MEMORIA VETUSTA I: FATHERS OF THE ICY AGE

Experimental/Post Metal

Blut Aus Nord Memoria Vetusta I: Fathers of the Icy Age album cover

Buy BLUT AUS NORD Music
Studio Album, released in 1996

1. Slaughterday (The Heathen Blood of Ours) (6:49)
2. On the Path of Wolf... Towards Dwarfhill (5:46)
3. Sons of Wisdom, Master of Elements (6:07)
4. The Forsaken Voices of the Ghostwood's Shadowy Realm (6:01)
5. The Territory of Witches/Guardians of the Dark Lake (8:12)
6. Day of Revenge (The Impure Blood of Theirs) (5:16)
7. Fathers of the Icy Age (7:01)

Search BLUT AUS NORD Memoria Vetusta I: Fathers of the Icy Age lyrics

Search BLUT AUS NORD Memoria Vetusta I: Fathers of the Icy Age tabs

- Vindsval / all vocals and instruments

Released by Impure Creations Records
Recorded and mixed by Vindsval.
Front cover by Francois de Nomé "Les Enfers"
Re-released by Candlelight Records USA in 2005 as "Fathers Of The Icy Ages".

Thanks to UMUR for the addition

BLUT AUS NORD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BLUT AUS NORD Memoria Vetusta I: Fathers of the Icy Age Music

Fathers Of The Icy Age - Memoria Vetusta IFathers Of The Icy Age - Memoria Vetusta I
Debemur Morti Productions
Vinyl$49.99

More places to buy BLUT AUS NORD music online Buy BLUT AUS NORD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BLUT AUS NORD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BLUT AUS NORD Memoria Vetusta I: Fathers of the Icy Age ratings distribution

BLUT AUS NORD Memoria Vetusta I: Fathers of the Icy Age reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars "Memoria Vetusta I: Fathers of the Icy Age" is the 2nd full-length studio album by French black metal act Blut aus Nord. The album was released through Impure Creations Records in 1996. The original version was limited to 1000 copies. The album was re-released by Candlelight Records US division in 2005 with the shortened title "Fathers of the Icy Age".

The music on the album is atmospheric and at times slightly experimental black metal. The vocals are raspy. The use of keyboards in the music really enhances the dark atmosphere and at times provide an epic touch to the tracks. The music is not symphonic though and the keyboards are generally very tastefully placed in the mix and clearly composed to create atmosphere rather than playing a lead role. The tempos in the tracks are mostly mid-paced but there are faster paced parts too. The generally (for black metal) slow pace also helps build the epic atmosphere that is present on the album.

The sound production is raw and a bit lo-fi, but not without charm, and it suits the rawness of the music well. Upon conclusion "Memoria Vetusta I: Fathers of the Icy Age" is a good quality atmospheric black metal release and a great follow up to "Ultima Thulée (1995)". The music is intriguing and cleverly composed, the musicianship are solid, and the sound production suits the music, so I´d say a 3.5 star (70%) rating is fair.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#1225900) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, July 29, 2014

2 stars Very heavy black metal with a twist. Richard Wagner left a legacy. One of them is perhaps black metal. At least the type of black metal with a massive sound and some melody. We are not talking about the likes of Immortal and Darkthrone. We are talking about a band like Blut Aus Nord. Richard ... (read more)

Report this review (#241890) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Monday, September 28, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BLUT AUS NORD "Memoria Vetusta I: Fathers of the Icy Age"