MEET THE BEATLES

The Beatles Meet the Beatles album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1964

Side one
1. I Want to Hold Your Hand (2:24)
2. I Saw Her Standing There (2:50)
3. This Boy (2:11)
4. It Won't Be Long (2:11)
5. All I've Got to Do (2:05)
6. All My Loving (2:04)

Side two
7. Don't Bother Me (2:28)
8. Little Child (1:46)
9. Till There Was You (2:12)
10. Hold Me Tight (2:30)
11. I Wanna Be Your Man (1:59)
12. Not a Second Time (2:03)

Search THE BEATLES Meet the Beatles lyrics

Search THE BEATLES Meet the Beatles tabs

1964, January 20 Capitol ST-2047 (US)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Meet the Beatles Music

Abbey RoadAbbey Road
Remastered
EMI 2012
Vinyl$17.99
BEATLES / GEORGE HARRISON 3 ALBUM BOX SET WITH POSTER ORIGINAL 1970 PRESSING US $9.99 [1 bids]
30m 2s
Pierre Lalonde Hugues Aufray/Beatles Je croyais "yesterday"Canada french 45rpm US $8.88 Buy It Now 30m 39s
THE BEATLES LP Please Please Me (Limited Edition) (Sealed) US $59.99 [0 bids]
30m 45s
THE BEATLES LET IT BE 45 VINYL RECORD BELL SOUND MASTER SAM FELDMAN VG++ US $8.95 Buy It Now 31m 1s
THE BEATLES TWIST AND SHOUT 45 VINYL RECORD VG+ US $8.95 Buy It Now 31m 1s
BEATLES MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR HALF SPEED MASTER MFSL 1-047 NM US $100.00 Buy It Now 31m 3s
BEATLES 45 1982...Promotional...Movie Medley..P-B 5100..Excellent US $19.73 [0 bids]
31m 59s
THE BEATLES / THE BEATLES 1962 - 1966, The Beatles,Good, vinyl record,Vinyl, Mus US $12.08 Buy It Now 32m 21s
a hard day's night LP, BEATLES,Good, vinyl record,Vinyl, Music Music US $21.99 Buy It Now 32m 21s
BEATLES Get Back/ Don't Let Me Down US $4.95 Buy It Now 32m 26s
The Chipmunks Sing The Beatles Hits, Chipmunks,Very Good, Vinyl- LP with artwork US $29.23 Buy It Now 32m 55s
The Beatles 1967-1970 The BLUE Album 2 CDs DOUBLE CD BOX SET US $9.99 [0 bids]
32m 59s
BEATLES Hey Jude LP BEATLES Again 1ST US PRESS label SAYS SW COVER SAYS SO Apple US $11.00 [0 bids]
34m 19s
BEATLES RUBBER SOUL 1969 CAPITOL RECORD CLUB ISSUE US $16.49 [4 bids]
34m 21s
the beatles-let it be-LP CAPITOL SW 11922-W/POSTER-lennon-mccartney-EX US $15.99 Buy It Now 34m 24s
Mod Marches (5 Beatles songs set to Marches) MOD / NORTHERN SOUL US $19.99 [0 bids]
34m 30s
a hard day's night LP, BEATLES,Very Good, vinyl record,Vinyl, Music Music US $21.99 Buy It Now 34m 35s
WINGS BEATLES - SILLY LOVE SONGS - GERMANY 45 SINGLE US $14.99 Buy It Now 35m 33s
RARE! The Beatles- HELP!- Orig 1965 UK Parlophone PMC 1255 MONO EX- Lp US $79.96 Buy It Now 35m 59s
The Beatles "All My Loving"/"This Boy" Capitol Records Of Canada 45 rpm US $10.00 [0 bids]
36m 2s
The Beatles 1962-1966 The Red Album 2 CDs DOUBLE CD BOX SET US $7.49 [0 bids]
37m
Beatles Help! Capital Records Mas 2386, beatles,Good, Vinyl- LP with artwork. C US $16.76 Buy It Now 38m 8s
THE BEATLES Leppelin The doors and deep purple13pc 8-Track Tape Lot US $20.51 [6 bids]
38m 37s
Beatles: PS I Love You B/W Love Me Do 45 Tollie T9008 VG US $17.99 [0 bids]
43m 9s
THE BEATLES 'Revolver' Stereo Remastered 180g Vinyl LP NEW & SEALED US $30.66 Buy It Now 43m 20s
beatles ( love me do ) tollie 45 record and sleeve US $12.99 [0 bids]
44m 23s
The Music of the Beatles: Solo Piano With Nature * by Kit Walker (CD, Feb-200... US $7.80 Buy It Now 44m 37s
RINGO STARR: A DOSE OF ROCK N' ROLL ATLANTIC beatles 45 SUPER HEAR IT! US $5.00 Buy It Now 44m 51s
THE BEATLES 7" 45 "COME TOGETHER" #1 Oct. 1969 b/w "SOMETHING" #3 Apple 2654 NM US $6.50 [6 bids]
47m 26s
