GABRIEL

Believer Gabriel album cover

Buy BELIEVER Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. Medwton (7:23)
2. A Moment In Prime (6:07)
3. Stoned (4:32)
4. Redshift (5:21)
5. History Of Decline (3:49)
6. The Need For Conflict (5:14)
7. Focused Lethality (3:46)
8. Shut Out The Sun (5:38)
9. The Brave (4:19)
10. Nonsense Mediated Decay (8:49)

Search BELIEVER Gabriel lyrics

- Kevin Leaman / guitar
- Elton Nestler / bass guitar, programming

Guest musicians:
- Joe Rico (Sacrifice)
- Deron Miller (CKY, World Under Blood)
- Rocky Gray (Evanescence, Soul Embraced, Living Sacrifice)
- Howard Jones (Killswitch Engage)
- Scott Laird / violin
- Jim Winters / guitar solos
- William Keller / voices
- John & Alexander Boden / voices

Label: Metal Blade Records/Cesspool Recordings
Produced by The Trauma Team

Thanks to UMUR for the addition
and to proglucky for the last updates

BELIEVER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BELIEVER Gabriel Music

GabrielGabriel
Metal Blade 2009
DimensionsDimensions
Extra tracks · Limited Edition · Remastered
Retroactive Records
TranshumanTranshuman
Metal Blade 2011
Jesus Music Closeout, Dallas Holm & Praise, Live (Hey I'm a Believer), Greentree US $0.79 [1 bids]
51m 44s
1966 THE MONKEES Steppin' Stone/Believer 45 record Colgem 66-1002 Picture Sleeve US $2.99 [1 bids]
51m 51s
FINK - Hard Believer. rare UK 10 track CD +press release (Buy 3 = Free P US $6.13 [3 bids]
58m 17s
J.P. FIRES Believer/Happening to You RARE 80s POWERPOP SYNTH Pago 12" LISTEN US $36.00 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Popinjays I'm A Believer UK 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) 81TP12 US $13.89 Buy It Now 1h 10m
The Poems - I Am A Believer Vinyl 7" Single Indie Rock US $3.40 [0 bids]
THE MONKEES - I'M A BELIEVER 1966 VINYL V/G US $1.69 [1 bids]
The Monkees - I'm A Believer / (I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone 7" 45 - Colgems - US $5.69 [0 bids]
The Monkees I'M A BELIEVER Best Of 36 Track Collection NEW SEALED 2 CD US $7.99 [0 bids]
TOMMY OVERSTREET *DJ COPY* "I'M A BELIEVER" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 2h 8m
The Monkees-Daydream Believer (VG+) US $5.49 Buy It Now 2h 33m
Great NEW (Never Opened)Vintage Music LP- KENNETH COPELAND "I'm A Believer" US $3.29 Buy It Now 3h 5m
Fink "Hard Believer" US $1.99 [1 bids]
True Believer - Ronnie Milsap (CD 1993) US $11.80 Buy It Now 3h 11m
BROOK BENTON: Movin' Day / Poor Make Believer 45 (dj) Soul US $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 54m
THE POPINJAYS - I'M A BELIEVER 12" WHITE LABEL VINYL 81TP12 US $11.07 Buy It Now 4h 5m
FUNERAL ORATION - BELIEVER NEW VINYL US $27.41 Buy It Now 4h 27m
THE MONKEES - I'm A Believer / (I'm Not Your) Stepping Stone - 7" single US $6.47 Buy It Now 4h 28m
FINK Hard Believer 2014 UK 10-trk promo CD US $8.52 [1 bids]
JOHN CAMPBELL One Believer SEALED on Cassette Tape US $5.99 Buy It Now 5h 14m
COMMON The Dreamer / The Believer LP SEALED US $20.69 Buy It Now 5h 17m
Believer by Kutless (CD, 2012, BEC Recordings) US $6.95 Buy It Now 6h 49m
Believer - CD [USG] US $4.69 Buy It Now 7h 11m
CATERINA CASELLI 7" Italian MOD ī67 Iīm A Believer Sono Bugiarda THE MONKEES US $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 19m
VEIN CRANES - TRUE BELIEVER B/W PINK MOTHERFUCKER, ATTITUDE 7" EP GONER RECORDS US $4.48 Buy It Now 7h 24m
Johnny Cash~"A Believer Sings The Truth"~dbl lp vinyl record Cachet CL3-9001 US $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 30m
believer sanity obscure rex mortification tourniquet devestation soulfly deicide US $39.99 [0 bids]
ARID - Believer CD Single 4-track import US $0.99 [0 bids]
Vintage 45 RPM Record The Monkees I'm a Believer & Not Your Steppin' Stone US $12.00 Buy It Now 8h 46m
Believer - Kutless US $11.08 Buy It Now 9h 32m
Monkees' UK press Daydream Believer Promo arista 63 US $29.99 [0 bids]
The Monkees 45 RPM (I'm Not Your) Steppin Stone & I'm A Believer COLGEMS RECORDS US $6.99 [0 bids]
The CRUCIFIED S/T 1st CD CHRISTian Thrash/Hardcore Crashdog Believer Vengeance US $57.77 Buy It Now 10h 17m
Monkees' Promo Daydream believer arista 9532 with picture sleeve US $19.99 [0 bids]
Don Julian DOOWOP45(DOOTONE405)Boogie Woogie Teenager/I Am A Believer REISSUEVG+ US $6.95 [0 bids]
IMPORTED CD Smashmouth: I'm a Believer USED US $4.00 [0 bids]
THE MONKEES: GREATEST HITS CD [Rhino]! 20 TRACKS! I'M A BELIEVER, VALERI! VG+ US $7.99 [0 bids]
The Monkees - Daydream Believer / Goin' Down 45 Vg Colgems US $3.00 Buy It Now 11h 2m
THE MONKEES "DAYDREAM BELIEVER COLLECTION VOLUME 1" CD [NEW/SEALED] US $14.01 Buy It Now 11h 18m
Monkees "Daydream Believer" Great Oz 7" US $9.37 Buy It Now 11h 44m
Monkees "Daydream Believer" Smash Hit Oz PS 7" US $9.37 Buy It Now 11h 45m
Monkees "I'm A Believer" Great Oz 7" US $9.37 Buy It Now 11h 46m
NEIL DIAMOND I'M A BELIEVER NM 45rpm SLSE 277 ACL OFFERS??? US $0.99 [0 bids]
Ronnie Milsap - True Believer (1993) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 12h 3m
The MONKEES Daydream Believer & Goin Down Colgems 45rpm 66-1012 Record US $7.99 Buy It Now 12h 44m
The Monkees, "I'm A Believer/(I'm Not Your Stepping Stone)" vinyl 45, PS, US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE~MONKEES~DAYDREAM~BELIEVER~GOIN~DOWN~45~RPM~&~PS US $12.66 Buy It Now 13h 57m
the monkees i'm a believer & steppin stone US $0.25 [0 bids]
Anne Murray - Daydream Believer / Do You Think Of Me 45 1979 VG / VG+ US $1.39 Buy It Now 14h 58m
PAUL SLADE believer and the wayfinder LP 11 track gatefold, some minor edgewear US $20.87 Buy It Now 15h 34m
MONKEES I'M A BELIEVER /(I'M NOT YOUR) STEPPING STONE UK RCA 60s POP HIT US $8.52 Buy It Now 16h 17m
THE MONKEES-DAYDREAM BELIEVER b/w GOIN' DOWN-7" SINGLE-1967 RCA OZ ISSUE-SCARCE US $23.43 Buy It Now 17h 39m
Ruby Andrews You Made a Believer (Out of Me) / Where Have You Gone 1969 Northern US $10.99 [0 bids]
Midnight Believer / Take It Home * NEW * Free Priority Shipping US $16.74 Buy It Now 20h 26m
I'm a Believer: The Best of the Monkees * NEW * Free Priority Shipping US $13.74 Buy It Now 20h 30m
MONKEES/I`M A BELIEVER JPN 7RS13 US $9.00 Buy It Now 20h 47m
I'm a Believer and Other Hits by Monkees (The) (CD, Jan-1999, Flashback Records) US $5.49 Buy It Now 21h 22m
Jean Shepard - I'm A Believer - MINT SEALED LP US $10.95 Buy It Now 21h 39m
J.J. Williams Make A Believer (Out Of Me Again) NM/Gonna Have A NM 1972 R US $4.99 Buy It Now 22h 7m
THE MONKEES 3inch CD snap pack JAPAN DAYDREAM BELIEVER US $23.00 Buy It Now 22h 21m
The Monkees I'm A Believer Flashback CD Used US $5.99 Buy It Now 22h 22m
Fink - Hard Believer DOUBLE VINYL LP NEW/ MINT US $30.70 Buy It Now 22h 31m
HENRY PRIESTMAN - True Believer. UK CD +pr (The Christians, Buy 3 = Free P US $2.54 [0 bids]
believer extraction from mortality pestilence sepultura sadus devastation US $39.99 [0 bids]
