A SENSE OF LOSS

NoSound A Sense Of Loss album cover

Buy NOSOUND Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

Disc 1 - CD
1. Some Warmth Into This Chill (7.55)
2. Fading Silently (8.27)
3. Tender Claim (8.07)
4. My Apology (5.41)
5. Constant Contrast (5.42)
6. Winter Will Come (15.39)

Disc 2 - DVD
5.1 surround and 24bit mixes of the album, video footage, picture gallery and more.

Search NOSOUND A Sense Of Loss lyrics

Guest musicians:
- String quartet

Kscope Records
Release: 12th October 2009

Thanks to progshine for the addition
and to proglucky for the last updates

NOSOUND MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NOSOUND A Sense Of Loss Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
A Sense of LossA Sense of Loss
Kscope 2011
At the PierAt the Pier
EP · Import
Kscope Import 2012

More places to buy NOSOUND music online Buy NOSOUND & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NOSOUND DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NOSOUND A Sense Of Loss ratings distribution

NOSOUND A Sense Of Loss reviews

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars When an artist releases an album that sounds exactly the same as the preceding one, I always feel a bit cheated. As much as I may have liked the previous album, I don't need a copy. I expect a few changes at least. After all, if I want to hear that specific certain style, I can simply play the old album right? There's enough great music already to be bothered with too much sameness. (I'm sure you've read this in some of my previous reviews already, sorry for being samey then...)

Now, in case you suffer from the same - I feel this is gonna be the key-word to this review - syndromes as me, then the new release from the Italian romanticists Nosound may disappoint you as well. Every song could have been on Lightdark: the exact same sounds, the same vocal melodies, the same melancholic ambience. Luckily, there's one redeeming factor that kept me returning to this record: most of the songs are simply too irresistibly beautiful. Again.

There's one unfortunate exception, the 15 minute closing piece Winter Will Come doesn't work as well as it should. It sits at the end of the record and by the time you get there, chances are big that you're more or less exhausted from the 35 minutes that led towards it. Even though every minute was soaked with gentle atmospherics and enchanting melancholies, the monotonous nature of the music will simply have drained you. Something that wasn't the case with Lightdark. Even for me, the closing track is far too repetitive and not memorable enough to sustain my attention.

Despite the soft and mellow nature of the music I don't recommend you to play this as background music. Maximal effect can only be obtained by playing it really loud. Especially the DVD with the surround mix will serve this purpose.

3.5 stars rounded down, I can't see myself returning to this album a lot. If I need to chill I will simply play the preceding Lightdark.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#253705) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 30, 2009

4 stars I have always liked relaxing music, that kind of music that makes me think about my life and the people who has left us behind or the people we love. Nosound creates a style of music I consider very reflexive. A Sense of Loss, follows the same vein as their previous two albums, but that's thei ... (read more)

Report this review (#1019663) | Posted by Memo_anathemo | Friday, August 16, 2013 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Contrary to Bonnek's opinion of A Sense of Loss, I find the music here quite different from LightDark. The recording of acoustic instruments is more clean, less treated, more in the front (drums, guitar, piano). What is, unfortunately, the same, is Giancarlo's voice: delivery, treatments/effects ... (read more)

Report this review (#326311) | Posted by BrufordFreak | Friday, November 19, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I think this would be an decent addition to any collection. It's classified as Psychadelic/Space Rock, but it's symphonic enough for my tastes. There is little droning and avoids the harmony-by-repetition, and not fully resolved harmonies thing that happens with a lot of "space music". There i ... (read more)

Report this review (#247560) | Posted by axeman | Saturday, October 31, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NOSOUND "A Sense Of Loss"