The Beatles 1994 Complete 1st Series Colored Vinyl 45's for Jukebox Only US $400.00 Buy It Now 47m 41s
Vintage record album THE BEATLES A HARD DAY'S NIGHT, UAS 6366 B UNITED ARTISTS US $9.99 [0 bids]
48m 4s
The Beatles-Nobody's Child-Ain't She Sweet-7" 45-ATCO-45 6308-Vinyl Record US $27.29 Buy It Now 51m 4s
The Beatles Introducing The Beatles LP Original VJ Excellent Vinyl US $68.42 Buy It Now 51m 4s
Paul McCartney Self Titled LP UK Pressing The Beatles Vinyl US $17.34 Buy It Now 51m 4s
BEATLES-John & Paul-People Say-I'm Walkin'-7" 45-TIP-1021-Vinyl Record US $43.67 Buy It Now 51m 4s
THE BEATLES, "MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR" US $99.99 Buy It Now 53m 38s
THE BEATLES LP RUBBER SOUL capitol rainbow pressing ST 2442 / 1965 US $9.99 [1 bids]
54m 37s
The Beatles At The Hollywood Bowl LP Capital SMAS 11638 VG US $0.99 [0 bids]
55m 18s
The Beatles BC13 LP Collection Blue Box: 1978 Apple and Parlophone (NM Cond) US $313.33 [9 bids]
56m 35s
The Beatles White Album 2 LP Gatefold Orange Capital SWBO 101 US $0.99 [1 bids]
56m 50s
The Beatles- Let It Be LP ~ RED APPLE ~ gatefold cover US $28.00 Buy It Now 58m 10s
The Early Beatles - Vinyl Record LP album US $21.99 [0 bids]
58m 22s
THE BEATLES - HELP! ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK - CAPITOL GATEFOLD LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
58m 22s
JAZZ ROCK SYMPOSIUM Joe Renzetti LP Anvil 1002 Doors, Cream, Beatles Covers US $4.97 Buy It Now 1h
The Beatles Live at BBC volume 1 & 2, excellent , the remastered edition US $35.00 Buy It Now 1h
Radio Show: GOODTIME OLDIES! #92-34 BEACH BOYS, BEATLES, SMITH, GUESS WHO US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
The Beatles: Reissue: 1963 Capitol RPM 45 "Twist and Shout"There's a Place. NM US $1.99 [0 bids]
In My Life by George Martin Beatles Covers RARE US $14.95 [0 bids]
John Lennon of Beatles & Yoko Ono - Milk and Honey LP (Grow Old With me) VG+/VG US $4.26 Buy It Now 1h 5m
The Beatles yesterday and today T-2553 2nd state US $9.99 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES YESTERDAY AND TODAY ST 2553 LP 1969 issue US $34.19 Buy It Now 1h 7m
RINGO STARR Vertical Man CD Beatles / NEW US $13.10 Buy It Now 1h 7m
The Beatles, La Grande Storia Del Rock 12" record and HELP VHS home video 33rpm US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h 7m
2 LPs PRISTINE-TOP-MINT Vinyl !! The Beatles " Past Masters Volume One US $15.00 [1 bids]
7187 LP THE BEATLES YESTERDAY AND TODAY *US PRESSING RIAA 3* CAPITOL T 2553 US $29.99 [0 bids]
Beatles - U.S. Albums Box set 13 CD Box set w/ 64 page book US $99.00 [1 bids]
45 Records- 14 Piece Lot-Beatles,Michael Jackson, The Kinks US $5.00 [0 bids]
The beatles - can't buy me love / you can't do that MONO purple starline 45 US $4.99 [0 bids]
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band [Digipak] by The Beatles (CD, Sep-2009,... US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Radio Show DICK CLARK'S RR&R 2/3/90 BEATLES & 1958! INTERVIEWS 55+ 50s & 60s US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
1962-1966 by Beatles (The) (CD, Sep-1993, 2 Discs, Capitol) US $9.99 [0 bids]
MY BONIE _ THE SAINTS / BEATLES _7" Japanese Record From Japan US $17.50 Buy It Now 1h 18m
EX 1971 Lp album The Beatles RUBBER SOUL Apple ST 2442 John Lennon PLAYS EX US $29.95 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Beatles LP "EARLY BEATLES" Capitol Green Label STEREO - C Logo US $62.41 Buy It Now 1h 21m
