RUBBER SOUL (US)

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1965

Side A
1. I've Just Seen A Face
2. Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
3. You Won't See Me

- George Harrison / guitars, sitar
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Capitol ST 2442 (stereo) - December 6, 1965
Capitol T 2442 (mono) - December 6, 1965

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Rubber Soul (US) Music

Abbey RoadAbbey Road
Remastered
EMI 2012
Vinyl$18.16
THE BEATLES FIRST / JAPAN 60'S GRAMMOPHON LAMINATED FLI US $59.99 Buy It Now 34m 35s
THE BEATLES PART 2 US RELEASE CASSETTE TAPE US $22.31 Buy It Now 36m 59s
"A Hard Days Night" The Beatles Mono Soundtrack ( Canada ) US $9.99 [1 bids]
38m 35s
The Beatles "Second Album" Capitol Stereo Orange Label ( Canada ) US $9.99 [0 bids]
45m 32s
A Hard Day's Night by The Beatles (CD, Aug-1988, Capitol/EMI Records) US $7.50 [0 bids]
46m 18s
The Beatles A collection of beatles oldies cassette tape US $3.67 Buy It Now 47m 24s
THE BEATLES ROCK LEGENDS SERIES RARE AUSTRALIAN RELEASE CASSETTE TAPE US $31.25 Buy It Now 47m 24s
The Beatles Story Super Hits JAPAN CD RARE OOP #34-2 US $16.19 Buy It Now 48m 3s
THE BEATLES LIMITED EDITION RARE PHOTOS & INTERVIEW CD DIGIPAK NUMBERED CD US $6.25 Buy It Now 48m 18s
BEATLES LOVE ME DO RED LABEL 1N MATRIX ORIG EX RARE !!! US $66.88 [13 bids]
51m 32s
Beatles WHITE Record LP Album Exc.Con! (411) Mirror Finish!! Purple Labels US $34.99 Buy It Now 51m 42s
BEATLES - SGT PEPPERS - ORIG 1967 UK MONO LP PMC 7027 on YELLOW/BLACK PARLOPHONE US $14.50 [5 bids]
51m 55s
BEATLES-THE BEATLES 1962-1966-JAPAN 2 CD Ltd/Ed F83 zd US $31.50 Buy It Now 52m 52s
The Beatles: Number 1's Playing Card Deck / Pack - New & Official In Sealed Box US $11.42 Buy It Now 56m 9s
LOS MUSTANG - LOS MUSTANG-INTERPRETAN A LOS BEATLES NEW CD US $20.65 Buy It Now 57m 28s
BEATLES SONGBOOK,1967-1970. WORDS & MUSIC, includes Get Back, Penny Lane US $19.57 Buy It Now 58m
THE BEATLES A HARD DAYS NIGHT ORIGINAL FRAMED ALBUM COVER ARTWORK US $48.92 Buy It Now 58m 37s
BEATLES - The Early Tapes of The Beatles - JAPAN SHM - RARE OOP US $69.99 [0 bids]
58m 57s
BEATLES - ABBEY ROAD - JAPAN CD 2002 EDITION RARE OOP US $49.99 [0 bids]
58m 58s
BEATLES, THE Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - JAPAN SEALED CD - OOP RARE US $49.99 [0 bids]
58m 58s
Beatles - White Album JAPAN - (2CD, Mar-2000, Toshiba Emi) - RARE OOP Not CHINA US $49.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES - HELP! - JAPAN CD 2002 EDITION RARE OOP US $49.99 [0 bids]
58m 58s
BEATLES - FOR SALE - SEALED NEW (CD, Feb-2002, Emi/Parlophone) US $49.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES - REVOLVER - JAPAN 2002 NEW CD - RARE US $49.99 [0 bids]
58m 58s
BEATLES timeless ii 1/2 7" interview pic disc in die cut pic sleeve (sm1451) us US $25.69 Buy It Now 59m 14s
THE BEATLES - ABBEY ROAD - VINYL LP ALBUM - CAPITOL SO-383 US $8.99 [1 bids]
Joemy Wilson : Beatles on Hammered Dulcimer CD (1993) US $6.93 Buy It Now 1h 2m
???? THE BEATLES YELLOW SUBMARINE BASEBALL CAP ADJUSTABLE FIT BRAND NEW ? ? ? US $29.34 Buy It Now 1h 3m
AMPLIFIED Official Uni-Sex Tee Shirt Various Sizes JOHN LENNON BEAT US $37.50 Buy It Now 1h 6m
AMPLIFIED Official Uni-Sex Tee Shirt Various Sizes JOHN LENNON BEATLES WORKING US $37.50 Buy It Now 1h 6m
The Beatles-Let It Be-7" Vinyl Single-Framed-Wall Clock-Great Gift Idea US $28.53 Buy It Now 1h 6m
EP LES BEATLES '' odeon ep " 4 songs - Act Naturally" '' FRANCE SOE 3775 B US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Greatest omhs 3001 Odeon Dutch lp US $9.77 [0 bids]
