SBB

SBB Follow My Dream album cover

Buy SBB Music
Studio Album, released in 1978

Going Away: (24:09)
1. Freedom With Us (8:12)
2. 3rd Reanimation (6:13)
3. Going Away (6:36)
4. (Żywiec) Mountain Melody (3:08)

Follow My Dream: (22:16)
5. Wake Up (5:02)
6. In The Cradle of Your Hands (2:46)
7. Growin' (6:18)
8. Follow My Dream (8:10)

Bonus tracks (CD):
9. Królewskie marzenie (6:41)
10. Wiosenne chimery (15:54)
11. Dla przyjaciół (7:09)

Total time without bonuses: 46:25

Total time with bonuses: 76:09

Search SBB Follow My Dream lyrics

Search SBB Follow My Dream tabs

- Józef Skrzek / keyboards, harmonica, vocals
- Antymos Apostolis / guitar
- Jerzy Piotrowski / drums

LP Spiegelei-Intercord - INT 160.611 (1978)
CD Stuff - S-005 (1992)
CD KOCH International - 33719-2 (1997)
CD Metal Mind Productions - MMP CD 0326 (2004) (released as a part of "Anthology 1974-2004" box set, with bonus tracks)

and to Joolz for the last updates

SBB MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SBB Follow My Dream Music