I'M A BELIEVER / (I'M NOT YOUR) STEPPING STONE 1966 THE MONKEES RCA VICTOR 1560 US $1.69 [0 bids]
B.B. King MIDNIGHT BELIEVER Vinyl LP 1978 *New/Sealed* MCA Records US $15.00 [0 bids]
B.B. KING "MIDNIGHT BELIEVER" US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Anne Murray~Daydream Believer/Do You Think Of Me?~Pop 45 on Capitol US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Monkees, Daydream Believer / Randy Scouse. US $2.99 [0 bids]
The Monkees Arista 45 Record #9119 VG+ I'm A Believer / Pleasant Valley Sunday US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Monkees (Daydream Believer/Goin Down) Colgems 66-1012 US $25.00 [0 bids]
REAL PEOPLE UK 1992 12" Single BELIEVER DiscMINT US $5.55 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL DIAMOND - I'M A BELIEVER (IMPORT) NEW CD US $17.04 Buy It Now 1 day
Believer Gabriel 2009 CD Thrash Progressive Metal Music Album Brand New US $18.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Robert wyatt i'm a believer 1974 uk virgin label vinyl 7"single vs 114 US $9.37 Buy It Now 1 day
Believer Sanity Obscure USA Cassette Tape US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Tommy Overstreet I'm A Believer / This Land Is A Big Land 7" 45 rpm Goldies NM US $3.30 Buy It Now 1 day
"7"-Robert Wyatt-I'm a Believer/Memories UK '74 prog pop-ex Soft Machine US $14.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Monkees 45 I'm A Believer Picture Sleeve Colgems 66-1002 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Local Hero: Daydream Believer 12 Inch DJ Copy Ariola Records Made in USA US $8.36 Buy It Now 1 day
The Monkees - Daydream Believer (The Platinum Collection, 2005) New US $5.39 Buy It Now 1 day
TOMMY OVERSTREET - I'm A Believer - Ex Con LP Record US $22.17 Buy It Now 1 day
The Monkees-I'm Not Your Steppin' Stone/I'm A Believer-Colgems Records US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Monkees-Goin' Down/DayDream Believer-Colgems US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
EMF Feat Reeves & Mortimer I'm A Believer Cd Single US $6.81 Buy It Now 1 day
MONKEES - I'm a Believer: The Best of the Monkees - 2 CD GREATEST HITS CD US $17.57 [0 bids]
RONNIE MILSAP These Foolish Things / True Believer LIBERTY used 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
the make up r u a believer 7" US $6.00 [0 bids]
RHETT MILLER - The Believer - RARE 12 Track CD Advance US $5.27 Buy It Now 1 day
New Believer - Near Perfect US $4.65 Buy It Now 1 day
MONKEES--PICTURE SLEEVE + 45--(DAYDREAM BELIEVER)--PS--PIC--SLV US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MONKEES--PICTURE SLEEVE ONLY--(DAYDREAM BELIEVER)--PS--PIC--SLV US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MONKEES--PICTURE SLEEVE ONLY--(I'M A BELIEVER)-PS--PIC--SLV US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
(EI496) Troy Cassar-Daley, True Believer, 2 CDS - 1997 CD US $10.41 Buy It Now 1 day
JAZZ/ David Sanborn - Believer (Promo) US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Monkees 45 Daydream Believer/(I'm Not Your)Steppin Stone Arista Records US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL DIAMOND "I'm a Believer & September Morn" 45 rpm US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Monkees I'M A BELIEVER - FLASHBACK Original Recordings CD RETRO Pop US $8.00 [0 bids]
Believer Transhuman 2011 CD Technical Progressive Metal Music Album Brand New US $18.75 Buy It Now 1 day
The Monkees Daydream Believer US $1.99 [1 bids]

More places to buy BELIEVER music online Buy BELIEVER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BELIEVER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BELIEVER Gabriel ratings distribution

BELIEVER Gabriel reviews

Review by UMUR
4 stars "Gabriel" is the 4th full-length studio album by US technical/progressive thrash metal act Believer. Itīs been 16 years since the release of the predecessor "Dimensions (1993)" and I think most fans at this point thought Believer was history. Fortunately lead vocalist/guitarist Kurt Bachman and drummer Joey Daub, who were also the core members on the first three albums by the band, started rehearsing and writing new material in 2005. Believer then signed a three-album deal with Metal Blade Records and "Gabriel" is the first of those three to appear. The album was released in March 2009.

16 years is a long recording break but the music on "Gabriel" is unmistakably the sound of Believer. Their trademark aggressive and technical/progressive thrash metal style is very much intact on the album. "Dimensions (1993)" was their most progressive album out of the first three and while "Gabriel" features quite a few progressive moments Iīd only call it semi-progressive compared to "Dimensions (1993)". Personally itīs of little importance to me and the quality of the music is so extremely high, with lots of intriguing moments and adventurous ideas, that the more direct and less progressive sound on the album is easily forgiven. Tracks like "Stoned", "Redshift" and the wonderful ending track "Nonsense Mediated Decay" do feature a lot of progressive moments though. The latter contains samples of someone talking about alien abductions and UFOs but with the twist that those might be actions of GOD. An interesting theory for sure and another take on the UFO myth. Believerīs lyrics are still written from a christian point of view, but they are not of the preachy kind. Itīs a matter of how you communicate your point and I think Believer do a great job communicating theirīs.

The tracks are generally more mid-paced than the case were on earlier releases by the band but there are still furiously fast-paced technical thrash metal tracks on the album like "The Need For Conflict" and "Focused Lethality". The album is actually pretty varied and there are also some melodic clean singing on the album which is a new thing in Believerīs universe. "Shut Out The Sun" features a semi-melodic chorus and "The Brave" features real clean and melodic singing. Kurt Bachmanīs vocas are even more caustic and fiercely aggressive than on earlier releases though so the few clean vocals on the album shouldnīt be a cause for alarm, for those who donīt enjoy clean singing.

The level of musicianship is high on all posts. Tight rhythmic interplay, powerful vocals, and great guitar solos make this a raw yet sophisticated and intriguing listening experience. The sound production by The Trauma Team (Kurt Bachman and Joey Daub) is powerful and dark. Seldom have I heard a more heavy and brutal guitar sound. Itīs very balanced though and you can hear everything thatīs being played. A very successful production to these ears.

Upon conclusion "Gabriel" is a strong technical/progressive thrash metal album. I find it highly recommendable to those who enjoy technical/progressive thrash metal with 90s sensibilities (spiced up with some contemporary ideas). A 4.5 star (90%) rating is deserved. A welcome return to a band who deserve much more recognition than theyīve gotten so far in their career.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#216523) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
2 stars I really don't believe my eyes. This sounds like crossover of some average trash group combined with AFI. Offering riffs (but not smart ones, rather simple and head-banging ones) with guitar solos from time to time. It's simple and it's even simply horrible (no, I'm not proud of this pun). And I don't think that nor trash, nor this prog trash is genre, where prog can grow. If there's something like that, I don't hear it. At least there are no death-metal vocals. And I'm either missing something, or there's not much good things to be heard. Only think that I find satisfying are these calmer parts (when noise ends, because in noise, what can be good about it when you don't hear anything clearly, every interesting idea that can be here is hidden inside it). But that's sadly just occasionally happening. So

2(+) for nothing. This extreme metal failed to please me. Anyway, some guitar solos are interesting.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#246490) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 27, 2009

4 stars One of the lesser-known prog-tech groups from the later eighties/early nineties reform at a time when reunions in the genre are all the range. The Christian thrash metal outfit return after a long sixteen years out with one of the most addictive albums of the year that will interest fans of th ... (read more)

Report this review (#261298) | Posted by dalekvilla | Sunday, January 17, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BELIEVER "Gabriel"