FINDING MY WAY

- Geddy Lee / bass, vocals
- Alex Lifeson / guitar
- John Rutsey / drums

Mercury, August 1974

7" single, released in the U.S.

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

RUSH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RUSH Finding My Way Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
21122112
Moving PicturesMoving Pictures
Permanent WavesPermanent Waves
Fly By NightFly By Night
Mercury 1997
The Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits 1974-1987The Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits 1974-1987
Mercury 2003
HemispheresHemispheres
SignalsSignals
RushRush
Clockwork AngelsClockwork Angels
Roadrunner Records 2012

More places to buy RUSH music online Buy RUSH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RUSH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RUSH Finding My Way ratings distribution

RUSH Finding My Way reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
2 stars 'Finding My Way' - Rush (Single)

Although Rush have since become one of the biggest bands out there in Prog music, there was a time when they were blues rock above anything else. It was only until Neil Peart entered the band that things started rolling. These two first songs off of Rush's debut show the sort of style that they were into back in their early days. 'Finding My Way' is the obvious winner here, and it's one of the best songs off of the debut. The opening riff is a fantastic way to open up an otherwise weak album. 'Need Some Love' is a bland rock song that clocks just over two minutes that is about all the things you would expect a general classic rock to be about.

Rush really hadn't hit their streak yet, but for someone looking for some good, albeit generic 70's rock, check this out.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#279389) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 25, 2010

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars A single featuring the first decent Rush song, the heavy rocking raucous 'Finding My Way' and a b side 'Need Some Love' that rocks solidly too. The intriguing thing is these songs do not feature on drums Neil Peart, but instead we have John Rutsey ripping the skins off the drums. The result for me is an unfinished band, as Peart really was the ultimate drummer and gave Rush a progressive edge. Lee is screechy and the guitars are heavy but not as virtuoso as Lifeson would eventually develop on subsequent albums. These songs found their way to the "Rush" debut which is a raw heavy bluesy affair with about 3 decent classic songs. One of them is 'Finding My Way'. Overall the single is worth getting on vinyl for its rarity and if you see it, do not leave it sitting there, as it's worth something these days.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#286600) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Post a review of RUSH "Finding My Way"