INFERNO THE DIVINE COMEDY - PART 1

Various Artists (Concept albums & Themed compilations)

Various Genres

Various Artists (Concept albums & Themed compilations) Inferno The Divine Comedy - part 1 album cover

Studio Album, released in 2008

Disc: 1
1. NUOVA ERA "Lasciate Ogni Speranza Voi Ch'Entrate"
2. YESTERDAYS "Isteni Szinjatek - Divine Comedy"
3. LITTLE TRAGEDIES "Canto III"
4. LADY LAKE "...From The Quiet To The Air That Trembles"
5. GREENWALL "Come Corpo Morto Cade"
6. NEMO "Inferno - Six Pieds Sous Terre"
7. NEXUS "El Quarto Circulo - The Fourth Circle"
8. ATLANTIS1001 "Back To Earth"
9. TRION & FLAMBOROUGH HEAD "Daughters Of Night"
10. COLOSSUS PROJECT "Inferno - Canto X"

Disc: 2
1. COURT "Anastasius Epitaph"
2. WILLOWGLASS "The Crossing"
3. WICKED MINDS "Blood From The Trees"
4. BRIGHTEYE BRISON "Capaneus"
5. MATTHIJS HERDER "Brunetto"
6. GARMOND "Canto XVI"
7. ARS NOVA "Demon's Forest"
8. IL CASTELLO DI ATLANTE "Malebolge"
9. GROOVECTOR "Ainiaan Erhe"

Disc: 3
1. CONSORZIO ACQUA POTABILE "La Danza Dei Contrari"
2. OZONE PLAYER "Inferno XXI"
3. SINKADUS "Stuck In Hell"
4. VIIMA "XXIII"
5. NOTABENE "La Profezia"
6. ENTRANCE "Serpientes"
7. ADVENT "Canto XXVI - The Evil Counselors"
8. CONTRAPPUNTO PROJECT "Guido Da Montefeltro"

Disc: 4
1. ARMALITE "Scisma"
2. CORTE AULICA "Dissolvenza"
3. RAIMUNDO RODULFO "Falsedad Y Castigo"
4. GINLUCA DE ROSSI & CARLO BORDINI "Blood From The Trees"
5. TEMPANO "The IX Circle - Traitors"
6. NATHAN MAHL "The Comfort Of Tears"
7. SIMON SAYS "Becomes A Boy"

Search VARIOUS ARTISTS (CONCEPT ALBUMS & THEMED COMPILATIONS) Inferno The Divine Comedy - part 1 lyrics

Search VARIOUS ARTISTS (CONCEPT ALBUMS & THEMED COMPILATIONS) Inferno The Divine Comedy - part 1 tabs

Thanks to samson for the addition
and to Snow Dog for the last updates

VARIOUS ARTISTS (CONCEPT ALBUMS & THEMED COMPILATIONS) MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy VARIOUS ARTISTS (CONCEPT ALBUMS & THEMED COMPILATIONS) Inferno The Divine Comedy - part 1 Music

More places to buy VARIOUS ARTISTS (CONCEPT ALBUMS & THEMED COMPILATIONS) music online Buy VARIOUS ARTISTS (CONCEPT ALBUMS & THEMED COMPILATIONS) & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for VARIOUS ARTISTS (CONCEPT ALBUMS & THEMED COMPILATIONS) DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

VARIOUS ARTISTS (CONCEPT ALBUMS & THEMED COMPILATIONS) Inferno The Divine Comedy - part 1 ratings distribution

VARIOUS ARTISTS (CONCEPT ALBUMS & THEMED COMPILATIONS) Inferno The Divine Comedy - part 1 reviews

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
5 stars FACTS Rating this album is a problem. It's almost too vast to listen it at once and understand it as one big (4CD) album. Therefore, any try to rate/review it is quite difficult. So we'll enter into world of feelings and thoughts, instead of facts. Before we take this journey, let me state few things. This is great source of new RPI/RPI like/other interesting new bands. I also read Inferno (in Czech of course) and have to say that it was hard, but really great. MYTHS And this album really reminds me it. It's really truthful capture of these (in modern time, we would say almost LSD-like) imaginations, souls being tortured for sometimes bad things, sometimes just anti-religious (or simply not religious enough) deeds. Vices are here in great numbers, there's also devil (on drawing that was in book, he looked very ridicolous). These tracks are mostly psychedelic (well, let me explain. This isn't psychedelic = space rock, or genre from 60's, it's style of for example keyboards, where they sounds really crazy - even "folky symphonic" Yesterdays here managed to sounds like it. Most of bands/tracks here does sound like that and it's good, as it describes atmosphere of hell very well.). With few exceptions making beacons of hope in all this madness.

