JIMI HENDRIX - LIVE AT WOODSTOCK

5. Foxey Lady
6. Jam Back At The House
7. Izabella
8. Fire
9. Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
10. Star Spangled Banner
11. Purple Haze
12. Woodstock Improvisation
13. Villanova Junction
14. Hey Joe
15. The Road To Woodstock: New documentary directed by Bob Smeaton featuring new interviews with Hendrix band members Mitch Mitchell, Billy Cox, Juma Sultan, and Larry Lee, engineer Eddie Kramer, and Woodstock promoter Michael Lang among others.

DISC TWO: Jimi Hendrix: Live At Woodstock: A Second Look
1. Message To Love
2. Hear My Train A Comin'
3. Spanish Castle Magic
4. Red House
5. Lover Man
6. Foxey Lady
7. Jam Back At The House
8. Izabella
9. Fire
10. Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
11. Star Spangled Banner
12. Purple Haze
13. Woodstock Improvisation
14. Villanova Junction
15. Hey Joe
16. Jimi Hendrix Press Conference: Color film footage of never before seen Jimi Hendrix press conference held September 3, 1969 at Frank's Restaurant in Harlem. Hendrix answers questions about his Woodstock festival performance, his rendition of the Star Spangled Banner and the festival's cultural impact.

Search JIMI HENDRIX Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock lyrics

Search JIMI HENDRIX Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock tabs

- Jimi Hendrix / lead guitar, vocals
- Mitch Mitchell / drums
- Billy Cox / bass guitar
- Larry Lee / rhythm guitar
- Juma Sultan / percussion
- Jerry Velez / percussion

A comprehensive look at Jimi's landmark performance at the famed festival. Contains all available footage from the documentary with different angles along with some featurettes.

