MEET THE BEATLES

The Beatles Meet the Beatles album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1964

Side one
1. I Want to Hold Your Hand (2:24)
2. I Saw Her Standing There (2:50)
3. This Boy (2:11)
4. It Won't Be Long (2:11)
5. All I've Got to Do (2:05)
6. All My Loving (2:04)

Side two
7. Don't Bother Me (2:28)
8. Little Child (1:46)
9. Till There Was You (2:12)
10. Hold Me Tight (2:30)
11. I Wanna Be Your Man (1:59)
12. Not a Second Time (2:03)

Search THE BEATLES Meet the Beatles lyrics

Search THE BEATLES Meet the Beatles tabs

1964, January 20 Capitol ST-2047 (US)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Meet the Beatles Music

Abbey RoadAbbey Road
Remastered
EMI 2012
Vinyl$18.50
Beatles Picture Disc's (Lot of 4) US $89.00 [0 bids]
29m 15s
BEATLES - HARD DAY'S NIGHT (IMPORT) (LTD) (180GM) NEW VINYL US $89.13 Buy It Now 30m 19s
BEATLES - ANTHOLOGY 2 (IMPORT) NEW CD US $66.43 Buy It Now 30m 29s
PAUL MCCARTNEY ALL THE BEST REALLY NICE TOP END DOUBLE VINYL COPY THE BEATLES US $17.12 Buy It Now 31m 26s
THE BEATLES .45-BIG BAND SWING/LONDON RECORDS, VG US $4.98 Buy It Now 32m 10s
BEATLES NO REPLY JAPAN ODEON 7" P/S US $19.99 Buy It Now 32m 12s
Party Tyme Karaoke - Beatles Billboard Vol 1 (2009) - New - Compact Disc US $11.30 Buy It Now 32m 14s
Beatles - Abbey Road (2009) - New - Compact Disc US $14.68 Buy It Now 32m 16s
THE BEATLES SINGLES COLLECTION JAPAN 1st ISSUE 7" VINYL BOX SET OBI MINT PS US $398.80 Buy It Now 34m 18s
BEATLES JAPAN EP OP-4160 P/S MICHELLE GIRL + 2 US $15.99 Buy It Now 34m 19s
"RARE" LP - "THE BEATLES SONGBOOK" - COLUMBIA-10249-STEREO-IN SHRINK US $4.25 Buy It Now 35m 38s
THE BEATLES Alternative Takes CD MINI LP US $15.99 Buy It Now 35m 49s
Come Together America Salutes The Beatles CD Willie Nelson Randy Travis More! US $0.99 Buy It Now 36m 45s
The Beatles: Official Apple Corps Union Jack Artwork Alarm Clock - New In Box US $25.71 Buy It Now 38m 32s
GEORGE HARRISON-EXTRA TEXTURE-LP-VINYL-RECORD-IMPORT-U.K.,-PAS 10009-THE BEATLES US $11.99 Buy It Now 40m 41s
The Beatles We Can Work It Out + Day Tripper 7in 45 UK 1965 US $14.11 Buy It Now 41m 13s
The Beatles Rarities 1980 Capitol Records US Release US $18.00 Buy It Now 42m 16s
The Beatles Mono Box Set (Remastered Limited Edition) - Beatles US $228.86 Buy It Now 42m 33s
The Beatles: Official Apple Corps Ticket To Ride Metal Alarm Clock - New In Box US $25.71 Buy It Now 44m 48s
The Beatles: Official Apple Corps Sgt Pepper Metal Alarm Clock - New In Box US $25.71 Buy It Now 47m 47s
BEATLES STEREO BEST VOL.1 AP-8657 JAPAN ONLY DIFF JKT APPLE BLACK WAX WITH OBI US $99.99 Buy It Now 51m 21s
The Beatles World 45 Singles Collection 25 Records Box Set Very Rare 1962 - 1970 US $329.16 Buy It Now 51m 33s
The Beatles WHITE ALBUM Japan RED WAX Mono 2LP w/OBI \ US $269.99 Buy It Now 51m 48s
KARL HEINZ KASTEL-GUITAR-TWANG-GERMAN -BEATLES-HIT GITARRE 2- RARE CD US $16.99 Buy It Now 52m 1s
LOS BEATLES (LOS instead of THE) "Y YO LA QUERIA" PERU 7" BLACK ODEON #9098 US $17.77 [0 bids]
1h
THE BEATLES "I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER" PERU 7" BLACK ODEON ##9071 US $17.77 [0 bids]
1h
BEATLES & TONY SHERIDAN STEREO LP US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h
THE BEATLES from me to you UK Picture Disc 7" Vinyl 2 Discs Set 45 MINT US $86.00 [0 bids]
Beatles Magical Mystery Tour book POSTER sheet from Record Album rock orig lp US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Beatles Magical Mystery Tour book POSTER sheet from Record Album rock orig art US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
