RETURNING JESUS

Buy NO-MAN Music
Studio Album, released in 2001

1. Only Rain (7:24)
2. No Defence (5:20)
3. Close Your Eyes (8:25)
4. Carolina Skeletons (5:08)
5. Outside The Machine (5:46)
6. Returning Jesus (5:19)
7. Slow It All Down (3:42)
8. Lighthouse (8:12)
9. All That You Are (4:44)

Search NO-MAN Returning Jesus lyrics

- Rick Edwards / percussion
- David Kosten / synthesizer and cymbal
- Theo Travis / saxophone and flute

3rd Stone Ltd. STONE 038CD CD

NO-MAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NO-MAN Returning Jesus Music

Hidden Art 2003
Wild Opera by No-Man *New CD* US $10.51 Buy It Now 2h 15m
DOMINIQUE PRESCHEZ - NO MAN S LAND (IMPORT) NEW CD US $46.34 Buy It Now 4h 37m
Spanish Fly - Trust No Man [CD New] US $15.62 Buy It Now 5h 18m
Hidden Art Sampler CD... No Man, Tim Bowness, Bass Communion, Cipher... US $20.00 [0 bids]
ELLA FITZGERALD - LET NO MAN WRITE MY EPITAPH (753088404313) - NEW CD BOXSET US $86.34 Buy It Now 5h 49m
No-Man - Together We'Re Stranger [CD New] US $15.74 Buy It Now 10h 6m
How the West Was Won by No Man (US) (CD, Aug-1991, SST) US $4.50 [0 bids]
Krazy Kirk ?- Can't Trust No Man / Ganja Man ORIG UK 12" NEAR MINT MUSLYM US $16.12 Buy It Now 11h 16m
LET NO MAN PUT ASUNDER - FIRST CHOICE - 1977 - RARE PROMO 12" US $17.99 [0 bids]
No-Man - Wild Opera [CD New] US $13.43 Buy It Now 12h 7m
John Simpson - News From No Man's Land CD - 0105P US $11.28 Buy It Now 13h 11m
THE BUSBOYS LP-MONEY DON'T MAKE NO MAN/VOSS REC. VG++ US $7.98 Buy It Now 13h 54m
BEATNIK JAZZ - BILL REDDIE "NO, MAN, NO / HAUNTED HOUSE" CORAL 62506 COOL! - MP3 US $8.00 [0 bids]
Charlie Peacock Advance CD No Man's Land In Carboad Slippack US $4.99 Buy It Now 15h 15m
JOHN MICHAEL MONTGOMERY * NO MAN'S LAND & SOLD * 45 RPM US $5.50 Buy It Now 15h 47m
STAR TREK TV Soundtrack CD Vol 1 The Cage & Where No Man Has Gone Before 1990 NM US $4.99 Buy It Now 15h 55m
Zanister - Fear No Man US $7.95 Buy It Now 16h 20m
Souls of Mischief - No Man's Land Cassette BRAND NEW Rare RAP US $4.99 [1 bids]
NO -MAN - WILD OPERA NEW CD US $18.18 Buy It Now 18h 51m
NO -MAN - TOGETHER WERE STRANGERS: 5.1 MIX (+DVD) NEW CD US $20.72 Buy It Now 19h 19m
First Choice feat Rochelle Fleming - Let No Man Put Asunder CD Double J 1993 US $28.99 Buy It Now 20h 15m
Jacques Higelin No Man's Land LP 1978 NEAR MINT ORIG IMPORT PRESSING WITH INSERT US $6.99 [0 bids]
BUS BOYS-MONEY DON'T MAKE NO MAN 1988 VINYL LP SEALED! MINT! RARE ALBUM! US $16.99 Buy It Now 22h 22m
Ella Fitzgerald Let No Man Write My Epitaph Classic LP Sealed US $49.99 Buy It Now 22h 35m
WARP -9 - NO MAN IS AN ISLAND / LIGHT YEARS AWAY NEW CD US $17.46 Buy It Now 1 day
jammy$ 12":COCOA TEA-kill no man (hear) US $24.18 Buy It Now 1 day
No-Man - Together WeRe Stranger CD KSCOPE US $18.20 Buy It Now 1 day
No-Man - Speak CD US $15.01 Buy It Now 1 day
Billy Joel - No Man's Land (CDs) 4 Tracks - Mint/New - Fast Postage - Rare CD 2 US $8.05 Buy It Now 1 day
Lene Lovich - No Man s Land ( LP Clear Vinyl Transparant ) US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
No-Man Love & Endings CD/Dvd Album PORCUPINE TREE AND STEVEN WILSON US $16.12 Buy It Now 1 day
SINEAD O' CONNOR German 2000 PROMO CD Single No Man's Woman NearMINT US $6.44 Buy It Now 1 day
How the West Was Won by No Man (US) (CD, Aug-1991, SST) US $0.50 [0 bids]
