MEET THE BEATLES

The Beatles Meet the Beatles album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1964

Side one
1. I Want to Hold Your Hand (2:24)
2. I Saw Her Standing There (2:50)
3. This Boy (2:11)
4. It Won't Be Long (2:11)
5. All I've Got to Do (2:05)
6. All My Loving (2:04)

Side two
7. Don't Bother Me (2:28)
8. Little Child (1:46)
9. Till There Was You (2:12)
10. Hold Me Tight (2:30)
11. I Wanna Be Your Man (1:59)
12. Not a Second Time (2:03)

Search THE BEATLES Meet the Beatles lyrics

Search THE BEATLES Meet the Beatles tabs

1964, January 20 Capitol ST-2047 (US)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Meet the Beatles Music

Abbey RoadAbbey Road
Remastered
EMI 2012
Vinyl$18.35
GEORGE HARRISON - The Best Of ~ KOREA LP.Blue Cvr. Beatles US $29.99 Buy It Now 31m 11s
PAUL And Linda McCARTNEY - RAM KOREA LP Blue Cvr. Beatles US $29.99 Buy It Now 32m 35s
The Beatles / Introducing The Beatles. / MONO US $12.00 [1 bids]
34m 9s
LOT OF (3) BEATLES SWAN & VEEJAY SINGLES US $7.50 [0 bids]
34m 15s
The Early Tapes Of THE BEATLES CD 1993 SPAIN PLANETA AGOSTINI (RCD100-2) Spanish US $10.00 [0 bids]
34m 29s
REGGAE SPECIALS - BEATLES REGGAE - SECCD020 US $12.88 Buy It Now 35m 51s
Beatles - Beatlemania! - original Canadian Capitol 6000 series rainbow label US $59.99 [1 bids]
36m 16s
Shared Vision: The Songs of the Beatles by Various Artists (CD, Oct-1994,... US $1.99 [0 bids]
37m 32s
BEATLES WOODEN ROLL TOP BOX SET 14 LPs VERY RARE LIMITED EDITION N/M US $990.00 [0 bids]
37m 54s
THE BEATLES ARE IN TOWN THE FONDETTES 45 / LOVELORN FLAME JOHNNY HARTSMAN US $14.00 [0 bids]
39m 32s
HISTORY OF BRITISH BEAT BEFORE THE BEATLES CD VOL 2 MONO 1957 SEALED MINT IMPORT US $39.00 [0 bids]
40m 28s
The Beatles- A Hard Days Night LP- UAS 6366 STEREO US $39.00 [0 bids]
40m 28s
Badge - The Beatles - Pink - 25mm - Pyramid US $7.56 Buy It Now 41m 7s
THE BEATLES IN PARIS POSTER "LICENSED" BRAND NEW "LENNON, McCARTNEY, RINGO US $11.11 Buy It Now 41m 38s
Beatles - Beatlemania! - original Canadian Capitol 6000 series rainbow label US $29.99 [0 bids]
41m 39s
James Taylor - s/t CD (1991) Apple Records CD RARE / OOP Beatles US $7.00 Buy It Now 41m 58s
7' THE BEATLES(GREEN VINYL) '' CAN'T BUY ME LOVE/YOU CAN'T DO THAT ''/CAPITO US $9.99 [0 bids]
42m 19s
7 THE BEATLES '' MOVIE MEDLEY/I'M HAPPY JUST TO DANCE WITH YOU ''/CAPITOL US $6.99 [0 bids]
42m 19s
THE BEATLES - Sgt Peppers... - Officially Licensed Pen (GP111) US $3.36 Buy It Now 43m 59s
Beatles Featuring Tony Sheridan - Beatles Featuring Tony Sheridan LP, Comp, RE US $15.18 Buy It Now 44m 52s
Beatles 09.09.09 CD Sampler 2 Discs 32 Tracks Promo Onl US $100.00 Buy It Now 45m 23s
LADY MADONNA / THE INNER LIGHT / THE BEATLES / PARLOPHONE 1968 45 US $6.74 Buy It Now 45m 34s
BEATLES / SHERIDAN - BEATLES BOP - BEATLES BOP-HAMBURG DAYS NEW CD US $152.55 Buy It Now 46m 24s
Jose Wales ?- Imagine (Beatles) ORIG JA 7" JAMMYS EX US $6.74 Buy It Now 46m 37s
BEATLES - FOR THE RECORD WITH PETE BEST (2PC) NEW DVD US $33.66 Buy It Now 47m 15s
GLASS ONION BEATLES SONGS JAZZ Various Artists Sealed 2 LP SET MANN CURTIS ELLA US $169.99 Buy It Now 47m 29s
The Beatles Anthology 2 x3 Vinyl Apple Records 724383444816 Rare 1996 Release NM US $55.00 [0 bids]
48m
WINGS "POSTER" Wings Over America JP Beatles OBI 3LP M7707 NM US $49.00 [0 bids]
49m 50s
THE BEATLES MONO BOXSET 13 CD's 2009 FREE SHIP JAPAN US $329.85 Buy It Now 50m 23s
BEATLES REVOLVER RARE IMPORT ORG 1966 MINT VINYL VG++ COVER PORTRAIT # PCS 7009 US $169.69 Buy It Now 50m 44s
