NEPTUNE WITH FIRE

Ancestors Neptune with Fire album cover

Buy ANCESTORS Music
Studio Album, released in 2008

1. Orcus Avarice (16:46)
2. Neptune with Fire (21:38)

Search ANCESTORS Neptune with Fire lyrics

Search ANCESTORS Neptune with Fire tabs

- Justin Maranga / guitar, vocals
- Nick Long / bass, vocals
- Brandon Pierce / drums
- Chico Foley / electronics, keyboards, vocals
- J. Christopher Watkins / organ, vocals

CD North Atlantic Sound (2008)

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition
and to LiquidEternity for the last updates

ANCESTORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANCESTORS Neptune with Fire Music

Tee Pee 2011
Vinyl$11.77
Neptune With FireNeptune With Fire
North Atlantic Sound 2008
NARASIRATO PAN PIPER - SOLOMON ISLANDS: CRY OF THE ANCESTORS * - NEW CD US $11.30 Buy It Now 8h 39m
ANCESTORS - INVISIBLE WHITE NEW CD US $15.21 Buy It Now 10h 36m
Ivan Neville CD ~ 'If My Ancestors Could See Me Now' ~1988 ,Iguana/A US $0.79 [0 bids]
Message to our Ancestors Introducing Big Black LP Vinyl record African music US $24.99 Buy It Now 12h 15m
Ancestors - Invisible White [CD New] US $9.94 Buy It Now 15h 16m
LOUIS MOHOLO-MOHOLO/ - ANCESTORS [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $16.22 Buy It Now 16h 32m
Korea: Jongmyo Jeryeak (Ritual Music For the Royal Ancestors) by Court Music... US $17.06 Buy It Now 16h 54m
RENEE ROSNES Ancestors 1996 CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 20h 22m
Sheila Chandra, Weaving My Ancestors Voices Audio CD US $6.64 Buy It Now 22h 33m
Kahil ElZabars Ritual Trio - Ancestors Are Amongst Us CD US $14.72 Buy It Now 1 day
Royal Hartigan - Ancestors [CD New] US $18.13 Buy It Now 1 day
Ancestors Of Rap CD US $24.13 Buy It Now 1 day
Royal Hartigan - Ancestors CD US $25.43 Buy It Now 1 day
Ancestors - Invisible White CD US $13.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Mandalaband Iii - Bc-Ancestors CD US $20.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Sheila Chandra -Weaving My Ancestors' Voices CD (1992) - RealWorld Records US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ROYAL ENSEMBLE HARTIGAN - ANCESTORS NEW CD US $28.14 Buy It Now 1 day
Rubbadubb - Tribute To Our Ancestors - UK CD Single US $7.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Spirits of the Ancestors - CD Slavic folk metal: between paganism and folklore. US $4.49 [0 bids]
IVAN NEVILLE-IF MY ANCESTORS COULD SEE ME NOW/ 1988 US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ARMEN DONELIAN**SAYAT-NOVA: SONGS OF MY ANCESTORS**2 CD SET US $16.95 Buy It Now 1 day
FREE 2for1 OFFER-IVAN NEVILLE-If My Ancestors Could See Me Now-Polydor ?- 834 89 US $10.98 Buy It Now 1 day
FRANK NELSON - IN THE SPIRIT OF OUR ANCESTORS - NEW CD US $13.61 Buy It Now 1 day
MANDALABAND-III BC-ANCESTORS-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD G35 US $30.50 Buy It Now 2 days
KLEZ-EDGE Ancestors Mindreles Nagila CD TZADIK NEW US $12.49 Buy It Now 2 days
ANCESTORS - Of Sound Mind - RARE 8 Track CD Advance '09 US $4.47 Buy It Now 2 days
Dakota Sunrise - Used CD RARE Soundtrack The Ancestors Keith Heartly Drek D. US $50.00 Buy It Now 2 days
NORTHERN SOUL Willie Charles Gray- "My Ancestors" SSS International PROMO 45 US $9.99 [0 bids]
TUU - ALL OUR ANCESTORS - NEW CD US $11.40 Buy It Now 2 days
ETERNAL SUN 6/8 DRUMZ a tribute to all ancestors 12" RECORD DJ US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ANCESTORS BLOOD - When the Forest Calls LP ( Kadotus - Grimsvötn - Demon Child ) US $22.00 Buy It Now 3 days
CHTHONIC (??) - Where The Ancestors' Souls Gathered / ORG 98 Fredmosa US $49.99 [0 bids]
CHTHONIC (??) - Where the Ancestors' Souls Gathered / ORG 99 Fredmosa US $49.99 [0 bids]
VARIOUS - Ancestors Of Rap - gatefold 2xLP US $36.06 Buy It Now 3 days
MANDALABAND III - BC-ANCESTORS (UK) NEW CD US $23.84 Buy It Now 3 days
Message To Our Ancestors / BIG BLACK / UNI 73012 / AFRO JAZZ FUNK / Stereo / EX+ US $22.46 Buy It Now 3 days
Akemi Iwase CD - Lotus Garden For My Ancestors & My Children - Moon Blossom US $14.95 Buy It Now 3 days
WILLIE CHARLES GRAY: My Ancestors / Same (soul 45) US $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
3 cd singles: Destiny's Child = Survivor + Jocasta + Tribute To Our Ancestors US $1.60 [0 bids]
Whirr Pipe Dreams CD earthless ancestors Whirl / Tee Pee Records / CLEAN!! US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
W.E.S. Group Ancestors CD US $14.45 Buy It Now 3 days
CUBAN DANZON: ITS ANCESTORS & DESCENDENTS - NEW CD US $14.64 Buy It Now 4 days
ANCESTORS BLOOD - "A Dark Passage from the Past" cd (KADOTUS, THY SERPENT) new US $9.46 Buy It Now 4 days
Lutece - And Ancestors Still Remain (CD 2007) NEW/SEALED US $3.19 Buy It Now 4 days
