THE SINGLES COLLECTION VOLUME 2

Queen The Singles Collection Volume 2 album cover

Buy QUEEN Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2009

CD1:
1. Love Of My Life (Live)
2. Now I'm Here (Live)

CD2:
1. Crazy Little Thing Called Love
2. We Will Rock You (Live)

CD3:
1. Save Me
2. Let Me Entertain You (Live)

CD4:

CD8:
1. Body Language
2. Life Is Real

CD9:
1. Las Palabras De Amor (The Words Of Love)
2. Cool Cat

1. Radio Ga Ga
2. I Go Crazy

CD13:
1. I Want To Break Free
2. Machined (or Back To Humans)

Search QUEEN The Singles Collection Volume 2 lyrics

Search QUEEN The Singles Collection Volume 2 tabs

- Freddie Mercury / vocals, piano, synthesisers
- Brian May / guitars, piano, vocals, synthesisers
- Roger Taylor / drums, vocals, synthesisers
- John Deacon / bass, synthesisers

Aimed to make available and replicate in faithful detail every one of Queen's singles to have made the upper reaches of the charts anywhere in the world, the collection was launched last December with a set covering the band's career from the early years 1973 - 1979.

This latest Volume 2 box set covers the subsequent period of mid 1979 - 1984 with 13 singles drawn from the albums Live Killers (79), The Game (80), Flash Gordon (80), Hot Space (82) and The Works (84).

Thanks to SouthSideoftheSky for the addition
and to proglucky for the last updates

QUEEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy QUEEN The Singles Collection Volume 2 Music

