WHEREVER THERE IS LIGHT

Psychedelic/Space Rock

No-Man Wherever There Is Light album cover

Buy NO-MAN Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2009

1. Wherever there is light (4:21)
2. Death was California (3:02)
3. Counting (4:24)
4. Carolina skeletons (live) (7:09)
5. All the blue changes (live) (6:39)

Search NO-MAN Wherever There Is Light lyrics

Search NO-MAN Wherever There Is Light tabs

- Tim Bowness / vocals, words
- Steven Wilson / instruments, lead guitar (2 & 5)

Guest musicians:
- Michael Bearpark / guitar (2 & 5)
- Steve Bingham / electric violin (3, 4 & 5)
- Stephen Bennett / keyboards (4 & 5)
- Andrew Booker / electronic drums (4 & 5)
- Bruce Kaphan / pedal steel guitar (1)
- Pete Morgan / bass guitar (4 & 5)
- Theo Travis / flute (1)

Kscope Records/Snapper Music, kscope127s (2009)

NO-MAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NO-MAN Wherever There Is Light Music

Schoolyard GhostsSchoolyard Ghosts
KSCOPE 2014
Wild OperaWild Opera
Kscope 2013
All the Blue Changes An Anthology 1988-2003All the Blue Changes An Anthology 1988-2003
United States Of Dist./Ka 2008
Together Were Stranger: 5.1 MixTogether Were Stranger: 5.1 Mix
Remastered
Snapper UK 2008
Love & EndingsLove & Endings
EMI Import 2012
Loveblows and LovecriesLoveblows and Lovecries
Sony Music Entertain 1994
Danny Scholl 45 RPM 1960s No man is an Island ( EX ) US $5.00 Buy It Now 56m 13s
Pop Promo 45 Johnny Mathis - No Man Can Stand Alone / Every Step Of The Way On C US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Warp 9 - No Man Is An Island (Remix) - 1983 #230056 US $6.47 Buy It Now 2h 10m
NO MAN'S LAND - NEW CD US $13.73 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Warp 9 - No Man Is An Island REMIX - PRISM RECORDS ORIGINAL PRESSING - ELECTRO US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 52m
Manijama - No No No - Man 1 - 2002 #83460 US $6.47 Buy It Now 5h 46m
Mantra - Don't Need No Man Unreleased Projects #172683 US $6.47 Buy It Now 5h 47m
TIM BUCKLEY - Goodbye and Hello (2000 CD) No Man Can Find The War/Once I Was US $2.69 [8 bids]
No Man's Land - We Are Becoming CD US $25.00 Buy It Now 8h 59m
Win! Instantly! by No Man (US) (CD, Jan-1989, SST) US $5.95 Buy It Now 9h 27m
CD* Trust No Man - SPANISH FLY *** RARE HIP HOP *** US $31.50 Buy It Now 9h 36m
(C837) Beverley Knight, No Man's Land - DJ CD US $3.16 Buy It Now 10h 8m
Wild Opera, No-Man, Good US $14.90 Buy It Now 11h 17m
Ain't No Man (Brothers In Rhythm Remix) - DMC #4238 US $6.47 Buy It Now 11h 33m
First Choice - Let No Man Put Asunder (Remix) #277462 US $6.47 Buy It Now 11h 34m
Let No Man Put Asunder (2006 Remix) - 2006 #267980 US $6.47 Buy It Now 11h 34m
Let No Man Put Asunder (Masters At Work Remix) #7197 US $6.47 Buy It Now 11h 34m
ELLA FITZGERALD - LET NO MAN WRITE MY EPITAPH (HYBRID) NEW SACD US $49.71 Buy It Now 13h
No Man Days in The Trees 12" Vinyl Porcupine Tree Steven Wilson US $39.99 Buy It Now 17h 17m
PEACOCK,CHARLIE-NO MAN`S LAND (2PK) VINYL LP NEW US $27.80 Buy It Now 18h 57m
First Choice Let No Man Vinyl 12" WBMX Disco Chicago House Music New York Garage US $3.99 [0 bids]
First Choice Let No Man Vinyl 12 WBMX Disco Acapella House Music New York Garage US $3.99 [0 bids]
LENE LOVICH no man's land SEEZ 44 A1/B1 1st pressing uk stiff 1982 LP PS EX/EX US $14.58 Buy It Now 21h 45m
BRUNSON rev. milton NO MAN IS AN ISLAND wings of a dove SATISFIED MIND new cd US $7.88 [0 bids]
No-Man - Together We're Stranger (2014) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $21.00 Buy It Now 1 day
No-Man - Together We're Stranger (15TH SEP) CD ALBUM NEW/MINT US $19.44 Buy It Now 1 day
SINEAD O'CONNOR No Man's Woman 1 Track Promo CD Single Germany 2000 US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger Miller - No Man Is Hurting Me - Ace of Hearts Records - SEALED LP! US $4.99 [0 bids]
Mary J. Blige ?- Let No Man Put Asunder / Deep Inside / As US $3.74 Buy It Now 1 day
NO-MAN - SPEAK - 180GM VINYL US $33.55 Buy It Now 1 day
MG VS-64043 Ella Fitzgerald - SINGS. LET NO MAN WRITE MY EPITAPH - 200g VINYL US $33.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Orson Wells - No Man is an Island + 8 LP - Decca Records DL 9060 - SEALED US $9.99 [1 bids]
LENE LOVICH: No Man's Land LP (UK, clear vinyl, toc) Rock & Pop US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Wilma Burgess 45 "Misty Blue / Ain't Got No Man" ~ DJ Promo - Decca ~ VG++ US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
No Man CD How The West Was Won sealed new US SST Mission of Burma Roger Miller US $3.05 Buy It Now 1 day
Anna Maria Soprano - Watch Out! Let No Man Seduce You! [CD New] US $25.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Speak [Italy] by No-Man (UK) (CD, Sep-2009, Kscope) US $9.26 Buy It Now 1 day
NO -MAN - SPEAK NEW CD US $17.15 Buy It Now 1 day
No Man : How the West Was Won CD (1991) US $4.98 Buy It Now 1 day
No Man is an Island & Other Great Poems - David Allen - LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
no-man Wherever There is Light CD-Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree sealed US $4.99 [0 bids]
no-man Together We're Stranger 2 disc-Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree sealed US $9.99 [0 bids]
HEAR Solomon Burke 45 Walking In A Dream/No Man Walks Alone APOLLO 500 soul R US $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
LENE LOVICH - NO MAN'S LAND LP. STIFF EPIC/CBS RECORDS 1982. Vinyl US $2.99 [0 bids]
NO MAN - HOW THE WEST WAS WON ROGER MILLER MISSION OF BURMA GUITARIST SEALED CD US $6.95 Buy It Now 1 day