Wolanie O Brzek SzklaWolanie O Brzek Szkla
Indie Europe/Zoom 2008
Iron Curtain/Memento Z Banalnym Tryptykiem: Special EditionIron Curtain/Memento Z Banalnym Tryptykiem: Special Edition
Special Edition
Karlstad Live 75Karlstad Live 75
Follow My DreamFollow My Dream
Remastered
Metal Mind 2008
SUPER ROCK FESTIVAL Vol.2 1979 GERMANY KRAUTROCK 2LP'S CAN, ELOY, SBB, SCORPION US $24.75 Buy It Now 1h 24m
SBB CD US $15.27 Buy It Now 8h 14m
SBB-WOLANIE O BRZEK SZKLA-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Hi25 US $42.99 Buy It Now 9h 38m
SBB-WELCOME-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Hi25 US $42.99 Buy It Now 9h 42m
SBB-NOWY HORYZONT-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Hi25 US $42.99 Buy It Now 9h 49m
SBB-SET OF 5 ALBUMS-JAPAN MINI LP 5 SHM-CD AOi25 US $229.99 Buy It Now 10h 2m
SBB-ZE SLOWEM BIEGNE DO CIEBIE-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Hi25 US $42.99 Buy It Now 10h 9m
SBB - JAZZ- JOZEF SKRZEK /J.MATEJ - LP PROGRESSIVE ROCK US $28.00 Buy It Now 10h 24m
SBB-PAMIEC-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Hi25 US $42.99 Buy It Now 10h 35m
SBB NEW CD US $22.22 Buy It Now 15h
Nastroje/Ze Slowem Biegne Do Ciebie [Special Edition] by SBB (CD) US $35.00 Buy It Now 21h 7m
Steve Miller Band Anthology SBB 11114 vintage vinyl US $11.00 [0 bids]
SBB - Pamiec 1976 POLAND fantastic PROG monster LP MUZA × listen × near mint US $23.00 [0 bids]
SBB s/t FIRST 1974 POLAND fantastic PROG monster LP MUZA × listen × near mint US $23.00 [0 bids]
SBB - Nowy horyzont 1975 POLAND fantastic PROG monster LP MUZA × listen × ex US $23.00 [0 bids]
SBB - Ze slowem 1977 POLAND fantastic prog LP MUZA 2 long track × listen × NM US $23.00 [0 bids]
SBB self titled prog funky beats and sounds LP × listen × US $25.00 [0 bids]
SBB "Nastroje" NEW sealed digipack issue heavy Polish psych prog NIEMAN US $7.99 [0 bids]
SBB:I. odlot. LP VG++/VG++ US $19.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SBB:Ze slowem biegne do ciebie LP VG+/EX+ US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Jackson, Mahalia The Power And The Glory EP Philips SBB US $15.10 Buy It Now 2 days
SBB JAPAN 5 titles Mini LP SHM-CD SS + PROMO BOX SET US $229.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Fritz Wunderlich(2x12" Vinyl LP Gatefold)Close Up-Angel-SBB 375-US-VG/Ex US $15.08 Buy It Now 2 days
SBB-3,pamiec. Polish rock progr. US $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Elvis' Favorite Gospel Songs JD Sumner & Stamps Quartet QC8 362 8 track C1SBB13 US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SBB - Pamiec - Polish Prog Rock US $18.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Lawrence Welk Favorites Cassette Unopened NEW C1SBB10 US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
SBB:Nowy Horyzont LP EX/EX US $16.00 Buy It Now 3 days
SBB:Ze slowem biegne do ciebie LP EX/M- US $18.00 Buy It Now 3 days
JACQUELINE DU PRE DANIEL BARENBOIM close up 2 LP VG+ SBB 3749 Vinyl Record US $27.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Hoy, Ayer and Forever [PA] by Akwid (CD, Feb-2004, Aries Records) C1SBB0 US $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
SBB - Live 1993 US $27.62 Buy It Now 3 days
Living Stereo Copland and Grofé CD Sealed C1SBB11 US $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Iron Curtain SBB CD US $11.65 Buy It Now 4 days
SBB - IRON CURTAIN NEW CD US $19.93 Buy It Now 4 days
SBB Blue Trance CD US $10.27 Buy It Now 4 days
SBB - BLUE TRANCE (BONUS) (TRACKS) (LTD) (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $22.22 Buy It Now 4 days
SBB - ROCK NEW CD US $18.81 Buy It Now 4 days
Sbb - Iron Curtain CD US $19.27 Buy It Now 4 days
Sbb - Nastroje/Ze Slowem Biegne Do Ciebie CD US $19.05 Buy It Now 4 days
Sbb - Blue Trance CD METAL MIN2 US $17.22 Buy It Now 4 days
Sbb - Rock CD US $16.41 Buy It Now 4 days
God Bless America Performed By The 101 Strings Orchestra 2 Disc CD C1SBB9 US $19.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Andy Griffith Just As I Am 30 Favorite Old Time Hymns CD C1SBB9 US $19.95 Buy It Now 4 days
The Cathedrals Collection Hymns And Spiritual Songs 2 Disc CD C1SBB9 US $14.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Merry Christmas From Doris Day & Dinah Shore Unopened CD C1SBB9 US $5.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Christmas In Nashville Unopened CD C1SBB9 US $5.95 Buy It Now 4 days
SBB-Follow My Dream Polish prog cd US $21.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Holiday Special Christmas With Friends Unopened CD C1SBB9 US $5.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Country Hits Ultimate Collection 4 Disc Set CD C1SBB10 US $19.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Sandi Patty O Holy Night! CD C1SBB10 US $4.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Susie Luchsinger Real Love CD C1SBB10 US $4.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Songs Of The Season 2001 Kohl's Cares For Kids CD C1SBB10 US $4.95 Buy It Now 4 days
The Statler Brothers Today's Gospel Favorites CD C1SBB10 US $4.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Songs 4 Worship Christmas 2 Disc CD C1SBB10 US $6.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Tom Kennerk That Old Time Religion CD C1SBB10 US $4.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Acoustic Worship Volume 2 CD C1SBB11 US $4.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Barbershop Harmony The Heart Of Christmas CD C1SBB11 US $4.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Ladies Sing Christmas Favorites CD C1SBB11 US $4.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Louis Armstrong The Collection CD C1SBB11 US $4.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Christmas Hymns CD C1SBB11 US $4.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Kathy Troccoli Draw Me Close Songs Of Worship CD C1SBB11 US $4.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Bing Crosby Christmas Through The Years CD C1SBB11 US $4.95 Buy It Now 4 days
A Southern Christmas CD C1SBB11 US $4.95 Buy It Now 4 days
The Voices Of Christmas An American Tradition CD C1SBB11 US $4.95 Buy It Now 5 days
David Paul Britton The Message Of The Cross CD C1SBB7 US $4.95 Buy It Now 5 days
John Tesh Presents The Choirs Of Christmas CD C1SBB7 US $4.95 Buy It Now 5 days
The Hoskins Family Safe Thus Far Record C1SBB7 US $4.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Mike Bowling It's My Life CD C1SBB7 US $4.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Holiday Traditions CD C1SBB7 US $4.95 Buy It Now 5 days
SBB - BLUE TRANCE NEW CD US $19.93 Buy It Now 5 days
SBB Pamiec 1975 NM US $36.00 Buy It Now 5 days
SBB Anthology 1974-2004 box 22 CD Polish symphonic prog fusion Mahavishnu ELP US $150.00 Buy It Now 5 days
SBB Lost Tapes Vol. 1. 9 CD 1974-78 Mahavishnu Orchestra ELP Hillage US $100.00 Buy It Now 5 days
SBB Lost Tapes Vol. 2. 9 CD 1971-79 Mahavishnu Orchestra ELP Hillage US $100.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Józef Skrzek Viator 1973-2007 box feat. 20 CDs SBB symph, electro space prog US $65.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Sbb Blue Trance CD NEW (UK Import) US $13.31 Buy It Now 5 days
SBB - SBB [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $15.25 Buy It Now 6 days
SBB - ZE SLOWEM BIEGNE DO CIEBIE - MMPCDDG0323 US $17.58 Buy It Now 6 days
SBB 2 Nowy horyzont Orig Press New Sealed Poland Prog Vinyl LP Polskie Nagrania US $39.99 Buy It Now 6 days
SBB - 2 - Nowy Horyzont - Polish Prog Rock US $26.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Amy Grant Home For Christmas Audiocassette C1SBB4 US $3.95 Buy It Now 8 days
Dave And Barb Anderson Favorite Hymns And Gospel Songs Audiocassette C1SBB4 US $3.95 Buy It Now 8 days

