TITANIC

Studio Album, released in 1970

1. Searchin 7'01"
2. Love is love 4'16"
3. Mary Jane* 4'32"
4. Cry for a Beatle 2'10"
5. Something on my mind 5'47"
6. Firewater 2'39"

- Janne Loseth / Guitar
- Roy Robinson / Vocals

1970 LP (C64104)CBS
2002 CD Repertoire 4909

Thanks to Tuzvihar for the addition
and to marty mcfly for the last updates

TITANIC MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TITANIC Titanic Music

Titanic-Original Broadway CastTitanic-Original Broadway Cast
Bmg Music 1997
Audio Cassette$210.42
TitanicTitanic
Repertoire 2000

The Titanic: The Library of Congress Recordings, Vol. 4, New Music USD $13.03 Buy It Now 35m 8s
Gary Charlson Real Life Saver / Not the Way it Seems 7" 45 Titan Power Pop USD $14.98 Buy It Now 38m 13s
Titanic: The Ultimate Collection by James Horner (CD, Nov-1997, Sony Music Di... USD $5.42 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Gustav MAHLER: Symphony #1 ("Titan"), Adagio from Symphony #10 oop MEHTA / SZELL USD $3.90 [1 bids]
Leonora Decapo - My Heart Will Go On (Love Theme From Titanic)-The CD- [CD New] USD $11.42 Buy It Now 1h 38m
BIRTH CONTROL TITANIC LP 1978 METRONOME BRAIN 0060.149 prog german vinyl rare! USD $59.00 Buy It Now 1h 49m
THOR-ABLES on Titanic -BATMAN & ROBIN- R&B Uptempo Doo Wop 7" 45 ORIGINAL USD $70.00 [9 bids]
Titanic Music From The Motion Picture CD USD $22.27 Buy It Now 2h 2m
SAWANO-ATTACK ON TITAN CD NEW USD $23.65 Buy It Now 3h 3m
Complete Demon & Titan Masters by Jody Reynolds (CD, May-2016, Ace (Label)) USD $7.81 Buy It Now 3h 20m
MAHLER SYMPHONY # 1 "THE TITAN". BRUNO WALTER; COLUMBIA/ODYSSEY STEREO USD $6.00 Buy It Now 3h 42m
Comfy Chair Party On The Titanic -New CD MINT- Flaming Pie FP6301 US 1997 USD $2.99 Buy It Now 6h 11m
Serrat & Sabina La Orquesta del Titanic CD Caja de carton New Nuevo sealed USD $16.99 Buy It Now 6h 43m
CD Album Titanic : Music from the Motion Picture [Soundtrack] OST James Horner USD $1.96 Buy It Now 6h 47m
Complete Demon & Titan Masters - Jody Reynolds (CD Used Very Good) USD $10.29 Buy It Now 6h 53m
Jody Reynolds - Complete Demon & Titan Masters [CD New] USD $16.19 Buy It Now 7h 10m
@ CD THE MEGAPHONES - S/T RARE DANISH AOR / WESTCOAST - TITANIC 1996 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 7h 49m
Titanic: Music from the Motion Picture by James Horner, Celine Dion USD $4.97 Buy It Now 8h 7m
DYNAZTY-TITANIC MASS-JAPAN BONUS TRACK F83 USD $29.50 Buy It Now 8h 38m
XStatic Pro Lighting TITAN RGB LED Moon flower Lighting Effect USD $69.99 Buy It Now 8h 45m
SEPTIC FLESH TITAN CD NEW USD $6.03 Buy It Now 9h 32m
JONA LEWIE - RE-ARRANGING THE DECKCHAIRS ON THE TITANIC - PS - 80's USD $5.25 Buy It Now 10h 4m
Gavin Bryars The Sinking Of The Titanic LP UK Obscure obscure no. 1 USD $249.99 [0 bids]
Titanic Motion Picture Soundtrack 1997 Edition CD. USD $12.00 Buy It Now 10h 55m
Titanic: Music from the Motion Picture (1997), , New Soundtrack USD $12.48 Buy It Now 10h 55m
Titanic Music From The Motion Picture CD 1997 Leonardo DiCaprio Celine Dion Rose USD $5.19 Buy It Now 11h 21m
Zubin MEHTA Mahler No 1 Titan '76 CS 7004 London FFRR Audiophile SEALED MINT New USD $20.00 Buy It Now 11h 27m
Various Artists - Music From the Titanic - Various Artists CD LUVG USD $7.02 Buy It Now 11h 37m
Jpt Scare Band - Acid Acetate Excursion & Rape Of The Titan's Siren [Vinyl New] USD $30.06 Buy It Now 11h 56m
Harry Chapin - Dance On The Titanic - 8 Track Tape - PLAY TESTED USD $1.94 Buy It Now 12h 2m
