RUBBER SOUL (US)

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1965

Side A
1. I've Just Seen A Face
2. Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
3. You Won't See Me

- George Harrison / guitars, sitar
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Capitol ST 2442 (stereo) - December 6, 1965
Capitol T 2442 (mono) - December 6, 1965

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Rubber Soul (US) Music

Abbey RoadAbbey Road
Remastered
EMI 2012
Vinyl$17.99
THE BEATLES Japan Only MONO 1980's EAS-70100 NM LP+Obi MEET THE BEATLES US $49.99 Buy It Now 29m 33s
BEATLES KARAOKE / VARIOUS NEW CD US $19.62 Buy It Now 29m 40s
BEATLES, THE: Roll Over Beethoven/Please Mister Postman (orange swirl CANADA) US $20.00 Buy It Now 30m 53s
BEATLES, THE: She Loves You/I'll Get You (rock 45 orange swirl CANADA 72125) US $20.00 Buy It Now 30m 53s
BEATLES, THE: All My Loving/This Boy (rock vinyl 45 orange swirl CANADA 72144) US $20.00 Buy It Now 30m 53s
The Beatles-Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band-Vinyl LP US $9.99 [7 bids]
32m 23s
The Beatles - For Sale LP NEW 2012 stereo remaster 180G US $27.99 Buy It Now 32m 26s
THE BEATLES "Past Masters - Volume Two" EMI/Capitol/CDP 7 90044 2 (CD, 1988) US $5.99 Buy It Now 32m 57s
The Beatles - With The Beatles LP NEW 2012 stereo remaster 180G US $27.99 Buy It Now 33m 32s
THE BEATLES Please Please Me - 180g VINYL LP RECORD Brand New! US $22.98 Buy It Now 33m 43s
Duke Ellington '66 Moon River Satin Doll Beatles stereo LP vinyl record US $0.99 [0 bids]
34m 15s
LIFE MAGAZINE=FEBRUARY 1984- THE BEATLES DID WE LOVE EM ? YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, US $9.99 [0 bids]
34m 36s
2 NEW 1995 BEATLES CASSETTE TAPES INSIDE INTERVIEWS AUDIO BOOK RINGO STARR US $12.50 Buy It Now 36m 46s
1975 The Early Beatles LP Re EX/VG+ Capitol ST 2309 Stereo Compilation US $20.25 Buy It Now 37m 11s
Meet The Beatles-Original Capitol Black Label Record Club Issue LP US $25.99 [0 bids]
37m 22s
THE BEATLES - White Album 1971 Repress Reissue Embossed 2 LP w/ Poster US $24.99 [2 bids]
37m 29s
THE BEATLES Abbey Road Vinyl Record LP Apple PCS 7088 1969 US $24.20 [0 bids]
38m 42s
BEATLES Prince GRATEFUL DEAD Lenny Kravitz KENNY G Zamfir CHIPMUNKS - LOT OF 20 US $100.00 Buy It Now 39m 7s
Beatles SGT Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band - Stereo PCS7027 (With cut out) US $129.06 [0 bids]
39m 29s
The Beatles, '1967-1970' [VINYL][1973][1st Edition][Excellent] US $30.00 [0 bids]
39m 46s
The Beatles, 'Let It Be' [VINYL][1st Edition][1970][VG+][Apple Records] US $15.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles, 'Beatles '65' [VINYL][1965][Original] US $30.00 [0 bids]
39m 46s
The Beatles - Yellow Submarine LP NEW 2012 stereo remaster 180G US $27.99 Buy It Now 41m 7s
THE BEATLES 50th Anniversary CD-BOX?Japan US $160.00 [0 bids]
41m 23s
The Beatles, The Capitol Albums Vol. 1 Audio CD US $34.49 Buy It Now 41m 35s
Beatles Original Please Please Me b/w From Me to You - VJ Label 581 w/brackets US $8.50 [0 bids]
41m 43s
The Beatles, Help! [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (The U.S. Album) Audio US $12.99 Buy It Now 41m 52s
Beatles Beginnings Vol 6: Beatlemania/various - V/A New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE F US $21.44 Buy It Now 41m 56s
THE BEATLES PRESS CONFERENCES 1964-66 CD Uncut Magazine UK 2005 Lennon Interview US $15.98 [0 bids]
