Mort Garson

Studio Album, released in 1969

Side A:
1. Aquarius (2:15)
2. Frank Mills (1:47)
3. Be In (Hare Krishna) (3:21)
4. Good Morning Starshine (2:42)
5. Three-Five-Zero-Zero (3:38)

Side B:
1. Hair (2:17)
2. Easy To Be Hard (2:45)
3. Where Do I Go ? (2:44)
4. Walking In Space (3:19)
5. Let The Sunshine In (3:00)

Search MORT GARSON Electronic Hair Pieces lyrics

Search MORT GARSON Electronic Hair Pieces tabs

- Mort Garsen / all electronics & effects

A&M Records (UK)

MORT GARSON MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Collaborate with, learn how to submit new MP3s.

Buy MORT GARSON Electronic Hair Pieces Music

More places to buy MORT GARSON music online Buy MORT GARSON & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

MORT GARSON Electronic Hair Pieces ratings distribution

MORT GARSON Electronic Hair Pieces reviews

Review by colorofmoney91
4 stars Since this was released in '69, Electronic Hair Pieces' heavily dated sound is understandable and passable, but most people nowadays I'm sure would mistake this as the long lost soundtrack to the original Pokemon games on Gameboy. To be fair, those soundtracks were fairly awesome.

In an era where a lot of electronic music was inaccessible with strong leanings toward the avant-garde side of things (Shostakovich, Schnitzler, Parmegiani, etc.), Mort Garson had created this reasonably accessible and poppy collection of synth tunes that is comparable to Cluster's pre-electro-pop masterpiece Zuckerzeit.

Each track on this album is short, averaging between 2 and 4 minutes, and display a very mechanical, robotic sense of melody but can be easily hummed. To be honest, considering that this album predates a lot of electronic pop music, I'd say that the melodies and overall structure of these catchy songs are rather sophisticated, even if the time period's technology results in a cheap, outdated sound.

Electronic Hair Pieces is relatively diverse too. Some tracks are lightly jazzy like "Walking in Space" and "Easy to Be Hard", some are forceful pre-dance music tunes such as "Hair", there is even an exotic quality like found on "Let the Sunshine In", but most of the album sounds like electronic-noir pop compositions.

It's a shame that Mort Garson remains relatively obscure because I'm confident that fans of electronic music or general instrumental pop music would find this album to be both accessible and sophisticated enough to warrant repeated listens. Especially, for anyone out there who enjoys Cluster's Zuckerzeit, then Mort Garson's Electronic Hair Pieces is a must have.

2 stars This is probably my least favorite Mort Garson album. Given I was never a fan of the music to Hair, it's no surprise that even Moog renditions of said play doesn't appeal to me. It's pretty much straight forward. Actually not all of Hair bothers me, the ones that pop artists took on I do like (ot ... (read more)

Report this review (#1632860) | Posted by Progfan97402 | Monday, October 17, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MORT GARSON "Electronic Hair Pieces"