RUBBER SOUL (US)

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1965

Side A
1. I've Just Seen A Face
2. Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
3. You Won't See Me

- George Harrison / guitars, sitar
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Capitol ST 2442 (stereo) - December 6, 1965
Capitol T 2442 (mono) - December 6, 1965

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Rubber Soul (US) Music

Abbey RoadAbbey Road
Remastered
EMI 2012
Vinyl$16.88
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO DIGIPAK UK CD SINGLE 1992 UK SEALED MINT NEW JOHN PAUL US $23.17 [0 bids]
32m 56s
THE BEATLES LET IT BE UK PROMO CD SINGLE FOR THE NAKED ALBUM JOHN PAUL GEORGE US $27.80 [0 bids]
33m 8s
THE BEATLES THE CAPITOL ALBUMS VOL. 1 16-TRACK UK PROMO CD SAMPLER RARE 2004 US $55.61 [0 bids]
33m 19s
THE BEATLES ANTHOLOGY 3 UK PROMO SAMPLER CD NEAR MINT JOHN PAUL GEORGE RINGO US $27.80 [0 bids]
33m 47s
Beatles With Tony Sheridan - Savage Young Beatles CD US $13.39 Buy It Now 34m 9s
Laurence Juber - Lj Plays The Beatles CD US $20.59 Buy It Now 35m 40s
THE BEATLES ANTHOLOGY 2 UK 10-TRACK PROMO SAMPLER CD NEAR MINT LENNON MCCARTNEY US $27.80 [0 bids]
35m 51s
BEATLES RARE RINGO STARR LIVERPOOL 8 UK 2-TRACK ADVANCE PROMO CD SINGLE US $46.34 [0 bids]
36m 3s
LP - THE BEATLES Yellow Submarine w/OBI AUDIOPHILE #11 JAPAN EAS 80559 - NM MT US $64.95 Buy It Now 36m 15s
THE BEATLES - Anthology 2 - 1996 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.56 Buy It Now 36m 28s
BEATLES: Anthology 3, Rare CD Boxset, Apple Rec. Original US $19.99 Buy It Now 37m 17s
BEATLES: Anthology 1 w/Booklet Rare Double CD Import US $9.99 Buy It Now 37m 17s
BEATLES: Let It Be, ORIG. 1st. Ed. 1987, Parlophone, Rare CD US $35.99 Buy It Now 37m 18s
PAUL McCARTNEY Never Stop Doing What You Love, Rare PROMO, Digipak, BEATLES nm US $39.99 Buy It Now 38m 36s
THE BEATLES RUBBER SOUL 2012 REMASTERED 180 GRAM VINYL LP SEALED NEW US $25.99 Buy It Now 39m 11s
BEATLES SYMPHONIC COLLECTION BOX SET _ 3CD NEW US $14.99 Buy It Now 44m 24s
Various Happy Baby: Beatles For Babies CD US $14.05 Buy It Now 44m 42s
Boreades / Beatles Baroque 3 CD US $14.94 Buy It Now 45m 18s
?LISTEN n7912 2LP / JACKIE WILSON - MY WAY - BEATLES cover - BRUNSWICK US $9.99 [0 bids]
46m 59s
Paul McCartney II/ Japan LP/ OBI Sheet Inner Sleeve Beatles Gatefold US $13.99 Buy It Now 47m 29s
Ringo Starr ~ Ringo/ Japan LP/ OBI 2 Booklets Black Inner Sleeve G/F Beatles US $11.49 Buy It Now 47m 29s
THE BEATLES DO YOU WANT TO KNOW A SECRET/THANK YOU GIRL VEE JAY RAINBOW LABEL US $3.99 [0 bids]
49m 22s
The Beatles- Anthology 1 CD US $10.99 Buy It Now 49m 25s
The Beatles The Best Selection 1962 - 1968 Part 2 Cassette Polish Release Poland US $14.99 Buy It Now 50m 14s
Soviet Russian Ussr The Beatles Rare Small Vinyl US $12.66 Buy It Now 50m 14s
The Beatles ~ White Album/ Japan Double LP/ Poster Sheet 4 Portrait Sheets US $78.99 Buy It Now 50m 48s
