ROCK 'N' ROLL MUSIC

The Beatles Rock 'n' Roll Music album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1976

Side 1:
1. Twist And Shout (2:33)
2. I Saw Her Standing There (2:52)
3. You Can't Do That (2:33)
4. I Wanna Be Your Man (1:56)
5. I Call Your Name (2:05)
6. Boys (2:24)
7. Long Tall Sally (2:00)

Side 2:
1. Rock 'n' Roll Music (2:30)
2. Slow Down (2:54)
3. Kansas City/Hey Hey Hey (2:31)
4. Money (That's What I Want) (2:47)
5. Bad Boy (2:17)
6. Matchbox (1:55)
7. Roll Over Beethoven (2:44)

Side 3:
1. Dizzy Miss Lizzy (2:53)
2. Anytime At All (2:10)
3. Drive My Car (2:25)
4. Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby (2:23)
5. The Night Before (2:32)
6. I'm Down (2:30)
7. Revolution (3:22)

Side 4:
1. Back In The U.S.S.R. (2:45)
2. Helter Skelter (4:29)
3. Taxman (2:35)
4. Got To Get You Into My Life (2:26)
5. Hey Bulldog (3:09)

Weeks in Chart : 15

Capitol SKBO 11537 (Tracks remixed by George Martin) - June 11, 1976
Parlophone PCSP 719 (Tracks NOT remixed) - June 10, 1976
Parlophone MFP 50506/7 (Tracks remixed) - October 24, 1980

