EXTRACTION FROM MORTALITY

Buy BELIEVER Music
Studio Album, released in 1989

1. Unite (6:39)
2. Vile Hypocrisy (5:35)
3. D.O.S. (Desolation of Sodom) (4:19)
4. Tormented (3:50)
5. Shadow of Death (4:19)
6. Blemished Sacrifices (3:54)
7. Not Even One (3:33)
8. Extraction from Mortality (6:07)
9. Stress (3:01)

- Dave Baddorf / guitar
- Joey Daub / drums

Label: R.E.X Records.
Re-Released in 2001 by M8 [Millenium Eight] Records with two bonus tracks:
10. The Chosen (taken from East Coast Metal compilation)
11. Vile Hypocrisy (remix, taken from Argh!!! compilation)

Bootlegged in 2007 (Europe) and 2008 (USA) by Metal Mind Productions in digipak format limited to 2000 copies.

Thanks to UMUR for the addition

BELIEVER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BELIEVER Extraction from Mortality Music

THE BELIEVER - JEWISH NEO-NAZI- REGION 4 ONLY-DVD US $0.99 [0 bids]
29m 33s
The real people believer uk 7" US $1.60 [0 bids]
36m 52s
Bad Boys Blue - I'm Your Believer - 4 trk cd.maxi imp. w. Remixes .- Very Rare US $6.99 [0 bids]
42m 38s
Local Hero: Daydream Believer 12 Inch DJ Copy Ariola Records Made in USA US $7.98 Buy It Now 1h
The Monkees - Daydream Believer (The Platinum Collection, 2005) New US $5.10 Buy It Now 1h 2m
TOMMY OVERSTREET - I'm A Believer - Ex Con LP Record US $20.95 Buy It Now 1h 8m
I'm a Believer and Other Hits by The Monkees (CD, 1999, Flashback Records) US $5.39 Buy It Now 1h 15m
THE MONKEES I'm A Believer 45 Colgems Garage NM- w/Picture Sleeve Sharp!! US $15.50 [6 bids]
NEIL DIAMOND - I'M A BELIEVER (IMPORT) NEW CD US $15.97 Buy It Now 1h 40m
EMF Feat Reeves & Mortimer I'm A Believer Cd Single US $6.44 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Weather Girls Land Of The Non Believer (PS)7" Vinyl US $9.28 Buy It Now 2h 3m
RHETT MILLER - The Believer - RARE 12 Track CD Advance US $5.11 Buy It Now 2h 29m
(EI496) Troy Cassar-Daley, True Believer, 2 CDS - 1997 CD US $9.84 Buy It Now 4h 21m
JAZZ/ David Sanborn - Believer (Promo) US $8.99 Buy It Now 4h 36m
The Monkees 45 w/ps Daydream Believer / Randy Scouse Git ~ VG++ US $3.75 Buy It Now 4h 55m
The Monkees 45 Daydream Believer/(I'm Not Your)Steppin Stone Arista Records US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 13m
Believer, the [european Import] 0025218687621, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P US $17.11 Buy It Now 5h 18m
Slow Down Molasses : Im An Old Believer CD (2008) US $11.90 Buy It Now 5h 19m
45 RPM RECORD THE MONKEYS I'M A BELIEVER - PLEASANT VALLEY SUNDAY FLASHBACK 1972 US $3.99 [0 bids]
Delroy Wilson "True Believer In Love" Reggae LP Micron ~ VG+ US $12.99 [0 bids]
(ER560) Mariam The Believer, Above the World - 2014 DJ CD US $4.82 Buy It Now 6h 17m
Christian: Phil Keaggy - True Believer US $1.59 [0 bids]
Tommy Overstreet "I'm A Believer" US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 3m
The Monkees I'm a Believer Colgems + sleeve 45rpm US $10.00 [0 bids]
Daydream Believer b/w Goin' Down by The Monkees-original issue/picture sleeve US $18.00 [0 bids]
I'm A Believer b/w (I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone by The Monkees US $18.00 [0 bids]
Ruby Andrews You Made a Believer (Out of Me) / Where Have You Gone 1969 Northern US $10.99 [0 bids]
B.B. KING - MIDNIGHT BELIEVER - MCA RECORDS LP US $15.00 Buy It Now 9h 3m
Joel Diamond - The Believer soundtrack - SEALED U.S. cd - RARE! US $19.98 Buy It Now 9h 22m