Live at the Rainbow (Deluxe Box Set)Live at the Rainbow (Deluxe Box Set)
Hollywood Records 2014
Greatest Hits I, II & III - The Platinum Collection (3CD)Greatest Hits I, II & III - The Platinum Collection (3CD)
Box set
Hollywood Records 2004
A Night at the Opera [Vinyl]A Night at the Opera [Vinyl]
Fontana Hollywood 2008
Vinyl$14.19
LEE AARON Metal Queen VINYL LP - Shake It Up Bodyrock Call Wild Autograph SIGNED US $149.99 Buy It Now 30m 37s
Queen Killing Kings - Tidal Eyes - U.S. cd - RARE! Card Sleeve US $5.97 Buy It Now 31m 39s
Robert Fripp God Save The Queen Under Heavy Manners Lp 1980 Pd16266 PROMO eno!! US $39.00 Buy It Now 32m
QUEEN - WE WILL ROCK YOU (DUTCH-ONLY TEXTURED SLEEVE/ DIFFERENT LABEL US $7.99 Buy It Now 35m 38s
Queen + Paul Rodgers The Cosmos Rocks (CD, Oct-2008, Hollywood) 2 CD Set US $7.25 Buy It Now 36m 26s
QUEEN - Let Me Live - 4 track Picture Disc CD Single Pt 1. US $5.70 Buy It Now 38m 8s
QUEEN (Charlas De Fondo) Back Chat REMIX Mexican 12" Single US $79.00 [0 bids]
54m 10s
Paul Rodgers Rare Hand Signed Live In Glasgow CD 2007 Bad Company Queen The Firm US $124.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
QUEEN**A NIGHT AT THE OPERA (BOB LUDWIG REMASTER)**CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Paul Rodgers Rare Hand Signed Now & Live 2 CD Set Bad Company Queen The Firm !!! US $124.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Lot Patti Page LPs Sealed Waltz Queen & Romance On The Range Deep Groove NICE! US $9.99 [0 bids]
ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK- Biggles - ost - RARE QUEEN JOHN DEACON US $20.00 [0 bids]
2014 QUEEN A DAY AT THE RACES HR CUTTING JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD US $32.00 Buy It Now 1h 24m
QUEEN SHEER HEART ATTACK RECORD LP 12" US $16.28 Buy It Now 1h 32m
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II JAPAN SHM SACD US $54.80 Buy It Now 1h 32m
QUEEN Flash Gordon 1980 OST Freddie Mercury Brian May embossed w/pic sleeve LP! US $35.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
QUEEN NEWS OF THE WORLD 6E-112 VINYL LP 1977 ORIG PRESS GREAT COND! VG+/VG+! US $16.99 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Rutter; Cambridge Singers-Hail! Queen Of Heaven: Music I CD NEW US $12.24 Buy It Now 1h 46m
TAYLOR,KOKO-QUEEN OF THE BLUES CD NEW US $19.11 Buy It Now 1h 46m
Macliver/Russell/Allen/Pinch-Fairy Queen, The CD NEW US $24.38 Buy It Now 1h 46m
PURCELL / KING`S COLLEGE CH...-MUSIC FOR QUEEN MARY CD NEW US $15.69 Buy It Now 1h 48m
BRIAN MAY - DRIVEN BY YOU - UK 7" PICTURE SLEEVE SINGLE - QUEEN US $4.88 [0 bids]
Pepiada Queen Maria Rivas cd US $5.00 [0 bids]
QUEEN JAZZ, ITALIAN LP US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 3m
QUEEN Made In Heaven CD UK 1995 2 hidden trks/Embossed tray CDPCSD167 US $8.90 Buy It Now 2h 11m
101 RUNNING SONGS 5 CD BOX SET EMI QUEEN FATBOY SLIM OUTKAST WHAM! BOWIE KELIS US $11.08 Buy It Now 2h 13m
ROGER TAYLOR (Queen) Let's get crazy ELEKTRA 47151 Orig 1981 WLP 45 promo! RARE! US $24.99 [0 bids]
ROGER TAYLOR-MAN ON FIRE (EXTENDED VERSION)-12" VINYL-RARE-1984-UK-QUEEN-EMI US $27.14 Buy It Now 2h 27m
QUEEN 7" P/S CRAZY LITTLE THING CALLED LOVE MERCURY EX+ US $9.19 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Yabby-U African Queen Clappers LP Yabby You African Queen US $16.50 [3 bids]
Brian May hand signed 12x8 picture QUEEN Freddie Mercury # US $65.22 Buy It Now 3h 5m
QUEEN 'News Of The World' Gatefold Vinyl LP NEW & SEALED US $27.13 Buy It Now 3h 6m
QUEEN GREATEST HITS LP.**RARE IRISH PRESS* CREAM LABELS *RARE IRISH* EMTV 30 US $31.02 Buy It Now 3h 21m
DOLLY PARTON & CHRIS LEDOUX DANISH LP QUEEN RECORDS 1979 NCB DANISH PRESSING SEE US $29.00 Buy It Now 3h 30m
The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert Original Soundtrack "Very Good" US $7.95 Buy It Now 3h 30m
Jazz 11 lp LOT Duke Ellington uncommon market queen's suites harlem Monologue !! US $79.00 Buy It Now 3h 33m
Queen - Ao Vivo no Rock in Rio 1985 Brazilian Release RARE DIGI CD US $17.99 Buy It Now 3h 38m
B.B. QUEEN-(I Wanna Be) Next To You UK 7" EX Cond US $4.88 Buy It Now 3h 41m
DAVID BOWIE cd FAME 90 5 TRACK single remix RYKO Queen Latifah US $8.99 [0 bids]
QUEEN I was born to love you Rare 3"CD JAPAN ! US $1.99 [1 bids]
QUEEN Greatest Hits Volume 2 : 2011 Reissued CD NEW US $11.35 Buy It Now 3h 43m
ABBA - DANCING QUEEN - THAT'S ME - SEALED 7" 45 RPM US $60.00 Buy It Now 3h 46m
BRIAN MAY (Queen) - Driven By You - 7 inch Vinyl Single. US $3.25 Buy It Now 3h 47m
CARIBBEAN QUEEN 12 INCH (12" VINYL) UK JIVE 1984, BILLY OCEAN, Acceptable Import US $9.55 Buy It Now 3h 47m
QUEEN - BOHEMIAN RHAPSDOY/ WITH MY CA I'M IN LOVE/ ARE DUTCH PIC-SLEEVE 7"PS '75 US $22.50 Buy It Now 3h 48m
