TITANIC

Studio Album, released in 1970

1. Searchin 7'01"
2. Love is love 4'16"
3. Mary Jane* 4'32"
4. Cry for a Beatle 2'10"
5. Something on my mind 5'47"
6. Firewater 2'39"

- Janne Loseth / Guitar
- Roy Robinson / Vocals

1970 LP (C64104)CBS
2002 CD Repertoire 4909

Thanks to Tuzvihar for the addition
and to marty mcfly for the last updates

TITANIC MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TITANIC Titanic Music

TitanicTitanic
Repertoire 2000
Titanic-Original Broadway CastTitanic-Original Broadway Cast
Bmg Music 1997
Audio Cassette$3.25 (used)
OST RAISE THE TITANIC 45 7inch w/ Picture Sheet Movie JAPAN ISSUE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 51m 7s
ODELEGGER "The Titan's Tomb" LP bilskirnir ildjarn vordr USD $20.73 Buy It Now 57m 10s
James Horner - Titanic [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack cd - fast post USD $4.59 Buy It Now 1h 9m
CARPATHIAN FOREST ?| Through Chasm, Caves And Titan Woods | MAYHEM | BURZUM USD $250.00 Buy It Now 1h 23m
sea wolf Titanic Audio CD USD $12.28 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Titanic: The Ultimate Collection by James Horner (CD, Nov-1997, Sony Music Distr USD $2.00 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Titanic Movie (2006, CD New) USD $4.98 Buy It Now 1h 59m
CD . Countdown Singers . Today's Movie Hits: Titanic . USD $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 7m
SONNY ROLLINS Tenor Titan DOUBLE LP 16 Track Double In Gatefold UK Verve USD $7.66 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Mahler: Symphony No. 1 "Titan", New Music USD $15.56 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Music Of The Titanic Centennial - Arvel Bird (2012, CD New) USD $12.86 Buy It Now 2h 22m
Soundtrack - Titanic [Original Motion Picture] 24HR POST!! USD $6.13 Buy It Now 2h 32m
My Heart Will Go On (Love Theme From Titanic) - Dj Part (CD Used Very Good) CD-R USD $9.19 Buy It Now 2h 52m
My Heart Will Go On (Love Theme From Titanic)-The - Leo (CD Used Very Good) CD-R USD $9.19 Buy It Now 2h 52m
CELINE DION LET'S TALK ABOUT LOVE *** CD **** my heart will go on TITANIC USD $10.01 Buy It Now 4h 15m
Titanic: The Ultimate Collection by James Horner (CD, Nov-1997, Sony Music Distr USD $1.00 Buy It Now 4h 46m
Nel Aspinal - Titanic Days - 1995 Automatik 7 Inch BLUE Vinyl Record NEW USD $2.99 Buy It Now 4h 58m
GARY USHER:Driven Insane 2:43-You're The Girl 2:25-U.S. 7" 1961 Titan Record Co. USD $188.98 Buy It Now 5h
Harry Chapin 6 LP 4 RECORD LOT Legends Of Lost & Found Dance On The Titanic NM USD $54.90 Buy It Now 5h 4m
Mahler - Symphony 1 "titan" on London ffrr mono Kubelik EXC USD $5.00 [0 bids]
Titanic: The Ultimate Collection by James Horner (CD, Nov-1997, Sony Music... USD $0.99 Buy It Now 5h 23m
Gold Award: Titanic by James Horner (CD, Dec-2006, Sony Music FREE SHIPPING USD $5.25 Buy It Now 5h 36m
ELECTRIC COMPANY:Scarey Business 2:45-You Remind Me Of Her 2:10-U.S. 7" Titan USD $184.98 Buy It Now 5h 51m
BRUNO WALTER MAHLER SYMPHONY NO.1 IN D MAJOR, "THE TITAN" SOCF121 LP Ca3297 USD $2.99 [0 bids]
MAHLER GIUSEPPE SINOPOLI "Promo" SYMPHONIE NO.1 DER TITAN A78L3001 OBI LD CB5293 USD $2.99 [0 bids]
Titanic [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] by James horner USD $4.99 Buy It Now 6h
TITANIC-sultana/sing fool sing CBS UK 5365 release1971 USD $2.14 [0 bids]
Mahler: Symphony No. 1 " Titan ", , , New USD $20.47 Buy It Now 8h 19m
Titanic 7" Mexican rare ps 1974 macumba rain 2000 richmond express midnigh USD $59.90 Buy It Now 9h 16m
TITANIC * BOB MARLEY * TONI BRAXTON * REGGAE R&B POP 90'S MUSIC CD LOT USD $4.99 [0 bids]