Neil Diamond "I'm A Believer/ Crooked Street" - Bang 586 M- DJ Promo US $50.00 Buy It Now 10h 2m
NOISEWORKS Freedom & Believer 7" 45 rpm vinyl record + juke box title strip US $4.38 Buy It Now 10h 3m
BELIEVER - DIMENSIONS (LTD) (REISSUE) (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $21.01 Buy It Now 10h 19m
KATIE BRIGGS 45 Overland / The Non-Believer DERAM Soul VG++ Promo Copy #C702 US $13.00 Buy It Now 12h 27m
Neil Diamond - IM A Believer CD US $14.69 Buy It Now 13h 6m
Robert wyatt i'm a believer 1974 uk virgin label vinyl 7"single vs 114 US $8.86 Buy It Now 13h 18m
B.B. King - Midnight Believer [CD New] US $14.22 Buy It Now 13h 45m
Kutless - Believer (Christmas Edition) [CD New] US $11.45 Buy It Now 13h 59m
WE THE GATHERED - BELIEVER (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $13.81 Buy It Now 14h 5m
Monkees - Daydream Believer & Other Hits [CD New] US $5.54 Buy It Now 14h 56m
45 RPM w/PIC SLEEVE The Monkees I'M A BELIEVER/STEPPIN' STONE Colgems NM- US $11.00 Buy It Now 17h 18m
BOOGIE/ The Weather Girls - Land Of The Believer US $6.99 Buy It Now 17h 30m
The Monkees - I'm a Believer 1966 7" RCA 1560 US $5.65 Buy It Now 18h 20m
MONKEES--PICTURE SLEEVE + 45--(DAYDREAM BELIEVER)--PS--PIC--SLV US $14.99 Buy It Now 18h 58m
MONKEES--PICTURE SLEEVE ONLY--(DAYDREAM BELIEVER)--PS--PIC--SLV US $4.99 Buy It Now 18h 58m
MONKEES--PICTURE SLEEVE ONLY--(I'M A BELIEVER)-PS--PIC--SLV US $4.99 Buy It Now 18h 59m
FLOYD LLOYD - BELIEVER NEW CD US $21.01 Buy It Now 19h 28m
The Poems - I Am A Believer Vinyl 7" Single Indie Rock US $3.21 [0 bids]
The Dreamer/The Believer * by Common (Vinyl, Apr-2012, T.C.M.) LP US $14.99 Buy It Now 20h 43m
Neil Diamond - I'm A Believer [CD New] US $12.57 Buy It Now 21h 8m
THE MONKEES Greatest Hits Ltd Ed Tin Box CD Daydream Believer, I'm A Believer US $3.99 [0 bids]
THE MONKEES - DAYDREAM BELIEVER - COLLECTION VOLUME 1 - FREE POST UK US $6.44 Buy It Now 21h 19m
MONKEES(DAVY JONES)-I'M A BELIEVER/STEPPIN' STONE rock 45+PS US $8.98 Buy It Now 21h 33m
Heart of a Believer - Finnie,Gail New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $24.69 Buy It Now 21h 34m
38 Special A&M Promo 45 Record #2242 VG+ Stone Cold Believer US $4.00 Buy It Now 21h 37m
COMMON - DREAMER THE BELIEVER NEW CD US $22.82 Buy It Now 21h 47m
S6-14 Vinyl Record Album 45 Dj Copy Captiol Anne Murray Day Dream Believer! US $22.95 Buy It Now 21h 56m
MONKEES - I'm a Believer: The Best of the Monkees - 2 CD GREATEST HITS CD US $17.75 [0 bids]
22h
THE MONKEES USA DJ 7" 45 DAYDREAM BELIEVER, promo from Arista Best Of LP US $9.00 Buy It Now 22h 3m
T'PAU valentine 12" 3 trk b/w giving my love away and i'm a believer (srnt69) pi US $8.45 Buy It Now 22h 4m
Born Believer Jim Ed Brown & Helen Cornelius 1977 8 track tested plays great! US $3.00 [0 bids]
WEATHER GIRLS land of the believer 12" 2 trk b/w ff believe in beats mix (651372 US $8.45 Buy It Now 22h 16m
STONEY EDWARDS - You're A Believer - Excellent Condition 7" Single Capitol 3550 US $8.05 Buy It Now 22h 42m
PAUL JOHNSON every kinda people 12" 3 trk b/w believer and burnin' (pjohnt6) pic US $8.45 Buy It Now 22h 50m
Monkees - Daydream Believer with PS US $2.00 [0 bids]
Believer by Javen - CD, 2006, 15 Tracks - NEW US $7.99 Buy It Now 23h 16m
Vintage 1967 More Of The Monkees Vinyl LP Colgems Record Album Im A Believer EX US $4.50 [0 bids]
LOCAL HERO daydream believer 12" 3 trk extended mix b/w dance mix and why don't US $8.45 Buy It Now 1 day
