DIMENSIONS

Studio Album, released in 1993

1. Gone (5:47)
2. Future Mind (5:34)
3. Dimentia (5:36)
4. What Is But Cannot Not Be (5:28)
5. Singularity (4:24)
6. No Apology (4:55)
7. Trilogy of Knowledge - Intro: The Birth (2:17)
8. Trilogy of Knowledge - Movement I: The Lie (5:27)
9. Trilogy of Knowledge - Movement II: The Truth (6:46)
10. Trilogy of Knowledge - Movement III: The Key (6:21)

Search BELIEVER Dimensions lyrics

Guest musicians:
- Julianne Laird / soprano
- Glenn Fischbach / cello
- Scott Laird / violin, violas
- William Keller / spoken voice on the track 'Dimentia'

Label: R.E.X Records/ Roadrunner Records
There are two different cover arts existing for this release. One for the R.E.X.
version and another for the RoadRunner version ( The roadrunner version is shown here on PA).
Re-released in 2007 (Europe) and 2008 (USA) by Metal Mind Productions in
digipack format.

Also re-released December 2004 by Retroactive Records limited to 1000 copies,
with three bonus tracks taken from a show 31 October 1989:
12) Blemished Sacrifices (live)
13) The Chosen (live)
14) Stress (live)
(The 11th track is five seconds long and is present on all versions of the
album, but is just a band member saying "We love you, take care, bye bye".)
Produced by The Trauma Team with Ted Hermanson

Thanks to UMUR for the addition

BELIEVER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BELIEVER Dimensions Music

Metal Blade 2009
Sanity ObscureSanity Obscure
Limited Edition
Massacre Germany 2008
THE MONKEES PicSlv 45 I'M A BELIEVER #1 1966 b/w (I'M NOT YOUR) STEPPIN STONE NM US $4.00 [0 bids]
41m 28s
COLTRANE, John - The Believer (reissue) - LP US $26.38 Buy It Now 1h 21m
JAZZ LP JOHN COLTRANE "THE BELIEVER" PRESTIGE #PR 7292 / YELLOW NJ DG VAN GELDER US $81.00 [11 bids]
MO MAN believer JAPAN CD SEALED EN23 US $5.49 Buy It Now 1h 38m
THE MONKEES Daydream Believer (The Platinum Collection / Best Of CD, 2005) MINT US $7.47 Buy It Now 1h 46m
True Believer * by Bob Carlisle CD GREATEST HITS BEST OF SEALED BUTTERFLY KISSES US $6.95 [0 bids]
J.P. FIRES Believer/Happening to You RARE 80s POWERPOP SYNTH Pago 12" LISTEN US $36.00 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Ozzy Ozbourne Believer / Goodbye to Romance RSD Picture disc 7" 33 rpm #0596 US $17.00 [0 bids]
TOMMY OVERSTREET *DJ COPY* "I'M A BELIEVER" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 3h 34m
Blood Donation - Mariam The Believer New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $31.46 Buy It Now 3h 49m
The Monkees-Daydream Believer (VG+) US $5.49 Buy It Now 3h 59m
Great NEW (Never Opened)Vintage Music LP- KENNETH COPELAND "I'm A Believer" US $3.29 Buy It Now 4h 31m
True Believer - Ronnie Milsap (CD 1993) US $11.80 Buy It Now 4h 37m
ROBERT WYATT- I'M A BELIEVER VINYL 7" 45RPM p US $1.65 Buy It Now 4h 41m
BROOK BENTON: Movin' Day / Poor Make Believer 45 (dj) Soul US $10.00 Buy It Now 5h 19m
THE POPINJAYS - I'M A BELIEVER 12" WHITE LABEL VINYL 81TP12 US $10.80 Buy It Now 5h 31m
THE MONKEES 7"PS Spain 1967 Daydream believer US $7.50 [0 bids]
FUNERAL ORATION - BELIEVER NEW VINYL US $27.23 Buy It Now 6h
The Monkees I'M A BELIEVER Best Of 36 Track Collection NEW SEALED 2 CD US $7.99 [0 bids]
6274 Daydream Believer-Anne Murray 45 rpm 7" single 1979 Country/Pop NM w/Strips US $1.89 [0 bids]
The Believer by Rhett Miller (CD, Feb-2006, Verve) US $1.99 [0 bids]
believer extraction from mortality pestilence sepultura sadus devastation US $39.99 [0 bids]
COMMON The Dreamer / The Believer LP SEALED US $20.69 Buy It Now 6h 43m
DALLAS HOLM & PRAISE HEY I'M A BELIEVER Live 1977 Greentree Vinyl LP R3441 US $0.99 [0 bids]
The MONKEES I'M A BELIEVER-COLGEMS 45 ORIG. RECORD -Steppin' Stone VG+-NM US $1.00 [0 bids]
Believer by Kutless (CD, 2012, BEC Recordings) US $6.95 Buy It Now 8h 15m
Believer - CD [USG] US $4.58 Buy It Now 8h 36m
Monkees I'm A Believer Steppin Stone with picture sleeve 7" Rock US $3.99 [0 bids]
LAURA DAWN "BELIEVER" 2001 UNPLAYED RADIO STATION MUSIC LIBRARY PROMO OOP CD US $0.89 [0 bids]
Daydream Believer / Goin Down The Monkees 45 Colgems 66-1012 VG US $4.99 [0 bids]
VEIN CRANES - TRUE BELIEVER B/W PINK MOTHERFUCKER, ATTITUDE 7" EP GONER RECORDS US $5.98 Buy It Now 8h 49m
Johnny Cash~"A Believer Sings The Truth"~dbl lp vinyl record Cachet CL3-9001 US $19.99 Buy It Now 8h 55m
Vintage 45 RPM Record The Monkees I'm a Believer & Not Your Steppin' Stone US $12.00 Buy It Now 10h 11m
The Monkees Daydream Believer (alt mix) Rhino promo 7" vinyl OOP US $55.98 [1 bids]
Believer - Kutless US $11.08 Buy It Now 10h 57m
The Monkees; Goin Down/Daydream Believer Colgems 45 EX PICTURE SLEEVE #66-1012 US $5.50 [1 bids]
Monkees, Daydream Believer / Randy Scouse. US $2.99 [0 bids]
the monkees i'm a believer & steppin stone US $0.25 [0 bids]
The CRUCIFIED S/T 1st CD CHRISTian Thrash/Hardcore Crashdog Believer Vengeance US $57.77 Buy It Now 11h 42m
NEIL DIAMOND-SEPTEMBER MORN-LP-NM-COLUMBIA-I'M A BELIEVER-STAGGER LEE US $2.99 [0 bids]
THE MONKEES "DAYDREAM BELIEVER COLLECTION VOLUME 1" CD [NEW/SEALED] US $13.92 Buy It Now 12h 43m
Monkees "Daydream Believer" Great Oz 7" US $9.31 Buy It Now 13h 10m
Ronnie Milsap - True Believer (1993) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 13h 28m
The MONKEES Daydream Believer & Goin Down Colgems 45rpm 66-1012 Record US $7.99 Buy It Now 14h 9m
The Dreamer/The Believer [PA] by Common (CD, Dec-2011, Warner Bros.) US $6.99 [0 bids]
15h
The Monkees 45 I'm A Believer/(I'm Not Your) Steppin Stone - 66-1002 VG- US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE~MONKEES~DAYDREAM~BELIEVER~GOIN~DOWN~45~RPM~&~PS US $12.66 Buy It Now 15h 22m
Anne Murray - Daydream Believer / Do You Think Of Me 45 1979 VG / VG+ US $1.39 Buy It Now 16h 24m
PAUL SLADE believer and the wayfinder LP 11 track gatefold, some minor edgewear US $19.34 Buy It Now 17h
THE MONKEES-DAYDREAM BELIEVER b/w GOIN' DOWN-7" SINGLE-1967 RCA OZ ISSUE-SCARCE US $17.46 Buy It Now 19h 4m
Mariam The Believer - Blood Donation - 13 Track US $6.64 Buy It Now 19h 29m
I'm A Believer,I'm Not Your Steppin Stone - The Monkees (45 1966) {Single} US $0.25 [0 bids]
Midnight Believer & Take It H * NEW * Free Priority Shipping US $16.31 Buy It Now 21h 52m
I'm a Believer: The Best of the Monkees * NEW * Free Priority Shipping US $13.70 Buy It Now 21h 56m
JIM ED BROWN & HELEN CORNELIUS SIGNED COPY LP BORN BELIEVER US $15.39 [0 bids]
ATLAS MOTH - OLD BELIEVER NEW CD US $21.90 Buy It Now 22h 32m
I'm a Believer and Other Hits by Monkees (The) (CD, Jan-1999, Flashback Records) US $5.49 Buy It Now 22h 47m
Jean Shepard - I'm A Believer - MINT SEALED LP US $10.95 Buy It Now 23h 5m
THE MONKEES 3inch CD snap pack JAPAN DAYDREAM BELIEVER US $23.00 Buy It Now 23h 46m
The Monkees I'm A Believer Flashback CD Used US $5.99 Buy It Now 23h 48m
Dreamer the Believer - Common New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $29.24 Buy It Now 23h 53m
I'M A BELIEVER / (I'M NOT YOUR) STEPPING STONE 1966 THE MONKEES RCA VICTOR 1560 US $1.65 [0 bids]
The Monkees: Goin' Down/Day Dream Believer 45 Record US $2.99 [0 bids]
Monkees 45 RPM Record-Daydream Believer US $1.00 [0 bids]
Monkees 45 RPM Record-I'm A Believer US $1.50 [0 bids]
B.B. KING "MIDNIGHT BELIEVER" US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
True Believer by US $6.30 Buy It Now 1 day
Tommy Overstreet "I'm A Believer" Record Album ABC Dot DOSD-2016 (Promo) US $5.00 [0 bids]
Ronnie Milsap , Audio CD, True Believer US $8.87 Buy It Now 1 day
HENRY PRIESTMAN - True Believer. UK CD +pr (The Christians, Buy 3 = Free P US $3.30 Buy It Now 1 day
The Monkees Arista 45 Record #9119 VG+ I'm A Believer / Pleasant Valley Sunday US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
2011 Believer Transhuman Music CD Sealed US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
believer sanity obscure 1990 r.e.x. records cassette US $10.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Believer Sanity Obscure USA Cassette Tape US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
7" 45 rpm - THE MONKEES - I'M A BELIEVER/(I'M NOT YOUR) STEPPIN' STONE - Colgems US $1.99 [0 bids]
Tommy Overstreet I'm A Believer / This Land Is A Big Land 7" 45 rpm Goldies NM US $3.30 Buy It Now 1 day
True Believer - Bob Carlisle New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $12.86 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL DIAMOND - I'M A BELIEVER (IMPORT) NEW CD US $16.93 Buy It Now 1 day
The Monkees 45 I'm A Believer Picture Sleeve Colgems 66-1002 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Local Hero: Daydream Believer 12 Inch DJ Copy Ariola Records Made in USA US $8.21 Buy It Now 1 day
The Monkees - Daydream Believer (The Platinum Collection, 2005) New US $5.59 Buy It Now 1 day
TOMMY OVERSTREET - I'm A Believer - Ex Con LP Record US $21.62 Buy It Now 1 day
Robert wyatt i'm a believer 1974 uk virgin label vinyl 7"single vs 114 US $9.14 Buy It Now 1 day
Monkees 45 RPM Record-I'm A Believer US $3.00 [0 bids]
The Monkees Im a Believer US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Monkees Daydream Believer US $0.99 [0 bids]
PAT McGLYNN'S SCOTTIES Daydream Believer GP-1095 OBI LP AE1210 US $7.99 [0 bids]
EMF Feat Reeves & Mortimer I'm A Believer Cd Single US $6.64 Buy It Now 1 day
Weather Girls Land Of The Non Believer (PS)7" Vinyl US $9.57 Buy It Now 1 day
RHETT MILLER - The Believer - RARE 12 Track CD Advance US $5.19 Buy It Now 1 day
New Believer - Near Perfect US $3.92 Buy It Now 1 day
(EI496) Troy Cassar-Daley, True Believer, 2 CDS - 1997 CD US $10.15 Buy It Now 1 day
JAZZ/ David Sanborn - Believer (Promo) US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RONNIE MILSAP These Foolish Things / True Believer LIBERTY used 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JOHN CAMPBELL One Believer SEALED on Cassette Tape US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Monkees 45 Daydream Believer/(I'm Not Your)Steppin Stone Arista Records US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Believer by Rhett Miller (CD, Feb-2006, Verve) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Slow Down Molasses : Im An Old Believer CD (2008) US $11.90 Buy It Now 1 day
BELIEVER - DIMENSIONS (LTD) (REISSUE) (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $22.27 Buy It Now 1 day
MONKEES--PICTURE SLEEVE ONLY--(DAYDREAM BELIEVER)--PS--PIC--SLV US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy BELIEVER music online Buy BELIEVER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BELIEVER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BELIEVER Dimensions ratings distribution