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Rock 'n' Roll Music Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Abbey RoadAbbey Road
Remastered
EMI 2012
Vinyl$15.83
THE BEATLES The Beatles Beat German Odeon LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now
Beatles Double LP 1967 to 1970 Blue vinyl USD $175.00 Buy It Now
RINGO STARR Ringo The 4th PROMO LP Atlantic SD 19108 ~ 1977 ~ Beatles ~ USD $3.75 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES Do It Now ~ 20 Giant Hits LP Byrds JIMI HENDRIX Janis Joplin DONOVAN USD $3.25 Buy It Now
George Harrison RUBYHORSE Rise CD ~ MINT! ~ Beatles USD $5.95 Buy It Now
The Beatles ~ HELP UK LP Parlophone PMC 1255 MONO Yellow / Black Labels USD $14.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES She Loves You SWAN 4152 DON'T DROP OUT VG+ USD $14.95 Buy It Now
BEATLES The Best Of George Harrison OOP APPLE CD greatest hits essential icon USD $9.95 Buy It Now
The Beatles Let It Be SEALED USA 1987 Limited Edition LP W/ HYPE STICKER USD $34.99 Buy It Now
George Harrison ERIC CLAPTON Van Morrison MARK KNOPFLER Jools PROMO CD ~ Beatles USD $31.95 Buy It Now
Beatles George Harrison-1975 Apple "Extra Texture" LP- USD $4.00 [0 bids]
JOHN LENNON Shaved Fish OOP CD best of GREATEST HITS essential BEATLES USD $5.95 Buy It Now
JOHN LENNON Lennon Legend OOP CD Imagine best of greatest hits essential Beatles USD $8.95 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Capitol SMAS 2653 LP insert USD $19.97 Buy It Now
Introducing... The Beatles, Vee Jay VJLP 1062, Love Me Do & P.S. I Love You USD $22.00 Buy It Now
John Lennon THE WHO Taj Mahal ROLLING STONES Rock And Roll Circus CD Beatles USD $11.95 Buy It Now
Influences Behind The Beatles [CD New] USD $10.79 Buy It Now
ROTOGRAVURE Ringo Starr The Beatles Sealed New NOS 8 Track Tape #TP18193 USD $12.99 Buy It Now
ERIC CLAPTON Old Sock CD Paul McCartney BEATLES USD $5.95 Buy It Now
The BEATLES - Help - PARLOPHONE PCS 3071 - UK 1965 1st pressing LP LOTHAR USD $212.46 Buy It Now
PAUL McCARTNEY Tripping The Live Fantastic - Highlights! OOP CD ~ Beatles ~ USD $4.95 Buy It Now
PAUL McCARTNEY Back In The U.S. Live 2002 OOP CD ~ two discs ~ Beatles ~ USD $4.95 Buy It Now
PAUL McCARTNEY Run Devil Run OOP CD MINT! David Gilmour BEATLES USD $4.95 Buy It Now
Beatles 8 Track Lot White Red Album Revolver Abbey Road MORE FREE SHIPPING USD $25.00 [0 bids]
PAUL McCARTNEY Unplugged (The Official Bootleg) OOP CD numbered edition BEATLES USD $7.95 Buy It Now
Paul McCartney CHOBA B CCCP The Russian Album OOP CD Beatles USD $8.95 Buy It Now
BEATLES at shea stadium ( rock ) USD $24.99 Buy It Now
PAUL McCARTNEY The World Tonight OOP CD single ~ SEALED ~ New ~ MINT ~ Beatles ~ USD $9.95 Buy It Now
BEATLES 20 pack of album cover discography magnets (Abbey Road, Revolver, Let it USD $19.54 Buy It Now
Paul McCartney IAN DURY New Boots And Panties OOP CD Mint ~ MADNESS Beatles USD $15.95 Buy It Now
The Beatles "Rock 'n Roll Music Volume 2" 12"LP Capitol VG+/NM "Drive My Car" USD $5.99 Buy It Now
PAUL McCARTNEY & WINGS Band On The Run OOP CD Collection 1993 Remastered BEATLES USD $25.95 Buy It Now
The Beatles - 1967-1970, Part 1 (1973 Apple Records 8XK 3407) 8-Track Tape USD $6.00 Buy It Now
RINGO STARR Stay Awake CD Los Lobos JAMES TAYLOR Bonnie Raitt TOM WAITS ~Beatles USD $3.75 Buy It Now
RINGO STARR For The Love Of Harry OOP CD Nilsson STEVIE NICKS Joe Ely ~ Beatles USD $9.95 Buy It Now
RINGO STARR Vertical Man OOP CD Beatles TOM PETTY Steve Tyler OZZY OSBOURNE USD $8.95 Buy It Now
DICK CLARK NATIONAL SURVEY Feb 25 1984 3LP PROMO Radio Show w/Cue Sheets Beatles USD $8.00 [1 bids]
RARE NM ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING:THE BEATLES "WHITE" ALBUM 2 LPs No Tax Fre shp USD $200.00 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND LP Record SMAS 2653 Ex USD $7.99 [1 bids]
DICK CLARK NATIONAL SURVEY Mar 24 1984 3LP PROMO Radio Show w/Cue Sheets BEATLES USD $11.09 [3 bids]
THE BEATLES Free As A Bird OOP APPLE CD with 3 otherwise unreleased songs UK EP USD $7.95 Buy It Now
OST Imagine John Lennon Japan Promo White Label Double Vinyl LP The Beatles USD $79.99 Buy It Now
The Beatles ~ Yesterday and Today BUTCHER Cover MONO T-2553 USD $82.01 [23 bids]
George Harrison ( Beatles) 7" Give Me love / Miss O'Dell- Apple Records 1973 USD $1.99 Buy It Now
BEATLES FOR SALE - ODEON SMO 83790 (stereo) - German Pressing LP clean! LOTHAR USD $169.96 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES White Album UK CD 30th Anniversary Limited Edition ~ RARE JEWEL CASE USD $14.95 Buy It Now
ELTON JOHN LENNON Beatles Japan 1981 NM LP+Obi LIVE 28TH November 1974 USD $59.99 Buy It Now
The Beatles John Lennon Instant Karma ORIG Apple 45 in Apple sleeve USD $9.00 Buy It Now
Dick Clark Solid Gold #240 Mystery Hour beatles elvis presley radio show VG+ USD $8.00 [1 bids]
Apple EMI Parlophone 2003 The Beatles Let It Be... Naked LP w/ 7" Disc Sealed USD $19.99 [1 bids]
Beatles Ringo Starr DOSE OF ROCK N ROLL PROMO WITH/WITHOUT INTRO ATLANTIC SP USD $5.00 [0 bids]