Paul McCartney "Goodnight Tonight" Japan 7" vinyl pressing Beatles US $20.16 Buy It Now 50m 59s
THE BEATLES" GET BACK/DON'T LET ME DOWN" JAPAN APPLE EP/7 inch with Nice PS US $12.99 [0 bids]
51m 51s
Take That - Everything Changes / Beatles Medley, RCA 7432116773-7 Ex Condition US $6.70 Buy It Now 55m 11s
Vintage Soviet Russian Ussr The BEATLES 7' Vinyl Lp US $19.10 Buy It Now 58m 14s
Soviet Russian Ussr The Beatles Rare Small Vinyl About 1975 US $19.99 Buy It Now 58m 14s
Paul McCartney "Ebony and Evory" Japan 7" vinyl pressing Beatles US $18.46 Buy It Now 58m 38s
RED VINYL / THE BEATLES NO.5 / ODEON JAPAN 8028 US $69.99 Buy It Now 59m 14s
STEFAN ANDERSON 'Help' (Beatles) unplayed 1969 Promo 45 LISTEN! US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h
THE BEATLES 1967-1970 PART 1 8XK3407 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h
BEATLES / 1960'S CAPITOL INNER SLEEVES / 6 LP LOT #1 US $3.99 [1 bids]
1h
LIKE NEW BRICK VERSION Vol. 1 & 2 Beatles Capitol Albums 8 CD Box Paul McCartney US $339.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
CHOC - I WANT YOU TO BE MY GIRL -FRENCH DECCA P/S - Beatles Mod dancer - HEAR US $11.74 Buy It Now 1h 7m
BEATLES / 1960'S CAPITOL INNER SLEEVES / 6 LP LOT #2 US $4.24 [2 bids]
The Beatles White Album White Vinyl And Poster US $185.35 [0 bids]
BEATLES Beat CD MINI LP US $15.49 Buy It Now 1h 20m
BEATLES - REVOLVER (REMASTERED) _ CD SEALED US $8.49 Buy It Now 1h 21m
BEATLES / 1960'S CAPITOL INNER SLEEVES / 6 LP LOT #3 US $3.99 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES - ANTHOLOGY 2, ORG 1996 UK vinyl 3LP, NEW - SEALED! US $57.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
GEORGE HARRISON All Things Must Pass US 3xLP Box Set Vinyl Apple Poster BEATLES US $54.89 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 3D THE BRITISH ARE COMING US $69.99 Buy It Now 1h 26m
The Beatles rare original cassette album - Beatles '65 US $64.86 Buy It Now 1h 29m
JOHN LENNON BEATLES - WOMAN - GEFFEN RECORDS 45 SINGLE US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 30m
THE BEATLES IN THE BEGINNING / JAPAN GATEFOLD COVER WITH OBI US $69.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
BADFINGER ASS LP RECORD APPLE RECORDS 1973 SW-3411 ROCK THE BEATLES RECORD LABEL US $4.99 [0 bids]
GEORGE HARRISON OF THE BEATLES LIVING IN THE MATERIAL WORLD LP APPLE RECORD US $4.99 [0 bids]
ISRAELI LP BEATLES GREATEST OLD MEN PRESIDENT FACES COVER PARLOPHONE - NM+ VINYL US $199.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
The Beatles / Rock N Roll Music, Volume 2 / Capitol SN 16021 US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Something New LP / Capitol #ST2108 / Vg US $5.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES for sale LP 14 track black/yellow mono pressing gatefold with outline mo US $41.04 Buy It Now 1h 43m