BEATLES Ballad of John & Yoko Apple 5786 45 rpm Picture Disc US $23.98 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Beatles Hey Jude w Revolution 45rpm & Picture Sleeve Apple N/Mint US $26.38 Buy It Now 1h 22m
BEATLES The Beatles Hits 45rpm EP Mono Parlophone 8880 Vinyl LP N/Mint US $35.20 Buy It Now 1h 22m
The BEATLES I FEEL FINE 45 rpm & Picture Sleeve 1964 Vinyl US $29.58 Buy It Now 1h 22m
BEATLES VI APPLE ST 2358 Vinyl Lp Ex US $15.98 Buy It Now 1h 22m
BEATLES Live at the Star Club Germany Bellaphon 1977 2- Vinyls N/Mint US $18.38 Buy It Now 1h 22m
BEATLES Love Songs Capitol SKBL 11711 2- Vinyl LPs 1977 N/Mint US $19.18 Buy It Now 1h 22m
BEATLES Beatles V1 Apple ST-2358 Vinyl LP N/Mint US $26.38 Buy It Now 1h 22m
BEATLES Beatles 65 Odeon 06204201 Germany Vinyl LP Mint US $31.98 Buy It Now 1h 22m
The BEATLES NOWHERE MAN 45 rpm & Picture Sleeve 1966 Vinyl Ex+ US $30.40 Buy It Now 1h 22m
1967-1970 by The Beatles (Cassette, Oct-1993) CASSETTE #1 ONLY US $5.92 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Radio Show: GOODTIME OLDIES! #92-35 FOUR TOPS, BEATLES, CCR, FORTUNES, SPINNERS US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
THE BEATLES 7" PS Japan DO YOU WANT TO KNOW A SECRET s0054 US $48.00 Buy It Now 1h 24m
The Beatles - Song Selections - Pianist: Dave Gross - Cassette US $3.95 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Sing and Play Along Beatles Kit LL-3403 With Lyric Sheet LP US $74.99 [0 bids]
Vinyl Beatles: Let It Be VINYL UK Import New NOT Not 180 Gram Ships DBL Boxed US $62.39 Buy It Now 1h 26m
BEATLES DO YOU WANT TO KNOW A SECRET/THANK YOU GIRL 45 STAR LINE GREEN 6064 US $250.00 Buy It Now 1h 27m
THe BEatles PMCQ-31502 Mfd. Italy With Glossy Cover 1960's Original LP US $89.00 [11 bids]
BEATLES**YESTERDAY AND TODAY (MONO/STEREO)**CD US $11.95 Buy It Now 1h 29m
The Beatles Magical Mystery Tour 2835 On Apple LP US $19.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES PAPERBACK WRITER / RAIN 45 7" ODEON JAPAN ORIGINAL OP1529 BLACK WAX RARE US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Beats! The Merseyside Sound Sound! VG+ Design 1962 mersey beat,Beatles sounding US $3.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles memorabilia cassette tapes US $4.00 [8 bids]
BEATLES Magical Mystery Tour EMI/Parlophone LP Record UK Yellow Vinyl EXC US $95.00 Buy It Now 1h 31m
PAUL FREES & THE POSTER PEOPLE LP MGM SE 4735 Strange Vinyl Record NM Beatles US $75.00 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Meet the Beatles The First Album By England's Phenomenal Pop Combo T2047 Mono LP US $24.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles: "Yellow Matter Custard" Very Rare original LP: SEALED US $199.00 Buy It Now 1h 32m
THE BEATLES " I AM THE WALRUS" 45 RECORD US $3.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles: "First United States Performance." Very Rare LP: SEALED US $199.00 Buy It Now 1h 32m
The Beatles: Let It Be (Apple Records AR 34001) 1970 US $18.95 Buy It Now 1h 32m
The Beatles: "Past Master - Volume Two" CD Parlophone w/Apple Imprint (1988) US $8.95 Buy It Now 1h 32m
The Beatles: "Past Masters - Volume One" CD Parlophone w/Apple Imprint (1988) US $8.95 Buy It Now 1h 33m
The Magical Mystery Tour by Beatles (1988, Capitol/EMI Records) US $8.95 Buy It Now 1h 33m
The Beatles: "Soldier of Love" Very Rare LP: SEALED US $199.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Wild Life by Paul McCartney/Wings - THE BEATLES - (CD, Jul-1996, Capitol/EMI) US $34.95 [0 bids]
BEATLES "LET IT BE / YOU KNOW MY NAME" 45 US $3.50 Buy It Now 1h 33m

