EXTRACTION FROM MORTALITY

Buy BELIEVER Music
Studio Album, released in 1989

1. Unite (6:39)
2. Vile Hypocrisy (5:35)
3. D.O.S. (Desolation of Sodom) (4:19)
4. Tormented (3:50)
5. Shadow of Death (4:19)
6. Blemished Sacrifices (3:54)
7. Not Even One (3:33)
8. Extraction from Mortality (6:07)
9. Stress (3:01)

- Dave Baddorf / guitar
- Joey Daub / drums

Label: R.E.X Records.
Re-Released in 2001 by M8 [Millenium Eight] Records with two bonus tracks:
10. The Chosen (taken from East Coast Metal compilation)
11. Vile Hypocrisy (remix, taken from Argh!!! compilation)

Bootlegged in 2007 (Europe) and 2008 (USA) by Metal Mind Productions in digipak format limited to 2000 copies.

Thanks to UMUR for the addition

BELIEVER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BELIEVER Extraction from Mortality Music

Metal Blade 2011
Extraction from MortalityExtraction from Mortality
Limited Edition
Massacre Germany 2008
Brown, Jim Ed & Helen Cornelius - Born Believer/Born Believer (45,1977,DEMO) US $2.75 Buy It Now 32m 57s
William Parker - I Plan To Stay A Believer: T [CD New] US $17.38 Buy It Now 48m 33s
SMASH MOUTH I'M A BELIEVER / ALL STAR 4 TRACK SINGLE CD IN PAPER SLEEVE US $0.59 [0 bids]
MONKEES I'M A BELIEVER /(I'M NOT YOUR) STEPPING STONE UK RCA 60s POP HIT US $8.18 Buy It Now 1h 16m
1967 POP ROCK More Of The Monkees Vintage Vinyl LP I'M A BELIEVER MARY MARY US $3.99 [0 bids]
Watchmen 804 Dallas Holm Hey, I'm A Believer!/Rise Again 45 RPM US $0.99 [1 bids]
Kenneth Copeland I'm A Believer 1979 Faith Songs OOP Rare Cassette Tape US $4.79 Buy It Now 2h 58m
PAID ATTENDANCE: Be A Believer In Dodger Fever / Be A Believer (instro) US $25.00 Buy It Now 3h 6m
RONNIE MILSAP - TRUE BELIEVER !! NR!! US $0.96 [0 bids]
IRON BUTTERFLY -(LP)- METAMORPHOSIS INCLUDES "STONE BELIEVER" ATCO-339 -1970 US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 15m
RONNIE MILSAP *RED VINYL* "TRUE BELIEVER" 45 RPM US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 29m
Neil Diamond - I'm A Believer LP 1967 JOYS 210 US $4.90 [0 bids]
The Monkees Daydream Believer/Going Down 45 RPM Record US $7.95 [0 bids]
(ER303) Mariam The Believer, Somewhere Else - 2013 DJ CD US $4.02 Buy It Now 4h 4m
BELIEVER-Sanity Obscure Original 1990 REX CD Very Rare NEW NEW US $25.99 [0 bids]
The Monkees 45 "I'm A Believer / Steppin' Stone" w/Picture Sleeve VG++ US $8.49 Buy It Now 4h 45m
The Monkeys - I'm A Believer / Steppin Stone Vinyl Record 1966 US $30.00 Buy It Now 5h 9m
The Monkees Im a Believer US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Monkees Daydream Believer US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Monkees Colgems 45 Record #1002 VG I'm A Believer / Steppin' Stone US $5.00 Buy It Now 6h
THE MONKEES DAYDREAM BELIEVER / GOIN DOWN 45 RECORD COLGEMS 66-1012, VG+ US $5.00 [0 bids]
6h
The Monkees Arista 45 Record #72 EX Daydream Believer / Steppin Stone US $8.00 Buy It Now 6h 11m
6274 Daydream Believer-Anne Murray 45 rpm 7" single 1979 Country/Pop NM w/Strips US $1.89 [0 bids]
Dimensions by Believer (CD, Sep-1993, Roadrunner Records) US $4.99 [0 bids]
THE MONKEES i'm a believer / (i'm not your) steppin' stone 7" VG+ COLGEMS 66 US $30.00 Buy It Now 7h 15m
COMMON The Dreamer / The Believer VINYL LP RECORD New! SEALED RSD US $22.98 Buy It Now 7h 23m
LILLIAN AXE True Believer 1992 USA MINT PROMO Radio DJ CD Single DPRO67081 US $34.99 Buy It Now 7h 33m