BEATLES -THE LONG AND WINDING ROAD - FRENCH 7" P/S US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Jimmy Caravan Hey Jude Beatles Doors OtisRedding covers IsaacHayes organ soul US $9.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES 1967-1970 LP 28 track double 80's issue in non laminated sleeve (pcsp718 US $23.23 Buy It Now 1h 14m
* BEATLES - Love US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
BEATLES a collection of beatles oldies LP 16 track stereo (fa4130811) wear to to US $12.38 Buy It Now 1h 15m
BEATLES BACH BACHARACH GO BOSSA s/t LP 12 track (mfp5206) uk mfp 1971 US $15.50 Buy It Now 1h 16m
BEATLES beatles first LP 23 track double in union jack sleeve design (2664107) o US $38.72 Buy It Now 1h 16m
BEATLES decca sessions 1/1/62 LP 12 track (top181) european topline 1987 US $18.58 Buy It Now 1h 16m
BEATLES for sale LP 14 track black/yellow mono pressing gatefold with outline mo US $92.96 Buy It Now 1h 16m
BEATLES let it be LP 12 track stereo pressing matrix 3u/3u green apple on back o US $54.22 Buy It Now 1h 17m
BEATLES rarities LP 17 track (1a03806867) sticker tears to front of sleeve dutch US $18.58 Buy It Now 1h 17m
BEATLES revolver LP 14 track mono yellow/black sold in uk text label design matr US $54.22 Buy It Now 1h 17m
BEATLES "RARE" VINYL 45'S W/ PICTURE SLEEVES ! GEORGE HARRISON US $4.50 [0 bids]
BEATLES rubber soul LP 14 track mono sold in uk text sans serif text label desig US $46.47 Buy It Now 1h 18m
BEATLES "RARE" BOOK & RECORD COMBO ! PAUL McCARTNEY & SERGIO MENDES ! US $4.00 [0 bids]
Lot of 33 45 rpm Records The Beatles John Lennon Paul McCartney George Harrison US $79.99 [0 bids]
Beatles promo post card US $1.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
BEATLES A COLLECTION OF OLDIES JAPAN LP w/Apple Green Obi AP-8016 US $20.70 Buy It Now 1h 18m
BEATLES sgt peppers lonely hearts club band LP 13 track early 70's black/silver US $38.72 Buy It Now 1h 18m
BEATLES sgt peppers lonely hearts club band LP 13 track stereo 2 box black/silve US $26.33 Buy It Now 1h 18m
BEATLES white album LP late 70's reissue in embossed side opening sleeve with ph US $46.47 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Beatles 22 pc. 3 inch cds in unopened longboxes ** will ship worldwide** US $300.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES McCARTNEY & WINGS LP VENUS MARS W/ 2 POSTERS & STICKERS US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 20m
THE BEATLES YESTERDAY AND TODAY BUTCHER CLEAR MARBRE VINYL REISSUE CAPITOL MINT US $109.00 Buy It Now 1h 23m
The Beatles - Revolver VINYL LP NEW/ MINT US $30.97 Buy It Now 1h 24m
THE BEATLES 1966 UK REVOLVER LP MONO 606 -1 EXCELLENT EJD SL RIDGED LABELS US $815.55 Buy It Now 1h 28m
BEATLES SONGBOOK,'BEATLES SONGS' WORDS & MUSIC, US $19.57 Buy It Now 1h 29m
PAUL MCCARTNEY,FINE LINE,BEATLES,RARE CD SINGLE US $1.61 [0 bids]
BEATLES LOVE SONGS 2 LP GATEFOLD WITH INSERT BOOKLET EX!!! US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
" BEATLES WHITE ALBUM, WITH INSERTS, EMBOSSED BEATLES,#2617563 COVER,VERY NICE!" US $119.95 Buy It Now 1h 31m
"BEATLES", SECOND ALBUM (ST-2080). ORIGINAL RAINBOW MONO,BEAUTIFUL COPY" US $89.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
THE BEATLES_From Me To You_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_B2a US $10.73 Buy It Now 1h 33m
THE BEATLES HELP! GATEFOLD CAPITOL SMAS -2386 VINYL LP US $25.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES_Get Back_Don't Let Me Down_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_B2a US $10.73 Buy It Now 1h 36m
