MEET THE BEATLES

The Beatles Meet the Beatles album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1964

Side one
1. I Want to Hold Your Hand (2:24)
2. I Saw Her Standing There (2:50)
3. This Boy (2:11)
4. It Won't Be Long (2:11)
5. All I've Got to Do (2:05)
6. All My Loving (2:04)

Side two
7. Don't Bother Me (2:28)
8. Little Child (1:46)
9. Till There Was You (2:12)
10. Hold Me Tight (2:30)
11. I Wanna Be Your Man (1:59)
12. Not a Second Time (2:03)

Search THE BEATLES Meet the Beatles lyrics

Search THE BEATLES Meet the Beatles tabs

1964, January 20 Capitol ST-2047 (US)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Meet the Beatles Music

Abbey RoadAbbey Road
Remastered
EMI 2012
Vinyl$17.99
The Beatles?- Help! Cassette Released in Korea Factory Sealed US $19.00 Buy It Now 29m 56s
beatles magical mystery tour ep US $40.59 Buy It Now 32m 55s
The Beatles In Mono - size XL 2014 PROMO ONLY shirt NEW + Record Collector News US $35.00 Buy It Now 36m 35s
BUGGS. the. ( BEATLES ) A CANADIAN ORIGINAL COPY IN NM. IN SHRINK LP US $62.00 Buy It Now 36m 38s
BEATLES/she loves you/1964 45 US $35.99 Buy It Now 39m 50s
BEATLES Abbey Road MINI LP CD US $18.99 Buy It Now 40m 10s
ESPERANZA ENCANTADA s/t 1970 US ORG Hippie PSYCH Soft Rock LP in SPANISH Beatles US $125.00 Buy It Now 41m 22s
Beatles 2 LP 1967 - 1970 apple gatefold skbo3404 1973 NM double gate john lennon US $29.00 Buy It Now 41m 49s
Arthur Fiedler & the Boston Pops play The Beatles : Vinyl Album : RCA INTS 1165 US $12.65 Buy It Now 44m 24s
GEORGE HARRISON Thirty Three & 1/3 Dark Horse 1976 US ORG Sealed LP BEATLES US $65.00 Buy It Now 45m 54s
THE BEATLES SGT PEPPERS COLLECTORS EDITION ALTERNATE TAKES VINYL LP SEALED RARE US $75.00 Buy It Now 47m 59s
PAUL MAURIAT - Plays The Beatles - LP US $16.07 Buy It Now 48m 57s
The Beatles Live! At The Star-Club In Hamburg Germany 1962 US $24.99 Buy It Now 49m 3s
JOHN LENNON "Mind games-Meat city- RARE 7" PROMO JB ITALY+rare STRIP - BEATLES US $19.99 Buy It Now 49m 18s
BEATLES FROM THEN TO YOU CD MINI LP OBI US $15.34 Buy It Now 53m 1s
The Beatles At The Hollywood Bowl LP Capitol SMAS 11638 US $20.00 Buy It Now 55m 57s
THE BEATLES FANTASY . MUSIC & WORDS TO 20 HITS. COMPILED BY MARCHBANK &SHODTAK. US $8.10 Buy It Now 56m 25s
BEATLES The Essential Beatles LP TVSS8 US $10.84 Buy It Now 56m 50s
THE BEATLES POP. MUSIC & WORDS TO 20 HITS. 1977.COMPILED BY MARCHBANK &SHODTAK. US $8.10 Buy It Now 57m 51s
The BEATLES White Album PHILIPPINES Double Cassette Tape MINT SEALED US $55.55 Buy It Now 58m 5s
The BEATLES "1" PHILIPPINES Anthology Cassette Tape MINT SEALED US $55.55 Buy It Now 58m 5s
McCartney Beatles - Cherries - SOLO Debut Vinyl LP Record Amazed APPLE STAO 3363 US $15.00 [0 bids]
Beatles Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band Pcs 7027 12" LP UK Import Laminated US $49.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
THE BEATLES Sgt PEPPER LENNON PAUL McCARTNEY STARR HARRISON SIGNED (PRINTED) A4 US $7.45 Buy It Now 1h 8m
John Lennon - Mind Games - Rock/Pop VG++ 1973 Apple Beatles Rare DR WRTG in Wax US $7.99 [0 bids]
BADFINGER (For Love Or Money) 1974 US ORG Test Pressing LP BEATLES Molland Ham US $150.00 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Mojo: Beatles Revolver Reloaded ~ Various Artists (July 2006) Audio CD US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Lot of 5 The Beatles Vanilla Fudge Stevie Wonder John Sebastian Earl Scruggs US $12.99 [0 bids]
COLLIER'S ENCYCLOPEDIA -1965 EDITION YEAR-IN-SOUND- LP + 7" SINGLE- BEATLES APP. US $39.95 Buy It Now 1h 16m