Ringo Starr Ringo's Rotogravure 1976 Atlantic 18193 Beatles Rock VG+ USD $17.99 Buy It Now
Ringo Starr Stop And Smell The Roses 1981 Boardwalk 33246 Beatles Rock VG++ USD $16.79 Buy It Now
Beatles - Early Beatles (Red Capitol) USD $15.68 Buy It Now
The Beatles-I Want To Hold Your Hand VG+ USD $40.00 Buy It Now
Beatles Ringo Starr DOSE OF ROCK N ROLL ATLANTIC SP SUFFIX NEAR MINT! USD $1.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ~ LONG SALLY ~ UK 4-TRACK Y/B PARLOPHONE EP 1964 ~ 1/1 FIRST PRESS USD $163.96 Buy It Now
Beatles Ringo Starr DOSE OF ROCK N ROLL ATLANTIC PL SUFFIX NICE! USD $1.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles John Lennon Give Peace a Chance Orig Apple 45 in Apple sleeve USD $10.00 Buy It Now
The Beatles John Lennon Cold Turkey ORIG Apple 45 in Apple sleeve USD $10.00 Buy It Now
Ringo Starr "Ringo The 4th" 12"LP Atlantic Orig Inner EX/NM The Beatles 1977 soc USD $5.99 Buy It Now
The Beatles Press Conferences 1964-1966 CD, Bahamas,N. America,Japan,Australia USD $4.00 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES YELLOW SUBMARINE SONGTRACK COLORED VINYL RECORD LP UK IMPORT NICE USD $44.99 [0 bids]
George Harrison / Somewhere In England vinyl lp Beatles /Rock NM 1981 Dark Horse USD $11.42 Buy It Now
25 Classic Rock Lots Albums LP Pink Floyd Bob Dylan Led Zeppelin The Beatles USD $94.00 [24 bids]
GEORGE HARRISON LP Got My Mind Set On You Picture Disc NM great copy Beatles USD $15.00 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES ~ ALL MY LOVING ~UK 4-TRACK Y/B PARLOPHONE EP 1963 ~ 1/1 FIRST PRESS USD $163.96 Buy It Now
SOMETHING NEW Rainbow Label The Beatles US Capitol MONO Original 1964 LP Nice! USD $49.00 Buy It Now
GEORGE HARRISON LP Gone Troppo NM promo QUIEX II limited Great copy 1982 Beatles USD $15.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles, the Beatles, Let It Be (Remastered), Limited Edition cd USD $5.38 [0 bids]
USD $9.99 Buy It Now
he Beatles, Abbey Road (Remastered), New Enhanced, Limited Edition, Original USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $9.99 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES 1967-1970 CAPITOL RECORDS 1976 Near Mint SIGNED by ROGER W. MORGAN USD $89.99 Buy It Now
BEATLES 1967-1970 APPLE RECORDS GATEFOLD W/ INNER SLEEVES USD $13.50 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE / BABY YOU'RE A RICH MAN USD $20.00 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES LADY MADONNA / THE INNER LIGHT USD $18.00 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES ~ Beatles 65' - U.S. CAPITOL MONO - Rock USD $9.00 [3 bids]
JOHN LENNON (BEATLES) LP / 15 GREATEST HITS WITH RARE HYPE STICKER USD $7.56 [0 bids]
JOHN LENNON (BEATLES) LP / MIND GAMES / NEAR MINT USD $10.59 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES ~ Abbey Road - U.S. APPLE - Rock PSYCH USD $6.49 [2 bids]
Beatles 45 I Feel Fine Rare 1971 Reissue Apple 5327 With Black Star On Label USD $9.00 [1 bids]
The Beatles, 1962 - 1966, Capitol Records, SKBO-3403, 1973, 2 LP Gatefold USD $22.00 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES 2 LP SET / LOVE SONGS / BRIT PARLOPHONE / NEAR MINT USD $21.77 [2 bids]
THE BEATLES - SHE LOVES YOU - ON SWAN - ORIGINAL USD $19.00 Buy It Now
Beatles 45 Love Me Do 1963 VG+ Rare Canada Capitol 72076 Ringo Starr On Drums USD $9.00 [1 bids]
The Beatles ~ White Album dbl Vinyl LP Apple w/ Poster & 3 photos VGC+ Tested USD $19.99 [0 bids]
1970 THE BEATLES LET IT BE/YOU KNOW MY NAME 45rpm RECORD,APPLE #2764 USD $4.95 [0 bids]
JOHN LENNON IMAGINE 1977 Japan Vinyl LP w/Obi Postcard Apple EAS-80705 Beatles USD $23.00 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES LOVE SONGS GATEFOLD 2 LP SET WITH BOOKLET (TP) USD $14.14 Buy It Now
Lot 3 Sets The Beatles 1962-1966 Red & 1967-1970 Blue & White Album (6CDs total) USD $12.50 [2 bids]
Record Lot Prince Purple Rain 7-29174 2 Beatles Yesterday 9 Disc Lot +more 45RPM USD $12.50 [14 bids]
The Beatles 1962-66 Double LP Vinyl Recorded In England Albums USD $18.98 Buy It Now
The Early Beatles-1965 US LP-SEALED! USD $47.49 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES Something New CAPITOL RECORDS 1964 Mono VG++ First Pressing USD $197.95 Buy It Now
The Beatles 1962-1966 12" Vinyl Double LP USD $11.50 [7 bids]
" Hey Jude" & "Revolution" a 45 RPM on Apple Records by The Beatles USD $8.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles Sgt. Peppers 12" Vinyl LP USD $5.00 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES White Album EAS-77001/2 2LP VINYL Obi TOSHIBA EMI import Japan F/S USD $75.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 1962-1966 RED EAS-50021/2 2LP VINYL Obi TOSHIBA EMI import Japan F/S USD $59.99 [0 bids]
The Dowlands 45 ALL MY LOVING / HEY SALLY ~ Tollie 9002 VG+ Beatles song USD $10.20 Buy It Now
The Best of Dark Horse (1976-1989) George Harrison 1989 RARE PROMO COPY Beatles USD $33.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Rock 'n' Roll Music ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(6%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(56%)