The Beatles In Their Own Words - George Harrison (1995) US $7.00 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Beatles - Alternate Let It Be 2 LP's Colored Wax 1000 Copies Sealed US $99.99 Buy It Now 1h 46m
THE BEATLES "ROCK 'N ROLL MUSIC VOL. 2" 33rpm LP.ORIGINAL RECORD COLLECTION US $69.99 Buy It Now 1h 46m
THE BEATLES "HEY JUDE/REVOLUTION" JAPAN NICE EP/12inch with Folding PS US $12.99 [0 bids]
Beatles - Revolver 2 LP's Colored Wax 1000 Copies Mint- US $99.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
THE BEATLES 7" Platinum Disc - SHE LOVES YOU US $92.40 Buy It Now 1h 57m
RED VINYL / THE BEATLES PLEASE PLEASE ME / ODEON NM MINT- CLEAN COPY US $999.99 Buy It Now 1h 57m
George Harrison "This Song" 7" Brazil Beatles US $25.18 Buy It Now 1h 58m
RINGO STARR RINGO THE 4TH LP RECORD ROCK MUSIC ATLANTIC RECORDS 1977 THE BEATLES US $4.99 [0 bids]
2h
SEALED HISTORY OF BRITISH ROCK DOUBLE COMPILATION LP - BEATLES, TROGGS, CREAM!! US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h
BEATLES BAD BOY JAPAN ORIGINAL EP 33 7" ODEON BLACK WAX ULTRA RARE 4 SONGS US $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 2m
The Beatles / 1967-1970 Double LP Gatefold Original Issue US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 2m
The Beatles -John Lennon-Paul McCartney-Ringo Starr-George Harrison- Sgt Pepper US $2.10 Buy It Now 2h 3m
THE BEATLES, ROCK 'N' ROLL MUSIC VOL. 2, LP 1076 UK EX-/EX MFP 50507 US $10.06 Buy It Now 2h 3m
THE BEATLES, ROCK 'N' ROLL MUSIC, 2LPs 1976 US VG+/EX/VG-, SKBO-11537 EMBOSSED/S US $11.74 Buy It Now 2h 3m
THE TOP OF THE POPPERS SING THE BEATLES GOLDEN HITS, LP 1971 UK EX/EX SHM 742 US $8.38 Buy It Now 2h 3m
HENRY MANCINI, PORTRAIT OF THE BEATLES, LP 1968 UK MONO EX/VG RCA RD-7929 US $5.02 Buy It Now 2h 3m
THE BEATLES - ANTHOLOGY 3, ORG 1996 UK vinyl 3LP, NEW - SEALED! US $57.99 Buy It Now 2h 3m
BEATLES HARD DAYS NIGHT JAPAN 1986 UK CUTTING MONO RED COLOR VINYL with OBI US $129.99 Buy It Now 2h 7m
BADFINGER [ UK ] 7'' Single 'Come and Get It / Rock of All Ages ' BEATLES US $13.90 [0 bids]
Beatles WINGS VENUS AND MARS ORIGINAL VINYL LP WITH 2 POSTERS & 2 STICKERS US $30.00 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Pleasantville [Original Soundtrack] CD feat.. Fiona Apple singing Beatles US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 9m
BEATLES On Air Live At The BBC Volume 2 2013 Triple Vinyl LP NEW US $57.03 Buy It Now 2h 9m
BEATLES "LIVE AT THE STAR- CLUB" 2 LP SET NEVER PLAYED US $34.00 Buy It Now 2h 9m
JOHN LENNON Beatles Promo CD 'I'm losing you Signed by NOEL GALLAGHER [OASIS] US $69.51 [0 bids]
BEATLES Swedish Radio Show CD MINI LP US $15.49 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Achinoam Nini & Gil Dor - LIVE LP Eurovision Beatles US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 11m
The Beatles -John Lennon-Paul McCartney-Ringo Starr-George Harrison- Sgt Pepper US $4.96 Buy It Now 2h 11m

