RETURNING JESUS

Buy NO-MAN Music
Studio Album, released in 2001

1. Only Rain (7:24)
2. No Defence (5:20)
3. Close Your Eyes (8:25)
4. Carolina Skeletons (5:08)
5. Outside The Machine (5:46)
6. Returning Jesus (5:19)
7. Slow It All Down (3:42)
8. Lighthouse (8:12)
9. All That You Are (4:44)

Search NO-MAN Returning Jesus lyrics

- Rick Edwards / percussion
- David Kosten / synthesizer and cymbal
- Theo Travis / saxophone and flute

3rd Stone Ltd. STONE 038CD CD

NO-MAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NO-MAN Returning Jesus Music

Remastered
Kscope 2008
Wild OperaWild Opera
Kscope 2013
NO MAN'S LAND Film Soundtrack LP 1987 BASIL POLEDOURIS Charlie Sheen Varese NEW US $28.86 Buy It Now 36m 16s
VELMA MAIA THOMAS "No Man Can Hinder Me" Book with CD US $12.49 Buy It Now 50m 36s
NO -MAN - HEAVEN TASTE NEW CD US $21.68 Buy It Now 1h 55m
LENE LOVICH-NO MAN'S LAND US $8.00 [0 bids]
JEANETTE MILLER LP No Man Canna Hinder Me! US $19.99 [0 bids]
JOHN MICHAEL MONTGOMERY "NO MAN'S LAND" 45 US $1.50 Buy It Now 6h 8m
WILMA BURGESS "AIN'T GOT NO MAN / MISTY BLUE" 45 US $1.50 Buy It Now 6h 12m
Rasco ?- Time Waits For No Man Album 2LP (12" Vinyl) US $29.00 Buy It Now 6h 40m
No-Man - Schoolyard Ghosts CD/DVD-A Digipak 2008 * Steven Wilson * US $0.87 [1 bids]
No Man - How The West Was Won - New CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 8h 48m
RASCO time waits for no man 12" 2 VG+ STH 2014 Disc 2 Vinyl 1998 Record US $12.00 Buy It Now 10h 8m
Ella Sings Songs from "Let No Man Write My Epitaph" [4/8] by Ella Fitzgerald... US $34.56 Buy It Now 10h 23m
NO-MAN Together We're Stranger MINT 180G VINYL LP LIMIT US $88.97 Buy It Now 14h 53m
NO-MAN Together SPEAK MINT 180G VINYL LP LIMIT US $88.97 Buy It Now 14h 57m
No-Man 'Returning Jesus' CD New (Porcupine Tree) US $14.41 Buy It Now 15h 49m
M-3 CD Roger Miller & brothers MIssion of Burma sealed new Sproton Layer No Man US $2.99 [0 bids]
HEVIA_No Man's Land tierra de nadie_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA_r4 US $8.76 Buy It Now 16h 2m
ESTHER JAMES NO MAN IS ABOVE THE LAW ANSWERS I HAVE KEPT THE FAITH LP SEALED!!! US $5.99 [0 bids]
WARP 9 NO MAN'S AN ISLAND WLP VINYL 12'' US $3.00 Buy It Now 16h 44m
No Man Days in The Trees UK Vinyl 12 inch Single Porcupine Tree Steven Wilson US $69.99 Buy It Now 16h 48m
LENE LOVICH - 12" LP VINYL ALBUM - NO MAN'S LAND US $4.99 Buy It Now 18h 47m
Warp 9: No man is an island 12" 12inch vinyl record single 4f US $3.38 Buy It Now 19h 31m
LENE LOVICH ~ No-Man"s-Land LP(US) It's Only You (Mein Schmerz) 12' (UK) -Lot US $12.65 Buy It Now 19h 47m
Charlie Peacock - No Man's Land [Vinyl New] US $24.24 Buy It Now 20h 16m
WARP 9 NO MAN IS AN ISLAND REMIX / DUB 12" PRISM WLP PROMO US $9.99 Buy It Now 20h 55m
No Man Is Roger Miller,NEW CD,How the West Was Won,Mission of Burma,How the West US $4.99 Buy It Now 20h 59m
Martyn Wyndham-Read and No Man's Band beneath A Southern Sky Cassette US $11.21 Buy It Now 21h 12m
45rpm~TUCKER,Tanya~Would You Lay With Me/No Man's Land ?4-45991?Vinyl 7" Record? US $3.45 Buy It Now 21h 14m
Billy Joel CD - No Man's Land - from album River Of Dreams US $3.99 Buy It Now 23h 10m
John Michael Montgomery CD - No Man's Land US $3.99 Buy It Now 23h 11m
1 BOB SEGER against the wind / no man's land JUKEBOX TITLE STRIP US $2.00 Buy It Now 23h 47m
