SBB

SBB Follow My Dream album cover

Buy SBB Music
Studio Album, released in 1978

Going Away: (24:09)
1. Freedom With Us (8:12)
2. 3rd Reanimation (6:13)
3. Going Away (6:36)
4. (Żywiec) Mountain Melody (3:08)

Follow My Dream: (22:16)
5. Wake Up (5:02)
6. In The Cradle of Your Hands (2:46)
7. Growin' (6:18)
8. Follow My Dream (8:10)

Bonus tracks (CD):
9. Królewskie marzenie (6:41)
10. Wiosenne chimery (15:54)
11. Dla przyjaciół (7:09)

Total time without bonuses: 46:25

Total time with bonuses: 76:09

Search SBB Follow My Dream lyrics

Search SBB Follow My Dream tabs

- Józef Skrzek / keyboards, harmonica, vocals
- Antymos Apostolis / guitar
- Jerzy Piotrowski / drums

LP Spiegelei-Intercord - INT 160.611 (1978)
CD Stuff - S-005 (1992)
CD KOCH International - 33719-2 (1997)
CD Metal Mind Productions - MMP CD 0326 (2004) (released as a part of "Anthology 1974-2004" box set, with bonus tracks)

and to Joolz for the last updates

SBB MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SBB Follow My Dream Music

