SONG OF SCHEHERAZADE

-Michael Dunford/guitars, vocals
-Jon Camp/bass guitar, vocals
-Terry Sullivan/drums and percussion

Label: Cherry Red

Thanks to rogerthat for the addition

RENAISSANCE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RENAISSANCE Song of Scheherazade Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Symphony of LightSymphony of Light
Renaissance Live In Concert Tour 2011Renaissance Live In Concert Tour 2011
Box set
MRI 2012
DVD Audio$11.94
Live at Carnegie Hall/ The Deluxe Anniversary Edition (2 CD) (Original Recording Remastered)Live at Carnegie Hall/ The Deluxe Anniversary Edition (2 CD) (Original Recording Remastered)
Remastered
Friday Music 2009
TuscanyTuscany
REPERTOIRE 2011
In the Land of the Rising SunIn the Land of the Rising Sun
REPERTOIRE 2011
Song for All SeasonsSong for All Seasons
Sire Records 1999
Empires: The Medici - Godfathers of the Renaissance NEW R4 DVD US $24.43 Buy It Now 55m 46s
THE GREAT MASTERS Renaissance Biographies 8 VHS Tapes 2000 Michelangelo Raphael US $30.00 [0 bids]
Renaissance Man DVD US $11.28 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Rossellini's History Films: Renaissance and Enlightenment [Cr DVD US $36.39 Buy It Now 3h
Dante:first Renaissance Man - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $18.93 Buy It Now 3h 33m
SNEGUIREV / BOLSHOI THEATRE & BALLET / GALLIENNE - RENAISSANCE NEW DVD US $27.54 Buy It Now 4h 19m
Empires - The Medici: Godfathers of the Renaissance (VHS, 2004, 2-Tape Set CHEAP US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h
Equilibrium/Renaissance (Blu-ray Disc, 2012) US $8.00 Buy It Now 10h 6m
EQUILIBRIUM/RENAISSANCE [DVD] [CANADIAN] - NEW DVD US $20.11 Buy It Now 10h 29m
EQUILIBRIUM/RENAISSANCE (WS) - NEW DVD US $11.22 Buy It Now 10h 30m
RENAISSANCE MAN Extended Play, Letterbox, 2-Disc Laserdisc - FACTORY SEALED US $5.95 [0 bids]
Renaissance - factory sealed blu-ray US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 10m
Da Vinci & Mysteries Of The Renaissance The Prince The War DVD US $3.94 Buy It Now 12h 26m
High Powered Action: Dead Man / Equilibrium / Renaissance / Texas Rangers US $4.00 Buy It Now 13h 45m
Pipe Dreams - The Renaissance of "Black Beauty" Part 1, Act 1 (DVD, 2004) US $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 59m
Private Life of a Masterpiece, The: Renaissance Masterpieces DVD US $22.48 Buy It Now 18h 32m
Da Vinci & Mysteries Of The Renaissance The Artist DVD US $3.44 Buy It Now 19h 42m
Medieval Renaissance Borgias Pope Vatican Italy First Season DVD Jeremy Irons US $29.99 Buy It Now 22h 16m
RENAISSANCE [BLU-RAY] [2006] [REGION 1] - NEW BLU-RAY US $9.19 Buy It Now 1 day
Renaissance (DVD, 2007) US $2.76 Buy It Now 1 day
Renaissance Man (VHS, 1995) US $8.49 Buy It Now 1 day
FLORENCE: Cradle of the Renaissance - Acceptable US $6.17 Buy It Now 1 day
The Great Courses "Great Artists of the Italian Renaissance" Educational DVDs US $44.95 [0 bids]
NEW 4 MOVIE DVD DEAD MAN EQUILIBRIUM RENAISSANCE TEXAS RANGERS DEPP CRAIG BALE US $9.99 [0 bids]
Renaissance, Very Good DVD, Max Hayter, Isabelle Van Waes, Crystal Shepherd-Cros US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Da Vinci & Mysteries of the Renaissance (DVD, 2005, 6-Disc Set) Brand New US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Renaissance Man DVD US $5.08 Buy It Now 1 day
Dalai Lama Renaissance Volume 1 & Volume 2 - 2 DVDs narrated by Harrison Ford US $44.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Renaissance (2012) - Used - Blu-ray US $4.67 Buy It Now 2 days
1000 Masterworks: Renaissance North of the Alps DVD US $13.02 Buy It Now 2 days
Da Vinci & Mysteries of the Renaissance (DVD 6-Disc Set) NEW sealed US $21.90 Buy It Now 2 days
Movies "Renaissance" and "Half Past Dead" on DVD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Equilibrium/Renaissance (Blu-ray Disc, 2012) US $11.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Leonardo da Vinci - Renaissance Master; Biography by A&E, Brand New VHS US $6.95 [0 bids]
New Dimension Media Classroom Series The Dissenter Renaissance VHS video US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
LEONARDO DA VINCI MYSTERIES OF THE RENAISSANCE 6 DVD COLLECTION NEW, SEALED US $11.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Renaissance (DVD - 2007, French Version) US $8.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Renaissance (DVD, 2007) US $0.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Renaissance,Equilibrium,The yards,The lookout 4 Movies One Price Double features US $10.00 [0 bids]
Renaissance(Bilingual) New DVD US $12.88 Buy It Now 2 days
Equilibrium / Renaissance - (Double Feature)(b New Blu US $204.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Eclipse Series 14: Rossellini's History Films - Renaissance and Enlightenment... US $29.99 [0 bids]
Masaccio; Da Vinci; Raphael...-Italian Renaissance DVD NEW US $17.75 Buy It Now 3 days
Raphael; Da Vinci; D?Rer; O...-Portrait In The Renaissance DVD NEW US $17.75 Buy It Now 3 days
Grien; Holbein The Younger;...-Renaissance North Of The Alps DVD NEW US $17.75 Buy It Now 3 days
