WHEREVER THERE IS LIGHT

Psychedelic/Space Rock

No-Man Wherever There Is Light album cover

Buy NO-MAN Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2009

1. Wherever there is light (4:21)
2. Death was California (3:02)
3. Counting (4:24)
4. Carolina skeletons (live) (7:09)
5. All the blue changes (live) (6:39)

Search NO-MAN Wherever There Is Light lyrics

Search NO-MAN Wherever There Is Light tabs

- Tim Bowness / vocals, words
- Steven Wilson / instruments, lead guitar (2 & 5)

Guest musicians:
- Michael Bearpark / guitar (2 & 5)
- Steve Bingham / electric violin (3, 4 & 5)
- Stephen Bennett / keyboards (4 & 5)
- Andrew Booker / electronic drums (4 & 5)
- Bruce Kaphan / pedal steel guitar (1)
- Pete Morgan / bass guitar (4 & 5)
- Theo Travis / flute (1)

Kscope Records/Snapper Music, kscope127s (2009)

NO-MAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NO-MAN Wherever There Is Light Music

Remastered
Kscope 2008
Wild OperaWild Opera
Kscope 2013
LARRY HARRISON: No Man Can Stand Alone / Top Of The Mountain (soul vinyl 45) US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Rufus Mr Soul Beacham with Take It Easy Baby/No Man Is King Scepter 45 US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 54m
THE BUSBOYS Money Don't Make No Man (1988) Vinyl LP NM- (EX) SHRINK US $2.99 [0 bids]
Hello Central, Give Me No Man's Land / Rose of Belgium Edna Brown /Hart 78 RPM US $6.00 [0 bids]
Hello Central, Give Me No Man's Land / Rose of Belgium Edna Brown /Hart 78 RPM US $5.50 [0 bids]
Billy Joel - No Man's Land - All About Soul - Lot of two (2) cd singles US $1.99 [0 bids]
Over Yonder Where The Lilies Grow /The Rose Of No Man's Land Burr/Donovan 78 RPM US $6.00 [0 bids]
Souls Of Mischief- No Man's Land- 12 in US $5.00 [0 bids]
PROMO CD SINEAD O'CONNOR - No Man's Woman (RARE Australian Pop 90's) US $0.87 [0 bids]
4h
NO -MAN - RETURNING JESUS NEW CD US $21.77 Buy It Now 4h 16m
No-Man - Wild Opera 2CD Digibook reissue 2010 * Steven Wilson * US $4.54 [5 bids]
5h
45 RPM RECORD "NO MAN IS AN ISLAND" BY DON CORNELL US $0.25 [0 bids]
NEW Let No Man Write My Epitaph by Compact Disc Book Free Shipping US $47.44 Buy It Now 5h 59m
Bob Seger Against The Wind b/w No Man's Land 7" 45 Single Record 1980 US $0.01 [0 bids]
Jimmy Lewis: It Ain't What's on the Woman / There Ain't No Man.. [Unplayed Copy] US $6.97 Buy It Now 8h 20m
No Man,NEW CD,Whamon Express,Roger Miller,Mission of Burma,Alloy Orchestra.,Wham US $4.49 Buy It Now 9h 11m
NO-MAN Schoolyard Ghosts Double CD 2014 Reissue NEW & SEALED US $17.61 Buy It Now 9h 50m
No-Man - Lovesighs (CD) US $42.62 Buy It Now 11h 11m
(AF385) Beverley Knight, No Man's Land - DJ CD US $4.81 Buy It Now 11h 26m
Spanish Fly - Trust No Man [CD New] US $13.76 Buy It Now 12h 9m
WARP 9 NO MAN IS AN ISLAND 12" MINT SEALED US $12.85 Buy It Now 12h 44m
J. Ireland - Vexilla Regis/Greater Love Hath No Man/& CD US $15.54 Buy It Now 13h 36m
78 RPM RECORD DON CORNELL ALL AT ONCE / NO MAN IS AN ISLAND CORAL RECORDS 61253 US $2.49 Buy It Now 13h 50m
Spanish Fly - Trust No Man CD US $17.12 Buy It Now 14h 17m
Spanish Fly - Trust No Man CD SL ENTERTAINMENT US $17.12 Buy It Now 14h 17m
Ella Fitzgerald - Let No Man Write My Epitaph 200G Vinyl Record LP US $97.16 Buy It Now 14h 43m
DINA CARROLL-Ain't No Man-7" 45rpm Record-A&M-AM 0001-1992 US $3.20 [0 bids]
THE BLUE BONNETS. NO MAN'S LAND. BRAND NEW CD ALBUM US $4.81 Buy It Now 15h 43m
Lene Lovich "No-Man's-Land" LP US $4.95 Buy It Now 15h 59m
TERRY RILEY NO MAN'S LAND SIROCCO PLAINISPHARE SWISS CD US $59.99 Buy It Now 16h
