MODERN MAN

Stanley Clarke Modern Man album cover

Buy STANLEY CLARKE Music
Studio Album, released in 1978

1 Opening (Statement)
2 He Lives On (Story About The Last Journey Of A Warrior)
3 More Hot Fun

- Stanley Clarke / bass
- n.a.

LP Nemperor JZ 35303

Thanks to clarke2001 for the addition

STANLEY CLARKE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy STANLEY CLARKE Modern Man Music

Modern Man/I Wanna Play for YouModern Man/I Wanna Play for You
BGO Records 2010
Modern ManModern Man
Epic 1994
Modern Man/I Wanna Play for You by Stanley Clarke (2010-05-11)Modern Man/I Wanna Play for You by Stanley Clarke (2010-05-11)
BGO Records
Modern Man/I Wanna Play for You by BGO Records (2010-05-11)Modern Man/I Wanna Play for You by BGO Records (2010-05-11)
BGO Records (2010-05-11)

Stanley Clarke Modern Man I Wanna Play For You LP Vinyl ALBUM Lot of TWO USD $22.00 Buy It Now
STANLEY CLARKE MODERN MAN UK EPIC EPC 82674 FEATURING JEFF BECK USD $9.53 Buy It Now 19h 58m
Stanley Clark "Modern Man" USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Stanley Clarke Modern Man LP album with Rock 'N Roll Jelly Clarke vinyl! USD $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
STANLEY CLARKE Modern Man UK LP + insert 1978 near mint/ex minus promo USD $9.26 Buy It Now 2 days
Stanley Clarke - Modern Man/I Wanna Play for You (2012) CD NEW SPEEDYPOST USD $9.50 Buy It Now 2 days
MODERN MAN BY STANLEY CLARK ALBUM USD $2.00 [0 bids]
Stanley Clarke ? Modern Man LP JZ 35303 1978 Fusion, Jazz-Rock, Funk USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
STANLEY CLARKE - 4 LP COLLECTION-Clarke/Duke Project-Journey to Love-Modern Man USD $17.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Stanley Clarke-Modern Man/I Wanna Play for You CD NEW USD $18.17 Buy It Now 5 days
MODERN MAN, I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU, Stanley Clarke, 5017261209238 * NEW * USD $22.34 Buy It Now 5 days
VINYL LP - STANLEY CLARKE - MODERN MAN - EPC 32108 USD $11.91 Buy It Now 6 days
ADVERT 7X5" STANLEY CLARKE - MODERN MAN ALBUM USD $6.63 Buy It Now 6 days
Modern Man by Stanley Clarke vg++/vg++ Nemperor LP Disco USD $5.95 Buy It Now 6 days
STANLEY CLARKE Japan 1978 NM LP MODERN MAN USD $29.99 Buy It Now 7 days
STANLEY CLARKE "Modern Man" (1978) Orig Nemperor LP SHRINK, Porcaro, Gadd, Jazz USD $8.95 Buy It Now 8 days
STANLEY CLARKE - MODERN MAN / 8 TRACK TAPE / 1978 USD $4.50 Buy It Now 9 days
Modern Man STANLEY CLARKE NMInt* NEMPEROR Jazz FUSION Funk JEFF BECK Bridgewater USD $5.55 Buy It Now 11 days
Stanley Clarke - Modern Man - Vinyl LP - Jazz Guitar Soul Blues Funk USD $5.00 Buy It Now 12 days
STANLEY CLARKE Modern Man +inner sleeve EPIC 1978 USD $10.59 Buy It Now 12 days
Stanley Clarke ?/ Modern Man / 25AP 1051 / JAPAN LP USD $19.50 Buy It Now 13 days
STANLEY CLARKE MODERN MAN JZ 35303 NEMPEROR 1978 VINYL USD $9.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Modern Man Stanley Clarke Vinyl Record USD $14.51 Buy It Now 13 days
Stanley Clarke Modern Man Vinyl LP USD $7.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Stanley Clarke ?/ Modern Man / 25AP 1051 /JAPAN LP USD $19.50 Buy It Now 15 days
Stanley Clarke Modern Man Vinyl LP USD $7.00 Buy It Now 17 days
STANLEY CLARKE Modern Man LP NEMPEROR RECORDS JZ35303 US 1978 Record USD $3.50 Buy It Now 18 days
Stanley Clarke Modern Man/I Wanna Play For You 2-CD NEW SEALED Remastered Jazz USD $9.26 Buy It Now 18 days
Modern Man/I Wanna Play For You - Stanley Clarke Compact Disc USD $18.13 Buy It Now 19 days
Stanley Clarke, Modern Man JZ-35303 Lp Record Vinyl 12" Vintage 1978 Nemperor USD $9.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Stanley Clarke Sealed/New Modern Man Record Vinyl 12" Vintage 1978 Nemperor USD $14.00 Buy It Now 22 days
STANLEY CLARKE " Man Modern" 8 Track 1978 RARE VINTAGE! USD $29.99 Buy It Now 22 days
STANLEY CLARKE 5CD NEW SC/Journey To Love/School Days/Modern Man/Duke Project USD $18.88 Buy It Now 23 days
Stanley Clarke - Modern Man/I Wanna Play For You [CD New] USD $13.08 Buy It Now 24 days
Modern Man/I Wanna Play For You - Stanley Clarke (CD Used Very Good) USD $10.44 Buy It Now 24 days
Modern Man/I Wanna Play for You by Stanley Clarke (Double Bass) (CD,... USD $8.71 Buy It Now 24 days
Modern Man/I Wanna Play for You by Stanley Clarke (Double Bass) (CD,... USD $25.64 Buy It Now 24 days
STANLEY CLARKE, MODERN MAN, LP 1978 UK 1ST PRESS A1/B1 EX/VG EPIC S EPC 82674 USD $5.60 Buy It Now 24 days
STANLEY CLARKE modern man LP PS EX/EX dutch epic 32108 USD $11.90 Buy It Now 24 days
STANLEY CLARKE MODERN MAN LP ORIG '78 EPIC JAZZ FUNK CLASSIC DRUM BREAKS NAS VG+ USD $7.99 Buy It Now 25 days
STANLEY CLARKE - Modern Man ~ Vinyl LP + INSERT USD $11.91 Buy It Now 25 days
Stanley Clarke - Modern Man CASSETTE 1987 Nemperor JAZZ ROCK FUNK FUSION USD $17.00 Buy It Now 26 days
33 STANLEY CLARKE, MODERN MAN ALBUM ADVERT 12X10 USD $15.90 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy STANLEY CLARKE music online Buy STANLEY CLARKE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for STANLEY CLARKE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