More places to buy SBB music online Buy SBB & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SBB DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SBB Follow My Dream ratings distribution

SBB Follow My Dream reviews

Review by erik neuteboom
3 stars The name from this known Polish band is an abbreviation from Silesian Blues Band. In the early Seventies they started as members from a musical project by musician Czeslaw Niemen. From 1974 they decided to make their own music and S.B.B. started to give concerts and to make albums.

This album is from 1978 and contains two long parts (each has a running time from at about 20 minutes). The first one entitled "Going away" starts with the powerful and distinctive sound from the Hammond organ, then soaring keyboards and Gilmourian guitar work ("Meddle"-era). Due to the vocal similarities with Steve Hillage the music evokes Gong and early Hillage-solo. The more fluent parts feature flashy Moog synthesizer flights and other vintage keyboards like the clavinet and string- ensemble, a very pleasant colouring. The second composition "Follow my dream" delivers more jazzrock inspired music, the Moog work often reminds me of Jan Hammer (Mahavishnu Orchestra and Jeff Beck solo). We can also enjoy swinging parts with a fat bass sound and Fender Rhodes piano and some good guitar soli. Unfortunately the final part sounds more poppy, not a very representative ending of this fine and varied album.

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#47354) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 19, 2005

3 stars In the liner notes it talks about how SBB really blazed a trail for Eastern European bands back in the seventies. After signing a deal with some West German businessmen they were allowed to use Western European liscence plates which angered a lot of the border guards who would often hold them up for hours and even strip them naked in order to humiliate them. Meanwhile they were conquering Europe with their jaw dropping instrumental work and live shows. This album is far more synth laden the earlier ones and the guitar has been pushed to the background.The two longest tracks have vocals and are by far my least favourite compositions. He sort of sounds like Adrian Belew when he sings, not bad it's just better when they concentrate on the instrumental stuff in my opinion.

The two side long suites are both broken down into 4 songs that all blend together. "Freedom With Us" opens with organ that just seems to hum. Nice. It fades out and vocals come in around 2 minutes. Inspirational lyrics here but i'm not a fan of this one. I do like how it turns dark towards the end. "3rd Reanimation" is an instrumental and my favourite track on here.This is uptempo and quite powerful as the synths and drums dominate.The drumming is very far out. It sounds so good before 3 1/2 minutes that it moves me. "Going Away" builds quickly to a full sound after 1 1/2 minutes. This sounds awesome like the previous song. It settles some after 2 1/2 minutes and vocals follow. Instrumental only after 5 1/2 minutes is so incredible ! "(Zywiec) Mountain Melody" is a trip as spacey synths eventually take over.