THE VAN DYKES~No Man Is An Island bw I Won't Hold It. . MALA [Bell-Amy] OCS 1965 US $15.95 Buy It Now 23h 56m
No-Man "All That You Are" CD (Hidden Art 18, 2003) **Free Shipping** US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
No-Man "Heaven Taste" Original Rare (Hi-Art 1) Made in Austria **Free Shipping** US $32.99 Buy It Now 1 day
No-Man "Heaven Taste" CD (Remastered Hidden Art 1) **Free Shipping** US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
No-Man "Housewives Hooked On Heroin" (Hidden Art 12, 1996) **Free Shipping** US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
No-Man "Flowermouth" CD Snapper Music-2005 Steven Wilson **Free Shipping** US $13.79 Buy It Now 1 day
No-Man "Together We're Stranger" (UK) (CD, May-2007, Snapper) **Free Shipping** US $13.49 Buy It Now 1 day
No-Man "Returning Jesus" (UK) (CD, Feb-2001, Hidden Art) **Free Shipping** US $17.92 Buy It Now 1 day
No-Man "Speak" [Italy] (UK) (CD, Sep-2009, Kscope) **Free Shipping** US $11.59 Buy It Now 1 day
No-Man "All The Blue Changes: An Anthology 1988-2003" CD (Hidden Art 19, 2006) US $17.41 Buy It Now 1 day
No-Man/Richard Barbieri/Tim Bowness Rare Promo Disc Wired Magazine *Free Shippin US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Go,There is no man, PUNK ROCK 7" US $14.50 Buy It Now 1 day
LARRY HARRISON: No Man Can Stand Alone / Top Of The Mountain (soul vinyl 45) US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Rufus Mr Soul Beacham with Take It Easy Baby/No Man Is King Scepter 45 US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BUSBOYS Money Don't Make No Man (1988) Vinyl LP NM- (EX) SHRINK US $2.99 [0 bids]
Hello Central, Give Me No Man's Land / Rose of Belgium Edna Brown /Hart 78 RPM US $6.00 [0 bids]
Hello Central, Give Me No Man's Land / Rose of Belgium Edna Brown /Hart 78 RPM US $5.50 [0 bids]
Billy Joel - No Man's Land - All About Soul - Lot of two (2) cd singles US $1.99 [0 bids]
Over Yonder Where The Lilies Grow /The Rose Of No Man's Land Burr/Donovan 78 RPM US $6.00 [0 bids]
Souls Of Mischief- No Man's Land- 12 in US $5.00 [0 bids]
PROMO CD SINEAD O'CONNOR - No Man's Woman (RARE Australian Pop 90's) US $0.87 [0 bids]
NO -MAN - RETURNING JESUS NEW CD US $21.68 Buy It Now 1 day
No-Man - Wild Opera 2CD Digibook reissue 2010 * Steven Wilson * US $4.52 [5 bids]
45 RPM RECORD "NO MAN IS AN ISLAND" BY DON CORNELL US $0.25 [0 bids]
NEW Let No Man Write My Epitaph by Compact Disc Book Free Shipping US $47.44 Buy It Now 1 day
Bob Seger Against The Wind b/w No Man's Land 7" 45 Single Record 1980 US $0.01 [0 bids]
Jimmy Lewis: It Ain't What's on the Woman / There Ain't No Man.. [Unplayed Copy] US $6.97 Buy It Now 1 day
No Man,NEW CD,Whamon Express,Roger Miller,Mission of Burma,Alloy Orchestra.,Wham US $4.49 Buy It Now 1 day
NO-MAN Schoolyard Ghosts Double CD 2014 Reissue NEW & SEALED US $17.56 Buy It Now 1 day
No-Man - Lovesighs (CD) US $43.27 Buy It Now 1 day
(AF385) Beverley Knight, No Man's Land - DJ CD US $4.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Spanish Fly - Trust No Man [CD New] US $13.76 Buy It Now 1 day
WARP 9 NO MAN IS AN ISLAND 12" MINT SEALED US $12.81 Buy It Now 1 day
J. Ireland - Vexilla Regis/Greater Love Hath No Man/& CD US $15.54 Buy It Now 1 day