listen TITANIC - Santa Fe - RARE 45 PROG HARD ROCK NORWAY COSTA RICA PRESS USD $39.99 Buy It Now 10h 19m
listen - TITANIC - Sultana RARE PYSCH PROG HARD ROCK 45RPM COSTA RICA PRESS 1971 USD $39.99 Buy It Now 10h 20m
OST-JAPANESE ANIMATION "ATTACK ON TITAN"-JAPAN CD G88 USD $29.50 Buy It Now 11h 37m
CELINE DION TITANIC NECKLACE MADE BY AVON RARE AND SIGNED ON BOX USD $76.75 [0 bids]
Music From Titanic CD - 1998 - Elap Music USD $10.00 Buy It Now 12h 14m
JAMES HORNER Back To Titanic CD 13 Track EUROPEAN Sony 1998 USD $7.66 Buy It Now 12h 14m
I AM KLOOT Dark Star CD 3 Track B/w To You And Titanic UK We Love You 2000 USD $5.59 Buy It Now 12h 15m
TITAN Corazon CD 3 Track Charlie Rapino Has Spoken Mix Promo B/w Radio Edit And USD $5.59 Buy It Now 12h 32m
TITANIC - THE COMPLETE MUSICAL WORKS S/t CD 24 Track 2 Disc Set UK Dressed To K USD $7.66 Buy It Now 12h 32m
TITAN Corazon CD 3 Track Radio Edit With Info Stickered B/w Charlie Rapino Has USD $3.99 Buy It Now 12h 32m
TITANIC MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE S/t CD 15 Track ARGENTINIAN Sony 1997 USD $9.66 Buy It Now 12h 32m
TITAN Elevator CD 12 Track EUROPEAN Virgin 1999 USD $7.66 Buy It Now 12h 32m
TITANIC MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE S/t CD 15 Track UK ISSUE MADE IN AUSTRIA USD $7.66 Buy It Now 12h 32m
TITAN Elevator CD 12 Track Promo EUROPEAN Virgin 1999 USD $5.59 Buy It Now 12h 32m
TITANIC - A NEW MUSICAL Original Broadway Cast Recording CD 23 Track US Rca Vic USD $9.66 Buy It Now 12h 32m
UDO LINDENBERG "NO PANIC ON THE TITANIC" CD NEW+ USD $25.73 Buy It Now 13h 21m
300000 VK - TITAN, AUDIO CD, SEALED, ELECTRONIC USD $29.00 Buy It Now 13h 54m
SEALED MY HEART WILL GO ON LOVE THEME from TITANIC DANCE MIXES LEANORA DECAPO USD $7.20 [0 bids]
USD $11.00 Buy It Now
Titanic - Sea Wolf CD USD $22.19 Buy It Now 14h 11m
Titanic - Ashes & Diamonds CD USD $16.19 Buy It Now 14h 11m
Titanic - Ballad Of A Rocknroll Loser CD USD $18.69 Buy It Now 14h 13m
Titan Cdr CD Pop Rock USD $17.39 Buy It Now 14h 19m
TITANIC 'Rain 2000' 1972 French 7"/45 rpm vinyl single, VERSION 2 USD $6.13 Buy It Now 14h 51m
Roy Hamilton Orchestra - Music from the Motion Picture 'Titanic' (CD Album) USD $3.76 Buy It Now 14h 53m
PAUL DEE Save Me 12" 3 Track With Titanic Mix Pic Sleeve UK Uro One 1991 USD $5.59 Buy It Now 16h 3m
MICHELLE SHOCKED On The Greener Side 12" 3 Track B/w The Titanic And Old Paint USD $7.66 Buy It Now 16h 3m
TITAN/RED ACID JACK Face 2 Face Ep 12" 4 Track Split 12 Inch 2 Untitled Tracks B USD $7.66 Buy It Now 16h 5m
titanic dts 5.1 very rare celine dion new USD $99.99 Buy It Now 17h
Titanic: The Ultimate Collection by James Horner (CD, Nov-1997, Sony Music... USD $3.00 Buy It Now 17h 13m
Soundtrack - Titanic (1997) VG+/VG+ USD $6.29 Buy It Now 18h 29m
Titanic: The Ultimate Collection by James Horner (CD, Nov-1997, Sony Music Distr USD $7.50 Buy It Now 18h 50m
Titanic: Music from the Motion Picture - James Horner (CD, Sony) Celine Dion USD $0.99 Buy It Now 19h 17m
Leonardo DiCaprio Album All for One 90's Taiwan Ed.Gold OST CD Iron Mask Titanic USD $27.99 Buy It Now 19h 17m
LP VINYL + BOOK SILVERIO.- ESCLAVO ZOE CAIFANES TITAN TELEFUNKA NORTEC USD $28.00 Buy It Now 19h 21m
Titanic: The Ultimate Collection by James Horner (CD, Nov-1997, Sony Music... USD $5.00 Buy It Now 19h 24m
TITANIC RETURN OF DRAKKAR El regreso de Drakkar ARGENTINA LP free shipping USD $98.83 Buy It Now 19h 29m
2 Cassette Tapes Diana Candle In the Wind & Titanic USD $6.50 Buy It Now 20h 14m