ED LE FANT No Man's Land CD US $11.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Whamon Express by No Man (US) (CD, SST) US $4.50 [0 bids]
NO-MAN - SPEAK - KSCOPE129M US $14.34 Buy It Now 1 day
No-Man - Heaven Taste [CD New] US $13.58 Buy It Now 1 day
Warp 9 - No Man Is An Island/Light Years Away [CD New] US $14.98 Buy It Now 1 day
BILLY JOEL DUTCH 1993 7" Single NO MAN'S LAND DiscNEW US $4.82 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BUS BOYS: Money Dont Make No Man LP VOSS RECORDS P11G72915 US 1988 NM US $6.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Esther James No Man is Above the Law I Have Kept the Faith Calypso LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
No Man's Land - The Best Of 1994-2012 NEW CD Digi US $18.54 Buy It Now 1 day
No Man's Land 10 song CD 2000 US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
WARP 9 - No Man Is An Island ~ 12" Single US $12.89 Buy It Now 1 day
Midnight Man by The Blues Torpedoes - 1995 CD - I Declare - I Don't Want No Man US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NO MAN ROGER MILLER Win! CD Mission Of Burma Volcano Suns US $2.99 [0 bids]
Richard Barbieri Tim Bownwss Flame Japan CD No Man Steven Wilson Porcupine Tree US $149.99 Buy It Now 1 day
HEVIA-TIERRA DE NADIE/NO MAN'S LAND-ADVANCE PROMO CD-RARE-CELTIC-Bagpipes-1999 US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Ella Fitzgerald - Let No Man Write My Epitaph [Vinyl New] US $89.32 Buy It Now 1 day
NO MAN'S LAND Film Soundtrack LP 1987 BASIL POLEDOURIS Charlie Sheen Varese NEW US $29.04 Buy It Now 1 day
VELMA MAIA THOMAS "No Man Can Hinder Me" Book with CD US $12.49 Buy It Now 1 day
NO -MAN - HEAVEN TASTE NEW CD US $21.79 Buy It Now 1 day
LENE LOVICH-NO MAN'S LAND US $8.00 [0 bids]
JEANETTE MILLER LP No Man Canna Hinder Me! US $19.99 [0 bids]
JOHN MICHAEL MONTGOMERY "NO MAN'S LAND" 45 US $1.50 Buy It Now 1 day
WILMA BURGESS "AIN'T GOT NO MAN / MISTY BLUE" 45 US $1.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Rasco ?- Time Waits For No Man Album 2LP (12" Vinyl) US $29.00 Buy It Now 1 day
No-Man - Schoolyard Ghosts CD/DVD-A Digipak 2008 * Steven Wilson * US $0.87 [1 bids]
No Man - How The West Was Won - New CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RASCO time waits for no man 12" 2 VG+ STH 2014 Disc 2 Vinyl 1998 Record US $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Ella Sings Songs from "Let No Man Write My Epitaph" [4/8] by Ella Fitzgerald... US $34.54 Buy It Now 2 days
NO-MAN Together We're Stranger MINT 180G VINYL LP LIMIT US $88.97 Buy It Now 2 days
NO-MAN Together SPEAK MINT 180G VINYL LP LIMIT US $88.97 Buy It Now 2 days
No-Man 'Returning Jesus' CD New (Porcupine Tree) US $14.50 Buy It Now 2 days
M-3 CD Roger Miller & brothers MIssion of Burma sealed new Sproton Layer No Man US $2.99 [0 bids]
HEVIA_No Man's Land tierra de nadie_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA_r4 US $8.81 Buy It Now 2 days
ESTHER JAMES NO MAN IS ABOVE THE LAW ANSWERS I HAVE KEPT THE FAITH LP SEALED!!! US $5.99 [0 bids]
WARP 9 NO MAN'S AN ISLAND WLP VINYL 12'' US $3.00 Buy It Now 2 days
No Man Days in The Trees UK Vinyl 12 inch Single Porcupine Tree Steven Wilson US $69.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LENE LOVICH - 12" LP VINYL ALBUM - NO MAN'S LAND US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Warp 9: No man is an island 12" 12inch vinyl record single 4f US $3.38 Buy It Now 2 days
