NEPTUNE WITH FIRE

Ancestors Neptune with Fire album cover

Buy ANCESTORS Music
Studio Album, released in 2008

1. Orcus Avarice (16:46)
2. Neptune with Fire (21:38)

Search ANCESTORS Neptune with Fire lyrics

Search ANCESTORS Neptune with Fire tabs

- Justin Maranga / guitar, vocals
- Nick Long / bass, vocals
- Brandon Pierce / drums
- Chico Foley / electronics, keyboards, vocals
- J. Christopher Watkins / organ, vocals

CD North Atlantic Sound (2008)

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition
and to LiquidEternity for the last updates

ANCESTORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANCESTORS Neptune with Fire Music

Invisible WhiteInvisible White
Tee Pee 2011
Neptune With FireNeptune With Fire
North Atlantic Sound 2008
In Dreams & Time by Ancestors (2012) Audio CDIn Dreams & Time by Ancestors (2012) Audio CD
Tee Pee Records
HALLOW Hallow Soundtrack 2LP mark mccoy black noise/blackened hardcore ancestors US $24.99 Buy It Now 31m 48s
IVAN NEVILLE - THANKS / IF MY ANCESTORS COULD SEE ME NOW (2 x CD) NEW US $5.03 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Ancestors Invisible White 12" EP sealed Mint free digital download US $16.99 Buy It Now 4h 49m
Nigel Shaw - Ancestors Cd 2003. Beautiful tribal chant/flute music from UK. US $26.00 Buy It Now 7h 5m
ANCESTORS OF RAP / VARIOUS (UK) NEW CD US $29.39 Buy It Now 10h 2m
CHRISSY ZEBBY TEMBO - MY ANCESTORS - NEW CD US $13.67 Buy It Now 11h 41m
KAHIL EL'ZABAR - THE ANCESTORS ARE AMONGST US - NEW CD US $11.71 Buy It Now 11h 53m
Who do you think you are? Surrey Ancestors (BBC) US $3.39 Buy It Now 12h 31m
Who do you think you are? Ess** ancestors US $3.39 Buy It Now 12h 33m
Who do you think you are? Oxfordshire ancestors US $3.39 Buy It Now 12h 34m
Backpacking on the Graves of Our Ancestors: 1991-1998 US $20.28 Buy It Now 14h 38m
LOUIS MOHOLO-MOHOLO/ - ANCESTORS [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $16.21 Buy It Now 16h 55m
Vtg. IVAN NEVILLE IF MY ANCESTORS COULD SEE ME NOW Vinyl Record LP - Promo - VG US $6.80 Buy It Now 22h 23m
ANCESTORS III LP new white vinyl US $9.50 [0 bids]
Message to our Ancestors Introducing Big Black LP Vinyl record African music US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
POLY-834896- NEVILLE, IVAN If My Ancestors Could See Me OOP 12" Vinyl Record US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ivan Neville If My Ancestors Could See Me Now West German CD US $15.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Kahil ElZabars Ritual Trio - Ancestors Are Amongst Us CD US $14.72 Buy It Now 1 day
Chrissy Zebby & Ngozi Family Tembo - My Ancestors CD US $19.11 Buy It Now 1 day
ANCESTORS BLOOD When the Forest Calls CD new US $7.99 [0 bids]
ANCESTORS BLOOD A Dark Passage From the Past CD new black metal US $7.99 [0 bids]
CYNTHIA - IN SPIRIT OF OUR ANCESTORS-CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Ivan Neville - If My Ancestors... - Rock LP SEALED US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
"The Spirits Of Our Ancestors" Randy Weston, Modern Jazz,Double CD,Import, 1992 US $41.95 Buy It Now 1 day
ANCESTORS: Invisible White 12 (w/ free digital download) Rock & Pop US $14.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Spirits Of The Ancestors (1993), Gary Richard & Richard Hooper - cassette US $0.79 [0 bids]
My Ancestors by Chrissy Zebby Tembo & Ngozi Family (CD, Mar-2013, QDK Media) US $8.00 [0 bids]
1992 SHEILA CHANDRA Weaving My Ancestors Voices CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Spirits of Our Ancestors by Randy Weston (CD, Mar-1992, 2 Discs, Antilles) US $42.99 Buy It Now 2 days
YY CD ALBUM..TRANSGLOBAL UNDERGROUND.BACKPACKING ON THE GRAVES OF OUR ANCESTORS US $18.73 Buy It Now 2 days
Ancestors Blood - Return of the Ancient Ones CD 2013 repress atmospheric pagan US $13.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Who do you think you are? Northamtonshire ancestors- (BBC) US $3.39 Buy It Now 2 days
ANCESTORS - OF SOUND MIND [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $8.49 Buy It Now 2 days
CD: My Ancestors - Tembo, Chrissy Zebby & Ngozi Family - Sealed US $27.12 Buy It Now 2 days
Spirits of the Ancestors by Gary Richard US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ivan Neville CD ~ 'If My Ancestors Could See Me Now' ~1988 ,Iguana/A US $4.99 [0 bids]
ANCESTORS - OF SOUND MIND NEW VINYL US $31.32 Buy It Now 2 days
SHEILA CHANDRA**WEAVING MY ANCESTORS VOICES**CD US $10.14 Buy It Now 2 days
IVAN NEVILLE if my ancestors could see me now LP Record SEALED 1988 US $22.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Ancestors [Digipak] by Louis Moholo-Moholo/Wadada Leo Smith (CD, 2012, TUM... US $16.25 Buy It Now 3 days
Neptune with Fire [Slipcase] by Ancestors (L.A.) (CD, Mar-2008, North... US $9.04 Buy It Now 3 days
IVAN NEVILLE if my ancestors could see me now LP Mint- 834 896-1 DMM Audiophile US $11.00 Buy It Now 3 days
