RETURNING JESUS

Buy NO-MAN Music
Studio Album, released in 2001

1. Only Rain (7:24)
2. No Defence (5:20)
3. Close Your Eyes (8:25)
4. Carolina Skeletons (5:08)
5. Outside The Machine (5:46)
6. Returning Jesus (5:19)
7. Slow It All Down (3:42)
8. Lighthouse (8:12)
9. All That You Are (4:44)

Search NO-MAN Returning Jesus lyrics

- Rick Edwards / percussion
- David Kosten / synthesizer and cymbal
- Theo Travis / saxophone and flute

3rd Stone Ltd. STONE 038CD CD

NO-MAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NO-MAN Returning Jesus Music

FlowermouthFlowermouth
Remastered
Kscope 2008
All the Blue Changes An Anthology 1988-2003All the Blue Changes An Anthology 1988-2003
United States Of Dist./Ka 2008
Love & EndingsLove & Endings
EMI Import 2012
Loveblows and LovecriesLoveblows and Lovecries
Sony Music Entertain 1994
Danny Scholl 45 RPM 1960s No man is an Island ( EX ) US $5.00 Buy It Now 33m 13s
Pop Promo 45 Johnny Mathis - No Man Can Stand Alone / Every Step Of The Way On C US $5.00 Buy It Now 56m 29s
Warp 9 - No Man Is An Island (Remix) - 1983 #230056 US $6.47 Buy It Now 1h 47m
NO MAN'S LAND - NEW CD US $13.73 Buy It Now 2h 14m
Warp 9 - No Man Is An Island REMIX - PRISM RECORDS ORIGINAL PRESSING - ELECTRO US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 29m
Manijama - No No No - Man 1 - 2002 #83460 US $6.47 Buy It Now 5h 23m
Mantra - Don't Need No Man Unreleased Projects #172683 US $6.47 Buy It Now 5h 24m
TIM BUCKLEY - Goodbye and Hello (2000 CD) No Man Can Find The War/Once I Was US $2.69 [8 bids]
No Man's Land - We Are Becoming CD US $25.00 Buy It Now 8h 36m
Win! Instantly! by No Man (US) (CD, Jan-1989, SST) US $5.95 Buy It Now 9h 4m
CD* Trust No Man - SPANISH FLY *** RARE HIP HOP *** US $31.50 Buy It Now 9h 13m
(C837) Beverley Knight, No Man's Land - DJ CD US $3.16 Buy It Now 9h 45m
Wild Opera, No-Man, Good US $14.90 Buy It Now 10h 54m
Ain't No Man (Brothers In Rhythm Remix) - DMC #4238 US $6.47 Buy It Now 11h 10m
First Choice - Let No Man Put Asunder (Remix) #277462 US $6.47 Buy It Now 11h 11m
Let No Man Put Asunder (2006 Remix) - 2006 #267980 US $6.47 Buy It Now 11h 11m
Let No Man Put Asunder (Masters At Work Remix) #7197 US $6.47 Buy It Now 11h 11m
ELLA FITZGERALD - LET NO MAN WRITE MY EPITAPH (HYBRID) NEW SACD US $49.71 Buy It Now 12h 37m
No Man Days in The Trees 12" Vinyl Porcupine Tree Steven Wilson US $39.99 Buy It Now 16h 54m
PEACOCK,CHARLIE-NO MAN`S LAND (2PK) VINYL LP NEW US $27.80 Buy It Now 18h 34m
First Choice Let No Man Vinyl 12" WBMX Disco Chicago House Music New York Garage US $3.99 [0 bids]
First Choice Let No Man Vinyl 12 WBMX Disco Acapella House Music New York Garage US $3.99 [0 bids]
LENE LOVICH no man's land SEEZ 44 A1/B1 1st pressing uk stiff 1982 LP PS EX/EX US $14.58 Buy It Now 21h 22m
BRUNSON rev. milton NO MAN IS AN ISLAND wings of a dove SATISFIED MIND new cd US $7.88 [0 bids]
No-Man - Together We're Stranger (2014) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $21.00 Buy It Now 23h 58m
No-Man - Together We're Stranger (15TH SEP) CD ALBUM NEW/MINT US $19.44 Buy It Now 1 day
SINEAD O'CONNOR No Man's Woman 1 Track Promo CD Single Germany 2000 US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger Miller - No Man Is Hurting Me - Ace of Hearts Records - SEALED LP! US $4.99 [0 bids]
Mary J. Blige ?- Let No Man Put Asunder / Deep Inside / As US $3.74 Buy It Now 1 day
NO-MAN - SPEAK - 180GM VINYL US $33.55 Buy It Now 1 day
