RUBBER SOUL (US)

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1965

Side A
1. I've Just Seen A Face
2. Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
3. You Won't See Me

- George Harrison / guitars, sitar
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Capitol ST 2442 (stereo) - December 6, 1965
Capitol T 2442 (mono) - December 6, 1965

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Rubber Soul (US) Music

Abbey RoadAbbey Road
Remastered
EMI 2012
Vinyl$15.08
The Beatles A Hard Day's Night Thai Cassette New Seal OOP US $24.99 Buy It Now 29m 44s
Beatles Tony Sheridan In The Beginning Thai Cassette Seal OOP 3 USD SHIPPING US $9.99 Buy It Now 29m 44s
BEATLES MYTHOLOGY 1962 - 1963 2 CD MINI LP OBI US $16.27 Buy It Now 29m 52s
BEATLES MYTHOLOGY 1963 - 1964 2 CD MINI LP OBI US $16.27 Buy It Now 29m 57s
BEATLES MYTHOLOGY 1966 - 1967 2 CD MINI LP OBI US $16.27 Buy It Now 30m 2s
BEATLES MYTHOLOGY 1966 CD MINI LP OBI US $15.34 Buy It Now 30m 7s
BEATLES MYTHOLOGY 1968 - 1969 2 CD MINI LP OBI US $16.27 Buy It Now 30m 12s
PAUL McCARTNEY PAUL IS LIVE BEATLES DOUBLE RARE LP !!!!! US $59.99 [0 bids]
30m 27s
The Beatles Lady Madonna / The Inner Light 2138 VG+/EX Rare Rock Picture Sleeve US $49.95 Buy It Now 31m 28s
The Beatles Sgt. Peppers / A Day In The Life / With A Little Help S7 17701 EX/NM US $18.95 Buy It Now 33m 33s
RARE BEATLES WHITE DOUBLE ALBUM RECORD MFSL 2-072 *GREAT SHAPE* (R327) US $100.00 Buy It Now 33m 44s
SPRINGWELL "It's for You(BEATLES)"/"Our Question" PROMO Parrot 359 PSYCH Detroit US $14.99 Buy It Now 34m 7s
The BEATLES "Real Love" 1996 JAPAN EP w/OBI EMI/Odeon/Apple/Toshiba TCOP-8716 US $15.99 Buy It Now 34m 7s
Nilsson Daybreak Ringo Starr Beatles Israel 7" 45 PS US $40.00 Buy It Now 34m 53s
MEET THE BEATLES ALBUM RECORD ST 2047 *GREAT SHAPE* (R329) US $59.00 Buy It Now 35m 45s
Beatles In Their Own Words Rockumentary Box CD 1995 5CDs Laserlight Complete US $24.99 Buy It Now 36m 28s
Beatles Let It Be/You Know My Name UK Picture Disc 45 w/Backing Card US $35.99 Buy It Now 37m 14s
The Beatles Gift Pen In White Box Drop T Logo Presentation Box Set New Official US $25.48 Buy It Now 39m 26s
Ambrosia Magical Mystery Tour / Cowboy Star TC 2327 EX/NM Rock 45 Beatles US $7.95 Buy It Now 41m 53s
The Beatles Love Songs 2LP SKBL-11711 Embossed Cover Records Look Never Used ! US $99.99 Buy It Now 43m 18s
EX/EX !! The Beatles/1962 - 1966/Apple Double LP/Reissue US $17.02 Buy It Now 43m 20s
The Beatles Tribute Anthology Volume 1 CD OOP 3 USD SHIPPING REGISTER WORLDWIDE US $34.99 Buy It Now 44m 8s
Beatles Tony Sheridan Contour Pickwick 8 track tape FREE SHIPPING US $19.95 [0 bids]
44m 17s
HEAR IT BEATLES RELATED FUZZ GUITAR The Calvary Twill MGM 13849 US $13.50 Buy It Now 44m 20s
FRANK ALAMO JE ME BATS POUR .. / HARD DAY's NIGHT BEATLES FRENCH EP Hear! US $22.00 Buy It Now 46m 14s
The Beatles/White Album/1968 Apple Stereo Double LP/Black Inners US $170.40 Buy It Now 46m 49s
Various Artists The Music Of The Beatles Performed By The RRSO Symphony US $4.00 Buy It Now 48m 29s
BEATLES - ANTHOLOGY TWO 2 - NEW SEALED 2 DISC MINI LP CD -SHIPS FROM NEW YORK US $20.98 Buy It Now 49m 10s
THE BEATLES ANTHOLOGY ONE 1 - BRAND NEW SEALED MINI LP CD - SHIPS FROM NEW YORK US $22.98 Buy It Now 49m 10s