Philippines THE MONKEES - Daydream Believer CD Rare SEALED Davy Jones DOLENZ Oop US $34.44 Buy It Now 7h 58m
The Monkees - Daydream Believer / Steppin' Stone / 7" 45 - VG US $2.00 [0 bids]
The Monkees - I'm A Believer / Pleasant Valley Sunday / 7" 45 - VG US $2.00 [0 bids]
2 Monkees 45 rpm Records Colgems Daydream Believer & Clarksville /w 45 Album US $9.99 [0 bids]
G-Squad -Make You A Believer *Rare Miami G-Funk 2008 US $4.99 Buy It Now 8h 39m
MONKEES DAYDREAM BELIEVER 7" IN 45 RPM SLSE 470 ZM US $0.99 [0 bids]
Giant - I'm A Believer (2versions) USA PROMO CD SINGLE RARE US $8.99 [0 bids]
THE MONKEES 1966 45 VG++ I'M A BELIEVER / (I'm Not Your) STEPPIN' STONE Colgems US $1.99 [0 bids]
Believer by Laura Dawn (CD, Oct-2001, Extasy Records) US $3.77 [0 bids]
MONKEES CD x 2 Monkeemania - THE BEST OF Double 57 Tracks I'm A Believer NEW US $11.39 Buy It Now 9h 33m
Monkees 45 I'm A Believer / Steppin Stone (Garage) EX US $6.50 [0 bids]
the monkees i'm a believer & steppin stone US $0.25 [0 bids]
MICHAEL BACON Kevin Bacon's Brother LP LOVE SONG BELIEVER Monument Folk Rock 75 US $19.00 Buy It Now 11h 12m
SMASH MOUTH I'm A Believer CD Single US $8.94 Buy It Now 11h 20m
Rare Rock 45 & Pic Sleeve - The Monkees - Daydream Believer - Colgems # 66- 1012 US $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 34m
VG++ FLAMINGO ORKESTRA W/ CYNTHIA MANLEY STILL A BELIEVER IN LOVE (BOTH SIDES) US $4.98 Buy It Now 11h 36m
Daydream Believer-1991-Australia Original Movie Soundtrack-14 Track-CD US $44.88 Buy It Now 11h 52m
Tommy Overstreet "I'm A Believer" Record Album ABC Dot DOSD-2016 (Promo) US $5.00 [0 bids]
I'm a Believer and Other Hits by The Monkees (CD, 1999, Flashback Records) US $4.00 [0 bids]
FINK Hard believer 2LP MP3 DOWNLOAD CODE 180gr GATEFOLD BOOLKET US $39.99 Buy It Now 13h 8m
Monkees Daydream Believer Goin Down 45 Record Album US $4.99 [0 bids]
Sarah Vaughan 45 True Believer What's The Use Promo US $9.97 Buy It Now 14h 7m
Rhett Miller - Believer ( CD 2006 ) NEW US $2.93 Buy It Now 16h 25m
Believer ARGH!!! The Official R.E.X. Sampler CD US $7.13 Buy It Now 17h 29m
THE REAL PEOPLE - BELIEVER 12" US $1.62 Buy It Now 17h 30m
Mariam The Believer poster live at the London Electrowerkz US $8.19 [0 bids]
AMX- BELIEVER CD GREEK ELECTRONICA 2002 NEW US $19.99 Buy It Now 18h
JOHN COLTRANE - THE BELIEVER [JOHN COLTRANE] - NEW CD US $7.16 Buy It Now 19h 16m
John Stewart : Airdream Believer CD (2000) US $14.32 Buy It Now 20h 45m
American Authors Believer Promo CD Single 1 Track US $4.90 Buy It Now 21h 5m
MONKEES Daydream Believer / Goin' Down 1967 COLGEMS CLASSIC ROCK 45-1012 US $10.00 Buy It Now 21h 11m
Monkees, Daydream Believer / Randy Scouse. US $2.99 [0 bids]
"7"-Robert Wyatt-I'm a Believer/Memories UK '74 prog pop-ex Soft Machine US $9.99 [0 bids]
True Believer -- Ronnie Milsap -- Brand New Country Music CD US $10.49 Buy It Now 23h 22m
COLTRANE, John - The Believer (reissue) - LP US $25.98 Buy It Now 23h 25m
MO MAN believer JAPAN CD SEALED EN23 US $4.94 Buy It Now 23h 42m
THE MONKEES Daydream Believer (The Platinum Collection / Best Of CD, 2005) MINT US $7.03 Buy It Now 23h 50m
J.P. FIRES Believer/Happening to You RARE 80s POWERPOP SYNTH Pago 12" LISTEN US $36.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Smashmouth I'm A Believer Promo Single US $81.99 [0 bids]
TOMMY OVERSTREET *DJ COPY* "I'M A BELIEVER" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Anacrusis Ag Silver Greatest Hits Re-mixes Re-recordings New Atheist Believer US $19.99 [0 bids]