RENAISSANCE MAN - Danny DeVito / Gregory Hines / James Remar ----- Comedy - VHS US $0.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Harlem Renaissance (DVD, 2004) US $6.00 [0 bids]
The Italian Renaissance DVD set and book from The Teaching Company US $39.99 [0 bids]
-NEW- Renaissance: Paris 2054 Blu Ray Disc, 2012 US $6.48 Buy It Now 3 days
Renaissance [Blu-ray] US $12.97 Buy It Now 3 days
Equilibrium / Renaissance (Double Feature) US $10.19 Buy It Now 3 days
Renaissance DVD New Daniel Craig US $2.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Birth of the Renaissance: Giotto To Masaccio (Masterpieces of Italian Art) [V.. US $19.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Empires - The Medici: Godfathers of the Renaissance (DVD, 2005) US $10.00 [0 bids]
Renaissance Man (NEW VHS) Danny DeVito, Gregory Hines, James Remar US $6.00 Buy It Now 3 days
A&E Biography - Leonardo da Vinci: Renaissance Master [VHS] by David Janssen US $2.99 [0 bids]
RARE VHS,A WALK IN THE PAST,RENAISSANCE FAIRE,PENNSYLVANIA,HISTORY,CORNWELL,PA. US $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
John Kay & Friends - Live at the Renaissance Center (DVD, 2004) US $5.00 [0 bids]
Renaissance (DVD, 2007) US $0.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Sites of the World's Cultures: Florence and the Spirit of the Renaissance... US $3.25 Buy It Now 4 days
Private Life of a Masterpiece The Renaissance Masterpiece BBC Classic Art DVD US $13.50 [0 bids]
THE PRIVATE LIFE OF A MASTERPIECE DVD Renaissance Botticelli Da Vinci Uccello + US $9.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Renaissance / Equilibrium, Very Good DVD, Taye Diggs, Emily Watson, Christian Ba US $4.79 Buy It Now 4 days
16mm film "1492-PART 1-THE ITALIAN RENAISSANCE" (15-3985F) T3R7R3 US $16.59 Buy It Now 4 days
Renaissance Man (VHS, 1995) US $0.99 [0 bids]
MANNHEIM STEAMROLLER A RENAISSANCE CHRISTMAS VHS OOP US $24.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Equilibrium/Renaissance (Blu-ray Disc, 2012) US $10.00 [0 bids]
A Renaissance of Monteverdi - EARLY MUSIC TELEVISION - U OF OKLAHOMA US $10.99 [0 bids]
Renaissance (DVD, 2007) BRAND NEW SHRINK WRAP!! US $4.19 Buy It Now 4 days
VHS- RENAISSANCE MAN - 94 - DANNY DeVITO - CLASSIC ! US $4.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Da Vinci & Mysteries of the Renaissance (DVD, 2005, 6-Disc Set) NEW! SEALED! US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Renaissance Man (VHS, 1995) Danny DeVito US $0.99 [0 bids]
RENAISSANCE SIGHT & SOUND IN CONCERT DVD 1977 GOLDER'S GREEN HIPPODROME LONDON US $21.95 Buy It Now 4 days
GRIEN / HOLBEIN THE YOUNGER - RENAISSANCE NORTH OF THE ALPS NEW DVD US $27.54 Buy It Now 4 days
MASTERPIECES ITALIAN ART 15TH CENTURY RENAISSANCE IN FULL BLOOM RARE LASERDISC! US $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
RENAISSANCE MAN RARE OOP NM 2x LASERDISC IN SHRINK LETTERBOX DANNY DEVITO COMEDY US $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MASACCIO / DA VINCI / RAPHAEL / TITIAN - ITALIAN RENAISSANCE NEW DVD US $27.54 Buy It Now 5 days
Private Life of a Masterpiece, The: Renaissance Masterpiece (DVD, 2008) NEW US $9.60 Buy It Now 5 days
Landmarks of Western Art: The Renaissance - A Journey of Art DVD US $10.45 Buy It Now 5 days
VHS Movie Renaissance Man Danny DeVito 1995 Comedy Rated PG-13 US $8.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Lynn Anderson - Live at the Renaissance Center (DVD,... US $3.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Lynn Anderson - Live at the Renaissance Center (DVD, 2005) US $12.50 Buy It Now 5 days
Renaissance (DVD, 2007) No Case or Artwork US $4.49 Buy It Now 5 days
Renaissance Man US $4.00 [0 bids]
GROUP OF 6 PHILLIPS CDI ART HISTORY VAN GOGH RENAISSANCE & MORE US $10.00 [0 bids]
RENAISSANCE MAN 2-Laserdisc LD WIDESCREEN FORMAT VERY GOOD CONDITION VERY RARE! US $5.99 [0 bids]
Renaissance Man (VHS, 1995) Danny DeVito US $0.99 [0 bids]
Renaissance (DVD, 2007) Patrick Floersheim, Catherine McCormack, Jeffrey Wright US $9.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Renaissance Man starring Danny DeVito (VHS, 1995) US $3.96 Buy It Now 5 days
RENAISSANCE MAN (1994) - Danny De Vito - DVD NEW US $5.80 Buy It Now 5 days
Equilibrium/Renaissance (Blu-ray Disc, 2012) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Empires The Medici Godfathers of the Renaissance Boxed Set VHS New Sealed US $12.95 Buy It Now 6 days
BORGIAS Renaissance Italian Italy History Organized Crime Family Spain A US $17.50 [0 bids]
RENAISSANCE MAN (2754 AS) WS DIGITAL DOLBY SURROUND CLV US $3.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Da Vinci & Mysteries of the Renaissance, Good DVD, , US $4.24 Buy It Now 6 days
RENAISSANCE MAN New Sealed DVD Danny DeVito US $7.94 Buy It Now 6 days
A History of the Renaissance (2004) DVD US $9.99 [0 bids]
DaVinci & Mysteries of the Renaissance DVD Boxed Set - 6 Disc Collection US $12.95 [0 bids]
Renaissance - BRAND NEW - FACTORY SEALED US $2.99 [0 bids]
Renaissance Man (VHS, 1995) Danny DeVito (WLB) US $8.00 Buy It Now 6 days

