RUBBER SOUL (US)

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1965

Side A
1. I've Just Seen A Face
2. Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
3. You Won't See Me

- George Harrison / guitars, sitar
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Capitol ST 2442 (stereo) - December 6, 1965
Capitol T 2442 (mono) - December 6, 1965

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Rubber Soul (US) Music

Abbey RoadAbbey Road
Remastered
EMI 2012
Vinyl$18.26
1971 THE BEATLES Volumen 3 UNIQUE PS EX/NM 12" MEXICAN LP Capitol Green US $24.99 [0 bids]
29m 54s
The Beatles I Feel Fine/She's a Woman CD 3" single US $3.99 [0 bids]
30m 56s
PAUL MCCARTNEY Coming Up (Live At Glasgow) NM- rare one-sided promo '80 BEATLES US $2.99 Buy It Now 33m 18s
BADFINGER Apple Of My Eye b/w Blind Owl ORIG Apple 1864 ASS The Beatles US $1.99 Buy It Now 33m 18s
MARY HOPKIN Those Were The Days b/w Turn Turn Turn VG+ PAUL MCCARTNEY Beatles US $1.99 Buy It Now 33m 18s
THE BEATLES Yesterday b/w Act Naturally 1965 CAPITOL 5498 John Lennon McCartney US $1.99 Buy It Now 33m 18s
RAY MARTIN "Going For Baroque" BEATLES Yesterday; Michelle - Record 1966 VG++ LP US $9.95 Buy It Now 33m 18s
The Beatles-Introducing the Beatles-Vee-Jay Black label Stereo Counterfeit H US $9.99 [0 bids]
33m 47s
Yellow Submarine (Soundtrack) by The Beatles (Cassette Tape, 1969) US $7.99 [0 bids]
33m 59s
Peggy Lee (Beatles) 45 rpm "Something" on Capitol Records US $2.00 Buy It Now 34m 9s
HOLLYRIDGE STRINGS - THE BEATLES SONGBOOK VOL. 2 - ORIG CAPITOL MONO VG+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 34m 36s
THE BEATLES - Live At The BBC - 2xCD Album *Fat-Box* US $10.76 Buy It Now 34m 46s
The Beatles ST 2108 Purple Label Capitol Records Something New LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 34m 52s
Yesterday / Act Naturally by The Beatles 45rpm Vinyl Single Record US $4.50 [0 bids]
34m 58s
The Beatles Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band 1967 US LP Record SMAS-2653 VG+ US $5.00 [0 bids]
35m 47s
The Beatles CD..Past Masters, Vol. 1 (CD, Mar-1988, Capitol/EMI Records) US $5.99 Buy It Now 36m 7s
VINYL LP RECORD~THE EARLY BEATLES~CAPITOL STEREO ST-2309~CAPITOL COLORBAND US $19.99 [0 bids]
37m 29s
The Beatles I Want to Hold your Hand/This Boy CD 3" single US $3.99 [1 bids]
38m 29s
The Beatles - Mono box set US 1 st pressing sealed US $275.00 Buy It Now 39m 27s
'THINGS WE SAID TODAY TALKING WITH THE BEATLES" A DOCUMENTARY LASERLIGHT CD NICE US $2.99 Buy It Now 42m 20s
Beatles Get Back/Don't Let Me Down 3" CD Single, SEALED US $8.00 [0 bids]
42m 33s
BEATLES TALK WITH JERRY G- LIMITED EDITION 20TH ANNIVERSARY PICTURE DISC US $45.00 Buy It Now 42m 58s
BADFINGER LARGE OIL PAINTING OAK FRAME THE BEATLES BIG STAR PETE HAM RASPBERRIES US $218.99 [0 bids]
43m 58s
Original Capitol LP BEATLES Inner Sleeve Lot 5 Sleeves To Complete Ur Beatles LP US $9.50 [4 bids]
44m 24s
The Beatles - Anthology Vol. 1 (2-Disc Set) US $8.99 [0 bids]
45m 10s
THE CHIPMUNKS SING THE BEATLES HITS ALVIN SIMON THEODORE DAVID SEVILLE NICE! US $5.99 [0 bids]
46m 8s
1 CD by The Beatles US $3.00 [0 bids]
47m 53s
Beatles Hey Jude/Revolution 45 RPM Record Apple 2276 US $21.00 Buy It Now 49m 10s
Beatles Get Back Journals (16 mm box) LP SET US $474.99 [0 bids]
49m 51s
BEATLES PROMO 7" P/S 45; AIN'T SHE SWEET +3 SONGS (EP 1994) POLYGRAM / PRO 1113 US $40.00 Buy It Now 51m 11s