Lou Rawls My Ancestors/Evil Woman 45 RPM Capitol Records VG+ US $7.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Ancestors - In Dreams And Time NEW CD US $16.18 Buy It Now 4 days
Soul Promo 45 LOU RAWLS My Ancestors on Capitol (promo) US $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
David Leask : Ancestors Eyes CD (2003) US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
CHANDRA SHEILA - WEAVING MY ANCESTORS` VOICES - CDRWG24 US $13.69 Buy It Now 5 days
Ancestors - In Dreams & Time - TPE901392 US $17.19 Buy It Now 5 days
Ancestors - Invisible White - TPE901282 US $16.77 Buy It Now 5 days
Ancestors - Neptune With Fire - TPE721012 US $18.44 Buy It Now 5 days
Ancestors - Of Sound Mind - TPE901092 US $16.77 Buy It Now 5 days
Song for My Ancestors by Lisa Thiel (CD, Jul-2001, White Wing Records) US $34.26 Buy It Now 5 days
Dalot - Ancestors [CD New] US $15.98 Buy It Now 5 days
Ancestors ll ep (2009) US $20.00 [0 bids]
DALOT - ANCESTORS NEW CD US $19.53 Buy It Now 5 days
Ivan Neville : If My Ancestors Could See Me Now CD (1990) US $4.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Ancestors Lp Youth Attack US $15.00 [0 bids]
Baomi; Modirzadeh, Hafez; R...-Royal Hartigan ; Ancestors CD NEW US $19.43 Buy It Now 5 days
Ancestors by Dalot *New CD* US $13.03 Buy It Now 5 days
STONE JACK JONES: Ancestors LP (w/ download) Rock & Pop US $16.00 Buy It Now 5 days
SHEILA CHANDRA Weaving My Ancestors' Voice CD US $13.10 Buy It Now 5 days
CD: RENEE ROSNES - Ancestors US $4.50 Buy It Now 5 days
Cuban Danzon: Its Ancestors & Descendents CD US $20.43 Buy It Now 6 days
SHADOWS OF OUR FORGOTTEN ANCESTORS / SOUNDTRACK NEW CD US $25.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Ivan Neville : If My Ancestors Could See Me Now CD (1990) US $4.04 Buy It Now 6 days
Ancestors Of Rap [LP] V/A *SEALED* [Tramp; TRLP 9019] (Germany) US $18.99 Buy It Now 6 days
ARMEN DONELIAN - SAYAT-NOVA: SONGS OF MY ANCESTORS [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $14.14 Buy It Now 6 days
Sheila Chandra : Weaving my ancestors voices CD US $8.64 Buy It Now 6 days
Throw Me The Statue Ancestors PROMO CD Single US $2.49 Buy It Now 6 days
STONE GROVE Calling Back the Ancestors JAPAN ONLY CD OBI PCCY-00822 Working Week US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
VARIOUS - Early Rappers: Hipper Than Hop The Ancestors Of Rap - unmixed CD US $27.26 Buy It Now 7 days
Sheila Chandra : Weaving my ancestors voices CD US $6.73 Buy It Now 7 days
Ancestors - Neptune With Fire Vinyl Record LP US $19.72 Buy It Now 7 days
VARIOUS - Early Rappers: Hipper Than Hop - The Ancestors Of Rap - 2xLP US $37.28 Buy It Now 7 days
PAGAN LAND Shadows Of Forgotten Ancestors | TINI ZABUTYH PREDKOV Carpathia (CD) US $12.30 Buy It Now 7 days
Weaving My Ancestors' Voices 0884108002421, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P US $21.23 Buy It Now 7 days
Radio Moscow S/T 7" earthless kadavar joy ancestors Volcom Ent. BLUE VINYL / NEW US $8.99 Buy It Now 7 days
ANCESTORS BLOOD "A Moment of Clarity" LP nokturnal mortum graveland US $23.25 Buy It Now 8 days
ANCESTORS BLOOD "Return of the Ancient Ones" LP nokturnal mortum graveland US $23.25 Buy It Now 8 days
Rawls, Lou - Evil Woman/My Ancestors (45,1968) US $3.75 Buy It Now 8 days
ARTS Thousand Wounds Of War LP black metal Youth Attack black cilice ancestors US $23.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Neville, Ivan If My Ancestors Could See Me Now CD US $6.60 Buy It Now 8 days
Dalot - Ancestors CD Pop Electronic US $17.45 Buy It Now 9 days
IVAN NEVILLE-IF MY ANCESTORS COULD SEE ME NOW soul LP US $4.98 Buy It Now 9 days
Global Journey Ancestors CD US $2.04 Buy It Now 9 days
Rubbadubb(12" Vinyl P/S)Tribute To Our Ancestors-East West---Ex/New (UNPLAYED) US $24.03 Buy It Now 9 days
Ivan Neville Promo LP 1988 If my ancestors could see me ( VG ++ ) US $5.00 Buy It Now 9 days
TAUMBU INTERNATIONAL ENSEMBLE SONG OF THE ANCESTORS BRAND NEW-SEALED CASSETTE US $7.49 Buy It Now 9 days
IVAN NEVILLE IF MY ANCESTORS COULD SEE ME NOW CASSETTE TAPE BROTHERS POLYGRAM US $17.62 Buy It Now 9 days
Sheila Chandra : Weaving My Ancestors Voices CD (1993) US $4.34 Buy It Now 9 days
Randy Weston, Spirits of Our Ancestors Audio CD US $29.99 Buy It Now 9 days
ANCESTORS - NEPTUNE WITH FIRE [SLIPCASE] - NEW CD US $9.64 Buy It Now 9 days
A Voice Spirit of The Ancestors -- NEW CD Taiwan US $34.95 Buy It Now 9 days
RARE MONO Afro Jazz LP BIG BLACK Message To Our Ancestors UNI VG+ SHRINK US $24.99 Buy It Now 9 days
All Our Ancestors - Tuu 05466641 US $12.57 Buy It Now 10 days
Weaving My Ancestors' Voices by Sheila Chandra (CD, Sep-1998, RealWorld/CEMA) US $4.50 Buy It Now 10 days
Kings of Tomorrow - Ancestors 12" Vinyl TEST PRESSING DVR02 Treasa Fennie US $19.99 Buy It Now 10 days
RENEE ROSNES**ANCESTORS**CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 10 days