QUEEN & DAVID BOWIE ~ Under Pressure ~ 12" Single PS EUROPEAN PRESS US $36.55 Buy It Now 3h 49m
QUEEN ~ Its A Hard Life ~ 12" Single PICTURE DISC US $41.61 Buy It Now 3h 49m
O' RYAN she's my queen ITALO DISCO 12" LISTEN !!! US $13.99 Buy It Now 3h 50m
QUEEN ~ I Want To Break Free ~ 12" Single PS US $11.41 Buy It Now 3h 55m
QUEEN / RADIO GAGA b/w I GO CRAZY 45 w/Picture Sheet Orig JAPAN ISSUE US $17.99 Buy It Now 3h 55m
Queen Freddy Mercury_RARE PROMO POSTER_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $27.13 Buy It Now 4h
BRIAN MAY SIGNED PHOTO RE-PRINT QUEEN #184 US $8.96 Buy It Now 4h 7m
Queen The Game {5E-513} **EXCELLENT VINYL** Record, Album, LP, Vinyl US $2.97 [1 bids]
QUEEN A DAY AT THE RACES HR CUTTING JAPAN MINI LP PLATINUM SHM CD US $46.80 Buy It Now 4h 13m
FREDDIE MERCURY (Queen) - 1980s Magazine Poster US $7.35 Buy It Now 4h 16m
BRIAN MAY (Queen) - 1980s Magazine Poster US $7.35 Buy It Now 4h 19m
B B Queen (I Wanna Be) Next To You (PS) 12" Vinyl Single US $9.79 Buy It Now 4h 26m
QUEEN - YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND ( ATTENTION, SLEEVE ONLY! ) DUTCH PRINTED. US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 35m
Heart Little Queen {JR-34799} **EXCELLENT VINYL** Record, Album, LP, Vinyl US $4.00 [0 bids]
Promo 45 rpm KC & THE SUNSHINE BAND Queen Of Clubs MT US $6.50 Buy It Now 4h 38m
Ida Maria Queen of the world CD Promo Single US $5.45 Buy It Now 4h 50m
Johnny Cash / Tammy Wynette The King / The Queen Record US $4.00 [0 bids]
Switches - Drama queen UK GATEFOLD 7" PINK/ RED VINYL US $6.51 Buy It Now 4h 53m
QUEEN - FIRST E.P. - USA RECORD STORE DAY (RSD)2009 CD SINGLE - FREDDIE MERCURY US $40.79 [0 bids]
PLAY THE GAME - QUEEN. US $1.22 [0 bids]
Queen - News Of The World: Deluxe Edition CD US $29.21 Buy It Now 5h 2m
Queen - Queen Ii (Deluxe Edition) CD US $25.73 Buy It Now 5h 2m
IRON EAGLE original motion picture soundtrack LP 10 track featuring queen, dio, US $8.15 Buy It Now 5h 3m
QUEEN 10 SHM CD JAPAN BOX New US $279.99 Buy It Now 5h 3m
QUEEN - BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY RARE JAPAN PR0M0 CD US $29.99 [0 bids]
BANDIT QUEEN - HORMONE HOTEL 12-TRACK U.S. ADV PROMO DJ CD CS24 @@ US $10.99 Buy It Now 5h 5m
Brian May (Queen)- Too Much Love Will Kill You (4 trk) US $11.72 Buy It Now 5h 7m
QUEEN-BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY-BELGIUM+PS 1975 US $19.95 Buy It Now 5h 11m
QUEEN * 45 * Tie Your Mother Down * 1976 * UNPLAYED MINT * USA ORIGINAL ELEKTRA US $8.00 Buy It Now 5h 13m
WEIRD AL cd ALAPALOOZA Jurassic Park BEDROCK ANTHEM flintstones QUEEN bohemian US $7.99 [0 bids]
THE SMITHS - THE QUEEN IS DEAD CD ( Morrissey Johnny Marr and The Healers ) US $4.80 Buy It Now 5h 16m
CLARE BOWDITCH AND THE FEEDING SET LITTLE SELF CENTERED QUEEN CD SINGLE US $4.70 Buy It Now 5h 18m
ENCINO MAN RARE SEALED SOUNDTRACK CASSETTE TAPE! VINCE NEIL CHEAP TRICK QUEEN US $13.57 Buy It Now 5h 21m
Jimmy Dean orig single- Cajun Queen / To A Sleeping Beauty US $6.32 Buy It Now 5h 22m
Truth Hurts Truthfully Speaking inc Addictive & Queen of The Ghetto + CD US $4.90 Buy It Now 5h 23m
QUEEN The Platinum Collection 3Dics Box Set 2000 NEW US $22.99 Buy It Now 5h 36m
QUEEN - THE WORKS D/Rem CD ~ RADIO GA GA + 8 MORE *NEW* US $15.36 Buy It Now 5h 37m
Abbacadabra - Dancing Queen (CDs) 4 Tracks - Nr Mint - Fast Postage US $4.88 Buy It Now 5h 44m
Wanda Jackson - Rockabilly Queen CD US $17.32 Buy It Now 5h 47m
Queen - Made In Heaven 2011 Re-Mastered (NEW DELUXE CD) US $24.88 Buy It Now 5h 49m
Queen - Made in Heaven CD US $3.17 Buy It Now 5h 51m
QUEEN KILLERS / SCORE TAB US $199.99 Buy It Now 5h 53m
Deacon Blue - Queen Of The New Year US $2.45 [0 bids]
QUEEN POSTER "BRAZIL 81" LICENSED "BRAND NEW" FREEDIE MERCURY US $10.81 Buy It Now 5h 55m
PENELOPE QUEEN-I`D RATHER BE NAKED CD NEW US $19.37 Buy It Now 5h 56m
Motherwell, Jim: pipe major-Queen`s Piper, The CD NEW US $14.81 Buy It Now 5h 56m
Queen ?- Another One Bites The Dust **MINT** US $19.99 Buy It Now 5h 57m
Palmer / Gluck: La Corona (Albany) - Queen's Chamber Band; Julianne Baird (sop.. US $16.95 Buy It Now 5h 58m
QUEEN - TOO MUCH LOVE WILL KILL YOU 7" JUKEBOX ISSUE US $4.88 [0 bids]
Queen ?- We Will Rock You / We Are The Champions **MINT** US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h
Roger Taylor / Fun On Earth CD New SEALED QUEEN US $21.99 Buy It Now 6h 2m
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS...CANADIAN IMPORT US $11.41 Buy It Now 6h 4m
1975 Aust Release Queen A Night at the Opera Elektra Label LP Album No 7E .1053 US $13.57 Buy It Now 6h 4m
CD SINGLE QUEEN LET ME LIVE - BICYCLE RACE - FAT BOTTOMED GIRLS - DON'T STOP ME US $1.62 [0 bids]
QUEEN - THE GAME LP INDIAN COPY! RARE! FREE SHIPPING!!! US $28.00 Buy It Now 6h 9m