BELIEVER Dimensions reviews

Review by UMUR
4 stars "Dimensions" is the 3rd full-length studio album by US technical/progressive thrash metal act Believer. It would also be their last album in 16 years as Believer disbanded in 1994 and wouldn´t release their next album "Gabriel" before 2009. The album was distributed by R.E.X. Records for the christian market (Believer write lyrics based on their christian beliefs) while Roadrunner Records distributed the album to the secular audience. "Dimensions" was re-released by Retroactive Records in December 2004 with 3 bonus tracks which were recorded live on the 31th of October 1989. The re-release is limited to 1000 copies. A few lineup changes have taken place since the release of their last album "Sanity Obscure (1990)" as guitarist Dave Baddorf and bassist Wyatt Robertson have left the band and Jim Winters has replaced them and handles both the bass and some of the guitars on "Dimensions". The core of the band, guitarist/lead vocalist Kurt Bachman and drummer Joey Daub are still present in the lineup.

The basis in the music on "Dimensions" is still aggressive technical thrash metal like Believer also played on their two previous albums but the music on "Dimensions" is far more sophisticated and varied than the case was on the predecessors. Believer venture into progressive territory more than once during the playing time and listeners who found their previous albums too simple should try this one out. There are lots of interesting time signature changes, samples, female soprano vocals and a far more integrated use of orchestral string arrangements on this one than what we´re used to from the band. The pace is generally a bit slower than the predominanly frantic pace of their earlier releases but there are still very fast paced sections on the album. The string arrangements are heard on "What is but cannot not be" but are fully integrated in the four chapter 20 minutes long suite (the songs are seperated. This is not one long track) "Trilogy of Knowledge". A powerful mix of technical thrash metal and classical string arrangements with both aggressive raspy vocals and female soprano vocal parts. This is the centerpiece, highlight, and the most progressive moment of the album. The other tracks on the album are quality material too.

The musicianship are on a high level throughout. Challenging compositional structures and tight playing make "Dimensions" an intriguing listening experience. The sound production by The Trauma Team (Kurt Bachman and Joey Daub) and Ted Hermanson is dark and powerful. An excellent sound that suits the music well. While Believer never received the attention they deserved I personally think "Dimensions" is a seminal technical/progressive thrash metal album from the 90s and mandatory listening if you´re a fan of the style. A 4 star (80%) rating is deserved.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#216451) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 18, 2009

Post a review of BELIEVER "Dimensions"