I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU

- Stan Getz
...

LP Epic 88331

Thanks to clarke2001 for the addition

STANLEY CLARKE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy STANLEY CLARKE I Wanna Play For You Music

Modern Man/I Wanna Play for YouModern Man/I Wanna Play for You
BGO Records 2010
I Wanna Play For YouI Wanna Play For You
Epic 2011
Clarke, stanley I Wanna Play For You Mainstream JazzClarke, stanley I Wanna Play For You Mainstream Jazz
Records
I Wanna Play For YouI Wanna Play For You
Vinyl$15.36 (used)
I wanna play for you (1979) / Vinyl record [Vinyl-LP]I wanna play for you (1979) / Vinyl record [Vinyl-LP]
Vinyl$5.94 (used)
I Wanna Play for You by Clarke, Stanley [Music CD]I Wanna Play for You by Clarke, Stanley [Music CD]
Sony
I Wanna Play For You by Stanley Clarke [Music CD]I Wanna Play For You by Stanley Clarke [Music CD]
Epic
STANLEY CLARKE i wanna play for you EPC 88331 A1/B1/A3/B1 uk DOUBLE LP PS EX/EX USD $17.83 Buy It Now 8h 22m
I Wanna Play for You by Stanley Clarke (Double Bass) (CD, Epic (USA)) USD $2.99 [0 bids]
I Wanna Play For You, Stanley Clarke, New USD $9.42 Buy It Now 2 days
STANLEY CLARKE I Wanna Play for You 40AP1198 OBI 2LP AK3312 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
Stanley Clarke, LPs "I Wanna Play For You", white labels Promo, 2 LPs, Jeff Beck USD $8.88 [0 bids]
I Wanna Play for You by Stanley Clarke USD $3.90 [0 bids]
Stanley Clarke, I Wanna Play For You, 1979 Jazz Funk Soul, 8 Track Tape USD $5.00 [0 bids]
STANLEY CLARKE I Wanna Play For You LP 15 Track Double Gatefold (epc88331) UK Ep USD $11.58 Buy It Now 4 days
STANLEY CLARKE (DOUB - I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU [STANLEY CLARKE (DOUBLE - NEW CD USD $10.98 Buy It Now 4 days
STANLEY CLARKE I Wanna Play for You 40AP1198 2LP AH0032 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
STANLEY CLARKE - "I Wanna Play For You" (1979) CD - 1st 1994 US PROMO PRESS - NM USD $22.88 Buy It Now 4 days
Stanley Clarke I Wanna Play for You CD USD $8.94 Buy It Now 5 days
? n19673 - 2LP - STANLEY CLARKE / I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU - US ORG USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Modern Man/I Wanna Play for You by Stanley Clarke (Double Bass) (CD,... USD $19.03 Buy It Now 7 days
STANLEY CLARKE , I Wanna Play For You , Jeff Beck , dbl. LP, Gatefold , VG+ USD $2.65 [0 bids]
USD $6.21 Buy It Now
Stanley Clarke NEAR MINT I Wanna Play For You TWO LPs Jeff Beck Stan Getz G Duke USD $25.98 Buy It Now 8 days
STANLEY CLARKE (DOUB - MODERN MAN/I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU - NEW CD BOXSET USD $11.22 Buy It Now 8 days
STANLEY CLARKE - I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU : Japan 2LP w/Obi : 40AP1198/99 JEFF BECK USD $35.99 Buy It Now 8 days
STANLEY CLARKE I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU 2 X Jazz LP (Jeff Beck) FREE USA SHIPPING USD $8.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Stanley Clarke - I Wanna Play For You EPC 88331 Holland 2LP 1979 USD $11.04 Buy It Now 9 days
STANLEY CLARKE I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU LP 2 RECORD SET VG++ VINYL 1979 USD $10.39 Buy It Now 9 days
EXC/NM 2 DOUBLE LP~STANLEY CLARKE~I Wanna Play For You~{Original 1979 NEMPEROR]~ USD $8.90 Buy It Now 9 days
I Wanna Play for You by Stanley Clarke (Double Bass) (CD, May-1994, Epic (USA)) USD $13.99 Buy It Now 9 days
STANLEY CLARKE I Wanna Play For You NEMPORER VG++/NM- 2LP USD $11.00 Buy It Now 10 days