More places to buy RENAISSANCE music online Buy RENAISSANCE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RENAISSANCE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RENAISSANCE Song of Scheherazade ratings distribution

RENAISSANCE Song of Scheherazade reviews

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars The first ´official´ Renaissance DVD! I was always amazed by the fact that a band of such importance and fame did not have a single video available in the market all these years. Ok, there were some bootlegs you could find, but usually they were either of awful quality or didn´t feature the classic line up of the 70´s we all wanted to see. I´ve wondered if they ever had filmed their Live At Carnegie Hall concert in 1977...So I was quite happy to know that Song Of Scheherazade was planning for release, even if, burned with previous experience, I was a bit aware of how it would turn out. Was it good?

To make matters worse the first copies were defective, with Annie Haslam´s voice not really in sync with the images. Incredibly, one of those came into my hands and I had some trouble getting a new one. After all this hassle, the resulting DVD is really worth it? Well, the answer is both a yes and a no. Yes, because it is really Renaissance classic line up we all love: Annie Haslam (vocals), John Tout (keyboards), Jon Camp (bass, vocals), Terry Sullivan (drums) and Michael Dunford (guitars). the repertoire is also fantastic: over two hours of live music recorded during a couple of shows, one in 1976 and the other in 1979. Unfortunatly the ´no´ part relies on the quality of the the video itself. First of all, it all shot in black & white, believe it or not. Second, the sound quality is far from perfect (although not nearly as atrocious as some bootlegs I´ve have seen of them).

Being a big fan of the band I went on and dug inside: the two shows are excellent. The former is of course the best one since it includes a stronger setlist with fine performances of classics like Mother Russia, Running Hard and pratically the whole Scheherazade suite. The second concert´s repertoire relies mostly on their weak (compared to their previous ones, of course) Azzure D´or album, which, surprisingly, work better on stage than on the studio. And a good version of Song For All Seasons also appears. Camera angles and shots of the band members are good, but clearly nothing like today´s multi camera angles and stuff like that, but, after all, those were the 70´s and good filming of rock concerts were the exception, not the rule.

