EXTRACTION FROM MORTALITY

Buy BELIEVER Music
Studio Album, released in 1989

1. Unite (6:39)
2. Vile Hypocrisy (5:35)
3. D.O.S. (Desolation of Sodom) (4:19)
4. Tormented (3:50)
5. Shadow of Death (4:19)
6. Blemished Sacrifices (3:54)
7. Not Even One (3:33)
8. Extraction from Mortality (6:07)
9. Stress (3:01)

- Dave Baddorf / guitar
- Joey Daub / drums

Label: R.E.X Records.
Re-Released in 2001 by M8 [Millenium Eight] Records with two bonus tracks:
10. The Chosen (taken from East Coast Metal compilation)
11. Vile Hypocrisy (remix, taken from Argh!!! compilation)

Bootlegged in 2007 (Europe) and 2008 (USA) by Metal Mind Productions in digipak format limited to 2000 copies.

Thanks to UMUR for the addition

BELIEVER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BELIEVER Extraction from Mortality Music

Metal Mind 2008
GabrielGabriel
Metal Blade 2009
The Monkees - I'm A Believer 7" 1966 Vg RCA 1560 US $7.46 Buy It Now 39m 48s
LUTHER VANDROSS Make Me A Believer b/w Busy Body STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Robert Wyatt(7" Vinyl)I'm A Believer-Virgin-VS 114-UK-Ex/Ex US $9.95 Buy It Now 1h 23m
KNICKELSHOT - HELL BENT BELIEVER US $4.86 Buy It Now 1h 27m
NEIL DIAMOND LP ALBUM I'M A BELIEVER US $3.74 [0 bids]
2 bb king 45s / make you cry / move too soon / midnight believer / love alone US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
mariam the believer (wildbirds & peacedrums) blood donation rare 13 track cd US $4.97 [0 bids]
The Monkees - Steppin' Stone b/w I'm a Believer - Colgems 66-1002 w/ pic sleeve US $12.95 [0 bids]
THE MONKEES I'M A BELIEVER ORIGINAL 1966 GERMAN ALTERNATE SLEEVE PRESS 7" US $11.63 Buy It Now 1h 56m
Believer, Songs by Wayne Moore US $0.99 [0 bids]
MILSAP ronnie/true believer COUNTRY FOLK new RARE cassette tape US $3.88 [0 bids]
Monkees - Daydream Believer / Goin' Down - original single Colgems 66-1012 US $2.50 [0 bids]
3h
38 special rockin' into the night lp stone cold believer 12" A&M SP-4782 US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 43m
J.J. Williams Make A Believer (Out Of Me Again) NM/Gonna Have A NM 1972 R US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 47m
THE MONKEES PicSlv 45 I'M A BELIEVER #1 1966 b/w (I'M NOT YOUR) STEPPIN STONE NM US $4.00 [0 bids]
THE MONKEES - DAYDREAM BELIEVER (JOHN STEWART) UK ORIGINAL 7" IN NEAR EX CON US $1.64 [0 bids]
* ANNE MURRAY 7" PS JAPAN DAYDREAM BELIEVER D317 US $8.00 Buy It Now 4h 47m
SEVENTH ANGEL The Torment CASSETTE Metal THRASH anacrusis SACRAMENT Believer US $6.00 [0 bids]
MARIAM THE BELIEVER - BLOOD DONATION (5414939576621) - NEW CD US $13.63 Buy It Now 5h 13m
THE MONKEES I'M A BELIEVER /MONKEES THEME 45 US $0.83 [0 bids]
GIANT I'M A Believer 7" Ps US $8.29 Buy It Now 5h 48m
The Monkees 45 Daydream Believer/Goin Down Colgems Records #66-1012 US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 8m
Monkees 45 RPM Record-I'm A Believer US $1.50 [0 bids]
Monkees 45 RPM Record-I'm A Believer US $3.00 [0 bids]
Monkees 45 RPM Record-Daydream Believer US $1.00 [0 bids]
B.B. King MIDNIGHT BELIEVER Vinyl LP 1978 *New/Sealed* MCA Records US $15.00 [0 bids]
RUBY ANDREWS - where have you gone b/w you made a believer - ZODIAC US $7.99 [0 bids]
