NEPTUNE WITH FIRE

Ancestors Neptune with Fire album cover

Buy ANCESTORS Music
Studio Album, released in 2008

1. Orcus Avarice (16:46)
2. Neptune with Fire (21:38)

Search ANCESTORS Neptune with Fire lyrics

Search ANCESTORS Neptune with Fire tabs

- Justin Maranga / guitar, vocals
- Nick Long / bass, vocals
- Brandon Pierce / drums
- Chico Foley / electronics, keyboards, vocals
- J. Christopher Watkins / organ, vocals

CD North Atlantic Sound (2008)

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition
and to LiquidEternity for the last updates

ANCESTORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANCESTORS Neptune with Fire Music

Vinyl$11.79
Neptune with Fire [Vinyl]Neptune with Fire [Vinyl]
North Atlantic 2008
Vinyl$14.56
In Dreams And Time - Ancestors New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $14.92 Buy It Now 1h 22m
BIG BLACK Message to our ANCESTORS uni AFRO Jazz PERCUSSION Funk  US $29.95 Buy It Now 1h 39m
All Our Ancestors - Tuu New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $19.53 Buy It Now 5h 57m
Ancestors "Of Sound Mind" -ADVANCE PROMO CD!!! US $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 21m
CHTHONIC (??) - Where the Ancestors' Souls Gathered / ORG 99 Fredmosa US $49.99 [0 bids]
RUBBADUBB 3 TRACK CD "TRIBUTE TO OUR ANCESTORS / REMIX / DESTINY" US $4.49 Buy It Now 15h 37m
Ancestors Of Rap [LP] V/A *SEALED* [Tramp; TRLP 9019] (Germany) US $25.99 Buy It Now 19h 57m
Heathen Fury "Demo" Tape White Medal Sump Vetala Graveland Bone Awl Ancestors US $4.99 [0 bids]
Ill-Tolerance "Prospects Of Terror" Tape Ives Ancestors Bone Awl Archgoat Horna US $3.99 [0 bids]
If My Ancestors Could See Me Now by Ivan Neville (Cassette, Sep-1995, Iguana ... US $5.99 [0 bids]
AMAR CHITRA 4 STORIES LP RECORD SATI & SHIVA DASHARATHA PRAHLAD ANCESTORS OF RAM US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Ivan Neville: If My Ancestors Could See Me Now LP Ex US $7.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Ancestors - The W.E.S. Group (CD 2006) US $10.50 Buy It Now 1 day
ARMEN DONELIAN - SAYAT-NOVA: SONGS OF MY ANCESTORS NEW CD US $25.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Korea-Ritual Music For The Royal Ancestors [CD New] US $17.27 Buy It Now 1 day
ANCESTORS Invisible White LP new sealed w/ free digital download US $20.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KOREA: RITUAL MUSIC FOR THE ROYAL ANCESTORS / VAR NEW CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Renee Rosnes : Ancestors CD (2003) US $4.77 Buy It Now 2 days
ANCESTORS - NEPTUNE WITH FIRE NEW CD US $17.93 Buy It Now 2 days
[LP] Ivan Neville,If My Ancestors Could See.. (Polydor) {EX} UK US $14.39 Buy It Now 2 days
ANCESTORS BLOOD "When the Forest Calls" LP nokturnal mortum graveland US $22.85 Buy It Now 2 days
My Ancestors - Chrissy Zebby Tembo New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $23.39 Buy It Now 2 days
Weaving My Ancestors' Voices by Sheila Chandra (CD, Sep-1998, RealWorld/CEMA) US $8.50 [0 bids]
CHRISSY ZEBBY TEMBO & Ngozi Family-My Ancestors Zambia '74 Wild fuzz guit-NEW CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
HALLOW Hallow Soundtrack 2LP mark mccoy black noise/blackened hardcore ancestors US $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Ivan Neville - Thanks / If My Ancestors Could see Me Now (2 x CD) New US $4.82 Buy It Now 3 days
Chrissy Zebby Tembo & Ngozi Family My Ancestors LP EX US $30.00 Buy It Now 3 days
BARREN HARVEST - S/T CS Horrid Cross Euthanizer Ancestors Youth Attack Langour US $7.99 [0 bids]
Mandalaband - III BC - ANCESTORS - Japan SHM-CD New US $27.28 [0 bids]
Ancestors Invisible White 12" EP sealed Mint free digital download US $16.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ANCESTORS OF RAP / VARIOUS (UK) NEW CD US $28.32 Buy It Now 3 days
Korea-Ritual Music For The Royal Ancestors CD US $22.36 Buy It Now 3 days
Neptune with Fire [Slipcase] by Ancestors (L.A.) (CD, Mar-2008, North... US $2.99 [0 bids]
LOUIS MOHOLO-MOHOLO/ - ANCESTORS [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $17.62 Buy It Now 3 days
Ivan Neville CD ~ 'If My Ancestors Could See Me Now' ~1988 ,Iguana/A US $4.99 [0 bids]
CD: Spirits of the Ancestors (1993) US $3.18 [0 bids]
KAHIL EL'ZABAR - THE ANCESTORS ARE AMONGST US - NEW CD US $8.41 Buy It Now 4 days
Ancestors by Renee Rosnes (CD, Apr-1996, Blue Note (Label)) US $4.78 Buy It Now 4 days
Ivan Neville If My Ancestors Could See Me Now West German CD US $15.37 Buy It Now 4 days
Randy Weston - Spirits of Our Ancestors (1992) 2 CD QUALITY CHECKED US $31.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Ivan Neville If My Ancestors Could See Me Now rare LP great condition US $10.99 [0 bids]
Woddrea Mylenstede "Raw Rehearsals" Tape Sump Skullflower Vetala Ancestors Haxan US $3.99 [0 bids]
Ivan Neville - If My Ancestors... - Rock LP SEALED US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Ancestors, In Dreams And Time; 6TRK PR ADV CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
