Кров у наших криницях (BLOOD IN OUR WELLS)

Drudkh

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

Drudkh Кров у наших криницях (Blood in Our Wells) album cover

Buy DRUDKH Music
Studio Album, released in 2006

1. Навь (Nav') (2:25)
2. Борозни богів (Furrows of Gods) (8:57)
3. Коли пломінь перетворюється на попіл (When the Flame Turns to Ashes) (10:37)
4. Самітність (Solitude) (12:24)
5. Вічність (Eternity) (10:38)
6. Українська повстанська армія (Ukrainian Insurgent Army) (5:02)

Total time 50:04

- Roman Saenko / guitars, bass
- Thurios / vocals, keyboards
- Amorth / drums, keyboards

CD Supernal Music FERLY037CD (March 23, 2006)

Thanks to J-Man for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

Buy DRUDKH Кров у наших криницях (Blood in Our Wells) Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
?? ????? ??????? ????? (They Often See Dreams About the Spring)?? ????? ??????? ????? (They Often See Dreams About the Spring)
Season of Mist 2018
Eastern Frontier in FlamesEastern Frontier in Flames
Season of Mist 2014
$8.56

DRUDKH - BLOOD IN OUR WELLS NEW CD USD $16.13 Buy It Now
Kroda / Towards The Firmaments Verge Of Life (Ancient Nation) Drudkh USD $9.42 [0 bids]
35m 39s
Kroda & Oprich ?/ Legend - Wolfen Loyalty (Stellar Winter) Drudkh VG+ USD $8.07 [0 bids]
36m 43s
Kroda / Fimbulvinter (Hammermark Art) VG+ Drudkh USD $9.42 [0 bids]
38m 21s
Kroda ?/ Fünf Jahre Kulturkampf CD & DVD (Digipak) (Purity Through Fire) Drudkh USD $10.77 [0 bids]
42m 21s
HATE FOREST "Nietzscheism" 2 X LP drudkh immortal USD $25.60 Buy It Now 2h 55m
DISSIMULATION "Atiduokit Mirusius" LP drudkh mgla USD $19.54 Buy It Now 2h 55m
KHORS "The Flame of Eternity's Decline" LP drudkh kroda USD $18.19 Buy It Now 2h 57m
SACRILEGIUM "Wicher" 2 X LP behemoth drudkh USD $25.60 Buy It Now 2h 57m
OLD SILVER KEY "S/T" CD alcest drudkh USD $13.47 Buy It Now 2h 57m
SVAFNIR "The Heathen Chapters" CD agalloch drudkh USD $13.47 Buy It Now 2h 57m
HATE FOREST "The Gates" LP drudkh dark ages USD $18.86 Buy It Now 2h 59m
OBTEST "Dvylika JuodVarniu" PIC 7" drudkh loits USD $10.11 Buy It Now 2h 59m
OBTEST "Auka Seniems Dievams" CD enslaved arckanum drudkh USD $14.15 Buy It Now 3h
DARK AGES "The Tractatus de Hereticis.." CD drudkh USD $13.47 Buy It Now 3h
ANCESTORS BLOOD "A Dark Passage From.." CD nokturnal mortum drudkh USD $13.47 Buy It Now 3h
DISSIMULATION "Atiduokit Mirusius" CD drudkh mgla USD $13.47 Buy It Now 3h
FEN "The Maledicition Fields" 2 x LP agalloch drudkh USD $25.60 Buy It Now 3h
SOJARUUN "Talv" MCD drudkh arckanum USD $10.11 Buy It Now 3h
DALKHU "Descend...Into Nothingness" LP astrofaes drudkh USD $19.54 Buy It Now 3h
ASTROFAES "Dying Emotions Domain" CD drudkh old wainds USD $14.15 Buy It Now 3h 2m
JASSA "Lights in the Howling Wilderness" LP drudkh evilfeast USD $18.86 Buy It Now 3h 2m
FOREST "As A Song In The Harvest of Grief" CD drudkh nokturnal mortum USD $14.82 Buy It Now 3h 2m
OLD WAINDS "Death Nord Kult" CD immortal drudkh USD $14.82 Buy It Now 3h 2m
DARK AGES "Rabble, Whores, Usurers" LP drudkh USD $17.52 Buy It Now 3h 4m
AURVANDIL "Yearning" CD kampfar drudkh USD $13.47 Buy It Now 3h 4m
FOREST "As a Song in the Harvest of Grief" CD nokturnal mortum drudkh USD $14.15 Buy It Now 3h 7m
OBTEST "Tukstantmetis" PIC LP drudkh kampfar USD $19.54 Buy It Now 3h 7m
DARKESTRAH "Turan" LP drudkh falkenbach USD $20.21 Buy It Now 3h 7m
ILDJARN / HATE FOREST "Split" DOUBLE LP nidhogg emperor drudkh USD $26.95 Buy It Now 3h 7m
