hits 1 & 2 ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned US $42.90 Buy It Now 16h 59m
The Doobie Brothers Takin' it to the Streets ARCHIVE MASTER W1 Press, STEAM CLND US $42.90 Buy It Now 16h 59m
The Yardbirds 20 Greatest Hits German ARCHIVE MASTER Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED US $42.90 Buy It Now 16h 59m
Bach(Vinyl LP)Ouverture Nr.2 & 3-Archive-198 272-Italy-VG+/NM US $21.99 Buy It Now 17h 6m
Scarlatti(Vinyl LP Trifold)Sonaten Fur Cembalo-Archive-2533 072-Germany-VG+/NM US $21.99 Buy It Now 17h 6m
Bach (Vinyl LP Trifold)Ein Feste Burg Ist Unser Gott-Archive-198 407-Germany-VG/ US $13.99 Buy It Now 17h 6m
Corelli(Vinyl LP Gatefold)Violin Sonatas-Archive-2533 133-UK-VG+/NM US $21.99 Buy It Now 17h 6m
Bach(Vinyl LP Trifold)Toccata Und Fuge-Archive-SAPM 1983046-Germany-VG/NM US $21.99 Buy It Now 17h 6m
Handel(Vinyl LP Trifold)Quattro Concerti Per L'Orango-Archive-198 393-Germany-VG US $21.99 Buy It Now 17h 6m
Mendelssohn(Vinyl LP Gatefold)Symphonie Nr.8-Archive-2533 311-Germany-VG+/NM US $21.99 Buy It Now 17h 6m
Bach(Vinyl LP)Cantatas No's 80 & 140-Archive-2547 024-UK-VG+/NM US $18.99 Buy It Now 17h 14m
Pachelbel(Vinyl LP Gatefold)Canon & Gigue-Archive-415 518 1-Germany-Ex+/NM US $20.99 Buy It Now 17h 14m
Bach (Vinyl LP)Harpsichord Concertos-Archive-2547 010-UK-VG+/NM US $18.99 Buy It Now 17h 15m
Archive - With Us Until You're Dead (NEW CD) US $15.01 Buy It Now 17h 17m
Van Halen II German Audiophile 1st 1979 Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $58.50 Buy It Now 17h 19m
Black Sabbath Live at Last NEMS UK Ozzy 1st ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $50.70 Buy It Now 17h 19m
Philip Glass Dancepieces 1987 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $27.30 Buy It Now 17h 19m
Dave Grusin NY/LA Dream Band ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Cleaned, A+ SOUND US $31.20 Buy It Now 17h 19m
Oregon Distant Hills MFSL JVC Super Vinyl ARCHIVE MASTER ULTRASONIC Clean US $54.60 Buy It Now 17h 19m
Beatles Revolver Apple Label Analog ST-2576 ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $58.50 Buy It Now 17h 19m
Janis Joplin Big Brother Cheaper Thrills Audiophile ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic US $50.70 Buy It Now 17h 19m
Pat Metheny Wichita 1981 German Audiophile ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $42.90 Buy It Now 17h 19m
Led Zeppelin Presence 1976 SHRINK WRAP 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $85.80 Buy It Now 17h 19m
Jacques Offenbach German Digital CLASSICAL ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic 2532 006 US $19.50 Buy It Now 17h 19m
Philip Glass Music in Twelve Parts 1&2 Italian ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $35.10 Buy It Now 17h 19m
Marshall Crenshaw Downtown 1985 SR1 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $35.10 Buy It Now 17h 19m
Philip Glass The Photographer PROMO 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $35.10 Buy It Now 17h 19m
Faces Snakes and Ladders 1976 PROMO 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $46.80 Buy It Now 17h 19m
Super Session Mike Bloomfield, Stephen Stills ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Cleaned US $42.90 Buy It Now 17h 19m
Edgar Winter Shock Treatment 1974 PROMO Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $42.90 Buy It Now 17h 19m
Cal Tjader Best of Verve VS-8725 1st 1967 Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $35.10 Buy It Now 17h 19m
Fritz Reiner Also Sprach MFSL JVC Super Vinyl ARCHIVE MASTER ULTRASONIC Clean US $62.40 Buy It Now 17h 19m
Black Sabbath Master of Reality NEMS UK Ozzy ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $58.50 Buy It Now 17h 19m
Van Halen Women and Children First 1980 1st Prs ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $46.80 Buy It Now 17h 19m
Dr John I Been Hooded Edsel UK ED 128 ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $39.00 Buy It Now 17h 19m
Blue Oyster Cult Secret Treaties 1974 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $42.90 Buy It Now 17h 19m
AC/DC Dirty Deeds RARE New Zealand 1976 1st ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Cleaned US $136.50 Buy It Now 17h 19m
Pat Metheny New Chautauqua 1979 ECM 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Cleaned US $35.10 Buy It Now 17h 19m
The Doors Morrison Hotel Red Label Original Mix ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $46.80 Buy It Now 17h 19m
Pat Metheny American Garage 1979 QUIEX Audiophile ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clnd US $35.10 Buy It Now 17h 19m
Doors The Soft Parade 1976 Butterfly Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $42.90 Buy It Now 17h 19m