SALLY HARMON Heart of the Movies (New Age Piano CD) Toy Story*Anastasia*Titanic USD $3.92 Buy It Now 12h 51m
USED (LN) Music Aboard The Titanic (1998) (Audio CD) USD $8.36 Buy It Now 12h 54m
Sinking of the Titanic - Gavin Bryars Compact Disc USD $16.69 Buy It Now 13h 9m
Titanic: Music from the Motion Picture James Horner (CD, Nov-1997, Sony Music) USD $4.49 Buy It Now 13h 46m
Attack on Titan - Original soundtrack Audio CD USD $17.82 Buy It Now 13h 54m
Titan A.E. by Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (CD, Jun-2000, Capitol) USD $17.95 Buy It Now 14h 3m
Titanic: Original Motion Pictu - James Horner (NEW 2CD) USD $8.86 Buy It Now 14h 29m
Kirsty MacColl-Titanic Days CD NEW USD $15.39 Buy It Now 14h 48m
Back to Titanic [SOUNDTRACK], , Very Good Soundtrack USD $1.83 Buy It Now 15h 4m
The Music of Peter Boyer: Celebration Overture, Titanic, Three Olympians for St USD $12.93 Buy It Now 15h 11m
Harry Chapin, Dance Band on the Titanic, 1977 , Elektra, 8 Track Tape, Tested USD $9.99 Buy It Now 15h 35m
KISS PATROL Midnight In Moscow 7" VINYL B/W Hit And Run (Son2211) UK Titanic USD $5.51 Buy It Now 15h 47m
TITANIC (70'S ROCK GROUP) Sing Fool Sing 7" VINYL 4 Pronged Label Design But USD $5.51 Buy It Now 15h 56m
Titan (3) - Dismember / Major Third 12", W/Lbl, Promo, Sta USD $2.63 Buy It Now 16h 5m
SAILOR Danger On The Titanic 7" VINYL Promo B/W Starlight (Crba1110) UK Caribou USD $6.56 Buy It Now 16h 24m
11 Classical Music CD Lot Hits Mozart Beethoven Mantovani Collection Titanic USD $24.99 Buy It Now 16h 25m
NINE NINE NINE 999 - FEELIN ALRIGHT WITH THE CREW / TITANIC 3 TRACK ** EX USD $9.21 Buy It Now 16h 42m
I SALONISTI**AND THE BAND PLAYED ON: MUSIC PLAYED ON THE TITANIC**CD USD $5.95 Buy It Now 17h
JONA LEWIE Re-Arranging The Deck Chairs On The Titanic 7" VINYL B/w I'll Be USD $10.31 Buy It Now 17h 24m
TITAN (ROCK) Imaginary Lady 7" VINYL B/W Tooty Flutey (Aft09) Slight Ringwear USD $36.55 Buy It Now 17h 24m
TITAN (DANCE) Corazon CD 3 Track Radio Edit With Info Stickered B/W Charlie USD $2.76 Buy It Now 17h 29m
TITAN (DANCE) Elevator CD 12 Track Promo (Cdvirdj104) European Virgin USD $4.13 Buy It Now 17h 29m
TITAN (DANCE) Corazon CD 3 Track Charlie Rapino Has Spoken Mix Promo B/W Radio USD $4.13 Buy It Now 17h 29m
Titanic Music From The Motion Picture Composed Conducted by James Horner CD NEW! USD $9.95 Buy It Now 17h 32m
TITANIC - THE COMPLETE MUSICAL WORKS S/T CD 24 Track 2 Disc Set (Aop190) UK USD $6.56 Buy It Now 17h 33m
JAMES HORNER Back To Titanic CD 13 Track (Sk60691) European Sony USD $6.56 Buy It Now 17h 33m
TITANIC AND 23 OTHER UNSINKABLE SAX BLASTERS Various CD 24 Track (Wesm539) UK USD $8.93 Buy It Now 17h 33m
I AM KLOOT Dark Star CD 3 Track B/W To You And Titanic (Amour9D) UK We Love You USD $4.13 Buy It Now 17h 33m
TITANIC MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE S/T CD 15 Track (Sk63213) UK Issue Made USD $6.56 Buy It Now 17h 34m
TITAN (DANCE) Elevator CD 12 Track (Cdvir104) European Virgin USD $6.56 Buy It Now 17h 34m
TITANIC MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE S/T CD 15 Track (Sk63213) Argentinian Sony USD $6.56 Buy It Now 17h 34m
BIG DADDY & THE TITANIC SURVIVORS - WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED 7" VINYL USD $8.53 Buy It Now 17h 54m
Gavin Bryars ?- The Sinking Of The Titanic Les Disques Du Crépuscule ?CD USD $11.82 Buy It Now 18h 9m
New: 50x FILM CLASSICS-Classical Soundtrack (Star Wars,Titanic,& More!) 3 CD SET USD $9.98 Buy It Now 18h 24m