42m 30s
Paul McCartney: Beyond the Myth by The Beatles (CD, Aug-1995, Laserlight) US $4.99 [0 bids]
42m 40s
THE BEATLES BEATLES FOR SALE LP APPLE JAPAN IMPORT LABEL RECORD ALBUM US $39.00 Buy It Now 42m 59s
HUGE LOT OF 8 TRACK TAPES -BEATLES - ALICE COOPER+ CLASSIC ROCK -55 TAPES US $60.00 [0 bids]
43m 8s
Things We Said Today: Talking with the Beatles by The Beatles (CD, Aug-1995, Las US $4.99 [0 bids]
43m 15s
Lost Beatles Interviews by The Beatles (CD, Aug-1995, Laserlight) US $4.99 [0 bids]
43m 40s
LP THE BEATLES ROCK 'N' ROLL MUSIC VOL 2 EX/EX MFP 50507 US $12.89 Buy It Now 44m 3s
John Lennon Forever by The Beatles (CD, Aug-1995, Laserlight) US $4.99 [0 bids]
44m 10s
ESPERANZA ENCANTADA in Spanish FOLK PSYCH Beatles ROLLING STONES Acid Archives A US $7.99 [0 bids]
45m 26s
ROSTAL & SCHAEFER, RON GOODWIN: The Beatles Concerto US $20.00 Buy It Now 45m 30s
MONO Sgt Peppers Lonely THE BEATLES Orig* CAPITOL Hearts Club Band FIXING A HOLE US $9.99 [1 bids]
45m 37s
Beatles Magical Mystery Tour 1967 Capitol Stereo LP Record Album Original US $37.95 Buy It Now 45m 53s
THE BEATLES LET IT BE COLOURED FOUR FINE BONE CHINA THIMBLES -. MADE IN ENGLAND US $32.25 [0 bids]
47m 4s
RUTHERFORD CHANG / BEATLES - WE BUY WHITE ALBUMS art project 2LP SEALED SOLD OUT US $228.00 Buy It Now 47m 11s
BEATLES ORIG U.S. VEE JAY LP1062 MONO VERSION 2 INTRODUCING THE BEATLES G/VG+ US $45.00 [0 bids]
47m 31s
GREAT SONGS OF THE BEATLES: Various Artists (Compilations QL-6735 Vinyl VG+ LP) US $15.00 Buy It Now 47m 58s
BEATLES "The Beatles" White Album 2x LP PCSO 7967/8 NZ CONTRACT PRESSING US $123.31 Buy It Now 48m 35s
BEATLES A Hard Day's Night LP PCSP 3058 Silver/Black Labels US $22.02 Buy It Now 48m 42s
Magical Mystery Tour (Mono Vinyl), The Beatles, Good US $28.36 Buy It Now 48m 44s
BEATLES A Hard Days Night LP PCSO 3058 NM NZ CONTRACT PRESSING US $66.06 Buy It Now 48m 49s
THE BEATLES "LEAD" HAND PAINTED " SHEA STADIUM " CONCERT WITH BACKING CARD FAB US $85.49 [0 bids]
49m 3s
BEATLES Parlophone PLEASE PLEASE ME LP Stereo Album 1963 Rare UK First Pressing US $45.47 [11 bids]
49m 4s
BEATLES Beatles For Sale LP PCSO 3062 Black/Silver labels US $22.02 Buy It Now 49m 6s
BEATLES Help LP PCSO 3071 Australia Black/Silver labels US $22.02 Buy It Now 49m 21s
BEATLES Help LP PCSO 3071 Australia Orange Labels US $22.02 Buy It Now 49m 28s
BEATLES Help LP PCSO 3071 NZ CONTRACT PRESSING US $66.06 Buy It Now 49m 37s
TOP OF THE POPPERS, THE: Present The Beatles Greatest Hits (Easy Listening NM) US $30.00 Buy It Now 49m 46s
BEATLES Please Please Me LP PCSO 3042 NZ CONTRACT PRESSING US $66.06 Buy It Now 49m 59s
BEATLES Please Please Me LP PCSO 3042 Orange Labels US $22.02 Buy It Now 50m 5s
BEATLES Please Please Me LP UK PCS 3042 STEREO YEX 94-1 , 95-1 1 BOX EMI US $52.85 Buy It Now 50m 12s
BEATLES Rarities LP Australia PSLP 261 Black/Silver labels US $17.62 Buy It Now 50m 19s
BEATLES Revolver LP PCSO 7009 Australia Black/Silver labels US $22.02 Buy It Now 50m 33s
THE BEATLES 7" Vinyl The Ballad Of John And Yoko/Old Brown Shoe 45 APPLE 2531 US $0.99 [1 bids]
50m 38s
BEATLES Rubber Soul LP PCSO 3075 Black/Silver US $22.02 Buy It Now 50m 41s
BEATLES Rubber Soul LP PCSO 3075 Orange Labels US $22.02 Buy It Now 50m 49s
BEATLES The Beatles Ballads LP PLAY.1005 Black/Silver labels US $13.21 Buy It Now 51m 17s
BEATLES at The HOLLYWOOD BOWL 8 track UK import EMI PARLOPHONE DOLBY SYSTEM 1977 US $4.99 [1 bids]
