WHEREVER THERE IS LIGHT

Psychedelic/Space Rock

No-Man Wherever There Is Light album cover

Buy NO-MAN Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2009

1. Wherever there is light (4:21)
2. Death was California (3:02)
3. Counting (4:24)
4. Carolina skeletons (live) (7:09)
5. All the blue changes (live) (6:39)

Search NO-MAN Wherever There Is Light lyrics

Search NO-MAN Wherever There Is Light tabs

- Tim Bowness / vocals, words
- Steven Wilson / instruments, lead guitar (2 & 5)

Guest musicians:
- Michael Bearpark / guitar (2 & 5)
- Steve Bingham / electric violin (3, 4 & 5)
- Stephen Bennett / keyboards (4 & 5)
- Andrew Booker / electronic drums (4 & 5)
- Bruce Kaphan / pedal steel guitar (1)
- Pete Morgan / bass guitar (4 & 5)
- Theo Travis / flute (1)

Kscope Records/Snapper Music, kscope127s (2009)

NO-MAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NO-MAN Wherever There Is Light Music

Wild OperaWild Opera
Kscope 2013
SpeakSpeak
101 DISTRIBUTION 2009
NO MAN'S LAND CD AUSTRIAN COLUMBIA 1993, BILLY JOEL, Good US $9.00 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Go! 3 x 7" Vinyl Albums - Why Suffer, No Man, Only Sheep 1990/1991 US $10.00 [0 bids]
BILLY JOEL - THE RIVER OF DREAMS/NO MAN'S LAND - 45 US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Pagea Ensemble: No Man's Journey US $2.99 [0 bids]
WARP 9 No Man Is An Island/Remix vinyl 12 Inch 1984 Prism Records EX US $7.95 Buy It Now 3h 26m
Let No Man Put Asunder (Part 2) - Audio Deluxe #46653 US $4.96 Buy It Now 3h 28m
NO MAN IS ROGER MILLER WIN INSTANTLY LP SST 243 ALTERNATIVE ROCK US $18.73 Buy It Now 3h 49m
Jimmy Lewis: There Ain't No Man That can't Be Caught/It Aint What's on The Woman US $3.98 Buy It Now 3h 51m
No Man's Land by Souls of Mischief (CD, Oct-1995, Jive (USA)) US $6.00 Buy It Now 4h 24m
Wild Opera - No-man New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $19.49 Buy It Now 4h 54m
NO MAN'S LAND Home In The Sky ANAZITISI RECORDS Sealed 180 Gram Vinyl LP US $18.00 Buy It Now 5h 53m
Sinead O'Connor - No Man's Woman 3 Track CD Single US $8.33 Buy It Now 6h 28m
NO MAN's BAND Damage The Enemy LP Record SEALED 1989 US $24.98 Buy It Now 6h 51m
NO MAN'S SLAVE/I RESIGN split 7" NEW Give Praise 00's power-violence hardcore US $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 35m
NO MAN'S SLAVE Siege Mentality 7" NEW late-00's Give Praise power-violence HC US $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 37m
JOHNNY MATHIS - EVERY STEP OF THE WAY // NO MAN CAN STAND ALONE - 45 MINT- US $3.80 [0 bids]
Hidden Art Sampler CD... No Man, Tim Bowness, Bass Communion, Cipher... US $20.00 [0 bids]
Sophia Squire Naw Fight Over No Man CD US $8.97 Buy It Now 10h 3m
RUFUS BEACHAM 45 Take It Easy Baby / No Man is King SCEPTER Uptempo SOUL #T357 US $15.00 Buy It Now 11h 46m
LP REGGAE: BLACKA RANKS No Man Government 1994 LEGENDARY RECORDS ** LISTEN ** US $9.95 [0 bids]
Soul Promo 45 SHARON REDD Ain't No Man Worth It on Colu US $5.00 Buy It Now 15h 6m
AUDIO CD - ROCK - BILLY JOEL - RIVER OF DREAMS - NO MAN'S LAND - BLOND OVER US $9.50 Buy It Now 15h 55m
BUS BOYS money don't make no man LP 8 track with inner (d172915) us voss 1988 US $11.00 Buy It Now 19h 23m
Head 2 Head: Featuring The Hit Tracks-No Man Is An Island, Fancy Make Up by US $91.27 Buy It Now 19h 53m
Motion ?- No Man Is An Island ORIG UK 12" Ballistic Records ?TRIF2 1980 US $33.18 Buy It Now 20h 20m
NO MAN painting paradise ep 12" 2 trk but has heavy crease to right seam of pic US $9.11 Buy It Now 21h 13m
NO MAN painting paradise ep 12" 2 trk but has slight wear to edges of pic sleeve US $8.93 Buy It Now 21h 17m
ELECTRO BOOGIE/ Warp 9 - No Man Is An Island (WL Promo) US $6.99 Buy It Now 22h 19m
WARP 9 - No Man Is An Island - 12" US $15.92 Buy It Now 22h 31m
DON CORNELL - Athena/No Man Is An Island US $8.00 Buy It Now 22h 48m
No Man Taking It Like A Man 1994 Trance, Ambient, Vinyl, 12" Rare US $9.99 Buy It Now 23h 54m
Billy Joel - No Man's Land - All About Soul - Lot of two (2) cd singles US $1.99 [0 bids]
DREAM INTO DUST - No man's land CD Rare 97 1pr. MYRK10 US $22.49 Buy It Now 1 day
DON CORNELL All At Once / No Man Is An Island 78 VOGUE Q72058 US $21.56 Buy It Now 1 day
NO MAN'S SLAVE/I RESIGN split 7" NEW Give Praise HC late-00's power-violence US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
WARP 9 no man is an island 12" 3 trk remix b/w island jam and frea US $8.28 Buy It Now 1 day
Hal Frazier SEALED POP SOUL LP No Man is an Island USA US $28.98 Buy It Now 1 day
BILLY JOEL DUTCH 1993 7" Single NO MAN'S LAND DiscNEW US $4.96 Buy It Now 1 day
Over Yonder Where The Lilies Grow /The Rose Of No Man's Land Burr/Donovan 78 RPM US $6.00 [0 bids]
Hello Central, Give Me No Man's Land / Rose of Belgium Edna Brown /Hart 78 RPM US $5.50 [0 bids]
Hello Central, Give Me No Man's Land / Rose of Belgium Edna Brown /Hart 78 RPM US $6.00 [0 bids]
First Choice Let No Man Vinyl 12" WBMX Disco Chicago House Music New York Garage US $14.99 [0 bids]
First Choice Let No Man Vinyl 12 WBMX Disco Acapella House Music New York Garage US $9.99 [0 bids]
SINEAD O'CONNOR - NO MAN'S WOMAN 1-TRACK U.S. PROMO DJ CD SINGLE CS285 # US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Norm Calvin & the Truthseekers, Let no man Deceive You, Erika Records TSMR-001 US $32.00 Buy It Now 1 day
No Man Porcupine Tree Together We're Stranger Sealed LP #119 US $9.98 [1 bids]
SPANISH FLY - TRUST NO MAN (REISSUE) NEW CD US $21.13 Buy It Now 1 day
No-Man "Wherever There Is Light" CD Steven Wilson Porcupine Tree **Free Shipping US $32.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CORNEL CAMPBELL: No Man's Land / Version 45 (Jamaica, some lbl wear) Reggae US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Johnny Mathis POP 45 (Columbia 42799) Every Step of the Way/No Man Can... VG+ US $5.95 Buy It Now 1 day
No Man's Land by Souls of Mischief CD 1995 Jive HIEROGLYPHICS LIKE NEW 90's rap US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
78RPM Montgomery Ward 4319 Dick Robertson, There Aint No Man in the Moon/That V- US $13.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Broadway Broadcasters - CAMEO 836 - No Man's Mamma & That Certain Party US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Wild Opera by No-Man (UK) (CD, Oct-2013, 2 Discs, Kscope) US $9.10 Buy It Now 1 day
M-3 CD Roger Miller & brothers MIssion of Burma sealed new Sproton Layer No Man US $2.99 [0 bids]
No Man CD How The West Was Won sealed new US SST Mission of Burma Roger Miller US $2.99 [0 bids]
DOMINIQUE PRESCHEZ - NO MAN S LAND (IMPORT) NEW CD US $48.97 Buy It Now 1 day
*SALE* HEVIA - TIERRA DE NADIE / NO MAN'S LAND Spanish Bagpipes World Music US $2.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Spanish Fly - Trust No Man [CD New] US $15.62 Buy It Now 1 day
ELLA FITZGERALD - LET NO MAN WRITE MY EPITAPH (753088404313) - NEW CD BOXSET US $86.34 Buy It Now 1 day
LENE LOVICH - 12" LP VINYL ALBUM - NO MAN'S LAND US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Lene Lovich - No Man's Land LP Original Issue US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