Paul McCartney Hope Of Deliverance Brand New UK 7" R 6330 Beatles Long Leather US $11.69 Buy It Now 51m 2s
THE BEATLES - FROM LIVERPOOL - BOX SET 8 x LPS - 1980 PARLOPHONE/EMI WRC - EX US $119.00 [0 bids]
51m 35s
BEATLES With The Beatles 180G 2012 Stereo Remastered Vinyl LP SEALED US $33.68 Buy It Now 52m 42s
Revolver by The Beatles (CD, Emi) US $5.99 [0 bids]
52m 46s
Beatles - Beatlemania! - Canadian Capitol 6000 series 2nd gen. purple label US $13.99 [1 bids]
53m 12s
The Beatles - Help! - (EAS-80554) - LP (6*) US $19.90 [0 bids]
54m 41s
The Beatles - Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band Picture Disc US $60.00 Buy It Now 54m 43s
THE BEATLES A Hard Days Night Ex Pepita SLPXL 17658 1981 Hungary LP US $25.31 Buy It Now 55m 30s
Songs and Pictures of the Fabulous Beatles Rare VeeJay Still Sealed US $45.00 [0 bids]
56m 8s
Paul McCartney Press 7" Canada It`s Not True Beatles US $8.99 Buy It Now 56m 11s
the Beatles - Sex Pistols Spunk Label - Lp kbd US $55.99 [0 bids]
57m 17s
Beatles - Long Tall Sally - Canadian Capitol 6000 series 2nd gen. orange label US $17.99 [1 bids]
58m 40s
Paul McCartney My Brave Face 7" Canada Elvis Costello Beatles US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h
Vintage Vinyl John Lennon of The Beatles, MIND GAMES SW 3414 APPLE US $6.99 [0 bids]
1h
BEATLES " 1967-1970'' BLUE WAX JAPAN EAS-50023 & OBI 2LP V0297 NM US $79.00 [0 bids]
Beatles Act Naturally Canada 7" Capital Rainbow US $9.89 Buy It Now 1h
THE BEATLES /.1962-1966 2 RECORD SET RED VINYL US $49.00 [0 bids]
1h
Introducing The Beatles LP John Lennon Paul McCartney Ringo George Harrison rare US $7.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES / RUBBER SOUL JAPAN LP / OP-7450, REDWAX,SUPER RARE!!! EXC!!! US $99.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 1962 - 1966 JAPAN EDITION 2 LPS RED VINYL N/ MINT US $69.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles For Sale Japan LP Red Vinyl Toshiba EAS-70133 MONO VERY RARE EX+ US $89.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles "A HARD DAY'S NIGHT" high fidelity US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Beatles - Long Tall Sally - Canadian Capitol 6000 retro rainbow label US $26.49 [4 bids]
Linda and Paul McCartney Eat At Home Promo Portugal 7/45 Rare Beatles US $42.21 [5 bids]
THE BEATLES "A HARD DAY'S NIGHT" MONO UNITED ARTISTS UAL3366 LP US $35.00 [0 bids]
PAUL MCCARTNEY Mp3 Collection RUSSIAN Import NEW SEALED CD Rare Russia Beatles US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 'A HARD DAY'S NIGHT' HEAVYWEIGHT 180g VINYL LP (Remastered) (2012) US $33.75 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Lot of 33 45 rpm Records The Beatles John Lennon Paul McCartney George Harrison US $99.99 [0 bids]
CD Ringo Starr and More Promo Japan Only Cover Beatles Mega Rare ! US $42.50 Buy It Now 1h 6m
BEATLES ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE Rare 45rpm & Picture Sleeve Parlophone 5620 N/Mint US $49.98 Buy It Now 1h 6m
The BEATLES Form Me to You Rare 45 RPM & Picture Slv Parlophone 5016 1963 Orig US $44.98 Buy It Now 1h 6m
BEATLES "PORTRAIT" White Album JP John Lennon OBI 2LP F5256 US $35.00 [0 bids]
CENTRAL COMMONAD VARIETY ENSEMBLE - Join Us in the Valley ORIG ISRAEL LP BEATLES US $35.00 Buy It Now 1h 9m
the beatles song i want to hold your hand GENE AND THE NOTES US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 9m