PANTHEON "Vargrstrike" CD nachtfalke drudkh USD $13.47 Buy It Now 3h 7m
DARK AGES "A Chronicle of the Plague" LP drudkh hate forest ildjarn USD $14.82 Buy It Now 3h 7m
AGALLOCH "Pale Folklore" CD opeth drudkh alcest USD $14.82 Buy It Now 3h 7m
LUCIFUGUM "Acme Adeptum" CD drudkh judas iscariot USD $12.80 Buy It Now 3h 7m
DARK AGES "Twilight of Europe" CD drudkh ildjarn USD $13.47 Buy It Now 3h 10m
ILDJARN "Strength and Anger" DOUBLE LP nidhogg emperor drudkh USD $37.73 Buy It Now 3h 10m
LOITS "Ei Kahetse Midagi" PIC LP drudkh khors USD $18.19 Buy It Now 3h 10m
HATE FOREST "The Curse" LP drudkh dark ages USD $18.86 Buy It Now 3h 10m
FOLKVANG " On the Wings of.." CD astrofaes drudkh USD $13.47 Buy It Now 3h 10m
THE MEADS OF ASPHODEL "In the Name of God..." LP mayhem drudkh USD $19.54 Buy It Now 3h 12m
HATE FOREST "Dead But Dreaming" LP drudkh arckanum USD $18.86 Buy It Now 3h 12m
OBTEST "Auka Seniems Dievams" PIC LP drudkh kampfar USD $19.54 Buy It Now 3h 12m
MENHIR "Die Ewigen Stiene" CD falkenbach drudkh USD $12.80 Buy It Now 3h 12m
WYRD / HAIVE / KEHRA "Split" LP ildjarn drudkh USD $18.19 Buy It Now 3h 13m
ASTROFAES "Live Hate" DVD drudkh demoncy USD $14.82 Buy It Now 3h 13m
ANGANTYR / NASHEIM "Split" LP 666X kampfar drudkh USD $20.89 Buy It Now 3h 15m
DRUDKH/HADES ALMIGHTY-SPLIT ONE WHO...1 PRESS 2016 DIGIPAK RARE!!! USD $12.66 Buy It Now 5h 43m
Drudkh: Estrangement CD 2010 Reissue Season Of Mist SUA 015 Digipak NEW USD $11.95 Buy It Now 8h 4m
Drudkh - Eastern Frontier in Flames [New CD] USD $12.41 Buy It Now 15h 25m
DRUDKH - They Often See Dreams About The Spring - Cassette USD $16.49 Buy It Now 23h 20m
RAVENTALE 2015 Dark Substance Of Dharma CD Depressive Black Doom Drudkh USD $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Austere shirt, size Large. black metal, Woods of Desolation, Germ, Drudkh. USD $16.17 Buy It Now 1 day
DRUDKH - A FURROW CUT SHORT USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $10.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Drudkh - They Often See Dreams About The Spring 822603188622 (CD Used Like New) USD $12.26 Buy It Now 1 day
DRUDKH - Estrangement (Cd,2010) USD $10.19 Buy It Now 1 day
Hades Almighty / Drudkh - Pyre Era Black / One Who Talks W (Vinyl Used Like New) USD $23.05 Buy It Now 2 days
Der Weg Einer Freiheit-Stellar CD New Tombs Deafheaven Drudkh Marduk WITTR USD $11.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Imperium Dekadenz - Procella Vadens CD Black Metal from Germany ffo Drudkh USD $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Drudkh ?- Slavonic Chronicles 10" LP - Grey Colored Vinyl - NEW - Black Metal USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
HELLVETO Medieval Scream ORG CD LTD 500 Graveland Elffor Drudkh Nokturnal Mortum USD $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SERPENS - The Cult CD 2006 Rare Atmospheric Black Metal Drudkh Fen Krohm USD $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Lutomysl Collector Bundle Hate Forest Drudkh Branikald Nokturnal Mortum Dub Buk USD $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
DRUDKH They Often See Dreams About The Spring CLEAR 200 Frustration Free Ship USD $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DRUDKH Blood In Our Wells SUPER JEWEL BOX CD OOP RARE LIMITED 1000 COPIES USD $100.00 Buy It Now 3 days
