LOVELY TO SEE YOU LIVE (DVD)

The Moody Blues

12. Isn't Life Strange
13. The Other Side Of Life
14. December Snow
15. Higher And Higher
16. Are You Sitting Comfortably?
17. I'm Just A Singer (In A Rock & Roll Band)
18. Nights In White Satin

- Norda Mullen / flute, rythm guitar, backing vocals
- Gordon Marshall / drums
- Paul Bliss / keyboards
- Bernie Barlow / keyboards, backing vocals

Thanks to SouthSideoftheSky for the addition
and to SouthSideoftheSky for the last updates

THE MOODY BLUES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE MOODY BLUES Lovely To See You Live (DVD) Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
The Best Of The Moody BluesThe Best Of The Moody Blues
Moody Blues - GoldMoody Blues - Gold
Polydor / Umgd 2005
Question of BalanceQuestion of Balance
The Moody Blues - EP DVD 2003 Special Edition Classic US $8.00 [0 bids]
Moody Blues-Night At Red Rocks with Colorado Sym Orch US $15.18 Buy It Now 2h 54m
Moody Blues LIVE Red Rocks 1992 VHS Concert Video Colorado Symphony 19+ Songs US $4.77 [0 bids]
MOODY BLUES, THE - LIVE AT THE ISLE OF WIGHT FESTIVAL 1970 NEW DVD US $14.43 Buy It Now 7h 7m
The Moody Blues Hall of Fame - Live from the Royal Albert Hall (DVD, 2000) US $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 57m
The Moody Blues - The Lost Performances: Live in 1970 (DVD, 2004) SEALED US $4.99 [0 bids]
Laserdisc Lot Music Concert The Who Srv Moody Blues US $9.99 [0 bids]
Moody Blues: Threshold of Death Isle of Wight 1970 DVD - New & Sealed! Region 4 US $16.41 Buy It Now 1 day
Moody Blues Live At Red Rocks DVD 18 Greatest Hits US $17.98 [0 bids]
Yes/The Moody Blues: Live Rarities DVD US $10.22 Buy It Now 1 day
The Moody Blues - Live At The Isle Of Wight Festival 1970 (DVD, 2009) US $6.60 Buy It Now 1 day
LD : THE MOODY BLUES A Night At Red Rocks laserdisc US $10.95 Buy It Now 1 day
THE MOODY BLUES - A NIGHT AT RED ROCKS! VHS US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Moody Blues: Live at the Isle of Wight, 1970, DVD, The Moody Blues, Murray L US $7.76 Buy It Now 1 day
Moody Blues - Your Wildest Dreams (DVD, 2005) US $75.00 [0 bids]
THE MOODY BLUES - A NIGHT AT RED ROCKS - NEW DVD US $15.19 Buy It Now 2 days
The Moody Blues Threshold Of A Dream Isle of Wight DVD Brand New US $15.40 Buy It Now 2 days
Pink Floyd Pulse, Moody Blues Isle of Wight, ELP DVD Collection US $30.99 [0 bids]
The Moody Blues - Live at Montreux 1991 (DVD, 2005) US $5.00 [0 bids]
The Moody Blues - EP (DVD, 2003, Special Edition Classic Pictures EP) US $0.99 [0 bids]
MOODY BLUES(THE BEST OF)2004 "DVD" 20TH CENTURY MASTERS RELEASE US $5.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Moody Blues: A Night at Red Rocks: Colorado Symphonic (1992) [NTSC] Laserdisc US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Moody Blues Legend Of A Band VHS Movie 1990 US $19.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Moody Blues Live At Isle Of Wight Festival 1970 New Region ALL Sealed NTSC US $10.24 Buy It Now 3 days
BEST OF MOODY BLUES DVD COLLECTION US $14.95 Buy It Now 3 days
JUSTIN HAYWARD of MOODY BLUES New Sealed 2014 LIVE CONCERT IN ATLANTA BLU RAY US $21.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Moody Blues - The Lost Performances: Live in 1970 (DVD, 2004) US $6.79 [0 bids]
Moody Blues - Legend of a Band - VHS US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Moody Blues - Live at Montreux 1991 (DVD, 2005) US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Moody Blues - Live at Montreux 1991 (DVD, 2005) US $2.00 [2 bids]
The Best Of Moody Blues (DVD) 20TH Century Master DVD Collection! BRAND NEW! US $15.95 Buy It Now 4 days
The Moody Blues Live: Lovely To See You. HD DVD US $32.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE MOODY BLUES - LIVE AT MONTREUX 1991 [DVD] - NEW DVD US $6.77 Buy It Now 4 days
MOODY BLUES - LOST PERFORMANCE -LIVE PARIS 1970 -DVD SHIPS FREE IN US W/TRACKNGI US $11.75 Buy It Now 4 days
Moody Blues: A Night at Red Rocks with the Colorado Symphony DVD US $12.20 Buy It Now 4 days
MOODY BLUES / COLORADO SYM ORCH - NIGHT AT RED ROCKS NEW DVD US $26.21 Buy It Now 4 days
MOODY BLUES, THE: A NIGHT AT RED ROCKS WITH THE COLORADO SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA LD US $7.99 [0 bids]
The Moody Blues - A Night At Red Rocks With Colorado Symphony Orch. (VHS, 1993) US $2.99 Buy It Now 5 days
MOODY BLUES**LIVE AT MONTREUX 1991**DVD US $9.95 Buy It Now 5 days
MOODY BLUES Laserdisc Legend of a Band LD Rare Performances and Documentary US $23.96 Buy It Now 5 days
Moody Blues in South Africa Sun City Live RARE VHS 1995 Threshold US $75.00 Buy It Now 5 days
New: THE MOODY BLUES - The DVD Collection (Best of) DVD US $4.38 Buy It Now 5 days
RARE-The Moody Blues - A Night at Red Rocks with the Colorado Symphony Orchestra US $60.00 [0 bids]
MOODY BLUES - LOVELY TO SEE YOU: LIVE (IMPORT) NEW BLURAY US $56.87 Buy It Now 5 days
The Story Of The Moody Blues...Legend Of A Band Laserdisc US $13.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Moody Blues The Lost Performance DVD US $8.58 Buy It Now 6 days
