JUMP

Magical Power Mako Jump album cover

Buy MAGICAL POWER MAKO Music
Studio Album, released in 1977

1. Jump to You (5:45)
2. The Story Of Our Master (4:59)
3. Give Me Present (3:09)
4. Rest Light Down (2:04)
5. So (2:10)
6. Blue Wind (2:08)
7. Elephant's Jungle (4:47)
8. Jump (8:25)
9. 21st Ocean (2:35)

Search MAGICAL POWER MAKO Jump lyrics

Search MAGICAL POWER MAKO Jump tabs

- Mako / piano, guitar, vocal, percussion, indian drum, harpsichord, scat, synthesizer, sitar
- Takami / drums
- Chris / flute, indian speak
- Various friends / percussion

Hagakure ISCP-1143

Thanks to DamoXt7942 for the addition

MAGICAL POWER MAKO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MAGICAL POWER MAKO Jump Music

MAGICAL POWER MAKO Music From Heaven CD US $5.50 [0 bids]
Blue Dot by Magical Power Mako (Belle Antique) US $31.00 Buy It Now 16h 42m
MAGICAL POWER MAKO - LOW POP DIAMONDS - NEW CD US $10.71 Buy It Now 20h 31m
Magical Power Mako: Trance Resonance (Belle Antique CD) US $14.46 [0 bids]
Magical Power Mako: Hapmoniym 1972-1975 (5xCD, box, MIO records, 318 of 500) US $69.14 [0 bids]
Magical Power Mako MAGICAL POWER Japan LP w/OBI US $399.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Magical Power Mako SUPER RECORD Japan LP w/OBI US $199.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MAGICAL POWER MAKO - Hapmoniym 1972 - 1975. 5CD Box - new + sealed US $1.59 [1 bids]
MAGICAL POWER MAKO - Hapmoniym 1972 - 1975. 5 X CD Box US $1.59 [0 bids]
MAGICAL POWER MAKO - SUPER RECORD - NEW / SEALED US $9.28 Buy It Now 6 days
MAGICAL POWER MAKO HAPPY EARTH CONRAD SCHNITZLER US $7.07 [0 bids]
MAGICAL POWER MAKO NEXT MILLENNIUM VIBRATIONS CONRAD SCHNITZLER US $7.07 [0 bids]
MAGICAL POWER MAKO TRANCE RESONANCE 1994 CD W/OBI ZOVIET FRANCE US $7.07 [0 bids]
MAGICAL POWER MAKO - SUPER RECORD (New & Sealed) Psych Prog Rock CD US $6.42 Buy It Now 7 days
MAGICAL POWER MAKO - LO POP DIAMONDS - ALP101 US $20.23 Buy It Now 9 days
Magical Power Mako - Lo Pop Diamonds [CD New] US $13.72 Buy It Now 9 days
?MAGICAL POWER MAKO '81 music from heaven 7" FLEXI japan experimental psych prog US $39.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Magical Power Mako - Super Record [CD New] US $15.94 Buy It Now 15 days
MAGICAL POWER MAKO - HAPMONIYM - 5 CD BOX SET US $34.16 Buy It Now 15 days
MAGICAL POWER MAKO - SUPER RECORD NEW CD US $23.21 Buy It Now 15 days
MAGICAL POWER MAKO - Super Record CD (NEW LTD ED) Japan 70s Psych/Avant Garde US $6.42 Buy It Now 16 days
MAGICAL POWER MAKO - HAPMONIYM 1972-1975 5CD Japanese PROG SPACE ROCK Sealed! US $16.07 Buy It Now 16 days
MAGICAL POWER MAKO - Super Record. Ltd Edtn Numbered CD US $16.07 Buy It Now 16 days
MAGICAL POWER MAKO - SUPER RECORD [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $17.74 Buy It Now 18 days
Magical Power Mako - Super Record CD US $20.75 Buy It Now 19 days
MAGICAL POWER MAKO - HAPMONIYM - (still sealed limited 5x cd box set) - No ;362 US $24.11 Buy It Now 19 days
MAGICAL POWER MAKO - Hapmoniym 1972 - 1975. 5 X CD Box US $41.80 Buy It Now 19 days
MAGICAL POWER MAKO - Music From Heaven - CD & obi (Japanese) US $48.23 Buy It Now 20 days
MAGICAL POWER MAKO SUPER RECORD / PSYCH US $169.99 Buy It Now 20 days
MAGICAL POWER MAKO WELCOME TO THE EARTH / WITH OBI US $69.99 Buy It Now 24 days
MAGICAL POWER MAKO Super Record LP/1975 Japan/Folk/Psychedelic US $30.99 Buy It Now 27 days
Magical Power Mako Hapmoniym 1972-1975 NEW 2011 5CD BOX US $79.85 Buy It Now 28 days
MAGICAL POWER MAKO - Magic (1998) - CD & obi (Japanese) US $51.45 Buy It Now 28 days
MAGICAL POWER MAKO - SUPER RECORD - NEW / SEALED US $17.75 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy MAGICAL POWER MAKO music online Buy MAGICAL POWER MAKO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MAGICAL POWER MAKO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MAGICAL POWER MAKO Jump ratings distribution

MAGICAL POWER MAKO Jump reviews

Review by DamoXt7942
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Moderator / Psych Team
4 stars What happened? Why did Mako play definite rock and roll music?