78 RPM RECORD DON CORNELL ALL AT ONCE / NO MAN IS AN ISLAND CORAL RECORDS 61253 US $2.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Spanish Fly - Trust No Man CD US $17.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Spanish Fly - Trust No Man CD SL ENTERTAINMENT US $17.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Ella Fitzgerald - Let No Man Write My Epitaph 200G Vinyl Record LP US $97.16 Buy It Now 1 day
DINA CARROLL-Ain't No Man-7" 45rpm Record-A&M-AM 0001-1992 US $3.19 [0 bids]
THE BLUE BONNETS. NO MAN'S LAND. BRAND NEW CD ALBUM US $4.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Lene Lovich "No-Man's-Land" LP US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
TERRY RILEY NO MAN'S LAND SIROCCO PLAINISPHARE SWISS CD US $59.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Calypso 45 MERCHANT Let No Man Judge KALINDA HEAR US $8.00 [0 bids]
DENNIS BROWN No Man Is An Island LLOYD WILLIAMS For Your Love 45 Studio One MP3 US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ed Le Fant - No Man's Land - UK CD Single US $11.83 Buy It Now 1 day
RACHAEL MCSHANE - NO MAN'S FOOL NEW CD US $21.33 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BUS BOYS ''MONEY DON"T MAKE NO MAN'' ORIG.1988 LP&SLEEVE1ST PRESS EXC.TO NM. US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rusite Lee - No Man (Shut Your Mout) - UK CD Single US $27.51 Buy It Now 1 day
Rare Country 45 - Jimmy Heap - See No Man No Yo Yo - Big Band # 1001 US $7.99 [0 bids]
LENE LOVICH NO MAN'S LAND 1982 AUSTRALIAN FESTIVAL/STIFF L37894 US $24.03 Buy It Now 1 day
No-Man - Returning Jesus [CD New] US $15.42 Buy It Now 1 day
No Man's Land by Souls of Mischief CD 1995 Jive HIEROGLYPHICS LIKE NEW 90's rap US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SINEAD O'CONNOR NO MAN'S WOMAN HONG KONG PROMO CD SINGLE US $9.99 [0 bids]
No-Man : Speak CD (2008) US $22.45 Buy It Now 1 day
TIM BUCKLEY Goodbye And Hello LP UK No Man Can Find The War Hallucinations US $69.99 Buy It Now 1 day
No Man: All the Blue Changes an Anthology 1988 - 2003 CD x2 NEAR MINT discs US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Lene Lovich 4 LP Lot Stiff Records No-Man's-Land, Flex, New Joy, Stateless US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Faith and Courage by Sinead O'Connor (CD, Jan-2000, Atlantic) No Man's Woman US $2.99 [0 bids]
Tim Bowness / Samuel Smiles Live Archive 2 / New (No-Man) official CDr US $22.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Tim Bowness / Samuel Smiles Live Archive 1 / New (No-Man) official CDr US $22.49 Buy It Now 1 day
No Man Taking It Like A Man 1994 Trance, Ambient, Vinyl, 12" Rare US $0.99 [0 bids]
JAZZ AILEEN STANLEY No Man's Mamma/Mighty Blue VICTOR 19863 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Lene Lovich No Man's Land LP FIRST PRESS FREE U.S. SHIPPING LOOK US $7.77 Buy It Now 2 days
Bob Seger Against The Wind No Man's Land 45 1980 Capitol Records 4863 US $7.00 Buy It Now 2 days
LET NO MAN PUT ASUNDER - FIRST CHOICE - 1977 - RARE PROMO 12" US $17.99 [0 bids]
VAN DYKES: I Won't Hold It Against You / No Man Is An Island 45 (sl label wear) US $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Lene Lovich No Man's Land West Germany CD US $32.50 [0 bids]
WARP 9-NO MAN IS AN ISLAND~ELECTRO 12**LISTEN US $2.99 [0 bids]
4 Edison Blue Amberol Cylinders~WWI Songs, No Man's Land, Dixieland, Kaiser US $29.95 [0 bids]