Thanks to marktheshark for the addition

JIMI HENDRIX MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JIMI HENDRIX Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Experience Hendrix: The Best of Jimi HendrixExperience Hendrix: The Best of Jimi Hendrix
Sony Legacy 2010
Rainbow BridgeRainbow Bridge
Legacy 2014
Axis: Bold As Love (200 gram mono Vinyl)Axis: Bold As Love (200 gram mono Vinyl)
Sony Legacy 2013
Vinyl$15.77
Band of GypsysBand of Gypsys
Remastered
Capitol / Experience Hendrix 1998
The Cry Of LoveThe Cry Of Love
Legacy 2014
Are You Experienced (Vinyl)Are You Experienced (Vinyl)
Sony Legacy 2010
Vinyl$17.17
Jimi Hendrix Experience Box SetJimi Hendrix Experience Box Set
Box set
Sony Legacy 2013
BluesBlues
Sony Legacy 2014
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock DVD, Jimi Hendrix, Billy Cox, Mitch Mitchell, L USD $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JIMI HENDRIX Live At Woodstock Definitive 2 DVD Collection**EUC** USD $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock Jimi Hendrix, Billy Cox, John Mitchell, Larry USD $99.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock 2005 2-DVD Collection USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock DVD - New & Sealed! Region 4 USD $19.28 Buy It Now 2 days
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock (DVD, 1999) USD $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
JIMI HENDRIX - live at Woodstock - 2 DVD collection USD $5.00 [0 bids]
JIMI HENDRIX Live At Woodstock DVD 2-Discs Special Edition classic rock live USD $9.00 Buy It Now 3 days
JIMI HENDRIX LIVE AT WOODSTOCK 4 DISC BUNDLE from SONY 2 DVD's + 2 CD's New USD $42.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Jimi Hendrix - Jimi Plays Berkeley - Live at Woodstock 3 DVDs Total Great Shape USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock (DVD, 2005, 2-Disc Set, Special Edition) USD $18.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock & HENDRIX (2 VHS) USD $9.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock (DVD, 2005, 2-Disc Set, Special Edition) USD $12.74 Buy It Now 5 days
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock (DVD, 2005, 2-Disc Set, Special Edition) USD $22.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock MINT DVD, 2005, 2-Disc Set, Special Edition) USD $12.98 Buy It Now 6 days
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock (DVD, 2005, 2-Disc ... USD $12.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Jimi Hendrix: Live at Woodstock - Digital Versatile Disc (DVD) Region 2 Brand Ne USD $21.84 Buy It Now 8 days
Jimi Hendrix - Live At Woodstock VHS Movie USD $8.95 Buy It Now 9 days
JIMI HENDRIX LIVE AT WOODSTOCK Blu-Ray. New in shrinkwrap USD $35.49 Buy It Now 9 days
Jimi Hendrix - Live At Woodstock (VHS, 1999) USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
JIMI HENDRIX LIVE AT WOODSTOCK VHS USD $7.00 Buy It Now 10 days
JIMI HENDRIX: LIVE AT WOODSTOCK (1969) NEW DVD USD $15.82 Buy It Now 10 days
JIMI HENDRIX Live At Woodstock BLU-RAY HD BRAND NEW Region All USD $17.80 Buy It Now 10 days
JIMI HENDRIX*LIVE AT WOODSTOCK:DEFINITIVE COLL*BLU-RAY USD $18.95 Buy It Now 10 days
2 DVD Set Live At Woodstock - Jimi Hendrix Sealed New ! USD $15.96 Buy It Now 11 days
JIMI HENDRIX "LIVE AT WOODSTOCK" VHS 1999 USD $8.25 Buy It Now 11 days
JIMI HENDRIX LIVE AT WOODSTOCK..DEFINITIVE 2 DVD COLLECTION NEW USD $16.16 Buy It Now 11 days
JIMI HENDRIX: LIVE AT WOODSTOCK [DVD BOXSET] - NEW DVD BOXSET USD $12.73 Buy It Now 12 days
Jimi Hendrix - Live At Woodstock (1999) - Used - Digital Video Disc USD $3.94 Buy It Now 12 days
Jimi Hendrix - Live At Woodstock (2005) - Used - Digital Video Disc USD $4.49 Buy It Now 13 days
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock (DVD, 1999) USD $3.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Jimi Hendrix-Live At Woodstock USD $13.84 Buy It Now 15 days
Jimi Hendrix Live at Woodstock DVD, 2005, 2-Disc Set Special Edition STIL SEALED USD $31.00 Buy It Now 16 days
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock, Good DVD, Jimi Hendrix, Billy Cox, Mitch Mitch USD $8.22 Buy It Now 16 days
JIMI HENDRIX - LIVE AT WOODSTOCK _ BLU-RAY NEW USD $16.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock (Blu-ray Disc, 2008) USD $37.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock (DVD, 2005, 2-Disc Set, Special Edition) USD $8.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock DVD, Jerry Velez, Juma Sultan, Larry Lee, John USD $11.09 Buy It Now 18 days
JIMI HENDRIX LIVE AT WOODSTOCK 2 DISC DVD USD $15.00 Buy It Now 21 days
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock, Good DVD, Jimi Hendrix, Billy Cox, Mitch Mitch USD $9.24 Buy It Now 23 days
JIMI HENDRIX - LIVE AT WOODSTOCK BRAND NEW SEALED DVD ??????????????????????? USD $14.38 Buy It Now 23 days
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock USD $5.24 Buy It Now 24 days
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock (DVD, 2005, 2-Disc Set, Special Edition) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 26 days
JIMI HENDRIX-LIVE AT WOODSTOCK FESTIVAL 1969-VHS TAPE USD $6.25 Buy It Now 27 days
2 DVD SET JIMI HENDRIX LIVE AT WOODSTOCK NEW 2010 USD $14.57 Buy It Now 27 days
JIMI HENDRIX LIVE AT WOODSTOCK VHS TAPE LIKE NEW CONDITION USD $4.50 Buy It Now 27 days
Jimi Hendrix Live at Woodstock DVD+CD 2 disc set USD $35.00 Buy It Now 28 days
JIMI HENDRIX**LIVE AT WOODSTOCK:DEFINITIVE COLL**2DVD USD $16.65 Buy It Now 28 days
Jimi Hendrix Live At Woodstock 2 DVD Collection Concert DVD USD $19.95 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy JIMI HENDRIX music online Buy JIMI HENDRIX & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for JIMI HENDRIX DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

JIMI HENDRIX Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(92%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(8%)

JIMI HENDRIX Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
5 stars As I have said in most of my Jimi's reviews, his band dis best experienced while playing live. When you can effectively SEE him, is just a gorgeous moment.

Of rock music. As simple as that.

In this respect, this double DVD set is AWSOME. Imagine that the band went on stage at approximately 9 AM on a monday morning while the festival should have been ended several hours before!

Since they were appointed to close the festival, Jimi didn't want to swap and really insist to be the last band to play at Woodstock. And what a performance it will be!

It is true that most of the attention in this filming is put into Jimi. All the way through. All the other actors are sort of second tiers, just there to back up the master. Which in a way was their job.

On the contrary of other major player of the festival (Cocker, The Who, Santana) Jimi didn't seem to be ''heavy loaded''. Especially if you consider the time of the day they played. As a devoted fan, I must agree that the many close ups are really gorgeous to watch to. It is a true pleasure each time I watch this fabulous set and the sublime dexterity of the man.

As being in my fifties, I once urged my son to look at how Jimi was great with only a guitar. He was HUGELY impressed, even if I couldn't convert him to a fan. But I was since I was twelve. As soon as the release of the original triple Woodstock album came out; of which the last fourteen minutes closed side six of this legendary soundtrack.

Jimi is rather happy, has a lot of fun on stage and the set he played with his band is just INCREDIBLE. Be aware though that I am biased. He really belongs to the very few of my musical heroes. He was such a marvellous guitar player.

I guess that almost no-one comes close. Neither prog nor rock guitar players. Just watch this performance to be convinced. A magical set, full of maestria.

When you consider that these images have been recorded in 1969, you have to take you hats off. Brilliant close-ups, great images of the god of the guitar play (even if some other players called themselves as such). Here was THE god of guitar, and still is IMVHHO.

It is only sufficient to watch to these Woodstock tapes to understand how great an artist he was. I have seen on stage most of the great ones on earth (Page, Blackmore, Hackett, Howe, Townsend). And I love them a whole a lot. But Jimi is just something from the other world and unmatched so far (and probably for ever).

I remember discussing with my father about playing guitar with his teeth (''Izabella''). He told me: ''just plat it with your hands''. He was not wrong, but he never saw Jimi played on tape. I did. And I will always do. You should really have a look to this brilliant set.

The closer you come to the end of the first DVD, the more impressed you should be. As of the fantastic version of ''Voodoo Chile'' starts up to ''Hey Joe''. It is probably one of the best live moments I have ever lived in my life. What a glory to have them available some thirty years later!

If you want to have a deeper overview in terms of music, I wrote a description of the double CD release which memorizes this wonderful set.

As I have said, the history kicks out with an incredible version of ''Voodoo Chile''. One of his all time best. Represented here in a unique and wonderful version. The legend starts here IMVHHO. MEMORABLE.

VERY few live performances can compete with this one. It is unique. It is unmatched. It is Jimi.

He was very cool during this huge concert: only listen to the band intro during the wonderful verion of ''Voodoo Chile'': ''Before We Leave, let me just tell you the name of the group; It was our first little gig. Our name is ''The Sun & Rainbows'' but you can call us ''Band Of Gypsys''.

Another famous phrase of course is the next one: ''You can leave if you want, we are only jamming, that's all''. And what a jam follows my friends!!!!

The incredible version of ''Star Spangled Banner''. What a discussion item at the time: the sound of the bombings on Vietnam coming out of Jimi's guitar! These are moments which can only speak to a certain generation to which I belong.

This is a huge set, I told you. The best from the master as far as I am concerned.

There is a second DVD in his set. It is a black / white version of the whole set being shot in black and white. A great addition is the version of ''Hear my train A Coming''. I will describe this one a little later. When time allows.

As such, this Woodstock concert is phenomenal. My fave of the big man of all times. On op of it , images remain from this legendary set. I guess that you got the picture: five spangled stars. This is a UNIQUE recording. I can only recommend you to get it, listen to it, watch it. And potentially review it as I did.

Five stars of course.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#211880) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 20, 2009

4 stars Now this is my favorite of the Jimi film experiences! What can you really say about one of the most landmark performances by a musical artist? Unlike his later Isle of Wight, where the ravages of touring and drugs were pushing him over the edge, Jimi is in fine form here. Despite the rain delays ... (read more)

Report this review (#211676) | Posted by marktheshark | Saturday, April 18, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of JIMI HENDRIX "Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock"