GABRIEL

Believer Gabriel album cover

Buy BELIEVER Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. Medwton (7:23)
2. A Moment In Prime (6:07)
3. Stoned (4:32)
4. Redshift (5:21)
5. History Of Decline (3:49)
6. The Need For Conflict (5:14)
7. Focused Lethality (3:46)
8. Shut Out The Sun (5:38)
9. The Brave (4:19)
10. Nonsense Mediated Decay (8:49)

Search BELIEVER Gabriel lyrics

- Kevin Leaman / guitar
- Elton Nestler / bass guitar, programming

Guest musicians:
- Joe Rico (Sacrifice)
- Deron Miller (CKY, World Under Blood)
- Rocky Gray (Evanescence, Soul Embraced, Living Sacrifice)
- Howard Jones (Killswitch Engage)
- Scott Laird / violin
- Jim Winters / guitar solos
- William Keller / voices
- John & Alexander Boden / voices

Label: Metal Blade Records/Cesspool Recordings
Produced by The Trauma Team

Thanks to UMUR for the addition
and to proglucky for the last updates

BELIEVER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BELIEVER Gabriel Music

Metal Blade 2009
Sanity ObscureSanity Obscure
Limited Edition
Massacre Germany 2008
KATIE BRIGGS 45 Overland / The Non-Believer DERAM Soul VG++ Promo Copy #C702 US $13.00 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Neil Diamond - IM A Believer CD US $14.69 Buy It Now 2h 24m
MONKEES - i'm a believer, Germany RCA 66-1002 US $6.64 [0 bids]
WE THE GATHERED - BELIEVER (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $14.63 Buy It Now 2h 56m
B.B. King - Midnight Believer [CD New] US $12.63 Buy It Now 3h 3m
Monkees - Daydream Believer & Other Hits [CD New] US $5.97 Buy It Now 4h 15m
Believer Dimensions Rex label US $9.99 [0 bids]
ANNE MURRAY - Day Dream Believer / Do You Think Of Me - 45 RPM US $1.25 [0 bids]
45 RPM w/PIC SLEEVE The Monkees I'M A BELIEVER/STEPPIN' STONE Colgems NM- US $11.00 Buy It Now 6h 37m
BOOGIE/ The Weather Girls - Land Of The Believer US $6.99 Buy It Now 6h 49m
Believer : Dimensions CD (1993) US $8.68 Buy It Now 7h 8m
FLOYD LLOYD - BELIEVER NEW CD US $22.27 Buy It Now 8h 16m
The Poems - I Am A Believer Vinyl 7" Single Indie Rock US $3.30 [0 bids]
J J Williams 45 Gonna Have a Murder on Your Hands/Make a Believer Capitol 3436 US $1.50 Buy It Now 8h 49m
COMMON - DREAMER THE BELIEVER (CLEAN) NEW CD US $24.18 Buy It Now 9h 58m
REAL PEOPLE UK 1992 12" Single BELIEVER DiscMINT US $5.79 Buy It Now 10h 15m
Neil Diamond - I'm A Believer [CD New] US $12.57 Buy It Now 10h 26m
Set of 2 RUBY ANDREWS Zodiac 1015 1020 YOU MADE A BELIEVER / GOTTA BREAK AWAY 45 US $27.19 Buy It Now 10h 34m
Smashmouth I'm A Believer Promo Single US $81.99 [0 bids]
COMMON - DREAMER THE BELIEVER NEW CD US $24.18 Buy It Now 10h 47m
MONKEES(DAVY JONES)-I'M A BELIEVER/STEPPIN' STONE rock 45+PS US $9.98 Buy It Now 10h 52m
38 Special A&M Promo 45 Record #2242 VG+ Stone Cold Believer US $4.00 Buy It Now 10h 56m
Daydream Believer and Other Hits by The Monkees (CD, 1999, Flashback Records) US $2.10 Buy It Now 11h 11m
THE MONKEES USA DJ 7" 45 DAYDREAM BELIEVER, promo from Arista Best Of LP US $9.00 Buy It Now 11h 21m
T'PAU valentine 12" 3 trk b/w giving my love away and i'm a believer (srnt69) pi US $8.28 Buy It Now 11h 22m
WEATHER GIRLS land of the believer 12" 2 trk b/w ff believe in beats mix (651372 US $8.28 Buy It Now 11h 34m
The Monkees - I'M A Believer / (I'M Not Your) Steppin' Stone Colgems US $3.99 [0 bids]
12h
Monkees -- I'm A Believer b/w (I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone US $1.99 [1 bids]
12h
Make Me a Believer - Mutant Great New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $20.89 Buy It Now 12h 2m
