THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH

Martin Darvill & Friends

Martin Darvill & Friends The Greatest Show on Earth album cover

Buy MARTIN DARVILL & FRIENDS Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1998

1. Greatest Show / "From The Beach" except including Cacophony (1:05)
2. Modern Man (4:32)
3. Ceremony (5:53)
4. Greatest Show / "Rest Of Our Lives" except including Cacophony (1:11)
5. I Must Go / "Mother Nature" except "Rest Of Our Lives" except (5:25)
6. I Will Love You Forever (2:37)
7. I Must Go / Reprise (including) "The Greatest Show" "Mother Nature" except (1:24)
8. Don't Touch The Marble (2:43)
9. Greatest Show / "Paradise Is Waiting" except (1:11)
10. Sodium City (2:02)
11. Circus In The Sky (7:09)
12. I Am The Future (6:08)
13. Greatest Show / "Rest Your Weary Mind" except (0:40)
14. The Only Way To Fly (3:24)
15. In Search Of The Holy Grail / including Cacophony (4:39)
16. The Greatest Show On Earth / parts 1 to 6 (18:34)

Search MARTIN DARVILL & FRIENDS The Greatest Show on Earth lyrics

- Brendan Loy / drums
- Simon Harris / special effects
- Keith Bishop / acoustic guitar and rhythm guitar

Music Of Life Pen004 / Crisis

MARTIN DARVILL & FRIENDS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MARTIN DARVILL & FRIENDS The Greatest Show on Earth Music

More places to buy MARTIN DARVILL & FRIENDS music online Buy MARTIN DARVILL & FRIENDS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MARTIN DARVILL & FRIENDS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MARTIN DARVILL & FRIENDS The Greatest Show on Earth ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(53%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(35%)

MARTIN DARVILL & FRIENDS The Greatest Show on Earth reviews

Review by progrules
4 stars What happens if you put a list of great musicians together in one project and make an album ? The pretentious title says it all. No honestly, I don't think it's meant to sound pretentious (or is it ?). Anyway I must say, it's not really so far from the truth. This is a very nice album. But not quite the greatest thing on earth or something like that. I have to divide this album in two parts or categories. There is the opening of the first three songs which is absolutely incredible. Modern man and Ceremony are two of the nicest songs I know especially thanks to the unbelievable guitarwork in these songs. Then we have the "middle part" of the album that lasts until the final epic number. I'm not too thrilled about the middle part. It's not bad, I don't want to go too far in minor, but it's not impressive. An exception in this middle part is Circus in the sky with a great guitar solo of Nick Barrett. Then we have the title track, consisting of 6 parts, at the end of the album. A grand finale that is very much worthwhile.

These two different "faces" of the album makes it hard to give the final judgement. Because only half of it is very good, I can't go further than 4 stars, but I absolutely believe they deserve those 4 ! All in al this is a model album for neo progressive rock. And since I like neo progressive, I also like this a lot.

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#144747) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 15, 2007

4 stars Oooh this is a good one for any of you who love good neo-prog. I was pleasantly surprised (having never heard of Martin Darvill) but buying it because of the amazing line-up of "friends" he has assembled. Anything with Nick Barrett gets my vote! John Wetton gets a long suite at the end if you're a ... (read more)

Report this review (#1686) | Posted by | Tuesday, February 17, 2004 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Did you ever look for the ultimative Prock Rock opera? Have you been disappointet by what Ayeron does present on CD? This is teh CD to go for. Its great great music. Great songs that vary in many ways. From Neo to Art, from Balad to more Heavy. There is not one single weak song over this whole CD a ... (read more)

Report this review (#1685) | Posted by | Wednesday, November 19, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MARTIN DARVILL & FRIENDS "The Greatest Show on Earth"