JIMI HENDRIX - LIVE AT WOODSTOCK

5. Foxey Lady
6. Jam Back At The House
7. Izabella
8. Fire
9. Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
10. Star Spangled Banner
11. Purple Haze
12. Woodstock Improvisation
13. Villanova Junction
14. Hey Joe
15. The Road To Woodstock: New documentary directed by Bob Smeaton featuring new interviews with Hendrix band members Mitch Mitchell, Billy Cox, Juma Sultan, and Larry Lee, engineer Eddie Kramer, and Woodstock promoter Michael Lang among others.

DISC TWO: Jimi Hendrix: Live At Woodstock: A Second Look
1. Message To Love
2. Hear My Train A Comin'
3. Spanish Castle Magic
4. Red House
5. Lover Man
6. Foxey Lady
7. Jam Back At The House
8. Izabella
9. Fire
10. Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
11. Star Spangled Banner
12. Purple Haze
13. Woodstock Improvisation
14. Villanova Junction
15. Hey Joe
16. Jimi Hendrix Press Conference: Color film footage of never before seen Jimi Hendrix press conference held September 3, 1969 at Frank's Restaurant in Harlem. Hendrix answers questions about his Woodstock festival performance, his rendition of the Star Spangled Banner and the festival's cultural impact.

Search JIMI HENDRIX Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock lyrics

Search JIMI HENDRIX Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock tabs

- Jimi Hendrix / lead guitar, vocals
- Mitch Mitchell / drums
- Billy Cox / bass guitar
- Larry Lee / rhythm guitar
- Juma Sultan / percussion
- Jerry Velez / percussion

A comprehensive look at Jimi's landmark performance at the famed festival. Contains all available footage from the documentary with different angles along with some featurettes.