Monkees - I'm A Believer & Other Hits [CD New] US $4.98 Buy It Now 6h 35m
Righteous Metal II (X-SINNER HOLY SOLDIER BELIEVER SACRED WARRIOR BRAND NEW CD) US $24.99 Buy It Now 6h 48m
sas jordan - make you a believer cd single US $8.99 Buy It Now 7h 25m
45 RPM, The Monkees, Daydream Believer, RCA 1645, G to VG, Made in UK US $5.00 Buy It Now 7h 40m
MONKEES Daydream Believer Japanese Picture Sleeve EP US $29.99 Buy It Now 7h 46m
MONKEES~DAYDREAM BELIEVER / (THEME FROM) THE MONKEES~1980 JAPAN 7" SINGLE + P/S US $8.30 [0 bids]
IRON BUTTERFLY: Silly Sally 2:10-Stone Believer 3:10-France 7" Atco 103 204 PSL US $48.98 Buy It Now 7h 52m
MONKEES, STEPPIN STONE/BELIEVER - 7" W/ PICTURE SLEEVE US $17.00 Buy It Now 8h 10m
Vintage Monkees - 45 Record I'm A Believer US $5.99 Buy It Now 8h 47m
Mariam The Believer - Blood Donation (NEW 2 x 12" VINYL LP) US $39.84 Buy It Now 8h 53m
B.B. King - Midnight believer LP 1978 US $16.59 [0 bids]
9h
Mariam The Believer - Blood Donation (NEW CD) US $17.84 Buy It Now 9h 4m
MONKEES monkeys/I'm a believer DAVY JONES teen pop rock NEW CD US $7.88 [0 bids]
CHUCK ARMSTRONG - POOR MAKE BELIEVER - REW W/DEMO US $16.61 Buy It Now 9h 10m
THE DAMNED rare 7" punk single - Wipe Out, I'm A Believer, Let There Be Drums US $21.00 [0 bids]
BELIEVER-Sanity Obscure Original 1990 REX CD Very Rare NEW NEW US $25.99 [0 bids]
Daydream Believer b/w Goin' Down by The Monkees-original issue/picture sleeve US $18.00 [0 bids]
I'm A Believer b/w (I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone by The Monkees US $18.00 [0 bids]
Believer-Dimensions CD FREE SHIPPING Christian Thrash Metal US $10.95 Buy It Now 10h 9m
PAT MCGLYNN daydream believer JAPAN 7" CM-1095 US $6.99 Buy It Now 10h 40m
Stephen Brown "Freeloading Believer" CD Album 14Track 2009 US $2.57 [0 bids]
* THE MONKEES STEPPIN' STONE/I'M A BELIEVER 45 RPM COLGEMS RECORDS 66-1002 US $3.98 Buy It Now 10h 57m
PHIL KEAGGY - True Believer (CD 1995) US $1.99 [0 bids]
(EE688) Mariam The Believer, Invisible Giving - 2013 DJ CD US $4.97 Buy It Now 11h 20m
The Monkees I'M A BELIEVER Best Of 36 Track Collection NEW SEALED 2 CD US $7.99 [0 bids]
The Monkees - I'm A Believer/Steppin' Stone - 1966 EU 45 RPM 7" US $4.99 [0 bids]
THE MONKEES: Daydream Believer / Goin' Down 45RPM US $5.50 Buy It Now 12h 16m
Believer - Gabriel [CD New] US $10.82 Buy It Now 12h 36m
Sass Jordan Racine CD Make You a Believer Cry Baby Who Do You Think You Are ROCK US $5.95 Buy It Now 12h 37m
ANNE MURRAY, DAYDREAM BELIEVER and DO YOU THINK OF ME, 7" vinyl 45 rpm NM++ US $4.40 Buy It Now 12h 48m
JOHN COLTRANE: The Believer LP NEW (import, 140 gm CLEAR vinyl, numbered) US $24.00 [0 bids]
THE MONKEES GOIN' DOWN/DAYDREAM BELIEVER 45 RPM COLGEMS RECORDS 66-1012 US $2.98 Buy It Now 12h 58m
Ruby Andrews You Made a Believer (Out of Me) / Where Have You Gone 1969 Northern US $10.99 [0 bids]
13h
THE MONKEES I'M A BELIEVER/STEPPIN' STONE 45 RPM COLGEMS RECORDS 66-1002 US $4.98 Buy It Now 13h 10m
We The Gathered : Believer CD (2011) US $4.34 Buy It Now 13h 46m
Tin Huey "I'm A Believer" 45 Single PROMO Mono/Stereo US $4.95 Buy It Now 13h 54m
2 Blues LPs B.B. KING Midnight Believer & Electric B.B. US $20.00 Buy It Now 14h 4m