Side two begins with "Wake Up". Spacey to start before we get a melody after 2 1/2 minutes. Spacey again before 5 minutes. "In The Cradle Of Your Hands" is a short track with vocals. "Growin'" has a great sound to it once it gets going before a minute.The tempo picks up 3 minutes in. Love the drumming. The guitar comes in and plays over top. It goes on and on. Nice. "Follow My Dream" opens with drums as organ comes in. We're grooving now as vocals arrive. This is catchy but not my cup of tea. Guitar after 3 1/2 minutes.

It's almost a 4 star album for the second track alone, but in reality the vocals and lack of guitar bring it down a notch.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#200213) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 22, 2009

Review by friso
3 stars SBB - Follow My Dream (1978)

On the Follow my Dream album of Polish symphonic/space/fusion act SBB the band acquired a new sound. With modern, professional equipment (perhaps influenced by '75 Pink Floyd) the band re-invents itself after a career that already gave rise to three major progressive releases. The production of the album is very good, which I can't always say about their earlier releases.

Follow my Dream was aimed at the western part of Europe, which of course had the biggest market for progressive music. Applying the Manticore-tactic, SBB started singing in English and Józef Skrzek does an acceptable job. The accent is however always disturbing and I myself had no problems at all with the Polish lyrics.

Though equipped with a new sound a fresh new market to be explored I must admit I think the band didn't have too much inspiration for this record. The opening section 'Freedom With Us' (they shouldn't have re-used the title of the powerful epic of New Horyzont) is utterly boring. Luckily '3rd Reanimation' is an exciting fusion jam with great slightly distorted synthesizer sounds and a remarkable bombastic ending section. 'Going Away' has again a boring intro and couplet theme but a compensating instrumental refrain that is highly rewarding. Somehow I always get the feeling of relieve listening to this song. The song evolves into the electronic sound-scape Mountain Melody, which is also very rewarding and well recorded. On side two Wake Up is an atmospheric opener. The English version of the Pamieç masterpiece 'In the Cradle of your Hands' is a strong effort, but I prefer the more mysterious sound of the Pamieç version. Still this is track that shows the best of compositional genius that SBB has to offer, and perhaps even the progressive genre itself. The adventerious section after the opening section is one of my favorite moments of progressive rock. The title track 'Follow my Dream' is a boring fusion track like the opening of side one. Luckily the instrumental ending section is highly rewarding. A good ending for the album.

Conclusion. This album showcases an important phase of SBB that would eventually lead to their later major progressive rock releases. The Follow My Dream album falls short to be mentioned in the list of SBB greatest records, but it does have some really amazing moments like '3rd Reanimation', the instrumental sections of 'Going Away' and the ending section of the title track. For me this is a good but non-essential prog record I would mainly recommend to fans of SBB. Three stars it is then.

Send comments to friso (BETA) | Report this review (#442851) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Review by Warthur
4 stars SBB's Follow My Dream is another exercise in incorporating the trappings of other prog subgenres into the space rock-symphonic bedrock of their sound. On the one side, Going Away includes some electronic portions which sound an awful lot like the sort of territory explored on Klaus Schulze's work at the time or the better Tangerine Dream albums, whilst the title track culminates in a joyous crescendo with just a hint of jazz fusion to it. SBB master the different strands of progressive music they dabble in with astonishing ease, and weave everything together into a quite satisfying whole. A more than well-earned four stars.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#556477) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 24, 2011

5 stars I started listening to this album lying in my bed because i couldn't sleep so I took my headphones and started rolling it. My first impression was really good (two 20-minute epics is not bad) and was very pleasent in that precise moment, due to the quiet character of the first part of Going Away ... (read more)

Report this review (#166376) | Posted by wato | Friday, April 11, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is a great album... it consists in two very long tracks, but beautifully made. almost instrumental, it has a very fluid but complex sound, with lots of different combinations of keyboard sounds and atmospheres, tpically from the seventies, always changing and each time bringing new deligh ... (read more)

Report this review (#17815) | Posted by Melos | Sunday, August 08, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SBB "Follow My Dream"