Choice of The Beatles Maxi Poster. NEW. John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Ringo US $9.36 Buy It Now 49m 17s
THE BEATLES revolver LP VG- T-2576 Capitol Mono 1966 USA Original Record US $60.00 Buy It Now 49m 57s
THE BEATLES, BEATLES HITS, 7" E.P. US $17.04 Buy It Now 50m 13s
BEATLES - WHITE ALBUM - BRAND NEW SEALED 2 DISC MINI LP CD - SHIPS FROM NY US $20.98 Buy It Now 50m 25s
Quezada, Vinicio Beatles Piano CD US $9.94 Buy It Now 50m 43s
Beatles at Shea Stadium - Described by Erupting Fans! - Collector LP US $5.99 [0 bids]
51m 22s
The Beatles in A Hard Day's Night movie 8x10 11x14 16x20 photo 303 US $12.99 Buy It Now 51m 44s
The Beatles in A Hard Day's Night movie 8x10 11x14 16x20 photo 303 US $6.99 Buy It Now 51m 44s
The Beatles in A Hard Day's Night movie 8x10 11x14 16x20 photo 303 US $24.99 Buy It Now 51m 44s
Stax Does The Beatles, Stax Does the Beatles, Good US $4.46 Buy It Now 52m 11s
ELEKTRA STEREO Baroque Beatles Book RIFKIN Lennon-McCartney EKS-7306 US $5.00 Buy It Now 52m 19s
7"-Single BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus (1967) FRANCE PS US $24.99 Buy It Now 52m 20s
BEATLES - 1976 - "The Beatles 1967 - 1970" (w/Orig. Order Form) US $16.69 [0 bids]
52m 40s
1970's Rock LP BEATLES FEATURING TONY SHERIDAN UK VG++ US $9.99 Buy It Now 52m 49s
vintage BEATLES Live! at the star-club in Hamburg germany 1962 cassette 1977 US $19.99 [0 bids]
52m 50s
Beatles - Anthology 2 [Vinyl New] US $44.50 Buy It Now 53m 9s
1 by The Beatles (CD, Nov-2000, Apple/Capitol) US $11.99 Buy It Now 53m 50s
Paul McCartney The Beatles AP wire photo Not Dead 8x10 11x14 16x20 COPY 304 US $12.99 Buy It Now 53m 54s
Paul McCartney The Beatles AP wire photo Not Dead 8x10 11x14 16x20 COPY 304 US $6.99 Buy It Now 53m 54s
Paul McCartney The Beatles AP wire photo Not Dead 8x10 11x14 16x20 COPY 304 US $24.99 Buy It Now 53m 54s
The Beatles Abbey Road UP photo 8x10 11x14 16x20 photo 305 COPY REPRINT US $12.99 Buy It Now 55m 37s
The Beatles Abbey Road UP photo 8x10 11x14 16x20 photo 305 COPY REPRINT US $6.99 Buy It Now 55m 37s
The Beatles Abbey Road UP photo 8x10 11x14 16x20 photo 305 COPY REPRINT US $24.99 Buy It Now 55m 37s
the BEATLES SECOND ALBUM rare MONO CAPITOL T-2080 VG+! US $39.99 Buy It Now 55m 41s
BEATLES-Beatle Talk Japan LP w/OBI Rare LTD.Number US $39.99 Buy It Now 57m 3s
SGT PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND // THE BEATLES 1967 MONO LP MAS2653 US $9.99 [0 bids]
58m 11s
THE BEATLES SGT PEPPERS LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND parl 2 EMI BOX Lp EX+ US $51.11 Buy It Now 58m 42s
Do It Now Vinyl 60's Beatles Janis Joplin B.J. Thomas Jimi Hendrix 20 Giant Hits US $6.00 [0 bids]
Sealed BEATLES Abbey Road Capitol LP So 383 , mint,1969 US $45.00 [1 bids]
1h
GEORGE HARRISON * ALL THINGS MUST PASS* APPLE STCH 639 BEATLES LP RECORD US $35.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles CD Collection US $34.00 [10 bids]
Beatles - The Beatles Magical Mystery Tour USA Album US $99.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Beatles Abbey Road Apple SO 383 (1969) No Her Majesty Listed on Record or Cover US $14.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES LOT OF 3 CASSETTE TAPES VG+ Abbey Road + Magical Mystery Tour + Revolver US $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