I WANT THE BEATLES TO PLAY AT MY ART CENTER / VAR NEW VINYL US $40.48 Buy It Now 1h 37m
THE BEATLES 60's Sheet music A HARD DAY'S NIGHT US $22.84 Buy It Now 1h 39m
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1992) inc Booklet US $7.98 Buy It Now 1h 41m
The Beatles "Abbey Road Revisited - Those Were The Days" Rare LP: SEALED US $199.00 Buy It Now 1h 42m
YOkO OnO Never Say Goodbye 12" PROMO Beatles JOHN LENNON Super RARE US $60.00 Buy It Now 1h 43m
John Lennon Yoko Ono HEART PLAY Unfinished Dialogue LP 1983 SEALED MINT Beatles US $26.25 Buy It Now 1h 43m
BEATLES 2XLP. '1962-1966'. PCSP 717.LAM G/FOLD.DIE CUT INNERS.'HTM' EX/EX/EX !!! US $9.77 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES_I Am The Walrus_Hello Goodbye__used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_B2a US $10.73 Buy It Now 1h 44m
BEATLES 7"/EP.'TWIST AND SHOUT' **RARE MISPRINT*'DO YOU WANT A KNOW A SECRET' US $4.88 [0 bids]
Beatles on Apple 04353 Germany Let It Be & You Know My Name Stereo US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 45m
The Beatles: "Live In Europe & US TV Casts" Very Rare LP: SEALED US $199.00 Buy It Now 1h 45m
The Beatles: "Don't Pass Me By" Very Rare original LP US $199.00 Buy It Now 1h 46m
THE BEATLES_Help_I'm Down_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_B2a US $10.73 Buy It Now 1h 47m
THE BEATLES - With A Little Help From My Friends ? typography poster art print US $14.60 Buy It Now 1h 50m
THE BEATLES - With A Little Help From My Friends ? typography poster art print US $19.49 Buy It Now 1h 50m
THE BEATLES - With A Little Help From My Friends ? typography poster art print US $22.75 Buy It Now 1h 50m
THE BEATLES - With A Little Help From My Friends ? typography poster art print US $26.02 Buy It Now 1h 50m
THE BEATLES - With A Little Help From My Friends ? typography poster art print US $32.54 Buy It Now 1h 50m
THE BEATLES - While My Guitar Gently Weeps ? typography poster art print US $14.60 Buy It Now 1h 50m
THE BEATLES - While My Guitar Gently Weeps ? typography poster art print US $19.49 Buy It Now 1h 50m
THE BEATLES - While My Guitar Gently Weeps ? typography poster art print US $22.75 Buy It Now 1h 50m
THE BEATLES - While My Guitar Gently Weeps ? typography poster art print US $26.02 Buy It Now 1h 50m
THE BEATLES - While My Guitar Gently Weeps ? typography poster art print US $32.54 Buy It Now 1h 50m
THE BEATLES - When I'm Sixty Four ? song lyrics typography poster art prints US $14.60 Buy It Now 1h 50m
THE BEATLES - When I'm Sixty Four ? song lyrics typography poster art prints US $19.49 Buy It Now 1h 50m
THE BEATLES - When I'm Sixty Four ? song lyrics typography poster art prints US $22.75 Buy It Now 1h 50m
THE BEATLES - When I'm Sixty Four ? song lyrics typography poster art prints US $26.02 Buy It Now 1h 50m
THE BEATLES - When I'm Sixty Four ? song lyrics typography poster art prints US $32.54 Buy It Now 1h 50m
THE BEATLES - Ticket To Ride ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 US $14.60 Buy It Now 1h 50m
THE BEATLES - Ticket To Ride ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 US $19.49 Buy It Now 1h 50m
THE BEATLES - Ticket To Ride ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 US $22.75 Buy It Now 1h 50m
THE BEATLES - Ticket To Ride ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 US $26.02 Buy It Now 1h 50m
THE BEATLES - Ticket To Ride ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 US $32.54 Buy It Now 1h 50m