MG VS-64043 Ella Fitzgerald - SINGS. LET NO MAN WRITE MY EPITAPH - 200g VINYL US $33.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Orson Wells - No Man is an Island + 8 LP - Decca Records DL 9060 - SEALED US $9.99 [1 bids]
LENE LOVICH: No Man's Land LP (UK, clear vinyl, toc) Rock & Pop US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Wilma Burgess 45 "Misty Blue / Ain't Got No Man" ~ DJ Promo - Decca ~ VG++ US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
No Man CD How The West Was Won sealed new US SST Mission of Burma Roger Miller US $3.05 Buy It Now 1 day
Anna Maria Soprano - Watch Out! Let No Man Seduce You! [CD New] US $25.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Speak [Italy] by No-Man (UK) (CD, Sep-2009, Kscope) US $9.26 Buy It Now 1 day
NO -MAN - SPEAK NEW CD US $17.15 Buy It Now 1 day
No Man : How the West Was Won CD (1991) US $4.98 Buy It Now 1 day
No Man is an Island & Other Great Poems - David Allen - LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
no-man Wherever There is Light CD-Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree sealed US $4.99 [0 bids]
no-man Together We're Stranger 2 disc-Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree sealed US $9.99 [0 bids]
HEAR Solomon Burke 45 Walking In A Dream/No Man Walks Alone APOLLO 500 soul R US $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
LENE LOVICH - NO MAN'S LAND LP. STIFF EPIC/CBS RECORDS 1982. Vinyl US $2.99 [0 bids]
NO MAN - HOW THE WEST WAS WON ROGER MILLER MISSION OF BURMA GUITARIST SEALED CD US $6.95 Buy It Now 1 day
WAYNE KEMP NM Turn Me Loose 45 Just Got Back From No Man's Land 57053 Mercury 7" US $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Lene Lovich No Man's Land Us Lp US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ella Fitzgerald Let No Man Write My Epitaph record vinyl original Verve press US $20.50 [0 bids]
No Man's Land "Scattered Around And Buried" oi indonesia skinhead punk ACAB US $9.71 Buy It Now 1 day
BILLY JOEL - No Man's Land (UK 3 Track CD Single Pt 1) US $5.34 Buy It Now 1 day
BILLY JOEL - No Man's Land (USA 1 Tk Radio/DJ CD Single) US $6.47 Buy It Now 1 day
BILLY JOEL - No Man's Land (EU 2 Track CD Single) US $5.34 Buy It Now 1 day
Rachael Mcshane - No Man's Fool [CD New] US $14.93 Buy It Now 1 day
BILLY JOEL - No Man's Land (UK 4 Track CD Single Pt 2) US $5.34 Buy It Now 1 day
Billy Joel - No Man's Land + Live Trks IMPORT CD Listen US $5.59 Buy It Now 1 day
Immigrate Us - No Man's Religion - Japan CD J-POP US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BILLY JOEL - THE RIVER OF DREAMS/NO MAN'S LAND - 45 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Chicano Rap CD Miss Lady Pinks - Trust No Man - Mr. Criminal Ese Menace Lil G US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Rare Original TV Soundtrack Star Trek: The Cage/Where No Man Has Gone Before US $29.18 [0 bids]
How the West Was Won by No Man (US) (CD, Aug-1991, SST) US $4.50 [0 bids]
Together We're Stranger by No-Man (UK) (CD, May-2007, Snapper) US $4.50 [0 bids]
REV MILTON BRUNSON no man is an island LP VG+ HBX 2119 Gospel Funk Soul HOB US $100.00 Buy It Now 2 days
No-Man - Speak [CD New] US $11.75 Buy It Now 2 days
BARLEY BREE: No Man's Land (folk vinyl LP) US $18.00 Buy It Now 2 days
No Man's Land - Subtractivelad New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $21.88 Buy It Now 2 days
Henry Fool - Men Singing (CD 2013) No-Man/Roxy Music US $5.84 [3 bids]
