FUTURO ANTICO I

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Angelo Branduardi Futuro Antico I album cover

Buy ANGELO BRANDUARDI Music
Studio Album, released in 1994

1. A l'entrada del temps clar (2:35)
2. La redonda (3:14)
3. Loibere risen (3:28)
4. Los set goyts (3:17)
5. Once I Had a Sweetheart (3:47)
6. Saltarello, lamento di Tristano e Rotta (4:31)
7. Scarborough Fair (3:02)
8. Calenda Maia (2:54)
9. Comment qu' moi (3:26)
10. Edi beo thu, heven quene (2:41)
11. Imperayritz de la ciutat joyosa (3:57)
12. Gaudete e personent hodie [live from Concerto di Natale] (3:15)

Search ANGELO BRANDUARDI Futuro Antico I lyrics

Search ANGELO BRANDUARDI Futuro Antico I tabs

- Angelo Branduardi / vocals
- 'Chominciamento di gioia' Ensemble

Thanks to Prog-Brazil for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

ANGELO BRANDUARDI MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANGELO BRANDUARDI Futuro Antico I Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Best ofBest of
L'infinitamente PiccoloL'infinitamente Piccolo
EMI 2000
Alla Fiera Dell EstAlla Fiera Dell Est
Universal Italy 1985
His greatest hits (Club) / Vinyl record [Vinyl-LP]His greatest hits (Club) / Vinyl record [Vinyl-LP]
Vinyl$7.16 (used)
Universal Music CollectionUniversal Music Collection
Box set · Import
Universal Italy 2009

More places to buy ANGELO BRANDUARDI music online Buy ANGELO BRANDUARDI & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANGELO BRANDUARDI DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANGELO BRANDUARDI Futuro Antico I ratings distribution

ANGELO BRANDUARDI Futuro Antico I reviews

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars This is the first of a long series of albums called "Futuro Antico" (Ancient Future) that is a collection of leads and popular songs covering a large periond in history (since XII to XVIII century). I have found myself thinking to Anthony Phillips and his Private Parts and Pieces....nothing to do with this. The "Futuro Antico" series is a separate line of Branduardi's products, like the classical music line of Vitalij Kuprij that doesn't have anything to do with his normal metal production.

Well, on this first album Branduardi is mainly lending his name to the "Ensemble Chominciamento di Gioia", a band specialized in medieval music of which I own one album, "Peccatori e Santi" (Sinners and Saints) that's not too bad.

Angelo sings in several languages and I don't know which language is "A l'entrada del temps clar ", probably a medieval Northern Italian dialect with Spanish influences. It's amazing how this song, mainly based on percussions appears very similar to some Jon Anderson's solo songs.

"La Redonda" seems Spanish, but it could be any of the Sardinian dialects or even some language from hte south of France. Musically is not much different from the first.

A harp starts "L'albere Risen". I'm quite sure that it's Eastern French mixed with German influences. Really a nice melodic song. One of the few that can be of any interest for a progger.

"Los Set Gotys" is a mix of vulgar Latin and Medieval French. It's a prayer (Ave Maria Gratia Plena. If you like Alan Stivell this is your pot. However even if this is medieval folk, so medieval that even Ricthie Blackmore would consider it too old, there's a subtle layer of darkness behind that can appeal even who is not in the genre.

"Once I had a Sweetheart" is a British traditional, with an arrangement that should be very close to its original roots. I don't remember if I knew this song from Clannad, from Pentangle or from both. However the British traditionals are part of the musical roots of Branduardi who released an italian version of "The Trees They Do Grow High" on his debut album.

"Saltarello, Lamento di Tristano e Rotta" is a typical medieval dance. The Saltarello is a sort of slower tarantella. Tristano e Rotta should refer to "Tristan and Isolde". The harp and dulcimer interlude is great, if you like this kind of things.

There's no need, I think, to speak about "Scarborough Fair", that was made very famous by Simon and Garfunkel. The arrangement of this version is fantastic. A pity the lyrics translated in Italian that's not the right language for this song.

"Calenda Maia" is the first day of May in Provencal. This song is a celebration of the springtime. Really medieval.

"Comment Qu'a Moi" is a French love song for a faraway woman. You can find this kind of music on the early Clannad albums (until Crann Ull, more or less).

"Edi Beo Thu Hevene Quene" is a 13th Century English gymel (in praise of the Virgin Mary). This song can be found on Shirley Collins' album "Amaranth". It's ancient Scottish, I think.

"Imperayritz De La Ciutat Joyosa" is a XIV century song. It's another prayer to the Virgin Mary. The lyrics come from the anonymous "Llibre Vermell de Montserrat" (Scarlet Book of Monsterrat).

"Gaudete E Personent Hodie" is Medieval Latin, recorded live in the Vatican during the annual "Chistmas Concert" that's held for the Pope in the St Peter's chapel. Angelo is the solist voice accompanied by choir and symphonic orchestra. A great performance.

Well, where is prog music? There's not, unfortunately, but if you like experimenting different unusual things this album is a good choice. Fans of prog-folk can be interested, fans of Zeuhl can be ready for it, so I think it can deserve 4 stars.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#554010) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 21, 2011

2 stars Well, I had my suspicions about what Angelo did after unleashing some good RPI albums. He went folk pop and sung himself into the Italian housewives hearts. Sneaky guy. This album is a coop between Angelo and an acoustic music ensemble called Chominciamento Di Gioia. Impressed ? Neither a ... (read more)

Report this review (#294624) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Sunday, August 15, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANGELO BRANDUARDI "Futuro Antico I"