Smash Mouth - I'm a Believer - 2001 U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $34.97 Buy It Now 1 day
BLUE EYES CRYIN IN THE RAIN, WE ARE FAMILY, MISS YOU, DAYDREAM BELIEVER AND MORE US $13.99 [0 bids]
The Monkees italian 45 I'm a believer 1967 different cover US $10.00 [0 bids]
MATTHEW BARBER - TRUE BELIEVER NEW CD US $15.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Jim Ed Brown - LOT OF 3 - BEST OF / GENTLE ON MY MIND / BORN BELIEVER (w Helen) US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Old Believer - Atlas Moth US $10.88 Buy It Now 1 day
The Monkees Daydream Believer US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Monkees Im a Believer US $0.99 [0 bids]
NEIL DIAMOND LP "I'm A Believer" 1967 (Joys 210) UK vg+ US $24.95 Buy It Now 1 day
KUTLESS - BELIEVER (CHRISTMAS) NEW CD US $18.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Hard Believer - Tommy Castro New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $21.22 Buy It Now 1 day
POPINJAYS i'm a believer 12" 4 trk b/w 59th street bridge song, it's getting bet US $8.45 Buy It Now 1 day
POPINJAYS i'm a believer 12" 4 trk b/w 59th street bridge song, it's gettin US $8.45 Buy It Now 1 day
REAL PEOPLE (INDIE) believer 12" 4 trk with inner in die cut cross sleeve b/w if US $8.45 Buy It Now 1 day
GIANT i'm a believer 12" 3 trk chr edit promo b/w no way out and big pitch (amy5 US $8.45 Buy It Now 1 day
TOMMY CASTRO - HARD BELIEVER NEW CD US $21.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Jean Shepard I'm A Believer vinyl LP 1975 US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE MONKEES I'm a Believer / Steppin Stone, original Colgems vinyl 45, 1966 US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MONKEES, THE I'm A Believer 7" 45 rpm vinyl record + juke box title strip US $7.90 Buy It Now 1 day
(CF643) Introducing J.J. Turner, The Believer - DJ CD US $4.82 Buy It Now 1 day
Airdream Believer by US $6.75 Buy It Now 1 day
the monkees i'm a believer & steppin stone US $0.25 [0 bids]
RONNIE MILSAP-True Believer-JOHN HIATT-COUNTRY-CD'S US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL DIAMOND: September Morn/I'm A Believer (rock vinyl 45) US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
B.B. KING - Midnight Believer - shrinkwrap / blues / 1978 US $4.99 [0 bids]
MONKEES, THE: (I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone/I'm A Believer (rock vinyl 45) US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Monkees 7" Record Daydream Believer PS Picture Sleeve PROMO rock 45 NM US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Monkees 45 RPM (I'm Not Your) Steppin Stone & I'm A Believer COLGEMS RECORDS US $6.99 [0 bids]
RONNIE MILSAP - TRUE BELIEVER - NEW SEALED CD US $7.15 Buy It Now 1 day
THE MONKEES I'm A Believer COLGEMS 45 rpm w PICTURE SLEEVE Steppin' Stone Vinyl US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TROY CASSAR-DALEY-TRUE BELIEVER-13 TRK CD-AUSTRALIA-1996 US $8.77 Buy It Now 1 day
STONEY EDWARDS VG++ She's Helping Me Get Over You 45 You're A Believer 3550 US $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Anne Murray - I'll Always Love You - Capitol - SEALED - w/ Daydream Believer US $5.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy BELIEVER music online Buy BELIEVER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BELIEVER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BELIEVER Extraction from Mortality ratings distribution