Dominique Preschez - No Man S Land [CD New] US $41.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Miss Lady Pinks - Trust No Man Ft. Mr. Capone-e, Mr. Criminal, Hi Power Soldiers US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LENE LOVICH NO MANS LAND NO-MAN'S-LAND ARE 38399 STIFF EPIC RECORD LP VINYL COVE US $3.99 [0 bids]
SINEAD O'CONNOR No Man's Woman 2000 UK 1-trk promo CD single US $6.47 Buy It Now 2 days
PORCUPINE TREE - Nil Recurring (2008 CD) steven Wilson, No Man, Robert Fripp US $10.53 [0 bids]
PORCUPINE TREE - Recordings (2010 CD) Steven Wilson. No Man. US $16.20 [0 bids]
Billy Joel No Man's Land & The River of Dreams Columbia 38-77086 VG US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LENE LOVICH No Man's Land STIFF LP US $7.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Sharon Redd - Ula Hedwig - Charolotte Crossley - Ain't No Man Worth It US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE LIMELITERS-No Man Is An Island/RCA 47-8361/wlp promo/1964 Folk/Pop-45rpm US $8.94 [0 bids]
LENE LOVICH "NO-MAN'S-LAND" LP STEREO 1982 US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Star Trek "THE CAGE & "WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE" Vinyl LP Record Soundtrack US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BUS BOYS Money Don't make No Man FACTORY SEALED LP Voss 72915 (1988) US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Bus Boys CD Money Don't Make No Man (CD, Oct-2011, JDC Records) US $4.95 [0 bids]
SPHERICAL OBJECTS - FURTHER ELLIPSES / NO MAN'S LAND NEW CD US $24.19 Buy It Now 2 days
NO-MAN (UK) - HEAVEN TASTE - NEW CD US $12.21 Buy It Now 2 days
Wilma Burgess 45 Misty Blue / Ain't Got NO Man US $2.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SPANISH FLY TRUST NO MAN CHICANO RAP CD RARE US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BLOW 3-11,CD,b.Low,Visiting Places Where No Man Has Gone Below US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
NEW THE BUSBOYS Money Don't Make No Man Bus Boys 1988 Voss Records Cassette Tape US $9.98 Buy It Now 2 days
WILMA BURGESS (7"single) MISTY BLUE / AIN'T GOT NO MAN / Decca Records: USA US $3.23 [0 bids]
NO MAN'S WOMAN - NEW CD US $34.64 Buy It Now 2 days
No Man (Shut Your Mouth) CD US $2.25 Buy It Now 2 days
Johnson Brothers "No Man's Land - Gallipoli" Rare Oz 7" US $13.54 Buy It Now 2 days
PENTANGLE - Reprise 0784 - Let No Man Steal Your Thyme - 1968 FOLK-ROCK DJ VG+ US $14.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Jacques Higelin No Man's Land LP 1978 NEAR MINT ORIG IMPORT PRESSING WITH INSERT US $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
St. Peter Claver Music Ministry - No Man Can Hold My Soul [CD New] US $15.06 Buy It Now 3 days
No Man's Land - Home In The Sky [CD New] US $13.26 Buy It Now 3 days
Billy Joel 45 RPM - No Man's Land / River of Dreams Columbia Records Vinyl US $0.99 [0 bids]
MISS LADY PINKS - TRUST NO MAN NEW CD US $23.45 Buy It Now 3 days
Northern soul LARRY HARRISON No Man Can Stand Alone PAVANNE M-.DJ Listen! US $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
RARE AUDREY WILLIAMS NO MAN CAN LOVE TWO WOMEN YOU PUT IT THERE 45 PROMO HANK US $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days
45 RPM-Melba/No man is an Island-Dreamers (Rollin label) US $50.00 [0 bids]
Subtractive Lad - No Man's Land [CD New] US $15.98 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy NO-MAN music online Buy NO-MAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NO-MAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NO-MAN Returning Jesus ratings distribution