THE BEATLES WHITE ALBUM ~ 1978 CAPITOL SWBO-101 ~ PURPLE LABEL W/PHOTOS US $59.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
The Beatles/ VI / Mono/ VG+ vinyl/ VG cover/ Rainbow Capitol/'66 US $27.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
The Beatles The 3nd Recorded Hour Of The Let It Be Sessions The Ultimate 1969 cd US $32.00 Buy It Now 1h 12m
1962 The Beatles At The Star-Club, Vol. 1 & 2 Live! 2 cd US $59.00 Buy It Now 1h 12m
The Beatles Off White Vol. 2 1967 cd US $32.00 Buy It Now 1h 12m
The Beatles Prime Cuts Vol. 2 1964-1965 cd US $32.00 Buy It Now 1h 12m
The beatles lp US $9.99 [0 bids]
PAUL MCCARTNEY - Tripping the LIVE Fantastic, 2 CD set with 2 Booklets, BEATLES US $8.00 [0 bids]
British Rock Symphony/Pink Floyd,Beatles,Rolling Stones US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
BEATLES JOHN LENNON - IMAGINE VINTAGE 8 TRACK Tape 3379 US $0.99 [0 bids]
NM RARE UK 3 LP Boxset THE BEATLES Historic Sessions 1962 HAMBURG US $59.95 [0 bids]
Orig 1966 Capitol Record Club Lp album THE BEATLES Yesterday & Today ST 8-2553 US $94.95 [0 bids]
EX 1970 1st press APPLE LP album THE BEATLES Let It Be AR 34001 Stereo PLAYS EX US $37.95 Buy It Now 1h 15m
THE BEATLES STARS SING CD MADE IN BRAZIL 1ST PRESS 1994 WITHOUT BARCODE US $99.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
THE BEATLES LOVE SONGS 2 LP MADE IN BRAZIL GATEFOLD XSMOFB-497 PCSP-721 US $21.00 Buy It Now 1h 16m
RICK WAKEMAN TRIBUTE TO THE BEATLES CD MADE IN BRAZIL 1st PRESS 1998 US $49.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
THE BEATLES A Hard Day's Night - ORIGINAL UAL 3366 mono LP US $38.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles ,WINGS OVER AMERICA 1976 Mint plus (2)ep 45 hard days night +more US $99.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles I HOPE WE PASSED THE AUDITION CD Mini-LP sleeve w/OBI SEALED US $22.99 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Baby It's You [Single] by The Beatles (CD, Apr-1995, Capitol/EMI Records) US $8.00 [0 bids]
Meet The Beatles Original Vinyl Album British Invasion Good Condition US $30.00 [0 bids]
JOHN LENNON & YOKO ONO "DOUBLE FANTASY" SEALED ORIG '80 GEFFEN LP (Beatles) US $24.99 [0 bids]
LOVE by Cirque du Soleil/The Beatles (CD, Nov-2006, Capitol/Apple) US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 22m
27 CDG DISCS KARAOKE LOT COUNTRY OLDIES ROCK BEATLES, EAGLES (450+ SONGS) v US $34.99 [0 bids]
Beatles '65 T 2228 US $5.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles at the Hollywood Bowl SMAS-11638 US $5.00 [0 bids]
ORIGINAL1963 THE BEATLES OFFICIAL PIXERAMA 12 BLACK AND WHITE PICTURE BOOK US $30.66 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Lot of 10 Great 45's 60's & 70's CCR/Beatles/Stevie W./Cher/J Rivers See Pics! US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by The Beatles (Cassette,1987, Capitol) US $6.28 Buy It Now 1h 26m
WITH THE BEATLES CD OBI CP32-5322 JAPAN 3,008 YEN RARE **US SELLER** US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
BEATLES Revolver CD RED OBI CP32-5327 JAPAN 3,008 YEN RARE **US SELLER** US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Rubber Soul (US) ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(43%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(18%)

