JIMI HENDRIX - LIVE AT WOODSTOCK

5. Foxey Lady
6. Jam Back At The House
7. Izabella
8. Fire
9. Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
10. Star Spangled Banner
11. Purple Haze
12. Woodstock Improvisation
13. Villanova Junction
14. Hey Joe
15. The Road To Woodstock: New documentary directed by Bob Smeaton featuring new interviews with Hendrix band members Mitch Mitchell, Billy Cox, Juma Sultan, and Larry Lee, engineer Eddie Kramer, and Woodstock promoter Michael Lang among others.

DISC TWO: Jimi Hendrix: Live At Woodstock: A Second Look
1. Message To Love
2. Hear My Train A Comin'
3. Spanish Castle Magic
4. Red House
5. Lover Man
6. Foxey Lady
7. Jam Back At The House
8. Izabella
9. Fire
10. Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
11. Star Spangled Banner
12. Purple Haze
13. Woodstock Improvisation
14. Villanova Junction
15. Hey Joe
16. Jimi Hendrix Press Conference: Color film footage of never before seen Jimi Hendrix press conference held September 3, 1969 at Frank's Restaurant in Harlem. Hendrix answers questions about his Woodstock festival performance, his rendition of the Star Spangled Banner and the festival's cultural impact.

Search JIMI HENDRIX Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock lyrics

Search JIMI HENDRIX Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock tabs

- Jimi Hendrix / lead guitar, vocals
- Mitch Mitchell / drums
- Billy Cox / bass guitar
- Larry Lee / rhythm guitar
- Juma Sultan / percussion
- Jerry Velez / percussion

A comprehensive look at Jimi's landmark performance at the famed festival. Contains all available footage from the documentary with different angles along with some featurettes.

