I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU

Stanley Clarke

Stanley Clarke I Wanna Play For You album cover

Buy STANLEY CLARKE Music
Studio Album, released in 1979

1. I Wanna Play For You (6:16)
2. Just A Feeling (6:05)
3. The Streets Of Philadelphia (5:54)
4. Together Again (5:46)
5. Blues For Mingus (2:22)
6. Strange Weather (1:49)
7. Quiet Afternoon (Live *) (9:02)
8. Rock 'n' Roll Jelly (Live *) (2:37)
9. Jamaican Boy (3:32)
10. My Greatest Hits (Live *) (5:46)
11. School Days (8:13) (Live %)
12. Hot Fun-Closing (Live *) (7:51)

Total time 65:13

* Recorded at Calderone Theater June 1978
% Recorded at Roxy Theater Sept 1977

Search STANLEY CLARKE I Wanna Play For You lyrics

Search STANLEY CLARKE I Wanna Play For You tabs

- Stanley Clarke / acoustic, piccolo & electric basses, Oberheim synth (2,6), organ (8), talkbox (1,2), vocals (3), arranger & producer

With:
- Dee Dee Bridgewater / backing vocals (1)
- Cathy Carson / vocals (2,3)
- Gwen Owens / vocals (2,3)
- Juanita Curiel / vocals (2,3)
- Lee Ritenour / guitar (3)
- Ray Gomez / guitar (7,8,11,12)
- Jeff Beck / guitar (9)
- George Duke / electric grand piano (1,2)
- Tom Scott / Lyricon (1,2)
- Ronnie Foster / piano (3)
- Todd Cochran / Oberheim & Arp 2600 (3,6,8,12), Arp String Ensemble (4,11), piano & organ (9)
- Michael David Garson / piano (5), Fender Rhodes (7), Oberheim & Arp String Ensemble (7,12)
- Phil Jost / organ (8)
- Peter Robinson / Arp String Ensemble (11)
- Stan Getz / tenor sax (3)
- Freddie Hubbard / fluegelhorn (4)
- Al Harrison / trumpet (7,8,11,12), piccolo (12)
- James Tinsley / trumpet (7,8,11), piccolo (12)
- Bob Malach / tenor sax (7,11,12)
- Al Williams III / soprano (12) & baritone (7,8,11,12) saxes
- David DeLeon / bass (7)
- Darryl Brown / drums (1,5,7,8,10,12), cymbal (6)
- Harvey Mason / drums (1-3)
- Gerry Brown / drums (11)
- Steve Gadd / drums (9)

Artwork: Bob Seidemann (photo)

2xLP Nemperor Records - KZ2 35680 (1979, US)

CD Epic - EK 64295 (1994, US)

Thanks to clarke2001 for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

STANLEY CLARKE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy STANLEY CLARKE I Wanna Play For You Music

I Wanna Play For YouI Wanna Play For You
Epic 2011
Modern Man/I Wanna Play For You /  Stanley ClarkeModern Man/I Wanna Play For You / Stanley Clarke
Bgo 2017
I Wanna Play for You by Stanley ClarkeI Wanna Play for You by Stanley Clarke
Sbme Special Mkts.
I Wanna Play for You by Stanley ClarkeI Wanna Play for You by Stanley Clarke
Sbme Special Mkts.
Stanley Clarke - I Wanna Play For You - Epic - EPC 88331, Nemperor Records - EPC 88331Stanley Clarke - I Wanna Play For You - Epic - EPC 88331, Nemperor Records - EPC 88331
Epic
Vinyl$18.95 (used)