NO-MAN Returning Jesus reviews

Review by Dan Bobrowski
3 stars Interesting, dreamy, delicately intricate. Lots of low key descriptors would fit. No thrashing on this. Steve Wilson's waves of brilliant mellotron, Tim Bowness' angelic voice , as well as the sweetly accented horn playing of Ian Carr and Ian Dixon. Steve Jansen provides a percussive backdrop for a seductive mix sure to make you light a candle and set the lights to low.

Fans of SW's more ambient nature will LOVE this. It'll also appeal to David Sylvian fans.

Send comments to Dan Bobrowski (BETA) | Report this review (#18230) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 27, 2004

Review by Greger
4 stars I feel inner warmth every time I hear the music of English band NO-MAN. It's sooths my soul and ease my pain. It's like a cool breeze on a hot summer day. No-one is a progressive two men pop band consisting of the two PORCUPINE TREE members Tim Bowness and Steven Wilson. Tim Bowness vocals are gently and it softly touches your consciousness. His voice is a blend of Hugh Cornwell (ex. STRANGLERS), Paddy McAloon (PREFAB SPROUT) and David Sylvian and the music is as dreamy as any Angelo Badalamenti composition. It's hard to describe the beauty of the music, but mentioning the quieter moments of David Sylvian is close at hands, blended with some soft jazz. The jazz influences are much because of Ian Carr's (NUCLEUS) magnificent trumpet playing. Jesus has returned in the shape of NO-MAN. Highly recommended!

Send comments to Greger (BETA) | Report this review (#18231) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 02, 2004

4 stars This is probably my favourite NO-MAN record.

There's some good variety on this one, and i couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that Ian Carr was playing trumpet on the first track "Only Rain". Ian Carr was the leader of the legendary band NUCLEUS, which was one of the first Jazz / Fusion bands and one of my favourites as well. There is some good synths on this atmospheric song as well. "No Defence" features more trumpet and some good guitar in the background. "Close Your Eyes" is a terrific song with percussion throughout and an abundance of flugelhorn.

"Carolina Skeletons" i'm sure is known to some from the EP it was previously released on 3 years before. Great tune. "Outside The Machine" features some jazzy drum work, and is an ok song.The title track takes some time to grow on you but it will. "Slow It All Down" is a great instrumental with sax courtesy of Theo Travis, some more flugelhorn and synths. "Lighthouse" is one of the best NO-MAN songs ever, it's PORCUPINE TREE sounding with some beautiful flute and organ. "All That You Are" is another amazing tune. It has such a full sound.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#101756) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Review by russellk
4 stars I've really not been looking forward to this review, as I can't make up my mind about this album.

"Slow it all down", BOWNESS sings on 'Returning Jesus', and they do. This album is almost completely devoid of any dance sensibilities, being rather a collection of ambient and minimalist ballads. Any slower and they'd be going backwards. NO-MAN was once layers of rich sound backing BOWNESS's laconic vocals: now the music is as laconic as the words.

The consensus among reviewers is that 'Returning Jesus' is one of NO-MAN's strongest - if not the strongest - album. Not for me. I've tried to pin down exactly why, given the delicate soundscapes WILSON and BOWNESS gift us with, , but I suspect it's nothing more than paling by comparison to 'Flowermouth' and 'Together We're Stranger'.