STANLEY CLARKE Modern Man ratings distribution

STANLEY CLARKE Modern Man reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars If the School Days album was still a good album that could indeed find space on the JR/F or JF/F shelf, Modern Man is the last that could fit in that "progressive fold"; the guest being the now-usual suspects: the Steely Dan crowd, the big Jeff, Dee Dee and the LA-studio gang (Porcaro & co), and the album is torn between NY (the Hendrix studios) and LA, with the latter winning. Ken Scott is not producing anymore, that part being handled by Stan The Man. Despite the rather un-compromising photo artwork, there are 12 tracks, clocking all under 5-mins but some as little as 20-seconds intros, filled with complex arrangements (Stan was classically trained), but lacking the balls to go completely conceptual or bombastic

Opening on the charming fairly-proggy but very cheesy Opening (those spoken vocals are hilariously embarrassing) filled with ambitious orchestrations, the album soon gives way to the atrocious MOR/soul He Lives On (with that "warrior" subtitle) that doesn't fit the music at all, even if again the arrangements are rather ambitious. Actually from an arrangement, orchestration and instrumentation, most if not all of the album is quite impressive in terms virtuosity, including a solid brass section that could be out of an Earth Wind & Fire album.

Indeed the book-ended title track by two short interludes shows that Clarke had strong ambitions, but didn't realize that the music he was writing and producing would be so tacky, cheesy, soapy, soppy and even bring disbelieving smirks at this grandiloquent, pompous and rather bombastic muzak. However, More Hot Fun and Slow Dance are particularly groovy ultra-funk pieces, but also close to disco beats, and both don't really fit with the more ambitious songwriting on the album.

In some ways, some of the most ambitious tracks of Modern Man are slightly reminiscent of Rick Wakeman's solo albums between Journey and 1984, and not faring much better in terms of ridicule. I may appear to be tough on The Bass-Slapping King with this particular review and School Days' (both being equal in terms of proggyness), but I can't call this ambitious soulish-MOR mixed with high-technique funk anything close to "prog". It might be worth letting an ear on it to sample, but approach cautiously: in the end it'll be your call. Don't say I didn't warn you, though.

Post a review of STANLEY CLARKE "Modern Man"