More places to buy NO-MAN music online Buy NO-MAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NO-MAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NO-MAN Returning Jesus ratings distribution

NO-MAN Returning Jesus reviews

Review by Dan Bobrowski
3 stars Interesting, dreamy, delicately intricate. Lots of low key descriptors would fit. No thrashing on this. Steve Wilson's waves of brilliant mellotron, Tim Bowness' angelic voice , as well as the sweetly accented horn playing of Ian Carr and Ian Dixon. Steve Jansen provides a percussive backdrop for a seductive mix sure to make you light a candle and set the lights to low.

Fans of SW's more ambient nature will LOVE this. It'll also appeal to David Sylvian fans.

Send comments to Dan Bobrowski (BETA) | Report this review (#18230) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 27, 2004

Review by Greger
4 stars I feel inner warmth every time I hear the music of English band NO-MAN. It's sooths my soul and ease my pain. It's like a cool breeze on a hot summer day. No-one is a progressive two men pop band consisting of the two PORCUPINE TREE members Tim Bowness and Steven Wilson. Tim Bowness vocals are gently and it softly touches your consciousness. His voice is a blend of Hugh Cornwell (ex. STRANGLERS), Paddy McAloon (PREFAB SPROUT) and David Sylvian and the music is as dreamy as any Angelo Badalamenti composition. It's hard to describe the beauty of the music, but mentioning the quieter moments of David Sylvian is close at hands, blended with some soft jazz. The jazz influences are much because of Ian Carr's (NUCLEUS) magnificent trumpet playing. Jesus has returned in the shape of NO-MAN. Highly recommended!

Send comments to Greger (BETA) | Report this review (#18231) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 02, 2004

4 stars This is probably my favourite NO-MAN record.

There's some good variety on this one, and i couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that Ian Carr was playing trumpet on the first track "Only Rain". Ian Carr was the leader of the legendary band NUCLEUS, which was one of the first Jazz / Fusion bands and one of my favourites as well. There is some good synths on this atmospheric song as well. "No Defence" features more trumpet and some good guitar in the background. "Close Your Eyes" is a terrific song with percussion throughout and an abundance of flugelhorn.

"Carolina Skeletons" i'm sure is known to some from the EP it was previously released on 3 years before. Great tune. "Outside The Machine" features some jazzy drum work, and is an ok song.The title track takes some time to grow on you but it will. "Slow It All Down" is a great instrumental with sax courtesy of Theo Travis, some more flugelhorn and synths. "Lighthouse" is one of the best NO-MAN songs ever, it's PORCUPINE TREE sounding with some beautiful flute and organ. "All That You Are" is another amazing tune. It has such a full sound.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#101756) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Review by russellk
4 stars I've really not been looking forward to this review, as I can't make up my mind about this album.

"Slow it all down", BOWNESS sings on 'Returning Jesus', and they do. This album is almost completely devoid of any dance sensibilities, being rather a collection of ambient and minimalist ballads. Any slower and they'd be going backwards. NO-MAN was once layers of rich sound backing BOWNESS's laconic vocals: now the music is as laconic as the words.

The consensus among reviewers is that 'Returning Jesus' is one of NO-MAN's strongest - if not the strongest - album. Not for me. I've tried to pin down exactly why, given the delicate soundscapes WILSON and BOWNESS gift us with, , but I suspect it's nothing more than paling by comparison to 'Flowermouth' and 'Together We're Stranger'.