If you have already listened to his first and second albums, I suggest you'll wonder why. You bet...as strictly mentioned, this album is not as experimental as the previous ones. Consider we can explain this project as Magical Rocker Mako and his friends. How do you think? :-)

Without any complaints listen to it, believe me. From the first track Jump To You you will be driven rollin'. This type of sound is what Mako has not shot previously and in my humble opinion he might want to play seriously rock-oriented music. His support members, especially Shoji Watanabe and Keiichi Nishina, could get so massively active and let Mako's identity be exploded positively. Even an experimentally percussive stuff The Story Of Our Master is not only percussive but has heavy bass and rigid drum sounds in its latter half. And exactly Give Me Present! Pleasant and funky rhythm and sound thanks for your present, Mako! :-) A streamingly quiet song Rest Light Down, and So with wonderful linger...A-side of this work is chill!

Elephant's Jungle is the only experimental and avantgarde song in this album I think. Each instrument play a cry of an animal and the whole sound can hear as the atmosphere in the jungle. The masterpiece is Jump, the real rock and roll. 'Tsuki Wa Oboro Ni Kasokeki Yo'...how can I explain the paragraph? It's very difficult for me to show a Japanese mind. Fuzzy moon has got to be dimmer and dimmer...sorry. Anyway, loud guitar, funky voice and fantastic percussions can make us crazy. Dance and sing! Mako showed this style only here. Interesting one.

I'm sure this is a great rock album by Mako's project. Highly recommended.

Send comments to DamoXt7942 (BETA) | Report this review (#212241) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 23, 2009

Review by Ivan_Melgar_M
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Prog Specialist
4 stars I will admit that MAGICAL POWER MAKO is not for everybody, not even "jump", despite being his most accessible release, as a fact I only knew about this band by accident, because a friend received some albums from his brother and he forgot this one in my house (At least I believed that), the LP got mixed with my own records and only discovered it several years later when the guy was already married and living in USA. Only a couple years ago I found my friend in a reunion of the youth gang and told me he left "Jump" on purpose because he hated it and believed nobody would had paid him a dime in a country as Perú.

When I read DamoxT7492, was surprised with his opinion about "Jump" not being Prog, because even when I agree their first two releases are far more attractive for Avant or Electronic Prog fans, we can't deny the complexity and excellent musicianship of is third release

The album starts with "Jump to Me", a song that for the casual listener may seem mainstream "Rock & Roll", when listening carefully the dissonance between guitar, keys and bass it's obvious that this guys are really experimenting with incredibly complex arrangements.

I normally avoid the pure or almost pure percussion tracks, but in he case of "The story of our Master" I have made an exception, being that from the first instant, that almost military combination of voices and Japanese percussion is fascinating, many rappers could learn a couple of lessons about how you can almost talk during a song, but still make it interesting, and when about the third minute "Kid" joins with the distorted bass is simply delightful, specially when without advice the song links with "Give me Present" a track with a very simple lyric hat consists in the phrase "Give me Present"

I believe there's some sort of sarcasm directed towards "Revolution 9", being that the melody starts with a BEATLES reminiscence, but that's all we got in common, a nice keyboard and a wonderful and almost chaotic dissonance invade the atmosphere, simply brilliant.

What impresses me more about MGICAL POWER MAKO, is their capacity to move from one genre, style and/or mood to another, "Rest Light Down" is a soft melodic and jazzy interlude that prepares us for the almost martial "So", in which the excellent work with distorted guitar is simply impressive.

"Blue Wind" is the most melodic song, with an amazing guitar work, the are thrown one over the other, adding the Avant touch, again a short track preparing for"Elephant's Jungle", a longer but disappointing song in which each instrument resembles a different jungle animal, really tedious, only the final sitar sitar section saves the song partially.

Now, MAGICAL POWER MAKO are able to rock, and "Jump" leaves no doubt about this, as usual the apparently simple music is made more interesting with a weird choice of instruments and excellent arrangements.

The album is closed with the beautiful but short "21th Ocean", IMO the most beautiful song of the album with a strong Japanese side and a killer but trippy organ finale, excellent closer.

If it wasn't for "Elephant's Jungle", the rating job would had been harder, being that could had take me hours to decide between 4 or 5 stars, but being after this weird song , I have to go with solid stars that should be 4.5.

MAKO is one of the pioneers of Japanese Prog and I believe among the most original.

Send comments to Ivan_Melgar_M (BETA) | Report this review (#290366) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Post a review of MAGICAL POWER MAKO "Jump"