Anne Murray Daydream Believer / Do You Think Of Me 45 rpm Capitol 4813 NM Vinyl US $4.02 Buy It Now 14h 11m
THE MONKEES -I'm A Believer/Steppin' Stone -original U.S. 7" 45 w/ PS -Colgems US $6.00 [0 bids]
THE MONKEES -I'm A Believer/Steppin' Stone -original Italy 7" 45 w/ PS -RCA US $10.00 [1 bids]
THE MONKEES -I'm A Believer/Steppin' Stone -original Germany 7" 45 w/ PS -RCA US $8.00 [0 bids]
MARIAM THE BELIEVER - BLOOD DONATION (UK) NEW CD US $33.87 Buy It Now 16h 18m
DELIVERANCE - INTENSE LIVE SERIES VOL 1 - ORG 1993 CD -THRASH BELIEVER ULTIMATUM US $8.37 Buy It Now 17h 11m
B.B. King, Midnight Believer, Blues 8 Track Tape Cartridge US $5.00 [0 bids]
IRON BUTTERFLY - STONE BELIEVER ( DUTCH ATLANTIC 2091060) 7"PS 1970 US $9.99 [0 bids]
B.B. KING - MIDNIGHT BELIEVER NEW CD US $18.17 Buy It Now 18h 48m
The Dreamer/The Believer [PA] by Common (CD, Dec-2011, Warner Bros.) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Meadows Fortune-Reckless Believer CD NEW US $11.04 Buy It Now 19h 11m
True Believer by Ronnie Milsap (CD, Jul-1993, Liberty (USA) US $5.99 Buy It Now 19h 17m
The Monkees - Daydream Believer 1967 7" RCA 1645 US $5.81 Buy It Now 21h 20m
SASS JORDAN_Make You A Believer_used CD-s_ships from AUSTRALIA_W1 US $9.35 Buy It Now 23h
MARIAM THE BELIEVER THE STRING OF EVERYTHING RARE 1 TRACK UK PROMO CD US $1.64 Buy It Now 23h 2m
THE MONKEES 7" PS Japan I'M A BELIEVER,STEPPIN' STONE r9647 US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Monkees - Goin Down / Daydream Believer 1.25" PINBACK BUTTON BADGE PIN US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Monkees - I'm a Believer: the Best of the Monkees CD NEW US $13.27 Buy It Now 1 day
PESTILENCE, BELIEVER, CYNIC,16x24 Poster Vintage OOP roadrunner sadus asphyx US $10.99 [0 bids]
BROWN SAWYER - TRUE BELIEVER - CURCD126 US $11.48 Buy It Now 1 day
ANNE MURRAY 'DAYDREAM BELIEVER' UK 7" SINGLE US $3.30 Buy It Now 1 day
Tommy Overstreet(Vinyl LP)I'm A Believer-abc-ABCL 5112-UK-Ex/VG US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Monkees' Promo Daydream believer arista 9532 with picture sleeve US $19.99 [0 bids]
Monkees' UK press Daydream Believer Promo arista 63 US $24.99 [0 bids]
The Monkees-I'm a Believer and Other Hits-CD-The original boy band!!!! US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JOHN STEWART 'DAYDREAM BELIEVER' UK 7" SINGLE US $3.30 Buy It Now 1 day
TROY CASSAR-DALEY Volume 2 3CD NEW Beyond The Dancing/True Believer/Big River US $21.88 Buy It Now 1 day
MONKEES I'M A BELIEVER 1966 UNIQUE RARE ITALIAN 7" PS US $20.49 Buy It Now 1 day
THE MONKEES I'm A Believer / Stepping Stone record picture sleeve single 7" US $45.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE WEATHER GIRLS. 'Land Of The Believer' 7" Single US $9.78 Buy It Now 1 day
KOBAYASHI KIYOSHI - DAYDREAM BELIEVER NEW CD US $31.20 Buy It Now 1 day
The Monkees 45 I'm A Believer / Steppin' Stone 1966 Colgems Vinyl Record US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Monkees - Daydream Believer - The Collection Vol 1 (CD New) US $8.62 Buy It Now 1 day
THE MONKEES DAYDREAM BELIEVER 45 RCA BLACK LABEL 1967 US $0.83 [0 bids]
Fink - Hard Believer [Double CD] (CD New) US $23.23 Buy It Now 1 day
THE MONKEES, I'M A BELIEVER ,7" VINYL US $0.83 [0 bids]