The Beatles: Abbey Road Neoprene 13 Inch Laptop Bag / Case - New US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Beatles Magical Mystery Tour book POSTER sheet from Record Album rock orig art US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Beatles Magical Mystery Tour book POSTER sheet from Record Album rock orig art US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Beatles Magical Mystery Tour book POSTER sheet from Record Album rock orig art US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Beatles - On Air Live At Bbc V02 (2013) - New - Compact Disc US $19.82 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Beatles - Hard Days Night (2014) - New - Compact Disc US $12.83 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Beatles - Beatles Vi (2014) - New - Compact Disc US $12.83 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Beatles - Hey Jude (2014) - New - Compact Disc US $12.83 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Beatles Magical Mystery Tour book POSTER sheet Record Italian Picture rock art US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
The Beatles: Union Jack Art Neoprene 13 Inch Laptop Bag/Case - New US $27.42 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Beatles George Harrison Magical Mystery Tour book POSTER sheet Record rock art US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 11m
JOHN LENNON POSTER "NEW YORK" LICENSED "BRAND NEW" THE BEATLES US $11.24 Buy It Now 1h 15m
THE BEATLES FEATURING TONY SHERIDAN LP CN 2007 634 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Please Please Me Picture Disc 12" The Beatles Rare US $115.00 Buy It Now 1h 17m
The Beatles: Official Apple Corps Ltd Union Jack Bi Fold Wallet - New With Tag US $27.42 Buy It Now 1h 18m
The Beatles Instrumental Lot 3 CD Rare US $30.00 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Philippines DAVE CLARK FIVE - Lot Sale CASSETTES Rare BEATLES Mike Smith DC5 Oop US $49.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
The Chipmunks sing the Beatles, David Seville, Liberty LBY 1218, 1964 Vinyl US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 21m
The Beatles: Official Apple Corps Ltd Abbey Road Bi Fold Wallet - New With Tag US $30.85 Buy It Now 1h 22m
THE BEATLES-WHITE ALBUM-ORIGINAL YUGOSLAV LP 1985+4 PHOTOS-GATEFOLD COVER-APPLE US $24.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES-IN THE BEGINNING-(CIRCA 1960)-RARE ORIGINAL ITALIAN LP 1970-POP ROCK US $24.99 [0 bids]
JOHN LENNON SHAVED FISH ISRAELI LP HEBREW TITLE BEATLES US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 28m
UKR Tour 2012 Advert. RINGO STARR Liverpool 8 UKRAINE Ukrainian CD the BEATLES US $14.90 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Paul McCartney & Wings-Venus A nd Mars-Giant Posters & LP /The Beatles/Paul McC US $30.00 Buy It Now 1h 29m
"BBC CLASSIC TRACKS" - CD 1990 ORIG RADIO SHOW Pink Floyd, Beatles, Jimi Hendrix US $49.88 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Beatles POSTER GIANT SIZE Abbey Road Rd Crossing Wall Art Lennon 100x140cm NEW US $28.17 Buy It Now 1h 33m
PAUL McCARTNEY WINGS BAND ON THE RUN APPLE BEATLES US $8.28 Buy It Now 1h 34m
The Beatles: Official Apple Corps Ticket To Ride Bi Fold Wallet - New With Tag US $29.14 Buy It Now 1h 34m
NeW* BEATLES DROP T LOGO JACKET HOODY BLACK LARGE BRAND NEW OFFICAL MERCHANDISE US $56.38 Buy It Now 1h 35m