DRUDKH Estrangement SUPER JEWEL BOX CD OOP RARE LIMITED 1000 COPIES USD $100.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Drudkh songs of grief and solitude lp vinyl like new black USD $40.00 Buy It Now 3 days
DRUDKH - A Furrow Cut Short Digipak CD 2015 Season of Mist New/Sealed USD $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Drudkh: They Often See Dreams About The Spring CD 2018 Season Of Mist USA NEW USD $14.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Drudkh-?????? ????? ?????? (Eternal Turn of the Wheel)-CD-black metal-agalloch USD $11.69 Buy It Now 3 days
Drudkh - Forgotten Legends [New CD] USD $14.86 Buy It Now 3 days
Drudkh - Forgotten Legends [New CD] USD $12.94 Buy It Now 4 days
Drudkh - Eternal Turn of the Wheel [New CD] USD $11.41 Buy It Now 4 days
DRUDKH Microcosmos LP Black Vinyl new metal USD $15.00 [0 bids]
ARCKANUM-FENRIS KINDIR-CD-black-metal-behexen-drudkh-watain-mgla-kampfar-helheim USD $12.59 Buy It Now 4 days
Drudkh-Eternal Turn Of The Wheel CD NEW USD $15.33 Buy It Now 4 days
Forgotten Legends [Digipak] by Drudkh (CD, Sep-2009, Season of Mist) USD $1.99 [0 bids]
USD $6.00 Buy It Now
Drudkh Lebedynyi Shlyakh CD USD $17.85 Buy It Now 5 days
Drudkh Songs Of Grief And Solitude CD USD $17.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Drudkh One Who Talks With The Fog CD USD $17.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Drudkh A Furrow Cut Short CD USD $17.85 Buy It Now 5 days
Drudkh Eastern Frontier In Flames CD USD $17.85 Buy It Now 5 days
Underdark - Who is your Master? CD 2010 Drudkh dark electronic ambient USD $6.00 Buy It Now 5 days
ANGANTYR Sejr CD Arckanum Behexen Horna Sargeist Warloghe Drudkh Graveland Absu USD $11.99 Buy It Now 5 days
HATE FOREST Nietzscheism ORG CD 1st Press 2005 Drudkh Nokturnal Mortum Agalloch USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
HATE FOREST Battlefields ORG CD 1st Press 2004 Drudkh Nokturnal Mortum Enslaved USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
HATE FOREST The Most Ancient Ones ORG CD 1st Press 2002 Drudkh Nokturnal Mortum USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
4cd Black Metal Lot! Sun of the Sleepless Drudkh Deafheaven Blaze of Perdition USD $12.99 [0 bids]
In the Woods "Heart of the Ages" 1st press CD black metal Agalloch Ulver Drudkh USD $2.33 [2 bids]
1BURZUM - Aske --- Backpatch Back Patch / Drudkh Judas Iscariot Sterbend Strid USD $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
IMPERIUM DEKADENZ-DIS MANIBVS-CD-black-metal-drudkh-agalloch-winterfylleth USD $12.59 Buy It Now 5 days
Drudkh - Eternal Turn of the Wheel CD 2012 black metal Ukraine digipack USD $11.95 Buy It Now 6 days
Negura Bunget OM CD/DVD Digipak 1PRESS Darkthrone mayhem Drudkh Enslaved Marduk USD $10.00 [0 bids]
Drudkh: The Swan Road CD 2010 Season Of Mist Underground Activists SUA 012 NEW USD $11.95 Buy It Now 6 days
SVARTTHRON Sountrack.. CD LTD DIGI A5 NEW SEALED Nyktalgia Graveland Drudkh USD $17.99 Buy It Now 6 days
DORMANT Beneath The Mighty Oak RARE CD A5 DVD BOX Agalloch Opeth Wyrd Drudkh USD $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
DRUDKH-A FURROW CUT SHORT -DIGI- CD NEW USD $15.33 Buy It Now 6 days
ILDJARN-FOREST POETRY-CD-RE-ISSUE-black-metal-ambient-nachtmystium-drudkh-haat USD $13.49 Buy It Now 6 days
Drudkh - They Often See Dreams about the Spring LP #117761 USD $26.96 Buy It Now 6 days
Drudkh - They Often See Dreams about the Spring MC #115642 USD $17.03 Buy It Now 6 days
DRUDKH - A FURROW CUT SHORT NEW CD USD $14.94 Buy It Now 6 days