5(-), I suppose that this rating would be appropriate. There are few worse songs, but hell, it's more than 4 hours of themed progressive rock, I wasn't expecting everything to be polished and perfect. And feeling I have about it is good. Journey that is really worth.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#236414) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
5 stars My pc crashed during my first attempt to write a review of this box. Maybe a sign....

It's probably one of the most ambitious projects in the modern history of music. Of course Wagner alone wrote operas longer than this, but 34 tracks composed and played by 34 different groups/artists for more than 4 hours of music are a big effort, also for the listener. In addition the concept they are about is one of the biggest masterpieces of world's literature.

It makes impossible going track by track, so let's first say something about the poem:

In 13th Century Dante imagined the world after death divided into 3 divine realms: Inferno (we all know about it), Purgatorio halfway, where redeemable sins are cleared up, and Paradiso (Heaven). Each of them is composed of 33 chapters, plus one introductive at the beginning for a total of 100.

Without going in depth, he used the realms to put inside the main characters of History and of his current times to write an allegoric poem which speaks of politics other than theology.

From a progressive point of view the Inferno is made of 4 CDs for more than 4 hours of music.

Of course not all the 34 tracks are of the same level, but the complexity and the dramaticity of the concept gave the artists the possibility to interpret their respective chapters.

On the first CD I've been particularly impressed by the Romanian YESTERDAYS (great voice) and the Italian GREENWALL. They have kept the original text, and let me say that the result (for Italian speaking people) is excellent as their chapter is one of the most movig and famous of the whole poem.

On CD2 I can mention WILLOWGLASS, WICKED MINDS and IL CASTELLO DI ATLANTE. CD3 features excellent contributions of SINKADUS, OZONE LAYER and ADVENT (I would have expected something more by NOTABENE.

CD4 is darker, but we are in the deepest parts of hell... The string arrangement of the Spanish RAIMUNDO RODULFO is fantastic. DE ROSSI e BORDINI are typical RPI and SIMON SAYS make a great closure to this first "cantica".

What to say...4 hours of progressive music about one of the biggest concepts that can be imagined. It can't have less than 5 stars.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#286425) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 14, 2010

3 stars Ambition will only get you so far. This is an incredibly ambitious, well produced and intricate record that gives more than four hours of solid progressive rock. Despite this however the music isn't of a consistent quality and, after a while it all begins to blend together leading to a frustrating e ... (read more)

Report this review (#1172705) | Posted by MJAben | Thursday, May 08, 2014 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This monster of an album has taken quite a while to absorb, and even now I'm not sure I could recall the sound of each track. Once again, however, Colossus has managed to put out a fine concept album, this time reverting to the Kalevala format (more or less) using 34 different bands who each comp ... (read more)

Report this review (#420379) | Posted by infandous | Wednesday, March 23, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Another great Colossus-Musea Records production of multiple artists contributing songs to a common theme, this time Part One of Dante Aligheri's The Divine Comedy. While I do not like this album as well as either Kalevala: A Finnish Progressive Rock Epic, or my favorite (and one of my favorite a ... (read more)

Report this review (#309017) | Posted by BrufordFreak | Tuesday, November 09, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Hi..Again. Its good to feel that artists of prog rock make their best effort to be represented in this kind of compilations with their best music. An this is the case. Remarkable are the apparitions of artists such as:Nexus,XII Alfonso,Nathan Mahl,Simon Says,Flamborough Head,Nuova E ... (read more)

Report this review (#228937) | Posted by robbob | Wednesday, July 29, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of VARIOUS ARTISTS (CONCEPT ALBUMS & THEMED COMPILATIONS) "Inferno The Divine Comedy - part 1"