SONG OF SCHEHERAZADE

-Michael Dunford/guitars, vocals
-Jon Camp/bass guitar, vocals
-Terry Sullivan/drums and percussion

Label: Cherry Red

Thanks to rogerthat for the addition

RENAISSANCE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RENAISSANCE Song of Scheherazade Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Symphony of LightSymphony of Light
Red River Entertaint 2014
Live at Carnegie Hall/ The Deluxe Anniversary Edition (2 CD) (Original Recording Remastered)Live at Carnegie Hall/ The Deluxe Anniversary Edition (2 CD) (Original Recording Remastered)
Remastered
Repertoire 1995
The Medici: Godfathers of the Renaissance (DVD, 2005) US $9.89 Buy It Now 1h 5m
VAN NEVEL - RENAISSANCE VOICES NEW DVD US $20.29 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Portrait in the Renaissance, New DVDs US $15.19 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Renaissance Paris 2054 DVD b/w animated sci-fi (2006) US $8.74 Buy It Now 2h 59m
ECLIPSE SERIES 14: ROSSELLINI'S HISTORY FILMS - RENAISSANCE AND - NEW DVD US $48.58 Buy It Now 4h 16m
Soka Gakkai 8 mm old film Shinano Kikaku Meisaku Kagayake Heiwa no Renaissance US $44.00 Buy It Now 5h 31m
Renaissance / Equilibrium [DVD] (2011) Daniel Craig; Catherine McCormack; Jon... US $4.54 Buy It Now 6h 13m
THE GREAT EPOCHS OF EUROPEAN ART: THE ART OF THE RENAISSANCE/BAROQUE - NEW DVD US $21.52 Buy It Now 6h 44m
VHS- RENAISSANCE MAN - 94 - DANNY DeVITO - CLASSIC ! US $4.00 Buy It Now 7h 48m
Just the Facts: The Renaissance DVD Region 1, NTSC US $13.73 Buy It Now 8h 43m
Renaissance Man *New DVD* US $5.03 Buy It Now 10h 32m
Tribal Renaissance - Tribal Fusion Bellydance Performances DVD US $10.99 Buy It Now 11h 42m
Italian Renaissance, New DVDs US $15.90 Buy It Now 11h 55m
Renaissance North of the Alps, New DVDs US $15.51 Buy It Now 11h 55m
Renaissance (DVD, 2007) US $4.00 Buy It Now 12h 52m
Dalai Lama Renaissance DVD narrated by Harrison Ford. By Khashyar Darvich US $6.99 [0 bids]
Lot of 3 Laserdiscs - Cadence, Major Payne & Renaissance Man US $17.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RENAISSANCE PARIS 2054 rare Anime dvd DANIEL CRAIG US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
1 CENT BLU-RAY Equilibrium/Renaissance [Miramax Double Feature] US $0.01 [1 bids]
16mm The Renaissance & The Resurrection Travel To Italy & History/ 1200ft Color US $12.95 [0 bids]
BELLY DANCE at the Renaissance Faire, bellydancing A+++ US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Renaissance Live In Concert Tour 2011, Renaissance, New Box set US $16.86 Buy It Now 1 day
Eclipse Series 14: Rossellini's History Films - Renaissance and Enlightenment... US $29.99 [0 bids]
The Great Courses The Renaissance, Reformation, and Rise of Nations CDs US $49.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Renaissance Paris 2054 Import DVD US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Italian Renaissance DVD US $23.15 Buy It Now 2 days
Landmarks of Western Art:renaissance - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $18.93 Buy It Now 2 days
JTF: THE RENAISSANCE - NEW DVD US $13.74 Buy It Now 2 days
ROSSELLINI'S HISTORY FILMS: Renaissance and Enlightenment, Eclipse 4 DVD Set US $9.95 [1 bids]
Renaissance Live In Concert Tour 2011 *New DVD* US $12.18 Buy It Now 2 days
Renaissance (DVD, 2007) version franšaise incluse US $7.94 Buy It Now 2 days
Renaissance Renaissance Live In Concert Tour 2011 DVD Region 1, NTSC US $12.12 Buy It Now 2 days
Hands on Art History: Early Renaissance US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Just the Facts: The Renaissance - DVD US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
RENAISSANCE DVD Paris 2054 Animated Science Fiction ALL REGION NTSC US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Lot of 3 Laserdiscs Other People's Money, Renaissance Man & The War of the Roses US $17.00 Buy It Now 2 days
RARE VHS,A WALK IN THE PAST,RENAISSANCE FAIRE,PENNSYLVANIA,HISTORY,CORNWELL,PA. US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RARE DVD,PENNSYLVANIA RENAISSANCE FAIRE,THE MAKING OF A FAIRE,HISTORY,BRAND NEW. US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Great Epochs of European Art: The Art of the Renaissance/Baro DVD Region 1, NTSC US $21.51 Buy It Now 2 days
CANALS OF VENICE Venetian Italian Italy Renaissance Europe History A US $15.50 [0 bids]
The Private Life of a Masterpiece: Renaissance Masterpieces (DVD, 2008) US $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Renaissance/Equilibrium (DVD, 2011) NEW Daniel Craig Emily Watson Christian Bale US $0.99 [0 bids]
GREAT EPOCHS OF EUROPEAN ART: ART OF RENAISSANCE NEW DVD US $28.58 Buy It Now 2 days
Hahbi Ru LIVE No. Cal Renaissance Pleasure Faire Tribal Music Helm Music 'Ru DVD US $14.88 Buy It Now 2 days