Titanic: The Ultimate Collection by James Horner (CD, Nov-1997, Sony Music... USD $3.99 Buy It Now 20h 17m
Chick Flick Soundtrack Bundle - 10 Pack-Dirty Dancing,Titanic, Beaches Etc USD $10.93 Buy It Now 21h 17m
SWEET SOUL EDDIE AND THE RAYS One and one makes three TITAN LISTEN USD $120.00 Buy It Now 21h 25m
Robin Gibb - Titanic Requiem NEW CD USD $16.24 Buy It Now 21h 41m
Newspaper Clipping : Arnett Cobb : Texas tenor titan USD $9.21 Buy It Now 21h 42m
CARPATHIAN FOREST Through Chasm, Caves And Titan Woods LP Norwegian black metal USD $24.98 Buy It Now 22h
Symphony No.1:Titan G. Mahler Audio CD USD $29.23 Buy It Now 22h 8m
I Salonisti Play Film Music from Titanic, Casablanca, Godfather (CD, 1999, Sony) USD $3.00 Buy It Now 22h 21m
Bird,Arvel - Music Of The Titanic Centennial [CD New] USD $12.46 Buy It Now 22h 24m
TITANIC Macumba RARE URUGUAY HARD ROCK 7" USD $50.00 Buy It Now 22h 43m
Jazz SONNY ROLLINS Tenor Titan 2LPs NM! UK EB382 USD $21.99 Buy It Now 22h 50m
Titanic A New Musical (Cassette 1997 RCA/BMG) Broadway Musical Soundtrack USD $9.49 Buy It Now 22h 51m
SEPTIC FLESH -TITAN-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F04 USD $22.99 Buy It Now 23h 26m
Power metal cd SCREAMER title: TARGET EARTH Titan force Sanctuary Warlord USD $0.01 [1 bids]
TITANIC ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST CD 1997 SUPER HOT CLASSIC! USD $9.99 Buy It Now 23h 33m
the starlight orchestra film hits from titanic Mint Condition W/ FREE SHIPPING ! USD $7.99 [0 bids]
Titanic: The Ultimate Collection by James Horner-CD, Nov-1997, Sony Music Distr USD $1.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Titanic Love Affair USD $1.01 Buy It Now 1 day
JAG PANZER AMPLE DESTRUCTION LP 1990 METALCORE manowar virgin steele titan force USD $54.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Septicflesh - Titan CD Box Set New Import LTD Behemoth Rotting Christ Belphegor USD $100.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Titanic: The Ultimate Collection by James Horner (CD) Rose, Leaving Port *READ* USD $8.06 Buy It Now 1 day
BRUNO WALTER MAHLER SYMPHONY NO. 1 IN D MAJOR THE TITAN MS6394 LP Cd6349 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
MAURY YESTON TITANIC A NEW MUSICAL CD USD $3.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Zubin Mehta/MAHLER/Israel Phil - Symphony No 1 THE TITAN London CS7004 SEALED LP USD $9.99 [1 bids]
The Spirit Of The Titanic - Featuring 17 Memorable Recordings CD cdb4963 USD $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
My Heart Will Go On (Love Theme From Titanic)-The - Leonora (2013, CD New) CD-R USD $9.55 Buy It Now 1 day
The New Millennium chorus and Symphony Orchestra : Titanic Ship of Dreams (UK Im USD $4.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Unknown Artist Mahler Symphony No. 1 "Titan" CD USD $5.22 Buy It Now 1 day
James Horner : Titanic : Music from the Motion Picture CD (2002) USD $3.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Titan : Elevator CD (2000) USD $3.71 Buy It Now 1 day
Various : Titanic - A Tribute CD (2005) USD $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Titanic: The Last Voyage CD USD $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Unknown Artist Mahler: Symphony No. 1 "Titan" CD USD $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy TITANIC music online Buy TITANIC & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TITANIC DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TITANIC Titanic ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(28%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(50%)