More places to buy ANCESTORS music online Buy ANCESTORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANCESTORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANCESTORS Neptune with Fire ratings distribution

ANCESTORS Neptune with Fire reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars "Neptune with Fire" is the debut full-length studio album by US, Los Angeles, California based stoner metal act Ancestors. The album was released through North Atlantic Sound in February 2008.

The music on the album is predominantly instrumental/jamming stoner metal. There are vocals featured on the album (and some pretty great ones I might add) but the music is mostly instrumental. "Neptune with Fire" features only two tracks, but both tracks are more than 15 minutes long to make the album´s playing time 38:40 minutes. In addition to guitars, bass, drums and vocals there are two keyboard players in the lineup playing organ, various keyboards and electronics. It´s all very tastefully delivered and the album features a very organic sound and a pleasant earthy atmosphere. Because of the very long playing times, the two songs have a lot of time to develop, but while both tracks go through a couple of transitions during the playing time, there are actually very few sections in each song. Most sections go on for a long time, while solos are being played. So if you enjoy laid back and pleasant sounding jamming stoner metal "Neptune with Fire" is definitely recommendable.

Upon conclusion "Neptune with Fire" is a pretty strong release with great musicianship and a warm organic production, but the songwriting could have been a bit more focused if you ask me. My attention has a tendency to wander when the solos (which are well played but not flashy or especially adventurous) just go on and on and on. Fans of the genre might appreciate the jamming element more than I do though. A 3 star (60%) rating is warranted.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#389616) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 29, 2011

Post a review of ANCESTORS "Neptune with Fire"