Iron Curtain/Memento Z Banalnym Tryptykiem: Special EditionIron Curtain/Memento Z Banalnym Tryptykiem: Special Edition
Special Edition
Indie Europe/Zoom 2008
WelcomeWelcome
The RockThe Rock
Metal Mind 2008
2014 remaster SBB NOWY HORYZONT JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD US $38.50 Buy It Now 5h 15m
2014 remaster SBB PAMIEC JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD WITH BONUS TRACK US $38.50 Buy It Now 5h 16m
Nastroje/Ze Slowem Biegne Do Ciebie - Sbb New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shippin US $23.22 Buy It Now 23h 16m
Fritz Wunderlich(2x12" Vinyl LP Gatefold)Close Up-Angel-SBB 375-US-VG/Ex US $14.34 Buy It Now 1 day
SBB-3,pamiec. Polish rock progr. US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SBB - Pamiec - Polish Prog Rock US $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Lawrence Welk Favorites Cassette Unopened NEW C1SBB10 US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
JACQUELINE DU PRE DANIEL BARENBOIM close up 2 LP VG+ SBB 3749 Vinyl Record US $17.55 Buy It Now 2 days
SBB JAPAN 5 titles Mini LP SHM-CD SS + PROMO BOX SET US $229.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Sbb - Live 1993 [CD New] US $19.88 Buy It Now 2 days
SBB-Nowy Horyzont Polish prog psych Japanese mini lp SHM-CD US $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SBB-Pamiec Polish prog psych Japanese mini lp SHM-CD US $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SBB-Wolani o Brzek Szkla Polish prog psych Japanese mini lp SHM-CD US $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SBB-Ze Slowem Biegne do Ciebie Polish prog psych Japanese mini lp SHM-CD US $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SBB - IRON CURTAIN NEW CD US $19.19 Buy It Now 3 days
SBB - BLUE TRANCE - BONUS TRACKS (LTD) (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $21.39 Buy It Now 3 days
Sbb - Behind The Iron Curtain CD US $19.81 Buy It Now 3 days
Sbb - Blue Trance CD US $18.18 Buy It Now 3 days
Sbb - Iron Curtain CD METAL MIN2 US $16.68 Buy It Now 3 days
Sbb CD US $18.18 Buy It Now 3 days
Sbb - Iron Curtain CD US $18.18 Buy It Now 3 days
Sbb - Nastroje/Ze Slowem Biegne Do Ciebie CD US $18.53 Buy It Now 3 days
SBB - BEHIND THE IRON CURTAIN (LTD) NEW CD US $23.23 Buy It Now 3 days
SBB-Follow My Dream Polish prog cd US $21.99 Buy It Now 3 days
SBB self titled prog funky beats and sounds LP × listen × US $26.50 Buy It Now 3 days
SBB s/t FIRST 1974 POLAND fantastic PROG monster LP MUZA × listen × near mint US $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
SBB - Ze slowem 1977 POLAND fantastic prog LP MUZA 2 long track × listen × NM US $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
SBB -welcome.1979 Polish progr. US $16.00 Buy It Now 4 days
SBB - Memento Z Banalnym Tryptykiem - POLISH HEAVY PROG HARD ROCK US $20.00 [0 bids]
SBB - ROSKILDE 78 (24 BIT) (LTD) (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $21.39 Buy It Now 4 days
Fritz Wunderlich Close-Up, Opera / Operetta / Song...Angel SBB 3751 (2) stereo US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Sbb - W Filharmonii: Akt 1 Bonus Tracks Rmst Dig CD US $19.82 Buy It Now 5 days
Sbb - W Filharmonii: Akt 2 Bonus Tracks Rmst Dig CD US $19.82 Buy It Now 5 days
SBB - SBB [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $13.48 Buy It Now 5 days
SBB - ZE SLOWEM BIEGNE DO CIEBIE - MMPCDDG0323 US $19.72 Buy It Now 5 days
Roskilde - Sbb New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $23.22 Buy It Now 5 days
SBB W FILHARMONII AKT 1 1999 CD PINK FLOYD CAMEL GENESIS US $7.07 [0 bids]
SBB W FILHARMONII AKT 1999 2 CD PINK FLOYD CAMEL GENESIS US $7.07 [0 bids]
SBB LP CZECH PSYCH MOOG PROG ROCK SUPRAPHON US $9.99 [0 bids]
Sbb - Roskilde 78 CD US $18.18 Buy It Now 6 days
Sbb - Follow My Dream NEW CD US $16.46 Buy It Now 6 days
GRUPA SBB - 'GRUPA SBB' - Poland Muza LP - Progressive Funk Beatz - HEAR US $8.14 [0 bids]
SBB - 2 - Nowy Horyzont - Polish Prog Rock US $26.00 Buy It Now 6 days
GRUPA SBB self titled LP MUZA --- polish psych prog rock --- LISTEN US $20.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Holiday Traditions CD C1SBB7 Brand New US $4.95 Buy It Now 7 days
J. Skrzek[SBB].-ojciec chrzestny Dominika.Polish progr. US $15.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Iron Curtain - Sbb New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $23.22 Buy It Now 7 days
SBB - Manuel Goettsching New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $23.22 Buy It Now 7 days
SBB Pamiec CD US $49.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Polish PROG Rock 1970's - SBB - 6LP * MUZA Poland / AMIGA / SUPRAPHON rec. US $99.90 Buy It Now 7 days
SBB - NASTROJE - MMPCDDG0338 US $19.72 Buy It Now 8 days
Jozef Skrzek{SBB}-wojna swiatow US $15.00 Buy It Now 9 days
SBB-ZE SLOWEM BIEGNE DO CIEBIE-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Hi25 US $41.99 Buy It Now 9 days
SBB-5 TITLE-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD SET AJi87 US $180.50 Buy It Now 9 days
SBB-WOLANIE O BRZEK SZKLA-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Hi25 US $41.99 Buy It Now 9 days
SBB-PAMIEC-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Hi25 US $41.99 Buy It Now 9 days
SBB-WELCOME-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Hi25 US $41.99 Buy It Now 9 days
SBB-NOWY HORYZONT-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Hi25 US $41.99 Buy It Now 9 days
SBB - Pamiec 1976 POLAND fantastic PROG monster LP MUZA × listen × near mint US $24.99 Buy It Now 9 days
SBB - Nowy horyzont 1975 POLAND fantastic PROG monster LP MUZA × listen × ex US $24.95 Buy It Now 9 days
SBB - ANTHOLOGY 1974-2004 - NEW CD BOXSET US $162.11 Buy It Now 9 days
SBB:Nowy Horyzont LP EX/EX US $16.00 Buy It Now 9 days
SBB - BLUE TRANCE [DIGIPAK] * - NEW CD US $13.48 Buy It Now 10 days
SBB - ROSKILDE '78 [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $13.48 Buy It Now 10 days
SIR JOHN BARBIROLLI Close-UP 2 LP VG++ Stereo Angel SBB-3750 US $3.99 Buy It Now 10 days
SBB : The Rock CD (2007) US $22.84 Buy It Now 11 days
Grupa SBB s/t 1974 POLISH Original LP Psych FUZZ Guitar Progressive Rock US $48.00 Buy It Now 11 days
SBB: Memento Z Banalnym Tryptykien (rock & pop LP) US $20.00 Buy It Now 11 days
SBB - Memento Z Banalnym Tryptykiem - Polish Prog Rock 1980 US $13.00 Buy It Now 11 days
SBB - Welcome (CD) NEW US $35.00 Buy It Now 11 days
SBB - Nastroje / Ze slowem biegne do Ciebie (CD 2 disc) NEW US $40.00 Buy It Now 12 days
SBB - BLUE TRANCE - MMPCD0680 US $17.89 Buy It Now 12 days
ROBERT JAMES SELBY - SCRAP-BOOK BALLADS VOL. 1 - SBB101 US $17.40 Buy It Now 12 days
SBB - IRON CURTAIN [LIMITED EDITION] [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $15.17 Buy It Now 12 days
SBB - NEW CENTURY [SBB] - NEW CD US $11.39 Buy It Now 13 days
SBB Slumple Skin Skin Music CD 2000 Pentanus Productions 1999 Eugene Oregon US $4.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Sbb - Blue Trance (NEW CD) US $19.96 Buy It Now 13 days
Sbb-Sbb - Roskilde `78 CD NEW US $16.49 Buy It Now 13 days
Sbb-Sbb - The Rock CD NEW US $14.40 Buy It Now 13 days
Sbb-Sbb - New Century (Cd) CD NEW US $14.40 Buy It Now 13 days
Sbb-Sbb - Iron Curtain/Memento Z Banalnym... CD NEW US $16.49 Buy It Now 13 days
Sbb-Sbb - Sbb CD NEW US $16.49 Buy It Now 13 days
Sbb-Sbb - Blue Trance CD NEW US $15.10 Buy It Now 13 days
Sbb-Sbb - Blue Trance (Limited Edition) CD NEW US $16.49 Buy It Now 13 days
SBB - IRON CURTAIN / MEMENTO Z BANALNYM TRYPTYKIEM NEW CD US $21.39 Buy It Now 13 days
Blue Trance (LTD Digi) - Sbb New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $23.22 Buy It Now 14 days
Sbb-Sbb - Nastroje/Ze Slowem Biegne Do Ci... CD NEW US $16.49 Buy It Now 14 days
Sbb - Iron Curtain/Memento Z Banalnym Tryptykiem CD US $18.91 Buy It Now 15 days
SBB ~ NOWY HORYZONT (RMST) (DIG) CD US $45.82 Buy It Now 15 days
SBB S/T Self Titled Debut Polish Prog SEALED LP Polskie Nagrania SX 1142 US $36.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Czeslaw Niemen - Enigmatic - CASSETTE (Czeslaw Niemen, SBB ) US $27.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Sagrario Baena " Corazon en venta" Me lo dijo una gitana" LP VG+ WEA/SBB25527 US $4.76 Buy It Now 16 days
2014 remaster SBB WOLANIE O BRZEK SZKLA JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD WITH BONUS TRACK US $38.50 Buy It Now 16 days
2014 remaster SBB ZE SLOWEM BIEGNE DO JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD WITH BONUS TRACK US $38.50 Buy It Now 16 days
2014 remaster SBB WELCOME JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD WITH BONUS TRACK US $38.50 Buy It Now 16 days
SBB - LIVE 1993 (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $23.23 Buy It Now 16 days
SBB-Welcome Polish prog psych Japanese mini lp SHM-CD US $34.99 Buy It Now 16 days
SBB-Ze Slowem Biegne do Ciebie Polish prog cd US $17.99 Buy It Now 19 days
SBB-Welcome Polish prog cd US $17.99 Buy It Now 19 days
SBB - ROCK NEW CD US $18.11 Buy It Now 19 days