TITANIC Titanic reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
5 stars This is a very special album for me. I purchased it 1971. In those days, I got acquainted with one of their hit singles ''Sultana'' (actually it was a B-side but I'll discuss this in the review of their second album).

I was so in love with this single that I bought their debut album, and I was quite impressed.

The fantastic opener ''Searchin'' is the first jewel available. It is the archetype of a strong heavy-prog track. The work on the organ is fabulous and is only shy of Lord or Hensley. (but not too much). Also to be noticed is the excellent percussion work (but this is another asset of ''Titanic'').

The heavy and psychedelic mood goes on with another winner: ''Love Is Love''. It is again a very powerful and dynamic song. Just listen to the superb bass/drums section. Absolutely brilliant. This really kicks ass my prog friends. The second highlight.

''Titanic'' has also released some wonderful prog-rock ballads like ''Mary Jane''. It is quite amazing to see that the arrangements were signed William Sheller (a popular French singer but almost unknown in those times). It is a romantic keyboards-oriented song with a catchy melody but there's also a sad side to it. This album is really excellent so far.

''Titanic'' is probably paying tribute to the Fab Four with ''Cry For A Beatle''. Vaguely jazzy and intending to be melodic. It is funny but can't be considered as a great track.

The B-side of the vinyl opens with the heaviest song from this work: ''Something On My Mind''. Almost doom intro, but of course what categorizes this band is the use of the heavy organ. It is also the occasion for the band to integrate a more guitar-oriented track (the first one so far). Not for delicate ears to say the least. But I bloody like it.

The next couple of songs (short ones) are a little weak in comparison. Too much brass in here for ''Firewater'' and a old fashioned sound for the heavy-psych ''Schizmatic Mind''. None of these songs are bad but they just don't play in the same league than the other pieces.

Now. ''La pièce maîtresse'' as far as I'm concerned. The wonderful ''I See No Reason'' clocking at over eight minutes. It starts as a heavy-rock ballad (again organ and bass are all mighty) and it slowly offers a wonderful crescendo part full of soooooo pleasant keys as well as nice backing vocals. It speeds up to offer the most emotional guitar solo from the whole album (and probably from their entire discography). It is an excellent moment of heavy prog music. The fourth highlight. It was the closing number of the original album.

The CD version offers both songs from their hit single: ''Half Bread'' and ''Santa Fe''.

Both sides of the band are represented here: the melodic and rock ballad-oriented with enjoyable keyboards for the former (which was the B-side) and the punchy and very much percussion (''Santana'') oriented ''Santa Fe''. The extravagant beat is really kicking and the sound is pretty similar to the one of ''Sultana''. But that's another story.