BEATLES - GET BACK JOURNALS, RARE 8 CD BOX BOOK FIRST PRESSING! US $380.00 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Beatles Abbey road record 50-383 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 17m
beatles IV record st 2358 US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 17m
BEATLES Acoustic White Album Kinfauns CD MINI LP US $16.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Old Music Record ~BEATLES JOHN LENNON ONO IMAGINE~ Vintage Vinyl LP Album RARE US $44.95 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Day Tripper / We Can Work It Out - Parlophone 7-inch Vinyl Record US $12.97 Buy It Now 1h 25m
The Beatles - Help - Parlophone R 5305 - First Press 7-inch Vinyl Record US $12.97 Buy It Now 1h 27m
The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever / Penny Lane - 7-inch Vinyl Record US $19.47 Buy It Now 1h 27m
BEATLES ANTHOLOGY VOL. 1 - 2 CD SET (NOV-1995, CAPITOL/EMI RECORDS) US $9.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES Rock'n'Roll Music CD MINI LP US $15.49 Buy It Now 1h 30m
The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night - Portuguese Stereo LP #thebeatles US $40.57 Buy It Now 1h 30m
BEATLES FOR SALE JAPAN 1986 ORIGINAL MONO RED COLOR VINYL w/WIDE RED OBI RARE US $112.49 Buy It Now 1h 30m
The Beatles - Help! - Portuguese LP Vinyl Record #thebeatles US $48.69 Buy It Now 1h 30m
The Beatles First And Tony Sheridan - LP Vinyl Record #thebeatles US $24.34 Buy It Now 1h 30m
The Beatles - A Collection Of Beatles Oldies - LP Vinyl Record #thebeatles US $24.34 Buy It Now 1h 30m
The Beatles - Abbey Road - PCS 7088 - Third Pressing LP #thebeatles US $48.69 Buy It Now 1h 30m
The Beatles - 1967-1970 - SKBO 3404 - US Press - 2-LP Vinyl Record US $40.57 Buy It Now 1h 31m
The Beatles - Revolver - PCS 7009 - LP Vinyl Record #thebeatles US $40.57 Buy It Now 1h 31m
The Beatles - Let It Be - PCS 7096 - 3U/3U - LP Record #thebeatles US $40.57 Buy It Now 1h 31m
The Beatles LP Help OZ Australian Black/Yellow Mono PMCO 1255 Pressing Rare EX- US $29.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Revolver - PCS 7009 - 4th Press '2-Box' LP Vinyl Record US $48.69 Buy It Now 1h 36m
The Beatles Featuring Tony Sheridan 12" LP on Contour CN2007 Plays EX US $8.12 Buy It Now 1h 36m
The Beatles - Rubber Soul - PMC 1267 - Rare "Loud Cut" Pressing - LP Vinyl US $162.33 Buy It Now 1h 36m
The Beatles - With The Beatles - 2nd Press - 7N/7N - PMC 1206 Mono LP Vinyl US $48.69 Buy It Now 1h 36m
The Beatles - With The Beatles - 7N/7N - 2nd Press - PMC 1206 Mono LP Vinyl US $40.57 Buy It Now 1h 37m
The Beatles - Hear The Beatles Tell All - LP Vinyl Record US $48.69 Buy It Now 1h 37m
The Beatles - Rubber Soul - PCS 3075 - Rare French EMI Pressing - LP Vinyl US $56.80 Buy It Now 1h 37m
THE BEATLES Beatles For Sale PARLOPHONE Yellow & Black PMCO-1240 Mono US $4.51 [0 bids]
Louis Van Dyke - Plays Lennon McCartney LP DUTCH PRESS CBS Records Beatles US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 39m
The Beatles - Birth Of The Beatles LP ITALIAN PRESS Curcio US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 39m
ANGEL d.b.v JIMMY'S OPERA rock pop opera beatles pink floyd who queen beach boys US $1.61 [0 bids]
2012 spaceships all over the world ANGEL cd queen/sweet/pop rock/beatles/stones US $1.61 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hey Jude - 1 C 062-04 348 - German LP Vinyl Record US $48.70 Buy It Now 1h 48m
THE BEATLES Hard Day's Night PARLOPHONE Yellow & Black PMCO-1230 Mono US $4.51 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES POSTER "STANDING" LICENSED "BRAND NEW" LENNON, McCARTNEY, HARRISON US $10.79 Buy It Now 1h 53m