Stanley Clarke - I Wanna Play For You (Vinyl) USD $20.72 Buy It Now 6h 26m
STANLEY CLARKE ~ I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU ~ JAPAN ORIG 1ST PRESS LIVE BASS NM/M- USD $65.00 Buy It Now 7h 19m
Stanley Clarke I Wanna Play For You 1994 CD release USD $7.50 Buy It Now 9h 57m
Stanley Clarke I Wanna Play For You 1979 KZ2-35680 Orig 1st U.S. Press 2 LP's USD $14.99 Buy It Now 18h 56m
Stanley Clarke-Modern Man/I Wanna Play for You CD NEW USD $20.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Stanley Clarke - MODERN MAN I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU [CD] USD $15.66 Buy It Now 2 days
STANLEY CLARKE W/JEFF BECK~ I Wanna Play For You ~Nemperor 35680 DBL Gatefold NM USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Stanley Clarke "I Wanna Play For You" Double LP USD $4.95 [1 bids]
STANLEY CLARKE 'I Wanna Play For You' 1979 Austria CD Album USD $7.50 [0 bids]
21 ALBUM ADVERT 12X4 STANLEY CLARKE: I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU. USD $6.67 Buy It Now 3 days
I Wanna Play For You - Stanley Clarke - CD - New USD $17.15 Buy It Now 3 days
Stanley Clarke 2 Lp Set I Wanna Play For You Jazz Bass w Jeff Beck Ray Gomez USD $3.99 [0 bids]
STANLEY CLARKE - "I Wanna Play For You" (1979) CD - 1st 1994 US PROMO PRESS - NM USD $11.88 Buy It Now 3 days
STANLEY CLARKE 2 LPs "I Wanna Play For You" Test Pressing 1979 - NEW USD $14.73 [7 bids]
I Wanna Play for You Stanley Clarke George Duke Lee Ritenour CD 1994 EK 64295 NM USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Stanley Clarke - I Wanna Play For You (CD 1995)[EPIC] - CD - VG USD $5.34 Buy It Now 4 days
STANLEY CLARKE (DOUBLE BASS) - I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $13.40 Buy It Now 4 days
STANLEY CLARKE (DOUBLE BASS) - I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU NEW CD USD $14.96 Buy It Now 4 days
STANLEY CLARKE - I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU Ultrarare 1979 japanese JAZZ/ROCK LP! M- USD $45.06 Buy It Now 5 days
CLARKE,STANLEY-I Wanna Play For You CD NEW USD $14.97 Buy It Now 5 days
1979 Stanley Clarke ?- I Wanna Play For You 2x LP GF EX/EX Nemperor KZ2 35680 USD $15.25 Buy It Now 5 days
Stanley Clarke DBL LP I Wanna Play For You - Nemperor AL 35681 (1979) NM/EX++ USD $3.99 [0 bids]
USD $8.69 Buy It Now
1979-STANLEY CLARK DOUBLE LP, I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU, NEMPEROR RECORDS, JAZZ USD $2.50 [0 bids]
STANLEY CLARKE I Wanna Play For You LP Vinyl Jeff Beck George Duke Steve Gadd USD $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
I Wanna Play For You Stanley Clarke 2-LP vinyl record (Double Album) USA USD $32.44 Buy It Now 5 days
Stanley Clarke I Wanna Play For You 2-LP vinyl record (Double Album) UK USD $24.41 Buy It Now 5 days
Stanley Clarke ?- I Wanna Play For You Label: Epic ?- Vinyl Record LP Album Rare USD $1.47 [1 bids]
Stanley Clarke ?- I Wanna Play For You - VG+ LP - Nemperor [email protected] 35680 Jazz Funk USD $12.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Stanley Clarke Modern Man I Wanna Play For You LP Vinyl ALBUM Lot of TWO USD $20.46 Buy It Now 6 days
Stanley Clarke I Wanna Play For You 1979 Nemperor 35680 Jazz 2 Vinyl LPs VG++ USD $24.99 Buy It Now 7 days
STANLEY CLARKE: I Wanna Play For You LP (2 LPs, gatefold cover, inner sleeves, USD $15.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Stanley Clarke I Wanna Play For You 1979 KZ2-35680 Orig Promo 2 LP's NM H1 USD $19.95 Buy It Now 7 days
STANLEY CLARKE I Wanna Play For You JAZZ Promo 2xLP NEMPEROR 35680 Orig. SleeveS USD $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
I Wanna Play for You by Stanley Clarke (CD, 1979 , Epic (USA)) USD $11.95 Buy It Now 9 days
ra2649 Stanley Clarke I Wanna Play For You 40AP1198 Vinyl LP Japan J4U USD $2.32 Buy It Now 10 days
I Wanna Play for You by Stanley Clarke (Double Bass) (CD, May-1994, Epic (USA)) USD $15.98 Buy It Now 11 days