THE MUSIC OF THE BEATLES cd ACROSS THE UNIVERSE London String Orchestra US $3.75 Buy It Now 51m 19s
THE MUSIC OF THE BEATLES cd A DAY IN THE LIFE London String Orchestra US $3.75 Buy It Now 51m 58s
45 Record Act Naturally / Yesterday by The Beatles US $5.00 Buy It Now 52m 20s
GEORGE HARRISON(BEATLES)Japan RED VINYL 7"45 GIVE ME LO US $49.99 Buy It Now 52m 55s
Magical Mystery Tour LP by The Beatles 1967 Capitol Records Excellent SMAL 2885 US $35.00 [0 bids]
53m 19s
Original POSTER from BEATLES WHITE ALBUM POSTER ONLY! NICE CONDITION! US $4.99 [1 bids]
53m 20s
RINGO STARR Sentimental Journey LP Vinyl VG++ Cover VG++ Apple SW3385 Beatles US $9.49 Buy It Now 55m 14s
The Beatles - Anthology Vol. 2 (2-Disc Set) US $7.99 [0 bids]
55m 22s
LOVE ME DO JAPAN The Beatles limited parlophone 7" vinyl 45 rpm US $22.33 Buy It Now 59m 18s
The Beatles-10 Vinyl LPs; HOLLYWOOD BOWL,Yellow Sub; RARITIES, LET IT BE PLUS US $75.00 Buy It Now 59m 57s
THE RADHA KRSNA TEMPLE - Self Titled - Rare Original Beatles APPLE LP US $5.98 [0 bids]
She Loves You / I"ll Get You Beatles 45 single Swan Label US $3.00 [0 bids]
1h
Anthology 1 CD set by The Beatles (2 Discs, Capitol/EMI Records) with booklet US $4.21 [3 bids]
1h
PAUL McCARTNEY BEATLES UK Picture Disc 12" Single NO MORE NIGHTS US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h
Vintage BEATLES HEY JUDE Vinyl Record Album LP Apple Records SW-385 US $9.99 [0 bids]
1h
RINGO STARR Stop & Smell Roses, vinyl LP, 1981, VG, Beatles US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h
The Beatles Best Selection 1962-68 box set rare Japan import 60 tracks obi oop US $24.99 [1 bids]
1h
VINYL LP RECORD~BEATLES~MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR~COLORBAND~SMAL 2835~W/ BOOK INSERT US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Percy Faith Strings: The Beatles Album (Cassette Tape) US $4.99 [0 bids]
SEALED! QUAD ! Great Songs of the Beatles LP Variuos, QL-6735 , 1972 US $4.00 [0 bids]
Vintage BEATLES MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR VINYL Record LP CAPITOL SMAL 2835 US $9.99 [0 bids]
GEORGE HARRISON (BEATLES) LP / DARK HORSE / NM US $8.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Anthology 1 (CD, 1995, 2 Discs, Capitol/EMI Records) US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
The Beatles Revolution and Hey Jude 45 Album. Nice US $9.99 [0 bids]
Paul McCartney Choba A CCCP UK CD in Limited Wooden Box Beatles US $149.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Beatles : Twist & Shout / There Is A Place (1963, Tollie) Good+ US $1.00 [0 bids]
GEORGE HARRISON (BEATLES) LP / EXTRA TEXTURE / NM US $8.99 [0 bids]
JOHN LENNON (BEATLES) LP / MIND GAMES US $8.99 [0 bids]
Beatles Get Back Cover Only Replacement or Wall Art Ex+ US $19.99 [0 bids]
EMI MUSIC PUBLISHING THE JUKEBOX COLLECTION PROMO ONLY 10 CD SET BEATLES US $84.96 Buy It Now 1h 9m
PAUL ANKA ~ MELBA MOORE ~ BRIAN NEWMAN THE BEST OF LOVE THE BEATLES Covers 1983 US $17.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Bugs and Friends Sing the Beatles by Looney Tunes (Kids) (CD, Aug-1995, Kid... US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
THE BEATLES Rubber Soul lp US Orange Capitol Label ST 2442 Vinyl Album US $49.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Lot Of 17 45 Records Beatles Record Beach Boys Record US $5.50 [6 bids]
Beatles 45 RPM Vinyl (2) - Eleanor Rigby / Yellow Submarine + 8 Days a Week US $5.99 [0 bids]