Thanks to marktheshark for the addition

JIMI HENDRIX MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JIMI HENDRIX Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Experience Hendrix: The Best of Jimi HendrixExperience Hendrix: The Best of Jimi Hendrix
Band of GypsysBand of Gypsys
Remastered
Capitol / Experience Hendrix 1998
Are You Experienced (Vinyl)Are You Experienced (Vinyl)
Vinyl$12.66
People, Hell & AngelsPeople, Hell & Angels
Legacy 2013
Valleys Of NeptuneValleys Of Neptune
Jimi Hendrix Experience Box SetJimi Hendrix Experience Box Set
Box set
Sony Legacy 2013
THE DOORS THE BEST OF VHS & JIMI HENDRIX DVD BAND OF GYPSYS SET OF 2 CLASSIC ROC US $0.99 [0 bids]
Lot 2 Jimi Hendrix DVDs Plays Berkeley Theater 1970 & Rocumentary MINT US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 21m
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)The Who, Jimi Hendrix, Santana US $18.49 [5 bids]
Jimi Hendrix - The Last 24 Hours (DVD, 2004) NEW Free Shipping US $8.46 Buy It Now 5h 41m
GUITAR WORLD DVD - How To Play The Jimi Hendrix Experience's Axis: Bold As Love US $12.50 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix (Lot of 2) VHS Tapes US $14.99 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock (DVD, 2005, 2-Disc Set, Special Edition) US $0.99 [1 bids]
JIMI HENDRIX - LIVE AT MONTEREY [DVD] - NEW DVD US $12.90 Buy It Now 7h 26m
Jimi Hendrix Documentary VHS US $7.00 Buy It Now 8h 3m
Jimi Hendrix - Blue Wild Angel: Live at the Isle of Wight [DVD, 2002] US $10.47 Buy It Now 8h 20m
Jimi Hendrix - The Last 24 Hours (DVD) US $7.99 Buy It Now 9h 20m
VHS Classic Rock 6 Pack--Jimi Hendrix (3), The Doors (2), and Ted Nugent--NICE! US $5.99 [0 bids]
Hendrix J-Jimi Hendrix-Dick Cavett Show US $9.93 Buy It Now 11h 21m
Jimi Hendrix...vhs US $40.00 Buy It Now 11h 26m
Jimi Hendrix: The Guitar Hero (DVD, 2010) US $4.95 Buy It Now 12h 17m
Jimi Hendrix - Live At Monterey (Blu-ray Disc, 2008) US $15.42 Buy It Now 12h 48m
Jimi Hendrix - 3D Album Cover 'Are you Experienced?' by McFarlane US $27.88 Buy It Now 13h 8m
JIMI HENDRIX Blue Wild Angel Live At The Isle Of Wight DVD NEW US $15.78 Buy It Now 13h 9m
Jimi Hendrix - The Uncut Story, Good DVD, Jimi Hendrix, Dave Fennoy, Steven Vosb US $9.98 Buy It Now 13h 23m
1997 Jimi Hendrix Electric Ladyland Classic Albums VHS Video Tape (M3)(MC) US $4.99 Buy It Now 14h 45m
Jimi Hendrix - Mint Dvd's US $64.00 [0 bids]
LD Jimi Hendrix - At the Isle of Wight Obi Japan w/ Shrink + sheet Laser Disc US $42.50 Buy It Now 17h 49m
JIMI HENDRIX Videobiography DVD NEW/SEALED US $6.17 Buy It Now 18h 5m
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock (DVD, 2005, 2-Disc Set, Special Edition) US $10.00 Buy It Now 18h 5m
Jimi Hendrix - 1 x 35mm Slide Mounted Film Cell Movie Memorabilia US $4.65 Buy It Now 18h 47m
Jimi Hendrix - Hair Splatter Poster by Impact Posters US $11.15 Buy It Now 19h 45m
Jimi Hendrix - Axis: Bold As Love Poster by Impact Posters US $11.15 Buy It Now 20h 18m
HENDRIX,JIMI-JIMI HENDRIX:DICK CAVETT SHOW DVD NEW US $14.30 Buy It Now 22h
Jimi Hendrix Rainbow Bridge New DVD R4 US $18.55 Buy It Now 1 day
QUICK LICKS: JIMI HENDRIX S...-QUICK LICKS: JIMI HENDRIX SLOW BLUES ... DVD NEW US $17.19 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix Rainbow Bridge DVD US $39.99 [0 bids]
HARD N HEAVY VOLUME 3; VHS 1989 MPI; Jimi Hendrix Laaz Rockit Jane's Addiction US $19.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock (DVD, 2005, 2-Disc Set, Special Edition) US $22.00 Buy It Now 1 day
JIMI HENDRIX New Sealed 2014 TRAIN A COMIN DVD w UNRELEASED LIVE FOOTAGE US $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix - Live at the Isle of Wight 1970 (VHS, 1996 BOX) US $4.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Classic Albums - The Jimi Hendrix Experience: Electric Ladyland (DVD, 1999) US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix...vhs. US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock & HENDRIX (2 VHS) US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
KISSOLOGY 3 Volume Set, KISS CHRONICLES 3 CD Set, Jimi Hendrix Live At Woodstock US $70.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix...vhs. US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock (DVD, 2005, 2-Disc Set, Special Edition) US $12.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix VHS Tape - Hendrix Band of Gypsys Live at the Fillmore East US $6.99 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix: Band of Gypsies - Live at the Fillmore (DVD, 2011) US $8.42 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix - Documentary -Beta Hi-Fi - Videotape -1984 -103 minutes -Joe Boyd US $4.99 [0 bids]
JIMI HENDRIX RAINBOW BRIDGE THE MOVIE LASERDISC New & Sealed US $82.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix - Experience VHS (still sealed) US $14.99 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix - Rockumentary 1973 VHS (Clam Shell Case) US $3.99 [0 bids]
e584 Japan Laserdisc Brand New WOODSTOCK 1969.8.17 JIMI HENDRIX ? US $24.80 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix:guitar Hero - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $20.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix VHS 5 tapes Excellent condition US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix:deluxe Edition - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $18.73 Buy It Now 1 day