BELIEVER Extraction from Mortality reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars "Extraction from Mortality" is the debut full-length studio album by US thrash metal act Believer. As the band name may suggest the bandīs lyrics revolve around theological and philosophical questions from a Christian point of view. The album was released through R.E.X. Records in 1989 and mainly distributed through christian bookstores. Roadrunner Records would however pick up on the band and release their next two albums "Sanity Obscure (1990)" and "Dimensions (1993)" to a secular audience while R.E.X. Records would still concentrate on mainly reaching a christian audience. "Extraction from Mortality" was re-released in 2001 by Millenium Eight Records featuring two bonus tracks.

Stylistically the music on "Extraction from Mortality" is technically well played thrash metal and a band like Coroner comes to mind more than once as well as the "Extreme Aggression (1989)" and "Coma of Souls (1990)" albums by Kreator. Bands like Demolition Hammer, Invocator and Sadus could also be mentioned a references. I know some refered to Believer as death/thrash back in the 90s so that might be a valid description although I personally think this is more thrash than death.

The tracks are predominantly fast-paced but the band play mid-paced sections too. The vocals are aggressive, raw, and raspy. Note the use of riot gang backing vocals on tracks like "D.O.S. (Desolation of Sodom)" and "Not Even One". A feature that is very much of the 80s but rather charming if you ask me. "Not Even One" is actually one of the highlights on the album but Iīd also mention the really fast-paced "Blemished Sacrifices", which at itīs most frantic reminds me of Sadus, as a standout track. The melodic guitar solos deserve a mention too. They are generally very skillfully played and often work as a melodic counterpoint to an otherwise predominantly fiercely aggressive soundscape. "Stress" which closes the album is a bit of an odd song out on "Extraction from Mortality" as itīs more of a crossover sounding track with ska sections. It doesnīt really fit in that well with the rest of the material but itīs not terrible either.

The musicianship are overall on a high level and the sound production is really strong for the time. It reminds me a bit of the sound on "Extreme Aggression (1989)" by Kreator. So all in all "Extraction from Mortality" is a strong debut album by Believer and fans of brutal and technically well played thrash metal are hereby recommended to check out the album. A 3.5 star (70%) rating is deserved.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#216371) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 17, 2009

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Believer's debut album begins with a radio transmission broadcast about a murder case, then a chaotic piano improv clunks along until finally the distorted guitar strings sound in. This signifies the launch of one of the most innovative Christian thrash metal bands. It is a joy for this reviewer to return to this album to review it as it impacted my life during the late 80s and is still not outdated. I had played this many times during my metal obsessed years on cassette but it sounds phenomenal on CD. On 'Unite' the rumbling riff thunders in at 1:50 and it relentlessly breaks into a speedy thrash with gravelly vocals that are impossible to decipher without the lyrics sheet. Daub's drums are always pounding to catch up with the chunky guitars. The vocals are positive but aggressive:

Rise up so you can take a stand the wicked schemes of evil.

I love the instrumental section and the lead break overlayed using twice the guitar power. It is extreme and the sound seems to buzz with a low bass hum, Kraft on bass - difficult to play, easy to listen to for the metal head.