More places to buy BELIEVER music online Buy BELIEVER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BELIEVER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BELIEVER Extraction from Mortality ratings distribution

BELIEVER Extraction from Mortality reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars "Extraction from Mortality" is the debut full-length studio album by US thrash metal act Believer. As the band name may suggest the bandīs lyrics revolve around theological and philosophical questions from a Christian point of view. The album was released through R.E.X. Records in 1989 and mainly distributed through christian bookstores. Roadrunner Records would however pick up on the band and release their next two albums "Sanity Obscure (1990)" and "Dimensions (1993)" to a secular audience while R.E.X. Records would still concentrate on mainly reaching a christian audience. "Extraction from Mortality" was re-released in 2001 by Millenium Eight Records featuring two bonus tracks.

Stylistically the music on "Extraction from Mortality" is technically well played thrash metal and a band like Coroner comes to mind more than once as well as the "Extreme Aggression (1989)" and "Coma of Souls (1990)" albums by Kreator. Bands like Demolition Hammer, Invocator and Sadus could also be mentioned a references. I know some refered to Believer as death/thrash back in the 90s so that might be a valid description although I personally think this is more thrash than death.

The tracks are predominantly fast-paced but the band play mid-paced sections too. The vocals are aggressive, raw, and raspy. Note the use of riot gang backing vocals on tracks like "D.O.S. (Desolation of Sodom)" and "Not Even One". A feature that is very much of the 80s but rather charming if you ask me. "Not Even One" is actually one of the highlights on the album but Iīd also mention the really fast-paced "Blemished Sacrifices", which at itīs most frantic reminds me of Sadus, as a standout track. The melodic guitar solos deserve a mention too. They are generally very skillfully played and often work as a melodic counterpoint to an otherwise predominantly fiercely aggressive soundscape. "Stress" which closes the album is a bit of an odd song out on "Extraction from Mortality" as itīs more of a crossover sounding track with ska sections. It doesnīt really fit in that well with the rest of the material but itīs not terrible either.

The musicianship are overall on a high level and the sound production is really strong for the time. It reminds me a bit of the sound on "Extreme Aggression (1989)" by Kreator. So all in all "Extraction from Mortality" is a strong debut album by Believer and fans of brutal and technically well played thrash metal are hereby recommended to check out the album. A 3.5 star (70%) rating is deserved.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#216371) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 17, 2009

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Believer's debut album begins with a radio transmission broadcast about a murder case, then a chaotic piano improv clunks along until finally the distorted guitar strings sound in. This signifies the launch of one of the most innovative Christian thrash metal bands. It is a joy for this reviewer to return to this album to review it as it impacted my life during the late 80s and is still not outdated. I had played this many times during my metal obsessed years on cassette but it sounds phenomenal on CD. On 'Unite' the rumbling riff thunders in at 1:50 and it relentlessly breaks into a speedy thrash with gravelly vocals that are impossible to decipher without the lyrics sheet. Daub's drums are always pounding to catch up with the chunky guitars. The vocals are positive but aggressive:

Rise up so you can take a stand the wicked schemes of evil.

I love the instrumental section and the lead break overlayed using twice the guitar power. It is extreme and the sound seems to buzz with a low bass hum, Kraft on bass - difficult to play, easy to listen to for the metal head.

