RUBBER SOUL (US)

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1965

Side A
1. I've Just Seen A Face
2. Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
3. You Won't See Me

- George Harrison / guitars, sitar
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Capitol ST 2442 (stereo) - December 6, 1965
Capitol T 2442 (mono) - December 6, 1965

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Rubber Soul (US) Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Abbey RoadAbbey Road
Remastered
EMI 2012
Vinyl$16.17
THE BEATLES Rubber Soul ** U.S issue 1965 mono ** black/colorband labels USD $9.99 [1 bids]
The Beatles Rubber Soul US Version CD in Stereo USD $16.99 Buy It Now 12h 18m
BEATLES - Rubber Soul ~ VINYL LP 180GRAM US PRESS USD $26.73 Buy It Now 13h 59m
THE BEATLES - RUBBER SOUL: U.S. EDITION: CD ALBUM (January 20th 2014) USD $17.04 Buy It Now 2 days
The BEATLES Rubber Soul 1966 US ORG 2nd Issue LP SHRINK! Minty! McCartney LENNON USD $100.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES-Rubber Soul CD Mono/Stereo Brand New! US Albums USD $19.99 [0 bids]
Rubber Soul (The U.S. Album) - Beatles 602537643707 (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.53 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES Rubber Soul AUDIOPHILE US Original MASTER LP Mobile Fidelity MFSL USD $29.95 [1 bids]
Nice Copy RUBBER SOUL MONO US Rainbow Label BEATLES LP 1965 Classic Original USD $59.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES - RUBBER SOUL- 1971 - APPLE -STEREO ST-2442-NM-US LP USD $15.49 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1965 U.S.A. LP RUBBER SOUL STEREO PRESS USD $62.00 Buy It Now 9 days
The Beatles RUBBER SOUL US 1ST ISSUE FIRST EDITION CD 1987 EMI-Capitol ORIGINAL USD $23.20 Buy It Now 10 days
The Beatles Rubber Soul LP VG++ US Stereo Vintage 60s Pressing L00K! USD $31.50 Buy It Now 11 days
The Beatles Rubber Soul US Version CD in Stereo NEW IN WRAP USD $18.99 Buy It Now 12 days
The Beatles Rubber Soul 1965 US Capitol Plum label LP NM USD $75.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Rubber Soul (The U.S. Album), 0602537643707, The Beatles USD $23.33 Buy It Now 16 days
THE BEATLES THE U.S. ALBUMS RUBBER SOUL BRAND NEW SEALED CD 2014 USD $9.07 Buy It Now 17 days
The Beatles - Rubber Soul - U.S. Version (NEW CD) USD $19.75 Buy It Now 17 days
BEATLES LOT OF 2: Revolver T 2576 (1st US) & Rubber Soul T 2442 / Both Mono USD $87.25 Buy It Now 18 days
BEATLES, RUBBER SOUL US ADVERT - Flexible Fridge Magnet Approx 5" x 4" USD $5.43 Buy It Now 18 days
BEATLES, RUBBER SOUL US ADVERT - MINI-POSTER PRINT 7" x 5" USD $5.43 Buy It Now 18 days
Rubber Soul [Mono Vinyl] [9/9] by The Beatles Vinyl Record Free Shipping in US USD $19.99 Buy It Now 18 days
RUBBER SOUL Stereo US Rainbow Label BEATLES LP 1965 Classic Original Clean Copy USD $99.00 Buy It Now 18 days
THE BEATLES - RUBBER SOUL: U.S. EDITION: CD ALBUM (January 20th 2014) USD $25.24 Buy It Now 20 days
THE BEATLES-RUBBER SOUL-CAPITOL REMASTER-2014-STEREO/MONO-MINI ALBUM CD/US RELEA USD $7.99 Buy It Now 20 days
THE BEATLES - "Rubber Soul" LP 1965 ORIG EARLY US MONO #T 2442 - RARE!! USD $25.88 Buy It Now 20 days
MINT The Beatles Rubber Soul Vinyl LP US Release MFSL 1-106 USD $142.99 Buy It Now 24 days
BEATLES RUBBER SOUL US STEREO FIRST ISSUE ST-2442 VG USD $50.00 Buy It Now 24 days
THE BEATLES Rubber Soul US Album CD 2014 NEW & SEALED Vinyl Replica Sleeve USD $13.88 Buy It Now 27 days
THE MUSIC COMPANY: Rubber Soul Jazz LP MIRWOOD RECORDS MWS7002 US ( Beatles) VG+ USD $17.99 Buy It Now 28 days
*THE BEATLES - RUBBER SOUL - NEW CD MINI LP - OBI - NEW - US SELLER USD $12.14 Buy It Now 28 days
Beatles "Rubber Soul" On Capitol. CDP 7 46440 2. 1992. US. USD $6.72 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Rubber Soul (US) ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(43%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(20%)