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Meet the Beatles ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(17%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(25%)

THE BEATLES Meet the Beatles reviews

Review by Guillermo
2 stars The history about The Beatles`s U. S. discography has been known to many people since a long time ago. But I want to comment about it. In 1963 they recorded two albums for the U .K. market. In the U. S. Vee Jay Records released an album called "Introducing The Beatles", twice, with little changes to the songs list. When Capitol Records, which initially refused to release their albums in the U.S. (despite being an EMI company, and that is why Vee Jay and other small labels released a few albums and singles there) realised how popular the band was becoming in other countries, they finally agreed to release their material in the U. S. in 1964. To do this, they sued Vee Jay, and they finally won the rights to release the bandīs material. So, this "Meet The Beatles" album was released in early 1964, with a title wanting to say to the U.S fans "this is really their first official album in the U.S. " (which of course, it wasn`t). Everything could be very fine if they respected the titles of their U.K. albums and the content of the songs included in the albums. But no... they didn`t. They even didn`t respect the mxing of the songs, even doing their own mixings for the U. S. market. This album is no exception. My late father bought this album in 1979. I listened to it recently, and the sound is not very good in comparison to other Capitol Records albums from The Beatles.

This album is essentially the "WithThe Beatles" album from the U.K with some variations in content. For example: "I Saw Her Standing There" was taken from their "Please Please Me" L.P from the U.K. "I Want to Hold Your Hand" and "This Boy" were electronically created Stereo versions of Mono recordings from the U.K. single. Capitol did almost the same treatments for several years for their own albums until they released the "Sgt. Pepper" album. So, the U. S. discography of the band was in those days with more albums than in the U.K., because to include 12 tracks in albums in the U.S was the norm there in comparison to 14 tracks per album in the U.K. In my opinion, that was done exclusively to make more money from the band`s success.

For some years, the Stereo mixings from these Capitol albums (original and not original) were the only available Stereo versions from many songs, because in the U.K. EMI released their first 4 albums on CD only in Mono sound in 1987. Fortunately, their U.K. albums have been recently remastered and re-issued and the Stereo mixings from their original albums are available again, but with remixings. In this case, they were done by people associated with the band.

In my opinion, their U.S. albums are now only important for nostalgic collectors.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#246751) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
2 stars As Guillermo previously wrote, this was not the first Beatles album released in the United States, but the first Capitol labeled album released here. Thus, it was their breakout album in the U.S. (however big they already were, due to international acclaim). In that, it is an historic release. And I suppose, in some way, they were bringing something different to the rock world. But at this point, I just don't hear it. They were very good pop songs for their time. Extremely catchy and infectious, but nothing terribly special, and with no hints of what the band would become in just a few short years.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#273503) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 22, 2010

Review by memowakeman
1 stars Meet them if you want.

This is an LP I found some years ago while I was rummaging in my parents' shelf of records, there were actually few albums I was interested in listening to. I've never been a Beatles fan, but anyway I wanted to listen to it back then and kept it. So the last weekend I listened to different LPs I had not played for long time, one of them was this. Well, I'll be honest to you. Out of the twelve tracks included in this "Meet the Beatles" album, I can say I enjoy one or two songs at most. Some of you may kill me but my love for The Beatles is actually incredibly limited, I respect them, but for me they are just an average band whose value was to be in the right place at the right moment, nothing more.

Here you can listen to songs like "I want to hold your hand", "All my loving" or "Hold me tight"; short tracks (two minutes average) that together make 25 minutes of 60īs rock pop music. If you really want to know The Beatles, then get some full-length CD's or better "best of" albums. For those who love them, this LP may be actually good. But for me, it is only for completionists. So, one star is my final grade.

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#411076) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, March 04, 2011

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Meet the Beatles"