THE BEATLES*1962-1966 ALBUM CLOCK!**GREAT GIFT ITEM!!***** US $28.99 Buy It Now 2h
JOHN LENNON (Beatles) -The Liverpool Echoes Tribute- 20 pages Photos US $35.72 Buy It Now 2h 3m
The Silver Beatles Volume 1 & Volume 2 LP Records 1982 Phoenix Records VG+EX US $14.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Do You Want To Know A Secret/Thank You Girl Vinyl 45 VG+ Condition! US $5.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES, Magnet And Coaster, Brand New, Official Memoribillia. US $1.61 [0 bids]
BEATLES IN ITALY EMI ODEON EAS-81525 WITH OBI CHAMPAGNE BACK RARE COVER OOP US $119.99 Buy It Now 2h 11m
The Beatles / 1967-1970 - NM/NM US $19.95 [0 bids]
The Beatles - LET IT BE - Rare Pressing Maggie Mae credits - NM US $39.95 [0 bids]
The Beatles / 1962-1966 - EX/NM US $15.95 [0 bids]
AUDIOPHILE DIGITAL MIX / THE KING'S SINGERS BEATLES COLLECTION / PROMO LABEL!!! US $149.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Beatles - The Capitol Albums Vol.1 (4-CD Stereo / Mono) Japan Box - Beat 60s 70s US $65.38 Buy It Now 2h 16m
HAPPY BABY: BEATLES FOR BAB...-HAPPY BABY: BEATLES FOR BABIES / VARIOUS CD NEW US $17.09 Buy It Now 2h 16m
BEATLES, THE a beatles collection of oldies VG/VG JAPAN OP-8016 | 14-0514-055 US $51.99 Buy It Now 2h 30m
BEATLES - LOVE ALBUM - RARE LARGE PROMO POSTER ITEM US $27.60 [0 bids]
BEATLES 45 1964...MGM K 13227...Why US $20.00 [0 bids]
POP GOES THE ZITHER Oddball Bachelor Pad Oddity Karl Swoboda LP BEATLES Shrinkwr US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Guitar World Mag instructional CDs lot of 5, Pink floyd, Jimi hendrix, Beatles US $5.25 [0 bids]
Beatles "Alternate Live At The Star Club 1962+" BOX 5LPs +4 CDs + 1DVD US $110.00 [0 bids]
Rock Roll Record FAB FOUR ~THE BEATLES INVASION~Vintage Vinyl LP Album MONO RARE US $24.95 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Green Label Capitol LP VI Clean! US $39.77 Buy It Now 2h 48m
Beatles Cassette Rock Legends US $0.89 [0 bids]
The Beatles French & UK single lot US $37.50 [0 bids]
ALVIN and the CHIPMUNKS greatest hits CD witch doctor JAPANESE BANANA beatles US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles: 1962 Live In Concert Insulated Travel Mug - New & Official In Box US $17.05 Buy It Now 2h 57m
The Beatles - Rubber Soul (1988) CD US $3.57 [5 bids]
BEATLES Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band VERY RARE US 1978 PICTURE DISC ! US $44.99 Buy It Now 2h 58m
THE BEATLES The Complete BBC Sessions: Sure To Fall (CD in Mini LP sleeve OBI) US $18.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES with the beatles 1988 YUGOSLAVIAN CASSETTE black case US $13.00 Buy It Now 2h 59m
THE BEATLES help! 1988 YUGOSLAVIAN CASSETTE black case US $13.00 Buy It Now 2h 59m
THE BEATLES please please me 1988 YUGOSLAVIAN CASSETTE black case/reissue US $13.00 Buy It Now 2h 59m
The Beatles [White Album] by The Beatles (CD, Aug-1988, 2 Discs, Capitol/EMI... US $13.22 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Beatles - I Should Have Known Better 7" Turkish Edition Odeon LA 4157 US $65.00 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Beatles ?- 1967 - 1970 LP Turkish Edition US $75.00 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Beatles ?- 1962 - 1966 LP Turkish Edition US $75.00 Buy It Now 2h 59m
THE BEATLES Yellow Submarine UK yellow vinyl LP in gatefold sleeve 1999 US $105.51 Buy It Now 2h 59m
THE BEATLES yesterday/i should have known better 1976 YUGOSLAVIAN 7'' SINGLE US $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 2m