Great NEW (Never Opened)Vintage Music LP- KENNETH COPELAND "I'm A Believer" US $3.29 Buy It Now 1 day
True Believer - Ronnie Milsap (CD 1993) US $11.80 Buy It Now 1 day
Daydream Believer and Other Hits by The Monkees (CD, 1999, Flashback Records) US $2.05 Buy It Now 1 day
BROOK BENTON: Movin' Day / Poor Make Believer 45 (dj) Soul US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE POPINJAYS - I'M A BELIEVER 12" WHITE LABEL VINYL 81TP12 US $10.64 Buy It Now 1 day
THE MONKEES/GOIN DOWN/DAYDREAM BELIEVER/COGEMS RECORDS 45 RPM US $5.00 [0 bids]
I'm a Believer - Splash New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $22.43 Buy It Now 1 day
The Monkees I'm Not Your Steppin' Stone and I'm a Believer 45rpm Picture Sleeve US $3.99 [0 bids]
SAM DEES After All 12" 4 Track B/w Edited Version,true Believer In Love And Alwa US $11.47 Buy It Now 1 day
COMMON The Dreamer / The Believer LP SEALED US $20.69 Buy It Now 1 day
MONKEES "Daydream Believer/Goin' Down" Colgems 1012, 1967 VG+/VG++ w/ps US $12.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Stephen Brown "Freeloading Believer" CD Album 14Track 2009 US $2.54 [0 bids]
Believer by Kutless (CD, 2012, BEC Recordings) US $6.95 Buy It Now 1 day
VEIN CRANES - TRUE BELIEVER B/W PINK MOTHERFUCKER, ATTITUDE 7" EP GONER RECORDS US $5.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Johnny Cash~"A Believer Sings The Truth"~dbl lp vinyl record Cachet CL3-9001 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE MONKEES: GREATEST HITS CD [Rhino]! 20 TRACKS! I'M A BELIEVER, VALERI! VG+ US $7.99 [0 bids]
Vintage 45 RPM Record The Monkees I'm a Believer & Not Your Steppin' Stone US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Monkees I'm a Believer Colgems + sleeve 45rpm US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Monkees I'm A Believer Steppin Stone with picture sleeve 7" Rock US $2.49 [0 bids]
The Monkees I'M A BELIEVER Best Of 36 Track Collection NEW SEALED 2 CD US $7.99 [0 bids]
The Monkees Daydream Believer 45 RPM Vinyl Record Single Colgems 66-1012 US $11.98 Buy It Now 1 day
The Monkees I'm A Believer 45 RPM Vinyl Record Single Colgems 66-1002 US $11.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Believer - Kutless US $11.08 Buy It Now 1 day
Sass Jordan Racine CD Make You a Believer Cry Baby Who Do You Think You Are ROCK US $5.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Vintage Anne Murray 45 RPM Record Daydream Believer Do You Think of Me Capitol US $1.00 [0 bids]
The CRUCIFIED S/T 1st CD CHRISTian Thrash/Hardcore Crashdog Believer Vengeance US $57.77 Buy It Now 1 day
THE MONKEES "DAYDREAM BELIEVER COLLECTION VOLUME 1" CD [NEW/SEALED] US $13.43 Buy It Now 1 day
Monkees "Daydream Believer" Great Oz 7" US $8.98 Buy It Now 1 day
THE MONKEES I'M A BELIEVER 45 RECORD NM- DJ COLLECTION FREE SHIPPING! US $9.99 [0 bids]
The MONKEES Daydream Believer & Goin Down Colgems 45rpm 66-1012 Record US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE~MONKEES~DAYDREAM~BELIEVER~GOIN~DOWN~45~RPM~&~PS US $12.66 Buy It Now 1 day
Anne Murray - Daydream Believer / Do You Think Of Me 45 1979 VG / VG+ US $1.39 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy BELIEVER music online Buy BELIEVER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BELIEVER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BELIEVER Extraction from Mortality ratings distribution