RARE THE BEATLES OLDIES JAPAN APPLE AP-8016 BLACK VINYL/BLUE OBI /4PAGE INSERT US $29.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Abbey Road - (SO-383) - LP US $9.90 [0 bids]
BEATLES Help! JAPAN TOSHIBA EX LP W/OBI US $29.00 [0 bids]
Vintage Beatles Record Albums The First Album ST 2047 & Let It Be AR 34001 US $17.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Featuring Tony Sheridan N/Mint Contour 1962 UK LP US $15.18 Buy It Now 1h 10m
THE BEATLES-(45)-I WANT TO HOLD YOUR HAND/I SAW HER STANDING THERE -CAPITOL-1964 US $28.99 Buy It Now 1h 11m
THE BEATLES - Sgt Pepper - Beanie Ski Hat (BH110) US $18.55 Buy It Now 1h 11m
The Beatles 2 LP's 1967-1970 US $18.00 Buy It Now 1h 11m
The Beatles 2 LP's Apple 3403 1962-1966 US $18.00 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Beatles '65- original Canadian mono release - Capitol of Canada rainbow label US $14.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES BY ALLAN KOZINN 20TH CENTURY COMPOSERS ( 1995 BOOK ) US $8.42 Buy It Now 1h 12m
THE BEATLES - MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR - CAPITOL - 1967 STEREO LP w/BOOKLET US $16.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Let It Be 45 With Picture Sleeve US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles (1969 VG+) "Something & Come Together" Apple # 2654 See Pics!...... US $7.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Cassette CASE ONLY maxiplay greatest hits pop rock british tape US $5.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Yesterday and Today Vinyl LP on Capitol Records US $26.00 [0 bids]
Rubber Soul The Beatles Cassette Capitol EMI john lennon yoko ono double US $10.99 [0 bids]
27 CDG DISCS KARAOKE LOT COUNTRY OLDIES ROCK BEATLES, EAGLES (450+ SONGS) v* US $39.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Four by the Beatles Vinyl EP Album on Capitol Records US $95.66 [0 bids]
22 CD+G KARAOKE DISCS BEST SONGS 375+ SONGS ELVIS,LONESTAR,BEATLES,JEWEL x1z US $24.99 [0 bids]
Beatles' 65 vinyl LP on Capitol Records US $143.50 [0 bids]
The Beatles Help!/I'm Down Vinyl 45 on Capitol Records US $50.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES SECOND ALBUM T-2080 LP VINYL US $42.50 Buy It Now 1h 16m
The Beatles VI vinyl LP on Capitol Records US $35.87 [0 bids]
The Beatles Ticket To Ride/Yes It Is Vinyl 45 on Capitol Records US $75.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - Yellow Submarine - Official Beanie Ski Hat (BH111) US $18.55 Buy It Now 1h 16m
John Lennon Double Fantasy & Shaved Fish LP Records Beatles NM Vinyl US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 16m
The Beatles White Album on Apple Records US $26.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles Love Me Do/PS I Love You 45 Tollie Records US $35.87 [0 bids]
BEATLES 1962-1966 LP 26 track red vinyl double digitally remastered reissue with US $54.99 Buy It Now 1h 17m
The Beatles A Hard Day's Night vinyl LP on United Artists US $71.74 [0 bids]
BEATLES a hard day's night LP 13 track stereo reissue remastered on 180 gram vin US $37.13 Buy It Now 1h 17m
BEATLES for sale LP 14 track stereo reissue remastered on 180 gram vinyl in gate US $37.13 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Take That - Everything Changes / Beatles Medley, RCA 7432116773- US $6.74 Buy It Now 1h 17m
BEATLES hear the beatles tell all LP reissue (crv202) sticker tear on front of s US $13.73 Buy It Now 1h 17m
SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND THE BEATLES ~ SMAS-2653 / 1967 LP US $35.50 Buy It Now 1h 17m