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Meet the Beatles ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(17%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(25%)

THE BEATLES Meet the Beatles reviews

Review by Guillermo
2 stars The history about The Beatles`s U. S. discography has been known to many people since a long time ago. But I want to comment about it. In 1963 they recorded two albums for the U .K. market. In the U. S. Vee Jay Records released an album called "Introducing The Beatles", twice, with little changes to the songs list. When Capitol Records, which initially refused to release their albums in the U.S. (despite being an EMI company, and that is why Vee Jay and other small labels released a few albums and singles there) realised how popular the band was becoming in other countries, they finally agreed to release their material in the U. S. in 1964. To do this, they sued Vee Jay, and they finally won the rights to release the band´s material. So, this "Meet The Beatles" album was released in early 1964, with a title wanting to say to the U.S fans "this is really their first official album in the U.S. " (which of course, it wasn`t). Everything could be very fine if they respected the titles of their U.K. albums and the content of the songs included in the albums. But no... they didn`t. They even didn`t respect the mxing of the songs, even doing their own mixings for the U. S. market. This album is no exception. My late father bought this album in 1979. I listened to it recently, and the sound is not very good in comparison to other Capitol Records albums from The Beatles.

This album is essentially the "WithThe Beatles" album from the U.K with some variations in content. For example: "I Saw Her Standing There" was taken from their "Please Please Me" L.P from the U.K. "I Want to Hold Your Hand" and "This Boy" were electronically created Stereo versions of Mono recordings from the U.K. single. Capitol did almost the same treatments for several years for their own albums until they released the "Sgt. Pepper" album. So, the U. S. discography of the band was in those days with more albums than in the U.K., because to include 12 tracks in albums in the U.S was the norm there in comparison to 14 tracks per album in the U.K. In my opinion, that was done exclusively to make more money from the band`s success.

For some years, the Stereo mixings from these Capitol albums (original and not original) were the only available Stereo versions from many songs, because in the U.K. EMI released their first 4 albums on CD only in Mono sound in 1987. Fortunately, their U.K. albums have been recently remastered and re-issued and the Stereo mixings from their original albums are available again, but with remixings. In this case, they were done by people associated with the band.

In my opinion, their U.S. albums are now only important for nostalgic collectors.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#246751) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
2 stars As Guillermo previously wrote, this was not the first Beatles album released in the United States, but the first Capitol labeled album released here. Thus, it was their breakout album in the U.S. (however big they already were, due to international acclaim). In that, it is an historic release. And I suppose, in some way, they were bringing something different to the rock world. But at this point, I just don't hear it. They were very good pop songs for their time. Extremely catchy and infectious, but nothing terribly special, and with no hints of what the band would become in just a few short years.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#273503) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 22, 2010

Review by memowakeman
1 stars Meet them if you want.

This is an LP I found some years ago while I was rummaging in my parents' shelf of records, there were actually few albums I was interested in listening to. I've never been a Beatles fan, but anyway I wanted to listen to it back then and kept it. So the last weekend I listened to different LPs I had not played for long time, one of them was this. Well, I'll be honest to you. Out of the twelve tracks included in this "Meet the Beatles" album, I can say I enjoy one or two songs at most. Some of you may kill me but my love for The Beatles is actually incredibly limited, I respect them, but for me they are just an average band whose value was to be in the right place at the right moment, nothing more.

Here you can listen to songs like "I want to hold your hand", "All my loving" or "Hold me tight"; short tracks (two minutes average) that together make 25 minutes of 60´s rock pop music. If you really want to know The Beatles, then get some full-length CD's or better "best of" albums. For those who love them, this LP may be actually good. But for me, it is only for completionists. So, one star is my final grade.

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#411076) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, March 04, 2011

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Meet the Beatles"