So, in the end was it worth it? to me it was, since it is still classic Renaissance. If it was at least shot in color, I´d give it a four star rating. The sound quality is only ok, but certainly a big improvement over the ones I´ve seen before. While I´m still waiting them to release Live At Carnegie Hall, this one will have to satisfy my need (and others) to see them live. I´d give it 4,5 stars for the song selection (but the lack of a whole Can You Understand is unforgivable) , 2,5 stars for the sound and 2 stars for the images. So a 3 star rating is fair enough.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#243407) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Review by Ivan_Melgar_M
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Prog Specialist
2 stars Since I heard about this DVD, been searching for it, asked my sister to buy it in USA, but she bought me the Sheherezade and other Stories (well a new copy of a perfect album is always welcome), at last and after a year got it and placed it on the Blu Ray player ready for a great show......What a disappointment.

Of course I knew that the images were in black and white, but this wasn't a problem, I was sure that the band had invested effort in making a good DVD for their faithful fans, but I was wrong, this is probably the worst recorded DVD I ever bought. The images are poor, the sound is infamous, there are sections of Song of Sheherezade that are practically unlistenable, really a waste of money but what is worst, awaste of expectations from an avid fan ready to spend his hard earned bucks in a less than mediocre product.

Please, believe me, I'm not talking about the music, I know each and every song of the band and all are delightful, I'm a fan of RENAISSANCE and there will always be a place in my CD players for songs as Carpet of the Sun, Mother Russia, Ocean Gypsy and of course for their magnificent epic, but this DVD is a disrespect for the fans who waited decades to receive this terrible video.

If a band is not ready to invest in cleaning or remixing old tapes and offer at least a decent DVD, please don't kill our expectations with this kind of subpar releases. Remember that some of us due to our age or nationality were never able to see the band with the amazing Annie Haslam, the mental image we had made about the RENAISSANCE shows is ruined forever and we feel deceived.

5 stars for the selection of tracks, but 0 for the recording, so it's 2 stars in average.

Send comments to Ivan_Melgar_M (BETA) | Report this review (#829754) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 28, 2012

Review by ProgShine
COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions and Crossover Team
3 stars Renaissance is a band I've been in love with since I listen to Ashes Are Burning (1973) around 13 years ago. After that I've been through their discography and I'm still in love with the band.

There was always a curiosity about their live shows, in video format. And nothing could be found. Not even the famous bootlegs.

So, when I've heard about a DVD that had been released with two of their concerts from 70's I was really happy and run to get my copy.

The DVD captures the band in two completely different moments, one in 1976 and other in 1979. Unfortunatelly, it's not worthy!

Of course that if you're a die hard fan this is heaven. But for me, it's really hard to watch the full of it. The video quality is REALLY poor and the audio... is bad (just to not be mean and use another word).

But, even with this really bad overall quality Song Of Scheherazade (2008) can be treated as a historical document, cause there's not much options recorded by the band in the 70's.

One delicious thing about the DVD is seeing Annie Haslam telling sweet jokes and laughing on-stage between the tracks!

Send comments to ProgShine (BETA) | Report this review (#1001513) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 20, 2013

3 stars THIS IS AN ESSENTIAL ITEM FOR RENAISSANCE DIE-HARD FANS. This said I consider this dvd with mixed feelings. It's lovely to see Tout and Camp shining in the greatest period of this band (the 76 section) and still rocking hard (pun intended) in their farewell album Azure D'Or tour. On the othe ... (read more)

Report this review (#765758) | Posted by moodyxadi | Wednesday, June 06, 2012 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I am a truly fan collector of Renaissance. But what was the purpose of editing this DVD? Wasn,t possible to make the technical arrangements to have a good product. Is not enough to be a lover of Renaissance music to appreciate this . Sorry to prejudice ,but it seems this product had the main ... (read more)

Report this review (#251874) | Posted by robbob | Friday, November 20, 2009 | Review Permanlink

3 stars It is Renaissance on stage - playing their magnificent opus. At least, we are able to see them playing live. For a Renaissance die hard fan as I am, it is a gift from heaven ! But please do not introduce the band to someone with this video. Knowing and loving all the tracks here included, ... (read more)

Report this review (#248234) | Posted by Ultime | Thursday, November 05, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I had reviewed this DVD around the time of its release. A rewrite seems appropriate two years hence. As I'd have expected, the DVD did not fare too well with the fans and the band don't appear very keen on unveiling more concert DVDs from the 70s at this point. I have mixed views on that one. ... (read more)

Report this review (#226036) | Posted by rogerthat | Saturday, July 11, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RENAISSANCE "Song of Scheherazade"