A SENSE OF LOSS

NoSound A Sense Of Loss album cover

Buy NOSOUND Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

Disc 1 - CD
1. Some Warmth Into This Chill (7.55)
2. Fading Silently (8.27)
3. Tender Claim (8.07)
4. My Apology (5.41)
5. Constant Contrast (5.42)
6. Winter Will Come (15.39)

Disc 2 - DVD
5.1 surround and 24bit mixes of the album, video footage, picture gallery and more.

Search NOSOUND A Sense Of Loss lyrics

Guest musicians:
- String quartet

Kscope Records
Release: 12th October 2009

Thanks to progshine for the addition
and to proglucky for the last updates

NOSOUND MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NOSOUND A Sense Of Loss Music

NOSOUND - SOL29 - 2CD SET - KSCOPE - 2005 - NEW US $7.99 [0 bids]
Nosound - Afterthoughts CD US $18.08 Buy It Now 3 days
Nosound - Afterthoughts Vinyl Record LP US $27.38 Buy It Now 3 days
Nosound - Sol29 (NEW CD) US $14.91 Buy It Now 3 days
NOSOUND - Lightdark (remastered) - gatefold 180 gram white vinyl 2xLP + artwork US $37.10 Buy It Now 4 days
Nosound "Sol29" (CD/DVD, 2010, Kscope) **Free Shipping** US $11.79 Buy It Now 4 days
Nosound - A Northern Religion Of Things (NEW CD) US $19.75 Buy It Now 4 days
Nosound - Light Dark W/ DVD CD US $17.82 Buy It Now 4 days
Nosound - Sol29 CD US $16.71 Buy It Now 4 days
PROG 20 ELEPHANT TANK- MESSENGER- PYLO- AISLES- NOSOUND-CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Nosound - At The Pier NEW CD US $11.64 Buy It Now 6 days
NOSOUND - THE NORTHERN RELIGION OF THINGS * - NEW CD US $13.18 Buy It Now 7 days
NOSOUND - AT THE PIER - KSCOPE239 US $11.34 Buy It Now 7 days
Nosound - Afterthoughts NEW CD US $18.68 Buy It Now 10 days
Nosound - Afterthoughts [Vinyl New] US $27.37 Buy It Now 11 days
Nosound - Afterthoughts [CD New] US $15.32 Buy It Now 11 days
Nosound - At The Pier NEW CD US $9.20 Buy It Now 12 days
Sol29 - Nosound New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $19.88 Buy It Now 13 days
Afterthoughts by Nosound *New CD* US $12.37 Buy It Now 13 days
NOSOUND - A SENSE OF LOSS [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $13.29 Buy It Now 21 days
Nosound - A Northern Religion Of Things NEW CD US $15.94 Buy It Now 21 days
Nosound - Afterthoughts NEW CD US $15.94 Buy It Now 21 days
Nosound - Lightdark NEW CD US $15.94 Buy It Now 21 days
The Northern Religion of Things * by Nosound *New CD* US $9.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Lightdark by Nosound *New CD* US $12.41 Buy It Now 21 days
NEW Afterthoughts by Nosound CD (CD) US $22.01 Buy It Now 21 days
NEW Lightdark [digipak] by Nosound CD (CD) US $22.01 Buy It Now 21 days
NOSOUND - AFTERTHOUGHTS - NEW CD US $12.31 Buy It Now 21 days
The Northern Religion Of Things - Nosound New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shippin US $21.88 Buy It Now 23 days
Nosound - At The Pier Ep (NEW CD) US $12.49 Buy It Now 24 days
Nosound - Afterthoughts (NEW CD) US $19.75 Buy It Now 24 days
Nosound - Lightdark NEW CD US $18.54 Buy It Now 24 days
Nosound "sol29" 2010 cd/dvd Sealed US $16.12 Buy It Now 25 days
Gazpacho "London" 2011 2cd Sealed (like Marillion, Anathema, Nosound) US $16.12 Buy It Now 25 days
Gazpacho "Demon" 2014 Slipcard Sealed [Marillion, Nosound, Porcupine Tree] US $14.50 Buy It Now 25 days
NOSOUND - LIGHTDARK - KSCOPE271 US $17.71 Buy It Now 26 days
Nosound Afterthoughts (2x Vinyl & Cd Signed Numbered Cloth Bag) Porcupine Tree US $150.00 Buy It Now 27 days
Afterthoughts by Nosound (CD, May-2013, Kscope) US $16.95 Buy It Now 28 days
NOSOUND**AFTERTHOUGHTS (GATEFOLD)**2 VINYL SET US $25.50 Buy It Now 28 days
NOSOUND - SOL29 - NEW CD US $8.78 Buy It Now 29 days
Light/dark - Nosound New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $21.44 Buy It Now 29 days
NOSOUND - AFTERTHOUGHTS NEW VINYL US $41.49 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy NOSOUND music online Buy NOSOUND & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NOSOUND DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NOSOUND A Sense Of Loss ratings distribution

NOSOUND A Sense Of Loss reviews

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars When an artist releases an album that sounds exactly the same as the preceding one, I always feel a bit cheated. As much as I may have liked the previous album, I don't need a copy. I expect a few changes at least. After all, if I want to hear that specific certain style, I can simply play the old album right? There's enough great music already to be bothered with too much sameness. (I'm sure you've read this in some of my previous reviews already, sorry for being samey then...)

Now, in case you suffer from the same - I feel this is gonna be the key-word to this review - syndromes as me, then the new release from the Italian romanticists Nosound may disappoint you as well. Every song could have been on Lightdark: the exact same sounds, the same vocal melodies, the same melancholic ambience. Luckily, there's one redeeming factor that kept me returning to this record: most of the songs are simply too irresistibly beautiful. Again.

There's one unfortunate exception, the 15 minute closing piece Winter Will Come doesn't work as well as it should. It sits at the end of the record and by the time you get there, chances are big that you're more or less exhausted from the 35 minutes that led towards it. Even though every minute was soaked with gentle atmospherics and enchanting melancholies, the monotonous nature of the music will simply have drained you. Something that wasn't the case with Lightdark. Even for me, the closing track is far too repetitive and not memorable enough to sustain my attention.

Despite the soft and mellow nature of the music I don't recommend you to play this as background music. Maximal effect can only be obtained by playing it really loud. Especially the DVD with the surround mix will serve this purpose.

3.5 stars rounded down, I can't see myself returning to this album a lot. If I need to chill I will simply play the preceding Lightdark.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#253705) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 30, 2009

4 stars I have always liked relaxing music, that kind of music that makes me think about my life and the people who has left us behind or the people we love. Nosound creates a style of music I consider very reflexive. A Sense of Loss, follows the same vein as their previous two albums, but that's thei ... (read more)

Report this review (#1019663) | Posted by Memo_anathemo | Friday, August 16, 2013 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Contrary to Bonnek's opinion of A Sense of Loss, I find the music here quite different from LightDark. The recording of acoustic instruments is more clean, less treated, more in the front (drums, guitar, piano). What is, unfortunately, the same, is Giancarlo's voice: delivery, treatments/effects ... (read more)

Report this review (#326311) | Posted by BrufordFreak | Friday, November 19, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I think this would be an decent addition to any collection. It's classified as Psychadelic/Space Rock, but it's symphonic enough for my tastes. There is little droning and avoids the harmony-by-repetition, and not fully resolved harmonies thing that happens with a lot of "space music". There i ... (read more)

Report this review (#247560) | Posted by axeman | Saturday, October 31, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NOSOUND "A Sense Of Loss"