'Vile Hypocrisy' explodes with a technical riff, a very cool rhythm that feels like dadadadum, dadadadum, dadadadum, dah dah daaah. It is so precise and sharp yet manages to scratch the wallpaper off the wall with its brutal riffing. There are more lyrics about legalism in the church:

You blind the eyes that seek to see, deceiving humanity, denying God by deeds, yet claiming intimacy.

A killer riff locks in at 3:20 with lots of breaks and bass. Then a crawl buzzing breakneck riff with pounding speed kickdrums.

'D.O.S. (Desolation of Sodom)' has a stop-start riff that crashes throughout. More of the same vocal style that now grates on me, but the hammer-smashed-face-riffing is to die for. There's no denying the power of technical thrash. The track is about Sodom and Gomorrah of course, the liner notes point to where the scripture references can be found in the Bible so that you can indulge in your own Believer Bible Study if that's what you prefer.

'Tormented' begins with an intricate deep complex riff and picks up the pace before lurching into a solid speed death style. It becomes a bit sameish for me and the growelling vocals are still grinding out and some chorus vocals that sound a bit overkill now as the band scream: Pain, mental torment.

'Shadow of Death' has an acoustic intro which is a nice change from all the thrashing. But it is not long before Bachman and Baddorf's distorted guitars fire up. The riff is once again very good, the drums pound incessantly, and this begins to grow on you after a while. Believer creates a brutal wall of sound that penetrates the very marrow of your bones. The lead break is excellent on this track, almost off kilter, out of tune, and at the same time it all gels together.

'Blemished Sacrifices' features another blistering riff that moves in different metrical patterns before settling on the familiar chugga-chug-chugga-chug speed. This time the speed is breakneck and unrelenting, absolutely ballistic - almost overkill and guaranteed to scare the average Spice Girls fan. At 2:00 in it moves into half time speed but it's still enough to keep the metronome swinging wildly.

'Not Even One' begins with chaotic Slayer-esque riffs and an infectious hook locks in with the usual pass- the-Butter-Menthol vocal treatment. Baddorf screams:

No one is righteous, not even one, there is no one who understands, the anointed one of God they shun, NO ONE.

It is all Bible based but its difficult to tell it's Christian listening to the music alone, that's why this band has a wide appeal - not just for the Christian fan but for those who like speed and thrash in general. It would be easy to mistake them for Sodom, Sepultura or Morbid Angel. The scorching lead break on this track is a killer.

The title track is next beginning with a slow melancholy acoustic sound, and then unusual violins soar over the top giving it an ethereal quality. The orchestral treatment would be further used in a greater sense on their next album on the awesome track 'Dies Irae (Day of Wrath)'. This is the first truly progressive track that blends violin strings with metal distortion and it works admirably, and its well in advance of the likes of Therion, Symphony X or Nightwish. The riff that follows is definitely one of the best Believer riffs, it jumps all over the place with frenetic pace and chaotic pentameter. This highlight is further augmented by the screaming lead break. It is not Steve Vai or Petrucci or Malmsteen, but it works in context with the guitar distortion.

The CD concludes with the off beat quirky 'Stress', an actual song structure based on Luke 12: 22-31. The vocals are different on this one, almost punk like and humorous. There is a strange Reggae funk breakdown midway through and even some vinyl rap effects thrown into the mix. It is apparent that Believer were not trying to be all that serious.

Overall this is a great debut full of speed and thrash and is given an original treatment with Christian lyrics. This was as heavy as it got during the huge reign of Christian thrash. Other bands that came close were Mortification and Tourniquet, but Believer set the bar, and it was a high setting at that. Try them if you are into speed metal, other prog fans beware - this is killer metal at its most extreme.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#216799) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, May 20, 2009

2 stars I was really never a thrash metal fan. I was attracted to extreme music, but my favorite bands were the likes of Sabbat (UK), Slayer and Celtic Frost at that time. Not the thrash metal bands and not the many Metallica clones. Not to mention the many German speed metal bands. So I have set out m ... (read more)

Report this review (#478874) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Friday, July 08, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BELIEVER "Extraction from Mortality"