James Horner - Titanic [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (Original Soundtrack USD $1.30 [0 bids]
Titanic [Music from the Motion Picture] by James Horner (Cassette, Nov-1997) USD $3.99 Buy It Now 18h 38m
Harry Chapin, Dance Band On The Titanic, Elektra Butterfly label, with insert USD $3.93 [0 bids]
Symphony No. 1 ''Titan'' [Thierry Fischer, Utah Symphony] [REFERENCE RECORDINGS: USD $20.69 Buy It Now 18h 57m
Titanic: Music from the Motion Picture by James Horner, Celine Dion USD $4.97 Buy It Now 19h 4m
Under A Titan Sky - Sworn Amongst 7340142900114 (CD Used Very Good) USD $10.61 Buy It Now 19h 7m
OST RAISE THE TITANIC 45 7inch w/ Picture Sheet Movie JAPAN ISSUE USD $15.99 Buy It Now 19h 8m
TITAN FORCE s/t debut CD 1989 MEGA RARE OOP ORIG 1st PRESS U.S. METAL RECORDS!!! USD $79.99 Buy It Now 19h 21m
Titanic Sing Fool Sing / Sultana CBS ?- 5365 UK 7" Vinyl 45 single USD $22.58 [0 bids]
James Horner - Titanic [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack cd - fast post USD $3.93 Buy It Now 19h 26m
THE SPIRIT OF THE TITANIC - VARIOUS ARTISTS.. [ CD ALBUM - 1998 ].... USD $0.33 [1 bids]
7 Motion Picture Soundtrack Lot.Titanic.Fantasia.Forrest Gump.Maverick+3.9-Discs USD $34.99 Buy It Now 19h 53m
sea wolf Titanic Audio CD USD $12.12 Buy It Now 19h 55m
Titanic: Music from the Motion Picture USD $4.99 Buy It Now 20h 2m
7 Motion Picture Soundtrack Lot.Titanic.Fantasia.Forrest Gump.Maverick+3.9-Discs USD $49.99 Buy It Now 20h 19m
JAG PANZER AMPLE DESTRUCTION LP MEGA RARE METALCORE EDITION titan force hammeron USD $15.50 [7 bids]
JAG PANZER THE FOURTH JUDGEMENT LP MEGA RARE 1st EDITION titan force hammeron USD $35.00 [6 bids]
HARRY CHAPIN DANCE BAND ON THE TITANIC RARE 1970'S UK VINYL 2LP SET+INSERT* NMV USD $19.66 Buy It Now 20h 46m
Love at Sea - Ray Hamilton Orchestra (CD 1998) - SEALED - Titanic/Ocean Liners USD $1.99 Buy It Now 20h 48m
Soundtrack - Titanic [Original Motion Picture] 24HR POST!! USD $5.25 Buy It Now 20h 49m
Music from An Age of.., Titanic, Good Soundtrack USD $5.51 Buy It Now 20h 49m
My Heart Will Go On (Love Theme From Titanic) - Dj Part (CD Used Very Good) CD-R USD $8.12 Buy It Now 21h 9m
My Heart Will Go On (Love Theme From Titanic)-The - Leo (CD Used Very Good) CD-R USD $8.12 Buy It Now 21h 9m
TITAN/RED ACID JACK Face 2 Face EP 12" VINYL 4 Track Split 12 Inch 2 Untitled USD $6.56 Buy It Now 21h 13m
MICHELLE SHOCKED On The Greener Side 12" VINYL 3 Track B/W The Titanic And Old USD $6.56 Buy It Now 21h 13m
PAUL DEE Save Me 12" VINYL 3 Track With Titanic Mix (Urot1) Pic Sleeve UK Uro USD $4.13 Buy It Now 21h 13m
KENNY G-MY HEART WILL GO ON(LOVE THEME FROM TITANIC)-PROMO CD SINGLE/90S/POP USD $1.30 [0 bids]
Mahler- Symphonie Nr. 1 " Der Titan By Various Artists USD $1.95 Buy It Now 21h 21m
Back to Titanic (1998) Disc & insert only USD $2.30 Buy It Now 21h 25m
Bonnet - In Memoriam Titanic and other Organ Works Audio CD USD $20.69 Buy It Now 21h 26m
Dynazty - Titanic Mass USD $22.99 Buy It Now 21h 43m
Titan: It's All Pop! (CD Used Very Good) USD $23.07 Buy It Now 22h 11m
DAVID BOWIE Hunky Dory LP VINYL 11 Track Orange Label Issue With Titanic Music USD $62.79 Buy It Now 22h 13m
NEW! SEALED! TITAN A.E. CD ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SCORE SOUNDTRACK FREE SHIP AE USD $19.95 Buy It Now 22h 55m
New Live Action Attack on Titan Shingeki no Kyojin Original Soundtrack CD Japan USD $45.00 Buy It Now 23h 2m
THE ESSENTIAL TITANIC CD USD $1.15 Buy It Now 23h 9m