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Meet the Beatles ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(17%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(25%)

THE BEATLES Meet the Beatles reviews

Review by Guillermo
2 stars The history about The Beatles`s U. S. discography has been known to many people since a long time ago. But I want to comment about it. In 1963 they recorded two albums for the U .K. market. In the U. S. Vee Jay Records released an album called "Introducing The Beatles", twice, with little changes to the songs list. When Capitol Records, which initially refused to release their albums in the U.S. (despite being an EMI company, and that is why Vee Jay and other small labels released a few albums and singles there) realised how popular the band was becoming in other countries, they finally agreed to release their material in the U. S. in 1964. To do this, they sued Vee Jay, and they finally won the rights to release the bandīs material. So, this "Meet The Beatles" album was released in early 1964, with a title wanting to say to the U.S fans "this is really their first official album in the U.S. " (which of course, it wasn`t). Everything could be very fine if they respected the titles of their U.K. albums and the content of the songs included in the albums. But no... they didn`t. They even didn`t respect the mxing of the songs, even doing their own mixings for the U. S. market. This album is no exception. My late father bought this album in 1979. I listened to it recently, and the sound is not very good in comparison to other Capitol Records albums from The Beatles.

This album is essentially the "WithThe Beatles" album from the U.K with some variations in content. For example: "I Saw Her Standing There" was taken from their "Please Please Me" L.P from the U.K. "I Want to Hold Your Hand" and "This Boy" were electronically created Stereo versions of Mono recordings from the U.K. single. Capitol did almost the same treatments for several years for their own albums until they released the "Sgt. Pepper" album. So, the U. S. discography of the band was in those days with more albums than in the U.K., because to include 12 tracks in albums in the U.S was the norm there in comparison to 14 tracks per album in the U.K. In my opinion, that was done exclusively to make more money from the band`s success.

For some years, the Stereo mixings from these Capitol albums (original and not original) were the only available Stereo versions from many songs, because in the U.K. EMI released their first 4 albums on CD only in Mono sound in 1987. Fortunately, their U.K. albums have been recently remastered and re-issued and the Stereo mixings from their original albums are available again, but with remixings. In this case, they were done by people associated with the band.

In my opinion, their U.S. albums are now only important for nostalgic collectors.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#246751) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
2 stars As Guillermo previously wrote, this was not the first Beatles album released in the United States, but the first Capitol labeled album released here. Thus, it was their breakout album in the U.S. (however big they already were, due to international acclaim). In that, it is an historic release. And I suppose, in some way, they were bringing something different to the rock world. But at this point, I just don't hear it. They were very good pop songs for their time. Extremely catchy and infectious, but nothing terribly special, and with no hints of what the band would become in just a few short years.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#273503) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 22, 2010

Review by memowakeman
1 stars Meet them if you want.

This is an LP I found some years ago while I was rummaging in my parents' shelf of records, there were actually few albums I was interested in listening to. I've never been a Beatles fan, but anyway I wanted to listen to it back then and kept it. So the last weekend I listened to different LPs I had not played for long time, one of them was this. Well, I'll be honest to you. Out of the twelve tracks included in this "Meet the Beatles" album, I can say I enjoy one or two songs at most. Some of you may kill me but my love for The Beatles is actually incredibly limited, I respect them, but for me they are just an average band whose value was to be in the right place at the right moment, nothing more.

Here you can listen to songs like "I want to hold your hand", "All my loving" or "Hold me tight"; short tracks (two minutes average) that together make 25 minutes of 60īs rock pop music. If you really want to know The Beatles, then get some full-length CD's or better "best of" albums. For those who love them, this LP may be actually good. But for me, it is only for completionists. So, one star is my final grade.

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#411076) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, March 04, 2011

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Meet the Beatles"