LENE LOVICH ~ No-Man"s-Land LP(US) It's Only You (Mein Schmerz) 12' (UK) -Lot US $12.65 Buy It Now 2 days
Charlie Peacock - No Man's Land [Vinyl New] US $24.24 Buy It Now 2 days
WARP 9 NO MAN IS AN ISLAND REMIX / DUB 12" PRISM WLP PROMO US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
No Man Is Roger Miller,NEW CD,How the West Was Won,Mission of Burma,How the West US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Martyn Wyndham-Read and No Man's Band beneath A Southern Sky Cassette US $11.28 Buy It Now 2 days
45rpm~TUCKER,Tanya~Would You Lay With Me/No Man's Land ?4-45991?Vinyl 7" Record? US $3.45 Buy It Now 2 days
Billy Joel CD - No Man's Land - from album River Of Dreams US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
John Michael Montgomery CD - No Man's Land US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
1 BOB SEGER against the wind / no man's land JUKEBOX TITLE STRIP US $2.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE VAN DYKES~No Man Is An Island bw I Won't Hold It. . MALA [Bell-Amy] OCS 1965 US $15.95 Buy It Now 2 days
No-Man "All That You Are" CD (Hidden Art 18, 2003) **Free Shipping** US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
No-Man "Heaven Taste" Original Rare (Hi-Art 1) Made in Austria **Free Shipping** US $32.99 Buy It Now 2 days
No-Man "Heaven Taste" CD (Remastered Hidden Art 1) **Free Shipping** US $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
No-Man "Housewives Hooked On Heroin" (Hidden Art 12, 1996) **Free Shipping** US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
No-Man "Flowermouth" CD Snapper Music-2005 Steven Wilson **Free Shipping** US $13.79 Buy It Now 2 days
No-Man "Together We're Stranger" (UK) (CD, May-2007, Snapper) **Free Shipping** US $13.49 Buy It Now 2 days
No-Man "Returning Jesus" (UK) (CD, Feb-2001, Hidden Art) **Free Shipping** US $17.92 Buy It Now 2 days
No-Man "Speak" [Italy] (UK) (CD, Sep-2009, Kscope) **Free Shipping** US $11.59 Buy It Now 2 days
No-Man "All The Blue Changes: An Anthology 1988-2003" CD (Hidden Art 19, 2006) US $17.41 Buy It Now 2 days
No-Man/Richard Barbieri/Tim Bowness Rare Promo Disc Wired Magazine *Free Shippin US $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Go,There is no man, PUNK ROCK 7" US $14.50 Buy It Now 2 days
LARRY HARRISON: No Man Can Stand Alone / Top Of The Mountain (soul vinyl 45) US $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Rufus Mr Soul Beacham with Take It Easy Baby/No Man Is King Scepter 45 US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BUSBOYS Money Don't Make No Man (1988) Vinyl LP NM- (EX) SHRINK US $2.99 [0 bids]
Hello Central, Give Me No Man's Land / Rose of Belgium Edna Brown /Hart 78 RPM US $6.00 [0 bids]
Hello Central, Give Me No Man's Land / Rose of Belgium Edna Brown /Hart 78 RPM US $5.50 [0 bids]
Billy Joel - No Man's Land - All About Soul - Lot of two (2) cd singles US $1.99 [0 bids]
Over Yonder Where The Lilies Grow /The Rose Of No Man's Land Burr/Donovan 78 RPM US $6.00 [0 bids]
Souls Of Mischief- No Man's Land- 12 in US $5.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy NO-MAN music online Buy NO-MAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NO-MAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NO-MAN Returning Jesus ratings distribution