Moody Blues, T. Rex, Small Faces, Move, Troggs, Lulu, Unit 4+2.. US $15.55 Buy It Now 6 days
Moody Blues - Lovely To See You - Live (Blu-ray Disc, 2008) US $51.99 Buy It Now 6 days
LIVE AT THE ISLE OF WIGHT FESTIVAL 19 BY MOODY BLUES (DVD) US $17.00 Buy It Now 7 days
JUSTIN HAYWARD of MOODY BLUES New Sealed Ltd Ed 2014 LIVE CONCERT IN ATLANTA DVD US $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Moody Blues Live A Night At Red Rocks September 9, 1992 DVD Brand New US $15.29 Buy It Now 7 days
The Moody Blues - A Night at Red Rocks (Laserdisc, 1993 US $26.10 Buy It Now 7 days
YES/THE MOODY BLUES: LIVE RARITIES [REGION FREE] NEW DVD US $10.23 Buy It Now 7 days
THE MOODY BLUES (LASER) MCMXC US $10.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE MOODY BLUES (LASER) RED ROCKS US $18.99 Buy It Now 7 days
BRAND NEW RARE OOP THE MOODY BLUES LIVE LOVELY TO SEE YOU CONCERT MUSIC DVD 2005 US $49.95 Buy It Now 7 days
THE MOODY BLUES HALL OF FAME - LIVE FROM THE ROYAL ALBERT [REGIONS 1,4] NEW DVD US $11.18 Buy It Now 8 days
The Moody Blues - The DVD Collection (DVD, 2004) US $13.99 Buy It Now 8 days
The Moody Blues - A Night at Red Rocks (1992) VHS rock music live concert US $7.49 Buy It Now 8 days
Pioneer LaserKaraoke Top Ten 60's Hits Vol.16 12" Laserdisc LD Moody Blues Dion US $8.99 Buy It Now 8 days
MOODY BLUES - INSIDE THE MUSIC (WS) NEW DVD US $20.07 Buy It Now 9 days
The Moody Blues - The DVD Collection (DVD, 2004) NEW *FREE S&H US $9.98 Buy It Now 9 days
Classic Rock Legends: The Moody Blues - Inside the Music DVD US $10.95 Buy It Now 9 days
MOODY BLUES:CLASSIC ARTISTS BY MOODY BLUES (DVD) US $21.74 Buy It Now 9 days
Moody Blues:lost Performance Live in - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $15.00 Buy It Now 10 days
THE MOODY BLUES: A NIGHT AT RED ROCKS WITH C.S.O. (DVD) (2007) US $14.75 Buy It Now 10 days
THE MOODY BLUES - LIVE AT MONTREUX 1991 [DVD BOXSET] - NEW DVD BOXSET US $15.14 Buy It Now 10 days
THE MOODY BLUES - LIVE AT THE ISLE OF WIGHT FESTIVAL 1970 [DVD - NEW DVD BOXSET US $12.43 Buy It Now 10 days
The Moody Blues: Lovely to See You - Live [Blu-ray] (2008) US $51.95 Buy It Now 11 days
Moody Blues Laserdisc Legend Of A Band Ex Cond Story Of Band US $7.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Moody Blues:classic Artists - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $20.93 Buy It Now 11 days
The Moody Blues - A Night at Red Rocks (DVD, 2002) US $12.27 Buy It Now 12 days
THE MOODY BLUES - LIVE AT THE ISLE OF WIGHT FESTIVAL 1970 [DVD] - NEW DVD US $10.39 Buy It Now 12 days
Moody Blues Hall Of Fame Live F Royal Albert Hall DVD DTS 5.0 Dolby Dig 5.0 US $16.55 Buy It Now 12 days
Moody Blues Lost Performance Live In 70 DVD US $14.69 Buy It Now 12 days
Moody Blues: Classic Artists by The Moody Blues US $13.11 Buy It Now 12 days
THE MOODY BLUES Laserdisc Legend Of A Band US $15.50 Buy It Now 13 days
Moody Blues: Inside the Music - Digital Versatile Disc (DVD) Region 2 Brand New US $20.42 Buy It Now 13 days
VHS: MOODY BLUES A NIGHT AT RED ROCKS...95 MINUTES US $4.77 Buy It Now 13 days
MOODY BLUES - CLASSIC ARTISTS - NEW DVD BOXSET US $15.63 Buy It Now 13 days
The Moody Blues Lovely To See You Live DVD Concert Like New US $7.99 Buy It Now 13 days
THE MOODY BLUES LEGEND OF A BAND VHS PAL VIDEO US $28.05 Buy It Now 13 days
MOODY BLUES 2005 Live At Montreux 1991 DVD Edge HAYWARD Lodge THOMAS Etc. NICE ! US $6.74 Buy It Now 14 days
THE MOODY BLUES Live Montreux DVD New! SEALED US $19.98 Buy It Now 14 days
RARE DVD VERSION! - The Moody Blues - Legend of a Band OUT OF PRINT DVD VERSION! US $24.90 Buy It Now 14 days
Moody Blues Live At Red Rocks DVD 18 Greatest Hits US $19.98 Buy It Now 14 days
THE MOODY BLUES - THE LOST PERFORMANCES: LIVE IN 1970 [REGION FREE] NEW DVD US $8.59 Buy It Now 15 days
Moody Blues - Legend Of A Band (2001) - Used - Digital Video Disc US $23.34 Buy It Now 15 days
DVD THE MOODY BLUES LIVE LOVELY TO SEE YOU SEALED NEW US $5.94 Buy It Now 15 days
The Moody Blues Hall of Fame - Live from the Royal Albert Hall (DVD, 2000) US $15.66 Buy It Now 16 days
JAPAN LD MOODY BLUES RED ROCKS LIVE LASER DISC CONCERT EX US $28.00 Buy It Now 16 days
The WHO JANIS JOPLIN Joe Cocker Moody Blues Little Richard Stevie Wonder SEALED US $17.95 Buy It Now 16 days
11 music DVD's moody blues + cher + springsteen + eagles + jonhhny cash + MORE US $62.99 Buy It Now 16 days
The Moody Blues Hall of Fame - Live from the Royal Albert Hall (DVD, 2000) US $11.22 Buy It Now 17 days
Blues Rock DVD- Free,Moody Blues, Thin Lizzy, More... NEW US $9.99 Buy It Now 17 days
MOODY BLUES-LIVE AT THE ISLE OF Blu-Ray NEW US $16.24 Buy It Now 17 days
The Moody Blues- Live at the Red Rocks- VHS Video Concert US $7.99 Buy It Now 17 days
MOODY BLUES-HALL OF FAME: LIVE FROM THE ROYAL ALB... DVD NEW US $15.52 Buy It Now 17 days
Moody Blues: Live at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970 DVD US $6.51 Buy It Now 17 days
MOODY BLUES: INSIDE THE MUSIC - NEW DVD US $10.96 Buy It Now 18 days