(JAZZ 2LP) STANLEY CLARKE - I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU USD $12.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Stanley Clarke - I Wanna Play For You CD SONY MOD USD $16.39 Buy It Now 10 days
Stanley Clarke - Modern Man/I Wanna Play For You CD USD $21.89 Buy It Now 10 days
STANLEY CLARKE-4 LP'S-JOURNEY TO LOVE-SCHOOLDAYS-S/T-I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU-GF USD $15.63 Buy It Now 11 days
Stanley Clarke - I Wanna Play For You [CD New] USD $12.38 Buy It Now 12 days
Stanley Clarke - I Wanna Play For You 2lp Gatefold KZ2 35680 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Stanley Clarke I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU W/Jeff Beck Nemperor 35680 DBL Gatefold NM- USD $11.96 Buy It Now 15 days
I Wanna Play for You by Stanley Clarke *New CD* USD $9.44 Buy It Now 16 days
21 Album Advert 12X4" STANLEY CLARKE: I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU. USD $7.88 Buy It Now 19 days
CLARKE,STANLEY-I Wanna Play For You CD NEW USD $14.88 Buy It Now 19 days
STANLEY CLARKE - I Wanna Play For You ~ GATEFOLD 2 x VINYL LP USD $13.33 Buy It Now 20 days
Stanley Clarke : I Wanna Play for You CD (1994) USD $10.33 Buy It Now 22 days
Stanley Clarke "I Wanna Play For You" VG+ Vinyl 2LP Play Tested USD $4.50 Buy It Now 22 days
Stanley Clarke I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU DBL GF Nemperor 35680 Near Mint- USD $12.95 Buy It Now 22 days
STANLEY CLARKE I Wanna Play For You 1979 VG+ double LP Jeff Beck Stan Getz Airto USD $6.99 Buy It Now 22 days
STANLEY CLARKE.I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU.'79.2LP.WHITE LABEL USD $25.95 Buy It Now 23 days
STANLEY CLARKE - I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU NEW CD USD $16.92 Buy It Now 23 days
STANLEY CLARKE - MODERN MAN / I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU NEW CD USD $22.88 Buy It Now 25 days
Stanley Clarke I Wanna Play For You - g/fold & insert - 2 Lps plus Free UK Post USD $19.90 Buy It Now 25 days
Modern Man/I Wanna Play For You - Stanley Clarke New & Sealed Compact Disc Free USD $24.82 Buy It Now 26 days
Stanley Clarke - Modern Man/I Wanna Play For You [CD New] USD $14.20 Buy It Now 26 days
I Wanna Play For You, STANLEY CLARKE (Vinyl) 2 LP USD $12.00 Buy It Now 26 days
STANLEY CLARKE: I Wanna Play For You LP NEMPEROR RECORDS US 1979 PROMO 2XLP NM+ USD $26.99 Buy It Now 26 days
I Wanna Play For You - Stanley Clarke (1994, CD New) CD-R USD $14.24 Buy It Now 27 days
Modern Man/I Wanna Play For You - 2 DISC SET - Stanley Clarke (2010, CD New) USD $16.63 Buy It Now 27 days
STANLEY CLARKE i wanna play for you 2 LP Mint- KZ2 35680 Vinyl 1979 Record USD $25.00 Buy It Now 28 days
Modern Man/I Wanna Play for You Stanley Clarke CD USD $11.21 Buy It Now 28 days
Stanley Clarke "I Wanna Play For You" (KZ2 35680) Vinyl / 2xLP / Gatefold / VG+ USD $7.25 Buy It Now 29 days
Stanley Clarke I Wanna Play For You 1979 Nemperor 35680 Jazz 2 Vinyl LPs VG++ USD $24.99 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy STANLEY CLARKE music online Buy STANLEY CLARKE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for STANLEY CLARKE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

STANLEY CLARKE I Wanna Play For You ratings distribution

STANLEY CLARKE I Wanna Play For You reviews

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
3 stars This album is not half bad. By that I mean, half of it is bad. The first two songs are uninspred seventies disco, a lame funk riff and minimal lame lyrics over and over and over and over.... It could have been called "S.C and The Sunshine Band".