More places to buy SBB music online Buy SBB & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SBB DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SBB Follow My Dream ratings distribution

SBB Follow My Dream reviews

Review by erik neuteboom
3 stars The name from this known Polish band is an abbreviation from Silesian Blues Band. In the early Seventies they started as members from a musical project by musician Czeslaw Niemen. From 1974 they decided to make their own music and S.B.B. started to give concerts and to make albums.

This album is from 1978 and contains two long parts (each has a running time from at about 20 minutes). The first one entitled "Going away" starts with the powerful and distinctive sound from the Hammond organ, then soaring keyboards and Gilmourian guitar work ("Meddle"-era). Due to the vocal similarities with Steve Hillage the music evokes Gong and early Hillage-solo. The more fluent parts feature flashy Moog synthesizer flights and other vintage keyboards like the clavinet and string- ensemble, a very pleasant colouring. The second composition "Follow my dream" delivers more jazzrock inspired music, the Moog work often reminds me of Jan Hammer (Mahavishnu Orchestra and Jeff Beck solo). We can also enjoy swinging parts with a fat bass sound and Fender Rhodes piano and some good guitar soli. Unfortunately the final part sounds more poppy, not a very representative ending of this fine and varied album.

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#47354) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 19, 2005

3 stars In the liner notes it talks about how SBB really blazed a trail for Eastern European bands back in the seventies. After signing a deal with some West German businessmen they were allowed to use Western European liscence plates which angered a lot of the border guards who would often hold them up for hours and even strip them naked in order to humiliate them. Meanwhile they were conquering Europe with their jaw dropping instrumental work and live shows. This album is far more synth laden the earlier ones and the guitar has been pushed to the background.The two longest tracks have vocals and are by far my least favourite compositions. He sort of sounds like Adrian Belew when he sings, not bad it's just better when they concentrate on the instrumental stuff in my opinion.