The Beatles: Official Apple Corps Ticket To Ride Ladies Purse - New With Tag US $22.28 Buy It Now 1h 38m
The Beatles "From Then To You" Christmas Album CD! US $18.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
The Beatles: 1967 Heads Pattern Short Sleeve Shirt - Brand New & Sealed in Pack US $65.13 Buy It Now 1h 41m
Beatles - Beatles (White Album) CD US $26.39 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Beatles - Love CD US $26.39 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Beatles - Vol. 1-2-Past Masters CD US $26.09 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Beatles - Blue 1967-1970 CD UMGD/CAPITOL US $26.09 Buy It Now 1h 43m
The Beatles: Hard Days Night Short Sleeve Shirt - Brand New & Sealed in Pack US $59.98 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Roberta Flack - Let It Be-Roberta Flack Sings The Beatles CD US $17.01 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Willy Chirino - My Beatles Heart CD US $16.24 Buy It Now 1h 45m
BEATLES - MEET THE BEATLES (MINI LP SLEEVE) NEW CD US $22.50 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Beatles - Past Masters 180G Vinyl 2 LP Vinyl Record LP US $41.43 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Beatles - White Album 180G Vinyl 2 LP Incl. Poster Vinyl Record LP US $43.98 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Hard Jazz Knights - Jazzing The Beatles CD US $18.29 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Brothers Four - Beatles Songbook (K2Hd Mastering) CD US $47.74 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Jackie Lomax "Ballad of Liverpool Slim..Plus" CD New Beatles/Apple US $22.26 Buy It Now 1h 51m
#D32. ORIGINAL 1964 MOBIL PINUP OF THE BEATLES, FACTORY SIGNATURES US $112.85 Buy It Now 1h 51m
BEATLES - TIMELESS II Obi Japan PICTURE DISC + 7'' w/ 7'' US $65.50 Buy It Now 1h 51m
(C10) CD The Beatles live at the BBC Double Disc Set 69 Tracks US $15.42 Buy It Now 1h 52m
London Jazz Four - London Jazz Four Take Another Look At The Beatles CD US $25.40 Buy It Now 1h 54m
John Di Martino - Beatles In Jazz CD US $34.29 Buy It Now 2h
BEATLES - LIVE AT THE STAR-CLUB Hamburg 1962 Obi Japan 2LP w/ 7'' US $65.50 Buy It Now 2h
THE BEATLES LOVE SONGS ISRAELI 2LP SINGLE SLEEVE PORTRAIT DIFF COVER ISRAEL US $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 6m
JOHN LENNON-"Mind Games" orig. 1973 Aust. LP APPLE (Beatles) US $3.75 [0 bids]
The Beatles We Can Work It RARE 7" Plain Sleeve US $5.14 Buy It Now 2h 8m
The Beatles Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band VINYL LP 1973 FRENCH PCS7027 US $42.85 Buy It Now 2h 10m
MARY HOPKIN-"Goodbye"/"Sparrow" orig. Aust. 45 (APPLE,The Beatles) US $1.87 [1 bids]
MARY HOPKIN-"Knock,Knock Who's There?" orig. Aust. 45 APPLE (The Beatles) US $1.87 [1 bids]
MARY HOPKIN-"Temma Harbour" orig. Aust. 45 APPLE (The Beatles) US $1.87 [1 bids]
1966 QUARTET - HELP: BEATLES CLASSICS (IMPORT) NEW CD US $54.09 Buy It Now 2h 13m
The Beatles: Union Jack Passport Cover & Luggage Tag Set - New & Official In Box US $30.85 Buy It Now 2h 18m
RINGO STARR-"It Don't Come Easy" orig. Aust. 45 APPLE (The Beatles) US $1.87 [1 bids]
BEATLES RUBBER SOUL JAPAN MONO ISSUE RED WAX LP OBI MINT US $114.90 Buy It Now 2h 19m
THE BEATLES-"Penny Lane"/"Strawberry Fields Forever"orig. Aust. 45 w/PS PARLOPHO US $4.78 [3 bids]
BEATLES japanese CD Single Love Me Do & P.S. I Love You EMI Odeon Brand New US $25.25 Buy It Now 2h 24m