RINGO STARR (BEATLES) LP / GOODNIGHT VIENNA + SLEEVE US $6.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES Japan 1984 NM LP+Obi+Sticker+Underlay TALK DOWNUNDER US $49.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
BEATLES Live at the BBC Vol 1 Remast GERMAN 2013 3 VINYL 180G MONO Sleeve LP NEW US $59.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
THE BEATLES - LIVE AT THE BBC - 2 CD SET DOUBLE PACK includes booklet US $13.96 Buy It Now 1h 14m
The Beatles vinyl LP lot red blue 1962-1966 1967-1970 Led zeppelin doors who US $14.11 [1 bids]
The Beatles Nowhere Man What Goes On 45 Record, Capital Records, With Sleeve, US $4.99 [0 bids]
Over You (The Final Tracks) Tom Evans with Rod Roach CD Badfinger Beatles US $200.00 Buy It Now 1h 16m
BEATLES HEAR THE BEATLES TELL VEE JAY STEREO 1964 REISSUE US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Beatles : Hey Jude / Revolution (1968, Apple, 2276) EX+/NM- US $4.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles Past Masters Volumes 1 & 2 Pop Rock Music CD Set Brand New US $31.49 Buy It Now 1h 19m
The Beatles Abbey Road 180 Gram Vinyl Edition US $12.39 [14 bids]
8 Track Tape THE BEATLES Let It Be US $37.30 Buy It Now 1h 21m
8 Track Tape THE BEATLES SGT PEPPERS US $46.64 Buy It Now 1h 21m
THE BEATLES Birth Of The Beatles LP, 1982 Valentine Records, Italian Press EX/EX US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
8 Track Tape THE BEATLES Help US $37.30 Buy It Now 1h 22m
THE BEATLES HELP/I'M DOWN 45 RPM CAPITOL 5476 US $7.98 Buy It Now 1h 22m
THE BEATLES For Sale JAPAN 1st Press CD CP32-5324 3200yen W/Obi RARE! US $44.00 Buy It Now 1h 22m
8 Track Tape THE BEATLES Live at the Hollywood Bowl US $37.30 Buy It Now 1h 23m
8 Track Tape THE BEATLES Oldies US $37.30 Buy It Now 1h 23m
George Harrison-Blow Away-RARE 1979 US Mono/Stereo US PROMO 45-Beatles US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 23m
U-Best Pro Karaoke Series : Beatles Favorites - Disc 01 CD US $6.79 Buy It Now 1h 24m
8 Track Tape THE BEATLES Rock & Roll Music US $37.30 Buy It Now 1h 24m
8 Track Tape THE BEATLES Rubber Soul US $37.30 Buy It Now 1h 24m
1964 Beatles Fan Club Season's Greetings Paper Record and Tri-Fold Bulletin-RARE US $125.00 Buy It Now 1h 26m
1964 Chuck Berry St.Louis to Liverpool Chess 1488 Early Rock Beatles RARE US $4.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES ** PROMO ONLY ** Yellow Submarine CD Sampler 1999 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 28m
the beatles love songs lp US $10.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES 1st Live Recordings Volume 1 SEALED 1962 Hamburg PICKWICK SPC-3661 US $12.99 [0 bids]
ESCAPES The Beatles - Tribute Instrumental Contemporary Sounds (CD 2000) 14 Song US $26.99 Buy It Now 1h 33m
THE BEATLES ON VEE JAY SEALED SR 1062 US $19.99 [0 bids]
various Beatles albums (4) US $125.00 [0 bids]
Paul McCartney Beatles Candlestick Park Shirt [Large] 1960-2013 Remember 8/29/66 US $24.99 [1 bids]
Beatles, Bach, And Bacharach- By The Ted Heath Orchestra- Wonderful Combination US $11.20 Buy It Now 1h 39m
The Beatles "1962-1966" Record Album,Japan Import,Double LP,EAS-77003-4 US $66.67 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Vintage 45 RPM Record - The Beatles She Loves You on Black Swan Label No Sleeve US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Rubber Soul (US) ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(43%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(18%)

