EVE

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Speed; Glue and Shinki Eve album cover

Buy SPEED; GLUE AND SHINKI Music
Studio Album, released in 1971

1. Mr. Walking Drugstore Man (5:25)
2. Big Headed Woman (6:15)
3. Stoned Out of My Mind (6:01)
4. Ode to the Bad People (4:53)
5. M Glue (2:43)
6. Keep It Cool (4:17)
7. Someday We'll All Fall Down (5:23)

Search SPEED; GLUE AND SHINKI Eve lyrics

Search SPEED; GLUE AND SHINKI Eve tabs

- Shinki Chen / guitars
- Masayoshi Kabe / bass
- Joey Smith / drums, vocals

Thanks to windhawk for the addition

SPEED; GLUE AND SHINKI MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPEED; GLUE AND SHINKI Eve Music

More places to buy SPEED; GLUE AND SHINKI music online Buy SPEED; GLUE AND SHINKI & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPEED; GLUE AND SHINKI DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPEED; GLUE AND SHINKI Eve ratings distribution

SPEED; GLUE AND SHINKI Eve reviews

Review by DamoXt7942
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Moderator / Psych / Avant / Neo Teams
4 stars What funky trippers they were!

As everyone has asked himself, I'm wondering how drugs can (or could) influence rock artists. I consider some of the answers are lying open in this album. Look folks. The first track is named Mr. Walking Drugstore Man. Even only this dangerous flavour is enough for us to feel the drug culture, isn't it? Yes, Joey Smith's nickname was 'Speed'. From the beginning, massively heavy Masayoshi's bass & Joey's drums, and funky and sneaky Shinki's guitar, can attack and kick our b**t seriously. Furthermore, at the last of this song he whispers 'Hey, you wanna buy the speed, you wanna buy the speed! Yea...huh...peace!'. Wow, we should be amazed and shocked there be such a song possessed by SPEED. However I suggest this song should be born not in their 'tripping' but in their 'desire for tripping'. That is, I do feel this song be not a freaky-out or another-dimensional one but a serious and strict blues. Other songs they might product with the same feeling as above mentioned I think. Each title should be a story of their eyes. Well there is also a scattered song M Glue but I feel it's their mischief...? :-)

What I particularly want to say for this album is, not only Masayoshi or Joey but Shinki could push his character aggressively in front of us. In Social Gathering (Food Brain) he couldn't have played such a funky and freaky play. Here, as he without stopping did what he had wanted to do, Shinki could play rampantly and violently. Therefore he might make the rhythm section heavier and stronger...sorry but this is my humble opinion. The last track Someday We'll All Fall Down is too acoustic to be nearly suitable for this freaky work. Maybe they, absorbed in SPEED, will all fall down...that's it. Very cool.

At any rate, EVE is completely born from Japanese drug culture and suitable for the dawn of Japanese psychedelic scene. Important!

Send comments to DamoXt7942 (BETA) | Report this review (#219924) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 05, 2009

1 stars Bahh! I expected so much more of this considering the rave review it received by Julian Cope in his 'Japrock Sampler' book. It's sheer kak and so derivative, Americanised and unoriginal that you would be well advised to steer well clear of this abomination. A horrible raw electric blues gui ... (read more)

Report this review (#404745) | Posted by Dobermensch | Monday, February 21, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SPEED; GLUE AND SHINKI "Eve"