More places to buy THE MOODY BLUES music online Buy THE MOODY BLUES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE MOODY BLUES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE MOODY BLUES Lovely To See You Live (DVD) ratings distribution

THE MOODY BLUES Lovely To See You Live (DVD) reviews

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars We're just rock & roll singers (in a rock & roll band)

Most of the bands I listen to consist of members who are about twice as old as I am myself. But The Moody Blues are older still. These guys were already touring America - and their songs were played on the radio - when Yes, Genesis and King Crimson were just starting out making music. When these bands released their respective debut albums, The Moody Blues already had about five albums under their belt. The Moody Blues simply belong to an earlier generation of bands represented by the likes of The Beatles, The Who, Procol Harum and perhaps Pink Floyd.

On this DVD we get a full live performance, filmed and recorded in Los Angeles in this millennium. Impressively, the set list features songs from five different decades! The show starts with two very old songs in Lovely To See You and Tuesday Afternoon. It continues with a song from the 90's called Lean On Me (Tonight) which was a song I had not heard before. It sounds very much like a Beatles song, indeed too much so, I think. Another older song follows, The Actor. In my opinion these first four songs constitute a very weak start of the show. These are not at all bad songs, but they are much too low key to open a concert. The next number, Stepping In A Slide Zone, is the first song that really rocks and would have been much better as a concert opener.