More places to buy QUEEN music online Buy QUEEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for QUEEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

QUEEN The Singles Collection Volume 2 ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(25%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(25%)

QUEEN The Singles Collection Volume 2 reviews

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars I go crazy

This second singles box set, like the first, contains 13 discs which are CD versions of another 13 of the band's singles. While the first box set covered the period from 1973 - 1978, this second volume covers the years 1979 - 1984. The singles featured in this box were taken from the three studio albums The Game, Hot Space and The Works as well as from the live album Live Killers and the movie soundtrack album Flash Gordon.

I wasn't too kind in my review of The Singles Collection Volume 1 box set, but I think that a slightly stronger case can be made in favour of this second volume. Here it is at least arguable that the singles are a good place to start investigating this particular period of Queen's history. This was certainly not the case with the period of the band's career covered by the first singles box set. During the period of 1973 - 1978 the best and most interesting album tracks were often not the ones that were released as singles (Bohemian Rhapsody is a notable exception, though) while during the years 1979 - 1984, this was more often the case.

Queen was always both an albums band and a singles band, but when they first started out in the early 70's they leaned heavily towards being an albums band while they became more and more of a singles band as time progressed. While masterpiece albums like Queen II and A Night At The Opera clearly works best when heard in their entirety, albums like The Game, Hot Space and The Works can benefit from a more selective listening. Save Me, Play The Game and Under Pressure are all excellent songs taken from overall less-than-excellent albums.

The more important difference between the two singles box sets is that, while Volume 1 contained only one non-album b-side, Volume 2 contains three. This is not a lot, I know, but it is more than one at least! The three non-album b-sides featured here are A Human Body, Soul Brother and I Go Crazy. A Human Body is a Roger Taylor song with him on lead vocals. It is by no means a great song, but it would have fitted in well on The Game and it is probably the best of the three non-album b-sides featured in this box. Soul Brother has the sound of Hot Space and while it would have fitted in nicely on that album, that is not exactly a compliment! Freddie uses his high-pitched voice in this one. I Go Crazy is from The Works sessions and is more of a Rock 'N' Roll number. Not awful, but also not very interesting.

Even if this second singles box set has more to offer compared to the first, I think that this is a release primarily for serious fans and collectors. Any fan of the band will want to have the studio albums from which these singles were taken anyway, and those beginners looking for a compilation album will not want to buy an expensive box set just to get an insight into Queen's early 80's period (but rather go for the much cheaper compilation albums Greatest Hits I and II or their DVD counterparts that feature most of these same songs).

The music featured here is mostly very good and it is a nice package (I don't own this box set, however, but I have seen it in the stores). But this is not enough to elevate this above being a pure collector's item. There will probably be a The Singles Collection Volume 3 covering the final chapter of Queen's career, and hopefully there will be more non-album b-sides on that one. But buying three box sets for only a handful of non-album tracks in total is simply not for everyone! It would have been much better had they released a single disc compilation with all of the band's non-album b-sides.

I will give the same advice concerning this box as I gave with regards to Volume 1: if you don't have the studio albums from which these singles were taken, buy them! If you already have these studio albums, you don't really need this box set unless you are a serious fan or collector.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#236606) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 03, 2009

Post a review of QUEEN "The Singles Collection Volume 2"