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Meet the Beatles ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(17%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(25%)

THE BEATLES Meet the Beatles reviews

Review by Guillermo
2 stars The history about The Beatles`s U. S. discography has been known to many people since a long time ago. But I want to comment about it. In 1963 they recorded two albums for the U .K. market. In the U. S. Vee Jay Records released an album called "Introducing The Beatles", twice, with little changes to the songs list. When Capitol Records, which initially refused to release their albums in the U.S. (despite being an EMI company, and that is why Vee Jay and other small labels released a few albums and singles there) realised how popular the band was becoming in other countries, they finally agreed to release their material in the U. S. in 1964. To do this, they sued Vee Jay, and they finally won the rights to release the bandīs material. So, this "Meet The Beatles" album was released in early 1964, with a title wanting to say to the U.S fans "this is really their first official album in the U.S. " (which of course, it wasn`t). Everything could be very fine if they respected the titles of their U.K. albums and the content of the songs included in the albums. But no... they didn`t. They even didn`t respect the mxing of the songs, even doing their own mixings for the U. S. market. This album is no exception. My late father bought this album in 1979. I listened to it recently, and the sound is not very good in comparison to other Capitol Records albums from The Beatles.

This album is essentially the "WithThe Beatles" album from the U.K with some variations in content. For example: "I Saw Her Standing There" was taken from their "Please Please Me" L.P from the U.K. "I Want to Hold Your Hand" and "This Boy" were electronically created Stereo versions of Mono recordings from the U.K. single. Capitol did almost the same treatments for several years for their own albums until they released the "Sgt. Pepper" album. So, the U. S. discography of the band was in those days with more albums than in the U.K., because to include 12 tracks in albums in the U.S was the norm there in comparison to 14 tracks per album in the U.K. In my opinion, that was done exclusively to make more money from the band`s success.

For some years, the Stereo mixings from these Capitol albums (original and not original) were the only available Stereo versions from many songs, because in the U.K. EMI released their first 4 albums on CD only in Mono sound in 1987. Fortunately, their U.K. albums have been recently remastered and re-issued and the Stereo mixings from their original albums are available again, but with remixings. In this case, they were done by people associated with the band.

In my opinion, their U.S. albums are now only important for nostalgic collectors.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#246751) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
2 stars As Guillermo previously wrote, this was not the first Beatles album released in the United States, but the first Capitol labeled album released here. Thus, it was their breakout album in the U.S. (however big they already were, due to international acclaim). In that, it is an historic release. And I suppose, in some way, they were bringing something different to the rock world. But at this point, I just don't hear it. They were very good pop songs for their time. Extremely catchy and infectious, but nothing terribly special, and with no hints of what the band would become in just a few short years.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#273503) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 22, 2010

Review by memowakeman
1 stars Meet them if you want.

This is an LP I found some years ago while I was rummaging in my parents' shelf of records, there were actually few albums I was interested in listening to. I've never been a Beatles fan, but anyway I wanted to listen to it back then and kept it. So the last weekend I listened to different LPs I had not played for long time, one of them was this. Well, I'll be honest to you. Out of the twelve tracks included in this "Meet the Beatles" album, I can say I enjoy one or two songs at most. Some of you may kill me but my love for The Beatles is actually incredibly limited, I respect them, but for me they are just an average band whose value was to be in the right place at the right moment, nothing more.

Here you can listen to songs like "I want to hold your hand", "All my loving" or "Hold me tight"; short tracks (two minutes average) that together make 25 minutes of 60īs rock pop music. If you really want to know The Beatles, then get some full-length CD's or better "best of" albums. For those who love them, this LP may be actually good. But for me, it is only for completionists. So, one star is my final grade.

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#411076) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, March 04, 2011

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Meet the Beatles"