I'm really pleased that ''Titanic'' has been added to PA. They fully deserve it (but maybe in another category). If you're in for Purple, Heep, Atomic Rooster etc. I highly recommend this very good album.

Now, in terms of rating: the original certainly deserves four stars. Since the CD is enhanced with two very good tracks I would say that nine out of ten is accurate. And for the emotional moment I've just had, I rate this debut ''Titanic'' album with five stars.

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Unfortunately, I don't have any childhood memories for this album, nor I know much about it. I just seemed like a good deal. And don't take me bad, it's not bad music, actually, I quite enjoy it. There are negatives, of course, like it's still "proto", finding of themselves and music path they'll take and also drumming on first two songs seems annoying to my ears (maybe it's just me). It's driven by lazy drumming, but most importantly, ever-present organ. It's exactly the sound you'll expect in a band from this era. Melodic, sometimes (never disharmonic).

4(-), typical band to be honest. Think of for example "Rare Bird" here. There's for sure history connected with them. I read it on few pages around the internet, but I'm not eye witness, just a young guy who stumbled over this. "I see no reason, I see no reason".

Review by stefro
3 stars Thanks to the catchy, Santana-styled hit single 'Sultana', history has cast the heavy Anglo-Norwegian outfit Titanic - vocalist Roy Robinson, guitarist Janne Loseth, organist Kenny Aas, bassist Kjell Asperud and drummer John Lorck - as something of a one-hit-wonder; a quick glance at the group's career suggests otherwise. Formed in 1969, Titanic have actually enjoyed a pretty solid career, personified by an initial nine-year run of writing, recording and touring that produced six studio albums. Whilst many will remember Titanic for 'Sultana's jangly rhythms(which, incredibly, reached no.5 on the UK singles chart) Titanic also managed to issue a series of albums that mixed heavy rock power, psychedelic arrangements and bluesy organ riffs, a run initiated by 1970's powerful debut and eventually ended with the 1979 album 'Eye Of The Hurricane'. Though true commercial success always seemed to elude them, Titanic have always enjoyed a small-but-loyal international fanbase which has since seen them re-form twice, initially with 1991's cunningly-titled 'Lower The Atlantic', and then once again with 2008's 'Diamonds & Ashes'. However, for the true Titanic experience, it is this eponymous debut from 1970 that one must seek out. Originally issued by CBS before finally receiving a proper remastering for Repertoire Records excellent 2002 CD reissue, 'Titanic' ties bruisingly heavy guitar-and- organ interplay, pounding percussion, and yearning melodies into a hard 'n' bluesy acid-rock concoction brushed with a slight pop-sike hue. The chugging, seven-minute opener 'Searchin', the percussion-heavy assault of the album highlight 'Something On My Mind' and 'I See No Reason's imperious riffing are exactly what Titanic are about; powerful drums backing crushingly-heavy blues-based riffs and juicy organ runs. Add the gruff vocals of Englishman Roy Robinson and you have Titanic at their youthful best. Elsewhere, though, you will find surprises. The pretty, piano-led semi-ballad 'Mary Jane' with its orchestral backing and sentimental tone proves a real departure, making for a slightly awkward stylistic shift, whilst the Fab Four homage 'Cry For A Beatle' exhibits a light and hazy psychedelic-pop vibe. Most bizarre of all, however, is the big band-and-jazz fashioned bop-rock of 'Firewater', a brassy, two-and-a-half-minute sub-'Sultana' cut that sports a slight Chicago shade and a very abrupt ending. STEFAN TURNER, STOKE NEWINGTON, 2013

4 stars Zowie and Ivan like me are fans.Great reviews and thanks,and I will just add a little more.Norwegian Titanic were a great band with great musicians. Like Tasavallan Presidentti and Wigwam from Finland,Lake from Germany and Culpeper's Orchard from Denmark,they had an English singer/lyricist.I guess ... (read more)

Report this review (#449475) | Posted by gr8dane | Wednesday, May 18, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TITANIC "Titanic"