The opening two tracks pass by without a murmur of interest. They seem barely alive. It's not until 'Close Your Eyes' that I find myself captured: what a beautiful track, simple but with a lovely recurring three-note motif and (yes, yes, yes, he cried) a slow build of the sort I'd feared we'd never see again from this band. 'Carolina Skeletons' is an excellent single, all bones and elbows, but we've already seen both these tracks two years previously. 'Outside the Machine' is worthwhile without being spectacular, the music little more than a framework for BOWNESS's message of rejection: "I don't need you." 'Returning Jesus' and 'Slow it all Down' are really one track, forming the gracious, shimmering core of the album, followed by 'Lighthouse', my favourite track here. Interestingly, this was in existence in demo form in 1994 - and it shows. Would have been right at home on 'Flowermouth' or even 'The Sky Moves Sideways'. In fact, I think I hear THE ORB in there somewhere too. 'All That You Are', a beautiful single, closes the album. Oddly, this single was not released until after the next album.

So lots of good stuff. Some great stuff even. Why am I so uneasy then?

See, by now PORCUPINE TREE had evolved from a self-confessed joke band through space-rock to an increasingly tight crossover prog band, a real player on the global stage. NO-MAN was the poor relation. Listening to this album, I have the feeling that we don't get as much of STEVEN WILSON as we have the right to expect. Certainly not given these songs were up to seven years in the making. Kudos for WILSON for not abandoning the project, especially in the light of what was to come, but I can't help wondering what he might have made of some of these tracks had this still been his main project. Perhaps they'd be exactly the same.

It doesn't make sense, but unaccountably, every time I reach the end of this album, I feel disappointed. A curmudgeonly three stars, though my head tells me it's worth four. No, I've changed my mind. Four stars. Too beautiful for three.

Send comments to russellk (BETA) | Report this review (#144926) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars After the more dance and trip-hop oriented album Wild Opera, Returning Jesus revisited the style and sound of Flowermouth, meaning balladry sadness extended with soft jazz elements and mildly progressive and ambient influences.

Returning Jesus was one of the first No-Man albums that came under the attention of the growing numbers of Porcupine Tree fans in 2001 but it didn't seem to appeal massively. Also for me it hasn't been a stable love affair. Just as on Flowermouth there are stellar moody rock songs such as the opening track Only Rain, but those songs have to indulge the presence of lesser ballads such No Defense and Caronlina Skeletons

As with most No-man's albums Tim Bowness continues to be the stumbling block. Depending on the song, his affected way of singing can be entirely heartfelt and compelling, as much as it can sound contrived and tedious. He's a limited vocalist and needs the best possible material in order to shine. A more dynamic singer could have made Close Your Eyes into a compelling ballad, but Bowness keeps the mood too samey and tame.

Returning Jesus is a good atmospheric rock album with some outstanding moments. The quality for excellence is there, so it will surely appeal more to some listeners then it does to me. It just made me hold my breath for what was to come if they would give it their very best. 3.5 stars

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#282865) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 21, 2010

5 stars Flowermouth, Together We're Stranger, Schoolyard Ghosts and Returning Jesus are my favorite albums of NO MAN, all of them for me, five stars, because of the style of music represented in here, more than psychedelic or space prog, it goes farther, they have more the tendency of ambient prog roc ... (read more)

Report this review (#1020436) | Posted by Memo_anathemo | Sunday, August 18, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Returning Jesus -- No-Man Returning Jesus is the epitome of an atmospheric, beautiful album. Tim Bowness and Steven Wilson have truly created a work of art with this album. Returning Jesus is a very melancholic work, yet full of brilliant and shimmering instrumentation. Clearly i ... (read more)

Report this review (#427254) | Posted by The Monodrone | Sunday, April 03, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars One of Steven Wilson's and Tim Bowness' strongest albums. Featuring the lingering atmospheric beauty of the string-drenched opener Only Rain and the electronic strangeness of the title track, Returning Jesus makes for a mighty fine prelude to the even more delicate and ambitious Together We'r ... (read more)

Report this review (#56204) | Posted by The Sea Priest | Sunday, November 13, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This is one of the best kept secrets in music today. This is my first encounter with No Man, and although a little skeptical to begin with, this album has blown my mind! All the songs have something new and interesting to offer, and whilst not being 'catchy' in the annoying pop sense, I often find m ... (read more)

Report this review (#18229) | Posted by | Wednesday, November 19, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NO-MAN "Returning Jesus"