RARE BETAMAX Beta Max A Film About Jimi Hendrix 1973 Rockumentary Movie Color US $24.95 Buy It Now 1 day
DVD jimi hendrix live at the isle of wight 1970 US $13.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix - Jimi (Dvd/Ff/3 Disc) (2004) - New - Digital Video Disc US $7.48 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix - Jimi Plays Berkeley (2012) - New - Digital Video Disc US $10.45 Buy It Now 1 day
JIMI HENDRIX : WOODSTOCK VERY RARE LASER DISC LASERDISC US $9.99 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin (2013) - New - Digital Video Disc US $11.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix - Band Of Gypsys Live (2011) - New - Digital Video Disc US $10.45 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimi Hendrix Jimi Plays Berkeley Blu-ray US $16.69 Buy It Now 1 day
e0051 Japan Laserdisc Jimi Hendrix Alive On Live ? US $29.70 Buy It Now 1 day
JIMI HENDRIX Smoking - -Licensed POSTER-90cm x 60cm-Brand New US $11.11 Buy It Now 1 day
JIMI HENDRIX PURPLE HAZE -Licensed POSTER-90cm x 60cm-Brand New US $11.11 Buy It Now 1 day
JIMI HENDRIX GUITAR LYRICS -Licensed POSTER-90cm x 60cm-Brand New US $11.11 Buy It Now 1 day
JIMI HENDRIX BLACK & WHITE GUITAR-Licensed POSTER-90cm x 60cm-Brand New US $11.11 Buy It Now 1 day
JIMI HENDRIX BLACK & WHITE Portrait-Licensed POSTER-90cm x 60cm-Brand New US $11.11 Buy It Now 1 day
JIMI HENDRIX-Red Portrait-Licensed POSTER-90cm x 60cm-Brand New US $10.18 Buy It Now 1 day
DVD DOCUMENTARY ELECTRIC LADYLAND THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPE US $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Jimi Hendrix: Videobiography, DVD, Jimi Hendrix, US $11.38 Buy It Now 2 days
The Jimi Hendrix Experience: Live at Monterey (Definitive Blu-Ray Edition) - BLR US $26.78 Buy It Now 2 days
Guitar World: How To Play The Jimi Hendrix Experience's Axis: Bold As Love... US $7.00 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix "Rainbow Bridge" (VHS, 1995) US $1.24 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix "Live at the Fillmore East" (VHS, 1999) US $1.24 [0 bids]
JIMI HENDRIX-RAINBOW BRIDGE USED LASERDISC 014381672763 US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music, New DVD, The Who, Jimi Hendrix, Santana, Mic US $51.19 Buy It Now 2 days
JIMI HENDRIX "Experience" DVD NEW US $6.90 Buy It Now 2 days
Jimi Hendrix: Jimi Plays Berkeley - Blu-ray Disc (Blu-ray) Region B Brand New Fr US $27.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Jimi Hendrix - Live At Monterey (DVD, 2007) US $5.99 [1 bids]
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock MINT DVD, 2005, 2-Disc Set, Special Edition) US $12.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Jimi Hendrix - The Last 24 Hours (DVD) US $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
2 LASERDISC SET - JIMI HENDRIX RAINBOW BRIDGE-RARE COVER ART US $29.99 [0 bids]
Film Cell Bookmark 35mm - Jimi Hendrix Movie Memorabilia Gift RARE US $8.37 Buy It Now 2 days
Jimi Hendrix - Experience - DVD US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
JIMI HENDRIX PLAYS MONTEREY VHS with Denny Dent Art Attack intro! US $3.99 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix - Live At Monterey DVD BluRay US $22.45 Buy It Now 2 days
Jimi Hendrix - Blue Wild Angel: Live at the Isle of Wight (DVD, 2002) US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Jimi Hendrix (DVD, 1999, Anamorphic Windowboxed) US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE & BIG BROTHER & THE HOLDING TANK VINYL ALBUMS 12" US $10.00 [0 bids]
MONTEREY POP D.A. Pennebaker VHS Jimi Hendrix Janis Joplin The Who Animals US $4.99 [0 bids]
LD Jimi Hendrix | Jimi Plays Berkeley Obi insert Laser Disc LD Japan Psych Rock US $17.00 [0 bids]
LD Jimi Hendrix | Super Live Obi insert Laser Disc LD Japan issue Psych Rock US $24.00 [0 bids]
LD Jimi Hendrix | At the Isle of Wight Obi insert Laser Disc LD Japan Psych Rock US $24.00 [0 bids]
JIMI HENDRIX**HEAR MY TRAIN A COMIN'**BLU-RAY US $20.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Jimi Hendrix - The Last 24 Hours (DVD, Canadian) FREE SHIPPING TO CANADA / USA US $6.99 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix - Blue Wild Angel: Live at the Isle of Wight (DVD, 2002) US $7.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Jimi Hendrix Jimi Plays Berkeley DVD US $8.35 Buy It Now 2 days
World's Greatest Albums: Jimi Hendrix Smash Hits DVD US $12.42 Buy It Now 2 days
JIMI HENDRIX - VIDEOBIOGRAPHY - NEW DVD US $14.70 Buy It Now 2 days
VHS JIMI HENDRIX LIVE AT MONTEREY 1986 US $4.79 [0 bids]
New Factory Sealed Jimi Hendrix Live At The Isle Of Wight 1970 VHS Video US $14.95 [0 bids]
Jimi Hendrix - Blue Wild Angel: Live at the Isle of Wight (DVD, 2002) US $16.99 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy JIMI HENDRIX music online Buy JIMI HENDRIX & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for JIMI HENDRIX DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