NO-MAN Returning Jesus reviews

Review by Dan Bobrowski
3 stars Interesting, dreamy, delicately intricate. Lots of low key descriptors would fit. No thrashing on this. Steve Wilson's waves of brilliant mellotron, Tim Bowness' angelic voice , as well as the sweetly accented horn playing of Ian Carr and Ian Dixon. Steve Jansen provides a percussive backdrop for a seductive mix sure to make you light a candle and set the lights to low.

Fans of SW's more ambient nature will LOVE this. It'll also appeal to David Sylvian fans.

Send comments to Dan Bobrowski (BETA) | Report this review (#18230) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 27, 2004

Review by Greger
4 stars I feel inner warmth every time I hear the music of English band NO-MAN. It's sooths my soul and ease my pain. It's like a cool breeze on a hot summer day. No-one is a progressive two men pop band consisting of the two PORCUPINE TREE members Tim Bowness and Steven Wilson. Tim Bowness vocals are gently and it softly touches your consciousness. His voice is a blend of Hugh Cornwell (ex. STRANGLERS), Paddy McAloon (PREFAB SPROUT) and David Sylvian and the music is as dreamy as any Angelo Badalamenti composition. It's hard to describe the beauty of the music, but mentioning the quieter moments of David Sylvian is close at hands, blended with some soft jazz. The jazz influences are much because of Ian Carr's (NUCLEUS) magnificent trumpet playing. Jesus has returned in the shape of NO-MAN. Highly recommended!

Send comments to Greger (BETA) | Report this review (#18231) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 02, 2004

4 stars This is probably my favourite NO-MAN record.

There's some good variety on this one, and i couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that Ian Carr was playing trumpet on the first track "Only Rain". Ian Carr was the leader of the legendary band NUCLEUS, which was one of the first Jazz / Fusion bands and one of my favourites as well. There is some good synths on this atmospheric song as well. "No Defence" features more trumpet and some good guitar in the background. "Close Your Eyes" is a terrific song with percussion throughout and an abundance of flugelhorn.

"Carolina Skeletons" i'm sure is known to some from the EP it was previously released on 3 years before. Great tune. "Outside The Machine" features some jazzy drum work, and is an ok song.The title track takes some time to grow on you but it will. "Slow It All Down" is a great instrumental with sax courtesy of Theo Travis, some more flugelhorn and synths. "Lighthouse" is one of the best NO-MAN songs ever, it's PORCUPINE TREE sounding with some beautiful flute and organ. "All That You Are" is another amazing tune. It has such a full sound.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#101756) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Review by russellk
4 stars I've really not been looking forward to this review, as I can't make up my mind about this album.

"Slow it all down", BOWNESS sings on 'Returning Jesus', and they do. This album is almost completely devoid of any dance sensibilities, being rather a collection of ambient and minimalist ballads. Any slower and they'd be going backwards. NO-MAN was once layers of rich sound backing BOWNESS's laconic vocals: now the music is as laconic as the words.

The consensus among reviewers is that 'Returning Jesus' is one of NO-MAN's strongest - if not the strongest - album. Not for me. I've tried to pin down exactly why, given the delicate soundscapes WILSON and BOWNESS gift us with, , but I suspect it's nothing more than paling by comparison to 'Flowermouth' and 'Together We're Stranger'.