PAUL JOHNSON every kinda people 12" 3 trk b/w believer and burnin' (pjohnt6) pic US $8.28 Buy It Now 12h 9m
THE MONKEES - I'm A Believer / (I'm Not Your) Stepping Stone - 7" 45RPM Pop US $6.29 Buy It Now 12h 30m
MATTHEW BARBER**TRUE BELIEVER**VINYL US $6.91 Buy It Now 12h 35m
Believer by Javen - CD, 2006, 15 Tracks - NEW US $7.99 Buy It Now 12h 35m
THE MONKEES I'M A BELIEVER PICTURE SLEEVE WITH 45 ON COLGEMS #66-1002 US $4.99 [0 bids]
13h
TOMMY CASTRO - HARD BELIEVER NEW CD US $23.03 Buy It Now 13h
"7"-Robert Wyatt-I'm a Believer/Memories UK '74 prog pop-ex Soft Machine US $9.99 [0 bids]
Soul NM! 45 BROOK BENTON Poor Make Believer on Cotillion 11 US $5.00 Buy It Now 13h 16m
LOCAL HERO daydream believer 12" 3 trk extended mix b/w dance mix and why don't US $8.28 Buy It Now 13h 49m
Smash Mouth - I'm a Believer - 2001 U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $45.47 Buy It Now 13h 50m
NEIL DIAMOND LP "I'm A Believer" 1967 (Joys 210) UK vg+ US $24.95 Buy It Now 14h 52m
Jim Ed Brown - LOT OF 3 - BEST OF / GENTLE ON MY MIND / BORN BELIEVER (w Helen) US $7.99 Buy It Now 15h 3m
JOHN CAMPBELL ONE BELIEVER + HOWLIN MERCY 2CD MINI LP US $16.99 Buy It Now 15h 7m
Old Believer - Atlas Moth US $10.88 Buy It Now 15h 7m
Hard Believer - Tommy Castro New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $21.22 Buy It Now 16h 32m
POPINJAYS i'm a believer 12" 4 trk b/w 59th street bridge song, it's getting bet US $8.28 Buy It Now 16h 34m
POPINJAYS i'm a believer 12" 4 trk b/w 59th street bridge song, it's gettin US $8.28 Buy It Now 16h 34m
REAL PEOPLE (INDIE) believer 12" 4 trk with inner in die cut cross sleeve b/w if US $8.28 Buy It Now 16h 43m
GIANT i'm a believer 12" 3 trk chr edit promo b/w no way out and big pitch (amy5 US $8.28 Buy It Now 16h 53m
Believer - Sanity Obscure CD - Retroactive - Brand New and RARE! US $9.31 [0 bids]
Jean Shepard I'm A Believer vinyl LP 1975 US $8.00 Buy It Now 17h 19m
THE MONKEES I'm a Believer / Steppin Stone, original Colgems vinyl 45, 1966 US $2.99 Buy It Now 17h 22m
MONKEES, THE I'm A Believer 7" 45 rpm vinyl record + juke box title strip US $8.37 Buy It Now 17h 45m
(CF643) Introducing J.J. Turner, The Believer - DJ CD US $4.96 Buy It Now 18h 10m
Javen : Believer CD (2006) US $11.41 Buy It Now 18h 21m
RONNIE MILSAP-True Believer-JOHN HIATT-COUNTRY-CD'S US $9.99 Buy It Now 18h 46m
NEIL DIAMOND: September Morn/I'm A Believer (rock vinyl 45) US $5.00 Buy It Now 18h 54m
MONKEES, THE: (I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone/I'm A Believer (rock vinyl 45) US $10.00 Buy It Now 18h 58m
Monkees 7" Record Daydream Believer PS Picture Sleeve PROMO rock 45 NM US $10.00 Buy It Now 19h 4m
2 Monkees 45 rpm Records Colgems Daydream Believer & Clarksville /w 45 Album US $12.99 [0 bids]
MONKEES--PICTURE SLEEVE + 45--(I'M A BELIEVER)--PS--PIC--SLV US $11.99 Buy It Now 20h 41m
THE MONKEES DAYDREAM BELIEVER 7" 45 RPM W/ PICTURE SLEEVE 60'S POP US $19.99 [0 bids]
RONNIE MILSAP - TRUE BELIEVER - NEW SEALED CD US $7.15 Buy It Now 20h 55m
THE MONKEES Daydream Believer COLGEMS 45 rpm PICTURE SLEEVE Goin' Down Vinyl US $9.99 Buy It Now 21h 13m
THE MONKEES I'm A Believer COLGEMS 45 rpm w PICTURE SLEEVE Steppin' Stone Vinyl US $9.99 Buy It Now 21h 13m
TROY CASSAR-DALEY-TRUE BELIEVER-13 TRK CD-AUSTRALIA-1996 US $10.70 Buy It Now 21h 45m
STONEY EDWARDS VG++ She's Helping Me Get Over You 45 You're A Believer 3550 US $14.96 Buy It Now 21h 51m