Calypso 45 MERCHANT Let No Man Judge KALINDA HEAR US $8.00 [0 bids]
DENNIS BROWN No Man Is An Island LLOYD WILLIAMS For Your Love 45 Studio One MP3 US $39.99 Buy It Now 16h 39m
Ed Le Fant - No Man's Land - UK CD Single US $11.87 Buy It Now 16h 41m
RACHAEL MCSHANE - NO MAN'S FOOL NEW CD US $21.41 Buy It Now 17h 17m
THE BUS BOYS ''MONEY DON"T MAKE NO MAN'' ORIG.1988 LP&SLEEVE1ST PRESS EXC.TO NM. US $2.99 Buy It Now 17h 24m
Rusite Lee - No Man (Shut Your Mout) - UK CD Single US $27.60 Buy It Now 17h 42m
Rare Country 45 - Jimmy Heap - See No Man No Yo Yo - Big Band # 1001 US $7.99 [0 bids]
LENE LOVICH NO MAN'S LAND 1982 AUSTRALIAN FESTIVAL/STIFF L37894 US $24.11 Buy It Now 18h 55m
No-Man - Returning Jesus [CD New] US $15.36 Buy It Now 18h 59m
No Man's Land by Souls of Mischief CD 1995 Jive HIEROGLYPHICS LIKE NEW 90's rap US $15.00 Buy It Now 19h 14m
SINEAD O'CONNOR NO MAN'S WOMAN HONG KONG PROMO CD SINGLE US $9.99 [0 bids]
No-Man : Speak CD (2008) US $22.51 Buy It Now 19h 57m
TIM BUCKLEY Goodbye And Hello LP UK No Man Can Find The War Hallucinations US $69.99 Buy It Now 20h 56m
No Man: All the Blue Changes an Anthology 1988 - 2003 CD x2 NEAR MINT discs US $11.99 Buy It Now 21h 10m
Lene Lovich 4 LP Lot Stiff Records No-Man's-Land, Flex, New Joy, Stateless US $14.99 Buy It Now 21h 17m
Faith and Courage by Sinead O'Connor (CD, Jan-2000, Atlantic) No Man's Woman US $2.99 [0 bids]
Tim Bowness / Samuel Smiles Live Archive 2 / New (No-Man) official CDr US $22.49 Buy It Now 22h 21m
Tim Bowness / Samuel Smiles Live Archive 1 / New (No-Man) official CDr US $22.49 Buy It Now 22h 21m
No Man Taking It Like A Man 1994 Trance, Ambient, Vinyl, 12" Rare US $0.99 [0 bids]
JAZZ AILEEN STANLEY No Man's Mamma/Mighty Blue VICTOR 19863 US $9.99 Buy It Now 23h 52m
Lene Lovich No Man's Land LP FIRST PRESS FREE U.S. SHIPPING LOOK US $7.77 Buy It Now 23h 55m
Bob Seger Against The Wind No Man's Land 45 1980 Capitol Records 4863 US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
LET NO MAN PUT ASUNDER - FIRST CHOICE - 1977 - RARE PROMO 12" US $17.99 [0 bids]
VAN DYKES: I Won't Hold It Against You / No Man Is An Island 45 (sl label wear) US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Lene Lovich No Man's Land West Germany CD US $32.50 [0 bids]
WARP 9-NO MAN IS AN ISLAND~ELECTRO 12**LISTEN US $2.99 [0 bids]
4 Edison Blue Amberol Cylinders~WWI Songs, No Man's Land, Dixieland, Kaiser US $29.95 [0 bids]
Wilma Burgess COUNTRY45(DECCA 32027) Misty Blue/Ain't Got No Man VG US $6.95 Buy It Now 1 day
No Man "Diamondback" 7" single 1991 SST Records WHITE VINYL US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
REGGAE SKA*young DENNIS BROWN LP No Man is Island Studio One 01112 SHRINK VG++ US $14.99 [0 bids]
No Man Can Hold My Soul - St. Peter Claver Music Ministry New & Sealed CD-JEWEL US $22.74 Buy It Now 1 day
The Neon Judgement A Man Aint No Man 1987 Bias 65 Records Vinyl Lp US $19.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Star Trek, Vol. 1: The Cage/Where No Man Has Gone Before by Alexander Courage (C US $4.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Vexilla Regis / No Greater Love Hath No Man, Ireland, J., Good US $7.94 Buy It Now 1 day
SKELETON CREW * Country Of Blinds * AVANT Noise Jazz LP * NO MAN'S LAND Promo NM US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JIMMY LEWIS THERE AIN'T NO MAN THAT CAN'T BE CAUGHT US HOTLANTA 70s SOUL US $9.63 Buy It Now 1 day
NO-MAN (UK) - SCHOOLYARD GHOSTS [DIGIPAK] [802644810324] - NEW CD BOXSET US $12.45 Buy It Now 1 day
Myland - No Man's Land HTF Melodic Rock Journey / Eden's Curse / Kee Marcello US $11.24 [0 bids]
Danny Scholl POP 45(SCHOLL 105)No Man Is An Island/Can't Help Falling In Love NM US $6.95 Buy It Now 1 day
NO MAN Loveblows And Lovecries A Confession NM CD OOP PORCUPINE TREE US $19.99 [1 bids]
Solomon Burke SOUL 45 (APOLLO 500) No Man Walks Alone/Walking In A Dream US $6.95 Buy It Now 1 day
No Man - Damage The Enemy - New Sealed Promo Cassette US $24.50 Buy It Now 1 day
STAR TREK CD The Cage & Where No Man Has Gone Before (Rare German Import) US $24.11 Buy It Now 1 day
BUS BOYS Money Don't Make No Man LP 8 Track Unopened In Original Shrinkwrap (d17 US $22.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DENNIS TRACEY No Man's Land LP 13 Track Sleeve Has Light Wear And Split To Botto US $8.43 Buy It Now 1 day
BUS BOYS Money Don't Make No Man LP 8 Track With Inner (d172915) US Voss 1988 US $9.58 Buy It Now 1 day
Star Trek-Original TV Soundtrack LP 'The Cage'&'Where No Man Has Gone Before'NM+ US $6.99 [0 bids]
No Man's Land by Seventh Avenue near mint Record Shack 12" Disco US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
LENE LOVICH -NO MAN'S-LAND rock vinyl LP US $9.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Lene Lovich - No Man's Land - Israel Press LP New Wave Synth LISTEN Thomas Dolby US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JOHNNY MATHIS COLUMBIA 60's NO MAN CAN STAND ALONE US $0.59 [0 bids]
DREAMERS ROLLIN 1001 MELBA/NO MAN IS AN ISLAND M- WOL US $200.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Victor Peraino's Kingdom Com - No Man's Land [CD New] US $29.98 Buy It Now 1 day
VAN DYKES MALA 520 I WON'T HOLD IT AGAINST U M- DJ $40.00 B/W NO MAN IS AN ISL US $40.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DJ Screw Chapter 195: Fear No Man Texas Rap 2 CD Set Piranha Records US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RUFUS BEACHAM 45 Take It Easy Baby / No Man is King SCEPTER Uptempo SOUL #T357 US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
No Man Can Hold the Wind by T. D. Jakes (May 2001) (Audio Cassette) US $9.91 Buy It Now 1 day
NO MAN CAN TAME ME Gisele McKenzie CBS-TV 1959 Cast LP US $199.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPANISH FLY - TRUST NO MAN NEW CD US $19.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Whamon Express - No Man (CD) rock US $2.49 Buy It Now 1 day
DERRICK HARRIOTT/SKINHEAD REGGAE/SONGBIRD SB103/NO MAN IS AN ISLAND..EX+ LISTEN US $13.67 [1 bids]
ETHEL WATERS No Man's Mama COLUMBIA 14116-D 78 RPM / V+ US $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
No-Man "Wherever There Is Light" CD Steven Wilson Porcupine Tree **Free Shipping US $32.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dreamers "Melba"/"No man is an Island" Rollin label (oldies,doowop,vocal groups) US $45.00 [0 bids]
The Pagea Ensemble: No Man's Journey US $2.99 [0 bids]
STAR TREK: CAGE/WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE - TV SOUNDTRACK CASSETTE -FREE SHIP US $9.60 Buy It Now 1 day
NO MAN IS AN ISLAND AND OTHER GREAT POEMS READ BY DAVID ALLEN US $1.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LENE LOVICH No Man's Land LP US $17.69 Buy It Now 1 day
CD Single: Beverley Knight : No Man's Land US $1.59 Buy It Now 1 day
cd B8 HEVIA - NO MAN'S LAND US $20.79 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy NO-MAN music online Buy NO-MAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NO-MAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NO-MAN Wherever There Is Light ratings distribution

