MY APOCALYPSE

- Kirk Hammett / lead guitars
- Robert Trujillo / bass

Warner Bros.
August 26th, 2008

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

METALLICA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy METALLICA My Apocalypse Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
MetallicaMetallica
Rhino Blackened 2013
Garage IncGarage Inc
LoadLoad
13STAR RECORDS 2013
Metallica Through The Never (Music From The Motion Picture)Metallica Through The Never (Music From The Motion Picture)
Blackened Recordings 2013
LP death magnetic ~ USD $88.18
LP justice for all ~ USD $32.78
LP master of puppets ~ USD $21.85

More places to buy METALLICA music online Buy METALLICA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for METALLICA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

METALLICA My Apocalypse ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(14%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(0%)

METALLICA My Apocalypse reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
2 stars 'My Apocalypse' - Metallica (Single)

I have to say; of the songs that I've heard off of 'Death Magnetic,' this is my least enjoyed. While most of the other songs really surprised me with their complexity and intelligence, this song seems content to be a generic and mediocre thrash track. While this definately sounds like Metallica, the aspects of them that make them 'good' to my ear aren't in very big supply here. The speed and energy here are kept in high supply, but that doesn't warrant very much in the way of good songwriting.

To the song's benefit however, there is a very good soloing section, and the song definately picks up towards it's second half in which a few fresh riffs are thrown in. Judging from a few verses of the lyrics and the cover artwork especially, I'm thinking that the lyrical topic here revolves around the pain and fear of being in a devastating car accident. The lyrical work here isn't genius, but the intended feeling seems to be conveyed.

This is just shy of being a filler track, but it has enough merit to be worth a listen or two on it's own.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#286680) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Post a review of METALLICA "My Apocalypse"