NOT FOR WANT OF TRYING

Maybeshewill Not for Want of Trying album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy MAYBESHEWILL Music
Studio Album, released in 2008

1. Ixnay on the Autoplay (1:42)
2. Seraphim & Cherubim (3:17)
3. The Paris Hilton Sex Tape (3:34)
4. I'm in Awe, Amadeus! (3:39)
5. We Called for an Ambulance but a Fire Engine Came (3:23)
6. Heartflusters (3:48)
7. C.N.T.R.C.K.T. (2:27)
8. He Films the Clouds, Part Two (6:43)
9. Not for Want of Trying (5:34)
10. Takotsubo (1:49)

Search MAYBESHEWILL Not for Want of Trying lyrics

Search MAYBESHEWILL Not for Want of Trying tabs

- James Collins / drums
- Andy Jackson / bass
- John Helps / guitar
- Robin Southby / guitar

Robot Needs Home / Field Records / XTAL Records

Thanks to burritounit for the addition

MAYBESHEWILL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MAYBESHEWILL Not for Want of Trying Music

FIELD RECORDS 2013
I Was Here for a Moment Then I Was GoneI Was Here for a Moment Then I Was Gone
Redeye Label 2012
Vinyl$47.02
I Was Here for a Moment Then I Was Gone by Maybeshewill (2012) Audio CDI Was Here for a Moment Then I Was Gone by Maybeshewill (2012) Audio CD
Redeye Label
I Was Here for A Moment, Then I Was GoneI Was Here for A Moment, Then I Was Gone
Extra tracks · Import
NOT FOR WANT OF TRYINGNOT FOR WANT OF TRYING
INDIE (JAPAN)
Japanese Spy TranscriptJapanese Spy Transcript
Indie 2006

More places to buy MAYBESHEWILL music online Buy MAYBESHEWILL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MAYBESHEWILL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MAYBESHEWILL Not for Want of Trying ratings distribution

MAYBESHEWILL Not for Want of Trying reviews

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
3 stars Maybeshewill adopts the tradition of using deceptively silly titles for either moving or boisterous instrumental music. A good effort, this would have benefited from tempering and more character.

"Ixnay on the Autoplay" A moving, slightly hypnotic introduction, this sounds like it could be the opening theme music for a medical drama like House.

"Seraphim & Cherubim" After the introduction builds, the band takes on a grungier, more traditional rock sound, letting up in places to permit some lovely strings and piano to shine through.

"The Paris Hilton Sex Tape" Unless the title is a not-too-subtle reference to "banging," which this piece exhibits plenty of, it's an odd title. However, there is a pleasant interaction of instruments here, especially the lead guitar and piano.

"I'm in Awe, Amadeus!" This lively opus is much like video game music (think Mega Man), which appeals to me. It's upbeat, but whimsical in the background.

"We Called for an Ambulance but a Fire Engine Came" This interestingly titled piece is a rambunctious affair, with crunchy guitar over weak-bodied drumming. It relents halfway through, offering the opposite- gorgeous strings and piano.

"Heartflusters" The first of two songs on the album has ill-fitting vocals and rather weak harmonies. The female vocal is amazing, and I wish the band would have put her out front for this one. It crackles and fizzles toward the end with electronic effects.

"C.N.T.R.C.K.T." Here the band returns to punchy grunge rock, once again tapering off to introduce quieter passages.

"He Films the Clouds, Part Two" Soft piano and electric guitar open the album's lengthiest piece. The electronic drums double the perceived tempo, again creating a primetime television drama's opening credits. Pure female vocals sing whole notes before a chorus joins in. It is quite a beautiful track overall.

"Not for Want of Trying" Enough with beauty, the band seems to say, as this hefty and gravelly track singes away in progressive metal fashion. The angry speech is from the 1976 film Network.

"Takotsubo" This final piece concludes the album with a graceful, yet repetitive electric piano and light electronic percussion.

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#711525) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 06, 2012

Post a review of MAYBESHEWILL "Not for Want of Trying"