My Ancestors by Chrissy Zebby Tembo & Ngozi Family (CD, Mar-2013, QDK Media) US $13.69 Buy It Now 3 days
Ancestors Of Rap [CD New] US $23.99 Buy It Now 3 days
NARASIRATO PAN PIPER - SOLOMON ISLANDS: CRY OF THE ANCESTORS * - NEW CD US $9.46 Buy It Now 3 days
ANCESTORS - INVISIBLE WHITE NEW CD US $16.30 Buy It Now 3 days
HUNOK ANCESTORS BLOOD split CD new sealed US $5.00 [0 bids]
Ancestors - Of Sound Mind [Vinyl New] US $22.30 Buy It Now 3 days
Ancestors - Invisible White [CD New] US $9.68 Buy It Now 3 days
Ancestors Of Rap [Vinyl New] US $32.98 Buy It Now 3 days
CHRISSY ZEBBY TEMBO & NGOZI FAMILY: My Ancestors LP (Germany, 180 gram reissue) US $45.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Message To Our Ancestors / BIG BLACK / UNI 73012 / AFRO JAZZ FUNK / Stereo / EX+ US $29.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Sheila Chandra, Weaving My Ancestors Voices Audio CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Royal Hartigan - Ancestors [CD New] US $19.12 Buy It Now 4 days
Ancestors Of Rap CD US $24.13 Buy It Now 4 days
Royal Hartigan - Ancestors CD US $25.43 Buy It Now 4 days
Ancestors - Invisible White CD US $13.74 Buy It Now 4 days
Ancestors - In Dreams & Time CD US $14.65 Buy It Now 4 days
Mandalaband Iii - Bc-Ancestors CD US $20.85 Buy It Now 4 days
FREE 2for1 OFFER-IVAN NEVILLE-If My Ancestors Could See Me Now-Polydor ?- 834 89 US $10.98 Buy It Now 4 days
ROYAL ENSEMBLE HARTIGAN - ANCESTORS NEW CD US $30.15 Buy It Now 4 days
MANDALABAND-III BC-ANCESTORS-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD G35 US $32.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Woddrea Mylenstede "Raw Rehearsals" Tape Sump Skullflower Vetala Ancestors Haxan US $3.99 [0 bids]
ARMEN DONELIAN**SAYAT-NOVA: SONGS OF MY ANCESTORS**2 CD SET US $16.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Ancestors - Of Sound Mind Vinyl Record LP US $27.75 Buy It Now 5 days
KLEZ-EDGE Ancestors Mindreles Nagila CD TZADIK NEW US $12.49 Buy It Now 5 days
ANCESTORS - Of Sound Mind - RARE 8 Track CD Advance '09 US $6.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Astrofaes - Ancestors' Shadows US $14.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Dakota Sunrise - Used CD RARE Soundtrack The Ancestors Keith Heartly Drek D. US $50.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Sump "Live In Yorkshire" Tape White Medal Vetala Ancestors Armatus Bone Awl MGLA US $4.99 [0 bids]
Heathen Fury "Demo" Tape White Medal Sump Vetala Graveland Bone Awl Ancestors US $4.99 [0 bids]
Ill-Tolerance "Prospects Of Terror" Tape Ives Ancestors Bone Awl Archgoat Horna US $3.99 [0 bids]
TUU - ALL OUR ANCESTORS - NEW CD US $10.26 Buy It Now 6 days
ETERNAL SUN 6/8 DRUMZ a tribute to all ancestors 12" RECORD DJ US $7.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Ancestors Of Rap Various LP Vinyl Record US $36.91 Buy It Now 6 days
ANCESTORS BLOOD - When the Forest Calls LP ( Kadotus - Grimsvötn - Demon Child ) US $22.00 Buy It Now 6 days
MANDALABAND III - BC-ANCESTORS (UK) NEW CD US $25.54 Buy It Now 6 days
WILLIE CHARLES GRAY: My Ancestors / Same (soul 45) US $15.00 Buy It Now 6 days
CUBAN DANZON: ANCESTORS / VAR NEW CD US $24.40 Buy It Now 6 days
African Sunrise: Selections from "The Spirits of Our Ancestors by Randy Weston  US $7.50 Buy It Now 6 days
Whirr Pipe Dreams CD earthless ancestors Whirl / Tee Pee Records / CLEAN!! US $8.99 Buy It Now 7 days
W.E.S. Group Ancestors CD US $15.00 Buy It Now 7 days
CUBAN DANZON: ITS ANCESTORS & DESCENDENTS - NEW CD US $14.26 Buy It Now 7 days
Weaving My Ancestors' Voices by Sheila Chandra CD US $1.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Lutece - And Ancestors Still Remain (CD 2007) NEW/SEALED US $5.03 Buy It Now 7 days
Lou Rawls My Ancestors/Evil Woman 45 RPM Capitol Records VG+ US $7.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Ancestors - In Dreams And Time NEW CD US $17.21 Buy It Now 7 days
Soul Promo 45 LOU RAWLS My Ancestors on Capitol (promo) US $5.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Song for My Ancestors Lisa Thiel & Ani Williams Celtic New Age FLAWLESS RARE CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
David Leask : Ancestors Eyes CD (2003) US $10.00 Buy It Now 8 days
The Ancestors Brigadoon CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Cuban Danzon: Its Ancestors & Descendents CD US $20.43 Buy It Now 8 days
CHANDRA SHEILA - WEAVING MY ANCESTORS` VOICES - CDRWG24 US $13.95 Buy It Now 8 days
Ancestors - In Dreams & Time - TPE901392 US $17.98 Buy It Now 8 days
Ancestors - Invisible White - TPE901282 US $17.98 Buy It Now 8 days
Ancestors - Neptune With Fire - TPE721012 US $19.77 Buy It Now 8 days
Ancestors - Of Sound Mind - TPE901092 US $19.77 Buy It Now 8 days
Ancestors - Neptune With Fire [Vinyl New] US $18.13 Buy It Now 8 days
ANCESTORS - NEPTUNE WITH FIRE NEW VINYL US $23.16 Buy It Now 8 days
Baomi; Modirzadeh, Hafez; R...-Royal Hartigan ; Ancestors CD NEW US $19.43 Buy It Now 8 days