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Rubber Soul (US) ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(41%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(19%)

THE BEATLES Rubber Soul (US) reviews

Review by Guillermo
2 stars This U. S. version from this album was released there with some changes in comparison to the U.K. original album of the same title: Capitol deleted "Drive My Car", "Nowhere Man", "What Goes On" and "If I Needed Someone", and instead they included "I`ve Just Seen a Face" and "It`s Only Love", leaving an LP with 12 tracks. "Drive My Car", "Nowhere Man", "What Goes On" and "If I Needed Someone" were released in June 1966 in an album called "Yesterday...and Today" with other previously unreleased tracks in the U.S. "I`ve Just Seen a Face" and "It`s Only Love" were taken from the original U.K. "Help!" album. The U.S. "Help!" album was released without these tracks but with instrumental soundtrack music done by Ken Thorne.

While it was a shorter album in comparison to the U.K. version, in this case the inclusion of "I`ve Just Seen a Face" and "It`s Only Love" worked well with the rest of the songs. But I prefer the original U.K. version of this album.

I have to say that the sound of this Capitol album is very good. The manufacturing of the disc is very good, and the quality of the cover printing is also very good. The "Capitolīs New Improved Full Dimensional Stereo" (as it is announced at the top of the back cover) sounds very good to me even in the present.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#246754) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars The US strikes again butchering the original Beatles album tracks of "Rubber Soul" and this time they removed some of the best tracks such as "Drive My Car", "Nowhere Man", "What Goes On" and "If I Needed Someone". The good part of that is they included the brilliant "I've Just Seen A Face" but there is also the mediocre "It's Only Love", both from "Help!" album and they are really fish out of water on this release.

In my opinion avoid this and get the UK version if possible. These US rehashes are totally unnecessary unless you are a collector. Strictly stick to the vinyl version of this as it is worth something for it's sheer rarity.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#399496) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 13, 2011

Review by Sinusoid
2 stars I am reviewing the American version of this album since this is the one I have familiarity with. Other than a couple of tracks, it's the same as the British version. But the American version is what I own although I've heard the ''missing'' tracks elsewhere, and my opinion of RUBBER SOUL doesn't differ enough to warrant a review on the British version.

I must repeatedly point out in these reviews that I am by no stretch of the imagination a Beatles fan. I never grew up with them. My parents (nor other family members, come to think about it) were never Beatle fans either. I've discovered their albums completely in retrospect and found some good albums, some bad albums, and some mediocre albums. I would define RUBBER SOUL as a mediocre album.

Often considered the first classic Beatles album (let alone one of the greatest albums in music history), RUBBER SOUL lacks confidence. It's as if the Beatles were trying to get away from the Beatlemania pop tunes that made them famous but weren't fully committed to make a complete transition into the art rock they later became critically renowned for. Songs like ''Wait'', ''Run for Your Life'' and ''The Word'' sound a little bit too close to the pop the Beatles had marketed their whole careers, none of which are that memorable except the chorus of ''Run for Your Life'', which makes me cringe.

I will give in and admit there are some signs of sheer progression. The most notable is ''Norwegian Wood'', mostly with the sitar's timbre giving a warm, brightness to the track. Definitely the most memorable and best from the album. The American release has the song ''I've Just Seen a Face'' which harkens to a Dylan style of folk, but with much better singing. Harrison's contribution (''Think for Yourself'') might have been forgettable like the majority of the album if not for the fuzz bass. I'd imagine Chris Squire wore this track out when he first got started with Yes.

One huge problem from my understanding is that RUBBER SOUL is just boring to me, and I can never remember half the tunes when I put the album down. Part of the reasoning behind this is that I tend to (possibly wrongly) associate the style of music presented here with the singer/songwriter genre, a genre I absolutely loathe. I find the singer/songwriter genre weak for it being too lyrically oriented, musically unengaging and much of the ''singing'' is bad. The Beatles at least had decent singers, but I'm rarely invested emotionally into the music.

Don't get me wrong, the Beatles made much better albums than this later on. In fact, the next album REVOLVER made a more confident push into experimental pop while still keeping relatively safe structures. So, I'd start there if you want to discover the Beatles in retrospect. RUBBER SOUL is a nice historical document of history, but nothing more.

Send comments to Sinusoid (BETA) | Report this review (#936468) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 28, 2013

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Rubber Soul (US)"