ANCESTORS: Invisible White 12 (w/ free digital download) Rock & Pop US $14.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Ivan Neville NM USA PDO 1988 CD If My Ancestors Could See Me Now (son of Aaron) US $27.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Ancestors: In Death 7" US $16.80 Buy It Now 5 days
KAHIL EL'ZABAR'S RITUAL TRIO - ANCESTORS ARE AMONGST US NEW CD US $17.19 Buy It Now 5 days
1992 SHEILA CHANDRA Weaving My Ancestors Voices CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Spirits of Our Ancestors by Randy Weston (CD, Mar-1992, 2 Discs, Antilles) US $42.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Ancestors Blood - Return of the Ancient Ones CD 2013 repress atmospheric pagan US $13.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Who Do You Thing You Are Bdfordshire Ancestors promo cd-rom sealed US $2.45 Buy It Now 5 days
Who Do You Thing You Are Devon Ancestors promo cd-rom sealed US $2.45 Buy It Now 5 days
Who Do You Thing You Are County Durham Ancestors promo cd-rom sealed US $2.45 Buy It Now 5 days
Who Do You Thing You Are Somerset Ancestors promo cd-rom sealed US $2.45 Buy It Now 5 days
Who Do You Thing You Are South Wales Ancestors promo cd-rom sealed US $2.45 Buy It Now 5 days
Who Do You Thing You Are Dorset Ancestors promo cd-rom sealed US $2.45 Buy It Now 5 days
Who Do You Thing You Are Stirlingshire Ancestors promo cd-rom sealed US $2.45 Buy It Now 5 days
Who Do You Thing You Are Welsh Ancestors promo cd-rom sealed US $2.45 Buy It Now 5 days
Who Do You Thing You Are Sussex Ancestors promo cd-rom sealed US $2.45 Buy It Now 5 days
Who Do You Thing You Are Railway Ancestors promo cd-rom US $2.45 Buy It Now 5 days
Who Do You Thing You Are Find Cheshire Ancestors promo cd-rom US $2.45 Buy It Now 5 days
Narasirato Pan Pipers - Solomon Islands-Cry Of The Ancestors CD US $18.49 Buy It Now 5 days
Dalot - Ancestors CD Pop Electronic US $17.45 Buy It Now 5 days
ANCESTORS - OF SOUND MIND [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $8.94 Buy It Now 5 days
Kahil El'Zabar's Ritual Trio - Ancestors Are Amongst Us [CD New] US $11.39 Buy It Now 5 days
Spirits of the Ancestors by Gary Richard US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ANCESTORS - OF SOUND MIND NEW VINYL US $30.17 Buy It Now 5 days
SHEILA CHANDRA**WEAVING MY ANCESTORS VOICES**CD US $10.14 Buy It Now 5 days
IVAN NEVILLE if my ancestors could see me now LP Record SEALED 1988 US $22.50 Buy It Now 6 days
IVAN NEVILLE if my ancestors could see me now LP Mint- 834 896-1 DMM Audiophile US $8.80 Buy It Now 6 days
Ancestors Of Rap [CD New] US $23.99 Buy It Now 6 days
ANCESTORS BLOOD - A Dark Passage from the Past (CD 2009) Black Metal Isengard US $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Message to our Ancestors Introducing Big Black LP Vinyl record African music US $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
NARASIRATO PAN PIPER - SOLOMON ISLANDS: CRY OF THE ANCESTORS * - NEW CD US $9.49 Buy It Now 6 days
Ancestors blood - "When the forest calls" MCD US $8.00 Buy It Now 6 days
ANCESTORS - INVISIBLE WHITE NEW CD US $15.71 Buy It Now 6 days
Ancestors - Of Sound Mind [Vinyl New] US $22.56 Buy It Now 6 days
IVAN NEVILLE 'If My Ancestors Could See Me Now' NOS LP Turntable Vinyl! US $7.95 Buy It Now 6 days
3 cd singles: Destiny's Child = Survivor + Jocasta + Tribute To Our Ancestors US $1.63 [0 bids]
Korea: Jongmyo Jeryeak (Ritual Music For the Royal Ancestors) by Court Music... US $15.05 Buy It Now 6 days
Shadows of Our Forgotten Ancestors - Various Artists New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE US $27.29 Buy It Now 6 days
Ancestors - Invisible White [CD New] US $9.71 Buy It Now 6 days
Ivan Neville If My Ancestors Could See Me Now 12" LP 1988 US $12.00 Buy It Now 7 days
RENEE ROSNES Ancestors 1996 CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Sheila Chandra, Weaving My Ancestors Voices Audio CD US $7.04 Buy It Now 7 days
Kahil ElZabars Ritual Trio - Ancestors Are Amongst Us CD US $14.72 Buy It Now 7 days
Royal Hartigan - Ancestors [CD New] US $18.28 Buy It Now 7 days
Ancestors Of Rap CD US $24.13 Buy It Now 7 days
Royal Hartigan - Ancestors CD US $25.43 Buy It Now 7 days
Ancestors - Invisible White CD US $13.74 Buy It Now 7 days
Ancestors - In Dreams & Time CD US $14.65 Buy It Now 7 days
Mandalaband Iii - Bc-Ancestors CD US $20.85 Buy It Now 7 days
Sheila Chandra -Weaving My Ancestors' Voices CD (1992) - RealWorld Records US $4.99 Buy It Now 7 days
ROYAL ENSEMBLE HARTIGAN - ANCESTORS NEW CD US $29.05 Buy It Now 7 days
Thiel,Lisa & Ani Williams - Song For My Ancestors [CD New] US $22.98 Buy It Now 7 days
IVAN NEVILLE-IF MY ANCESTORS COULD SEE ME NOW/ 1988 US $10.00 Buy It Now 7 days
FREE 2for1 OFFER-IVAN NEVILLE-If My Ancestors Could See Me Now-Polydor ?- 834 89 US $10.98 Buy It Now 7 days
ARMEN DONELIAN**SAYAT-NOVA: SONGS OF MY ANCESTORS**2 CD SET US $16.95 Buy It Now 8 days
MANDALABAND-III BC-ANCESTORS-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD G35 US $32.99 Buy It Now 8 days