Da Vinci & Mysteries of the Renaissance (DVD, 2005, 6-Disc Set) Viewed Once US $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RENAISSANCE MAN Letterboxed Edition Laserdisc 2754AS US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Renaissance, New DVDs US $21.21 Buy It Now 3 days
Renaissance (Blu-ray Disc, 2012) US $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Renaissance Man (VHS, 1995) DANNY DEVITO, GREAT COMEDY, FREE S&H US $5.49 [0 bids]
Da Vinci & Mysteries of the Renaissance (DVD, 2005, 6-Disc Set) - NEW!! US $34.99 Buy It Now 3 days
RENAISSANCE MAN NEW DVD US $12.02 Buy It Now 3 days
Renaissance - factory sealed blu-ray US $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Renaissance Live in Concert Tour 2011 - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $21.44 Buy It Now 3 days
Renaissance Man Letterbox Laserdisc LD Danny DeVito US $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BOLSHOI: A RENAISSANCE (FRN)**DENIS SNEGUIREV**DVD US $18.24 Buy It Now 3 days
FLORENCE: Cradle of the Renaissance *New DVD* US $11.07 Buy It Now 3 days
Free Spirits in the Flesh Renaissance Community DVD Michael Metelica Rapunzel US $24.99 [0 bids]
RENAISSANCE [DVD] [2007] [REGION 1] - NEW DVD US $3.14 Buy It Now 3 days
RENAISSANCE MAN Extended Play, Letterbox, 2-Disc Laserdisc - FACTORY SEALED US $4.95 [0 bids]
PAM TILLIS - LIVE AT THE RENAISSANCE CENTER NEW DVD US $17.07 Buy It Now 4 days
16mm Durer and The Renaissance 800' Faded Color US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Bolshoi Theatre & Ballet Sneguirev Gallienne Renaissance DVD US $23.05 Buy It Now 4 days
Renaissance North Of The Alps DVD US $23.15 Buy It Now 4 days
Portrait In The Renaissance DVD US $23.15 Buy It Now 4 days
FREDDY FENDER - LIVE AT THE RENAISSANCE CENTER -NEW DVD US $12.88 Buy It Now 4 days
NEW SEALED RENAISSANCE (DVD 2007) ANIMATED ACTION DANIEL CRAIG - FREE SHIPPING! US $5.77 Buy It Now 4 days
Renaissance Man [VHS], Good VHS, Danny DeVito, Gregory Hines, Jam, Penny Marshal US $1.00 Buy It Now 4 days
FREDDIE FENDER - LIVE AT THE RENAISSANCE CENTER NEW DVD US $8.77 Buy It Now 4 days
Renaissance Man (VHS, 1995) DANNY DEVITO US $2.95 Buy It Now 4 days
1000 Masterworks: The Portrait in the Renaissance (DVD, 2012) US $12.25 Buy It Now 4 days
Renaissance: Kings and Queens (DVD) US $13.30 [0 bids]
Teaching Co Great Course DVDs: ART of the NORTHERN RENAISSANCE new US $89.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Landmarks of Western Art 6 DVD Box Set Baroque Rococo Impressionism Renaissance US $41.99 Buy It Now 4 days
16mm film "RECOGNITION OG MAN - -THE RENAISSANCE" (15-5193B) T1L2R2 US $10.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE SECRET CODE (2008) (Medical Renaissance Series) Dr. Norman Shealy DVD US $7.99 [0 bids]
Empires - The Medici: Godfathers of the Renaissance (VHS, 2004, 2-Tape Set, 2... US $2.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Renaissance US $0.99 [0 bids]
Renaissance - BRAND NEW - FACTORY SEALED US $2.99 [0 bids]
Empires: The Medici - Godfathers of the Renaissance NEW R4 DVD US $22.79 Buy It Now 5 days
Renaissance Live In Concert Tour 2011 DVD US $19.91 Buy It Now 5 days
Great Epochs Of European Art Art Of The Renaissance Baroqe Art & Rococo US $25.77 Buy It Now 5 days
Renaissance Man DVD US $11.28 Buy It Now 5 days
RENAISSANCE/EQUILIBRIUM - NEW DVD US $4.88 Buy It Now 5 days
Dante:first Renaissance Man - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $18.93 Buy It Now 5 days
SNEGUIREV / BOLSHOI THEATRE & BALLET / GALLIENNE - RENAISSANCE NEW DVD US $25.70 Buy It Now 5 days
The Harlem Renaissance (DVD, 2004) US $6.00 [0 bids]
Empires - The Medici: Godfathers of the Renaissance (VHS, 2004, 2-Tape Set CHEAP US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Rossellini's History Films: Renaissance and Enlightenment [Cr DVD Region 1, NTSC US $34.47 Buy It Now 5 days
EQUILIBRIUM/RENAISSANCE [DVD] [CANADIAN] - NEW DVD US $35.35 Buy It Now 5 days
EQUILIBRIUM/RENAISSANCE (WS) - NEW DVD US $10.64 Buy It Now 5 days
Da Vinci & Mysteries Of The Renaissance The Prince The War DVD US $3.94 Buy It Now 5 days
BORGIAS Renaissance Italian Italy History Organized Crime Family Spain A US $15.50 [0 bids]
Renaissance Man - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $9.45 Buy It Now 5 days
Renaissance Gift 2-Pack (NEW VHS) Taming of Shrew & Man for All Seasons US $15.95 Buy It Now 5 days
EMPIRES - THE MEDICI: GODFATHERS OF THE RENAISSANCE - NEW DVD US $13.35 Buy It Now 5 days
Renaissance Man US $3.00 [0 bids]
Da Vinci & Mysteries Of The Renaissance The Artist DVD US $3.44 Buy It Now 5 days
The Great Courses: The Renaissance, The Reformation, and the Rise of Nations US $250.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Medieval Renaissance Borgias Pope Vatican Italy First Season DVD Jeremy Irons US $29.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Dalai Lama Renaissance Volume 1 & Volume 2 - 2 DVDs narrated by Harrison Ford US $39.00 Buy It Now 5 days