WARP 9-NO MAN IS AN ISLAND~ELECTRO 12**LISTEN US $3.99 [0 bids]
Carl Matthews - Apollo - 78 RPM - "Big Man" / No Man is Honest US $1.25 [0 bids]
Rare Country Blues 78: Coley Jones ~ Army Mule In No Man's Land ~ Columbia 14288 US $200.00 [0 bids]
FIRST CHOICE " LET NO MAN PUT ASUNDER " NEW UK12 DANCE DISCO US $14.92 Buy It Now 2 days
THE VAN DYKES LP No Man is an Island SOLID SMOKE Compilation SOUL US $14.00 [3 bids]
No-Man - Together We'Re Stranger [CD New] US $13.58 Buy It Now 2 days
No Man CD Whamon Express sealed new US SST Mission of Burma Roger Miller US $2.99 [0 bids]
Billy Joel CD - No Man's Land - from album River Of Dreams US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
John Michael Montgomery CD - No Man's Land US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Let No Man Write My Epitaph- Ella Fitzgerald/ Verve Records MG V-4043 US $9.99 [0 bids]
No-Man - Loveblows Lovecries (CD 1993) US $58.07 Buy It Now 2 days
Krazy Kirk ?- Can't Trust No Man / Ganja Man ORIG UK 12" NEAR MINT MUSLYM US $16.58 Buy It Now 2 days
THE LIMELITERS-No Man Is An Island/RCA 47-8361/wlp promo/1964 Folk/Pop-45rpm US $8.94 [0 bids]
CDP John Michael Montgomery:No Man's Land [DJ Promo Single] US $9.10 Buy It Now 2 days
No-Man - Wild Opera [CD New] US $12.03 Buy It Now 2 days
dEUS "In A Bar, Under The Sea" CD Prog Art Rock Echolyn No-Man US $1.50 [0 bids]
NO -MAN - WILD OPERA NEW CD US $19.21 Buy It Now 2 days
RARE German 8-Track PROMO CD - STEVEN WILSON (Porcupine Tree/Blackfield/No-Man) US $24.88 [0 bids]
45rpm~TUCKER,Tanya~Would You Lay With Me/No Man's Land ?4-45991?Vinyl 7" Record? US $3.45 Buy It Now 2 days
NO -MAN - TOGETHER WERE STRANGERS: 5.1 MIX (+DVD) NEW CD US $21.89 Buy It Now 2 days
WARP 9 NO MAN'S AN ISLAND WLP VINYL 12'' US $3.00 Buy It Now 2 days
No Man is Roger Miller LP with Promo Ads-WIN! INSTANTLY US $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
John Simpson - News From No Man's Land CD - 0105P US $11.60 Buy It Now 2 days
NO-MAN - TOGETHER WE'RE STRANGER - 180GM VINYL US $34.34 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BUSBOYS LP-MONEY DON'T MAKE NO MAN/VOSS REC. VG++ US $7.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Charlie Peacock Advance CD No Man's Land In Carboad Slippack US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
First Choice Let No Man Put Asunder 12" Frankie Knuckles US $6.99 [0 bids]
Faith and Courage by Sinead O'Connor (CD, Jan-2000, Atlantic) No Man's Woman US $2.99 [0 bids]
JOHN MICHAEL MONTGOMERY * NO MAN'S LAND & SOLD * 45 RPM US $5.50 Buy It Now 2 days
STAR TREK TV Soundtrack CD Vol 1 The Cage & Where No Man Has Gone Before 1990 NM US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Zanister - Fear No Man US $7.95 Buy It Now 2 days
LENE LOVICH NO MANS LAND NO-MAN'S-LAND ARE 38399 STIFF EPIC RECORD LP VINYL COVE US $1.99 [0 bids]
The Bus Boys~Money Don't Make No Man LP~1988~Voss~SEALED!! US $4.99 [0 bids]
Wilma Burgess COUNTRY45(DECCA 32027) Misty Blue/Ain't Got No Man VG US $6.95 [0 bids]
BRUNSON rev. milton NO MAN IS AN ISLAND wings of a dove SATISFIED MIND new cd US $7.88 [0 bids]
ELLA FITZGERALD - Let No Man Write My Epitaph - VERVE MGV-4043 deepgroove US $19.99 [0 bids]
LENE LOVICH-NO MAN'S LAND US $8.00 [0 bids]
THE BUSBOYS Money Don't Make No Man (1988) Vinyl LP NM- (EX) SHRINK US $5.49 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy NO-MAN music online Buy NO-MAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NO-MAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NO-MAN Wherever There Is Light ratings distribution

NO-MAN Wherever There Is Light reviews

Review by memowakeman
3 stars Sweet EP!

Melancholy, heaven, sadness, charm, tranquility, etc., are words that come to my mind everytime I listen to No-Man, that Bowness/Wilson project that easily makes an effect on the listener, increasing their sensibility and expanding their senses (at least that happens to me). No-Man is one of those bands that I can listen no matter my mood, it is my partner when I am sad, tense, enthusiastic or even happy, that is one of the things I love of them.

When I listened to "Wherever there is Light" (the song) I immediately fell in love with it, which is why I wanted to get their EP with the same name. Released in 2009, it features five songs, three of them are actually unreleased tracks, while the last two are live versions of past songs. Here we will have 25 minutes of wonderful No-Man music.

Starting with the titled track, I cannot ask for more, I don't really know if the effect that this song had with me had something to do with my personal situation at that time, because it may not be the most elaborated composition, but emotionally it really moves me, and I truly believe is one of the touchiest No-Man songs ever, and I dare say, one of their best. It is simply beautiful, and enchanting, the piano and the atmosphere is brilliant, and that along with Bowness voice makes it very special; worth mentioning also the flute sound added by Theo Travis.

"Death was California" has a nice acoustic guitar, a calm rhythm and again a beautiful sound. One can be resting, lying in the bed and letting the music do the rest. It takes away your tension and makes the moment wonderful. "Counting" has a constant percussion sound as background, later new electronic noises are added and are repeated time after time, the guitars sound very delicate but they are also present all the time, just as Tim's voice charms us once again. The surprise here is that the melancholic sound ends after two minutes when a tense and dark atmosphere appears, with great guitars and without the voice. Here we could appreciate two faces of No-Man in one single track, another great thing!

"Carolina Skeletons" is the first live track included here, this is a song released for the album "Returning Jesus" , this live performance is better than the studio version, with a couple of minutes more of music and with a great violin and guitar playing on stage. The last track is "All the Blue Changes" which I would really like to witness someday in a concert. Bowness and the musicians really connect each other and create a wonderful atmosphere, an ecstasy that the audience surely felt and loved.

This is an excellent EP. I like the decision of combining those three studio tracks with the final two live ones, and well, the title track simply kills me. My personal grade would be four stars, but I believe that objectively it deserves three stars.

Enjoy it!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#487753) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 21, 2011

Post a review of NO-MAN "Wherever There Is Light"