BELIEVER Extraction from Mortality reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars "Extraction from Mortality" is the debut full-length studio album by US thrash metal act Believer. As the band name may suggest the bandīs lyrics revolve around theological and philosophical questions from a Christian point of view. The album was released through R.E.X. Records in 1989 and mainly distributed through christian bookstores. Roadrunner Records would however pick up on the band and release their next two albums "Sanity Obscure (1990)" and "Dimensions (1993)" to a secular audience while R.E.X. Records would still concentrate on mainly reaching a christian audience. "Extraction from Mortality" was re-released in 2001 by Millenium Eight Records featuring two bonus tracks.

Stylistically the music on "Extraction from Mortality" is technically well played thrash metal and a band like Coroner comes to mind more than once as well as the "Extreme Aggression (1989)" and "Coma of Souls (1990)" albums by Kreator. Bands like Demolition Hammer, Invocator and Sadus could also be mentioned a references. I know some refered to Believer as death/thrash back in the 90s so that might be a valid description although I personally think this is more thrash than death.

The tracks are predominantly fast-paced but the band play mid-paced sections too. The vocals are aggressive, raw, and raspy. Note the use of riot gang backing vocals on tracks like "D.O.S. (Desolation of Sodom)" and "Not Even One". A feature that is very much of the 80s but rather charming if you ask me. "Not Even One" is actually one of the highlights on the album but Iīd also mention the really fast-paced "Blemished Sacrifices", which at itīs most frantic reminds me of Sadus, as a standout track. The melodic guitar solos deserve a mention too. They are generally very skillfully played and often work as a melodic counterpoint to an otherwise predominantly fiercely aggressive soundscape. "Stress" which closes the album is a bit of an odd song out on "Extraction from Mortality" as itīs more of a crossover sounding track with ska sections. It doesnīt really fit in that well with the rest of the material but itīs not terrible either.

The musicianship are overall on a high level and the sound production is really strong for the time. It reminds me a bit of the sound on "Extreme Aggression (1989)" by Kreator. So all in all "Extraction from Mortality" is a strong debut album by Believer and fans of brutal and technically well played thrash metal are hereby recommended to check out the album. A 3.5 star (70%) rating is deserved.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#216371) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 17, 2009

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Believer's debut album begins with a radio transmission broadcast about a murder case, then a chaotic piano improv clunks along until finally the distorted guitar strings sound in. This signifies the launch of one of the most innovative Christian thrash metal bands. It is a joy for this reviewer to return to this album to review it as it impacted my life during the late 80s and is still not outdated. I had played this many times during my metal obsessed years on cassette but it sounds phenomenal on CD. On 'Unite' the rumbling riff thunders in at 1:50 and it relentlessly breaks into a speedy thrash with gravelly vocals that are impossible to decipher without the lyrics sheet. Daub's drums are always pounding to catch up with the chunky guitars. The vocals are positive but aggressive:

Rise up so you can take a stand the wicked schemes of evil.

I love the instrumental section and the lead break overlayed using twice the guitar power. It is extreme and the sound seems to buzz with a low bass hum, Kraft on bass - difficult to play, easy to listen to for the metal head.