More places to buy TITANIC music online Buy TITANIC & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TITANIC DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TITANIC Titanic ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(26%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(57%)

TITANIC Titanic reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
5 stars This is a very special album for me. I purchased it 1971. In those days, I got acquainted with one of their hit singles ''Sultana'' (actually it was a B-side but I'll discuss this in the review of their second album).

I was so in love with this single that I bought their debut album, and I was quite impressed.

The fantastic opener ''Searchin'' is the first jewel available. It is the archetype of a strong heavy-prog track. The work on the organ is fabulous and is only shy of Lord or Hensley. (but not too much). Also to be noticed is the excellent percussion work (but this is another asset of ''Titanic'').

The heavy and psychedelic mood goes on with another winner: ''Love Is Love''. It is again a very powerful and dynamic song. Just listen to the superb bass/drums section. Absolutely brilliant. This really kicks ass my prog friends. The second highlight.

''Titanic'' has also released some wonderful prog-rock ballads like ''Mary Jane''. It is quite amazing to see that the arrangements were signed William Sheller (a popular French singer but almost unknown in those times). It is a romantic keyboards-oriented song with a catchy melody but there's also a sad side to it. This album is really excellent so far.

''Titanic'' is probably paying tribute to the Fab Four with ''Cry For A Beatle''. Vaguely jazzy and intending to be melodic. It is funny but can't be considered as a great track.

The B-side of the vinyl opens with the heaviest song from this work: ''Something On My Mind''. Almost doom intro, but of course what categorizes this band is the use of the heavy organ. It is also the occasion for the band to integrate a more guitar-oriented track (the first one so far). Not for delicate ears to say the least. But I bloody like it.

The next couple of songs (short ones) are a little weak in comparison. Too much brass in here for ''Firewater'' and a old fashioned sound for the heavy-psych ''Schizmatic Mind''. None of these songs are bad but they just don't play in the same league than the other pieces.

Now. ''La pièce maîtresse'' as far as I'm concerned. The wonderful ''I See No Reason'' clocking at over eight minutes. It starts as a heavy-rock ballad (again organ and bass are all mighty) and it slowly offers a wonderful crescendo part full of soooooo pleasant keys as well as nice backing vocals. It speeds up to offer the most emotional guitar solo from the whole album (and probably from their entire discography). It is an excellent moment of heavy prog music. The fourth highlight. It was the closing number of the original album.

The CD version offers both songs from their hit single: ''Half Bread'' and ''Santa Fe''.