The next two songs are lame seventies "soul", by which I mean to say easy listening with supposedly romantic lyrics. In all of these four songs there are slight indications that it is Stanley Clarke on the bass, but nothing more.

We finally get to some listenable music at track 5, "Blues For Mingus", but at just over two minutes, the song begins to fade out. Just as it's getting interesting. The next track it just some noise.

The remainder of the album is lot's of fun. It's mostly live tracks, of good to very good (none great) sound quality. The studio recording of the standard, "Quiet Afternoon" is outstanding. As is Stanley's performance in all of the live tracks.

On strange thing is that "My Greatest Hits" fades out during the section representing "School Days", and "School Days" in full fades in right afterwards, sounding awkward.

I'd give this 2.5 stars, and since I love Stanley's playing, I'll round it up.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#225076) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Review by snobb
2 stars I know that year 1979 wasn't good for fusion and jazz-rock. In fact ,it wasn't too much good for music at all. What we have here illustrates the result.

First song is funk-disco hit with no-bad bass line. But then things go down very fast. Second song is stupid endless repetative disco, killing all forms of life around it!Few other songs try to flirt with soul in jazzy arrangements, but drum machine kills all good ingridients.

"Blues For Mingus " is acoustic piano and heavy bass line standard, but too short, sounds out of place. After goes short instrumental combining synth ambient noise with some bass solos.

Second part of the album is some live recordings from different time and places. Both together it sounds as low budget release with strange target group of buyers.

Even if in rare places Clarke demonstrates his perfect bass lines, altogether that album is below level of acceptability.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#242487) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 02, 2009

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars A strange album, this is Clarke's 6th and it's half-live album (Calderone Theatre in June 78), but most of the usual suspects are not very present: Duke on 2 tracks, Dee Dee on one and Back & Gadd only on one. Clarke is letting his afro haircut grow in search of obvious pop-star recognition and indeed the music is taking that direction. Curiously recorded in the UK for the studio, while the other half is an LA thing, the album is rather disjointed, often veering to disco with those clapping beats. Notable jazzmen Stan Getz and Freddie Hubbard and guitarist Ritenour make one appearance each, but none leave a lasting impression, except on the guest list.

Opening on the pleasant bluesy-funk vocoder-filled complex funk-jazz title track (it would easily find space on Modern Man as would the short Strange weather), the album's first side quickly slips into a soul-disco-ish-funk MOR/AOR stuff that can only irritate (Feeling, ), despite the obvious talent of all concerned. Streets is reminiscent of a funkier version that era's Santana, while Together again is insufferable with those awful fake handclaps.. The Mingus homage is short and uninteresting and way too standard-jazzy for the rest of the album.

The flipside is mainly live and includes Clarke classics School Days and Quiet Afternoon, and we are finding the excellent JR/F that we know Stan The Man can do (so why doesn't he in the studios?), and obviously these tracks triple the album's value to most progheads. Indeed Clarke's nine-man band (including a four-man horn section) is quite gifted and the rawk the heck out of you. Strangely enough, they chose to insert a Beck/Gadd/Cochran track from the previous year, but it goes almost unnoticed in the middle of the Calderone Theatre tracks. If it wasn't for this live facet, the overall level of the album would probably sink deep because the first side is completely disjointed and wouldn't be worth the proghead's attention.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#321674) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Post a review of STANLEY CLARKE "I Wanna Play For You"