The two side long suites are both broken down into 4 songs that all blend together. "Freedom With Us" opens with organ that just seems to hum. Nice. It fades out and vocals come in around 2 minutes. Inspirational lyrics here but i'm not a fan of this one. I do like how it turns dark towards the end. "3rd Reanimation" is an instrumental and my favourite track on here.This is uptempo and quite powerful as the synths and drums dominate.The drumming is very far out. It sounds so good before 3 1/2 minutes that it moves me. "Going Away" builds quickly to a full sound after 1 1/2 minutes. This sounds awesome like the previous song. It settles some after 2 1/2 minutes and vocals follow. Instrumental only after 5 1/2 minutes is so incredible ! "(Zywiec) Mountain Melody" is a trip as spacey synths eventually take over.

Side two begins with "Wake Up". Spacey to start before we get a melody after 2 1/2 minutes. Spacey again before 5 minutes. "In The Cradle Of Your Hands" is a short track with vocals. "Growin'" has a great sound to it once it gets going before a minute.The tempo picks up 3 minutes in. Love the drumming. The guitar comes in and plays over top. It goes on and on. Nice. "Follow My Dream" opens with drums as organ comes in. We're grooving now as vocals arrive. This is catchy but not my cup of tea. Guitar after 3 1/2 minutes.

It's almost a 4 star album for the second track alone, but in reality the vocals and lack of guitar bring it down a notch.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#200213) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 22, 2009

Review by friso
3 stars SBB - Follow My Dream (1978)

On the Follow my Dream album of Polish symphonic/space/fusion act SBB the band acquired a new sound. With modern, professional equipment (perhaps influenced by '75 Pink Floyd) the band re-invents itself after a career that already gave rise to three major progressive releases. The production of the album is very good, which I can't always say about their earlier releases.

Follow my Dream was aimed at the western part of Europe, which of course had the biggest market for progressive music. Applying the Manticore-tactic, SBB started singing in English and Józef Skrzek does an acceptable job. The accent is however always disturbing and I myself had no problems at all with the Polish lyrics.

Though equipped with a new sound a fresh new market to be explored I must admit I think the band didn't have too much inspiration for this record. The opening section 'Freedom With Us' (they shouldn't have re-used the title of the powerful epic of New Horyzont) is utterly boring. Luckily '3rd Reanimation' is an exciting fusion jam with great slightly distorted synthesizer sounds and a remarkable bombastic ending section. 'Going Away' has again a boring intro and couplet theme but a compensating instrumental refrain that is highly rewarding. Somehow I always get the feeling of relieve listening to this song. The song evolves into the electronic sound-scape Mountain Melody, which is also very rewarding and well recorded. On side two Wake Up is an atmospheric opener. The English version of the Pamieç masterpiece 'In the Cradle of your Hands' is a strong effort, but I prefer the more mysterious sound of the Pamieç version. Still this is track that shows the best of compositional genius that SBB has to offer, and perhaps even the progressive genre itself. The adventerious section after the opening section is one of my favorite moments of progressive rock. The title track 'Follow my Dream' is a boring fusion track like the opening of side one. Luckily the instrumental ending section is highly rewarding. A good ending for the album.

Conclusion. This album showcases an important phase of SBB that would eventually lead to their later major progressive rock releases. The Follow My Dream album falls short to be mentioned in the list of SBB greatest records, but it does have some really amazing moments like '3rd Reanimation', the instrumental sections of 'Going Away' and the ending section of the title track. For me this is a good but non-essential prog record I would mainly recommend to fans of SBB. Three stars it is then.

Send comments to friso (BETA) | Report this review (#442851) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Review by Warthur
4 stars SBB's Follow My Dream is another exercise in incorporating the trappings of other prog subgenres into the space rock-symphonic bedrock of their sound. On the one side, Going Away includes some electronic portions which sound an awful lot like the sort of territory explored on Klaus Schulze's work at the time or the better Tangerine Dream albums, whilst the title track culminates in a joyous crescendo with just a hint of jazz fusion to it. SBB master the different strands of progressive music they dabble in with astonishing ease, and weave everything together into a quite satisfying whole. A more than well-earned four stars.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#556477) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 24, 2011

5 stars I started listening to this album lying in my bed because i couldn't sleep so I took my headphones and started rolling it. My first impression was really good (two 20-minute epics is not bad) and was very pleasent in that precise moment, due to the quiet character of the first part of Going Away ... (read more)

Report this review (#166376) | Posted by wato | Friday, April 11, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is a great album... it consists in two very long tracks, but beautifully made. almost instrumental, it has a very fluid but complex sound, with lots of different combinations of keyboard sounds and atmospheres, tpically from the seventies, always changing and each time bringing new deligh ... (read more)

Report this review (#17815) | Posted by Melos | Sunday, August 08, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SBB "Follow My Dream"