Firm Believer Advanced 1983 Christian Aerobics Excercise Album Imperials Desario US $14.00 Buy It Now 22h 28m
SASS JORDAN (MAKE YOU A BELIEVER) CANADA CASSETTE SINGLE US $1.00 [0 bids]
Peregrins-True Believer-Promo 12"-MCA-17865-Og Sticker-Vinyl Record US $2.99 [0 bids]
Phil Keaggy--True Believer 1995 XIAN Pop Rock CCM SEALED New Cassette Tape US $5.50 Buy It Now 23h 52m
cd-album, Common - The Dreamer, The Believer, 12 Tracks, Australia US $11.13 Buy It Now 1 day
MONKEES - GOIN DOWN / DAYDREAM BELIEVER 7" TURKISH PRESSING RARE US $70.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE MONKEES - I'M A BELIEVER / STEPPING STONE 7" TURKISH PRESSING US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL DIAMOND: I'm A Believer (rock & pop vinyl 45) US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
KUTLESS - BELIEVER [CHRISTMAS EDITION] [BOX] - NEW CD BOXSET US $12.10 Buy It Now 1 day
Rhett Miller - The Believer CD - Near Mint US $9.30 Buy It Now 1 day
B.B. KING-Midnight Believer-LP-1978 ABC Records Australian issue-(AA 1061) US $17.64 Buy It Now 1 day
45 RPM Picture Sleeve - THE MONKEES - DAYDREAM BELIEVER AND GOIN DOWN US $15.99 [0 bids]
45 RPM Picture Sleeve - THE MONKEES - I'M A BELIEVER US $19.99 [0 bids]
The Monkees-Goin' Down/DayDream Believer-Colgems US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Monkees-I'm Not Your Steppin' Stone/I'm A Believer-Colgems Records US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Living Strings Lp I'm A Believer+other Monkees' Hits ~ Camden mono VG+ pop.rock US $6.56 Buy It Now 1 day
Believer, Songs by Wayne Moore US $0.99 [0 bids]
SEVENTH ANGEL The Torment CASSETTE Metal THRASH anacrusis SACRAMENT Believer US $6.00 [0 bids]
TOMMY OVERSTREET - 12" vinyl lp - I'M A BELIEVER US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Monkees - I'm A Believer / Steppin' Stone - 1966 Picture Sleeve only See! US $9.99 [0 bids]
Midnight Believer/Take It Home - B.b. King New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $23.57 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Diamond 60s POP ROCK DJ 45 Im a Believer / Crooked US $17.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Daydream Believer: The Platinum Collection by Monkees (The) UK IMPORT CD Wea US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SEALED JOHNNY CASH A BELIEVER SINGS THE TRUTH 2LPS VINYL US $32.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SMASH MOUTH I'm a believer BRAZIL PROMO CD shrek rare US $7.19 Buy It Now 1 day
True Believer by Ronnie Milsap (CD, Jul-1993, Liberty (USA)) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE MONKEYS " DAYDREAM BELIEVER " MEGARARE ORIGINAL UK DEMO 7" 1967 EX- US $24.99 [0 bids]
1966 THE MONKEES Goin Down Daydream Believer 66-1012 45 US $38.00 [0 bids]
WILDWOOD VALLEY BOYS - I'M A BELIEVER - NEW CD US $10.73 Buy It Now 1 day
B.B. King MIDNIGHT BELIEVER Vinyl LP 1978 *New/Sealed* MCA Records US $15.00 [0 bids]
45 RPM RECORD/13B) THE MONKEES / I'M A BELIEVER US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Believer by Wayne Moore US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Funk 45 RUBY ANDREWS You Made A Believer (Out Of Me) ZODIAC HEAR US $9.50 [3 bids]
B.B. KING Midnight Believer/Take It Home. BGO CD Crusaders Joe Sample US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy BELIEVER music online Buy BELIEVER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BELIEVER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BELIEVER Gabriel ratings distribution