'Vile Hypocrisy' explodes with a technical riff, a very cool rhythm that feels like dadadadum, dadadadum, dadadadum, dah dah daaah. It is so precise and sharp yet manages to scratch the wallpaper off the wall with its brutal riffing. There are more lyrics about legalism in the church:

You blind the eyes that seek to see, deceiving humanity, denying God by deeds, yet claiming intimacy.

A killer riff locks in at 3:20 with lots of breaks and bass. Then a crawl buzzing breakneck riff with pounding speed kickdrums.

'D.O.S. (Desolation of Sodom)' has a stop-start riff that crashes throughout. More of the same vocal style that now grates on me, but the hammer-smashed-face-riffing is to die for. There's no denying the power of technical thrash. The track is about Sodom and Gomorrah of course, the liner notes point to where the scripture references can be found in the Bible so that you can indulge in your own Believer Bible Study if that's what you prefer.

'Tormented' begins with an intricate deep complex riff and picks up the pace before lurching into a solid speed death style. It becomes a bit sameish for me and the growelling vocals are still grinding out and some chorus vocals that sound a bit overkill now as the band scream: Pain, mental torment.

'Shadow of Death' has an acoustic intro which is a nice change from all the thrashing. But it is not long before Bachman and Baddorf's distorted guitars fire up. The riff is once again very good, the drums pound incessantly, and this begins to grow on you after a while. Believer creates a brutal wall of sound that penetrates the very marrow of your bones. The lead break is excellent on this track, almost off kilter, out of tune, and at the same time it all gels together.

'Blemished Sacrifices' features another blistering riff that moves in different metrical patterns before settling on the familiar chugga-chug-chugga-chug speed. This time the speed is breakneck and unrelenting, absolutely ballistic - almost overkill and guaranteed to scare the average Spice Girls fan. At 2:00 in it moves into half time speed but it's still enough to keep the metronome swinging wildly.

'Not Even One' begins with chaotic Slayer-esque riffs and an infectious hook locks in with the usual pass- the-Butter-Menthol vocal treatment. Baddorf screams:

No one is righteous, not even one, there is no one who understands, the anointed one of God they shun, NO ONE.

It is all Bible based but its difficult to tell it's Christian listening to the music alone, that's why this band has a wide appeal - not just for the Christian fan but for those who like speed and thrash in general. It would be easy to mistake them for Sodom, Sepultura or Morbid Angel. The scorching lead break on this track is a killer.

The title track is next beginning with a slow melancholy acoustic sound, and then unusual violins soar over the top giving it an ethereal quality. The orchestral treatment would be further used in a greater sense on their next album on the awesome track 'Dies Irae (Day of Wrath)'. This is the first truly progressive track that blends violin strings with metal distortion and it works admirably, and its well in advance of the likes of Therion, Symphony X or Nightwish. The riff that follows is definitely one of the best Believer riffs, it jumps all over the place with frenetic pace and chaotic pentameter. This highlight is further augmented by the screaming lead break. It is not Steve Vai or Petrucci or Malmsteen, but it works in context with the guitar distortion.

The CD concludes with the off beat quirky 'Stress', an actual song structure based on Luke 12: 22-31. The vocals are different on this one, almost punk like and humorous. There is a strange Reggae funk breakdown midway through and even some vinyl rap effects thrown into the mix. It is apparent that Believer were not trying to be all that serious.

Overall this is a great debut full of speed and thrash and is given an original treatment with Christian lyrics. This was as heavy as it got during the huge reign of Christian thrash. Other bands that came close were Mortification and Tourniquet, but Believer set the bar, and it was a high setting at that. Try them if you are into speed metal, other prog fans beware - this is killer metal at its most extreme.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#216799) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, May 20, 2009

2 stars I was really never a thrash metal fan. I was attracted to extreme music, but my favorite bands were the likes of Sabbat (UK), Slayer and Celtic Frost at that time. Not the thrash metal bands and not the many Metallica clones. Not to mention the many German speed metal bands. So I have set out m ... (read more)

Report this review (#478874) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Friday, July 08, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BELIEVER "Extraction from Mortality"