51m 20s
BEATLES The Essential Beatles LP TVSS8 US $10.57 Buy It Now 51m 25s
BEATLES With The Beatles LP PCSO 3045 Australia Floating Heads Second Pressing US $35.23 Buy It Now 51m 38s
BEATLES Yellow Submarine LP PCSO 7070 Black/Silver US $17.62 Buy It Now 51m 47s
The Beatles "Got To Get you Into My Life " 45 Picture Sleeve Only US $10.00 [0 bids]
52m 3s
The BEATLES / RARITIES Parlophone made in Holland NM US $24.99 Buy It Now 52m 53s
THE BEACH BOYS Holland LP Brother Records 1973 BEATLES FLEETWOOD MAC US $4.99 [0 bids]
53m 35s
Billboard Beatles Top 10 Karaoke 1 - Karaoke Billboard New & Sealed Compact Disc US $19.02 Buy It Now 53m 48s
Lot of '15' 45 rpm records, '8' Beatles US $18.00 [0 bids]
54m 58s
JACK JEZZRO - BEATLES ON GUITAR NEW CD US $14.57 Buy It Now 57m 9s
GEORGE HARRISON - ALL THINGS MUST PASS - ORIGINAL US APPLE 3LP the beatles US $11.00 [10 bids]
57m 59s
The Beatles All You Need is Love Picture Sleeve with 1968 45 RPM Vinyl Record US $19.99 [0 bids]
58m 23s
Vintage Beatles Paul McCartney Take it Away Picture Sleeve 45 Single US $11.00 [0 bids]
58m 23s
The Beatles Ringo Starr "Ringo" with VERY RARE LONGBOX, Booklet and Apple CD US $12.99 [0 bids]
58m 23s
Vintage 1982 NM+ Beatles Picture Sleeve She Loves You 45 RPM Parlophone single US $9.50 [0 bids]
58m 23s
Rare Mint Brazil Beatles Something/Come Together Single Apple Lapel Record US $17.99 [0 bids]
58m 23s
Excellant Vintage Beatles John Lennon (Just Like) Starting Over Picture Sleeve US $8.99 [0 bids]
58m 23s
Vintage Beatles George Harrison 45 single Got My Mind Set on You Picture Sleeve US $9.99 [0 bids]
58m 23s
Vintage Beatles John Lennon Picture Sleeve Single Nobody Told Me US $7.50 [0 bids]
58m 23s
THE BEATLES - 1967-1970 - 33rpm - Capitol SKBO 3404 - 2 records US $8.00 [0 bids]
58m 35s
BEATLES the Long and Winding road book 1st print US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h
BEATLES Raw Energy CD MINI LP US $14.49 Buy It Now 1h
BEATLES From Us To You 2CD Mini LP US $16.49 Buy It Now 1h
CHET ATKINS PICKS ON THE BEATLES 1966 RCA LSP 3531 original 1ST PR LP NICE! US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
BEATLES, ETC.: Do It Now (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h 3m
BEATLES Celluloid Rock CD MINI LP US $14.49 Buy It Now 1h 3m
STARS ON LONG PLAY-Many Beatles Songs-1981 Radio LP RR-16044 VG++ US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
GERARD PANSANEL & AN - BEATLES/CINECITTA' (IMPORT) NEW CD US $34.78 Buy It Now 1h 4m
BEATLES Yellow Matter Custard (As Sweet As You Are) CD MINI LP US $14.49 Buy It Now 1h 5m
1 by The Beatles (CD, Nov-2000, Apple/Capitol) - FAST SHIP!! US $1.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Digest History-Interviews-Records, Price Guides-Pictures-Songs-Etc.! US $39.95 Buy It Now 1h 6m
LP Record Capitol SKBO-11537 The Beatles Rock 'N' Roll Music Gatefold US $5.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES Anthology Vol. 2 Two CDs US $6.00 [0 bids]
Abbey Road THE BEATLES NMint* APPLE Original SOMETHING Come Together OCTOPUS Jam US $9.99 [1 bids]
BEATLES Anthology Vol.1 Two CDs US $6.00 [0 bids]
NEW-Audiophile LP: Vivaldi Ensemble of Tokyo Vivaldi/Beatles Medley JapaN 45 RPM US $14.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Rubber Soul (US) ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(43%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(18%)