THE BEATLES Rubber Soul (US) reviews

Review by Guillermo
2 stars This U. S. version from this album was released there with some changes in comparison to the U.K. original album of the same title: Capitol deleted "Drive My Car", "Nowhere Man", "What Goes On" and "If I Needed Someone", and instead they included "I`ve Just Seen a Face" and "It`s Only Love", leaving an LP with 12 tracks. "Drive My Car", "Nowhere Man", "What Goes On" and "If I Needed Someone" were released in June 1966 in an album called "Yesterday...and Today" with other previously unreleased tracks in the U.S. "I`ve Just Seen a Face" and "It`s Only Love" were taken from the original U.K. "Help!" album. The U.S. "Help!" album was released without these tracks but with instrumental soundtrack music done by Ken Thorne.

While it was a shorter album in comparison to the U.K. version, in this case the inclusion of "I`ve Just Seen a Face" and "It`s Only Love" worked well with the rest of the songs. But I prefer the original U.K. version of this album.

I have to say that the sound of this Capitol album is very good. The manufacturing of the disc is very good, and the quality of the cover printing is also very good. The "Capitolīs New Improved Full Dimensional Stereo" (as it is announced at the top of the back cover) sounds very good to me even in the present.

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars The US strikes again butchering the original Beatles album tracks of "Rubber Soul" and this time they removed some of the best tracks such as "Drive My Car", "Nowhere Man", "What Goes On" and "If I Needed Someone". The good part of that is they included the brilliant "I've Just Seen A Face" but there is also the mediocre "It's Only Love", both from "Help!" album and they are really fish out of water on this release.

In my opinion avoid this and get the UK version if possible. These US rehashes are totally unnecessary unless you are a collector. Strictly stick to the vinyl version of this as it is worth something for it's sheer rarity.

Review by Sinusoid
2 stars I am reviewing the American version of this album since this is the one I have familiarity with. Other than a couple of tracks, it's the same as the British version. But the American version is what I own although I've heard the ''missing'' tracks elsewhere, and my opinion of RUBBER SOUL doesn't differ enough to warrant a review on the British version.

I must repeatedly point out in these reviews that I am by no stretch of the imagination a Beatles fan. I never grew up with them. My parents (nor other family members, come to think about it) were never Beatle fans either. I've discovered their albums completely in retrospect and found some good albums, some bad albums, and some mediocre albums. I would define RUBBER SOUL as a mediocre album.

Often considered the first classic Beatles album (let alone one of the greatest albums in music history), RUBBER SOUL lacks confidence. It's as if the Beatles were trying to get away from the Beatlemania pop tunes that made them famous but weren't fully committed to make a complete transition into the art rock they later became critically renowned for. Songs like ''Wait'', ''Run for Your Life'' and ''The Word'' sound a little bit too close to the pop the Beatles had marketed their whole careers, none of which are that memorable except the chorus of ''Run for Your Life'', which makes me cringe.

I will give in and admit there are some signs of sheer progression. The most notable is ''Norwegian Wood'', mostly with the sitar's timbre giving a warm, brightness to the track. Definitely the most memorable and best from the album. The American release has the song ''I've Just Seen a Face'' which harkens to a Dylan style of folk, but with much better singing. Harrison's contribution (''Think for Yourself'') might have been forgettable like the majority of the album if not for the fuzz bass. I'd imagine Chris Squire wore this track out when he first got started with Yes.

One huge problem from my understanding is that RUBBER SOUL is just boring to me, and I can never remember half the tunes when I put the album down. Part of the reasoning behind this is that I tend to (possibly wrongly) associate the style of music presented here with the singer/songwriter genre, a genre I absolutely loathe. I find the singer/songwriter genre weak for it being too lyrically oriented, musically unengaging and much of the ''singing'' is bad. The Beatles at least had decent singers, but I'm rarely invested emotionally into the music.

Don't get me wrong, the Beatles made much better albums than this later on. In fact, the next album REVOLVER made a more confident push into experimental pop while still keeping relatively safe structures. So, I'd start there if you want to discover the Beatles in retrospect. RUBBER SOUL is a nice historical document of history, but nothing more.

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Rubber Soul (US)"