BELIEVER Gabriel reviews

Review by UMUR
4 stars "Gabriel" is the 4th full-length studio album by US technical/progressive thrash metal act Believer. Itīs been 16 years since the release of the predecessor "Dimensions (1993)" and I think most fans at this point thought Believer was history. Fortunately lead vocalist/guitarist Kurt Bachman and drummer Joey Daub, who were also the core members on the first three albums by the band, started rehearsing and writing new material in 2005. Believer then signed a three-album deal with Metal Blade Records and "Gabriel" is the first of those three to appear. The album was released in March 2009.

16 years is a long recording break but the music on "Gabriel" is unmistakably the sound of Believer. Their trademark aggressive and technical/progressive thrash metal style is very much intact on the album. "Dimensions (1993)" was their most progressive album out of the first three and while "Gabriel" features quite a few progressive moments Iīd only call it semi-progressive compared to "Dimensions (1993)". Personally itīs of little importance to me and the quality of the music is so extremely high, with lots of intriguing moments and adventurous ideas, that the more direct and less progressive sound on the album is easily forgiven. Tracks like "Stoned", "Redshift" and the wonderful ending track "Nonsense Mediated Decay" do feature a lot of progressive moments though. The latter contains samples of someone talking about alien abductions and UFOs but with the twist that those might be actions of GOD. An interesting theory for sure and another take on the UFO myth. Believerīs lyrics are still written from a christian point of view, but they are not of the preachy kind. Itīs a matter of how you communicate your point and I think Believer do a great job communicating theirīs.

The tracks are generally more mid-paced than the case were on earlier releases by the band but there are still furiously fast-paced technical thrash metal tracks on the album like "The Need For Conflict" and "Focused Lethality". The album is actually pretty varied and there are also some melodic clean singing on the album which is a new thing in Believerīs universe. "Shut Out The Sun" features a semi-melodic chorus and "The Brave" features real clean and melodic singing. Kurt Bachmanīs vocas are even more caustic and fiercely aggressive than on earlier releases though so the few clean vocals on the album shouldnīt be a cause for alarm, for those who donīt enjoy clean singing.

The level of musicianship is high on all posts. Tight rhythmic interplay, powerful vocals, and great guitar solos make this a raw yet sophisticated and intriguing listening experience. The sound production by The Trauma Team (Kurt Bachman and Joey Daub) is powerful and dark. Seldom have I heard a more heavy and brutal guitar sound. Itīs very balanced though and you can hear everything thatīs being played. A very successful production to these ears.

Upon conclusion "Gabriel" is a strong technical/progressive thrash metal album. I find it highly recommendable to those who enjoy technical/progressive thrash metal with 90s sensibilities (spiced up with some contemporary ideas). A 4.5 star (90%) rating is deserved. A welcome return to a band who deserve much more recognition than theyīve gotten so far in their career.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#216523) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
2 stars I really don't believe my eyes. This sounds like crossover of some average trash group combined with AFI. Offering riffs (but not smart ones, rather simple and head-banging ones) with guitar solos from time to time. It's simple and it's even simply horrible (no, I'm not proud of this pun). And I don't think that nor trash, nor this prog trash is genre, where prog can grow. If there's something like that, I don't hear it. At least there are no death-metal vocals. And I'm either missing something, or there's not much good things to be heard. Only think that I find satisfying are these calmer parts (when noise ends, because in noise, what can be good about it when you don't hear anything clearly, every interesting idea that can be here is hidden inside it). But that's sadly just occasionally happening. So

2(+) for nothing. This extreme metal failed to please me. Anyway, some guitar solos are interesting.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#246490) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 27, 2009

4 stars One of the lesser-known prog-tech groups from the later eighties/early nineties reform at a time when reunions in the genre are all the range. The Christian thrash metal outfit return after a long sixteen years out with one of the most addictive albums of the year that will interest fans of th ... (read more)

Report this review (#261298) | Posted by dalekvilla | Sunday, January 17, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BELIEVER "Gabriel"