THE BEATLES Rubber Soul (US) reviews

Review by Guillermo
2 stars This U. S. version from this album was released there with some changes in comparison to the U.K. original album of the same title: Capitol deleted "Drive My Car", "Nowhere Man", "What Goes On" and "If I Needed Someone", and instead they included "I`ve Just Seen a Face" and "It`s Only Love", leaving an LP with 12 tracks. "Drive My Car", "Nowhere Man", "What Goes On" and "If I Needed Someone" were released in June 1966 in an album called "Yesterday...and Today" with other previously unreleased tracks in the U.S. "I`ve Just Seen a Face" and "It`s Only Love" were taken from the original U.K. "Help!" album. The U.S. "Help!" album was released without these tracks but with instrumental soundtrack music done by Ken Thorne.

While it was a shorter album in comparison to the U.K. version, in this case the inclusion of "I`ve Just Seen a Face" and "It`s Only Love" worked well with the rest of the songs. But I prefer the original U.K. version of this album.

I have to say that the sound of this Capitol album is very good. The manufacturing of the disc is very good, and the quality of the cover printing is also very good. The "Capitolīs New Improved Full Dimensional Stereo" (as it is announced at the top of the back cover) sounds very good to me even in the present.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#246754) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars The US strikes again butchering the original Beatles album tracks of "Rubber Soul" and this time they removed some of the best tracks such as "Drive My Car", "Nowhere Man", "What Goes On" and "If I Needed Someone". The good part of that is they included the brilliant "I've Just Seen A Face" but there is also the mediocre "It's Only Love", both from "Help!" album and they are really fish out of water on this release.

In my opinion avoid this and get the UK version if possible. These US rehashes are totally unnecessary unless you are a collector. Strictly stick to the vinyl version of this as it is worth something for it's sheer rarity.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#399496) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 13, 2011

Review by Sinusoid
2 stars I am reviewing the American version of this album since this is the one I have familiarity with. Other than a couple of tracks, it's the same as the British version. But the American version is what I own although I've heard the ''missing'' tracks elsewhere, and my opinion of RUBBER SOUL doesn't differ enough to warrant a review on the British version.

I must repeatedly point out in these reviews that I am by no stretch of the imagination a Beatles fan. I never grew up with them. My parents (nor other family members, come to think about it) were never Beatle fans either. I've discovered their albums completely in retrospect and found some good albums, some bad albums, and some mediocre albums. I would define RUBBER SOUL as a mediocre album.

Often considered the first classic Beatles album (let alone one of the greatest albums in music history), RUBBER SOUL lacks confidence. It's as if the Beatles were trying to get away from the Beatlemania pop tunes that made them famous but weren't fully committed to make a complete transition into the art rock they later became critically renowned for. Songs like ''Wait'', ''Run for Your Life'' and ''The Word'' sound a little bit too close to the pop the Beatles had marketed their whole careers, none of which are that memorable except the chorus of ''Run for Your Life'', which makes me cringe.

I will give in and admit there are some signs of sheer progression. The most notable is ''Norwegian Wood'', mostly with the sitar's timbre giving a warm, brightness to the track. Definitely the most memorable and best from the album. The American release has the song ''I've Just Seen a Face'' which harkens to a Dylan style of folk, but with much better singing. Harrison's contribution (''Think for Yourself'') might have been forgettable like the majority of the album if not for the fuzz bass. I'd imagine Chris Squire wore this track out when he first got started with Yes.

One huge problem from my understanding is that RUBBER SOUL is just boring to me, and I can never remember half the tunes when I put the album down. Part of the reasoning behind this is that I tend to (possibly wrongly) associate the style of music presented here with the singer/songwriter genre, a genre I absolutely loathe. I find the singer/songwriter genre weak for it being too lyrically oriented, musically unengaging and much of the ''singing'' is bad. The Beatles at least had decent singers, but I'm rarely invested emotionally into the music.

Don't get me wrong, the Beatles made much better albums than this later on. In fact, the next album REVOLVER made a more confident push into experimental pop while still keeping relatively safe structures. So, I'd start there if you want to discover the Beatles in retrospect. RUBBER SOUL is a nice historical document of history, but nothing more.

Send comments to Sinusoid (BETA) | Report this review (#936468) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 28, 2013

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Rubber Soul (US)"