JIMI HENDRIX Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(91%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(9%)

JIMI HENDRIX Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
5 stars As I have said in most of my Jimi's reviews, his band dis best experienced while playing live. When you can effectively SEE him, is just a gorgeous moment.

Of rock music. As simple as that.

In this respect, this double DVD set is AWSOME. Imagine that the band went on stage at approximately 9 AM on a monday morning while the festival should have been ended several hours before!

Since they were appointed to close the festival, Jimi didn't want to swap and really insist to be the last band to play at Woodstock. And what a performance it will be!

It is true that most of the attention in this filming is put into Jimi. All the way through. All the other actors are sort of second tiers, just there to back up the master. Which in a way was their job.

On the contrary of other major player of the festival (Cocker, The Who, Santana) Jimi didn't seem to be ''heavy loaded''. Especially if you consider the time of the day they played. As a devoted fan, I must agree that the many close ups are really gorgeous to watch to. It is a true pleasure each time I watch this fabulous set and the sublime dexterity of the man.

As being in my fifties, I once urged my son to look at how Jimi was great with only a guitar. He was HUGELY impressed, even if I couldn't convert him to a fan. But I was since I was twelve. As soon as the release of the original triple Woodstock album came out; of which the last fourteen minutes closed side six of this legendary soundtrack.

Jimi is rather happy, has a lot of fun on stage and the set he played with his band is just INCREDIBLE. Be aware though that I am biased. He really belongs to the very few of my musical heroes. He was such a marvellous guitar player.

I guess that almost no-one comes close. Neither prog nor rock guitar players. Just watch this performance to be convinced. A magical set, full of maestria.

When you consider that these images have been recorded in 1969, you have to take you hats off. Brilliant close-ups, great images of the god of the guitar play (even if some other players called themselves as such). Here was THE god of guitar, and still is IMVHHO.

It is only sufficient to watch to these Woodstock tapes to understand how great an artist he was. I have seen on stage most of the great ones on earth (Page, Blackmore, Hackett, Howe, Townsend). And I love them a whole a lot. But Jimi is just something from the other world and unmatched so far (and probably for ever).

I remember discussing with my father about playing guitar with his teeth (''Izabella''). He told me: ''just plat it with your hands''. He was not wrong, but he never saw Jimi played on tape. I did. And I will always do. You should really have a look to this brilliant set.

The closer you come to the end of the first DVD, the more impressed you should be. As of the fantastic version of ''Voodoo Chile'' starts up to ''Hey Joe''. It is probably one of the best live moments I have ever lived in my life. What a glory to have them available some thirty years later!

If you want to have a deeper overview in terms of music, I wrote a description of the double CD release which memorizes this wonderful set.

As I have said, the history kicks out with an incredible version of ''Voodoo Chile''. One of his all time best. Represented here in a unique and wonderful version. The legend starts here IMVHHO. MEMORABLE.

VERY few live performances can compete with this one. It is unique. It is unmatched. It is Jimi.

He was very cool during this huge concert: only listen to the band intro during the wonderful verion of ''Voodoo Chile'': ''Before We Leave, let me just tell you the name of the group; It was our first little gig. Our name is ''The Sun & Rainbows'' but you can call us ''Band Of Gypsys''.

Another famous phrase of course is the next one: ''You can leave if you want, we are only jamming, that's all''. And what a jam follows my friends!!!!

The incredible version of ''Star Spangled Banner''. What a discussion item at the time: the sound of the bombings on Vietnam coming out of Jimi's guitar! These are moments which can only speak to a certain generation to which I belong.

This is a huge set, I told you. The best from the master as far as I am concerned.

There is a second DVD in his set. It is a black / white version of the whole set being shot in black and white. A great addition is the version of ''Hear my train A Coming''. I will describe this one a little later. When time allows.

As such, this Woodstock concert is phenomenal. My fave of the big man of all times. On op of it , images remain from this legendary set. I guess that you got the picture: five spangled stars. This is a UNIQUE recording. I can only recommend you to get it, listen to it, watch it. And potentially review it as I did.

Five stars of course.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#211880) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 20, 2009

4 stars Now this is my favorite of the Jimi film experiences! What can you really say about one of the most landmark performances by a musical artist? Unlike his later Isle of Wight, where the ravages of touring and drugs were pushing him over the edge, Jimi is in fine form here. Despite the rain delays ... (read more)

Report this review (#211676) | Posted by marktheshark | Saturday, April 18, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of JIMI HENDRIX "Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock"