JIMI HENDRIX - LIVE AT WOODSTOCK

5. Foxey Lady
6. Jam Back At The House
7. Izabella
8. Fire
9. Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
10. Star Spangled Banner
11. Purple Haze
12. Woodstock Improvisation
13. Villanova Junction
14. Hey Joe
15. The Road To Woodstock: New documentary directed by Bob Smeaton featuring new interviews with Hendrix band members Mitch Mitchell, Billy Cox, Juma Sultan, and Larry Lee, engineer Eddie Kramer, and Woodstock promoter Michael Lang among others.

DISC TWO: Jimi Hendrix: Live At Woodstock: A Second Look
1. Message To Love
2. Hear My Train A Comin'
3. Spanish Castle Magic
4. Red House
5. Lover Man
6. Foxey Lady
7. Jam Back At The House
8. Izabella
9. Fire
10. Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
11. Star Spangled Banner
12. Purple Haze
13. Woodstock Improvisation
14. Villanova Junction
15. Hey Joe
16. Jimi Hendrix Press Conference: Color film footage of never before seen Jimi Hendrix press conference held September 3, 1969 at Frank's Restaurant in Harlem. Hendrix answers questions about his Woodstock festival performance, his rendition of the Star Spangled Banner and the festival's cultural impact.

Search JIMI HENDRIX Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock lyrics

Search JIMI HENDRIX Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock tabs

- Jimi Hendrix / lead guitar, vocals
- Mitch Mitchell / drums
- Billy Cox / bass guitar
- Larry Lee / rhythm guitar
- Juma Sultan / percussion
- Jerry Velez / percussion

A comprehensive look at Jimi's landmark performance at the famed festival. Contains all available footage from the documentary with different angles along with some featurettes.

Thanks to marktheshark for the addition

JIMI HENDRIX MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JIMI HENDRIX Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Rainbow BridgeRainbow Bridge
The Cry Of LoveThe Cry Of Love
Legacy 2014
Experience Hendrix: The Best of Jimi HendrixExperience Hendrix: The Best of Jimi Hendrix
Sony Legacy 2010
Band of GypsysBand of Gypsys
Remastered
Capitol / Experience Hendrix 1998
Rainbow Bridge (Vinyl)Rainbow Bridge (Vinyl)
Vinyl$22.99
Are You Experienced (Vinyl)Are You Experienced (Vinyl)
Sony Legacy 2010
Vinyl$12.46
BluesBlues
Sony Legacy 2014
Japan LD Jimi Hendrix & Otis Redding Monterey 1967 Rare US $28.70 Buy It Now 40m 37s
Jimi Hendrix: Voodoo Child West coast seattle bay (DVD, 2010) NEW region all US $9.99 [0 bids]
52m 6s
Jimi Hendrix The Dick Cavett Show Dvd Video Rare Promo Advance 2011 US $19.99 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix - The Dick Cavett Show (DVD, 2011) US $7.49 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Jimi Hendrix - Blue Wild Angel: Jimi Hendrix (NEW DVD) CD US $14.26 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Warner Reprice 1990 JIMI HENDRIX PLAYS BERKLEY May 1970 Live VHS Tape US $9.99 [0 bids]
Japan LD Beat-Club Vol.1 Guitar Heroes Jimi Hendrix, SANTANA, BB.King New Sealed US $34.70 Buy It Now 2h 42m
JIMI HENDRIX LIVE AT WOODSTOCK & LOT OF 20 BLU-RAY MATRIX, PACIFIC RIM, RIDDICK US $41.00 [12 bids]
JIMI HENDRIX DVD MUSIC LOVE AT MONTEREY MADE IN ASIA US $9.66 Buy It Now 4h 56m
JIMI HENDRIX Feedback CD/DVD NEW US $17.84 Buy It Now 6h 4m
Jimi Hendrix - Live At Woodstock VHS Movie US $8.95 Buy It Now 6h 53m
JIMI HENDRIX PLAYS MONTEREY VHS with Denny Dent Art Attack intro! US $2.99 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix Plays Berkeley Live Laserdisc US $8.95 Buy It Now 7h 54m
JIMI HENDRIX - VOODOO CHILD NEW BLURAY US $30.56 Buy It Now 8h 54m
JIMI HENDRIX - JIMI PLAYS BERKELEY NEW BLURAY US $30.56 Buy It Now 10h 23m
My Dinner With Jimi (hendrix) - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $16.19 Buy It Now 15h 12m
Jimi Hendrix: Live at Woodstock (Definitive Blu-ray Collection) = NEW Blu-Ray Re US $21.41 Buy It Now 15h 40m
Classic Albums - The Jimi Hendrix Experience: Electric Ladyland (DVD, 2005) US $2.25 [3 bids]
Jimi Hendrix - Feedback (DVD, 2007) US $4.27 Buy It Now 18h 16m
Jimi Hendrix: Last 24 Hours (DVD, 2007) US $3.32 Buy It Now 18h 18m
Jimi Hendrix: The Dick Cavett Show - Digital Versatile Disc (DVD) Region 1 Brand US $16.58 Buy It Now 18h 49m
Best Of Beat Beat Beat Jimi Hendrix Alan Price Set Equals Manfred Mann MoveVHS V US $5.99 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix - Documentary -Beta Hi-Fi - Videotape -1984 -103 minutes -Joe Boyd US $4.99 [0 bids]
jimi Hendrix lot (3) vhs - Isle Of Wight,woodstock,band Of Gypsys US $9.95 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix - Live at the Isle of Wight 1970 (VHS, 1996) US $4.00 [0 bids]
1997 Jimi Hendrix Electric Ladyland Classic Albums VHS Video Tape (Q12)(MC) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JIMI HENDRIX LIVE AT WOODSTOCK VHS MINT NEW SEALED US $5.00 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix Experience: Learn to Play the Songs From Are You DVD US $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix Rare Betamax Video Tape Documentary Hard to Find Warner Bros US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MONTEREY POP D.A. Pennebaker VHS Jimi Hendrix Janis Joplin The Who Animals US $3.99 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix (DVD, 2005, Deluxe Edition) US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix Live at the Isle of Wight BLU-RAY SEALED US $5.00 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock (DVD, 2005, 2-Disc ... US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix: Live At The Isle Of Wight (1970) New Sealed DVD US $3.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix - Blue Wild Angel: Live at the Isle of Wight (DVD, 2002) US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix (DVD, 1999, Anamorphic Windowboxed) US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
JIMI HENDRIX - BLUE WILD ANGEL: JIMI HENDRIX LIVE AT THE ISLE OF NEW BLURAY US $30.56 Buy It Now 1 day
JIMI HENDRIX [DVD] [DELUXE EDITION] - NEW DVD US $12.25 Buy It Now 1 day
JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE - LIVE AT MONTEREY - NEW DVD US $18.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix : Woodstock Laser Disc 1994 NM US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
A FILM ABOUT JIMI HENDRIX DELUXE EDITION DVD LIKE NEW NEVER VIEWED MUSIC US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix: Hear My Train a Comin' (DVD, 2013) US $0.99 [1 bids]
Monterey Pop Festival 1967 (VHS) Janis Joplin Jimi Hendrix Jefferson Airplane US $2.99 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix (VHS, 1973) US $2.99 [0 bids]
JIMI HENDRIX-LIVE AT WOODSTOCK FESTIVAL 1969-VHS TAPE US $6.25 Buy It Now 1 day
JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE & BIG BROTHER & THE HOLDING TANK VINYL ALBUMS 12" US $10.00 [0 bids]
JIMI HENDRIX "LIVE AT THE ISLE OF WIGHT 1970" VHS 1996 US $4.30 Buy It Now 1 day
JIMI HENDRIX "RAINBOW BRIDGE" VHS 1990 US $4.25 Buy It Now 1 day
JIMI HENDRIX "LIVE AT WOODSTOCK" VHS 1999 US $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
JIMI HENDRIX "LIVE AT MONTEREY" VHS 1986 US $4.20 Buy It Now 1 day
JIMI HENDRIX "BAND OF GYPSYS" VHS 1999 US $5.30 Buy It Now 1 day
JIMI HENDRIX New 2014 TRAIN A COMIN BLU RAY w UNRELEASED LIVE FOOTAGE US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix -Live at the Fillmore East (DVD, 1999) US $5.00 [0 bids]
Classic Albums DVD - The Jimi Hendrix Experience: Electric Ladyland (DVD, 1999) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Jimi Plays Berkeley DVD, 2003 Jimi Hendrix music US $26.99 Buy It Now 2 days
lot of 1 new vhs 1 used vhs 1 dvd new jimi hendrix US $20.00 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix - Live in Monterey, 1967 (VHS, 1989) US $8.00 [0 bids]
JIMI HENDRIX - JOHNNY B GOODE - 1985 VHS US $13.37 Buy It Now 2 days
Lot of 2 Jimi Hendrix VHS Jimi Plays Berkeley May 1970 + Experience US $6.99 [0 bids]
Blue Wild Angel:jimi Hendrix Live At - Blu-Ray Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $27.98 Buy It Now 2 days
BLUE WILD ANGEL JIMI HENDRIX LIVE AT THE ISLE OF WRIGHT DVD NEW US $12.89 Buy It Now 2 days
JIMI (HENDRIX) PLAYS THE GREAT POP FESTIVALS - 1967-1970 - Japan Import US $45.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Jimi Hendrix: Band of Gypsies - Live at the Fillmore DVD US $5.00 [0 bids]
JIMI HENDRIX LIVE AT RAINBOW BRIDGE VERY RARE VHS 1982 US $6.99 [1 bids]
Jimi Hendrix Live At the Isle Of Wight (DVD) Korean R0 US $4.95 [0 bids]
Experience Jimi Hendrix VHS 1960s rock music documentary live performances RARE US $8.99 [0 bids]
DOMINOES LD Crosby Stills Nash & Young CSNY Van Morrison David Peel Jimi Hendrix US $53.94 Buy It Now 2 days
JIMI HENDRIX - SMASH HITS NEW DVD US $24.70 Buy It Now 2 days
RARE VHS JIMI HENDRIX THE DICK CAVETT SHOW US $11.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Jimi Hendrix Live at the Fillmore East VHS + Jimi Hendrix Bio.Film VHS BOTH VHS US $9.99 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix Jimi Plays Monterey VHS Movie 1987 US $19.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Jimi Hendrix Blue Wild Angel Live at the Isle of Wight DVD 2002 US $11.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Woodstock Widescreen Directors cut Jimi Hendrix Joplin VHS Brand NEW 2 tape set. US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Jimi Hendrix VHS Lot: Band of Gypsies, At Woodstock, Experience US $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock (DVD, 2005, 2-Disc Set, Special Edition) US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Jimi Hendrix DVD- Videobiography (DVD, 2007) NOT CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Jimi Hendrix: Experience (DVD, 2001) US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Jimi Hendrix Live at Woodstock DVD+CD 2 disc set US $35.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock US $5.97 Buy It Now 2 days
JIMI HENDRIX**LIVE AT WOODSTOCK:DEFINITIVE COLL**2DVD US $16.65 Buy It Now 2 days
JIMI HENDRIX**WEST COAST SEATTLE BOY:VOODOO CHILD**DVD US $16.65 Buy It Now 2 days
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock (DVD, 2005, 2-Disc Set, Special Edition) US $15.00 [0 bids]
JIMI HENDRIX**BLUE WILD ANGEL: ISLE OF WIGHT**DVD US $16.65 Buy It Now 2 days
JIMI HENDRIX**VOODOO CHILD: WEST COAST SEATTLE BOY**BLU-RAY DISC US $22.20 Buy It Now 2 days
JIMI HENDRIX**BAND OF GYPSYS:LIVE@FILLMORE EAST**DVD US $16.65 Buy It Now 2 days
e339 Japan Laserdisc WOODSTOCK 3day of peace, music...and love Jimi Hendrix ? US $34.20 Buy It Now 3 days
Jimi Hendrix - The Uncut Story,DVD, Episode one only! Free shipping US $3.98 Buy It Now 3 days
MONTEREY POP LD Criterion Collection 43 Bonus Disc Jimi Hendrix Live At Monterey US $20.00 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix: Live At The Isle Of Wight (1970) DVD US $3.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Jimi Hendrix - Jimi Hendrix 1973 VHS documentary live concert footage interviews US $6.74 Buy It Now 3 days
JIMI HENDRIX Hear My Train A Comin' BLU-RAY with 5.1 SURROUND SOUND MASTER AUDIO US $26.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Lead Guitar Lessons DVD Course w/ Style of Jimi Hendrix AC/DC Dire Straits US $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Jimi Hendrix (DVD, 2005, Deluxe Edition) US $12.31 Buy It Now 3 days
Jimi Hendrix 3 DVD concert, new , excellent,special long jewel case US $42.00 Buy It Now 3 days
JIMI HENDRIX LIVE AT WOODSTOCK..DEFINITIVE 2 DVD COLLECTION NEW US $17.84 Buy It Now 3 days
Acc, Jimi Hendrix: Rainbow Bridge [VHS], Paul Gebauer, Herbie Fletcher, B, Chuck US $6.15 Buy It Now 3 days
Jimi Hendrix (VHS, 1995) Rockumentary Tribute WB US $2.95 Buy It Now 3 days
JIMI HENDRIX Starlicks Master Sessions INSTRUCTIONAL GUITAR VHS VIDEO US $9.95 Buy It Now 3 days
JIMI HENDRIX**EXPERIENCE HENDRIX**DVD US $19.54 Buy It Now 3 days
JIMI HENDRIX**1970: PLAYS BERKELEY COMMUNITY THEATER**BLU-RAY DISC US $22.20 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy JIMI HENDRIX music online Buy JIMI HENDRIX & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for JIMI HENDRIX DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

JIMI HENDRIX Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(91%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(9%)

JIMI HENDRIX Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
5 stars As I have said in most of my Jimi's reviews, his band dis best experienced while playing live. When you can effectively SEE him, is just a gorgeous moment.

Of rock music. As simple as that.

In this respect, this double DVD set is AWSOME. Imagine that the band went on stage at approximately 9 AM on a monday morning while the festival should have been ended several hours before!

Since they were appointed to close the festival, Jimi didn't want to swap and really insist to be the last band to play at Woodstock. And what a performance it will be!

It is true that most of the attention in this filming is put into Jimi. All the way through. All the other actors are sort of second tiers, just there to back up the master. Which in a way was their job.

On the contrary of other major player of the festival (Cocker, The Who, Santana) Jimi didn't seem to be ''heavy loaded''. Especially if you consider the time of the day they played. As a devoted fan, I must agree that the many close ups are really gorgeous to watch to. It is a true pleasure each time I watch this fabulous set and the sublime dexterity of the man.

As being in my fifties, I once urged my son to look at how Jimi was great with only a guitar. He was HUGELY impressed, even if I couldn't convert him to a fan. But I was since I was twelve. As soon as the release of the original triple Woodstock album came out; of which the last fourteen minutes closed side six of this legendary soundtrack.

Jimi is rather happy, has a lot of fun on stage and the set he played with his band is just INCREDIBLE. Be aware though that I am biased. He really belongs to the very few of my musical heroes. He was such a marvellous guitar player.

I guess that almost no-one comes close. Neither prog nor rock guitar players. Just watch this performance to be convinced. A magical set, full of maestria.

When you consider that these images have been recorded in 1969, you have to take you hats off. Brilliant close-ups, great images of the god of the guitar play (even if some other players called themselves as such). Here was THE god of guitar, and still is IMVHHO.

It is only sufficient to watch to these Woodstock tapes to understand how great an artist he was. I have seen on stage most of the great ones on earth (Page, Blackmore, Hackett, Howe, Townsend). And I love them a whole a lot. But Jimi is just something from the other world and unmatched so far (and probably for ever).

I remember discussing with my father about playing guitar with his teeth (''Izabella''). He told me: ''just plat it with your hands''. He was not wrong, but he never saw Jimi played on tape. I did. And I will always do. You should really have a look to this brilliant set.

The closer you come to the end of the first DVD, the more impressed you should be. As of the fantastic version of ''Voodoo Chile'' starts up to ''Hey Joe''. It is probably one of the best live moments I have ever lived in my life. What a glory to have them available some thirty years later!

If you want to have a deeper overview in terms of music, I wrote a description of the double CD release which memorizes this wonderful set.

As I have said, the history kicks out with an incredible version of ''Voodoo Chile''. One of his all time best. Represented here in a unique and wonderful version. The legend starts here IMVHHO. MEMORABLE.

VERY few live performances can compete with this one. It is unique. It is unmatched. It is Jimi.

He was very cool during this huge concert: only listen to the band intro during the wonderful verion of ''Voodoo Chile'': ''Before We Leave, let me just tell you the name of the group; It was our first little gig. Our name is ''The Sun & Rainbows'' but you can call us ''Band Of Gypsys''.

Another famous phrase of course is the next one: ''You can leave if you want, we are only jamming, that's all''. And what a jam follows my friends!!!!

The incredible version of ''Star Spangled Banner''. What a discussion item at the time: the sound of the bombings on Vietnam coming out of Jimi's guitar! These are moments which can only speak to a certain generation to which I belong.

This is a huge set, I told you. The best from the master as far as I am concerned.

There is a second DVD in his set. It is a black / white version of the whole set being shot in black and white. A great addition is the version of ''Hear my train A Coming''. I will describe this one a little later. When time allows.

As such, this Woodstock concert is phenomenal. My fave of the big man of all times. On op of it , images remain from this legendary set. I guess that you got the picture: five spangled stars. This is a UNIQUE recording. I can only recommend you to get it, listen to it, watch it. And potentially review it as I did.

Five stars of course.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#211880) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 20, 2009

4 stars Now this is my favorite of the Jimi film experiences! What can you really say about one of the most landmark performances by a musical artist? Unlike his later Isle of Wight, where the ravages of touring and drugs were pushing him over the edge, Jimi is in fine form here. Despite the rain delays ... (read more)

Report this review (#211676) | Posted by marktheshark | Saturday, April 18, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of JIMI HENDRIX "Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock"