MONUMENT

Proto-Prog

Hansson & Karlsson Monument album cover

Buy HANSSON & KARLSSON Music
Studio Album, released in 1967

1. Richard lionheart (4:17)
2. Triplets (4:54)

Search HANSSON & KARLSSON Monument tabs

- Bo Hansson / organ
- Janne Carlsson / drums

Released by Polydor in 1967 as LPHM46260

Thanks to Frasse for the addition

HANSSON & KARLSSON MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HANSSON & KARLSSON Monument Music

Hansson & Karlsson by Hansson & Karlsson (CD, Mar-1998, Universal Distribution) US $15.35 Buy It Now 9h 43m
HANSSON & KARLSSON - HANSSON & KARLSSON * - NEW CD US $15.29 Buy It Now 19h 37m
HANSSON & KARLSSON - Monument 1967 VINYL LP GTFLD reissue NEW Numbered US $79.85 Buy It Now 22h 55m
Hansson & Karlsson by Hansson & Karlsson (CD, Mar-1998, Universal Distribution) US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
HANSSON & KARLSSON - Man at the moon 1969 VINYL LP GTFLD reissue NEW US $62.87 Buy It Now 7 days
HANSSON & KARLSSON - S/T 557279-2 DIGIPACK CD US $13.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Hansson & Karlsson -Man at the moon - LP - PROG PSYCH - re-issue US $44.99 Buy It Now 9 days
HANSSON & KARLSSON-monument '67 SWEDISH MONO POLYDOR LP ORIG. ORGAN PROG. LISTEN US $104.21 Buy It Now 11 days
HANSSON & KARLSSON - MAN AT THE MOON (06025370260-7) CLASSIC SWEDISH PROG CD US $20.00 Buy It Now 14 days
Hansson & Karlsson - & Karlsson Hansson New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $25.14 Buy It Now 16 days
Hansson & Karlsson - "Man At The Moon" - 2012 US $16.02 Buy It Now 17 days
Hansson & Karlsson - "Monument" - 2012 US $16.02 Buy It Now 17 days
HANSSON & KARLSSON MAN AT THE MOON RARE OOP CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 18 days
HANSSON & KARLSSON Monument 1967 This CD 2012 12trx Universal 06025370207-1 US $14.99 Buy It Now 19 days
HANSSON & KARLSSON Man At The Moon 1969 This CD 2012 12trx Univers 06025370206-7 US $14.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Hansson & Karlsson - Man At The Moon Import-Swe Vinyl Record LP US $56.82 Buy It Now 22 days
HANSSON & KARLSSON-HANSSON & KARLSSON CD NEW US $21.54 Buy It Now 22 days
HANSSON & KARLSSON NEW CD US $23.84 Buy It Now 23 days
Hansson & Karlsson [CD New] US $18.30 Buy It Now 23 days
HANSSON & KARLSSON - MAN AT THE MOON (IMPORT) NEW VINYL US $66.18 Buy It Now 24 days
HANSSON & KARLSSON - MONUMENT (IMPORT) NEW VINYL US $67.79 Buy It Now 26 days
Hansson & Karlsson - Monument Import-Swe Vinyl Record LP US $58.09 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy HANSSON & KARLSSON music online Buy HANSSON & KARLSSON & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HANSSON & KARLSSON DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HANSSON & KARLSSON Monument ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(10%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(40%)

HANSSON & KARLSSON Monument reviews

Review by siLLy puPPy
3 stars This album caught my attention simply because it is listed as the very first progressive rock album on Rate Your Music. I had never heard of this duo before but I was aware of the first half namely Bo Hansson who is most famous for his symphonic prog album "Lord Of The Rings" (Sagan Om Ringen) which was released in both English and Swedish. Although it qualifies as progressive rock under RYM's multi-assigned genre system, I think the folks at ProgArchives rightfully qualify this as a Proto-Prog release since it is literally these two talented musicians and no one else performing on the entirety of this album.

What we have here is simply a very talented jazz drummer Janne Karlsson playing with the symphonic extraordinaire virtuoso keyboardist Bo Hansson who kinda reminds you of the Doors at times. This music is much better than you would think considering it is only two guys playing two instruments throughout the entirety of the album. The first three tracks are actually fairly exciting but where this album begins to wear thin is on the fourth track where it actually reminds me of soap opera music of the 40s and 50s with the tone of the organ. By the time I get to the end of this album I am well over it and end up wishing that this extraordinary duo would have formed a full band because despite it all they create an excellent atmosphere that actually works well as background music. The whole time I listen to this I imagine myself being in some 60s lounge setting sipping some cocktails and only half absorbed into the music itself.

For the reason of an incomplete sound I can only award this album 3 stars, but I do find the first three tracks and the excellent "H.K. Theme" to be worth the price of admission alone. As a musician I also find that because of the "blank canvass" feel to the whole thing that this makes an excellent album to play along with as an improv practice session. As a stand alone piece this is good but not essential but as an intriguing relic of the past this qualifies as a worthy addition to my ever expanding eclectic musical collection.

Send comments to siLLy puPPy (BETA) | Report this review (#1280534) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 20, 2014

Post a review of HANSSON & KARLSSON "Monument"