More places to buy ANCESTORS music online Buy ANCESTORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANCESTORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANCESTORS Neptune with Fire ratings distribution

ANCESTORS Neptune with Fire reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars "Neptune with Fire" is the debut full-length studio album by US, Los Angeles, California based stoner metal act Ancestors. The album was released through North Atlantic Sound in February 2008.

The music on the album is predominantly instrumental/jamming stoner metal. There are vocals featured on the album (and some pretty great ones I might add) but the music is mostly instrumental. "Neptune with Fire" features only two tracks, but both tracks are more than 15 minutes long to make the album´s playing time 38:40 minutes. In addition to guitars, bass, drums and vocals there are two keyboard players in the lineup playing organ, various keyboards and electronics. It´s all very tastefully delivered and the album features a very organic sound and a pleasant earthy atmosphere. Because of the very long playing times, the two songs have a lot of time to develop, but while both tracks go through a couple of transitions during the playing time, there are actually very few sections in each song. Most sections go on for a long time, while solos are being played. So if you enjoy laid back and pleasant sounding jamming stoner metal "Neptune with Fire" is definitely recommendable.

Upon conclusion "Neptune with Fire" is a pretty strong release with great musicianship and a warm organic production, but the songwriting could have been a bit more focused if you ask me. My attention has a tendency to wander when the solos (which are well played but not flashy or especially adventurous) just go on and on and on. Fans of the genre might appreciate the jamming element more than I do though. A 3 star (60%) rating is warranted.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#389616) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 29, 2011

Post a review of ANCESTORS "Neptune with Fire"