NEPTUNE WITH FIRE

Ancestors Neptune with Fire album cover

Buy ANCESTORS Music
Studio Album, released in 2008

1. Orcus Avarice (16:46)
2. Neptune with Fire (21:38)

Search ANCESTORS Neptune with Fire lyrics

Search ANCESTORS Neptune with Fire tabs

- Justin Maranga / guitar, vocals
- Nick Long / bass, vocals
- Brandon Pierce / drums
- Chico Foley / electronics, keyboards, vocals
- J. Christopher Watkins / organ, vocals

CD North Atlantic Sound (2008)

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition
and to LiquidEternity for the last updates

ANCESTORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANCESTORS Neptune with Fire Music

Invisible WhiteInvisible White
Tee Pee 2011
Vinyl$11.83
CUBAN DANZON: ITS ANCESTORS & DESCENDENTS - NEW CD US $15.57 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Lutece - And Ancestors Still Remain (CD 2007) NEW/SEALED US $3.30 Buy It Now 7h 51m
Lou Rawls My Ancestors/Evil Woman 45 RPM Capitol Records VG+ US $7.00 Buy It Now 9h 56m
Ancestors - In Dreams And Time NEW CD US $16.76 Buy It Now 9h 58m
Soul Promo 45 LOU RAWLS My Ancestors on Capitol (promo) US $5.00 Buy It Now 10h
If My Ancestors Could See Me Now by Ivan Neville CD 1988 Polygram US $7.99 [0 bids]
In Honor of the Ancestors - CD with Harp, Alto Recorder & Native American Flute US $11.50 [0 bids]
David Leask : Ancestors Eyes CD (2003) US $10.00 Buy It Now 16h 29m
Cuban Danzon: Its Ancestors & Descendents CD US $14.93 Buy It Now 23h 4m
CHANDRA SHEILA - WEAVING MY ANCESTORS` VOICES - CDRWG24 US $14.70 Buy It Now 1 day
ANCESTORS BLOOD - "A Dark Passage from the Past" cd (KADOTUS, THY SERPENT) new US $9.12 [0 bids]
Ancestors - In Dreams & Time - TPE901392 US $17.89 Buy It Now 1 day
Ancestors - Invisible White - TPE901282 US $17.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Ancestors - Neptune With Fire - TPE721012 US $19.91 Buy It Now 1 day
Ancestors - Of Sound Mind - TPE901092 US $20.08 Buy It Now 1 day
LOU RAWLS - MY ANCESTORS - 7" VINYL - CAPITOL GREEN & WHITE LABEL DEMO US $8.30 [0 bids]
Ancestors - Neptune With Fire [Vinyl New] US $18.93 Buy It Now 1 day
Ivan Neville CD ~ 'If My Ancestors Could See Me Now' ~1988 ,Iguana/A US $4.99 [0 bids]
ANCESTORS - NEPTUNE WITH FIRE NEW VINYL US $23.06 Buy It Now 1 day
Baomi; Modirzadeh, Hafez; R...-Royal Hartigan ; Ancestors CD NEW US $19.43 Buy It Now 1 day
STONE JACK JONES: Ancestors LP (w/ download) Rock & Pop US $16.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Chrissy Zebby Tembo & Ngozi Family My Ancestors LP EX US $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SHEILA CHANDRA Weaving My Ancestors' Voice CD US $13.98 Buy It Now 1 day
CD: RENEE ROSNES - Ancestors US $4.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Cuban Danzon: Its Ancestors & Descendents [CD New] US $14.92 Buy It Now 2 days
CD: Spirits of the Ancestors (1993) US $3.24 [0 bids]
CUBAN DANZON: ANCESTORS / VAR NEW CD US $24.30 Buy It Now 2 days
Sheila Chandra : Weaving my ancestors voices CD US $8.64 Buy It Now 2 days
Throw Me The Statue Ancestors PROMO CD Single US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
STONE GROVE Calling Back the Ancestors JAPAN ONLY CD OBI PCCY-00822 Working Week US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ANCESTORS-NEPTUNE WITH FIRE VINYL LP NEW US $18.96 Buy It Now 2 days
VARIOUS - Early Rappers: Hipper Than Hop The Ancestors Of Rap - unmixed CD US $28.23 Buy It Now 2 days
Ancestors - Neptune With Fire Vinyl Record LP US $19.72 Buy It Now 3 days
Ancestors - In Dreams & Time [CD New] US $10.49 Buy It Now 3 days
VARIOUS - Early Rappers: Hipper Than Hop - The Ancestors Of Rap - 2xLP US $46.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Woddrea Mylenstede "Raw Rehearsals" Tape Sump Skullflower Vetala Ancestors Haxan US $3.99 [0 bids]
PAGAN LAND Shadows Of Forgotten Ancestors | TINI ZABUTYH PREDKOV Carpathia (CD) US $12.30 Buy It Now 3 days
Neptune with Fire [Slipcase] by Ancestors (L.A.) (CD, Mar-2008, North... US $2.99 [0 bids]
RARE MONO Afro Jazz LP BIG BLACK Message To Our Ancestors UNI VG+ SHRINK US $23.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Sump "Live In Yorkshire" Tape White Medal Vetala Ancestors Armatus Bone Awl MGLA US $4.99 [0 bids]
Heathen Fury "Demo" Tape White Medal Sump Vetala Graveland Bone Awl Ancestors US $4.99 [0 bids]
Ill-Tolerance "Prospects Of Terror" Tape Ives Ancestors Bone Awl Archgoat Horna US $3.99 [0 bids]
ANCESTORS - IN DREAMS & TIME NEW CD US $18.17 Buy It Now 3 days
My Ancestors by Chrissy Zebby Tembo & Ngozi Family (CD, Mar-2013, QDK Media) US $11.77 Buy It Now 3 days
If My Ancestors Could See Me Now by Ivan Neville (CD, 1988, Polygram) US $41.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Radio Moscow S/T 7" earthless kadavar joy ancestors Volcom Ent. BLUE VINYL / NEW US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Akemi Iwase CD - Lotus Garden For My Ancestors & My Children - Moon Blossom US $15.55 Buy It Now 3 days
Spirits of the Ancestors US $4.09 Buy It Now 4 days
Kings of Tomorrow - Ancestors 12" Vinyl TEST PRESSING DVR02 Treasa Fennie US $9.99 [0 bids]
Chrissy Zebby & Ngozi Family Tembo - My Ancestors [CD New] US $14.73 Buy It Now 4 days
TEMBO & NGOZI FAMILY & CHRISSY ZEBBY - MY ANCESTORS NEW CD US $23.14 Buy It Now 4 days
Ancestors - In Death 7" EP Youth Attack Hoax The Ropes Boston Strangler Code Ora US $12.46 [0 bids]
3 cd singles: Destiny's Child = Survivor + Jocasta + Tribute To Our Ancestors US $1.66 [0 bids]
Neville, Ivan If My Ancestors Could See Me Now CD US $6.60 Buy It Now 4 days
Willie Charles Gray - My Ancestors - Rare 1967 SOUL PROMO PRESS 7" VG SSS 725 US $8.29 [0 bids]
IVAN NEVILLE-IF MY ANCESTORS COULD SEE ME NOW soul LP US $4.98 Buy It Now 5 days
Rubbadubb(12" Vinyl P/S)Tribute To Our Ancestors-East West---Ex/New (UNPLAYED) US $24.89 Buy It Now 5 days
Ivan Neville Promo LP 1988 If my ancestors could see me ( VG ++ ) US $5.00 Buy It Now 5 days
TAUMBU INTERNATIONAL ENSEMBLE SONG OF THE ANCESTORS BRAND NEW-SEALED CASSETTE US $7.49 Buy It Now 5 days
ANCESTORS - NEPTUNE WITH FIRE [SLIPCASE] - NEW CD US $12.02 Buy It Now 5 days
Randy Weston, Spirits of Our Ancestors Audio CD US $32.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Sheila Chandra : Weaving My Ancestors Voices CD (1993) US $4.34 Buy It Now 5 days
A Voice Spirit of The Ancestors -- NEW CD Taiwan US $34.95 Buy It Now 5 days
IVAN NEVILLE If My Ancestors CASSETTE US $12.00 Buy It Now 5 days
TUU , Audio CD, All Our Ancestors US $9.03 Buy It Now 5 days
IVAN NEVILLE: IF MY ANCESTORS COULD SEE ME NOW! LP US $15.33 Buy It Now 5 days
All Our Ancestors - Tuu 05466641 US $12.57 Buy It Now 6 days
Weaving My Ancestors' Voices by Sheila Chandra (CD, Sep-1998, RealWorld/CEMA) US $4.50 Buy It Now 6 days
ARIYA ASTROBEAT ARKESTRA - FUTURE ANCESTORS / GET ON THE FLOOR 7" US $9.35 Buy It Now 6 days
If My Ancestors Could See Me Now by Ivan Neville (Cassette, Sep-1995, Iguana ... US $5.99 [0 bids]
IVAN NEVILLE debut CD If my ANCESTORS could SEE ME NOW Not Just Another Girl US $44.99 Buy It Now 6 days
POLY-834896- NEVILLE, IVAN If My Ancestors Could See Me OOP 12" Vinyl Record US $8.99 Buy It Now 6 days
RENEE ROSNES**ANCESTORS**CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 6 days
IVAN NEVILLE: If My Ancestors Could See Me Now US $8.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Weaving My Ancestors Voices by Chandra, Sheila US $9.87 Buy It Now 7 days
Weaving My Ancestors' Voices by Sheila Chandra (CD, Sep-1998, RealWorld/CEMA) US $8.50 [0 bids]
ANCESTORS - INVISIBLE WHITE NEW VINYL US $23.92 Buy It Now 7 days
Renee Rosnes - Ancestors (CD 1996) US $8.29 Buy It Now 7 days
LISA PERTILLAR BREVARD, IN PRAISE OF ANCESTORS US $3.00 Buy It Now 7 days
WEAVING MY ANCESTORS VOICES (GOLD REI BY CHANDRA,SHEILA (CD) US $19.90 Buy It Now 7 days
Avery Sharpe - Extended Family II-Thoughts of My Ancestors USA Shipping Included US $3.97 Buy It Now 7 days
BIG BLACK - MESSAGE TO OUR ANCESTORS - UNI LP US $16.99 Buy It Now 7 days
MANDALABAND-III BC-ANCESTORS-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD G35 US $32.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Ancestors - Invisible White LP Vinyl Record US $21.58 Buy It Now 8 days
Ancestors - In Dreams & Time LP Vinyl Record US $27.27 Buy It Now 8 days
Ancestors - Invisible White [Vinyl New] US $17.28 Buy It Now 8 days
Mario Pavone - Ancestors-Double Tenor Quintet [CD New] US $13.26 Buy It Now 8 days
KLEZ-EDGE - ANCESTORS, MINDRELES, NAGILA MONSTERS - NEW CD US $33.58 Buy It Now 8 days
IVAN NEVILLE IF MY ANCESTORS COULD SEE ME NOW ( 1988 VINYL LP ) US $4.97 Buy It Now 8 days
Sheila Chandra - Weaving My Ancestors' Voices [CD New] US $12.71 Buy It Now 8 days
SHEILA CHANDRA - WEAVING MY ANCESTORS VOICES (GOLD) (REISSUE) NEW CD US $19.30 Buy It Now 8 days
Spirits Of The Ancestors - Rare New Sealed Cassette US $24.50 Buy It Now 8 days
Ancestors by Renee Rosnes (CD, Apr-1996, Blue Note (Label)) US $10.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Sayat-Nova: Songs of My Ancestors [Digipak] by Armen Donelian (CD, Apr-2014,... US $12.97 Buy It Now 8 days
MARIO PAVONE - ANCESTORS: DOUBLE TENOR QUINTET NEW CD US $19.71 Buy It Now 8 days
Vtg. IVAN NEVILLE IF MY ANCESTORS COULD SEE ME NOW Vinyl Record LP - Promo - VG US $6.38 Buy It Now 8 days
TUU - ALL OUR ANCESTORS NEW CD US $22.37 Buy It Now 8 days
Isiphiwo Samadlozi Gift of the Ancestors II CD Joe Hlupheka Bayana Autographed 2 US $23.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Chrissy Zebby & Ngozi Family Tembo - My Ancestors CD US $19.11 Buy It Now 9 days
WHITE VISITATION - Ancestors - 12" US $18.85 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy ANCESTORS music online Buy ANCESTORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANCESTORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANCESTORS Neptune with Fire ratings distribution

ANCESTORS Neptune with Fire reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars "Neptune with Fire" is the debut full-length studio album by US, Los Angeles, California based stoner metal act Ancestors. The album was released through North Atlantic Sound in February 2008.

The music on the album is predominantly instrumental/jamming stoner metal. There are vocals featured on the album (and some pretty great ones I might add) but the music is mostly instrumental. "Neptune with Fire" features only two tracks, but both tracks are more than 15 minutes long to make the albumīs playing time 38:40 minutes. In addition to guitars, bass, drums and vocals there are two keyboard players in the lineup playing organ, various keyboards and electronics. Itīs all very tastefully delivered and the album features a very organic sound and a pleasant earthy atmosphere. Because of the very long playing times, the two songs have a lot of time to develop, but while both tracks go through a couple of transitions during the playing time, there are actually very few sections in each song. Most sections go on for a long time, while solos are being played. So if you enjoy laid back and pleasant sounding jamming stoner metal "Neptune with Fire" is definitely recommendable.

Upon conclusion "Neptune with Fire" is a pretty strong release with great musicianship and a warm organic production, but the songwriting could have been a bit more focused if you ask me. My attention has a tendency to wander when the solos (which are well played but not flashy or especially adventurous) just go on and on and on. Fans of the genre might appreciate the jamming element more than I do though. A 3 star (60%) rating is warranted.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#389616) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 29, 2011

Post a review of ANCESTORS "Neptune with Fire"