Thanks to marktheshark for the addition

JIMI HENDRIX MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JIMI HENDRIX Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Experience Hendrix: The Best of Jimi HendrixExperience Hendrix: The Best of Jimi Hendrix
Sony Legacy 2010
Band of GypsysBand of Gypsys
Remastered
Capitol / Experience Hendrix 1998
People, Hell & AngelsPeople, Hell & Angels
Legacy 2013
Live At Woodstock (2 CD)Live At Woodstock (2 CD)
Sony Legacy 2010
Blues (2 LPs)Blues (2 LPs)
Sony Legacy 2011
Vinyl$16.27
Ultimate ExperienceUltimate Experience
Mca 1993
JIMI HENDRIX: WOODSTOCK MCAL-11107 (1994) 12" LD NM NEAR MINT CONDITION US $10.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
VHS: JIMI HENDRIX THE DICK CAVETT SHOW US $7.77 Buy It Now 3h 7m
VHS: JIMI PLAYS BERKELEY.....JIMI HENDRIX....55 MINUTES US $4.77 Buy It Now 3h 7m
A FILM ABOUT JIMI HENDRIX Classic Rock Guitar Guitarist Rocumentary Deluxe DVD US $12.95 Buy It Now 6h 29m
Jimi Hendrix Live At Woodstock 2 DVD Collection 2005 US $10.00 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix - Feedback (DVD, 2007) Interviews, Performances, Rare Footage New US $10.50 Buy It Now 7h 54m
Jimi Hendrix DVD 1999 Incredible Anamorphic Classic Music WITH FREE SHIPPING US $7.50 Buy It Now 9h 47m
Rainbow Bridge featuring JIMI HENDRIX video with live footage from Maui concert US $0.99 [0 bids]
JIMI HENDRIX New 2014 TRAIN A COMIN BLU RAY w UNRELEASED LIVE FOOTAGE US $24.99 Buy It Now 10h 19m
JIMI HENDRIX Super Live Japan Laserdisk 1990 NM w/OBI BML-1 US $29.00 Buy It Now 16h 43m
JIMI HENDRIX at Atlanta Pop Festival Japan Laserdisk 1992 NM w/OBI BVLP-77 US $29.00 Buy It Now 16h 58m
JIMI HENDRIX at Woodstock Japan Laserdisk 1992 NM w/OBI BVLP-86 US $18.00 Buy It Now 17h 10m
JIMI HENDRIX At The Isle Of Wight Japan Laserdisk 1990NM w/OBI & Shrink CSLM791 US $18.00 Buy It Now 17h 23m
JIMI HENDRIX VHS LIVE PETE TOWNSHEND ERIC CLAPTON US $7.00 Buy It Now 21h 44m
Jimi Hendrix - Blue Wild Angel: Live at the Isle of Wight (DVD, 2002) NEW SEALED US $9.99 Buy It Now 22h 3m
Jimi Hendrix - Last 24 Hours US $9.95 Buy It Now 23h 8m
JIMI HENDRIX (DELUX ED) by US $0.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Jimi Hendrix Experience Live at Monterey(DVD) US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix Monterey Pop Woodstock Isle of Wight Music Festivals Sealed VHS US $0.98 [0 bids]
2 DVD SET JIMI HENDRIX LIVE AT WOODSTOCK NEW 2010 US $20.82 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix - The Dick Cavett Show NEW DVD US $13.25 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW Hendrix J-Jimi Hendrix-Blue Wild Angel-Live At the Isle of Wight US $9.93 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix (DVD, 2005, Deluxe Edition) US $3.00 [1 bids]
Jimi Hendrix: Experience, Good DVD, Alexis Korner, Beth, Noel Redding, John Mitc US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Alfred Guitar World How To Play The Best of The Jimi Hendrix Experience's Electr US $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix - The Last 24 Hours (Rare DVD, 2007) Documentary - New US $10.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix: Voodoo Child West coast seattle bay (DVD, 2010) NEW region all US $9.99 [0 bids]
Japan Brand New LD JIMI HENDRIX Electric Ladyland 1997? US $38.00 Buy It Now 1 day
"JIMI PLAYS MONTEREY" JIMI HENDRIX SEALED MINT VHS US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ISLE OF WIGHT FESTIVAL VHS NEW JIMI HENDRIX WHO ELP US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix: Live at Woodstock - Digital Versatile Disc (DVD) Region 2 Brand Ne US $22.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix:Woodstock Laserdisc 6 OR MORE FREE SHIPPING US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE LIVE AT THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL DVD US $35.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix VHS live at Monterey 1986 US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix Experience Smash Hits 11 Tracks On One CD Sealed + Original Cop NEW US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Next Level Guitar: Hey Joe DVD Video Jimi Hendrix song lessons chords tutorial + US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Classic Albums - The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland US $26.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix -Live at the Fillmore East (DVD, 1999) US $9.99 [0 bids]
JIMI HENDRIX New Sealed 2014 COMPLETE HENDRIX STORY Biography & More DVD US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SEALED PROMO DVD SAMPLER;THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE/2001 3-SAMPLES/18 MI US $5.00 [0 bids]
JIMI HENDRIX VHS w/Live Footage in Maui- His Last US Concert+ Bonus Poster Repro US $19.70 [0 bids]
JIMI HENDRIX Alive On Live JAPAN LASER DISC +OBI LD US $29.99 [0 bids]
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (VHS, 1999, 2-Tape Set) Jimi Hendrix, CSN US $1.99 [0 bids]
JIMI HENDRIX LIVE AT WOODSTOCK 2 DISC DVD US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Lot of 5 Vintage The Doors, Jimi Hendrix on VHS, Pink Floyd of DVD US $9.99 [0 bids]