THE BEATLES Rubber Soul (US) reviews

Review by Guillermo
2 stars This U. S. version from this album was released there with some changes in comparison to the U.K. original album of the same title: Capitol deleted "Drive My Car", "Nowhere Man", "What Goes On" and "If I Needed Someone", and instead they included "I`ve Just Seen a Face" and "It`s Only Love", leaving an LP with 12 tracks. "Drive My Car", "Nowhere Man", "What Goes On" and "If I Needed Someone" were released in June 1966 in an album called "Yesterday...and Today" with other previously unreleased tracks in the U.S. "I`ve Just Seen a Face" and "It`s Only Love" were taken from the original U.K. "Help!" album. The U.S. "Help!" album was released without these tracks but with instrumental soundtrack music done by Ken Thorne.

While it was a shorter album in comparison to the U.K. version, in this case the inclusion of "I`ve Just Seen a Face" and "It`s Only Love" worked well with the rest of the songs. But I prefer the original U.K. version of this album.

I have to say that the sound of this Capitol album is very good. The manufacturing of the disc is very good, and the quality of the cover printing is also very good. The "Capitolīs New Improved Full Dimensional Stereo" (as it is announced at the top of the back cover) sounds very good to me even in the present.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#246754) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars The US strikes again butchering the original Beatles album tracks of "Rubber Soul" and this time they removed some of the best tracks such as "Drive My Car", "Nowhere Man", "What Goes On" and "If I Needed Someone". The good part of that is they included the brilliant "I've Just Seen A Face" but there is also the mediocre "It's Only Love", both from "Help!" album and they are really fish out of water on this release.

In my opinion avoid this and get the UK version if possible. These US rehashes are totally unnecessary unless you are a collector. Strictly stick to the vinyl version of this as it is worth something for it's sheer rarity.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#399496) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 13, 2011

Review by Sinusoid
2 stars I am reviewing the American version of this album since this is the one I have familiarity with. Other than a couple of tracks, it's the same as the British version. But the American version is what I own although I've heard the ''missing'' tracks elsewhere, and my opinion of RUBBER SOUL doesn't differ enough to warrant a review on the British version.

I must repeatedly point out in these reviews that I am by no stretch of the imagination a Beatles fan. I never grew up with them. My parents (nor other family members, come to think about it) were never Beatle fans either. I've discovered their albums completely in retrospect and found some good albums, some bad albums, and some mediocre albums. I would define RUBBER SOUL as a mediocre album.

Often considered the first classic Beatles album (let alone one of the greatest albums in music history), RUBBER SOUL lacks confidence. It's as if the Beatles were trying to get away from the Beatlemania pop tunes that made them famous but weren't fully committed to make a complete transition into the art rock they later became critically renowned for. Songs like ''Wait'', ''Run for Your Life'' and ''The Word'' sound a little bit too close to the pop the Beatles had marketed their whole careers, none of which are that memorable except the chorus of ''Run for Your Life'', which makes me cringe.

I will give in and admit there are some signs of sheer progression. The most notable is ''Norwegian Wood'', mostly with the sitar's timbre giving a warm, brightness to the track. Definitely the most memorable and best from the album. The American release has the song ''I've Just Seen a Face'' which harkens to a Dylan style of folk, but with much better singing. Harrison's contribution (''Think for Yourself'') might have been forgettable like the majority of the album if not for the fuzz bass. I'd imagine Chris Squire wore this track out when he first got started with Yes.

One huge problem from my understanding is that RUBBER SOUL is just boring to me, and I can never remember half the tunes when I put the album down. Part of the reasoning behind this is that I tend to (possibly wrongly) associate the style of music presented here with the singer/songwriter genre, a genre I absolutely loathe. I find the singer/songwriter genre weak for it being too lyrically oriented, musically unengaging and much of the ''singing'' is bad. The Beatles at least had decent singers, but I'm rarely invested emotionally into the music.

Don't get me wrong, the Beatles made much better albums than this later on. In fact, the next album REVOLVER made a more confident push into experimental pop while still keeping relatively safe structures. So, I'd start there if you want to discover the Beatles in retrospect. RUBBER SOUL is a nice historical document of history, but nothing more.

Send comments to Sinusoid (BETA) | Report this review (#936468) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 28, 2013

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Rubber Soul (US)"