WAYNE KEMP NM Turn Me Loose 45 Just Got Back From No Man's Land 57053 Mercury 7" US $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Lene Lovich No Man's Land Us Lp US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ella Fitzgerald Let No Man Write My Epitaph record vinyl original Verve press US $20.50 [0 bids]
No Man's Land "Scattered Around And Buried" oi indonesia skinhead punk ACAB US $9.71 Buy It Now 1 day
BILLY JOEL - No Man's Land (UK 3 Track CD Single Pt 1) US $5.34 Buy It Now 1 day
BILLY JOEL - No Man's Land (USA 1 Tk Radio/DJ CD Single) US $6.47 Buy It Now 1 day
BILLY JOEL - No Man's Land (EU 2 Track CD Single) US $5.34 Buy It Now 1 day
Rachael Mcshane - No Man's Fool [CD New] US $14.93 Buy It Now 1 day
BILLY JOEL - No Man's Land (UK 4 Track CD Single Pt 2) US $5.34 Buy It Now 1 day
Billy Joel - No Man's Land + Live Trks IMPORT CD Listen US $5.59 Buy It Now 1 day
Immigrate Us - No Man's Religion - Japan CD J-POP US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BILLY JOEL - THE RIVER OF DREAMS/NO MAN'S LAND - 45 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Chicano Rap CD Miss Lady Pinks - Trust No Man - Mr. Criminal Ese Menace Lil G US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Rare Original TV Soundtrack Star Trek: The Cage/Where No Man Has Gone Before US $29.18 [0 bids]
How the West Was Won by No Man (US) (CD, Aug-1991, SST) US $4.50 [0 bids]
Together We're Stranger by No-Man (UK) (CD, May-2007, Snapper) US $4.50 [0 bids]
REV MILTON BRUNSON no man is an island LP VG+ HBX 2119 Gospel Funk Soul HOB US $100.00 Buy It Now 2 days
No-Man - Speak [CD New] US $11.75 Buy It Now 2 days
BARLEY BREE: No Man's Land (folk vinyl LP) US $18.00 Buy It Now 2 days
No Man's Land - Subtractivelad New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $21.88 Buy It Now 2 days
Henry Fool - Men Singing (CD 2013) No-Man/Roxy Music US $5.84 [3 bids]
Dominique Preschez - No Man S Land [CD New] US $41.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Miss Lady Pinks - Trust No Man Ft. Mr. Capone-e, Mr. Criminal, Hi Power Soldiers US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LENE LOVICH NO MANS LAND NO-MAN'S-LAND ARE 38399 STIFF EPIC RECORD LP VINYL COVE US $3.99 [0 bids]
SINEAD O'CONNOR No Man's Woman 2000 UK 1-trk promo CD single US $6.47 Buy It Now 2 days
PORCUPINE TREE - Nil Recurring (2008 CD) steven Wilson, No Man, Robert Fripp US $10.53 [0 bids]
PORCUPINE TREE - Recordings (2010 CD) Steven Wilson. No Man. US $16.20 [0 bids]
Billy Joel No Man's Land & The River of Dreams Columbia 38-77086 VG US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LENE LOVICH No Man's Land STIFF LP US $7.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Sharon Redd - Ula Hedwig - Charolotte Crossley - Ain't No Man Worth It US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE LIMELITERS-No Man Is An Island/RCA 47-8361/wlp promo/1964 Folk/Pop-45rpm US $8.94 [0 bids]
LENE LOVICH "NO-MAN'S-LAND" LP STEREO 1982 US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Star Trek "THE CAGE & "WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE" Vinyl LP Record Soundtrack US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BUS BOYS Money Don't make No Man FACTORY SEALED LP Voss 72915 (1988) US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Bus Boys CD Money Don't Make No Man (CD, Oct-2011, JDC Records) US $4.95 [0 bids]
SPHERICAL OBJECTS - FURTHER ELLIPSES / NO MAN'S LAND NEW CD US $24.19 Buy It Now 2 days
NO-MAN (UK) - HEAVEN TASTE - NEW CD US $12.21 Buy It Now 2 days
Wilma Burgess 45 Misty Blue / Ain't Got NO Man US $2.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SPANISH FLY TRUST NO MAN CHICANO RAP CD RARE US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BLOW 3-11,CD,b.Low,Visiting Places Where No Man Has Gone Below US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
NEW THE BUSBOYS Money Don't Make No Man Bus Boys 1988 Voss Records Cassette Tape US $9.98 Buy It Now 2 days
WILMA BURGESS (7"single) MISTY BLUE / AIN'T GOT NO MAN / Decca Records: USA US $3.23 [0 bids]
NO MAN'S WOMAN - NEW CD US $34.64 Buy It Now 2 days
No Man (Shut Your Mouth) CD US $2.25 Buy It Now 2 days
Johnson Brothers "No Man's Land - Gallipoli" Rare Oz 7" US $13.54 Buy It Now 3 days
PENTANGLE - Reprise 0784 - Let No Man Steal Your Thyme - 1968 FOLK-ROCK DJ VG+ US $14.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Jacques Higelin No Man's Land LP 1978 NEAR MINT ORIG IMPORT PRESSING WITH INSERT US $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
St. Peter Claver Music Ministry - No Man Can Hold My Soul [CD New] US $15.06 Buy It Now 3 days
No Man's Land - Home In The Sky [CD New] US $13.26 Buy It Now 3 days
Billy Joel 45 RPM - No Man's Land / River of Dreams Columbia Records Vinyl US $0.99 [0 bids]
MISS LADY PINKS - TRUST NO MAN NEW CD US $23.45 Buy It Now 3 days
Northern soul LARRY HARRISON No Man Can Stand Alone PAVANNE M-.DJ Listen! US $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
RARE AUDREY WILLIAMS NO MAN CAN LOVE TWO WOMEN YOU PUT IT THERE 45 PROMO HANK US $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days
45 RPM-Melba/No man is an Island-Dreamers (Rollin label) US $50.00 [0 bids]
Subtractive Lad - No Man's Land [CD New] US $15.98 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy NO-MAN music online Buy NO-MAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NO-MAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NO-MAN Wherever There Is Light ratings distribution

NO-MAN Wherever There Is Light reviews

Review by memowakeman
3 stars Sweet EP!

Melancholy, heaven, sadness, charm, tranquility, etc., are words that come to my mind everytime I listen to No-Man, that Bowness/Wilson project that easily makes an effect on the listener, increasing their sensibility and expanding their senses (at least that happens to me). No-Man is one of those bands that I can listen no matter my mood, it is my partner when I am sad, tense, enthusiastic or even happy, that is one of the things I love of them.

When I listened to "Wherever there is Light" (the song) I immediately fell in love with it, which is why I wanted to get their EP with the same name. Released in 2009, it features five songs, three of them are actually unreleased tracks, while the last two are live versions of past songs. Here we will have 25 minutes of wonderful No-Man music.

Starting with the titled track, I cannot ask for more, I don't really know if the effect that this song had with me had something to do with my personal situation at that time, because it may not be the most elaborated composition, but emotionally it really moves me, and I truly believe is one of the touchiest No-Man songs ever, and I dare say, one of their best. It is simply beautiful, and enchanting, the piano and the atmosphere is brilliant, and that along with Bowness voice makes it very special; worth mentioning also the flute sound added by Theo Travis.

"Death was California" has a nice acoustic guitar, a calm rhythm and again a beautiful sound. One can be resting, lying in the bed and letting the music do the rest. It takes away your tension and makes the moment wonderful. "Counting" has a constant percussion sound as background, later new electronic noises are added and are repeated time after time, the guitars sound very delicate but they are also present all the time, just as Tim's voice charms us once again. The surprise here is that the melancholic sound ends after two minutes when a tense and dark atmosphere appears, with great guitars and without the voice. Here we could appreciate two faces of No-Man in one single track, another great thing!

"Carolina Skeletons" is the first live track included here, this is a song released for the album "Returning Jesus" , this live performance is better than the studio version, with a couple of minutes more of music and with a great violin and guitar playing on stage. The last track is "All the Blue Changes" which I would really like to witness someday in a concert. Bowness and the musicians really connect each other and create a wonderful atmosphere, an ecstasy that the audience surely felt and loved.

This is an excellent EP. I like the decision of combining those three studio tracks with the final two live ones, and well, the title track simply kills me. My personal grade would be four stars, but I believe that objectively it deserves three stars.

Enjoy it!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#487753) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 21, 2011

Post a review of NO-MAN "Wherever There Is Light"