More places to buy ARCHIVE music online Buy ARCHIVE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARCHIVE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds ratings distribution

ARCHIVE Controlling Crowds reviews

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
1 stars This is bad, really bad. Sounds and form that ruined it all. Controlling Crowds sounds like worse, uglier and more dull brother of Gazpacho. Almost the only "better" thing here is the voice, vocals. But not too much, average I would say. This certainly isn't direction where I want modern prog to head, nor nothing I can enjoy. Deadly combination. For my final rating of course. It's not good, it's completely bad to use synths in this way, because overly electronic atmosphere ruins it all. Why ? So artificial, without "soul", like polished, cold ice, which however melts fast when confronted with critic eye of Marty. I can hear patterns and guess where they probably are. Tricks that should have worked, but they aren't, unfortunately. I don't like giving bad ratings, but hell, Quiet Time is even hip-hop, first track with annoying background, the only thing except average vocals is

1(+), cover art. Sad.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#260424) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars A local radio passed Bullets acouple of times in two days and I've been lucky enough to catch the name of the band and the song's title. I looked immediately on PA as the song sounded totally progressive to my ears. A number of bands jumped to my mind, Tangerine Dream for the repetitive and hypnotic theme, King Crimson or Nurkostam (that I've recently discovered on PA) for the acid sadness, even late Pink Floyd but in the same time nothing to do with all of them.

The song was "Bullets" and luckily there is the official video on their PA page.

Now that I have bought the download and I am satisfied enough to have relistened to bullets so much time I have given attention to the rest of the album.

Looking at the band's history on PA I hardly believe that he band comes from the trip-hop. Just the electronics in their sound can make me think so, but they sound less drones than Senmuth.

Highlights? All the songs are good, even if I like less when they leave the darkness behind like on "Clones" that's also the only track that can sound trip-hop in some parts (but that's a good track as well).

The already mentioned "Bullets" is still my fav, but "Collapse/Collide" and the title track are at the same level, just a bit less intriguing.

I'm grown with Floyd, Yes, Renaissance, ELP and Tangerine Dream on the "relaxing" side and with Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Deep Purple and Zeppelin on the rock side so I'm very surprised of myself. How can I like an album on which there's are two rappers chattering like on "Bastardised Ink"? Probably because after all they are making music also there.

I took some time to understand and accept things like screaming and growling, sooner or later I'll understand talking, too.

Without the rap thing I would have rated this album the maximum, but I think that open minded proggers can tolerate some dark rapping in the middle of a good album, so I'm probably excessive but I give it 4 stars.

Dark electronics and hypnotic rhythms plus remarkably good vocalists.

If you don't believe me, look at the video on PA and let me know.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#510267) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 27, 2011

4 stars I honestly can`t belive why such a great band as Archive gets so little attention here at PA... Is it because of their trip-hop roots? Let's leave that for now and take a look at this fine album here. The major change on this one is that this album is more trpi-hop oriented than the three previou ... (read more)

Report this review (#264824) | Posted by Wolf Spider | Sunday, February 07, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This new release by Archive surprised me positively. Let me explain why. After the last studio album, Lights, I had the feeling that Archive was finished, despite liking the album and especially the title track. But because of this feeling I never expected a new album. So first point goes to Ar ... (read more)

Report this review (#222922) | Posted by BackToBruijn | Wednesday, June 24, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARCHIVE "Controlling Crowds"