STANLEY CLARKE - I Wanna Play For You ~ GATEFOLD 2 x VINYL LP USD $12.49 Buy It Now 12 days
STANLEY CLARKE I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU 2 X Jazz LP (Jeff Beck) FREE USA SHIPPING USD $8.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Stanley Clarke I wanna play for you Rare blue cover demonstration only LP 1979 USD $39.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Stanley Clarke Jazz Bass CD I Wanna Play For You Duke Ritenour Gadd Beck Brown USD $14.98 Buy It Now 13 days
Stanley Clarke : I Wanna Play For You CD USD $5.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Stanley Clarke, I Wanna Play for You, Very Good USD $9.99 Buy It Now 15 days
STANLEY CLARKE CD I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU - JAZZ FUNK CD 1994 EPIC EX/EX USD $8.01 Buy It Now 16 days
Stanley Clarke - I Wanna Play for You CD w Jeff Beck USD $2.99 Buy It Now 17 days
new sealed STANLEY CLARK I Wanna Play For You 1994 CD USD $8.00 Buy It Now 18 days
STANLEY CLARKE - I Wanna Play for You LP (RARE US White Label NEMPEROR Press) M- USD $29.99 Buy It Now 18 days
STANLEY CLARKE I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU LP 2 RECORD SET VG++ VINYL 1979 USD $10.39 Buy It Now 19 days
Stanley Clarke: I Wanna Play for You 12" gatefold 1979 07464356801 tested USD $7.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Modern Man/I Wanna Play For You - Stanley Clarke (CD Used Like New) USD $12.63 Buy It Now 20 days
33LP - STANLEY CLARK- I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU USD $9.10 Buy It Now 21 days
Stanley Clarke - I Wanna Play for You [New CD] Manufactured On Demand USD $13.61 Buy It Now 21 days
Stanley Clarke - I Wanna Play for You [New CD] Manufactured On Demand USD $13.46 Buy It Now 21 days
I Wanna Play For You - Stanley Clarke (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.60 Buy It Now 21 days
STANLEY CLARKE "I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU" 2X VINYL LP 1979 NEMPEROR RECORDS STEREO USD $16.99 Buy It Now 22 days
STANLEY CLARKE (DOUBLE BASS) - MODERN MAN/I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU NEW CD USD $17.70 Buy It Now 23 days
STANLEY CLARKE (DOUBLE BASS) - MODERN MAN/I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU USED - VERY GOOD USD $16.27 Buy It Now 23 days
Stanley Clarke - Modern Man / I Wanna Play for You [New CD] UK - Import USD $14.63 Buy It Now 23 days
CLARKE STANLEY - I Wanna Play For You - CD - Import - **Mint Condition** USD $19.95 Buy It Now 23 days
STANLEY CLARKE ?- I Wanna Play For You (LP) (VG-/G- USD $12.03 Buy It Now 24 days
Stanley Clarke I Wanna Play For You - g/fold & insert - 2 Lps plus Free UK Post USD $16.85 Buy It Now 25 days
I Wanna Play For You Stanley Clarke Vinyl Record USD $24.01 Buy It Now 25 days
I Wanna Play For You Stanley Clarke Vinyl Record USD $18.66 Buy It Now 25 days
I Wanna Play For You, STANLEY CLARKE (Vinyl) 2 LP USD $15.00 Buy It Now 25 days
STANLEY CLARKE: I Wanna Play For You LP NEMPEROR RECORDS US 1979 PROMO 2XLP NM+ USD $18.89 Buy It Now 25 days
STANLEY CLARKE / I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU (NEMPEROR, 2LP'S, 1979) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 25 days
[SOUL/JAZZ]~EXC 2 DOUBLE LP~STANLEY CLARKE~I Wanna Play For You~{OG 1979~CBS~Iss USD $5.97 Buy It Now 25 days
STANLEY CLARKE ?- I Wanna Play For You (LP) (EX-NM/EX+) USD $16.04 Buy It Now 27 days
Stanley Clarke - I Wanna Play For You (Vinyl) USD $22.73 Buy It Now 27 days
STANLEY CLARKE - MODERN MAN/I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU 2 CD NEW+ USD $27.65 Buy It Now 27 days
Stanley Clarke I Wanna Play For You 2x LP 1979 Nemperor Records VG+ [Jeff Beck] USD $9.95 Buy It Now 28 days
Stanley Clarke - Modern Man / I Wanna Play for You [New CD] UK - Import USD $22.69 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy STANLEY CLARKE music online Buy STANLEY CLARKE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

