SPIT AT ME AND WREAK HAVOC ON MY FLESH

Experimental/Post Metal

Gnaw Their Tongues Spit at Me and Wreak Havoc on My Flesh album cover

Buy GNAW THEIR TONGUES Music
Studio Album, released in 2006

1. A Burned Offering (8:20)
2. Spit At Me and Wreak Havoc On My Flesh (5:52)
3. Stabmovement and Skinning Essay (7:08)
4. ...Gnaw Their Tongues in Pain (5:22)
5. Healing Open Wounds With Salt (3:00)
6. Seven Heads and Ten Horns (8:40)
7. Death, Suffering and Death (11:40)

Search GNAW THEIR TONGUES Spit at Me and Wreak Havoc on My Flesh lyrics

Search GNAW THEIR TONGUES Spit at Me and Wreak Havoc on My Flesh tabs

- Mories / All music and art

Self-released in January 2006
CD-R in handmade cardboard sleeve.

Thanks to UMUR for the addition

GNAW THEIR TONGUES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GNAW THEIR TONGUES Spit at Me and Wreak Havoc on My Flesh Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Epiphanic Vomiting of BloodEpiphanic Vomiting of Blood
Crucial Blast 2008
All the Dread Magnificence of PerversityAll the Dread Magnificence of Perversity
Crucial Blast 2009
L'Arrivee De La Terne Mort TriomphanteL'Arrivee De La Terne Mort Triomphante
Crucial Blast 2010
Per Flagellum Sanguemque Tenebras VeneramusPer Flagellum Sanguemque Tenebras Veneramus
Crucial Blast 2011
For All the Slaves a Song of FFor All the Slaves a Song of F
PID 2009
Audio CD$121.94 (used)
Per Flagellum Sanguemque Tenebras Veneramus by Gnaw Their Tongues [Music CD]Per Flagellum Sanguemque Tenebras Veneramus by Gnaw Their Tongues [Music CD]
Crucial Blast Records

More places to buy GNAW THEIR TONGUES music online Buy GNAW THEIR TONGUES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GNAW THEIR TONGUES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GNAW THEIR TONGUES Spit at Me and Wreak Havoc on My Flesh ratings distribution

GNAW THEIR TONGUES Spit at Me and Wreak Havoc on My Flesh reviews

Review by UMUR
4 stars "Spit at Me and Wreak Havoc on My Flesh" is the debut full-length studio album by Dutch experimental extreme metal act Gnaw Their Tongues. Gnaw Their Tongues is a one man act consisting of Mories who handles everything from music to artwork on the album. The album was self-released in January 2006.

The music on the album is dark, extreme, ambient, noisy, unpleasant, experimental but most importantly very intriguing. The music actually defies catagorization thatīs how unique I think it is. I find it deeply fascinating. Iīll try and describe it like this: The basis in the music is droning and dark distorted bass/ guitars and what sounds like programmed/ sampled drums (they could be real though. Iīm not sure), but on top of those add layers upon layers of samples, sounds (eerie sounding keyboards/ synths/ piano/ strings) and voices. And weīre talking really unpleasant samples of tortured screams, moaning, blood dripping, creepy heavy breathing, autopsy details, mad preachers and other unpleasantries. The vocals are raspy and tortured screams which mostly appear low in the mix. The perfect soundtrack to a torture scene or one of those rare horror movies that are actually scary. To be honest I have no idea how this music is made. Iīm a musician myself but this goes beyond my knowledge in music. There are tons of little details going on at any given moment on the album and the music on "Spit at Me and Wreak Havoc on My Flesh" certainly wouldnīt work as background music. This is a demanding listen and it deserves to be dealt with accordingly. Thereīs a dark, filthy atmosphere on the album and I kind of feel like a naughty child listening to something mommy definitely wouldnīt approve of. A filthy and shameful feeling yet at the same time exciting and addictive. Itīs like people passing by a traffic accident. They know itīs wrong to look but they canīt help themselves.

While the music is somewhat rooted in black metal, thereīs very little on "Spit at Me and Wreak Havoc on My Flesh" that resembles traditional black metal. The track that resembles traditional old school black metal the most is "Healing Open Wounds With Salt" but "...Gnaw Their Tongues in Pain" and "Seven Heads and Ten Horns" also feature some faster paced sections that could be viewed as somewhat traditional. Most of the album is slow and droning though. With song titles like "Death, Suffering and Death", "Healing Open Wounds With Salt" and "...Gnaw Their Tongues in Pain" itīs easy to imagine the lyrical content on the album.

The production is raw, noisy and chaotic upon first listen but repeated listens have meant that the sound has opened up to me and Iīve begun to understand and enjoy the album even more. I think this sound is as close to perfection as youīll get for the music on this album. Itīs not often I enjoy productions as noisy and distorted as this one but under the right circumstances a raw production like this one can work wonders.

I know itīs big words but I donīt hesitate to call Mories a genius on the grounds of this album. He is probably in the mad and bizarre genius end of the spectrum but Iīm sure heīll take that as a compliment rather than an insult. I canīt wait another minute before I get my hands on another release in his extensive discography. Calling this a promising debut album would be an understatement of the big ones. Iīd rather call it a mindblowing and extremely innovative release. The fact that the album is available for download on Gnaw Their Tongues myspace for a "Pay What You Want" download fee (the original pressing is out of print) just makes this release even more attractive. A 4.5 star rating is more than deserved and I might upgrade this one to a full 5 in time. This is what I call truly progressive and innovative music. Iīve been repulsed and Iīve been frightened while listening to this album and more than one time have I been forced to turn the music off because I just couldnīt handle it anymore. Yet I keep coming back because some dark perverted part of me seems to crave this. Itīs taken me almost a year before I felt confident enough to write about this album. I hope I did it justice.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#266615) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Post a review of GNAW THEIR TONGUES "Spit at Me and Wreak Havoc on My Flesh"