More places to buy DRUDKH music online Buy DRUDKH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

DRUDKH Кров у наших криницях (Blood in Our Wells) ratings distribution

DRUDKH Кров у наших криницях (Blood in Our Wells) reviews

Review by EatThatPhonebook
4 stars We arrive at the album that consider Drudkh's masterpiece, "Blood In Our Wells". I have to disagree; it isn't as good as "Autumn Aurora", but it gets pretty close. In fact, this is in my opinion the second best Drudkh album, better than the debut "Forgotten Legends" or the difficult "The Swan Road".

While with their previous album it seemed like they lost much of their progressive style, "Blood In Our Wells" is the most progressive work they have done so far: many keyboards, slow and dreamy instants, many time changes. The songs are almost all long, clocking around ten minutes, all of them with very complex, multi part structures. Indeed, this is a progressive album. Once again the lyrics are full of accentuated patriotism and love for Ukraine. The title itself "Blood In Our Wells" comes from an old, Hungarian poem of the same title.

Dark, intriguing like no other Drudkh album, the band here brings to the songs a little more simplicity in the melodies, making it at times a little predictable, but at the same much more accessible to the public. This is probably why many worship this album. This does not mean that the songs aren't able to give those emotions that every Drudkh fan has knowledge of; The different parts of the songs, other than connecting brilliantly, have all an obscure and cryptic feeling that no other album of the band was able to conceive, probably also thanks to the cleaner sound of the guitars, that make it even more effective. The calm parts though aren't always as good as you would think they would be, in fact these are the parts where the music gets pretty often predictable.

Generally speaking, the atmosphere is muh more alarmed and energetic than the previous Drudkh albums; I think it's because the band in this album, thematically speaking, got a lot more close to the human element, abandoning the evocative, wild nature auras. Just look at the cover of the album; for the first time we see the presence of man, in an extremely grim circumstance. Maybe with "Blood In Our Wells" the band got more sensitive with the generic problems, fears, and hopes of man, even though inserted in a very dark context.

"Furrows Of Gods" has the darkest and most mysterious melody, "When The Flames Turn Into Ashes" the most complex. These two, with the intro, are my favorite pieces. "Solitude" get's boring and it's a little too long, "Eternity" is a little unusual, but it definitely works more than "Solitude". "Ukrainian Insurgent Army" never really worked for me, except for some parts.

"Blood In Our Wells", despite all the things I said against it, is an album I really, really like, and it an excellent addiction to whoever loves this kind of music, or whoever hates humanity.

Review by Conor Fynes
5 stars 'Blood in Our Wells' - Drudkh (86/100)

Drudkh are a band of mixed messages. In the light of certain 'accusations', they've outwardly declared themselves to be apolitical in nature, that their music is primarily intended as a reverence of nature. That may have been true for Forgotten Legends and Autumn Aurora, but by the time of Blood in Our Wells, it's clear that that statement was forged to some degree of bull[&*!#]. The album's cover (drawn from the work of 19th century painter Vasily Perov) Romanticizes an extremely traditional way of life. The lyrics are taken from the work of Ukrainian poets. Even titling a song "Ukrainian Insurgent Army" doesn't give a lot of space to argue that Drudkh have their hearts purely set on admiring trees.