NO-MAN Wherever There Is Light reviews

Review by memowakeman
3 stars Sweet EP!

Melancholy, heaven, sadness, charm, tranquility, etc., are words that come to my mind everytime I listen to No-Man, that Bowness/Wilson project that easily makes an effect on the listener, increasing their sensibility and expanding their senses (at least that happens to me). No-Man is one of those bands that I can listen no matter my mood, it is my partner when I am sad, tense, enthusiastic or even happy, that is one of the things I love of them.

When I listened to "Wherever there is Light" (the song) I immediately fell in love with it, which is why I wanted to get their EP with the same name. Released in 2009, it features five songs, three of them are actually unreleased tracks, while the last two are live versions of past songs. Here we will have 25 minutes of wonderful No-Man music.

Starting with the titled track, I cannot ask for more, I don't really know if the effect that this song had with me had something to do with my personal situation at that time, because it may not be the most elaborated composition, but emotionally it really moves me, and I truly believe is one of the touchiest No-Man songs ever, and I dare say, one of their best. It is simply beautiful, and enchanting, the piano and the atmosphere is brilliant, and that along with Bowness voice makes it very special; worth mentioning also the flute sound added by Theo Travis.

"Death was California" has a nice acoustic guitar, a calm rhythm and again a beautiful sound. One can be resting, lying in the bed and letting the music do the rest. It takes away your tension and makes the moment wonderful. "Counting" has a constant percussion sound as background, later new electronic noises are added and are repeated time after time, the guitars sound very delicate but they are also present all the time, just as Tim's voice charms us once again. The surprise here is that the melancholic sound ends after two minutes when a tense and dark atmosphere appears, with great guitars and without the voice. Here we could appreciate two faces of No-Man in one single track, another great thing!

"Carolina Skeletons" is the first live track included here, this is a song released for the album "Returning Jesus" , this live performance is better than the studio version, with a couple of minutes more of music and with a great violin and guitar playing on stage. The last track is "All the Blue Changes" which I would really like to witness someday in a concert. Bowness and the musicians really connect each other and create a wonderful atmosphere, an ecstasy that the audience surely felt and loved.

This is an excellent EP. I like the decision of combining those three studio tracks with the final two live ones, and well, the title track simply kills me. My personal grade would be four stars, but I believe that objectively it deserves three stars.

Enjoy it!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#487753) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 21, 2011

Post a review of NO-MAN "Wherever There Is Light"