STANLEY CLARKE I Wanna Play For You ratings distribution

STANLEY CLARKE I Wanna Play For You reviews

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
3 stars This album is not half bad. By that I mean, half of it is bad. The first two songs are uninspred seventies disco, a lame funk riff and minimal lame lyrics over and over and over and over.... It could have been called "S.C and The Sunshine Band".

The next two songs are lame seventies "soul", by which I mean to say easy listening with supposedly romantic lyrics. In all of these four songs there are slight indications that it is Stanley Clarke on the bass, but nothing more.

We finally get to some listenable music at track 5, "Blues For Mingus", but at just over two minutes, the song begins to fade out. Just as it's getting interesting. The next track it just some noise.

The remainder of the album is lot's of fun. It's mostly live tracks, of good to very good (none great) sound quality. The studio recording of the standard, "Quiet Afternoon" is outstanding. As is Stanley's performance in all of the live tracks.

On strange thing is that "My Greatest Hits" fades out during the section representing "School Days", and "School Days" in full fades in right afterwards, sounding awkward.

I'd give this 2.5 stars, and since I love Stanley's playing, I'll round it up.

Review by snobb
2 stars I know that year 1979 wasn't good for fusion and jazz-rock. In fact ,it wasn't too much good for music at all. What we have here illustrates the result.

First song is funk-disco hit with no-bad bass line. But then things go down very fast. Second song is stupid endless repetative disco, killing all forms of life around it!Few other songs try to flirt with soul in jazzy arrangements, but drum machine kills all good ingridients.

"Blues For Mingus " is acoustic piano and heavy bass line standard, but too short, sounds out of place. After goes short instrumental combining synth ambient noise with some bass solos.

Second part of the album is some live recordings from different time and places. Both together it sounds as low budget release with strange target group of buyers.

Even if in rare places Clarke demonstrates his perfect bass lines, altogether that album is below level of acceptability.

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars A strange album, this is Clarke's 6th and it's half-live album (Calderone Theatre in June 78), but most of the usual suspects are not very present: Duke on 2 tracks, Dee Dee on one and Back & Gadd only on one. Clarke is letting his afro haircut grow in search of obvious pop-star recognition and indeed the music is taking that direction. Curiously recorded in the UK for the studio, while the other half is an LA thing, the album is rather disjointed, often veering to disco with those clapping beats. Notable jazzmen Stan Getz and Freddie Hubbard and guitarist Ritenour make one appearance each, but none leave a lasting impression, except on the guest list.

Opening on the pleasant bluesy-funk vocoder-filled complex funk-jazz title track (it would easily find space on Modern Man as would the short Strange weather), the album's first side quickly slips into a soul-disco-ish-funk MOR/AOR stuff that can only irritate (Feeling, ), despite the obvious talent of all concerned. Streets is reminiscent of a funkier version that era's Santana, while Together again is insufferable with those awful fake handclaps.. The Mingus homage is short and uninteresting and way too standard-jazzy for the rest of the album.

The flipside is mainly live and includes Clarke classics School Days and Quiet Afternoon, and we are finding the excellent JR/F that we know Stan The Man can do (so why doesn't he in the studios?), and obviously these tracks triple the album's value to most progheads. Indeed Clarke's nine-man band (including a four-man horn section) is quite gifted and the rawk the heck out of you. Strangely enough, they chose to insert a Beck/Gadd/Cochran track from the previous year, but it goes almost unnoticed in the middle of the Calderone Theatre tracks. If it wasn't for this live facet, the overall level of the album would probably sink deep because the first side is completely disjointed and wouldn't be worth the proghead's attention.

Post a review of STANLEY CLARKE "I Wanna Play For You"