Most telling of all, however, is Drudkh's dedication of this album to the memory of Stepan Bandera, the Ukrainian nationalist fixed on claiming the Ukraine's independence throughout the Second World War. I've no doubt Drudkh have shirked away from directly discussing their politik either as a way to keep their label happy, or as a way to prevent needless hassle. And why would they want to entreat that nuisance anyway? Any talk of nationalism sparks the ire of a braindead Left, with misguided hearts set on quelling all regional, ethnic or otherwise exclusivist pride in the name of justice and tolerance. Any fan of Blood in Our Wells who somehow holds Drudkh's nationalism begrudgingly against them is probably missing the point. They're certainly capable of creating masterpieces purely inspired by nature-- Autumn Aurora is living proof of that fact. But there's something else working on Blood in Our Wells, a tragic quality you could never feel from nature-worship alone. Much as the case was for Varg Vikernes' work in Burzum, the fact that Drudkh are so passionate about their ideology is a good part of the reason why the atmosphere on Blood in Our Wells is so rich and penetrating. They're extremely proud, sad, and angry on this album, and every minute of music here serves as testament to that fact.

When all is said, I think I'll always prefer the pristine atavism of Autumn Aurora over all else in Drudkh's discography. Blood in OUr Wells is up there however, and I don't think I'd have liked it half as much if it had continued trying to repeat the band's early glory. The unveiling of their Ukrainian pride was hinted at on The Swan Road, but it wasn't manifested full-force until this album. Here, native Ukrainian folk instrumentation is largely used between the cracks of the album's long (10~ minute) compositions. While black metal by itself isn't usually tied to a specific region, folk music often is, and the inclusion gives their black metal mainstay a greater weight as a result. With Autumn Aurora, Drudkh created a pastoral atmosphere that could be related to by anyone who felt at one with nature by themselves at some point in their life. Blood in Our Wells is far more specific to their personal identity and circumstance, and that gives it an even deeper emotional resonance.

Most all of Drudkh's ideas are good or great. That could be said in relation to any of their works. Where the superb is distinguished from the fair and middling is the way they structure those ideas. Like many in atmospheric black metal, Drudkh love to use repetition in their compositions. On Autumn Aurora, they struck a minimalist's perfection, giving each idea the time it needed to thrive. When one of their albums, like Forgotten Legends is less impressive, it's usually because they've stretched an idea out too long. Well, I can say with certainty that Blood in Our Wells has many of Drudkh's finest ingredients, with some of them (such as the gorgeous closing minutes of "When the Flame Turns to Ashes") even surpassing anything on Autumn Aurora.

Some songs, like "Furrows of Gods", are immaculately penned and structured. Despite the brilliant earthly atmosphere throughout the album, I do think some of the motifs towards the latter half of the album overstay their welcome, if only a bit. Blood in Our Wells is fifty minutes long, and it does sound like it might have fared better with a few minutes shaved off that tally. Because the album generally lurks around a driving mid-pace, I usually find myself wanting a change of speed around "Solitude" or "Eternity". I've recently come to love Blood in Our Wells , and know now that I didn't give it near as much credit as I should have when I first heard it years ago, but I'm left with the consistent impression that either or both of those tracks could have used a little trimming around the edges.

Drudkh may withhold themselves from making any explicit statements, but there's a very specific kind of melancholy at work here. The folk accompaniment and pastoral imagery carries an anger that could only be fuelled by some external anger. Even if I don't see Blood in Our Wells as the band's best, I have no problem with the fact that it's seen as the band's canonical masterpiece. What they began to work with on The Swan Road, they almost perfected with this one. Some of the melodies on this album will haunt me forever.

5 stars If Autumn Aurora was where Drudkh developed their signature sound, Blood in Our Wells is the point at which they progged the hell out. Of the five actual songs on this album, four top the nine-minute mark with ease. All of them are comprised of multiple interlocking sections and most of them feature ... (read more)

Report this review (#1313069) | Posted by CassandraLeo | Thursday, November 20, 2014 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The fifth album by these masters of epic black metal. Hidden behind one of the better cover art-work I have ever seen on a black metal album, this band from Ukraine still walks down the path laid down on the previous albums. That means a healthy dosage of the Bathory and the Enslaved sound (b ... (read more)

Report this review (#326553) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Friday, November 19, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DRUDKH "Кров у наших криницях (Blood in Our Wells)"