"Jimi Hendrix: Live at the Isle of Wright 1970" (DVD, 1998) Rare, OOP..Brand New US $15.00 [0 bids]
JIMI HENDRIX / RAINBOW BRIDGE (VHS, 1996) *Sealed* US $11.23 Buy It Now 2 days
e5204 Japan Laserdisc JIMI HENDRIX at Woodstock Jam Back At The House, Fire ? US $32.70 Buy It Now 2 days
Cream Strange Brew VHS hi-fi A*Vision 50257-3 1 hr + home movies US $6.99 [0 bids]
Jimi Plays Berkeley VHS 1989 Jimi Hendrix Harmony video edition w/"deluxe" case US $4.99 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock (DVD, 1999) US $5.39 [0 bids]
Classic Albums - Jimi Hendrix: Electric Ladyland [VHS] by Jimi Hendrix, John Mi US $6.01 Buy It Now 2 days
Jimi Hendrix: The Guitar Hero [DVD New] US $13.01 Buy It Now 2 days
Jimi Hendrix Live At The Isle Of Wight DVD US $5.75 [0 bids]
NEW My Dinner With Jimi Hendrix US $9.64 Buy It Now 2 days
Japan LD JIMI HENDRIX in RAINBOW BRIDGE, Hawaii, 1970 US $32.70 Buy It Now 2 days
Japan LD Jimi Hendrix LIVE at Isle of Wight '70 Digital US $32.70 Buy It Now 2 days
Japan LD JIMI HENDRIX Play in Berkeley May 31th. 1970 US $29.80 Buy It Now 2 days
Jimi Hendrix: The Guitar Hero: Classic Artists DVD US $10.37 Buy It Now 2 days
Vhs Jimi Hendrix Rockumentary; Authorized By The Hendrix Estate. US $4.99 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix - Feedback (DVD, 2007) Brand New Sealed, Great Documentary US $6.29 Buy It Now 2 days
When the Music's Over JAPAN LD John Lennon Jimi Hendrix Jim Croce Elvis Presley US $55.94 Buy It Now 2 days
JIMI HENDRIX - HEAR MY TRAIN A COMIN NEW BLURAY US $31.93 Buy It Now 2 days
NEW! CLASSIC! Jimi Hendrix: Experience (DVD, 2001) Filmed Live in London US $5.75 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix: Rainbow Bridge DVD 1999 Rare Original 134 Minute Full Length US $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
JIMI HENDRIX: HEAR MY TRAIN A COMIN' DVD - AUTHENTIC US US $21.99 Buy It Now 2 days
JIMI HENDRIX VHS tape (jimi hendrix) 1995 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix - Blue Wild Angel: Live at the Isle of Wight (DVD, 2002) US $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Jimi Hendrix Experience: Hear My Train A Comin' [Blu-ray] (2013) US $26.21 Buy It Now 3 days
Laserdisc Laser Guitar Concert Music Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock 1969 US $17.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Jimi Hendrix [Deluxe Edition] (2005, DVD New) US $11.91 Buy It Now 3 days
JIMI HENDRIX: HEAR MY TRAIN A COMIN' BLU-RAY - AUTHENTIC US RELEASE US $32.99 Buy It Now 3 days
JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE ELECTRIC LADYLAND VIDEO PAL VHS~ A RARE FIND US $37.36 Buy It Now 3 days
JIMI HENDRIX AT THE ATLANTA POP FESTIVAL VIDEO PAL VHS~ A RARE FIND US $46.70 Buy It Now 3 days
JIMI HENDRIX AT THE ISLE OF WIGHT VIDEO PAL VHS~ A RARE FIND US $46.70 Buy It Now 3 days
JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE VIDEO PAL VHS~ A RARE FIND US $46.70 Buy It Now 3 days
Jimi Hendrix (Deluxe Edition) (2005) US $12.99 [0 bids]
JIMI HENDRIX DVD - ELECTRIC LADYLAND US $0.99 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix: At Atlanta Pop Fest '70 (1970) [BVLP 77] BMG JAPAN LASERDISC P US $399.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Jimi Hendrix: Rainbow Bridge (VHS, 1995) US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
RARE VHS - *Jimi Hendrix: Jimi Plays Berkeley* [PG] {1991} Music US $17.28 Buy It Now 3 days
Jimi Hendrix: Experience (DVD, 2001) US $4.00 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix - Blue Wild Angel: Live at the Isle of Wight (DVD, 2002) US $3.00 [0 bids]
VHS:JIMI HENDRIX LIVE AT MONTEREY US $5.77 Buy It Now 3 days
VHS: JIMI HENDRIX JOHNNY B.GOODE....RARE US $17.77 Buy It Now 3 days
VHS: JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE US $5.77 Buy It Now 3 days
JIMI HENDRIX New Sealed 2014 TRAIN A COMIN DVD w UNRELEASED LIVE FOOTAGE US $18.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Jimi Hendrix: The Guitar Hero (DVD, 2010) US $5.95 Buy It Now 4 days
JIMI HENDRIX "RAINBOW BRIDGE" VHS 1990 US $4.75 Buy It Now 4 days
JIMI HENDRIX "LIVE AT MONTEREY" VHS 1986 US $4.75 Buy It Now 4 days
JIMI HENDRIX "BAND OF GYPSYS" VHS 1999 US $5.75 Buy It Now 4 days
JIMI HENDRIX "LIVE AT THE ISLE OF WIGHT 1970" VHS 1996 US $4.75 Buy It Now 4 days
JIMI HENDRIX "LIVE AT WOODSTOCK" VHS 1999 US $8.75 Buy It Now 4 days
Jimi Hendrix [Deluxe Edition] (2005, DVD New) US $13.63 Buy It Now 4 days
Jimi Hendrix: Band of Gypsies - Live at the Fillmore (DVD) Rare Footage US $12.99 [0 bids]
JIMI HENDRIX AT THE ISLE OF WIGHT 1990 LASERDISC live 1970 concert performance US $20.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Jimi Hendrix - Jimi Plays Berkeley Japan LD Obi US $18.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Jimi Hendrix Experience Japan DVD US $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock (2 DVD Set, 2008) plus 3 extra DVDs US $20.00 Buy It Now 4 days
JIMI HENDRIX Hear My Train a Comin' promo DVD US $9.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy JIMI HENDRIX music online Buy JIMI HENDRIX & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for JIMI HENDRIX DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