'Vile Hypocrisy' explodes with a technical riff, a very cool rhythm that feels like dadadadum, dadadadum, dadadadum, dah dah daaah. It is so precise and sharp yet manages to scratch the wallpaper off the wall with its brutal riffing. There are more lyrics about legalism in the church:

You blind the eyes that seek to see, deceiving humanity, denying God by deeds, yet claiming intimacy.

A killer riff locks in at 3:20 with lots of breaks and bass. Then a crawl buzzing breakneck riff with pounding speed kickdrums.

'D.O.S. (Desolation of Sodom)' has a stop-start riff that crashes throughout. More of the same vocal style that now grates on me, but the hammer-smashed-face-riffing is to die for. There's no denying the power of technical thrash. The track is about Sodom and Gomorrah of course, the liner notes point to where the scripture references can be found in the Bible so that you can indulge in your own Believer Bible Study if that's what you prefer.

'Tormented' begins with an intricate deep complex riff and picks up the pace before lurching into a solid speed death style. It becomes a bit sameish for me and the growelling vocals are still grinding out and some chorus vocals that sound a bit overkill now as the band scream: Pain, mental torment.

'Shadow of Death' has an acoustic intro which is a nice change from all the thrashing. But it is not long before Bachman and Baddorf's distorted guitars fire up. The riff is once again very good, the drums pound incessantly, and this begins to grow on you after a while. Believer creates a brutal wall of sound that penetrates the very marrow of your bones. The lead break is excellent on this track, almost off kilter, out of tune, and at the same time it all gels together.

'Blemished Sacrifices' features another blistering riff that moves in different metrical patterns before settling on the familiar chugga-chug-chugga-chug speed. This time the speed is breakneck and unrelenting, absolutely ballistic - almost overkill and guaranteed to scare the average Spice Girls fan. At 2:00 in it moves into half time speed but it's still enough to keep the metronome swinging wildly.

'Not Even One' begins with chaotic Slayer-esque riffs and an infectious hook locks in with the usual pass- the-Butter-Menthol vocal treatment. Baddorf screams:

No one is righteous, not even one, there is no one who understands, the anointed one of God they shun, NO ONE.

It is all Bible based but its difficult to tell it's Christian listening to the music alone, that's why this band has a wide appeal - not just for the Christian fan but for those who like speed and thrash in general. It would be easy to mistake them for Sodom, Sepultura or Morbid Angel. The scorching lead break on this track is a killer.

The title track is next beginning with a slow melancholy acoustic sound, and then unusual violins soar over the top giving it an ethereal quality. The orchestral treatment would be further used in a greater sense on their next album on the awesome track 'Dies Irae (Day of Wrath)'. This is the first truly progressive track that blends violin strings with metal distortion and it works admirably, and its well in advance of the likes of Therion, Symphony X or Nightwish. The riff that follows is definitely one of the best Believer riffs, it jumps all over the place with frenetic pace and chaotic pentameter. This highlight is further augmented by the screaming lead break. It is not Steve Vai or Petrucci or Malmsteen, but it works in context with the guitar distortion.

The CD concludes with the off beat quirky 'Stress', an actual song structure based on Luke 12: 22-31. The vocals are different on this one, almost punk like and humorous. There is a strange Reggae funk breakdown midway through and even some vinyl rap effects thrown into the mix. It is apparent that Believer were not trying to be all that serious.

Overall this is a great debut full of speed and thrash and is given an original treatment with Christian lyrics. This was as heavy as it got during the huge reign of Christian thrash. Other bands that came close were Mortification and Tourniquet, but Believer set the bar, and it was a high setting at that. Try them if you are into speed metal, other prog fans beware - this is killer metal at its most extreme.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#216799) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, May 20, 2009

2 stars I was really never a thrash metal fan. I was attracted to extreme music, but my favorite bands were the likes of Sabbat (UK), Slayer and Celtic Frost at that time. Not the thrash metal bands and not the many Metallica clones. Not to mention the many German speed metal bands. So I have set out m ... (read more)

Report this review (#478874) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Friday, July 08, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BELIEVER "Extraction from Mortality"