THE BEATLES Rubber Soul (US) reviews

Review by Guillermo
2 stars This U. S. version from this album was released there with some changes in comparison to the U.K. original album of the same title: Capitol deleted "Drive My Car", "Nowhere Man", "What Goes On" and "If I Needed Someone", and instead they included "I`ve Just Seen a Face" and "It`s Only Love", leaving an LP with 12 tracks. "Drive My Car", "Nowhere Man", "What Goes On" and "If I Needed Someone" were released in June 1966 in an album called "Yesterday...and Today" with other previously unreleased tracks in the U.S. "I`ve Just Seen a Face" and "It`s Only Love" were taken from the original U.K. "Help!" album. The U.S. "Help!" album was released without these tracks but with instrumental soundtrack music done by Ken Thorne.

While it was a shorter album in comparison to the U.K. version, in this case the inclusion of "I`ve Just Seen a Face" and "It`s Only Love" worked well with the rest of the songs. But I prefer the original U.K. version of this album.

I have to say that the sound of this Capitol album is very good. The manufacturing of the disc is very good, and the quality of the cover printing is also very good. The "Capitolīs New Improved Full Dimensional Stereo" (as it is announced at the top of the back cover) sounds very good to me even in the present.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#246754) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars The US strikes again butchering the original Beatles album tracks of "Rubber Soul" and this time they removed some of the best tracks such as "Drive My Car", "Nowhere Man", "What Goes On" and "If I Needed Someone". The good part of that is they included the brilliant "I've Just Seen A Face" but there is also the mediocre "It's Only Love", both from "Help!" album and they are really fish out of water on this release.

In my opinion avoid this and get the UK version if possible. These US rehashes are totally unnecessary unless you are a collector. Strictly stick to the vinyl version of this as it is worth something for it's sheer rarity.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#399496) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 13, 2011

Review by Sinusoid
2 stars I am reviewing the American version of this album since this is the one I have familiarity with. Other than a couple of tracks, it's the same as the British version. But the American version is what I own although I've heard the ''missing'' tracks elsewhere, and my opinion of RUBBER SOUL doesn't differ enough to warrant a review on the British version.

I must repeatedly point out in these reviews that I am by no stretch of the imagination a Beatles fan. I never grew up with them. My parents (nor other family members, come to think about it) were never Beatle fans either. I've discovered their albums completely in retrospect and found some good albums, some bad albums, and some mediocre albums. I would define RUBBER SOUL as a mediocre album.

Often considered the first classic Beatles album (let alone one of the greatest albums in music history), RUBBER SOUL lacks confidence. It's as if the Beatles were trying to get away from the Beatlemania pop tunes that made them famous but weren't fully committed to make a complete transition into the art rock they later became critically renowned for. Songs like ''Wait'', ''Run for Your Life'' and ''The Word'' sound a little bit too close to the pop the Beatles had marketed their whole careers, none of which are that memorable except the chorus of ''Run for Your Life'', which makes me cringe.

I will give in and admit there are some signs of sheer progression. The most notable is ''Norwegian Wood'', mostly with the sitar's timbre giving a warm, brightness to the track. Definitely the most memorable and best from the album. The American release has the song ''I've Just Seen a Face'' which harkens to a Dylan style of folk, but with much better singing. Harrison's contribution (''Think for Yourself'') might have been forgettable like the majority of the album if not for the fuzz bass. I'd imagine Chris Squire wore this track out when he first got started with Yes.

One huge problem from my understanding is that RUBBER SOUL is just boring to me, and I can never remember half the tunes when I put the album down. Part of the reasoning behind this is that I tend to (possibly wrongly) associate the style of music presented here with the singer/songwriter genre, a genre I absolutely loathe. I find the singer/songwriter genre weak for it being too lyrically oriented, musically unengaging and much of the ''singing'' is bad. The Beatles at least had decent singers, but I'm rarely invested emotionally into the music.

Don't get me wrong, the Beatles made much better albums than this later on. In fact, the next album REVOLVER made a more confident push into experimental pop while still keeping relatively safe structures. So, I'd start there if you want to discover the Beatles in retrospect. RUBBER SOUL is a nice historical document of history, but nothing more.

Send comments to Sinusoid (BETA) | Report this review (#936468) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 28, 2013

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Rubber Soul (US)"