More places to buy ANCESTORS music online Buy ANCESTORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANCESTORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANCESTORS Neptune with Fire ratings distribution

ANCESTORS Neptune with Fire reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars "Neptune with Fire" is the debut full-length studio album by US, Los Angeles, California based stoner metal act Ancestors. The album was released through North Atlantic Sound in February 2008.

The music on the album is predominantly instrumental/jamming stoner metal. There are vocals featured on the album (and some pretty great ones I might add) but the music is mostly instrumental. "Neptune with Fire" features only two tracks, but both tracks are more than 15 minutes long to make the albumīs playing time 38:40 minutes. In addition to guitars, bass, drums and vocals there are two keyboard players in the lineup playing organ, various keyboards and electronics. Itīs all very tastefully delivered and the album features a very organic sound and a pleasant earthy atmosphere. Because of the very long playing times, the two songs have a lot of time to develop, but while both tracks go through a couple of transitions during the playing time, there are actually very few sections in each song. Most sections go on for a long time, while solos are being played. So if you enjoy laid back and pleasant sounding jamming stoner metal "Neptune with Fire" is definitely recommendable.

Upon conclusion "Neptune with Fire" is a pretty strong release with great musicianship and a warm organic production, but the songwriting could have been a bit more focused if you ask me. My attention has a tendency to wander when the solos (which are well played but not flashy or especially adventurous) just go on and on and on. Fans of the genre might appreciate the jamming element more than I do though. A 3 star (60%) rating is warranted.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#389616) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 29, 2011

Post a review of ANCESTORS "Neptune with Fire"