Both sides of the band are represented here: the melodic and rock ballad-oriented with enjoyable keyboards for the former (which was the B-side) and the punchy and very much percussion (''Santana'') oriented ''Santa Fe''. The extravagant beat is really kicking and the sound is pretty similar to the one of ''Sultana''. But that's another story.

I'm really pleased that ''Titanic'' has been added to PA. They fully deserve it (but maybe in another category). If you're in for Purple, Heep, Atomic Rooster etc. I highly recommend this very good album.

Now, in terms of rating: the original certainly deserves four stars. Since the CD is enhanced with two very good tracks I would say that nine out of ten is accurate. And for the emotional moment I've just had, I rate this debut ''Titanic'' album with five stars.

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Unfortunately, I don't have any childhood memories for this album, nor I know much about it. I just seemed like a good deal. And don't take me bad, it's not bad music, actually, I quite enjoy it. There are negatives, of course, like it's still "proto", finding of themselves and music path they'll take and also drumming on first two songs seems annoying to my ears (maybe it's just me). It's driven by lazy drumming, but most importantly, ever-present organ. It's exactly the sound you'll expect in a band from this era. Melodic, sometimes (never disharmonic).

4(-), typical band to be honest. Think of for example "Rare Bird" here. There's for sure history connected with them. I read it on few pages around the internet, but I'm not eye witness, just a young guy who stumbled over this. "I see no reason, I see no reason".

Review by stefro
3 stars Thanks to the catchy, Santana-styled hit single 'Sultana', history has cast the heavy Anglo-Norwegian outfit Titanic - vocalist Roy Robinson, guitarist Janne Loseth, organist Kenny Aas, bassist Kjell Asperud and drummer John Lorck - as something of a one-hit-wonder; a quick glance at the group's career suggests otherwise. Formed in 1969, Titanic have actually enjoyed a pretty solid career, personified by an initial nine-year run of writing, recording and touring that produced six studio albums. Whilst many will remember Titanic for 'Sultana's jangly rhythms(which, incredibly, reached no.5 on the UK singles chart) Titanic also managed to issue a series of albums that mixed heavy rock power, psychedelic arrangements and bluesy organ riffs, a run initiated by 1970's powerful debut and eventually ended with the 1979 album 'Eye Of The Hurricane'. Though true commercial success always seemed to elude them, Titanic have always enjoyed a small-but-loyal international fanbase which has since seen them re-form twice, initially with 1991's cunningly-titled 'Lower The Atlantic', and then once again with 2008's 'Diamonds & Ashes'. However, for the true Titanic experience, it is this eponymous debut from 1970 that one must seek out. Originally issued by CBS before finally receiving a proper remastering for Repertoire Records excellent 2002 CD reissue, 'Titanic' ties bruisingly heavy guitar-and- organ interplay, pounding percussion, and yearning melodies into a hard 'n' bluesy acid-rock concoction brushed with a slight pop-sike hue. The chugging, seven-minute opener 'Searchin', the percussion-heavy assault of the album highlight 'Something On My Mind' and 'I See No Reason's imperious riffing are exactly what Titanic are about; powerful drums backing crushingly-heavy blues-based riffs and juicy organ runs. Add the gruff vocals of Englishman Roy Robinson and you have Titanic at their youthful best. Elsewhere, though, you will find surprises. The pretty, piano-led semi-ballad 'Mary Jane' with its orchestral backing and sentimental tone proves a real departure, making for a slightly awkward stylistic shift, whilst the Fab Four homage 'Cry For A Beatle' exhibits a light and hazy psychedelic-pop vibe. Most bizarre of all, however, is the big band-and-jazz fashioned bop-rock of 'Firewater', a brassy, two-and-a-half-minute sub-'Sultana' cut that sports a slight Chicago shade and a very abrupt ending. STEFAN TURNER, STOKE NEWINGTON, 2013

4 stars Zowie and Ivan like me are fans.Great reviews and thanks,and I will just add a little more.Norwegian Titanic were a great band with great musicians. Like Tasavallan Presidentti and Wigwam from Finland,Lake from Germany and Culpeper's Orchard from Denmark,they had an English singer/lyricist.I guess ... (read more)

Report this review (#449475) | Posted by gr8dane | Wednesday, May 18, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TITANIC "Titanic"