JIMI HENDRIX Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(90%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(10%)

JIMI HENDRIX Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
5 stars As I have said in most of my Jimi's reviews, his band dis best experienced while playing live. When you can effectively SEE him, is just a gorgeous moment.

Of rock music. As simple as that.

In this respect, this double DVD set is AWSOME. Imagine that the band went on stage at approximately 9 AM on a monday morning while the festival should have been ended several hours before!

Since they were appointed to close the festival, Jimi didn't want to swap and really insist to be the last band to play at Woodstock. And what a performance it will be!

It is true that most of the attention in this filming is put into Jimi. All the way through. All the other actors are sort of second tiers, just there to back up the master. Which in a way was their job.

On the contrary of other major player of the festival (Cocker, The Who, Santana) Jimi didn't seem to be ''heavy loaded''. Especially if you consider the time of the day they played. As a devoted fan, I must agree that the many close ups are really gorgeous to watch to. It is a true pleasure each time I watch this fabulous set and the sublime dexterity of the man.

As being in my fifties, I once urged my son to look at how Jimi was great with only a guitar. He was HUGELY impressed, even if I couldn't convert him to a fan. But I was since I was twelve. As soon as the release of the original triple Woodstock album came out; of which the last fourteen minutes closed side six of this legendary soundtrack.

Jimi is rather happy, has a lot of fun on stage and the set he played with his band is just INCREDIBLE. Be aware though that I am biased. He really belongs to the very few of my musical heroes. He was such a marvellous guitar player.

I guess that almost no-one comes close. Neither prog nor rock guitar players. Just watch this performance to be convinced. A magical set, full of maestria.

When you consider that these images have been recorded in 1969, you have to take you hats off. Brilliant close-ups, great images of the god of the guitar play (even if some other players called themselves as such). Here was THE god of guitar, and still is IMVHHO.

It is only sufficient to watch to these Woodstock tapes to understand how great an artist he was. I have seen on stage most of the great ones on earth (Page, Blackmore, Hackett, Howe, Townsend). And I love them a whole a lot. But Jimi is just something from the other world and unmatched so far (and probably for ever).

I remember discussing with my father about playing guitar with his teeth (''Izabella''). He told me: ''just plat it with your hands''. He was not wrong, but he never saw Jimi played on tape. I did. And I will always do. You should really have a look to this brilliant set.

The closer you come to the end of the first DVD, the more impressed you should be. As of the fantastic version of ''Voodoo Chile'' starts up to ''Hey Joe''. It is probably one of the best live moments I have ever lived in my life. What a glory to have them available some thirty years later!

If you want to have a deeper overview in terms of music, I wrote a description of the double CD release which memorizes this wonderful set.

As I have said, the history kicks out with an incredible version of ''Voodoo Chile''. One of his all time best. Represented here in a unique and wonderful version. The legend starts here IMVHHO. MEMORABLE.

VERY few live performances can compete with this one. It is unique. It is unmatched. It is Jimi.

He was very cool during this huge concert: only listen to the band intro during the wonderful verion of ''Voodoo Chile'': ''Before We Leave, let me just tell you the name of the group; It was our first little gig. Our name is ''The Sun & Rainbows'' but you can call us ''Band Of Gypsys''.

Another famous phrase of course is the next one: ''You can leave if you want, we are only jamming, that's all''. And what a jam follows my friends!!!!

The incredible version of ''Star Spangled Banner''. What a discussion item at the time: the sound of the bombings on Vietnam coming out of Jimi's guitar! These are moments which can only speak to a certain generation to which I belong.

This is a huge set, I told you. The best from the master as far as I am concerned.

There is a second DVD in his set. It is a black / white version of the whole set being shot in black and white. A great addition is the version of ''Hear my train A Coming''. I will describe this one a little later. When time allows.

As such, this Woodstock concert is phenomenal. My fave of the big man of all times. On op of it , images remain from this legendary set. I guess that you got the picture: five spangled stars. This is a UNIQUE recording. I can only recommend you to get it, listen to it, watch it. And potentially review it as I did.

Five stars of course.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#211880) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 20, 2009

4 stars Now this is my favorite of the Jimi film experiences! What can you really say about one of the most landmark performances by a musical artist? Unlike his later Isle of Wight, where the ravages of touring and drugs were pushing him over the edge, Jimi is in fine form here. Despite the rain delays ... (read more)

Report this review (#211676) | Posted by marktheshark | Saturday, April 18, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of JIMI HENDRIX "Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock"