NEPTUNE WITH FIRE

Ancestors Neptune with Fire album cover

Buy ANCESTORS Music
Studio Album, released in 2008

1. Orcus Avarice (16:46)
2. Neptune with Fire (21:38)

Search ANCESTORS Neptune with Fire lyrics

Search ANCESTORS Neptune with Fire tabs

- Justin Maranga / guitar, vocals
- Nick Long / bass, vocals
- Brandon Pierce / drums
- Chico Foley / electronics, keyboards, vocals
- J. Christopher Watkins / organ, vocals

CD North Atlantic Sound (2008)

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition
and to LiquidEternity for the last updates

ANCESTORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANCESTORS Neptune with Fire Music

Invisible WhiteInvisible White
Tee Pee 2011
Sheila Chandra : Weaving my ancestors voices CD US $8.64 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Throw Me The Statue Ancestors PROMO CD Single US $2.49 Buy It Now 5h 14m
STONE GROVE Calling Back the Ancestors JAPAN ONLY CD OBI PCCY-00822 Working Week US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 50m
VARIOUS - Early Rappers: Hipper Than Hop The Ancestors Of Rap - unmixed CD US $27.56 Buy It Now 9h 39m
Sheila Chandra : Weaving my ancestors voices CD US $6.81 Buy It Now 9h 50m
Ancestors - Neptune With Fire Vinyl Record LP US $19.72 Buy It Now 11h 43m
VARIOUS - Early Rappers: Hipper Than Hop - The Ancestors Of Rap - 2xLP US $38.91 Buy It Now 15h 48m
PAGAN LAND Shadows Of Forgotten Ancestors | TINI ZABUTYH PREDKOV Carpathia (CD) US $12.30 Buy It Now 18h 23m
ANCESTORS BLOOD "Return of the Ancient Ones" LP nokturnal mortum graveland US $23.51 Buy It Now 22h 6m
ANCESTORS BLOOD "A Moment of Clarity" LP nokturnal mortum graveland US $23.51 Buy It Now 22h 7m
RARE MONO Afro Jazz LP BIG BLACK Message To Our Ancestors UNI VG+ SHRINK US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Neptune with Fire [Slipcase] by Ancestors (L.A.) (CD, Mar-2008, North... US $2.99 [0 bids]
If My Ancestors Could See Me Now by Ivan Neville (CD, 1988, Polygram) US $41.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Radio Moscow S/T 7" earthless kadavar joy ancestors Volcom Ent. BLUE VINYL / NEW US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
My Ancestors by Chrissy Zebby Tembo & Ngozi Family *New CD* US $11.53 Buy It Now 1 day
Chrissy Zebby & Ngozi Family Tembo - My Ancestors [CD New] US $17.80 Buy It Now 1 day
Ancestors Of Rap [LP] V/A *SEALED* [Tramp; TRLP 9019] (Germany) US $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ill-Tolerance "Prospects Of Terror" Tape Ives Ancestors Bone Awl Archgoat Horna US $3.99 [0 bids]
Heathen Fury "Demo" Tape White Medal Sump Vetala Graveland Bone Awl Ancestors US $4.99 [0 bids]
TEMBO & NGOZI FAMILY & CHRISSY ZEBBY - MY ANCESTORS NEW CD US $21.65 Buy It Now 1 day
MANDALABAND - BC ANCESTORS NEW OCT 09 SUPERB PROJECT US $16.52 Buy It Now 1 day
volcom ent. vinyl club antler wings by ancestors US $2.50 [0 bids]
Neville, Ivan If My Ancestors Could See Me Now CD US $6.60 Buy It Now 2 days
All Our Ancestors by Tuu (CD album 1994 Beyond Records Electronic Ambient Tribal US $0.99 [0 bids]
IVAN NEVILLE-IF MY ANCESTORS COULD SEE ME NOW soul LP US $4.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Rubbadubb(12" Vinyl P/S)Tribute To Our Ancestors-East West---Ex/New (UNPLAYED) US $24.30 Buy It Now 2 days
Ivan Neville Promo LP 1988 If my ancestors could see me ( VG ++ ) US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
TAUMBU INTERNATIONAL ENSEMBLE SONG OF THE ANCESTORS BRAND NEW-SEALED CASSETTE US $7.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Willie Charles Gray - My Ancestors - Rare 1967 SOUL PROMO PRESS 7" VG SSS 725 US $11.33 Buy It Now 2 days
Randy Weston, Spirits of Our Ancestors Audio CD US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Sheila Chandra : Weaving My Ancestors Voices CD (1993) US $4.34 Buy It Now 2 days
ANCESTORS - NEPTUNE WITH FIRE [SLIPCASE] - NEW CD US $8.80 Buy It Now 2 days
A Voice Spirit of The Ancestors -- NEW CD Taiwan US $34.95 Buy It Now 3 days
IVAN NEVILLE If My Ancestors CASSETTE US $12.00 Buy It Now 3 days
3 cd singles: Destiny's Child = Survivor + Jocasta + Tribute To Our Ancestors US $1.62 [0 bids]
All Our Ancestors - Tuu 05466641 US $12.57 Buy It Now 3 days
Such As I Am - Ashes of Our Ancestors [2006] US $0.99 [0 bids]
Weaving My Ancestors' Voices by Sheila Chandra (CD, Sep-1998, RealWorld/CEMA) US $4.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Kings of Tomorrow - Ancestors 12" Vinyl TEST PRESSING DVR02 Treasa Fennie US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
RENEE ROSNES**ANCESTORS**CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 4 days
ANCESTORS-II Youth Attack Black Metal US $15.00 [0 bids]
ANCESTORS EVP Recorder Youth Attack US $80.00 [0 bids]
Ivan Neville CD ~ 'If My Ancestors Could See Me Now' ~1988 ,Iguana/A US $4.99 [0 bids]
IVAN NEVILLE: If My Ancestors Could See Me Now US $8.00 Buy It Now 4 days
ANCESTORS - INVISIBLE WHITE NEW VINYL US $22.38 Buy It Now 4 days
Renee Rosnes - Ancestors (CD 1996) US $8.04 Buy It Now 4 days
CD: Spirits of the Ancestors (1993) US $3.16 [0 bids]
LISA PERTILLAR BREVARD, IN PRAISE OF ANCESTORS US $3.00 Buy It Now 4 days
WEAVING MY ANCESTORS VOICES (GOLD REI BY CHANDRA,SHEILA (CD) US $19.90 Buy It Now 5 days
Weaving My Ancestors' Voices by Sheila Chandra (CD, Sep-1998, RealWorld/CEMA) US $8.50 [0 bids]
MANDALABAND-III BC-ANCESTORS-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD G35 US $30.50 Buy It Now 5 days
Ancestors - Invisible White LP Vinyl Record US $21.58 Buy It Now 5 days
Ancestors - Invisible White [Vinyl New] US $17.28 Buy It Now 5 days
BIG BLACK - MESSAGE TO OUR ANCESTORS - UNI LP US $16.99 Buy It Now 5 days
KLEZ-EDGE - ANCESTORS, MINDRELES, NAGILA MONSTERS - NEW CD US $12.75 Buy It Now 5 days
IVAN NEVILLE IF MY ANCESTORS COULD SEE ME NOW ( 1988 VINYL LP ) US $4.85 Buy It Now 5 days
Chartwell Dutiro : Voices of Ancestors CD (2001) US $13.37 Buy It Now 5 days
Sheila Chandra - Weaving My Ancestors' Voices [CD New] US $13.10 Buy It Now 5 days
Woddrea Mylenstede "Raw Rehearsals" Tape Sump Skullflower Vetala Ancestors Haxan US $3.99 [0 bids]
SHEILA CHANDRA - WEAVING MY ANCESTORS VOICES (GOLD) (REISSUE) NEW CD US $18.06 Buy It Now 5 days
Spirits Of The Ancestors - Rare New Sealed Cassette US $24.50 Buy It Now 5 days
Ancestors by Renee Rosnes (CD, Apr-1996, Blue Note (Label)) US $10.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Sayat-Nova: Songs of My Ancestors by Armen Donelian *New CD* US $12.65 Buy It Now 5 days
ARIYA ASTROBEAT ARKESTRA - FUTURE ANCESTORS / GET ON THE FLOOR 7" US $8.75 Buy It Now 5 days
TUU - ALL OUR ANCESTORS NEW CD US $20.93 Buy It Now 6 days
Isiphiwo Samadlozi Gift of the Ancestors II CD Joe Hlupheka Bayana Autographed 2 US $23.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Chrissy Zebby & Ngozi Family Tembo - My Ancestors CD US $19.11 Buy It Now 6 days
WHITE VISITATION - Ancestors - 12" US $18.40 Buy It Now 6 days
Ancestors - Invisible White EP (NEW CD) US $19.84 Buy It Now 6 days
Sump "Live In Yorkshire" Tape White Medal Vetala Ancestors Armatus Bone Awl MGLA US $4.99 [0 bids]
Tuu - All Our Ancestors [CD New] US $14.04 Buy It Now 6 days
Mandalaband Iii - Bc-Ancestors [CD New] US $20.84 Buy It Now 6 days
If My Ancestors Could See Me Now by Ivan Neville Polydor 1988 Original Print US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Transglobal Underground Backpacking On The Graves Of Our Ancestors (1991 - 1998) US $16.20 Buy It Now 6 days
VOICE OF THE ANCESTORS: KARAKALPAKISTAN - NEW CD US $12.28 Buy It Now 6 days
ANCESTORS (L.A.) - IN DREAMS AND TIME [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $10.10 Buy It Now 7 days
V/A Ancestors Of Rap 2x LP+7" NEW VINYL Tramp James Brown Blowfly Butterball US $34.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Tuu - All Our Ancestors CD Pop New Age Meditation US $18.29 Buy It Now 7 days
Gary Richard : Spirits of the Ancestors CD (1995) US $9.98 Buy It Now 7 days
And Ancestors Still Remain - Lutece: New Audio CD US $13.37 Buy It Now 7 days
Rubbadubb-Tribute to Our Ancestors CD Single New US $6.32 Buy It Now 7 days
Ancestors - In Dreams & And Time (NEW CD) US $19.84 Buy It Now 7 days
Various - Ancestors Of Rap 2xLP + 7" Tramp TRLP-9019 US $48.55 Buy It Now 7 days
Solomon Islands: Cry of the Ancestors, New Music US $12.29 Buy It Now 7 days
Song for My Ancestors by Lisa Thiel *New CD* US $20.01 Buy It Now 8 days
Sheila Chandra - Weaving My Ancestors Voices CD US $16.19 Buy It Now 8 days
PA-6 Spirits of the Ancestors by Gary Richard (CD, Dec-1998, North Sound) US $15.99 Buy It Now 8 days
ROYAL HARTIGAN ENSEM - ANCESTORS * - NEW CD BOXSET US $15.15 Buy It Now 8 days
Ancestors Of Rap [Vinyl New] US $32.98 Buy It Now 8 days
Ancestors: Invisible White EP CD 2011 Tee Pee Records TPE 128-2 Digipak NEW US $9.95 Buy It Now 8 days
Ancestors: Of Sound Mind CD 2009 Tee Pee Records TPE 109 Digipak NEW US $11.95 Buy It Now 8 days
VG+ MESSAGE TO OUR ANCESTORS INTRODUCING BIG BLACK LP UNIVERSAL RECORDS 73012 US $9.98 Buy It Now 9 days
Sheila Chandra - Weaving My Ancestors Voi (1998) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 9 days
Sayat Nova:songs Of My Ancestors - Donelian,Armen US $15.34 Buy It Now 9 days
Ancestors Eyes Leask, David MUSIC CD US $18.81 Buy It Now 9 days
Ancestors are Amongst Us - Kahil's Ri El'zabar New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Sh US $18.58 Buy It Now 9 days
CHRISSY ZEBBY TEMBO - MY ANCESTORS - NEW CD US $14.82 Buy It Now 9 days
Armen Donelian - Sayat-Nova: Songs Of My Ancestors [CD New] US $16.91 Buy It Now 9 days
RARE Debut CD+BonusTrack MINT! Chthonic 1999 Where The Ancestors' Souls Gathered US $150.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Ancestors of Rap - V/A New & Sealed LP Free Shipping US $37.78 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy ANCESTORS music online Buy ANCESTORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANCESTORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANCESTORS Neptune with Fire ratings distribution

ANCESTORS Neptune with Fire reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars "Neptune with Fire" is the debut full-length studio album by US, Los Angeles, California based stoner metal act Ancestors. The album was released through North Atlantic Sound in February 2008.

The music on the album is predominantly instrumental/jamming stoner metal. There are vocals featured on the album (and some pretty great ones I might add) but the music is mostly instrumental. "Neptune with Fire" features only two tracks, but both tracks are more than 15 minutes long to make the albumīs playing time 38:40 minutes. In addition to guitars, bass, drums and vocals there are two keyboard players in the lineup playing organ, various keyboards and electronics. Itīs all very tastefully delivered and the album features a very organic sound and a pleasant earthy atmosphere. Because of the very long playing times, the two songs have a lot of time to develop, but while both tracks go through a couple of transitions during the playing time, there are actually very few sections in each song. Most sections go on for a long time, while solos are being played. So if you enjoy laid back and pleasant sounding jamming stoner metal "Neptune with Fire" is definitely recommendable.

Upon conclusion "Neptune with Fire" is a pretty strong release with great musicianship and a warm organic production, but the songwriting could have been a bit more focused if you ask me. My attention has a tendency to wander when the solos (which are well played but not flashy or especially adventurous) just go on and on and on. Fans of the genre might appreciate the jamming element more than I do though. A 3 star (60%) rating is warranted.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#389616) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 29, 2011

Post a review of ANCESTORS "Neptune with Fire"