WHEREVER THERE IS LIGHT

Psychedelic/Space Rock

No-Man Wherever There Is Light album cover

Buy NO-MAN Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2009

1. Wherever there is light (4:21)
2. Death was California (3:02)
3. Counting (4:24)
4. Carolina skeletons (live) (7:09)
5. All the blue changes (live) (6:39)

Search NO-MAN Wherever There Is Light lyrics

Search NO-MAN Wherever There Is Light tabs

- Tim Bowness / vocals, words
- Steven Wilson / instruments, lead guitar (2 & 5)

Guest musicians:
- Michael Bearpark / guitar (2 & 5)
- Steve Bingham / electric violin (3, 4 & 5)
- Stephen Bennett / keyboards (4 & 5)
- Andrew Booker / electronic drums (4 & 5)
- Bruce Kaphan / pedal steel guitar (1)
- Pete Morgan / bass guitar (4 & 5)
- Theo Travis / flute (1)

Kscope Records/Snapper Music, kscope127s (2009)

NO-MAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NO-MAN Wherever There Is Light Music

Wherever There Is Light EpWherever There Is Light Ep
101 DISTRIBUTION 2009

More places to buy NO-MAN music online Buy NO-MAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NO-MAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NO-MAN Wherever There Is Light ratings distribution

NO-MAN Wherever There Is Light reviews

Review by memowakeman
3 stars Sweet EP!

Melancholy, heaven, sadness, charm, tranquility, etc., are words that come to my mind everytime I listen to No-Man, that Bowness/Wilson project that easily makes an effect on the listener, increasing their sensibility and expanding their senses (at least that happens to me). No-Man is one of those bands that I can listen no matter my mood, it is my partner when I am sad, tense, enthusiastic or even happy, that is one of the things I love of them.

When I listened to "Wherever there is Light" (the song) I immediately fell in love with it, which is why I wanted to get their EP with the same name. Released in 2009, it features five songs, three of them are actually unreleased tracks, while the last two are live versions of past songs. Here we will have 25 minutes of wonderful No-Man music.

Starting with the titled track, I cannot ask for more, I don't really know if the effect that this song had with me had something to do with my personal situation at that time, because it may not be the most elaborated composition, but emotionally it really moves me, and I truly believe is one of the touchiest No-Man songs ever, and I dare say, one of their best. It is simply beautiful, and enchanting, the piano and the atmosphere is brilliant, and that along with Bowness voice makes it very special; worth mentioning also the flute sound added by Theo Travis.

"Death was California" has a nice acoustic guitar, a calm rhythm and again a beautiful sound. One can be resting, lying in the bed and letting the music do the rest. It takes away your tension and makes the moment wonderful. "Counting" has a constant percussion sound as background, later new electronic noises are added and are repeated time after time, the guitars sound very delicate but they are also present all the time, just as Tim's voice charms us once again. The surprise here is that the melancholic sound ends after two minutes when a tense and dark atmosphere appears, with great guitars and without the voice. Here we could appreciate two faces of No-Man in one single track, another great thing!

"Carolina Skeletons" is the first live track included here, this is a song released for the album "Returning Jesus" , this live performance is better than the studio version, with a couple of minutes more of music and with a great violin and guitar playing on stage. The last track is "All the Blue Changes" which I would really like to witness someday in a concert. Bowness and the musicians really connect each other and create a wonderful atmosphere, an ecstasy that the audience surely felt and loved.

This is an excellent EP. I like the decision of combining those three studio tracks with the final two live ones, and well, the title track simply kills me. My personal grade would be four stars, but I believe that objectively it deserves three stars.

Enjoy it!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#487753) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 21, 2011

Post a review of NO-MAN "Wherever There Is Light"