DEBON

1. Debon Part 1 (23:28)
2. Debon Part 2 (22:28)

Search BRAST BURN Debon lyrics

Search BRAST BURN Debon tabs

Paradigm Discs CD reissue (1998)

BRAST BURN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BRAST BURN Debon Music

DebonDebon
Phoenix Records 2010

More places to buy BRAST BURN music online Buy BRAST BURN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BRAST BURN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BRAST BURN Debon ratings distribution

BRAST BURN Debon reviews

Review by DamoXt7942
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Moderator / Psych / Avant / Neo Teams
5 stars (From PA blog "Japanese Progressive Rock presented by DamoX")

Another Japanese ambiguous and mysterious project could leave a brilliant footprint on the psychedelic rock ground!

Let me say bravo for Paradigm discs, that re-issued two of Japanese gems - Alomoni 1985 (KARUNA KHYAL) and this fantastic art Debon (BRAST BURN). As totally I say, BRAST BURN had simpler instrumental formation than KARUNA KHYAL, and the songs in Debon are more melodious (but well-eccentric) than ones in Alomoni 1985. I think it's a miracle in mid-1970s Japanese psychedelic rock scene could have such fragrant sunflowers!

Part 1

From the beginning another world has come to us! Electronic growling about a minute gradually walks toward us - with an eccentric noise like flying soul fireballs and a ringing percussion like a wind chime. We can get chilled and amazed with these sounds and psychedelia itself! And dry and soulless electronic guitar quakes and meaningless shouts follow...a broken spacey scenario gets started now! 'Shoot a mind, shoot a mind, shoot a mind, shoot...' This chorus sounds like this but I cannot hear well sorry. Well, whatever, with some Oriental instruments like a sitar, small bells and percussive stuffs there are lots of solemn chorus and lazy shouts hahhaha. Incidentally all sounds as above are swept away by the blowing wind. What happened? You can be surprised, I agree well. ;-) In the middle part, melanchoric piano and brass sounds are trampled on with the blowing wind and irregular and irritative percussive noises. On the background is there some waterfalls? Remarkably unstable but expectable development I'm sure. The last part is as an elf's dancing to the small bells I feel...in my inner mind with mythical psychedelia. ogether let's dance and spell a magic. Flexible and sharp-edged recorder sounds make us so anxious. Our foreboding comes true - loud noise like an explosion of an atomic bomb attacks us... and goes away. There is nothing left except our minds burned away.

Part 2

Why is here safe and sound with a bird singing and a baby chattering? No, don't be deceived. This comfort for us is a herald of another world coming again. Sure, with some percussive palpitations earthquake comes here! Various animals cry with anxiety and our trip for outside - on the back of a camel - goes on with some exotic instrumental shots. The chorus, the percussion and the electronic brass say we should get relaxed and freaky out completely. Indeed this stream is not in Alomoni 1985 and I guess Michiro and Yoshihiro should not the same person. There are lots of lyrical tunes and scenes here - although always here are some eccentric and irritative noises. Yes we can say this style is really psychedelic rather than spacey like KARUNA KHYAL. The rumble of the ground knocks us deeply into the earth and lets us watch a druggie and sarcastic dream. The last two minutes of this album is very dreamy and comfortable with relaxed voices and acoustic guitar sounds...BUT! Maybe we will be seized with fearful sounds...well now I don't say in great detail about it. Ouch...remarkable earache will come to us hahhaha!

Caution! This album is a real poison, not a nauseous work...but highly recommended as a poison. :-)

P.S. I'm so proud that BRAST BURN could be approved by the PA Krautrock team. Thanks philippe and the Krautrock team!

Send comments to DamoXt7942 (BETA) | Report this review (#226107) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 12, 2009

Review by Eetu Pellonpää
4 stars This fine hardcore psychedelic album contains two long tracks, which provide an interesting forty-seven minutes long surreal experience for willing listeners. The presence of the music is revealed cautiously, bringing front a shimmering wall of crystalline echoing voices. This avant-garde vision leads to a narcotic and hypnotic groovy and bluesy tribal section. The rhythmic acoustic guitar later starts to play a pretty and calm folky tune, joined by windy rollings and melancholic lone synthesizer melodies. Later the song morphs as ethnic tribal chant for voices, primitive flute and drumming. The second song starts quite Dadaistically, resembling Syd Barrett's mad visions and simple joyful folk rock madness. Distant sounds of rolling winds and another scene of primitive, hypnotic acoustic guitar playing with percussion slides in, later followed by oppressing lullaby theme and in the end concluding the intensive trip to a dramatic closing number for screaming acid guitar, lunatic sounding singing and reprisal of presented musical elements. The layers of the music blend slowly and sometimes run together for longer, creating interesting and pleasant collages of sounds. If you like tribal trance elements, madness of the surrealism, and hardcore psychedelic rock music, this record is warmly recommended (ps. vinyl reissues are on the move).

Send comments to Eetu Pellonpää (BETA) | Report this review (#229075) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 30, 2009

3 stars BRAST BURN were an obscure Japanese band who play in the Krautrock style. This came out in 1975 just as the Krautrock scene was ending. The fact they are included in the famous "Nurse With Wound" list created enough demand that it was re-issued on cd with 1,000 numbered copies being produced. Mine is #713. This album sounds more like Japanese Folk music to me. Mostly acoustic instruments are used as it meanders along. Vocals are pretty much spoken most of the time. Actually I imagine myself sitting around a camp fire out in the country in Japan listening to these guys do their thing. I'm far from home and uncomfortable. I feel a connection with Krautrock like it's part of me, but for some reason I don't with this, it's strange but not in a good way. It's divided into two long suites each well over 20 minutes in length.

Sounds slowly rise to the surface on "Debon Part 1". Spoken words 2 1/2 minutes in as vocals melodies come in. He's kind of groaning as he continues to speak after 7 minutes. Everything stops before 10 minutes as the wind starts to blow. Tambourine-like sounds come in replacing the wind. Other sounds come and go then the wind comes back. Water sounds too. A change after 16 1/2 minutes the church bell-like sounds come in. Sliegh bell-like sounds too with percussion. Flute follows then more wind. Tambourine is back.

"Debon Part 2" opens with the birds chirping as bells and other sounds come in. It's fuller 3 minutes in with wind. It changes 9 minutes in as barely sung vocals come in with percussion. Accordion-like sounds come in too. It changes again around 15 minutes. Electric guitar for the first time for about a minute. Much better ! Drugged out vocals come in then it turns chaotic very briefly to end it.

Maybe i've just heard too much Krautrock over the years but this does little for me at all. I feel no connection. If the Krautrock spirit is here I missed it completely. 3 stars out of respect for "The list".

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#283123) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 22, 2010

4 stars One of my favourite discoveries from the 'Nurse With Wound' list. Heavily psychedelic, half speed Beefheart with a dash of 'Throbbing Gristle' thrown in. A real hodge-podge of trance-like sounds which will leave you thoroughly disorientated. 'Debon' is very difficult to describe. In a way it ... (read more)

Report this review (#299843) | Posted by Dobermensch | Monday, September 20, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BRAST BURN "Debon"