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Rubber Soul (US) ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(43%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(18%)

THE BEATLES Rubber Soul (US) reviews

Review by Guillermo
2 stars This U. S. version from this album was released there with some changes in comparison to the U.K. original album of the same title: Capitol deleted "Drive My Car", "Nowhere Man", "What Goes On" and "If I Needed Someone", and instead they included "I`ve Just Seen a Face" and "It`s Only Love", leaving an LP with 12 tracks. "Drive My Car", "Nowhere Man", "What Goes On" and "If I Needed Someone" were released in June 1966 in an album called "Yesterday...and Today" with other previously unreleased tracks in the U.S. "I`ve Just Seen a Face" and "It`s Only Love" were taken from the original U.K. "Help!" album. The U.S. "Help!" album was released without these tracks but with instrumental soundtrack music done by Ken Thorne.

While it was a shorter album in comparison to the U.K. version, in this case the inclusion of "I`ve Just Seen a Face" and "It`s Only Love" worked well with the rest of the songs. But I prefer the original U.K. version of this album.

I have to say that the sound of this Capitol album is very good. The manufacturing of the disc is very good, and the quality of the cover printing is also very good. The "Capitolīs New Improved Full Dimensional Stereo" (as it is announced at the top of the back cover) sounds very good to me even in the present.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#246754) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars The US strikes again butchering the original Beatles album tracks of "Rubber Soul" and this time they removed some of the best tracks such as "Drive My Car", "Nowhere Man", "What Goes On" and "If I Needed Someone". The good part of that is they included the brilliant "I've Just Seen A Face" but there is also the mediocre "It's Only Love", both from "Help!" album and they are really fish out of water on this release.

In my opinion avoid this and get the UK version if possible. These US rehashes are totally unnecessary unless you are a collector. Strictly stick to the vinyl version of this as it is worth something for it's sheer rarity.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#399496) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 13, 2011

Review by Sinusoid
2 stars I am reviewing the American version of this album since this is the one I have familiarity with. Other than a couple of tracks, it's the same as the British version. But the American version is what I own although I've heard the ''missing'' tracks elsewhere, and my opinion of RUBBER SOUL doesn't differ enough to warrant a review on the British version.

I must repeatedly point out in these reviews that I am by no stretch of the imagination a Beatles fan. I never grew up with them. My parents (nor other family members, come to think about it) were never Beatle fans either. I've discovered their albums completely in retrospect and found some good albums, some bad albums, and some mediocre albums. I would define RUBBER SOUL as a mediocre album.

Often considered the first classic Beatles album (let alone one of the greatest albums in music history), RUBBER SOUL lacks confidence. It's as if the Beatles were trying to get away from the Beatlemania pop tunes that made them famous but weren't fully committed to make a complete transition into the art rock they later became critically renowned for. Songs like ''Wait'', ''Run for Your Life'' and ''The Word'' sound a little bit too close to the pop the Beatles had marketed their whole careers, none of which are that memorable except the chorus of ''Run for Your Life'', which makes me cringe.

I will give in and admit there are some signs of sheer progression. The most notable is ''Norwegian Wood'', mostly with the sitar's timbre giving a warm, brightness to the track. Definitely the most memorable and best from the album. The American release has the song ''I've Just Seen a Face'' which harkens to a Dylan style of folk, but with much better singing. Harrison's contribution (''Think for Yourself'') might have been forgettable like the majority of the album if not for the fuzz bass. I'd imagine Chris Squire wore this track out when he first got started with Yes.

One huge problem from my understanding is that RUBBER SOUL is just boring to me, and I can never remember half the tunes when I put the album down. Part of the reasoning behind this is that I tend to (possibly wrongly) associate the style of music presented here with the singer/songwriter genre, a genre I absolutely loathe. I find the singer/songwriter genre weak for it being too lyrically oriented, musically unengaging and much of the ''singing'' is bad. The Beatles at least had decent singers, but I'm rarely invested emotionally into the music.

Don't get me wrong, the Beatles made much better albums than this later on. In fact, the next album REVOLVER made a more confident push into experimental pop while still keeping relatively safe structures. So, I'd start there if you want to discover the Beatles in retrospect. RUBBER SOUL is a nice historical document of history, but nothing more.

Send comments to Sinusoid (BETA) | Report this review (#936468) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 28, 2013

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Rubber Soul (US)"