More places to buy RENAISSANCE music online Buy RENAISSANCE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RENAISSANCE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RENAISSANCE Song of Scheherazade ratings distribution

RENAISSANCE Song of Scheherazade reviews

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars The first ┤official┤ Renaissance DVD! I was always amazed by the fact that a band of such importance and fame did not have a single video available in the market all these years. Ok, there were some bootlegs you could find, but usually they were either of awful quality or didn┤t feature the classic line up of the 70┤s we all wanted to see. I┤ve wondered if they ever had filmed their Live At Carnegie Hall concert in 1977...So I was quite happy to know that Song Of Scheherazade was planning for release, even if, burned with previous experience, I was a bit aware of how it would turn out. Was it good?

To make matters worse the first copies were defective, with Annie Haslam┤s voice not really in sync with the images. Incredibly, one of those came into my hands and I had some trouble getting a new one. After all this hassle, the resulting DVD is really worth it? Well, the answer is both a yes and a no. Yes, because it is really Renaissance classic line up we all love: Annie Haslam (vocals), John Tout (keyboards), Jon Camp (bass, vocals), Terry Sullivan (drums) and Michael Dunford (guitars). the repertoire is also fantastic: over two hours of live music recorded during a couple of shows, one in 1976 and the other in 1979. Unfortunatly the ┤no┤ part relies on the quality of the the video itself. First of all, it all shot in black & white, believe it or not. Second, the sound quality is far from perfect (although not nearly as atrocious as some bootlegs I┤ve have seen of them).

Being a big fan of the band I went on and dug inside: the two shows are excellent. The former is of course the best one since it includes a stronger setlist with fine performances of classics like Mother Russia, Running Hard and pratically the whole Scheherazade suite. The second concert┤s repertoire relies mostly on their weak (compared to their previous ones, of course) Azzure D┤or album, which, surprisingly, work better on stage than on the studio. And a good version of Song For All Seasons also appears. Camera angles and shots of the band members are good, but clearly nothing like today┤s multi camera angles and stuff like that, but, after all, those were the 70┤s and good filming of rock concerts were the exception, not the rule.