THE BEATLES Rock 'n' Roll Music reviews

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
2 stars When the recording industry uses the phrase "rock 'n' roll" , they are almost always referring to the nineteen fifties based music. The energetic but simplistic form that spawned the whole rock movement, and all of it's sub-genres. And needless to say, the Beatles came from that generation.

This collection celebrates that area of the Beatles music. For what it is, the Beatles did it extremely well. Their music, while staying (in the early years) within the confines of the standard rock 'n' roll format, often transcended the style by sometimes adding an augmented of diminished chord, or an occasional (gasp!) relative minor.

So while this set of songs spanning their career as a band would by no means be called prog, it is still a good collection of the genre. I think the closest this gets to prog is Revolution or Helter Skelter.

As a rock 'n' roll record, I'd rate it three stars (I'd still recommend the original albums over a collection). But as a prog album, it gets just two stars.

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars I bought this one off the shelf to find out what all the fuss was about. It was my first Beatles vinyl album and I must have played it countlessly in my younger years. I was therefore introduced to some of the wildest Beatles material from the get go. My most beloved songs that were played till I wore out the groove were Rock 'n' Roll Music, Money (That's What I Want), Bad Boy, Roll Over Beethoven, Revolution, Back In The U.S.S.R., Get Back, Helter Skelter and Taxman. I was quite stunned at the ferocity of raucous classic Helter Skelter, but I learnt quickly that the Beatles were more than just She Loves You and I Saw Her Standing There, they could also be aggressive and zany. The phrase "I've got blisters on my fingers" was startling to my young ears but I really grew up with this album. It is only a compilation but it had an impact on a newcomer to the band. Most of these songs are fantastic selections and there are some weird choices such as Boys, Slow Down, Kansas City/Hey Hey Hey and Matchbox but they really grew on my impressionable music tastes. So this is where it all began for a Beatles addict and the songs are all terrific, not a bad track on it, so it deserves 4 stars.

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Rock 'n' Roll Music"

Other sites in the MAC network: JazzMusicArchives.com — jazz music reviews and archives | MetalMusicArchives.com — metal music revuew and archives