The portion of the show from Stepping In A Slide Zone onwards is much better than the weak introductory portion. The Voice is a good song with a symphonic intro and The Story In Your Eyes, Isn't Life Strange, I'm Just A Rock & Roll Singer (In A Rock & Roll Band) and Question are all very good songs. Forever Autumn is a song originally from Jeff Wayne's The War Of The Worlds album and is a very beautiful song. Even some newer songs that I had never heard before like I Know You're Out There Somewhere and Your Wildest Dreams are decent. December Snow is the most recent song and it is utterly forgettable. Indeed, I just heard it a minute ago and I don't remember anything about it! Higher And Higher is an alright number but it is destroyed by Graeme Edge insisting on dancing around the stage in a very embarrassing manner!

As you may have noticed, Ray Thomas was no longer in the band at this time so none of his songs are performed. This is a good thing in my opinion since I never much liked his songs. On the other Moody Blues DVD I have, Thomas feels largely like the fifth wheel, spending most of the concert just sitting there and only occasionally playing a bit of flute and singing a couple of songs.

The ending of the show suffers from the same problem as the start of the concert. After the eternal Nights In White Satin we are given a powerful performance of Question. This would have been a perfect place to stop, but they insist on playing Ride My see-Saw which, for me, is something of an anti-climax.

The Moody Blues is not one of my favourite bands, and this DVD, though enjoyable, will not chance that.

Good, but non-essential.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#211024) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 11, 2009

Review by Finnforest
3 stars Lovely to see you indeed

I often rail against rock and roll senior citizens. Too often I have to agree with Grace Slick's ranting on the subject. She says rock is a young person's game and that her peers should have the common sense to know when it's time to take up painting. Instead we now have "rockers" around age 70 still hauling in the big paychecks singing material they wrote as young men. Worse than having little true conviction to the material is the inability to "get it up" anymore. They play the songs slower, they can't hit the notes (coughhhrobertandgeddy), or they can barely move. Come on people. You're still gonna pay huge bucks to see such mediocrity?

However, occasionally I come across veterans who not only manage to pull it off, but actually do it well enough to put across something genuinely moving and worthwhile. The Moody Blues deliver a set here that is dignified, well done, and enjoyable. This is probably because they wrote timeless material that doesn't sound silly coming from an older person. And they can still sing their parts with relative ease. As only three of the long timers remain they have filled in the rest of the stage with new faces who do a fine job, especially flautist Norda Mullen who seems to have won over the fan base already with her energy.

The show is recorded in Los Angeles and features a simple stage presentation but tasteful lightning, bathing the band in blues and soft purples. Highlights include an early Tuesday Afternoon and The Actor. I would have preferred more Long Distance Voyager but they do sample it with The Voice and Talking Out Of Turn. There is a beautiful acoustic number called Forever Autumn from a Hayward soundtrack collaboration. Then they bring down the house with a poignant, beautiful Isn't Life Strange from the Seventh Sojourn album. This one really seemed to touch people with its melancholy lyrics, I believe there are a few tears in the audience. It also seemed to energize everyone in the band.

They got better as the show went on and positively rocked on Question, Higher and Higher, while delivering all the regal majesty on their classic Nights in White Satin. Hayward just excelled at the show's climax, the fast guitar part at the beginning of Question seemed faster if anything, and his leads were right on the mark though he rarely deviated from the album leads. The Moodies have proven remarkably resilient over all this time and their material holds up. I got a little emotional at the end. It is not lost on me that I'm watching old friends here, voices that have been a part of my life for all of my life, and are rapidly nearing retirement based simply on the math. These voices will be missed and this is a great final document....if it proves to be their last major DVD release. While they were never my favorite band and still aren't I consider their music a treasured part of the last half century.

The extra is a warm and laid back 30 minute interview with Hayward, Lodge, and Edge. At first the questions are short ice breakers moving quickly back and forth between members, but eventually they all take them into more philosophical areas discussing family, art, and fans. They seem genuinely grateful for their long ride and they seem to enjoy being together yet, without the animosity we know exists in some of the other long time bands. The sound on the DVD is decent enough although not perfect. At times there are some anomalies which irritated me and I could use more bass. But don't let that stop you from catching up with old friends.

Send comments to Finnforest (BETA) | Report this review (#1160991) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 13, 2014

4 stars This 2005 concert is a treat for old Moodies fans like myself. It contains nothing new but has a fresh sound, probably resulting from the latest group of excellent supporting musicians, and the simpler arrangements without orchestra. But the new lease on life may also come from the fact that Just ... (read more)

Report this review (#221833) | Posted by DocB | Friday, June 19, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE MOODY BLUES "Lovely To See You Live (DVD)"