The opening two tracks pass by without a murmur of interest. They seem barely alive. It's not until 'Close Your Eyes' that I find myself captured: what a beautiful track, simple but with a lovely recurring three-note motif and (yes, yes, yes, he cried) a slow build of the sort I'd feared we'd never see again from this band. 'Carolina Skeletons' is an excellent single, all bones and elbows, but we've already seen both these tracks two years previously. 'Outside the Machine' is worthwhile without being spectacular, the music little more than a framework for BOWNESS's message of rejection: "I don't need you." 'Returning Jesus' and 'Slow it all Down' are really one track, forming the gracious, shimmering core of the album, followed by 'Lighthouse', my favourite track here. Interestingly, this was in existence in demo form in 1994 - and it shows. Would have been right at home on 'Flowermouth' or even 'The Sky Moves Sideways'. In fact, I think I hear THE ORB in there somewhere too. 'All That You Are', a beautiful single, closes the album. Oddly, this single was not released until after the next album.

So lots of good stuff. Some great stuff even. Why am I so uneasy then?

See, by now PORCUPINE TREE had evolved from a self-confessed joke band through space-rock to an increasingly tight crossover prog band, a real player on the global stage. NO-MAN was the poor relation. Listening to this album, I have the feeling that we don't get as much of STEVEN WILSON as we have the right to expect. Certainly not given these songs were up to seven years in the making. Kudos for WILSON for not abandoning the project, especially in the light of what was to come, but I can't help wondering what he might have made of some of these tracks had this still been his main project. Perhaps they'd be exactly the same.

It doesn't make sense, but unaccountably, every time I reach the end of this album, I feel disappointed. A curmudgeonly three stars, though my head tells me it's worth four. No, I've changed my mind. Four stars. Too beautiful for three.

Send comments to russellk (BETA) | Report this review (#144926) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars After the more dance and trip-hop oriented album Wild Opera, Returning Jesus revisited the style and sound of Flowermouth, meaning balladry sadness extended with soft jazz elements and mildly progressive and ambient influences.

Returning Jesus was one of the first No-Man albums that came under the attention of the growing numbers of Porcupine Tree fans in 2001 but it didn't seem to appeal massively. Also for me it hasn't been a stable love affair. Just as on Flowermouth there are stellar moody rock songs such as the opening track Only Rain, but those songs have to indulge the presence of lesser ballads such No Defense and Caronlina Skeletons

As with most No-man's albums Tim Bowness continues to be the stumbling block. Depending on the song, his affected way of singing can be entirely heartfelt and compelling, as much as it can sound contrived and tedious. He's a limited vocalist and needs the best possible material in order to shine. A more dynamic singer could have made Close Your Eyes into a compelling ballad, but Bowness keeps the mood too samey and tame.

Returning Jesus is a good atmospheric rock album with some outstanding moments. The quality for excellence is there, so it will surely appeal more to some listeners then it does to me. It just made me hold my breath for what was to come if they would give it their very best. 3.5 stars

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#282865) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 21, 2010

5 stars Flowermouth, Together We're Stranger, Schoolyard Ghosts and Returning Jesus are my favorite albums of NO MAN, all of them for me, five stars, because of the style of music represented in here, more than psychedelic or space prog, it goes farther, they have more the tendency of ambient prog roc ... (read more)

Report this review (#1020436) | Posted by Memo_anathemo | Sunday, August 18, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Returning Jesus -- No-Man Returning Jesus is the epitome of an atmospheric, beautiful album. Tim Bowness and Steven Wilson have truly created a work of art with this album. Returning Jesus is a very melancholic work, yet full of brilliant and shimmering instrumentation. Clearly i ... (read more)

Report this review (#427254) | Posted by The Monodrone | Sunday, April 03, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars One of Steven Wilson's and Tim Bowness' strongest albums. Featuring the lingering atmospheric beauty of the string-drenched opener Only Rain and the electronic strangeness of the title track, Returning Jesus makes for a mighty fine prelude to the even more delicate and ambitious Together We'r ... (read more)

Report this review (#56204) | Posted by The Sea Priest | Sunday, November 13, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This is one of the best kept secrets in music today. This is my first encounter with No Man, and although a little skeptical to begin with, this album has blown my mind! All the songs have something new and interesting to offer, and whilst not being 'catchy' in the annoying pop sense, I often find m ... (read more)

Report this review (#18229) | Posted by | Wednesday, November 19, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NO-MAN "Returning Jesus"