The opening two tracks pass by without a murmur of interest. They seem barely alive. It's not until 'Close Your Eyes' that I find myself captured: what a beautiful track, simple but with a lovely recurring three-note motif and (yes, yes, yes, he cried) a slow build of the sort I'd feared we'd never see again from this band. 'Carolina Skeletons' is an excellent single, all bones and elbows, but we've already seen both these tracks two years previously. 'Outside the Machine' is worthwhile without being spectacular, the music little more than a framework for BOWNESS's message of rejection: "I don't need you." 'Returning Jesus' and 'Slow it all Down' are really one track, forming the gracious, shimmering core of the album, followed by 'Lighthouse', my favourite track here. Interestingly, this was in existence in demo form in 1994 - and it shows. Would have been right at home on 'Flowermouth' or even 'The Sky Moves Sideways'. In fact, I think I hear THE ORB in there somewhere too. 'All That You Are', a beautiful single, closes the album. Oddly, this single was not released until after the next album.

So lots of good stuff. Some great stuff even. Why am I so uneasy then?

See, by now PORCUPINE TREE had evolved from a self-confessed joke band through space-rock to an increasingly tight crossover prog band, a real player on the global stage. NO-MAN was the poor relation. Listening to this album, I have the feeling that we don't get as much of STEVEN WILSON as we have the right to expect. Certainly not given these songs were up to seven years in the making. Kudos for WILSON for not abandoning the project, especially in the light of what was to come, but I can't help wondering what he might have made of some of these tracks had this still been his main project. Perhaps they'd be exactly the same.

It doesn't make sense, but unaccountably, every time I reach the end of this album, I feel disappointed. A curmudgeonly three stars, though my head tells me it's worth four. No, I've changed my mind. Four stars. Too beautiful for three.

Send comments to russellk (BETA) | Report this review (#144926) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars After the more dance and trip-hop oriented album Wild Opera, Returning Jesus revisited the style and sound of Flowermouth, meaning balladry sadness extended with soft jazz elements and mildly progressive and ambient influences.

Returning Jesus was one of the first No-Man albums that came under the attention of the growing numbers of Porcupine Tree fans in 2001 but it didn't seem to appeal massively. Also for me it hasn't been a stable love affair. Just as on Flowermouth there are stellar moody rock songs such as the opening track Only Rain, but those songs have to indulge the presence of lesser ballads such No Defense and Caronlina Skeletons

As with most No-man's albums Tim Bowness continues to be the stumbling block. Depending on the song, his affected way of singing can be entirely heartfelt and compelling, as much as it can sound contrived and tedious. He's a limited vocalist and needs the best possible material in order to shine. A more dynamic singer could have made Close Your Eyes into a compelling ballad, but Bowness keeps the mood too samey and tame.

Returning Jesus is a good atmospheric rock album with some outstanding moments. The quality for excellence is there, so it will surely appeal more to some listeners then it does to me. It just made me hold my breath for what was to come if they would give it their very best. 3.5 stars

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#282865) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 21, 2010

5 stars Flowermouth, Together We're Stranger, Schoolyard Ghosts and Returning Jesus are my favorite albums of NO MAN, all of them for me, five stars, because of the style of music represented in here, more than psychedelic or space prog, it goes farther, they have more the tendency of ambient prog roc ... (read more)

Report this review (#1020436) | Posted by Memo_anathemo | Sunday, August 18, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Returning Jesus -- No-Man Returning Jesus is the epitome of an atmospheric, beautiful album. Tim Bowness and Steven Wilson have truly created a work of art with this album. Returning Jesus is a very melancholic work, yet full of brilliant and shimmering instrumentation. Clearly i ... (read more)

Report this review (#427254) | Posted by The Monodrone | Sunday, April 03, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars One of Steven Wilson's and Tim Bowness' strongest albums. Featuring the lingering atmospheric beauty of the string-drenched opener Only Rain and the electronic strangeness of the title track, Returning Jesus makes for a mighty fine prelude to the even more delicate and ambitious Together We'r ... (read more)

Report this review (#56204) | Posted by The Sea Priest | Sunday, November 13, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This is one of the best kept secrets in music today. This is my first encounter with No Man, and although a little skeptical to begin with, this album has blown my mind! All the songs have something new and interesting to offer, and whilst not being 'catchy' in the annoying pop sense, I often find m ... (read more)

Report this review (#18229) | Posted by | Wednesday, November 19, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NO-MAN "Returning Jesus"