FREE ME

- Ken Hensley / keyboard, guitars, vocals
- Lee Kerslake / drums, vocals
- Trevor Bolder / bass

Bronze BRO 47, UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

URIAH HEEP MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy URIAH HEEP Free Me Music

URIAH HEEP-FREE ME/MASQUERADE-RARE ORIGINAL YUGOSLAV PS 7" 45rpm 1977 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP - FREE ME Very rare 1977 german 7" P/S Single Release! USD $6.75 Buy It Now 2 days
Uriah Heep - Free Me (CD) USD $4.35 Buy It Now 4 days
Uriah Heep GER 7" w pic/slv "Free Me" USD $5.00 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP-"Free Me" orig. 1977 Aust. 45 BRONZE USD $1.49 [0 bids]
URIAH HEEP-FREE ME/MASQUERADE-ORIGINAL AUSTRIAN PS 45rpm 1977-BRONZE 11650AT USD $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
URIAH HEEP - FREE ME 7" USD $7.26 Buy It Now 6 days
URIAH HEEP - FREE ME 7" # USD $3.62 Buy It Now 6 days
URIAH HEEP FREE ME/MASQUERADE 1977 RARE EXYU 7"PS USD $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
URIAH HEEP FREE ME/MASQUERADE 1977 RARE GERMAN 7" PS USD $16.24 Buy It Now 6 days
Uriah Heep-Free Me 7" USD $2.18 Buy It Now 7 days
URIAH HEEP (7") FREE ME / MASQUERADE [GERMAN BRONZE 1977 PS *45RPM*] USD $6.95 Buy It Now 9 days
Uriah Heep "Free Me" Classic Hit Oz 7" USD $6.00 Buy It Now 12 days
URIAH HEEP FREE ME / MASQUERADE GERMAN 7" P/S BRONZE 1977 PROG ROCK USD $7.26 Buy It Now 12 days
URIAH HEEP-FREE ME/MASQUERADE-RARE ORIGINAL YUGOSLAV PRESSING PS 45rpm 7" 1977 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 13 days
URIAH HEEP Free Me P-244B JAPAN 7" 127az36 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 17 days
URIAH HEEP FREE ME / MASQUERADE , PS 7", YUGOSLAVIA USD $8.00 Buy It Now 18 days
URIAH HEEP - FREE ME 7" VINYL USD $6.53 Buy It Now 22 days
URIAH HEEP "FREE ME" / "MASQUERADE" 7 INCH 45 1977 USD $4.88 Buy It Now 22 days
RARE Uriah Heep Free Me Australian pressing 45 record on Bronze 1977 USD $14.97 Buy It Now 23 days
Uriah Heep - Feelings.Born Hurt.Free Me. Rockarama.Sympathy.Love Stealer 7" + USD $43.63 Buy It Now 24 days
URIAH HEEP 7"PS German 1977 Free me USD $7.00 Buy It Now 24 days
URIAH HEEP FREE ME/MASQUERADE GERMAN PICTURE SLEEVE BRONZE 11650 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 25 days
MADE IN Germany URIAH HEEP cd BEST OF stealin' EASY LIVIN' gypsy WIZARD free me USD $13.00 Buy It Now 26 days
URIAH HEEP - FREE ME / MASQUERADE, YUGOSLAVIAN 7" SINGLE USD $12.00 Buy It Now 26 days
URIAH HEEP - FREE ME RARE YUGO PRESS 7"PS 1977 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 26 days
URIAH HEEP Free me 7" GERMANY ROCK METAL USD $5.08 Buy It Now 29 days
URIAH HEEP " FREE ME / MASQUERADE " 1970s ROCK 45 ON BRONZE USD $2.99 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy URIAH HEEP music online Buy URIAH HEEP & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for URIAH HEEP DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

URIAH HEEP Free Me ratings distribution

URIAH HEEP Free Me reviews

Review by Guillermo
3 stars I think that the first time that I listened to URIAH HEEP was in the mid seventies with their albums "Very `Eavy, Very `Umble", "Demons and Wizards" and "The Magician`s Birthday". By late 1977 I also listened to their "Live 1973" album, a great album which I still consider as one of the best live albums from all time. But also by late 1977 or in early 1978 I listened to "Free Me" being played in some radio stations of my city. I was surprised with the changes in sound by this band by then. I really did not like this song then.

"Free Me" is a song played with acoustic guitars, a lead guitar, a powerful lead vocal part sung by John Lawton, bass guitar, drums and backing vocals. It sounds like a Pop Rock ballad in musical style. With the passing of time I now think that the song is not bad but by 1977 the band was really changing their sound in comparison with their early seventies albums which they recorded with lead singer David Byron. But at least they replaced Byron with a very good lead singer who sometimes sounds a bit like Byron.

"Masquerade" in the "B" side is more in a Hard Rock musical style. It sounds more related to their original sound and maybe it is a better song than "Free Me". In this song I can hear some of the similarities between Lawton`s vocals and Byron`s vocals. So, some of the old fans of the band were not missing in some way the "old" URIAH HEEP`s musical style and sound.

Both songs in this single were composed by Ken Hensley who during his time with the band was the main songwriter.

Post a review of URIAH HEEP "Free Me"