So, in the end was it worth it? to me it was, since it is still classic Renaissance. If it was at least shot in color, I┤d give it a four star rating. The sound quality is only ok, but certainly a big improvement over the ones I┤ve seen before. While I┤m still waiting them to release Live At Carnegie Hall, this one will have to satisfy my need (and others) to see them live. I┤d give it 4,5 stars for the song selection (but the lack of a whole Can You Understand is unforgivable) , 2,5 stars for the sound and 2 stars for the images. So a 3 star rating is fair enough.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#243407) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Review by Ivan_Melgar_M
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Prog Specialist
2 stars Since I heard about this DVD, been searching for it, asked my sister to buy it in USA, but she bought me the Sheherezade and other Stories (well a new copy of a perfect album is always welcome), at last and after a year got it and placed it on the Blu Ray player ready for a great show......What a disappointment.

Of course I knew that the images were in black and white, but this wasn't a problem, I was sure that the band had invested effort in making a good DVD for their faithful fans, but I was wrong, this is probably the worst recorded DVD I ever bought. The images are poor, the sound is infamous, there are sections of Song of Sheherezade that are practically unlistenable, really a waste of money but what is worst, awaste of expectations from an avid fan ready to spend his hard earned bucks in a less than mediocre product.

Please, believe me, I'm not talking about the music, I know each and every song of the band and all are delightful, I'm a fan of RENAISSANCE and there will always be a place in my CD players for songs as Carpet of the Sun, Mother Russia, Ocean Gypsy and of course for their magnificent epic, but this DVD is a disrespect for the fans who waited decades to receive this terrible video.

If a band is not ready to invest in cleaning or remixing old tapes and offer at least a decent DVD, please don't kill our expectations with this kind of subpar releases. Remember that some of us due to our age or nationality were never able to see the band with the amazing Annie Haslam, the mental image we had made about the RENAISSANCE shows is ruined forever and we feel deceived.

5 stars for the selection of tracks, but 0 for the recording, so it's 2 stars in average.

Send comments to Ivan_Melgar_M (BETA) | Report this review (#829754) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 28, 2012

Review by ProgShine
COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions and Crossover Team
3 stars Renaissance is a band I've been in love with since I listen to Ashes Are Burning (1973) around 13 years ago. After that I've been through their discography and I'm still in love with the band.

There was always a curiosity about their live shows, in video format. And nothing could be found. Not even the famous bootlegs.

So, when I've heard about a DVD that had been released with two of their concerts from 70's I was really happy and run to get my copy.

The DVD captures the band in two completely different moments, one in 1976 and other in 1979. Unfortunatelly, it's not worthy!

Of course that if you're a die hard fan this is heaven. But for me, it's really hard to watch the full of it. The video quality is REALLY poor and the audio... is bad (just to not be mean and use another word).

But, even with this really bad overall quality Song Of Scheherazade (2008) can be treated as a historical document, cause there's not much options recorded by the band in the 70's.

One delicious thing about the DVD is seeing Annie Haslam telling sweet jokes and laughing on-stage between the tracks!

Send comments to ProgShine (BETA) | Report this review (#1001513) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 20, 2013

3 stars THIS IS AN ESSENTIAL ITEM FOR RENAISSANCE DIE-HARD FANS. This said I consider this dvd with mixed feelings. It's lovely to see Tout and Camp shining in the greatest period of this band (the 76 section) and still rocking hard (pun intended) in their farewell album Azure D'Or tour. On the othe ... (read more)

Report this review (#765758) | Posted by moodyxadi | Wednesday, June 06, 2012 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I am a truly fan collector of Renaissance. But what was the purpose of editing this DVD? Wasn,t possible to make the technical arrangements to have a good product. Is not enough to be a lover of Renaissance music to appreciate this . Sorry to prejudice ,but it seems this product had the main ... (read more)

Report this review (#251874) | Posted by robbob | Friday, November 20, 2009 | Review Permanlink

3 stars It is Renaissance on stage - playing their magnificent opus. At least, we are able to see them playing live. For a Renaissance die hard fan as I am, it is a gift from heaven ! But please do not introduce the band to someone with this video. Knowing and loving all the tracks here included, ... (read more)

Report this review (#248234) | Posted by Ultime | Thursday, November 05, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I had reviewed this DVD around the time of its release. A rewrite seems appropriate two years hence. As I'd have expected, the DVD did not fare too well with the fans and the band don't appear very keen on unveiling more concert DVDs from the 70s at this point. I have mixed views on that one. ... (read more)

Report this review (#226036) | Posted by rogerthat | Saturday, July 11, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RENAISSANCE "Song of Scheherazade"